Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

A week in the NICU ain't cheap.

JimBob better dust off his checkbook! I doubt Jill and Derelict had anything more than bare bones insurance.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

While I completely agree that a lot of these people avoid real medical expertise due to cost, I think Jill is so drunk on the Kool Aid that she actually believes the whole Doctors and Hospitals are Evil BS. Like, totally.

• Love 6
(edited)

i had all my kids in hospital, but I'm not under any illusion that hospitals and staff don't make mistakes. We have several hospitals  here undergoing investigation into births that resulted in disabilities and deaths

That said, I hope Jill was actually at the hospital in good time and not at the eleventh hour

Edited by Totally
Spelling error
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Hospitals can't actually force a patient to have a c-section, can they? One's private doctor could refuse to treat her, but I think a hospitalist would be shit out of luck.  So if Jill did show up in labor and insisted on a trial of labor, I don't think there would be anything the hospital staff could do but cajole and attempt to educated the incapable of being educated. That said, until proven otherwise I'm assuming she labored at home until she came to the conclusion that a VBAC wasn't going to happen and went to the hospital.

No, performing surgery on a patient against their will is assault and the doctor and staff could be arrested, not to mention the malpractice implications.  Sometimes, if there is time, another doctor can be found to give a second opinion or even assume care; but, if not, the original doc can only keep the discussion open and carefully document everything.

There have been a couple of times where hospitals have gone to court to force a woman to have a cesarean with mixed results.  In one case that happened at a local hospital, by the time the judge ruled, the baby was dead, so the point was moot.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Donate

Oh hell yeah to that...that'll be the next whine, oh poor us and all that we struggle thru, even though we are strong in our faith blah blah blah.  Betcha the D Man there is already composing a blog post on all their hardships, and little Sammy who incurred quite the medical bill while in the NICU.  And of course, the stupid leghumpers will give.  

This won't slow Jill down - she's always going to figure she knows more than those non Gawd fearing heathen medical doctors and nurses.  It doesn't matter to her or the husband if it kills her or a baby, because they put that kind of event down to the will of the Lord.  Idiots.

• Love 7

I can remember an incident were we had an Asian mom who needed a C-section for failure to progress.  Mom and Dad were both ok with it, since it was a necessity, but the mom's mother was fighting against it.  She was wailing and crying, and actually on her knees holding onto the doctor's leg begging not to do the surgery.  Grandma was willing to let her daughter and grandchild die rather than have an incision made.  Fortunately, the mom and dad were both much more Americanized, and had no problem understanding the importance and need for surgery, and they had a healthy baby.  Grandma was giving all of us, and the baby,  the "evil look" after it was all over, and did not seem happy with her grandchild at all.  I've always wondered if Grandma finally accepted the situation, or if she held a grudge against the grandchild forever.  Another interesting night in our unit at the hospital.

• Love 16

I don't think it is a money issue.  I live in the South. It was $2800 for me to have a planned delivery at the hospital. It was mandatory to have at least half of it paid by the 20 week mark. SURELY the Dillards have that amount. Nope not a money issue...they prefer that "oh wow Jill you birthed naturally on your uncovered couch !!! Ahhh-mazing. Bless your heart." type of admiration 

• Love 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Don't worry about the money for the NICU because once a baby goes to NICU Medicaid picks up the bill and happened to me even though I had great insurance that covers everything.

Uh, that is not always the case.  My daughter spent nine days in NICU and we certainly paid $$$$$.  Now if they have absolutely no coverage, Medicaid might step in if the Dillards qualify.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Don't worry about the money for the NICU because once a baby goes to NICU Medicaid picks up the bill and happened to me even though I had great insurance that covers everything.

That is only the case where the infant meets the disability standards such as being a micro-preemie.

• Love 4

So Jill labored for 40 hours and then had a c section!? I assume most/all of that labor was at home like last time and then when something went wrong they went to the hospital and hemmed and hawed re a c section for their 10 lb baby!? These morons are going to cause themselves serious damage before all is said and done if they continue to act this way re medical procedures.

How do we know the baby is in the NICU? Has that been said?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, cereality said:

So Jill labored for 40 hours and then had a c section!? I assume most/all of that labor was at home like last time and then when something went wrong they went to the hospital and hemmed and hawed re a c section for their 10 lb baby!? These morons are going to cause themselves serious damage before all is said and done if they continue to act this way re medical procedures.

How do we know the baby is in the NICU? Has that been said?

The picture released shows the baby is in NICU.  They don't hook a baby up like that unless the baby is in NICU.  The nursery would have a warmer, but there is more going on then routine monitoring.

• Love 3

I wonder if they'll pass her laboring at home during the birth episode or just pass the hospital parts. She's gonna get judged severely if she did try birthing a 10lb baby with a shitty midwife. It'll also show she had no medical advice beforehand because any professional would have advised her against a VBAC.

