Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, graefin said:

What's keeping me in suspense is whether Jill is capable of cooking a vegetable that isn't green beans.

Most of the time Jill doesn't even heat them up, let alone cook them.  She just eats them right out of the can and feeds them to her children that way, too.  I've never seen anyone but a Duggar do that.

• Love 5

Exactly. And while I’m being all persnickety, Jill, you can precook that bacon all you want but once it’s surrounded by frozen beans and a ton of sugar butter, what you’re going to get is flabby bacon. Although precooking might at least render out some of the fat. Lose the sugar, cut back the butter...

Nope, can’t do it. Still nasty.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

He liked the boobs-out pose when she asked him if he liked the prison onesie. He didn’t see much else.

That’s my guess.

Derelict probably thinks dirtypillows are an occasion of sin. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really hope that if he continues in his legal education that at least one of his professors forces him to make a legal argument for a woman's right to choose.   I would love to see him have to present this to his class.

I wish they were still on the show, and law school would allow them to film this one thing...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really hope that if he continues in his legal education that at least one of his professors forces him to make a legal argument for a woman's right to choose.   I would love to see him have to present this to his class.

I wish they were still on the show, and law school would allow them to film this one thing...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Wait a minute.  The ingredients list has frozen green beans, and the instructions (all recipe version) says canned green beans.  Which is it?  Canned beans have much more sodium, and taste different.  I really can't tell what kind of beans she is using from the picture.

Gotta love that the recipe was "adapted" to use turkey bacon instead of real bacon. That HAS to make it so much healthier, right? 

I just can't even fathom using so much brown sugar in a recipe like this...Green beans are so, so good with just a little bit of butter, garlic, salt and maybe dash of sesame oil. Even the bacon wouldn't be too bad.  But why in Dog's name would anyone add that sort of quantity of sugar to a vegetable dish? It makes my teeth itch just thinking about it!

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Gotta love that the recipe was "adapted" to use turkey bacon instead of real bacon. That HAS to make it so much healthier, right? 

I just can't even fathom using so much brown sugar in a recipe like this...Green beans are so, so good with just a little bit of butter, garlic, salt and maybe dash of sesame oil. Even the bacon wouldn't be too bad.  But why in Dog's name would anyone add that sort of quantity of sugar to a vegetable dish? It makes my teeth itch just thinking about it!

I have never ever seen sugar with green beans in a recipe. Brown sugar with sweet potatoes but green beans?

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have never ever seen sugar with green beans in a recipe. Brown sugar with sweet potatoes but green beans?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Thai restaurants have a delicious green bean dish that we love.  It's called something like Phad King Prik!!!  They are sauted in a spicy red curry paste, a bit of fish sauce and a bit of sugar.  But not 2 cups!

• Love 2

I can understand sweetening the beans a LITTLE in the original Alrecipes version because the beans are bundled with salty bacon.  There's a sweet/salty mix in every bite! 

Jill's adaptation is just "dumped" onto a sheet pan with 2 cups of brown sugar (!!!) That's insanity. Why bother using turkey bacon?  There is no thought process regarding taste profiles, just "oh well, it's sweet BEANS, so it must be healthy".... 

Jinger has a far better grasp of cooking than Jill. 

... and that onesie is hideous. 

• Love 6

Interesting that Derick focuses on a group he believes should be included. He fails to state FRC is included in the list of hate groups.

FBI definition of hate group:

[A] criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Interesting that Derick focuses on a group he believes should be included. He fails to state FRC is included in the list of hate groups.

FBI definition of hate group:

[A] criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.

Also the definition of Derick's Tweets.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Lunera said:

Why aren't the Duggars on there? See how stupid you sound...

The Duggars should be on a hate list.

They hate anyone who is not like them They hate homosexuals, transgender, Catholics, womens rights activists, and more.

The only difference is that their hatred simmers below the surface for the most part, and pops up only when Jeremy or Dullard send out a hateful tweet.

The family supported Josh working for a hate group. They take part in conferences, and support preachers with the same hateful agendas.

