Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

That grey jumpsuit (?) actually looks like something id wear to bed in the dead of winter. 

Me, too. But in another color. 

Outside in the world?

Never.

ETA: The problem with that kind of flimsy knit fabric for a jumpsuit is that you stretch a seat pooch into it the first time you sit down. Then it drags around behind you like your butt is a foot lower than it is. Not great.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 16
  • Love 7

Is Jill trying to relaunch herself as a wannabe fashionista?  and where is all the $$ coming from if no one in that household is employed for all these clothes? I can't believe she would generate that much traffic flow to these stores to get the clothes gratis?

• Love 6

I like the grey jumpsuit it looks very comfy, I'd wear that around the house, not on a date though. Also nursing stuff? I was thinking whose she nursing then I remembered Sam 😊 Bottom picture the Top & Jeans are nice the shoes however not to my taste but whatever if she likes them then good for her. 

Edited by Puffin

That jumpsuit is the most hideous thing I have ever seen!!! First thing I thought when I looked at the picture was, "eeeeew!  Where did she get that old lady shirt?" I tried to reason that it could be a cardigan, and stared at it, trying to picture it on the hanger at Loft or somewhere, but decided for sure that no, it must be old lady apparel. Not a good reaction when the whole point of the picture is to sell that garment!

here are my issues with it:

1. The buttons and cut (when you can only see the top) are really old lady looking. 

2. Jill is a thin girl, yet she looks "thick" (and not in a good way) in this jumpsuit. 

3. The color is not flattering on anybody. Sure, lots of people wear gray, but with another color. A jumpsuit should be in a good whole-body color. 

4. The material looks like sweatpants in the legs. Which...yeah...because the whole thing is sweatpants material. Which is why it would be fine as just a cardigan, but looks weird over the whole body. IMO this material shouldn't be used for jumpsuits, but especially gray, because it makes it look too much like sweats. 

5. Since we have established that it's sweatpants material, a belt makes it too fancy. 

6. Buttons are FUGLY. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I'm not a fan of Jill's second look.  Those jeans are too big for her in the thigh,  no one should see that large of a crease there.  She needs to either size down or get a different cut.  Also, she looks so stiff in the outfit, probably because none of the pieces are her style.  She needs more boho clothes and not that geometric mess.  I also have no words for that jumpsuit.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm not a fan of Jill's second look.  Those jeans are too big for her in the thigh,  no one should see that large of a crease there.  She needs to either size down or get a different cut.  Also, she looks so stiff in the outfit, probably because none of the pieces are her style.  She needs more boho clothes and not that geometric mess.  I also have no words for that jumpsuit.

I know what you mean!!! Every time she wears jeans, she looks fine from the knees down, but the fit is terrible above the knees. I think she is scared to wear the size that she really needs to wear! Also, there are many other kinds of pants she could wear that might fit better. I almost never wear jeans; I just don't find them that comfortable. I'd rather wear regular slacks. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Being an "old lady" doesn't mean I wear crap like that.  I think it can be ugly on its own merits or lack thereof without condemning the old to wearing it..  It looks like it would be warm and comfortable to sleep in for winter, but beyond that I don't know what purpose it would serve.  I can't imagine anyone wearing it to go anywhere.  Poor clueless Jill.

You're right! Definitely no offense to anyone who is up in years. The truth is that no one should be wearing this hideousness! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

920DB76A-72A9-4438-8911-B3134A6494F5.jpeg

B3F7576A-AE49-4BC8-8362-6A8118D0DD99.jpeg

2F9BDD10-6FBC-47DE-A188-180B231FDCCF.jpeg

I am always pretty hard on Jill and well, she drives me nuts.  But there is something about this pic that makes me not want to snark on her.  She is making better choices in clothing and while it may not fit really well, she looks like she is really happy with this outfit of the sweater/jeans.  I can see it on her face.  She looks pretty happy here.  Not the one with the head bandage, but the lower one.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am always pretty hard on Jill and well, she drives me nuts.  But there is something about this pic that makes me not want to snark on her.  She is making better choices in clothing and while it may not fit really well, she looks like she is really happy with this outfit of the sweater/jeans.  I can see it on her face.  She looks pretty happy here.  Not the one with the head bandage, but the lower one.

you have a point. If she is happy with what she is wearing then good for her. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I know what you mean!!! Every time she wears jeans, she looks fine from the knees down, but the fit is terrible above the knees. I think she is scared to wear the size that she really needs to wear! Also, there are many other kinds of pants she could wear that might fit better. I almost never wear jeans; I just don't find them that comfortable. I'd rather wear regular slacks. 

