Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

They are expecting a new baby but I don't think Jill is anywhere near ready to be a mom to two young babies, and Derick's bizarre rants seem to suggest that there's something unusually stressful or scary about this pregnancy.  This should be a happy time for them, but all I see are a young couple on the verge of some kind of breakdown.  It's a bit unsettling.

Judging by what I saw in that video, I think Jill is depressed. She basically came out and said she hoped it wasn't the case when Boob mentioned twins, which was odd considering these people are all about pumping out warriors for Jesus. I think Jill is miserable but doesn't know how to dig herself out of the hole. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

did notice that comment from Derek about child molesters being "pure evil." I agree 100% but that sentiment must not go over well at Duggar family gatherings.

Bbbbut, Smuggley has been redeemed...he's no longer in the evil category.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Is anyone familiar with Brother Jed? He's a crack pot evangelist preacher who goes around college campuses screaming at students. I remember seeing him every year when I was in college, just screaming at us that we were all going to hell. He'd bring his wife and daughters with him and they would all stand there while he screamed and got screamed at by college kids. They would all be dressed like the first filming of the Duggars we saw. The daughters were relatively young, I went to school from 95-99, and I remember one of his visits was freezing cold and pouring rain. There were his kids, wearing sandwich boards condemning us to hell, soaked and shivering in the middle of campus. That one got really out of hand and I kept moving back, I thought he was going to be attacked since he was literally condemning us to hell, screaming about abortion, while he had no problem risking the health of his daughters. What's a little pneumonia as long as you can scream at college kids? 

From what I've read here of Derick's new ranting, I can see him going full on Brother Jeb in the very near future. I have no idea how Brother Jed was funded, but it has to be along the same lines of the begging for donations Duggars. I wonder if Derick is familiar with Brother Jed? 

I found this picture of them and it was taken in 1996, not at my college though, this one said Florida. Like I said, i went to school in the late 90's and the kids were in the pouring, freezing rain in Ohio. I saw them every year for 4 years and if I had to guess, the little one was 3ish when she was shivering in the rain, maybe 4 at the most. It always verged on child abuse, but that day I really expected a fight. 

family 1.jpg

What a failure , he only produced girls. That has to be annoying , you see men as better than girls and then all your offspring is female.

Edited by lianau
  • Love 5

When I look at Jill and see how miserable she's been for the last couple of years, all I can think of is Andrea Yates.  Remember her?  She was the Quiverful wife who suffered from Postpartum Depression after the birth of one of her children.  Her doctor advised she and her husband refrain from having more children.  They (or he, more probably) decided they knew better, and she got pregnant again.  She ended up drowning all of her children in a bathtub.  After her conviction, he divorced her and married again right away and went on to having more kids with wife #2.

I truly hope Jill never goes through something like that.

• Love 13

Derrick seems to be angry to me.  As in scary angry.  Granted, no normal person would ever marry into the Duggar family.  Anna is a pathetic doormat, Ben thinks he's the Rev Tim Tom of rap, and Jeremy has chosen to focus on what other men do with their penises instead of worrying about real world problems, but Derrick is the who one who I think is really off the rails.  I'm starting to feel sorry for Jill for living alone with him in Danger America.

Edited by Abmis
forgot a word
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

When I look at Jill and see how miserable she's been for the last couple of years, all I can think of is Andrea Yates.  Remember her?  She was the Quiverful wife who suffered from Postpartum Depression after the birth of one of her children.  Her doctor advised she and her husband refrain from having more children.  They (or he, more probably) decided they knew better, and she got pregnant again.  She ended up drowning all of her children in a bathtub.  After her conviction, he divorced her and married again right away and went on to having more kids with wife #2.

I truly hope Jill never goes through something like that.

I think she might if they ever move away from family.  If they are close to the Duggar compound I am sure Hannie or Jana or both would be sent to go live with her to help/keep an eye on her

Andrea was very isolated and didn't they live in a trailer home at some point with all those kids? I read the case and really believe that the husband should have been charged and sent to prison. He was a sadist.