IMO,the hatred would become more overt if they didn’t have the show to consider. They saw what Dullard’s tweets about Jazz did to his participation on the show., so they tread lightly.

If by some miracle CO were canceled, you can bet you’d see them campaigning, robo-calling, holding signs on street corners, and preaching from the pulpit. All 200 of them.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Yes! Derick's tweets are their own hate group by themselves.

I would love to see a little moving dot on the map. Derick would look at it funny and ask, "why is this one hate group constantly moving?" Then the person would say, "that's the GPS tracker on your phone! Your tweets are their own hate group, so your hate group is located wherever your phone is."

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Temperance said:

I always think jumpsuits on adults are a strange look.

But Jill looks good in the jumpsuit. It gives her figure an hourglass shape, and the color doesn't bother me.  She doesn't look "thick" to me.

I'm not crazy about the sweater, but the outfit looks fine to me. She looks happy with the clothes, so good for her.

Anyone as old as me remember Diana Rigg as Emma Peale?  Especially her leather jumpsuits?  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Anyone as old as me remember Diana Rigg as Emma Peale?  Especially her leather jumpsuits?  

Emma Peel in her black leather catsuits wa quite the wake up call to baby bi me.  Plus she kicked ass.  I loved that show so much. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bythelake said:

The Duggars should be on a hate list.

They hate anyone who is not like them They hate homosexuals, transgender, Catholics, womens rights activists, and more.

The only difference is that their hatred simmers below the surface for the most part, and pops up only when Jeremy or Dullard send out a hateful tweet.

The family supported Josh working for a hate group. They take part in conferences, and support preachers with the same hateful agendas.

IMO,the hatred would become more overt if they didn’t have the show to consider. They saw what Dullard’s tweets about Jazz did to his participation on the show., so they tread lightly.

If by some miracle CO were canceled, you can bet you’d see them campaigning, robo-calling, holding signs on street corners, and preaching from the pulpit. All 200 of them.

EXACTLY!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Mollie said:

Most of the time Jill doesn't even heat them up, let alone cook them.  She just eats them right out of the can and feeds them to her children that way, too.  I've never seen anyone but a Duggar do that.

I revealed this a while back on maybe this topic or maybe the parent ones.  My mother opened a can of vegetables, drained the liquid and put the can on the table.  Yes, she did. She didn't like to cook, was depressed most of her life, undiagnosed, until my brother became a Psychologist - this was after she died - but, we talked a lot about symptoms and how if Prozac had been invented back then it might have changed her life.  So I don't do that, but, I am not put off by room temperature canned vegetables.  Grew up on them.  I'm sure my mother and Jill M. Duggar Dillard aren't the only two people in the world who did/do this.  Not that I'm advocating for it.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I revealed this a while back on maybe this topic or maybe the parent ones.  My mother opened a can of vegetables, drained the liquid and put the can on the table.  Yes, she did. She didn't like to cook, was depressed most of her life, undiagnosed, until my brother became a Psychologist - this was after she died - but, we talked a lot about symptoms and how if Prozac had been invented back then it might have changed her life.  So I don't do that, but, I am not put off by room temperature canned vegetables.  Grew up on them.  I'm sure my mother and Jill M. Duggar Dillard aren't the only two people in the world who did/do this.  Not that I'm advocating for it.

It must’ve been hard having a mother who suffered from undiagnosed depression. I’m very sorry she wasn’t able to get treatment during her lifetime. 

Room temperature canned vegetables would make me gag. If I saw someone serving that to their children I would think they were depressed, sleep deprived or suffering in someway psychologically. This isn’t to shame someone who is suffering, but why wouldn’t Derrick notice Jill doing something like that and comment? To @Mollie‘s point, Jill may think it’s “normal” but Derrick shouldn’t. I am amazed at all the Duggar girls poor housekeeping skills given the extreme focus on gender roles. 

• Love 6

I made a similar green bean recipe for Christmas this past year, but it was a major Pinterest fail. First of all, I used fresh green beans, which I thought would have been better. But after I wrapped the little bundles in bacon and brushed them with a maple syrup concoction, I baked them and they turned out to be a mushy mess and the little bundles of green beans wouldn’t stay together. I deleted that pin!