I'm wondering if it's because she has a little bit of a tummy and a smaller size jean would be too small in the stomach area? If so, she should get her jeans altered.

• Love 1
On 2/22/2019 at 3:31 PM, Suzn said:

Being an "old lady" doesn't mean I wear crap like that.  I think it can be ugly on its own merits or lack thereof without condemning the old to wearing it..  It looks like it would be warm and comfortable to sleep in for winter, but beyond that I don't know what purpose it would serve.  I can't imagine anyone wearing it to go anywhere.  Poor clueless Jill.

That’s it!  It looks just like a union suit from an old psychiatric hospital.  She looks like she’s trying to escape from Radley (for the Pretty Little Liars fans).

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

The clothing company is actually called "Citrus and Lemon"?  That's like calling a company "Fish and Tuna".  Stupid.  

The clothes are not attractive.  Those weird leather shoes make her feet look like size 14 flippers.  

Sorry, no compliments.  And as usual, she couldn't even be bothered to steam the vertical fold lines out of the sweater.  I will say it's not hideous, but that's it.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

#husbandapproved?

And, oh dear, what's up with Jill's pose in the gray sleeper jumpsuit?

And lastly, a flimsy, stretchy top is nursing friendly? So I guess a button down shirt, a halter top, a tube top, a peasant shirt and a cardigan are all nursing friendly too. Why is everything about babies?

Sammy may want to wean soon, it'll make the escape a little easier.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I agree. If she insists on wearing her hair that long, the braid is the way to go. And I’m not going to snark on a woman who grew up in prairie dresses before graduating to a wardrobe shared with sisters of various sizes/shapes, and who has toddlers, if she doesn’t want her jeans to be super-fitted through the thighs. 

I’d like to see an outfit like that— mainstream, if not to everyone’s particular taste— as a tiny baby step toward finding her own voice. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That top picture with Derick shows how pretty Jill could be if she'd hack that mousy hair. Trimming it to boob-level would give her plenty of length but freshen up her look a bit. 

For the Duggarettes, growing their hair down to their ass is their most significant (read: only) life achievement. No way, no hell will they let anyone take scissors to their crowning glory.

(It's also a testament to their idiocy re picking and choosing which edicts in the Bible to take literally and to fucking extremes. Even the Bateses don't do this.)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm wondering if it's because she has a little bit of a tummy and a smaller size jean would be too small in the stomach area? If so, she should get her jeans altered.

People get jeans altered? I mean, maybe they do...I've never thought of doing it because with the gazillion brands of jeans out there, there is always a cut somewhere that works, but then again, I think that other than my wedding dress I've had maybe two things altered in my life. I just try things on until I find what I like. It's not as though she's too busy to go to the mall.

• Love 21

How old is Sammy now? Is nursing the Dillweeds' form of birth control?

I have no additional words for Jill's grey jumpsuit monstrosity. The horizontal stripes on the sweater also do no one any favors. And what is Jill's aversion to saturated color? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

People get jeans altered? I mean, maybe they do...I've never thought of doing it because with the gazillion brands of jeans out there, there is always a cut somewhere that works, but then again, I think that other than my wedding dress I've had maybe two things altered in my life. I just try things on until I find what I like. It's not as though she's too busy to go to the mall.

I think that this is a part of Jill's problem. A lifetime of "shared closets" and thrift store shopping have prevented her from learning to try on clothes in different sizes and styles to find those that flatter her figure.

I don't hate the jumpsuit as much as some posters here, but it's not a great look on her. I went to the site and checked it out and the jumpsuit looks less hideous on the models there. I don't think Jill has the imagination to extrapolate from the what she sees in the photo on a very tall thin woman, to her more curvy figure.

• Love 1

I just checked out their page, and yeah, not impressed. There's tons of other modest clothing websites that have much cuter and more stylish options. Everything on Citrus and Lemon looks like a potato sack. Not to mention their name grates my last nerve. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Suzn said:

Being an "old lady" doesn't mean I wear crap like that.  I think it can be ugly on its own merits or lack thereof without condemning the old to wearing it.

