Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The problem is that the Duggars are being sold to us as a family when, in fact, they are a cult. We can't expect normal family behaviors. None of the children and their spouses will get out unscathed as long as JimBoob is alive and in charge. After he's gone, the web might untangle.

This is an interesting point. Not only are the Duggars part of a cult (Gothardism), but the family is large enough and insular enough to qualify as a sub-cult of their own. Those kids aren't growing up in a house, they are growing up in a cult compound.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

More bearers of tampon trees for their ministry. That was truly the most mind blowing, disgusting spectacles I've ever seen in my life! Disturbing...11kinds of wrong.

Christmas carols at Brother Jed and Sister Cindy's

O Tampon Tree 

O Tampon Tree

How we love you, Tampon Tree

I'll see myself out....

• Love 7

Why is Israel allowed to stand on a table?  He is adorable, laughing so hard at his doltish parents homage to themselves that he almost fell over.  And on to the floor while Jill continues to video him, a la Moochelle and the kid who fell into the orchestra pit.   

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Christmas carols at Brother Jed and Sister Cindy's

O Tampon Tree 

O Tampon Tree

How we love you, Tampon Tree

I'll see myself out....

I clicked on the link about Sister Cindy. Now I have nightmares of that deranged woman screaming. I hate you guys for bringing such evil to our eyes. lol

• Love 2
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That mantle drawing.

Are all the families required to build an idol to their relationship on the fireplace once they get married?

Yes, that does seem to be one of the requirements!

4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I clicked on the link about Sister Cindy. Now I have nightmares of that deranged woman screaming. I hate you guys for bringing such evil to our eyes. lol

Trust me, until you see the craziness in person, you don't even understand what it really looks like. I remember Sister Cindy being there, but I don't remember her screaming too. Maybe she kept her craziness in check until the daughters were grown or at least were in double digits. As messed up as the Duggars had it growing up, I guess we should be grateful they didn't grow up touring college campuses standing there while their parents screamed and getting screamed back at. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

All I can think of is how unfair it is that Jana decorated this house and doesn't get to enjoy it herself. 

Yes, and that's a helluva nice house for a couple who don't even have a job.  Grifters.

• Love 11

If it's any consolation, Sister Cindy makes the tampon blood in her kitchen from a recipe. I read that on her wiki page or something. I think she's very proud of her culinary skills to create a food-colored prop that she can wave in people's faces and make them squeal in disgust. I bet every week or so Vampira Cindy calls the young'uns into the kitchen to whip up a big ole batch of tampon blood to go chase after those  sinful college kids. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MischaMouse said:

I see this a lot. They DO have a job--TLC. 

Yes, and many of us contribute to them having this job.  I may have to quit watching.  I've about reached my limit on this culture which I have a sinking feeling is going to have more and more influence in the next few years.

• Love 9

Dear Derick,

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”.

Love,

See Sumi via Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Taking the discussion of succession to the Sweet Fellowship thread.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Malvina said:

look how big his ring is on him! Crazy!

ive noticed this with Jill and now really with Derick, but how do people so young have such massive crows feet?

Edited by ms.o
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ms.o said:

look how big his ring is on him! Crazy!

ive noticed this with Jill and now really with Derick, but how do people so young have such massive crows feet?

They probably don't wear sunglasses and squint alot!

31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They probably don't wear sunglasses and squint alot!

They squint, and they worry about God striking them for something wrong they've probably done but just don't know for sure. Jill will get wrinkles from her contorted selfie faces too. Lose-lose. 

I don't remember seeing it. I think I'd remember the sanctimonious Derick Dullard allowing secular lyrics on his holy Giant White Baby, especially in Danger America. 

Of course, I could have missed it. As I said above, I think they interpret the lyrics in the context of Jesus, not the song, which Ben and/or Derick MAY have heard before entering the masoleum of limited music that's acceptable in Duggarville.

eta: Dog help me, I just looked through both Dullards' Instagrams looking for the onesie. I didn't find it, but I did find this gem: 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
On December 24, 2016 at 0:38 AM, MischaMouse said:

I see this a lot. They DO have a job--TLC. 

I think it bothers me because technically TLC pays their bills, but they're so young and plan to have a huge family. They should be doing something to make sure they are able to pay their bills in the future! It doesn't bother me that Michelle, for instance, doesn't have a job, because she is likely set for life, or at least until her kids leave the house. With Derick and Jill able to possibly have 10+ more kids, and certainly no more than 2-3 years left in the show, it worries me that they aren't considering the future at all, only because they are lazy. Even JB continued his businesses after the show began, even though they're not traditional nine to five jobs. He wanted to maximize his income and opportunities, but Derick has none of that drive. It would be in his best interest to build his career now, because plenty of people his age with young kids work, and they are getting ahead. 