• Love 5

It's illegal for lay midwives to attend home VBACs in Arkansas. So, there's that. She likely had that Fedosky woman "attending" her. 

Fedosky is no longer on the most recent midwife apprentice list which was released about 10 days ago. I think that would be the only woman stupid enough to entertain Jill's fantasy of attempting a home VBAC.

I think we're all in agreement that she waited far too long to go to the hospital again? She was probably in surgery half an hour after showing up at the maternity ward. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The Dillards: Two Huge Babies (and their kids)

I like it!

other ideas: 

The Dillards: Two Generations of Giant White Babies 

The Dillards: Giant White Babies, plus Iz and Sam 

The Dillards: Two C-sections and Counting

• Love 6
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

My baby was full term but heart stopped  4 times. 

Like I said the infant has to meet disability standards. 

I had a bad feeling about this birth the last couple of months and I'm glad it's over.  It could assuredly have gone much worse than it apparently did.  I hope nothing is seriously wrong with Samuel and it seems Derick being able to hold him is a good sign.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 7

Jill just gave birth to a freaking toddler. I generally stay quiet on how these women choose to bring their children into the world because it's not my body, but that baby looks like he should be potty trained next week. If you're giving birth to babies that big, you need to be under the supervision of real doctors with access to tools and information that you don't have at home.

I get that Jill has these grand dreams about having the perfect home birth without any interventions.  Jill really feels like a a natural home birth is the best way to go and even "studied" to help other women do the same.  It sucks for her that as the years go by, it's more and more likely that her dream birthing experience isn't going to happen.  All snark and eye rolling aside, I feel for her because she must be frustrated and disappointed. 

• Love 18

I'm still hoping Jill went to the hospital early in her labor. People do have VBACs all the time and I'm guessing the majority are without complications. I'm hoping the NICU care has nothing to do with the fact that they were in a Zika prone area before and during the pregnancy. 

This is where the Duggars truly do not understand their 'celebrity' status. Keeping details private causes speculation and even with respected celebrities the speculation is often negative. Then, to top it off they post a picture of Samuel, clearly hooked up to medical interventions, with no explanation. It does look like a professional picture, so if its a TLC ploy then TLC is not understanding how many haters/boycotters they have as well.

This is a newborn, not a gagging adult. IMO, now is not the time to create drama. 

• Love 15

It seems to be evident that Jill's female delivering 'parts' just aren't big enough to accommodate babies at this size. She really needs to be fully examined by a real OB and determine what her baby making future will have to involve. I really hope that Cathy reads Derick the riot act about this and urges her son to check in to his wife's 'baby future' NOW.

I believe I read on some board about the Duggar daughters some years ago speculating about their ability to have many children like their mother. It seems that perhaps, they will not follow in their mother's footsteps. Anna, is not a blood relative and perhaps, she will birth at least 5 more without incident. (Awful to think about). I wonder how the Duggar girls will cope with that let down?

Jill obviously didn't receive ANY prenatal care while down in Central America for all those months. She most likely had another unqualified 'midwife'. When will this WOMAN of what, 26(?) learn how to be a grown up and put the welfare of your own children before your own desires? Isn't this part of being a Christian?

• Love 14

No these girls will never get a clue about medical care while pregnant and delivering because they BELIEVE that God will give them what they want. Evidently whatever Duggars want is what God wants. Funny coincidence isn't it?  They don't remember Jubilee as a cautionary tale, just that god wanted her with him more.

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure Jill & Derick are receiving medical advice at the hospital now. What advice they're given and whether they follow it is unknown.

I honestly hope that the doctor who performed this c-section is on his rounds this morning and is brutally frank with them about this dangerous game they are playing. 

Btw, I can't imagine Jill attending another woman's birth. She is careless with her own child how much worse is she with a stranger's child?

• Love 17
(edited)

I haven't seen anyone else mention this (although I have rushed through the last batch of posts), but is there any chance Jill had gestational diabetes with this pregnancy?  That can cause babies to be bigger than the norm.  With the lack of prenatal care, it could have gone undiagnosed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Edited by magpye29
giant blank space in post
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

In my experience in L&D, no reputable doctor would allow a woman to labor for 40 hours anywhere, home or hospital.  Personally I think Jill is trying to win the "Longest Labor" award and is lying about how long she was in real labor.  Either that or she's so damned dumb that she doesn't know how to tell what real labor is.

Sigh.....

Jill had some midwife training (even if it was just looking at pictures in a book or similar).  She watched her mother birth 376 babies.  She was plenty aware of what happened with Jubilee.  Even if she is as dumb as a box of rocks, SOME of the ins and outs (forgive me) of baby birthing had to make it through her skull and into her brain - unless she is being willfully ignorant, and is trying to win the martyr award for most difficult births.  If that is indeed the case, she and her dimbulb husband need to stop procreating immediately and be thankful that they have two healthy sons, and that Jill is also okay after birthing what looks to be a 6-month old baby.