Edited by ehall1052
Typo
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Just went to have a peek at the Citrus and Lemon website. The jumpsuit was in the sale section for $28.99-and all sale items are non-returnable and non-refundable.  Did not see the exact sweater.

I also took a look.  All of their merchandise is sized according to small, medium, large, etc... but nowhere on the site is there corresponding measurements to allow the buyer to figure out which one is best for them.  When you click on 'sizing information', you get a tutorial on how to measure your bust, waist, hips, etc but nowhere does it tell you how to convert your measurements into the vague sizing used for their clothes.  So, not only are all sale items a final, non-refundable purchase; the buyer has absolutely no way to know for sure how the piece is sized before purchasing it.  Sounds like a scam to me.

• Useful 6
  • Love 14
38 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I also took a look.  All of their merchandise is sized according to small, medium, large, etc... but nowhere on the site is there corresponding measurements to allow the buyer to figure out which one is best for them.  When you click on 'sizing information', you get a tutorial on how to measure your bust, waist, hips, etc but nowhere does it tell you how to convert your measurements into the vague sizing used for their clothes.  So, not only are all sale items a final, non-refundable purchase; the buyer has absolutely no way to know for sure how the piece is sized before purchasing it.  Sounds like a scam to me.

Sounds just like cousin Amy's clothing website that Jill also promotes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I'm not a jumpsuit sort of person, but even if I were, I'd want to go to the store and try on a jumpsuit before buying. It's very rare (I'd say almost never) that I wear the same size in a particular brand on top and bottom -- and I don't think that's uncommon. The idea that a single piece of fitted clothing would fit both halves properly and be flattering seems really far fetched to me.

If you add to that only S/M/L sizing from a brand I'd never purchased from before (NO REFUNDS), and it would be a non-starter for me. Jill doesn't have any experience with buying clothing that fits, though, and I'm sure she thinks that if she can button it up and her clavicles don't show, its fine. I'll give her credit for trying, but I'd give her a lot more credit if she actually asked for help, and listened to advice, rather than doling out advice to her followers.

• Love 9
On 2/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, Temperance said:

I always think jumpsuits on adults are a strange look.

But Jill looks good in the jumpsuit. It gives her figure an hourglass shape, and the color doesn't bother me.  She doesn't look "thick" to me.

I'm not crazy about the sweater, but the outfit looks fine to me. She looks happy with the clothes, so good for her.

Yeah, I myself have always had just that problem with "jumpsuits" and "rompers".  Me:  "You're a grown-ass woman, why do you want to wear something that children wear?"  You know how some people hate to see grown-ass women in those little winter animal hats with ears?  That's me with jumpsuits and rompers.

• Love 6

I own a jumpsuit, but it’s nothing like Jill’s. Navy blue, strapless, pedal pushers, its the perfect outfit for a night out. (The only bad thing is that I literally have to get naked to pee)

the thing about Jill’s is that it does nothing for her. It’s not a flattering cut or colour, but i guess if she likes it, then its none of my business 

• Love 5

The grey outfit looks like something you wear in jail or insane asylum. It’s hideous color. Might look better in bright red or black.

in the last picture sweater jeans Jill looks nice.

28 minutes ago, clueless101 said:

Does anyone know if Derek even went back to school?  No pics, lunches, studying, etc

Yes he is still in school.

12 hours ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, I myself have always had just that problem with "jumpsuits" and "rompers".  Me:  "You're a grown-ass woman, why do you want to wear something that children wear?"  You know how some people hate to see grown-ass women in those little winter animal hats with ears?  That's me with jumpsuits and rompers.

I agree. They're just not my taste either, for the same reasons. However, I have seen them look good on people, and this particular jumpsuit is completely hideous. I can't think of anyone it would flatter!

• Love 1

The jumpsuit is bad enough, but the colour does not help.  Grey is not flattering on a lot of people, and head-to-toe grey is even worse.  It just doesn't work on people with fair colouring like Jill- it washes her out.  