• Love 7

Everyone still trying to diagnose this couple? Not that long ago we were imagining a Danger America break-in to explain the emotional demise of Jill, only to find out she had been left alone without a babysitting sister/mother-in-law...and a shower curtain fell. I'm guessing they were threatened with a slammed door or car lights left on and a vehicle wouldn't start.

Suspense, will it be twins? A Zika baby?  Watch next season of Counting on.

• Love 4

They (or he, more probably) decided they knew better, and she got pregnant again. 

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that it was him who made the decisions on how many children they would have and she had no say.  I agree he should have been charged with something--at least spousal abuse. 

I hope Derick does not become another Yates, but you never know.  He seems nuttier each passing month.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Abmis said:

Derrick seems to be angry to me.  As in scary angry.  Granted, no normal person would ever marry into the Duggar family.  Anna is a pathetic doormat, Ben thinks he's the Rev Tim Tom of rap, and Jeremy has chosen to focus on what other men do with their penises instead of worrying about real world problems, but Derrick is the who one who I think is really off the rails.  I'm starting to feel sorry for Jill for living alone with him in Danger America.

Bin wishes he were half as cool as Rev. Tim Tom.

Regarding Derick seeming angry - maybe that's the vibe I'm getting from Jill.  She is clingy, yet scared.  Maybe the person she's clinging to the tightest is the thing that scares her the most.  If Derick's Twitter rants are any indication, is it possible that she was terrified of having another baby, but Derick insisted?  And this is her way of trying to keep up appearances and placate him, even though she knows with a woman's intuition that it's not a good idea?  I'm trying to imagine what it must be like to know for your entire life that you, as a female, are expected to marry young and produce as many babies as you can, while knowing deep in your heart that you lack the mothering instinct.

I may be blowing this way out of proportion.  However, I keep remembering the interview Jill and Derick did with Jessa and Bin.  I remember a tearful Jill clinging to Derick, who disconnectedly looked at her like he was looking at a stranger.  Then, it was weird.  Now, it's a bit more alarming.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

I do not think Andrea Yates living in a RV or trailer had anything to do with her killing her children. I know a lot of people who live in a trailer park, and they are some of the nicest people I know. Severe mental illness does not discriminate. A person can be poor, come from the middle class, or have boat loads of money, and he or she can end up being diagnosed with a mental illness. The sad fact is certain people like the Yates and yes, the Duggars, are drawn into certain cults err...religions because they are seeking someone to make them feel better or have someone help them deal with life a certain way. Certain religious leaders prey on people like JB and Rusty Yates because they may be easy to control especially when it comes to mind control.

What I find interesting in the case of Derick and Jill is how they have fallen apart more and more since they went to Central America. Jill was stuck in her teenage girl giggle, giggle stage when Derick came around. I think she had some form of a mental illness, but of course, she and her parents will always be in denial city when it comes to her mental health. Derick did not seem that bad to me when he first arrive on the scene. It was not until Izzy was born, he had his dental surgery,  Josh scandal number one hit the fan, and they went off to Central America when he seem to be going off his mental rails. The sad fact is I can see him leading down the same road Josh is on now. He did not seem to excited in the one video when the big second kid is coming announcement was made. He look like he was barely holding on from exploding. The one episode from last season where they were interviewing the older kids and the couples, a person could see the same look he had in the video. It scared me when Izzy came into the room and Jill and Derick were like get the kid away from me while Jessa and Ben were happy and excited to see Spurgeon. He is not happy being home with the in-laws, and I do not think the marriage is as strong as they are trying to pretend it is.

I think that yogi mentioned that they lived in a trailer to show how that may have exacerbated Andrea Yates'  condition. If she was feeling overwhelmed and literally had no space to herself, that couldn't have helped. I feel like we've had similar conversations about Michelle in the house from the pre-TLC days. 

On topic: I had forgotten how obnoxious Derick is on Twitter. Smug and angry isn't going to make new friends or converts.