In Jill's mind, if heaven forbid something should happen to her while attempting to deliver a 13 pound baby, does that make her the "winner?"  I'm not trying to make light of anything, but I honestly wonder if this is the mindset that has been ingrained in her psyche while watching her mother deal with baby after baby...that in the end, it doesn't necessarily matter what happens to the mother, as long as she is in the process of birthing more babies.

3 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

I haven't seen anyone else mention this (although I have rushed through the last batch of posts), but is there any chance Jill had gestational diabetes with this pregnancy?  That can cause babies to be bigger than the norm.  With the lack of prenatal care, it could have gone undiagnosed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

I am not a doctor (I'm so glad we have one here in the house) but I think it's highly likely.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6

There's not much I can add that hasn't been mentioned - but I wanted to say I feel sorry for little Sam.  In all the talk about Jill and Derrick and their irresponsibility I want to remember that baby had no say in his parents "choices".   If anything had gone very wrong during birth or if there are any complications from whatever it is that's causing him to have all those monitors and oxygen right now HE'S the one that will have to pay the price.  To me that's really sad; Jill can focus on her mother of the year fantasy all she wants but I can't wrap my head around the idea that she can't seem to step back and decide she's wrong or she needs help or she has to put her home birth and vbac plans aside so she can put the babies needs and health first.  If she doesn't wake up, attempt to grow a brain and a backbone and start acting like a true adult she's going to do this again.   She'll announce number three then throw out phrases like "try for the home-birth" and "labor at home" and, being very unlikely to deliver naturally after two c-sections, she's going to be damn lucky to not end up with a severally disabled or dead baby.  I just feel sorry and maybe a little mad that they could potentially have a child that has to deal with lifelong issues that could have been prevented but weren't because they're so arrogant.

And I sincerely hope that the 40 hours of labor with Sam is just their wonky way of counting when labor starts (I had a twinge, start the clock!) and not the true amount of time she spent trying to get that kid out before she sought help.

• Love 21

I'm not an MD, although I've had years of playing one at home, but I thought gestational diabetes babies were usually like 10lbs or more.

Could one of you tweeters or Twitterers do a #samueldillard search? Maybe someone posted pictures other than Jill & Derick. I'm curious to see a full on picture of little Sammy.

• Love 1

I think it depends, I googled and a lot of women have had around 8 lb babies but they still look huge. I'm really thinking he was a GD baby cause of how giant he is

28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Could one of you tweeters or Twitterers do a #samueldillard search? Maybe someone posted pictures other than Jill & Derick. I'm curious to see a full on picture of little Sammy.

Nothing on twitter yet that I can see

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not an MD, although I've had years of playing one at home, but I thought gestational diabetes babies were usually like 10lbs or more.

I haven't seen any.  But if Samuel is in the NICU, the only allowed visitors would be Derick, Jill, and his grandparents.  Guests over 18 can visit only accompanied by the parents.  Izzy will likely not get permission to visit unless it's going to be more then a week stay, but each NICU will have different rules for siblings.

• Love 3

I'm going to be so mad if we find out it was that idiot Fedosky woman calling the shots. How stupid can they be? Why do they insist on using her? Surely she was the "midwife" at jessa's birth that was not seen or identified. Had it been a legit midwife, she would have had talking heads and the whole nine yards!

that's what I just don't get about fundies...give other fundies business, even if you or your child has to die in the process! Can't find a fundie doctor? Go to a fundie quack who lost his license, then!

this is also something I seriously wonder about Derick. He's from the area...why use that quack Dr. Fedosky? Surely he has a doctor that he grew up with! Maybe I am very, very independent, but there are some things that are non-negotiable for me. Driving maybe fifteen more minutes to see a real doctor I have a history with would be one. This just shows how enmeshed and unable to think for themselves everyone within duggar world is!

i bet Jeremy and jinge see a real doctor in Laredo!

• Love 9
(edited)

Izzy was a large baby and Sam was also large.  She might've had GD and kept it quiet, we don't know.

I can tell you from my own experience of having 10 pounders:

My first son was a 10 pounder.  I'm Jill's size.  Baby's arm broke, 2 dislocated hips and massive tearing for me. It was a train wreck.  I was in a top NYC hospital with a good OB.  Baby scanned much smaller and who the hell would've thought I was carrying such a big guy.  (That son is now 6'6").

Next pregnancy I was transferred to a high risk OB.  I was given the GD test as usual and I also went back in every 2-3 weeks during the last trimester to monitor for late GD.  It was all negative.  But, my point is, is anyone monitoring Jill like that?  I have had all big babies and large babies are high risk for the mother and the baby. I was always monitored so much closer than my "small baby" friends. I had more advanced ultra sounds and my last baby was watched closely because she was in a bad spot on a C-section scar...being so large...it concerned the OB. It was all fine but you get my point. 