It has occurred to me that maybe the younger generation doesn't understand that most shows don't last a lifetime. Besides soaps, it's rare to go 10+ years. I think the rest of us understand because we grew up watching tv, but maybe the younger Duggars have no frame of reference and think the gravy train is eternal. 

• Love 8

I just read an article where jill said she went through an economy size box of pregnancy tests...did she take one monthly? Does she not understand the basics of getting pregnant and when the test will show? Why could she not wait until a missed period? So much stupidity... 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

I just read an article where jill said she went through an economy size box of pregnancy tests...did she take one monthly? Does she not understand the basics of getting pregnant and when the test will show? Why could she not wait until a missed period? So much stupidity... 

I know ridiculous. Yet I work with some very intelligent woman and they do the same thing. Back in the day pregnancy tests weren't sophisticated enough to detect 7 day old pregnancies. I think most tests could detect pregnancy at around 4 weeks, and MDs advised waiting at least 2 weeks after missing you period. before coming in for a pregnancy test.

Edited by GeeGolly

There's a picture of Izzy with Grandma Cathy on Lily & Ellie's Duggar site.  Cathy is wearing an apron that says "Santa Grandma" at the top with a picture of Santa.  How did this pass her son's approval?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

She has fused her worth and value into the amount of children she births.  If she's not pregnant, she wants to be pregnant.

• Love 2
On 12/23/2016 at 10:38 AM, cmr2014 said:

Remember a couple of years ago when Derick gave us some hope? He was college educated! He traveled! He had a job! He had ambitions to do something other than breed and loll around the TTH!

Derick is far more revolting to me than Jill because he had options -- and this is what he has chosen.

The family is much more depressing to me now than it was back then. Josh and Anna were living in DC and showing some tiny signs of independence and appeared to -- possibly -- be considering spacing their children. Jill was going to marry a college educated man, finish her midwife training, and travel the world as a missionary. Jessa was planning to marry a dolt, but was showing signs of independence and a desire to simply get away from the TTH. 

Now, Josh is in disgrace and it doesn't seem possible that he will ever stray from the TTH again. Jill, Jessa, and Jinger have all married indolent, lazy fame-whores. Joy has already been sold off. The older boys are clearly suffering from years of isolation and unable to form any relationships. And while Jana isn't married an pumping out babies at an alarming rate, she's shown no sign of interest in life outside of the TTH.

This is all so true. About the marry-in people, though, I wonder how it might be different if any of them came from backgrounds where divorce was thinkable. I mean, yeah, they did choose this. And they absolutely shouldn't have. But except for Jeremy, the other three chose it in some kind of blind idiocy. All three were kind of desperate -- Anna by her Gothard marry-quick-or-die upbringing, Derick by his awkwardness that probably kept him thinking he couldn't get a girl at all till he found the Jim Bob road to getting a Duggar, and Bin by being a naive teenager in lust. And of course once they started the ball rolling, and were accepted as adequate by Jim Bob, they were rushed through the process with no time to think or even actually meet their gonna-be spouses adequately, and with the imperative of getting-everything-done-for-the-filming. It was a rush job with tv as the gun pointed at them, in a way. Hard to see how many average dimwits (with a bit of famewhore in them, but then most people do like fame...) could withstand that, slow down, and say -- Let me think this over a bit more.

Then, once they were in, even though the guys weren't Gothard, I think they probably still had very very strong belief and indoctrination that marriage was for keeps. And once they're married for keeps into this family, I don't think you have much chance of actually changing things, since you're dealing with a spouse who's utterly programmed, stubborn as all hell, and surrounded by an army of people constantly on the alert to squelch incursions or defections instantly.

I mean, it's all very well for us to say that Anna should leave with her kids and Derick should have forced Jill to accept a more normal life with him in an office or as a permanent actual missionary somewhere. And that Bin should do ... something.... But really their only clout would be the threat to leave, and not only would they be arguing with people who absolutely would not leave with them, even in any symbolic sense, but the marry-ins are all convinced that God hates divorce in all cases, too.

So I guess I can kind of blame these dimwits for succumbing utterly to the Duggar way. But given the people they are, I have a hard time seeing what they ever could possibly have done differently once they'd fallen into this tunnel. The Duggar way is a juggernaut and you'd have to be strong, smart, thoughtful and willing to pull the trigger on divorce to have even a mild shot of getting a saner life out of it. And even then, I expect you'd end up leaving alone. I wonder how many times divorce has crossed any of their minds since the marriages. I wonder what's going on in Anna's head now. And whether any of this is playing into whatever is going on with Derick currently.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

There's a picture of Izzy with Grandma Cathy on Lily & Ellie's Duggar site.  Cathy is wearing an apron that says "Santa Grandma" at the top with a picture of Santa.  How did this pass her son's approval?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

So I guess I can kind of blame these dimwits for succumbing utterly to the Duggar way. But given the people they are, I have a hard time seeing what they ever could possibly have done differently once they'd fallen into this tunnel. The Duggar way is a juggernaut and you'd have to be strong, smart, thoughtful and willing to pull the trigger on divorce to have even a mild shot of getting a saner life out of it. And even then, I expect you'd end up leaving alone. I wonder how many times divorce has crossed any of their minds since the marriages. I wonder what's going on in Anna's head now. And whether any of this is playing into whatever is going on with Derick currently.