• Love 6

The sad fact is a person with a severe mental illness can be scared and overwhelmed living in a nice big house or a smaller space. Michelle is still dealing with her own mental health issues while living in bigger house now, and Andrea Yates was living in a bigger house when she killed her children. Jill is dealing with her own issues, and Derick is off his rocker big time. Neither one can or will get the help they need, but lets keep having more children. Derick may turn out to be Josh Smugger the Second, and Jill is turning into Michelle the Sequel. And once again, the sad fact is their children will pay the price. A third generation of Duggars who will be damaged due to their parents' mistakes and denial.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Andrea Yates living in a RV or trailer had anything to do with her killing her children. I know a lot of people who live in a trailer park, and they are some of the nicest people I know. Severe mental illness does not discriminate. A person can be poor, come from the middle class, or have boat loads of money, and he or she can end up being diagnosed with a mental illness. The sad fact is certain people like the Yates and yes, the Duggars, are drawn into certain cults err...religions because they are seeking someone to make them feel better or have someone help them deal with life a certain way. Certain religious leaders prey on people like JB and Rusty Yates because they may be easy to control especially when it comes to mind control.

I meant that having so many children in a small space probably did not help anything since she was already mentally ill, along with the isolation ( no neighbors, people to come over to help ect). Nothing to do with money. I agree you can be overwhelmed in any situation but it could be possible that the living conditions made things worse for her. 

And I don't think its going to take Jill more than 2 kids to have her laundry room breakdown. Poor girl is nearly there already. I am really glad she is home with her family ( never thought I would say that!!!!)

• Love 4

Pure speculation, but considering all of Derick's abortion rants, and both of their lackluster enthusiasm over baby #2, I wonder if they were advised by a doctor, or doctors, to abort a problem fetus. I suppose it's too soon, unless, perhaps, one or both tested positive for Zika.

• Love 6

I agree you can be overwhelmed in any situation but it could be possible that the living conditions made things worse for her. 

I agree.  Several people crammed on top of each other in a tiny trailer 24-7 sure didn't help Andrea to cope.

• Love 2

Jill was very unstable but living in the Duggar compound with 20+ people covered her issues and gave her the support that she needed. She had minimal responsibilities and spent her time curling her hair, taking some "midwife" classes and taking care of Jenny or Jordyn or whoever.    In CA, alone and with a small child. Jill just began to unravel.  

That exposure about Josh affected her more deeply than she admits to herself.  I think she was traumatized all over again.  I feel very, very badly for her.  I really do.  I feel Jill really snapped with that situation.  

I think Derick was always troubled.  He picked a solid career and then floated off to Nepal to do God stuff that doesn't really make much sense.  He hooked up with Jim Bob as a prayer partner which is questionable. We all know the rest... 

If I were to be seated at a wedding with the Duggars, I would not want to sit near Jim Bob, Derick or Josh (obviously).  I think Derick is an ass.  

• Love 11

Postpartum doesn't discriminate between rich and poor.  I'm willing to bet if Andrea Yates had always lived in mansions she still would have gone off her rocker and killed those poor children because of hormonal inbalances.  If she lived in 3,000 square feet, but didn't get the medical/mental help she needed, she was still doomed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

That exposure about Josh affected her more deeply than she admits to herself.  I think she was traumatized all over again.  I feel very, very badly for her.  I really do.  I feel Jill really snapped with that situation.  

I feel horribly for Jill with regards to Joshgate. To have your personal trauma splashed all over the tabloids was just wrong. The police report should never have been made public. Even with the redacted names, any idiot could put two and two together and figure out who the victims were. And then to have to go on national TV and defend your pig of a brother while he hides out in Jesus Jail? I would've snapped a long time time ago. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

And I don't think its going to take Jill more than 2 kids to have her laundry room breakdown. Poor girl is nearly there already. I am really glad she is home with her family ( never thought I would say that!!!!)

Agreed 100%. I think Jill feels weak, unstable, and trapped, and this time she is self-aware enough to know it. She may be done living in denial, but has to pretend everything is fine. 

I bet she couldn't wait to return home at last, only to find out that things were really different. Arkansas was probably associated with the TTH in her mind, but to her surprise, she's really not spending that much time there or seeing her family on a daily basis. She's still living in a house with Derick and Izzy, and might be scared of Derick, or at least his transformation. Maybe she thought when they came back, he would morph into the good old accountant Derick from the McMansion, but unfortunately is going the other way. 

