Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, graefin said:

More mindless yaying from Jill and a "beep beep" (?) from a constipated-looking Derick while they're at a Razorbacks game:

Derick looks drunk. What was the beep beep about?

• Love 9
On 2/5/2019 at 5:47 AM, kokapetl said:

I imagine something like this happens everyday in Jill’s house.

The big difference, though, is that the mother taking this video stopped videotaping immediately when her child seemed to be hurt and upset. 

The gross-looking snacks and random box on the kitchen floor seemed very Dillardesque, though.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, graefin said:

More mindless yaying from Jill and a "beep beep" (?) from a constipated-looking Derick while they're at a Razorbacks game:

Was this a recent game?

If so, shouldn't Dillweed be studying instead?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, graefin said:

Really, Jill's Yays were over the top, even for Jill.  Lots of empty seats up there.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, louannems said:

Really, Jill's Yays were over the top, even for Jill.  Lots of empty seats up there.

the fans must have known they would be there. 

25 minutes ago, louannems said:

the fans must have known they would be there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I think Derrick was indicating he wanted Jill to move so he could get out of the row, With such magnetic personalities and camera awareness it is truly a shock these two are no longer on reality television.

Derick did seem annoyed, I wonder what he was wanting with his "beep beep." Jill replied something like, "No, your shirt will work," and then she seemed a bit annoyed. Weird. 

Jessa's videos are better because she doesn't talk much, if at all.  She lets the visuals speak for themselves. We viewers could tell that Iz and Sam were excited by their faces and actions; Jill didn't need to say anything. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jessa's videos are better because she doesn't talk much, if at all.  She lets the visuals speak for themselves. 

And also because they don't feature Jilly Muffin and Dillweed.

• Love 17

Judging by this video I think Jill is now the same bossypants around Derrick as she used to be around her siblings. Honeymoon phase is decidedly over. She seems annoyed by him; he seems annoyed and slightly cowed by her. And wtf is with all the yays?

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

11 hours ago, graefin said:

Was this a recent game?

If so, shouldn't Dillweed be studying instead?

Can’t be too recent. The college football season ended a month ago and Arkansas wasn’t a good team. They probably finished  in late November/early December. Or is this a basketball game? Idk—I don’t have the desire to find the video. Maybe it was over winter break. 

Edited by Lukeysboat

I believe the game was in December. The video is dated December, but was posted yesterday. Jill is VERY busy, and has fallen behind with her  posts! December’s blog was posted at the end of January. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

Personally, I get the impression that Derick and Jill don't really like each other. You can love someone, but not like them and you can like someone and not love them.

These two interacted in this video with each other like they had an argument before going to this event. Jill can be a bitch and Derick can be quite sarcastic. Yeah, a great 'so much in love' couple.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Personally, I get the impression that Derick and Jill don't really like each other. You can love someone, but not like them and you can like someone and not love them.

These two interacted in this video with each other like they had an argument before going to this event. Jill can be a bitch and Derick can be quite sarcastic. Yeah, a great 'so much in love' couple.

I don't even know if Derick and Jill love each other.  I feel like they realize they are "stuck" with each other because they had to hurry up and get married in order to get to spend time together alone and now there's no way out. Didn't they have the covenant marriage?  You know all of this has to affect Izzy and Sam.

As far as the like/love comment.  After I grew up my mom made a comment about my teenage years. She said, "I always loved you, but there were lots of times I didn't like you." 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 15

I have to wonder what Jill meant by, "Your shirt will work" in the video.  Was Derick wiping Izzy's nose with his shirt behind Sam's hooded head?  I agree that they don't like one another.  Jill's all about performing for the camera and her grungy #besthubbyevah looks to me to be completely over it.  They are the worst!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I don't even know if Derick and Jill love each other.  I feel like they realize they are "stuck" with each other because they had to hurry up and get married in order to get to spend time together alone and now there's no way out. Didn't they have the covenant marriage?  You know all of this has to affect Izzy and Sam.

As far as the like/love comment.  After I grew up my mom made a comment about my teenage years. She said, "I always loved you, but there were lots of times I didn't like you." 

Louisiana, Arkansas, and Arizona are the only three states that recognize covenant marriage. It's more difficult than getting a no-fault divorce but it's not impossible. Wiki link.

I wonder if the Smuggars and Jabbie have adopted covenant marriages, apparently you can adopt them at a later date.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, BetyBee said:

I have to wonder what Jill meant by, "Your shirt will work" in the video.  Was Derick wiping Izzy's nose with his shirt behind Sam's hooded head?  I agree that they don't like one another.  Jill's all about performing for the camera and her grungy #besthubbyevah looks to me to be completely over it.  They are the worst!

I think she’s saying “sure it’ll work”.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, BetyBee said:

I think Jill needs to spend less time filming every little thing that happens in her life, maybe all the filming annoys Derick reminds him when he was on tlc and lost his “job” because of his big mouth. 

• Love 10

I watched her most recent IG story, which was a loooooooong, meandering video.  I never watch their videos because they're so depressing.  It was really bad- Israel was happy and playful but begging for attention the entire time- "hey guys!!  HEY GUYS!!"- normal little kid behavior when parents' attention is on something else, but she continued the video and attempted to talk to fans live on IG while he was doing it!  Super distracting.  Personally I would have done a live video when my kid was occupied and not begging for my attention!  Or would have ended it when it became apparent that it wasn't going to work at that moment!  Sam was taking a nap.  