I agree. My feelings get hurt, and I am actually sad every time clothes are condemned for looking old or “old lady like.” One of my otherwise favorite shows, Project Runway, does this all the time. I would so much rather they discribed the clothes as dowdy or frumpy. Which some of Jill’s are, by the way.

• Love 17

Good for JillyMuffin if she is enjoying her new clothes. What stood out to me in the pictures was how frumpy and thick Jill looks.  I  always kinda thought of her as tall and slim, but she looks more like Michelle here. Pumping out babies takes a toll on the Duggar women. In Jessa's case, it can't happen soon enough.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

Good for JillyMuffin if she is enjoying her new clothes. What stood out to me in the pictures was how frumpy and thick Jill looks.  I  always kinda thought of her as tall and slim, but she looks more like Michelle here. Pumping out babies takes a toll on the Duggar women. In Jessa's case, it can't happen soon enough.

I would LOVE to see Jill on What Not to Wear, if the show still existed. I feel like Stacy and Clinton would have empathy for her upbringing, and be gentle with her, while assuring her in no uncertain terms that her branching out was a GOOD and exciting thing! They would laugh good-naturedly about her propensity for choosing baggy clothes, and say they understood where it's coming from. Then, she could leave with pieces that flattered her body and were still modest enough. Plus, they would cut the scraggly ends off at least. Jill could easily look tall and thin with the right clothing, and that gray jumpsuit isn't it (seriously, I don't think I've ever thought an article of clothing was uglier). I definitely relate, because I'm tall and busty, and I have to dress in a way that accentuates the positives, and downplays the negatives. For instance, those flowy shirts and dresses that are so "in" now are a no go, for they make me look twice my size. I would look huge in that at my very best weight, which I am not at right now! I think Jill could learn to do the same thing; all it takes is learning to accentuate the positive. Also, the positive is rarely accentuated in cheap, thin, too big or too small, stretched out t-shirts that are fifteen years old. I would love for Stacy and Clinton to help her understand what quality looks like...and it doesn't have to be expensive! I understand why Jill struggles like she does to dress in a different way, and I applaud her efforts, but sadly, she doesn't have someone like Jeremy (or even Jessa / jana) guiding her. Cathy could help, but she is stick skinny and doesn't seem as interested in being trendy as Jill. I would love to put Jill with sensitive, empathetic experts who wouldn't degrade her, but could gently explain the things she has grown up not knowing about clothing. 

ETA: I wonder if these companies ask Jill what size she is, and she gives them a size too big on purpose. My mom does the same thing! She is super skinny, but someone must have drummed it into her head at some point that wearing tight clothes was the absolute worst offense someone could commit. She calls something "skin tight" basically if it touches another area of her body besides her boobs. Thus, she always looks like Jill. On the few occasions I can talk her into wearing something more fitted, like a formal dress, she looks so stunning! There is a huge difference between skin tight and loose, and I think Stacy and Clinton could help Jill feel more comfortable with that. Someone bring them back, please!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 12

She doesn't have the same body type as Jinger, but I can give Jill credit for trying to expand her clothing horizons.  Sometimes when I read comments people make about what she is wearing, my first thought is "I'm glad no one is seeing what I'm wearing right now" and then I realize I'm not posting pictures of myself on social media so no one can make comments.  I go back and forth with Jill.  I don't like her because I think she's way too judgmental, but then sometimes I feel sorry for her because she is trying, but it seems like it always backfires no matter what she does. 

• Love 17
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

#husbandapproved?

And, oh dear, what's up with Jill's pose in the gray sleeper jumpsuit?

I'm questioning  the Husband approved thing too.  Derick  should be studying & not spending money on a dinner out, even if it is just the Maeket Place. Or do the Duggars get free meals because of free advertising? 

What is it with Jill's boobs in the one jumpsuit picture?  The ladies are definitely front & center.  I think it's just the angle & the way she is standing or a very well padded bra.

I do think Jill's hair looks nice & for the most part all she had to do was comb it.  I like when she wears in it a braid. 

Wonder how long her new clothing style will last.  I agree with others that even her wearing something as simple as a new  sweater is a step forward for her.