I bet she would bounce back to physical and mental health if she could just undo this whole thing and move back into the girls' room, but that is not a possibility. She realizes all this now, and feels trapped and unsupported. 

Remember when Jessa and Ben announced their second child? They laughed about the challenges and seemed united as a couple. Jill and Derick do not, and it will be interesting to see their attitude towards this second baby. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Andrea Yates living in a RV or trailer had anything to do with her killing her children.  

He look like he was barely holding on from exploding. The one episode from last season where they were interviewing the older kids and the couples, a person could see the same look he had in the video. 

Rusty Yates commanded that his ex-wife and children should be a "portable family". He sold their home and most of Andrea's household possessions, moved them into a school bus, and couldn't understand why the mental illness her doctors informed him she had continued to worsen as a result as she spent her days dealing with five small kids in an untenable situation. Andrea also had untreated thyroid disease. The ugly little secret of untreated hypothyroidism is that it can lead to psychosis. There's a lot of undiagnosed thyroid disease in this country.

Triple D's feet don't touch the ground and never will. He knew before they were married that Jilly Muffin didn't have the education to apply for the missions program in his denomination. Instead of staying in a good job and getting a secure financial base for his family before chasing his dreams of "overseas ministry", he chose to leave his job for whatever reason, live in a "free" house via his father-in-law, grift from reality show fans via a ridiculously overblown wedding registry, and have a baby ten months after the wedding. Instead of hiring a tutor with the money they were paid for their People spread and various other "exclusives", spending a couple of years finishing up his MDiv and the prerequisites his wife needed to take the required number of credit hours for that discipline, he seemed to believe he could BS the Christian world into believing he was some kind of crusader via claiming to have a "commission" that didn't happen and missioncationing in Danger America. Instead of being truthful about their future plans, it's all about "we're taking classes" and announcing yet another pregnancy with social media postings that anyone actually happy about the impending birth wouldn't consider making. 

One has to wonder if he's now gunning for Joshley Madison's former job. I wish I was kidding. With his comments on social media over the past few days, they either got an epic smackdown from an actual MD for getting pregnant less than six months removed from their adventures in Zikaland or he's attempting to come to the attention of Tony Perkins and his little friends.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I've never quite understood these pregnancy announcements. Here's how they went in my family: "So we are going to have a baby!" Many awwwss and questions when we were due. Yay. Ok everyone grab a plate let's eat. Boom....1-2 min at best. No Facebook posts, no videos...just a simple yay and that's it. I don't feel slighted. In fact would everyone busted out in applause and videos I would have asked WTH is wrong with you?

Yep. A LOT of super special snowflakes out there nowadays.

• Love 4

@Missy Vixen  Untreated thyroid disorders can be dangerous physically and mentally. The endocrinologist I see for my hypothyroidism told me he talked to people who ended up in mental hospitals because their symptoms got so severe. I know I had some bouts of panic attacks and anxiety to the point I was bouncing off the walls at times. I do not understand why someone's husband does not want their wife to get the best medical treatment possible. It is a sad scary example of how certain religions get ahold of someone's mental wellbeing and twisting it around to get rid of the evilness in someone, and you will cure them. *cough* Duggars *cough*

I would not be surprise if Michelle, Jill or even Derick had some form of thyroid disorder. It can be treated, and a person can have a healthy happy life while living with a thyroid disorder. I personally think they enjoy playing the religious martyr by playing the ole poor, poor me because evilness took over, but I am beating the Devil at his own game. The trouble is the Duggars are losing the game and are too blind, naïve, or ignorant to see it.

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Regarding Derick seeming angry - maybe that's the vibe I'm getting from Jill.  She is clingy, yet scared.  Maybe the person she's clinging to the tightest is the thing that scares her the most.  If Derick's Twitter rants are any indication, is it possible that she was terrified of having another baby, but Derick insisted?  And this is her way of trying to keep up appearances and placate him, even though she knows with a woman's intuition that it's not a good idea?  I'm trying to imagine what it must be like to know for your entire life that you, as a female, are expected to marry young and produce as many babies as you can, while knowing deep in your heart that you lack the mothering instinct.