She seemed sad answering questions about if they're on the show any more.  

• Love 8

Oh, and I forgot to add, it started out as an ad for 3130 clothing. Then meandered to answering random questions from fans and Israel building a “train”.  She needs lessons on keeping things concise!

• Love 2

jillmdillard

Do yourself a favor and check out @3130clothing (My cousin’s new shop!) Got some adorable stuff today and had my little photographer grab some pics for me 😉 Visit www.shop3130.com or swipe up in my story! 👆🏻👆🏻😃💕

02EC5EC6-6C5A-4575-95D7-684D0853BD2D.jpeg

FED5DDD0-1AFC-4881-BA4C-E237FD22B05E.jpeg

693C7395-CF48-4A0B-B85F-B7C9971B34CC.jpeg

A548DEB9-82BD-45FF-8177-7CEF5554DB01.jpeg

• Love 1

Jill simply has awful taste. I don't like her style, and wouldn't pick the outfits that she does, but that isn't the only issue. She just can't put herself together -- at all. The tan top might look good if styled as part of a business outfit. The flowered top is more appropriate for someone older, but it's not the most horrible piece of clothing I've ever seen. It all just looks awful, though, and she's doing Amy no favors by showing potential customers how frumpy and unattractive they could look if they shop at 3130.

• Love 17
On 2/5/2019 at 7:26 PM, Future Cat Lady said:

So true. He could've open a can of tomato sauce and cooked pasta. What about making soup from those cream of soups cans they love so much, making sandwiches or eggs. How dumb are you if you can even make a sandwich.

My mom was in the middle of preparing Thanksgiving dinner when she went into labor with me. Dad was able to get her to the hospital and finish cooking the whole dinner. He also cooked a Christmas dinner on the grill during a snow storm because he wanted a real roasted turkey. Mom helped with sides, although he was in charge of the kitchen that night.  All Jim Bob can do for his kids is open some cans?  Please! Also, Dad wasn't a stay at home dad, he went to work everyday, was at his desk by 6:00 a.m. and home by 3:00 p.m.  Jim Bob couldn't get his rear in gear that early.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

For a second I thought she was holding up a sign announcing her pregnancy.

The whole post reads as a maternity shoot!  I really did think it was an announcement at first!  

• Love 5
On 2/6/2019 at 6:39 AM, graefin said:

Good LORD. If I had to be around Jill for thirty seconds, I would want to go jump off a bridge after. She is so annoying with her constant yays. Can't she think of SOME other word to say?! And Derick's beep beep...seriously? I laughed so hard at the poster upthread who mentioned their magnetic personalities, because it's so true that they are the lamest couple ever. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, awaken said:

She seemed sad answering questions about if they're on the show any more.  

Not being on the show anymore means being cut out of a lot of the family life and events in case there is a TeeVee crew around. That has to be really hard.

Plus the Duggars started filming for the TeeVee shows back in 2004. She spent nearly 13 years of her life prepping for television. That was a huge part of her identity.

To be honest though I think it's better for Izzy and Sam to be away from the show. It feels like Jill is trying to teach Iz and Sam to be ready to be recorded at any time. That's not healthy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Yay for once Sam is actually smiling. Probably because he isn’t around his moms cooking. 

People comment all the time about this grandchild and that grandchild looking like JB, and I really don't see it. In this picture, though, poor Sam looks EXACTLY like grandpa (IMO). In fact, it's one of the least flattering photos of a toddler I've ever seen and, of course, it highlights Jill's complete inability to edit her pictures, and post cute pictures of her kids, and interesting tidbits about her family.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It feels like Jill is trying to teach Iz and Sam to be ready to be recorded at any time. That's not healthy.

It's possible that she really does believe that she, Derick and the kids will eventually return to the show. The leghumpers who follow Jill and Derick on Instagram and post on the Duggar FB page are very vocal about how much they miss seeing the Dillards on TV and how evil TLC was to fire them. The Duggars live in an echo chamber which constantly reinforces their belief that they are special and beloved. Jill may think that these fans are much more numerous than they really are and that there actually is a groundswell of viewer support out there that will force TLC to bring them back.

If Jill is resentful that Derick's actions forced them off the show, he may be placating her and reinforcing this delusion with a big dose of "God is on our side, the righteous will always win in the end" rhetoric. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

People comment all the time about this grandchild and that grandchild looking like JB, and I really don't see it. In this picture, though, poor Sam looks EXACTLY like grandpa (IMO). 

ODG. You are absolutely right and now I can’t unsee it. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

It's possible that she really does believe that she, Derick and the kids will eventually return to the show. The leghumpers who follow Jill and Derick on Instagram and post on the Duggar FB page are very vocal about how much they miss seeing the Dillards on TV and how evil TLC was to fire them. The Duggars live in an echo chamber which constantly reinforces their belief that they are special and beloved. Jill may think that these fans are much more numerous than they really are and that there actually is a groundswell of viewer support out there that will force TLC to bring them back.

^^Those are good points. With rare exceptions, my exposure to the Duggars is whatever I see here on PTV, or via a link I found here on PTV. I don't hang out with them, but there IS a fan base for these people, including Jill and Dillweed. 

This is also a good reminder that H. L. Mencken was on to something when he wrote: 

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 2/5/2019 at 5:47 AM, kokapetl said:

I imagine something like this happens everyday in Jill’s house.

You mean eating pork and bean sandwiches? 😄 The older boy took a helluva fall.  I almost cried just watching it. 🤕