• Love 3

The #husbandapproved thing annoyed me, because dear God, women don't exist to please men! Who does jana dress for? She usually looks really nice, and has no #husband to #approve. Maybe citrus and lemon wants her to make the point that Derick likes the clothing since all their stuff is so frumpy, and they're worried that women won't buy it because it's not hot? But it's all the more annoying coming from Jill, since we KNOW she is a puppy dog trying to please Derick, and that Derick is a sarcastic asshole who makes her feel stupid and inferior. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

The #husbandapproved thing annoyed me, because dear God, women don't exist to please men! Who does jana dress for? She usually looks really nice, and has no #husband to #approve. Maybe citrus and lemon wants her to make the point that Derick likes the clothing since all their stuff is so frumpy, and they're worried that women won't buy it because it's not hot? But it's all the more annoying coming from Jill, since we KNOW she is a puppy dog trying to please Derick, and that Derick is a sarcastic asshole who makes her feel stupid and inferior. 

I could see this. Many men are clueless about fashion (women as well) but any guy who loves his wife is going to notice when she puts forth the effort to dress up and look nice. Jill could wear Sarah wrap and Derrick would pretend not to notice. I don’t get the impression that he EVER tells her she looks pretty/beautiful/nice and Jill seems like a woman for whom those compliments would mean a lot. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

She doesn't have the same body type as Jinger, but I can give Jill credit for trying to expand her clothing horizons.  Sometimes when I read comments people make about what she is wearing, my first thought is "I'm glad no one is seeing what I'm wearing right now" and then I realize I'm not posting pictures of myself on social media so no one can make comments.  I go back and forth with Jill.  I don't like her because I think she's way too judgmental, but then sometimes I feel sorry for her because she is trying, but it seems like it always backfires no matter what she does. 

Yes I agree. I think Jill doesn’t understand fit, she wears things that are too big and too long. I get the vibes that the bohemian style works for her, and her hair is nice when she braids it. 

• Love 3
On 2/22/2019 at 2:27 PM, ginger90 said:

4EE5910A-6D19-4C81-9C94-EA9D4D5A91CA.jpeg

27BFAFFD-297E-4E87-91BE-D9C81CA839A8.jpeg

15F2278B-6B4A-4102-A564-F70C4C76FBC1.jpeg

Jill needs three feet cut off of her hair and an intense hair mask. Jill needs to “partner” with some cosmetic company who will gift her some eye cream. There’s no reason why someone her age should look so damn old. 

• Love 7

Sweet Green Beans

Feb 23, 2019 | Recipes | 1 

These green beans are sure to be a favorite with everyone! At the “big house” (Duggar home), we’d usually serve these as a side with beef brisketand party potatoes! This recipe makes one, large industrial size pan, or two 9×13″ pans and serves about 20 people as a side.

5 lbs. green beans, whole, frozen

1 lb. turkey bacon, cut into chunks (or cook before for crispy bacon)

2 cups brown sugar

1 cup butter or margarine 

2 teaspoons garlic powder

1 teaspoon salt

Grease two 9×13″ pans (or one large industrial pan). Dump frozen green beans into pan. Melt butter and add all remaining ingredients to pan. Stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min.

Recipe adapted from: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24745/sweet-green-bean-bundles/?internalSource=hub recipe&referringContentType=Search&clickId=cardslot 2

AEA1D476-F588-49EA-8A15-5A4E994D9A16.jpeg

I always think jumpsuits on adults are a strange look.

But Jill looks good in the jumpsuit. It gives her figure an hourglass shape, and the color doesn't bother me.  She doesn't look "thick" to me.

I'm not crazy about the sweater, but the outfit looks fine to me. She looks happy with the clothes, so good for her.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

Just went to have a peek at the Citrus and Lemon website. The jumpsuit was in the sale section for $28.99-and all sale items are non-returnable and non-refundable.  Did not see the exact sweater.

I think skinny jeans have to be tight to look good.  Jill would probably look better in a slim straight leg.  That way the thighs would not look so baggy on her.

They do love their booties on that website.  Personally, I hate the look of them with dresses.  I just find they cut your legs at an unflattering point and make them look stumpy. They are fine with pants.  And I really hate peep toe booties- who wants their toes exposed in the fall and winter?

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 11

Wait a minute.  The ingredients list has frozen green beans, and the instructions (all recipe version) says canned green beans.  Which is it?  Canned beans have much more sodium, and taste different.  I really can't tell what kind of beans she is using from the picture.

• Love 4