I may be blowing this way out of proportion.  However, I keep remembering the interview Jill and Derick did with Jessa and Bin.  I remember a tearful Jill clinging to Derick, who disconnectedly looked at her like he was looking at a stranger.  Then, it was weird.  Now, it's a bit more alarming.

I have a different take on Derick's surly attitude - maybe he truly doesn't want the dog-and-pony show of Duggar life, but Jill very much wants it, and her parents and family want the Dullards to be part of it, and Derick is pissed because his wishes are being ignored. Couple that with his possibly botched jaw surgery - which perhaps wasn't even his idea to have in the first place. 

I think Jill absolutely wants another baby. Remember when they were interviewed in the restaurant in CA, when they had their little hotel getaway - she said their plans for the new year was to have another baby. In her mind, due to her upbringing, another baby means blessings and gifts from God. But perhaps Derick really doesn't want another baby yet. He sees that Jill isn't particularly warm towards Iz and that her motives are screwy. And he knows it's her wacky parents that are to blame. So he's angry and frustrated, and maybe sick or in pain.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I've never quite understood these pregnancy announcements. Here's how they went in my family: "So we are going to have a baby!" Many awwwss and questions when we were due. Yay. Ok everyone grab a plate let's eat. Boom....1-2 min at best. No Facebook posts, no videos...just a simple yay and that's it. I don't feel slighted. In fact would everyone busted out in applause and videos I would have asked WTH is wrong with you?

Apparently you're among the many of us who haven't birthed the future five-star generals of God's End Times Army.  ; )

The Duggs, on the other hand ....

• Love 5

I didn't know about the six month rule for men returning to the States after being in Zika infected areas. I think Derick's anti-abortion rants are a giant middle finger to anyone who criticizes them for conceiving when there's still risk of having a Zika baby. Like "Fuck you, we're having this baby no matter what afflictions it may have acquired [due to our stupidity]." 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, lianau said:

What a failure , he only produced girls. That has to be annoying , you see men as better than girls and then all your offspring is female.

More bearers of tampon trees for their ministry. That was truly the most mind blowing, disgusting spectacles I've ever seen in my life! Disturbing...11kinds of wrong.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I agree.  Several people crammed on top of each other in a tiny trailer 24-7 sure didn't help Andrea to cope.

I agree.  Apparently, Andrea also home-schooled, and home-churched the children, as well as cared for a dying family member.  At the time she killed her children, she was never alone with them.  Rusty wanted to challenge her and make her have a little responsibility, so he told his mother to arrive a little later after he left for work.  The MIL had arrived previously and found a bathtub filled with water, and Andrea unable to explain it.  It's not like you need a rocket scientist to figure out the danger - oh wait.

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:28 PM, fuzzylollipop said:

Derelict and Jill look about as excited as teenagers having a whoopsy baby after the condom breaks. Dim Bulb and Mullet really need to quit those awkward videos, it's just painful to watch at this point, even Israel seems over it. But Derelict especially looked off, almost like he was pissed and forced to be there. Oh to be a fly on that wall. 

I enjoyed Izzy looking at Michelle like he thought she was crazy.  A commenter at that link stated about Michelle:  she has the eyes of a demon, and the voice of satan.  It kind of made me laugh.

• Love 7
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:30 AM, yogi2014L said:

This tweet made me LOL 

"@jillmdillard I will always support murder ?"

ahaha. Poor Jilly prolly thought it was satan himself :-P

And yeah. SHUT UP JILL. 

Why is Derick on this abortion shtick? It seems new. Guess he's been sufficiently brainwashed.  Why can't these fundies be soooo passionate about something important. Like clean water. Or education. Food for the hungry. If all this effort went into educating and feeding the millions of needy already here, abortion rates ( legal and illegal) would probably go down as a result. 

My favorite response to the tweet: 

"@jillmdillard 21 days, when the horrors of the rape that caused the pregnancy are still raw...gift that keeps on giving, huh? #9monthsofhell"

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree.  Apparently, Andrea also home-schooled, and home-churched the children, as well as cared for a dying family member.  At the time she killed her children, she was never alone with them.  Rusty wanted to challenge her and make her have a little responsibility, so he told his mother to arrive a little later after he left for work.  The MIL had arrived previously and found a bathtub filled with water, and Andrea unable to explain it.  It's not like you need a rocket scientist to figure out the danger - oh wait.