I agree.  True, many of us thought that Derrik was strong, smart, and thoughtful; but I don't know if he went in thinking he'd divorce if necessary.  Now he's just another train wreck.

As for the rest, Anna was raised to submit and accept the blame for anything that went wrong, no matter what.  Josh will have to leave her, and even then I think she'll stay in the Duggar bubble.  Ben was a baby and might grow up and out, but it's a long shot at this point.

Jeremy is an unknown right now.  He has a lot of life experience and a strong bond with his very un-Duggar family, but he still married in with more knowledge than the others had.  His motivations are still unclear.  He wasn't raised in the crazy like Anna, he didn't fumble into it like Derrik, and he wasn't given a push by his own father like Ben. 

We were given a vague and implausible story about becoming friends with Ben, which led to courting Jinger (and some other story about him meeting Jinger earlier on a mission trip).  The only thing we can see is a strong attraction between he and Jinger, and Jeremy's willingness to push back on JB. 

I admit I've enjoyed every report and video of Jeremy pushing the limits.  Watching JB fumble about trying to set rules that Jeremy either ignored or reduced is comedy gold.  I get the impression that the only reason Jeremy even went along as much as he did was because Jinger herself wasn't willing to completely throw all the restrictions aside.  Frankly, I saw a lot of the courtship as a tug-o-war between the two men with Jinger caught in between.  I'm glad it didn't go on too long before Jeremy walked off with the prize.

Now we'll see if the contest continues.  Will Jeremy and Jinger continue to stay in Laredo doing their own thing, or will JB find a way to draw them back to AR?  JB's building something that looks a lot like a church.  It'll need a pastor.  Ben's too green yet, Derrik's not looking good.  Maybe Jeremy would like to step out of a junior pastor roll and become the lead? 

There's also the Duggar family tradition to see how quickly a new couple can become parents.  Is Jinger frantically trying to get pregnant while Jeremy is trying to hold off?  Is he OK with a quick start on having kids, or is he wearing condoms or advocating NFP?  When they do announce their first pregnancy, will Jinger be hounded to give birth at home with a camera crew present, or will she be allowed to make her own decisions?  She might prefer prenatal care and a hospital birth with only her husband by her side.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a case where Jinger is constantly stuck between the two most important men in her life as they try to score points off of each other in the name of the Lord.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

I would be bet she's peeing on a stick the morning after every time they do the deed.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

I remember an episode where Josh was saying that Anna wanted to get pregnant and he finally agreed to allow her to get out the pregnancy tests again. It's as if they believe that pregnancy tests have some sort of magic and that peeing on sticks will somehow aid the process.

They are simply sad, ignorant people who actively choose to remain ignorant about even the most basic things in life. If you don't want to educate you children about reproduction before marriage, what is the excuse for not providing information after marriage? None of these women is posessed of even the most basic information that could be found in a pamphlet in the OB/GYN's office.

• Love 8

I wish Derick would gain some self respect just by doing something small, like getting how Walmart job back and moving into a house across town that he paid for. Sure, he may feel helpless to make huge changes, but how could JB possibly quarrel with something like that? The only reason he doesn't try to change his situation is because he's lazy, and that's why I've lost all respect for him. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

For all their humble bragging God-bothering ways, they certainly don't seem to practice anything they post.

Derick loves to post about humility and sloth...he's arrogant and lazy.

i realize TLC is their "job"... I don't so much snark on that as their grifting ways for their pretend mission and their wedding gift grab.

• Love 5

Remember when everyone thought Derick would be grossed out by Jill's, er, lax hygiene habits (not bathing every day, no personal undies, etc)? Good times.

I think the divorces will come once the fame and dries up. There will be divorces. All of which could've been prevented by letting these poor kids have a little bf/gf in middle school.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Remember when everyone thought Derick would be grossed out by Jill's, er, lax hygiene habits (not bathing every day, no personal undies, etc)? Good times.

I think the divorces will come once the fame and dries up. There will be divorces. All of which could've been prevented by letting these poor kids have a little bf/gf in middle school.

I think so, too. It's very easy to be 100% certain the divorce is evil and marriage is a commitment to God when you're talking about other people, but it's a lot harder when you live with someone you dislike (and who dislikes you) and are completely smothered by that person -- and their HUGE family -- 24/7.

• Love 9