Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Pair of 9 lb babies that book-ended by two 7 lb ones. With my first, doctor had no idea he was so big since I measured right on the whole pregnancy.  But, I had him in a hospital, so as soon as it appeared he wouldn't come and his heart rate dropped, we were on our way to the OR. He's 15 now, but I still reminisce about the "tiny baby".  Last one was 9 lb 8 oz.  Doctor was worried about size, did a quick u/s at about 37 weeks and predicted birth weight within an ounce. :). But, unlike Jilly Muffin, both times I had excellent prenatal care, so the worst complication we had was some jaundice with my oldest. Some time with a bill-light, and he was all good. (BTW, would Jill even KNOW how to diagnose and treat newborn jaundice?)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, too soon. She was still pregnant at Joy's wedding and during the#babymoon two weeks ago. Even if she gave birth on their anniversary, it's still way too soon for them to be having sex.

I was being sarcastic. They're professional breeders.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/30/2017 at 7:12 AM, ginger90 said:

In that update there are a few pictures. One is of Derick at their house. The picture is captioned,

"Some of the brothers came over for some guy time the other night"

5DC1FDDBFC68CC34499C1793C9899B23.7-img-6

Yup, SOME

I

While I did LOL and agree with the pasty Wonder Bread comment, I actually do think -  now, bear with me because I swear I'm sober - that these boys, if allowed a personality and some individuality, wouldn't be all that bad looking.  I mean, if some of the Duggar boys played football or baseball, and one had a great sense of humor, and one of them kicked ass on the debate team, etc., I can see where they'd be cute.  But this picture just bugs the crap out of me because half of them are wearing t-shirts that promote themselves, their religion, or some college football team that they will never see (and don't get me started on Dreck and that ministry shirt).  They all wear the patented Duggar smugly-satisfied smirk.  And as usual, I hate JB and Michelle for raising a group of clueless robots instead of a healthy, smart, talented bunch of sons.  They should be dating and going to movies and stressing over their AP calculus exams, instead of doing whatever the hell they're doing over at Heavy D's house on a Friday night.

/rant

P.S. Is that Sinner Twin next to Derrick?  I didn't realize he was so short.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, Patricia07 said:

I'll bet Jill really wants to get ahead of Jessa though.

Is it wrong that I kinda want Anna to have her baby the same day as Jill? 

• Love 12

When the People announcement was made, Anna was probably already 2-3 or even 4 months along.  So that would put her in the November/December/January conception timeframe which would mean a July/August/September baby.  Technically "later in the year".

Please, God, don't let there be a gender reveal party or a birth episode with the latest smugling.  I seriously would boycott everything TLC from now until eternity if there is.  And I know I'm not the only one.  I already TiVo the episodes and watch nearly a week later so that it doesn't count towards ratings.  I will quit TLC completely if it happens.

And if any sponsor advertised on that episode I would boycott their products faster than you can say EW!  

This family deserves ZERO attention with this band aid baby.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

When the People announcement was made, Anna was probably already 2-3 or even 4 months along.  So that would put her in the November/December/January conception timeframe which would mean a July/August/September baby.  Technically "later in the year".

Please, God, don't let there be a gender reveal party or a birth episode with the latest smugling.  I seriously would boycott everything TLC from now until eternity if there is.  And I know I'm not the only one.  I already TiVo the episodes and watch nearly a week later so that it doesn't count towards ratings.  I will quit TLC completely if it happens.

And if any sponsor advertised on that episode I would boycott their products faster than you can say EW!  

This family deserves ZERO attention with this band aid baby.  

The Smuggars knew that it was a boy when they made the announcement. So probably 4 or even 5 months, which would put the conception in October or November, and the baby in July or August. But definitely not 2-3 months.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

The Smuggars knew that it was a boy when they made the announcement. So probably 4 or even 5 months, which would put the conception in October or November, and the baby in July or August. But definitely not 2-3 months.

Right. I think that's why I extrapolated "summer" from "later this year" when trying to calclulate a possible due date. But I didn't care enough to do actual counting, just a broad estimate. 

Wait. I thought both the bro in the Texas shirt and the " does God know you" shirt were the twin that looks like Josiah. But obviously that can't be! I see Josiah and the sinner twin next to derick, but who are the other two look-alikes? 

Has anyone seen the latest TLC promo for Counting On with Derick mentioning a possible heart problem, presumably affecting the new baby? Caught me by surprise. A few posts back people were speculating that a birth defect may be the reason for the baby's pre-birth name announcement. Anyone heard anything further?

2 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wait. I thought both the bro in the Texas shirt and the " does God know you" shirt were the twin that looks like Josiah. But obviously that can't be! I see Josiah and the sinner twin next to derick, but who are the other two look-alikes? 

Texas shirt is Jed, God shirt is Jason. Yes, there's a Jason. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Texas shirt is Jed, God shirt is Jason. Yes, there's a Jason. 

Who knew? I never would've thought Jason and I read these forums every day! I thought that couldn't possibly be Jackson grown up that fast! 

14 minutes ago, Hpmec said:

Has anyone seen the latest TLC promo for Counting On with Derick mentioning a possible heart problem, presumably affecting the new baby? Caught me by surprise. A few posts back people were speculating that a birth defect may be the reason for the baby's pre-birth name announcement. Anyone heard anything further?

High level of heart defects found in Zika-affected babies: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2017/04/high-level-heart-defects-found-zika-affected-babies

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Ohhhhhh see, I thought that the gender announcement was made after the pregnancy announcement.  My bad.  ?