Actually, they had just moved into that house after living for years in a converted school bus...home schooling and all alone with kids.  Anyone would have snapped. I am very familiar with this story because I live in the Houston area and we probably got more details and local coverage. She was sentenced to life in prison until her sentence was appealed and she was sent to the state hospital instead. She's likely never getting out. She was valedictorian of her high school class, and a top performer as a nurse at MD Anderson Cancer Hospital before she married Rusty. Her high intelligence must have caused the jury to believe she had some culpability and knew what she was doing. You only had to take one look at her to see she was well and truly sick. Only in Texas do they do this to the mentally ill.

Looking at Muffy and Manbun, I'm not sure which one is going to lose their shit first, but sooner rather than later so they can get it over with in one fell swoop and get proper treatment. Arkansas is likely 50/50 when it comes to mental health resources. I just want them to get help before something really bad happens to one or both of them.  

• Love 10

There's postpartum depression and postpartum depression with psychotic features. What Andrea Yates experienced is a far cry from what Jill may have experienced. And from what I understood Andrea Yates' husband supported mental health help for his wife, and Andrea was not compliant with her medications. Andrea's psychosis did have religious component to it, which can happen to people of all faiths as well as folks who are not religious. And as @bigskygirl stated mental illness is an equal opportunity illness. 

Jill still may show some signs of depression or maybe now she is showing signs of living an adult life that she was unprepared for. Derick is showing signs of being a self-righteous jerk. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There's postpartum depression and postpartum depression with psychotic features. What Andrea Yates experienced is a far cry from what Jill may have experienced. And from what I understood Andrea Yates' husband supported mental health help for his wife, and Andrea was not compliant with her medications. Andrea's psychosis did have religious component to it, which can happen to people of all faiths as well as folks who are not religious. And as @bigskygirl stated mental illness is an equal opportunity illness. 

Jill still may show some signs of depression or maybe now she is showing signs of living an adult life that she was unprepared for. Derick is showing signs of being a self-righteous jerk. 

One good thing about Rusty Yates (who should be locked up for life too IMO) is that he had a real job with medical insurance. Derick, on the other hand, quit a respectable job to become a Duggar Grifter. He and Jill now sit around on the family compound writing occasional social media rants. Derick chose to be a slug. I don't feel sorry for him. Jill was raised to be useless, so she's fulfilling her legacy. Things are not going to end well for those two, I fear. 

• Love 20
50 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

One good thing about Rusty Yates (who should be locked up for life too IMO) is that he had a real job with medical insurance. Derick, on the other hand, quit a respectable job to become a Duggar Grifter. He and Jill now sit around on the family compound writing occasional social media rants. Derick chose to be a slug. I don't feel sorry for him. Jill was raised to be useless, so she's fulfilling her legacy. Things are not going to end well for those two, I fear. 

Things aren't going to end well for any Duggar at all, if you ask me. And especially the ones that are married with children or soon-forthcoming children. It'll take longer with some. But I don't see anybody with a chance for a good outcome. Jessa and Bin, for example. Well, some day the money will run out. And what then?

If I didn't feel so sorry for the Duggar kids and grandchildren, I'd say this is perfect retribution for Jim Bob and Michelle. Karma. Anything you like. This is precisely what they've sown. With trumpeting self-righteous arrogance all the way. And so shall they reap. I only wish they were the ones who'd get the lion's share of the actual suffering. As it is, of course, they're getting the least of it. Blows to their massive egos, mostly, and they deserve a hell of a lot more blowback than that.

Not sure how sorry I feel for any of the spouses. So far every one has married into the family with some kind of famewhore dream, which was not only stupid but craven. I do feel a little sorry, since they're all dumbasses, and you have to feel a little sorry for people who make horrible decisions largely because they're fools. Nevertheless, they're all famegreedy fools. So I'm 50-50 with feeling a bit sorry for their dumb asses and feeling they'll all get exactly what they deserve when things eventually go to hell.