I have no more medical information than what is on social media. I do wonder if Jill had been more open to more medical intervention if she could've had a VBAC rather than try to "go it alone" at home and not really know what she was doing. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

There's not much I can add that hasn't been mentioned - but I wanted to say I feel sorry for little Sam.  In all the talk about Jill and Derrick and their irresponsibility I want to remember that baby had no say in his parents "choices".   If anything had gone very wrong during birth or if there are any complications from whatever it is that's causing him to have all those monitors and oxygen right now HE'S the one that will have to pay the price.  To me that's really sad; Jill can focus on her mother of the year fantasy all she wants but I can't wrap my head around the idea that she can't seem to step back and decide she's wrong or she needs help or she has to put her home birth and vbac plans aside so she can put the babies needs and health first.  If she doesn't wake up, attempt to grow a brain and a backbone and start acting like a true adult she's going to do this again.   She'll announce number three then throw out phrases like "try for the home-birth" and "labor at home" and, being very unlikely to deliver naturally after two c-sections, she's going to be damn lucky to not end up with a severally disabled or dead baby.  I just feel sorry and maybe a little mad that they could potentially have a child that has to deal with lifelong issues that could have been prevented but weren't because they're so arrogant.

And I sincerely hope that the 40 hours of labor with Sam is just their wonky way of counting when labor starts (I had a twinge, start the clock!) and not the true amount of time she spent trying to get that kid out before she sought help.

This is what pisses me off. Jilly muffin had a nervous breakdown over donating blood and getting her damn wisdom teeth pulled. But let her babies suffer, get IVs and other sundry things and it's "Oh well god is good". I honestly think she needs to be punched in the throat.

• Love 20
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

How many sections can she realistically have? Four? She seems to grow 'em too big (and possibly transverse again) to deliver naturally. 

My aunt had four. When she became pregnant with her last child, the doctors told her that her fourth c-section needed to be her last because of what her body could handle.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Interesting that People doesn't have an update on their site. 

They do: http://people.com/tv/jill-duggar-dillard-welcomes-second-baby/

But People doesn't claim an "exclusive" on the birth story - just quotes the Dillards' website. They do use quotes from the prior "People exclusive" story about the pregnancy and gender reveal, along that cringeworthy "People exclusive" photo of Jill holding that hyooge boy's outfit.

Hmm. I think that People didn't pay the Dillards for the birth story, but they did pay for the pregnancy/reveal story. 

So, no People paycheck for this C-section for Jilly Dilly. Now they surely will have some significant hospital bills to pay, so DONATE!, everybody.

ETA: Of course, there may be a People exclusive coming up, with photos of Samuel etc. As someone mentioned above, People ain't getting any photos while the baby's in NICU. Maybe the People birth paycheck will just be a little delayed until they can stage the photos and get the lame "exclusive!" quotes. 

Although I wonder what there is for People to get an "exclusive" about. We all know the kid's name and deets, and the Dillards have posted a photo of him. Did they hold anything back that People would want to pay for? Didn't Jessa work the system better, by withholding Spurgeon's name, and then People paid cash for the story? Jessa can be bitchy, but you gotta admit, when it comes to PR, the girl's got game.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

along that cringeworthy "People exclusive" photo of Jill holding that hyooge boy's outfit.

Based on his birth weight, she knew something when she picked that sucker out.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

They do: http://people.com/tv/jill-duggar-dillard-welcomes-second-baby/

But People doesn't claim an "exclusive" on the birth story - just quotes the Dillards' website. They do use quotes from the prior "People exclusive" story about the pregnancy and gender reveal, along that cringeworthy "People exclusive" photo of Jill holding that hyooge boy's outfit.

Hmm. I think that People didn't pay the Dillards for the birth story, but they did pay for the pregnancy/reveal story. 

So, no People paycheck for this C-section for Jilly Dilly. Now they surely will have some significant hospital bills to pay, so DONATE!, everybody.

ETA: Of course, there may be a People exclusive coming up, with photos of Samuel etc. As someone mentioned above, People ain't getting any photos while the baby's in NICU. Maybe the People birth paycheck will just be a little delayed until they can stage the photos and get the lame "exclusive!" quotes. 

Although I wonder what there is for People to get an "exclusive" about. We all know the kid's name and deets, and the Dillards have posted a photo of him. Did they hold anything back that People would want to pay for? Didn't Jessa work the system better, by withholding Spurgeon's name, and then People paid cash for the story? Jessa can be bitchy, but you gotta admit, when it comes to PR, the girl's got game.

Perhaps People could get an exclusive on Jill's health, since we don't know much about how she is doing at this point.

• Love 6