So there is a big chance that Smuggar #5 COULD be born around the same time as Samuel. Interesting...

31 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Another Chip Gaines shoutout with the DemoDay shirt on whichever future impregnator is on the far right...

The Gaines must be delighted. Eyeroll.

That's  James. I pointed out the shirt yesterday. I still think James is the least Duggar-ish looking of the bunch. Or rather, that he looks like Deanna and Amy rather than JB.

And I thought "sinner twin" is the one in the orange? Or do I have my twins confused.

• Love 1

I know there are 19 kids and all, but that brother picture really brings it home.

Reading the comments on trying to figure out who is who - these poor boys. You know their whole lives are like that. No individuality, just a sea of boys that probably few people know them well enough to tell them apart. 

• Love 16
(edited)

So who is wearing the Duggar Studios t-shirt?  I do not recognize him.  Is that Justin? Jackson?  Or the nephew/adopted child? 

And how come Jason gets to wear SHORTS?  

ETA:  Did some digging and see it is Justin.  

Edited by 3 is enough

I think both twins are decent looking, in the Duggar scheme of things. Orange shirt twin (Jed?) used to look a lot like Josiah and Jason, but seems to have gotten more attractive in puberty (and retained his hair) while they've gone downhill quickly. Blue shirt twin (Jer?) used to be more different-looking than his brothers, and while he's looking more Duggar-y of late, he, too, has maintained a hairline.

(edited)

Maybe it's because I have so many nice-looking men in my life with receding hairlines, but I think it's the shape of the head, not the placement of the hairline, that makes so many of the Duggar boys unfortunate-looking. They tend be pointy at the chin and bulbous at the top, giving them a "gray alien" kind of look that a high hairline only accentuates. That's poor Josie's problem, IMHO. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, Hpmec said:

there was an episode last year when Derek went in to get checked for his gagging and Jill got a check-up. They were listening to her neck, she said they mentioned the carotid artery not sounding right or something to that effect. She didn't act worried at all, not like I would have. That may be what they are referring too but I haven't seen it this season.

It's so funny how beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I think Sinner Twin is hot, and Texas Twin looks like a smug asshole  (i.e. Josh's doppelganger). The rest of the boys are so bland they blend into the woodwork.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

The best part of this show is us arguing over which kid is which. And I still can't pick out Justin, he's like Bigfoot to me.

Justin's easy. He has the Bieberesque haircut, something he won't be able to maintain once puberty hits and his hairline recedes.

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's so funny how beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I think Sinner Twin is hot, and Texas Twin looks like a smug asshole  (i.e. Josh's doppelganger). The rest of the boys are so bland they blend into the woodwork.

Same here.  I think Sinner Twin is the cutest of the boys.  JD has the weird shaped head that @Portia noted, and Smuggar is just an ugly Pillsbury Dough Boy.  

I agree too, that Texas Twin has that Smuggar look about him, like he's just the greatest.  Yuck.

• Love 1

I have always thought that sinner twin  (Jeremiah?) was the hot twin, until someone here said otherwise. I was confused, I really find hisome curly hair cute.

20170703_111703.jpg

Screenshot_20170703-112332.jpg

• Love 6

Hilariously, I've been to Chick-fil-A like two times in my life, and the last time I was there, even their bags had a huge legend on them gently suggesting that one should make sure to pick one's meal incorporating "some reds and greens".

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Poor kid looks like he was crying his eyes out! Or maybe allergies? His eyes are so swollen and puffy :-( 

Israel should know how to eat with a fork by now.  He's two years and three months and most kids learn to eat with utensils by 17 or 18 months.  Why is he still eating with his fingers?

I wouldn't want to make either of these guys feel badly about the genes they were dealt by commenting about their inherited looks. I know, I had a honker of an Italian nose until I was 22; then I had the means to have it 'taken care of'...I was very self conscious about my profile up until then. These two seem like nice guys.

• Love 3

I'm all for healthy eating.  My first child only ate "white food".  I could have (and did) cut up all kinds of other healthy or healthyish things.   And ended up throwing them away. Now he is a grown up man and eats a lot more but still does not eat fruit.  His daughter, my beautiful granddaughter, would sit at the table with a plate of food.  Daughter in law every meal made her a beautiful plate with interesting healthy things.  And after every meal it would go untouched and into the trash.  Every once in a while she ate a bite.  Never could figure out how she survived.  Her brother ate everything as a toddler and little boy.  Now he is an always hungry teenager and has a lot more things he doesn't like, go figure.  So, if Israel will eat this stuff, then maybe it is better than going hungry.  I know, Duggars, etc. but sometimes kids just eat what they want no matter what artful presentation is made.  Just to be clear. I am not a fan of the Duggars and love to snark!!

• Love 16

They tend be pointy at the chin and bulbous at the top, giving them a "gray alien" kind of look that a high hairline only accentuates. That's poor Josie's problem, IMHO. 

Totally agree!  Josie's facial features are actually very similar to Michelle's.  The wispy blonde hair and high forehead do not do her any favors.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Israel should know how to eat with a fork by now.  He's two years and three months and most kids learn to eat with utensils by 17 or 18 months.  Why is he still eating with his fingers?

I'll give him the lack of cutlery since it's chips and nuggets (or whatever it is), but he looks to me like he's secure enough to be on a dangerous roller coaster. Maybe they're worried he will escape the compound.

Ok, since I can only remember having seen him eating this meal and the tin of tomato purée/sauce, I'm not sure if he has a normalish diet and these meals have been documented because they're treats, or whether he only eats odd and very unbalanced meals. 

• Love 3