Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

What I found interesting is that Jechelle said in 2010 that Jill was studying Spanish.  Yet, when she went to the "mission field" in '15-'16, she was taking in house Spanish lessons and still didn't seem to know many words. 

One of the few fairly extensive clips I've seen of the show is Jill leading a phalanx of Duggars to a group Spanish lesson with her Arkansas Spanish "teacher," Marjorie's mother. I don't remember it clearly, but what sticks out is that it demonstrated that no Duggar at all has an attention span greater than that of a gnat.

And that while Jill seemed to be taking the thing seriously, for a Duggar, her experiences "learning" in that family wouldn't in the least have prepared her -- or any of the rest of them -- to learn anything seriously. Because the vast majority of them seemed to be 100 percent embarrassed by the attempt to "learn" anything, incapable of listening to anybody and pretty much generally incapable of exhibiting maturity above that of a two-year-old. I expect that every "learning" experience she ever had was more or less a zoo. So even though she's one of the few who's ever tried to learn anything academic,, doing that would be kind of like climbing Everest on two day's preparation, for Duggars. My hat is off to once again to John David for learning enough to get pilot's licenses. 

• Love 6

My hat is off to once again to John David for learning enough to get pilot's licenses

I think that he was the only one who expressed an interest in becoming a pilot.  JB saw income potential for Duggar Industries LLC (or whatever it's called) so he allowed the independent study.  So sad that only one of the Duggarlings has training for a sustainable career outside of the compound...one that does not include flipping houses.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

...experiences "learning" in that family wouldn't in the least have prepared her -- or any of the rest of them -- to learn anything seriously. Because the vast majority of them seemed to be 100 percent embarrassed by the attempt to "learn" anything, incapable of listening to anybody and pretty much generally incapable of exhibiting maturity above that of a two-year-old. I

I think in this they emulate Boob, who (IMHO) is completely insecure and defaults to "hyuck hyuck hyuck"  as a defense mechanism in the face of anything outside his tiny tiny sphere of knowledge and experience. I think the fear of learning goes 100% hand-in-hand with the Duggar fear of the big bad world and insistence on insulating themselves in their freakshow life.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Exactly. Kathy treats him like an actual person. To Jill he is just Baby #1.

I'm not even sure he is that...he is baby "whateverthehecknumberweareonnow", and the fact that he sprang from her uterus doesn't seem to make much difference...

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes Jill, the world knows you're knocked up. Do we need the constant reminders? Ugh...

Seems to me that she's promoting her "friend's" book as much as going on about being pregnant. 

• Love 3

Pretty much guys only, here.  They must be shooting the shit about guy things while the women folk are talking pregnancy in the kitchen.  I remember those groupings.  I'd hang with the guys or go outside and be mercifully alone.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I see Jill is as clingy as ever in that photo.

Oy vey.  And Derick let his hair down for the occasion.  I wonder if she is having her all day morning sickness or just enjoys smelling his armpit.  What?  Did I actually type that???

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

Pretty much guys only, here.  They must be shooting the shit about guy things while the women folk are talking pregnancy in the kitchen.  I remember those groupings.  I'd hang with the guys or go outside and be mercifully alone.

Jesus (I mean Derick) and Jill are cuddling on the couch.  Jill is wearing Mustard Cardigan!

A female is standing under the Peace On Earth banner, sporting a fundie hair bump!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

That makes no sense to me.

"USA" is in Jerusalem. I best guess is that it means the United States is intrinsically bound to Israel and bound to protect it, or some such nonsense. I won't say more, but it's definitely a political statement. 

I think it's stupid. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

"USA" is in Jerusalem. I best guess is that it means the United States is intrinsically bound to Israel and bound to protect it, or some such nonsense. I won't say more, but it's definitely a political statement. 

I think it's stupid. 

`Which brings me to this question , what is the fundie perception of Arab Christians , especially Palestinian Christians ?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

Do they have two harps?!?! Who plays the harp?!?!

Seems like I recall Jana or Jill demonstrated harp playing way back when. But a very odd instrument to have 2 of. 

What is all the bits of paper on the floor? Sticky notes that fell off the wall?

3 hours ago, lianau said:

`Which brings me to this question , what is the fundie perception of Arab Christians , especially Palestinian Christians ?

"Arab Christian" is probably an oxymoron to them. The term just does not compute. 

• Love 1

Everyone in the above pic needs a drink in his/her hand.

Josie spit out her celery on the counter.

The baby doll, complete with Fundy hairband/bow, has been abandoned by her "mommy" in training. Tsk. (Or maybe it's a real baby, and the "mommy" is pregnant with the next one, so doesn't care anymore.)

Jill/Derrick need to cut this out.

Is that blob (in the arm-folding left corner group) Joshley?

ETA: Two more pieces of styrofoam!!!

Edited by drafan
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Seems like I recall Jana or Jill demonstrated harp playing way back when. But a very odd instrument to have 2 of. 

What is all the bits of paper on the floor? Sticky notes that fell off the wall?

They had three. They moved a harp to the pool house when the Dullards moved in. Jill's harp was antique (to them), purchased at an auction on the show ages ago. Same harp moved. Those gold harps? Now for show. Who thinks Jana plays now, and even if Jessa/Jinger played, well..... and Joy? She barely learned violin. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, lianau said:

Shhhh.....their brains will explode from the inability to understand that there are Arab Christians and that Arab Christian Palestinians are treated by Israel much as the Muslim Arabs are. If they could comprehend it, they'd probably just say the Arab Christians aren't the right "type" of Christians so they aren't really Christians (you know, like the Catholics in Danger America). Which gives me an idea - the next Dillard mission trip should obviously be to the West Bank. (I kid, but seriously, if you're that worried about saving souls.....)

• Love 4

I think a lot of the Palestinian Christians are Eastern Orthodox and that's as bad or worse than Catholic to Duggar types.  Perhaps the Dillards should visit and see some real persecution.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, awaken said:

SaUSAge. I'm going to make a plaque to hang in my kitchen and post pics of it on twitter and instsgram. God's hidden message about breakfast foods. 

This makes me wish I knew how to needlepoint. 

• Love 9
On 1/1/2017 at 11:40 PM, Absolom said:

I think a lot of the Palestinian Christians are Eastern Orthodox and that's as bad or worse than Catholic to Duggar types.  Perhaps the Dillards should visit and see some real persecution.

So true,  I mean we kiss the icons  when we enter the Church   ( OCA here) , and I cannot even began  to imagine  what  theyou  would say about  some of the hymns  to Mary. Well I can but I prefer  not  to  start  the day with  such  negative  thoughts . 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kirjava said:

He looks pretty comfortable and happy snuggling with her on the couch. Maybe he even chose to "cling" to her and not the other way around.

Maybe he did choose that, but since his succubus is usually permanently suctioned on, it's hard to say for sure.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

That looks like the least festive place one earth.  Is that the TTH? (I don't watch, just come here).  IF so, I thought it was a church rec room.

It's a church wreck room. The Church of JIzm Bob and the Holy Martyr Meeeechelle.

• Love 7

That's a way cute video.  Also, that's a really nice (and clean) house. Wow, it looks like the kind of house that a WORKING couple not a DONATION-BASED couple would have!

If Jill and Derick travel around to friend's houses with a framed photo of themselves and place it on their mantle when they arrive, then I apologize.....

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Derick got a hair cut? That's NOT the same hair he was sporting in the New Years Eve photos and we know he'd be tackling a stand in Jesus for touching his woman. 

This is not a recent picture 

• Love 2