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Things aren't going to end well for any Duggar at all, if you ask me. And especially the ones that are married with children or soon-forthcoming children. It'll take longer with some. But I don't see anybody with a chance for a good outcome. Jessa and Bin, for example. Well, some day the money will run out. And what then?

If I didn't feel so sorry for the Duggar kids and grandchildren, I'd say this is perfect retribution for Jim Bob and Michelle. Karma. Anything you like. This is precisely what they've sown. With trumpeting self-righteous arrogance all the way. And so shall they reap. I only wish they were the ones who'd get the lion's share of the actual suffering. As it is, of course, they're getting the least of it. Blows to their massive egos, mostly, and they deserve a hell of a lot more blowback than that.

Not sure how sorry I feel for any of the spouses. So far every one has married into the family with some kind of famewhore dream, which was not only stupid but craven. I do feel a little sorry, since they're all dumbasses, and you have to feel a little sorry for people who make horrible decisions largely because they're fools. Nevertheless, they're all famegreedy fools. So I'm 50-50 with feeling a bit sorry for their dumb asses and feeling they'll all get exactly what they deserve when things eventually go to hell.

I don't feel on iota of sympathy for the men who married into the family. Derick, Jeremy and Ben are grown ass adults who if they were sane would have ran in the opposite direction. If they WANT to escape the cult they can- they have enough real world experience to know how to function.

I feel bad for the Duggar kids, especially the Daughters who have kids. And Anna. Women have no choices in this family. They intentionally kept their girls helpless and uneducated- and now barefoot and pregnant to tie them to the cult. Even if Jill or Jessa wanted to escape, it would be damn near impossible for them.  Its either get married so you get your own damn space for once and can have sex OR be nearing 30 and still caring for Josie ala Jana Duggar. 

Jeremy seems to be the only one who might actually pull away, but only time will tell. IF he opens a church in AR, we know we will have lost him. Maybe Jessa setting up Jinger with Jeremy is really part of a bigger plot for them to run away LOL. 

Its clear that Derick and Jill are lost causes.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 20

Derick is lazy. He is like 28?  WTF does this guy do all day? 

Jim Bob is a jerk but by the time he was Derick's age, he was working every day with his towing company, used cars, real estate etc. You gotta wonder if Jim Bob knows Derick is useless. 

• Love 11

Arkansas, in my experience, is where they let the 20 somethings languish with obvious drug and mental health issues and CPS ignores the problems it's causing their children, but they put 88 year old nursing home patients on the psych ward because they express a wish for death to end their suffering.  I don't think we can expect a lot of compassion, action, or even notice. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Derick is lazy. He is like 28?  WTF does this guy do all day? 

Jim Bob is a jerk but by the time he was Derick's age, he was working every day with his towing company, used cars, real estate etc. You gotta wonder if Jim Bob knows Derick is useless. 

One would assume that with Jim Bob's (former) work ethic, he would be disgusted with Ben and Derrick, but I think he actually prefers it because of the control it gives him. Plus, he is pathologically obsessed with his sons and the men his daughters marry being preachers. He's always been consistent in that, so the fact that his sons-in-law refuse to do any physical work is mitigated by their talk of ministry, etc. JB is probably thrilled with Derick's twitter rants.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

One would assume that with Jim Bob's (former) work ethic, he would be disgusted with Ben and Derrick, but I think he actually prefers it because of the control it gives him. Plus, he is pathologically obsessed with his sons and the men his daughters marry being preachers. He's always been consistent in that, so the fact that his sons-in-law refuse to do any physical work is mitigated by their talk of ministry, etc. JB is probably thrilled with Derick's twitter rants.

That is true.  Derick depending on Jim Bob for housing must THRILL Jim Bob.

So much for Michelle's talking head form many years ago  "leave and cleave, buddy".  (referring to Josh)  Boy, did that turn out opposite

• Love 6

The problem is that the Duggars are being sold to us as a family when, in fact, they are a cult. We can't expect normal family behaviors. None of the children and their spouses will get out unscathed as long as JimBoob is alive and in charge. After he's gone, the web might untangle.

• Love 14