I am very fair-skinned, and I can't wear light grey.  I can wear charcoal though.

• Love 6

Blender Muffins (gluten free, dairy free)

Feb 25, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

A few years ago we were on a gluten free, sugar free, dairy free diet for awhile and I found this recipe online (I can’t remember where…there are several similar ones!) and we loved them. We have made them with several different fruits added. I made them the other day with blueberries and coconut as the added fillers and the boys loved them! 

2 medium bananas (if using frozen, it might add a little to your cooking time!)

1 cup peanut butter

2 large eggs

1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract

2 T. honey

1/2 t. baking soda

1 t. apple cider vinegar

1/2-1 cup fruit and/or nuts (e.g. diced apples, blueberries, coconut, raisins, dates, etc.) *optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend everything, except optional fruit/nuts, until smooth. Add fruit and pulse or just stir for a min. Pour into greased muffin tin (3/4 full). ** Bake 15-20 min. Let cool. Enjoy! Makes one dozen very moist muffins!

**Sometimes muffin cup papers, don’t work very well with this no flour recipe, so I’ve found that greasing the pan works the best.

C3C757F2-8C0D-4565-86E2-B3BB26CC8E55.jpeg

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A few years ago we were on a gluten free, sugar free, dairy free diet for awhile and I found this recipe online 

Who is we? Was this when they were courting or after Michelle called them fat? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Blender Muffins (gluten free, dairy free)

Feb 25, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

A few years ago we were on a gluten free, sugar free, dairy free diet for awhile and I found this recipe online (I can’t remember where…there are several similar ones!) and we loved them. We have made them with several different fruits added. I made them the other day with blueberries and coconut as the added fillers and the boys loved them! 

2 medium bananas (if using frozen, it might add a little to your cooking time!)

1 cup peanut butter

2 large eggs

1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract

2 T. honey

1/2 t. baking soda

1 t. apple cider vinegar

1/2-1 cup fruit and/or nuts (e.g. diced apples, blueberries, coconut, raisins, dates, etc.) *optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend everything, except optional fruit/nuts, until smooth. Add fruit and pulse or just stir for a min. Pour into greased muffin tin (3/4 full). ** Bake 15-20 min. Let cool. Enjoy! Makes one dozen very moist muffins!

**Sometimes muffin cup papers, don’t work very well with this no flour recipe, so I’ve found that greasing the pan works the best.

C3C757F2-8C0D-4565-86E2-B3BB26CC8E55.jpeg

This "recipe" sounds vile. Peanut butter and banana frittatas, anyone?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I have made “pancakes” with  just two ingredients: mashed banana and a beaten egg. They’re...okay. I’m not a big egg fan, and these taste really eggy. They were not a hit in my house, but I think of them as being popular with the toddler crowd.

Nonetheless, I have made a lot of dairy-free and sugar-free recipes, and Jill’s recipe doesn’t spike my interest in the slightest. I can’t picture the texture. Well, I can, and it makes me shudder. Like @Ohiopirate02 said, why even make “muffins?” Just make eggs and a smoothie. 

I wonder if they did this diet when Derick was gaggy? Or maybe this is why he was gaggy?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Might have done it when Izzy was born.  If he was colicky Jill would have been recommended to cut allergens out of her diet while BFing.

It’s one of those recipes that the ingredients separately sound pretty good, but seeing the finished product just turns you off from eating forever.

Edited by Saylii
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, dariafan said:

I hate the #datenight tag...  you should have dated before marrying     Anyone else on here that says it , no issue.  But Jill saying it makes me want to throw beige food at her 

That would make the jumper more attractive aka art 

• Love 3

Wait...don't Campbell's Soups have dairy? I mean..."cream of..." would imply milk. I call BS, unless the diet was like a weekend. There is no way Jill could prepare food long term without canned soup. I could almost believe gluten and sugar, even though its tough, because this family consumes more gluten in a single meal than I do in a month, and they also put sugar on green beans! No way could they do this diet for a substantial amount of time with Jill's recipes. 

• Love 8