Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

If it weren't for modern medicine Michelle would've died stroked out during Jana/JD's birth. No more Duggars. Just Jim bob and Josh. (Not that that world would be much better)

JB would have remarried. 

• Love 11
On 1/28/2019 at 1:03 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I actually make these all the time (my daughter is a fiend for them), and while I find they generally need another couple of minutes, I believe that the original recipe I found for them also stated 5 minutes at 350. Seven minutes works for me. 

I was surprised at how yummy they are!  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

. I amuse myself as best I can by anonymously emailing the female guard fake news items about the worldwide closure of Campbell’s soup factories and watching her resultant distress.

😂😂😂😂. I laughed so loudly at this that I startled my dogs.

I’m glad to see Becky from the third row mentioned again.

I also laughed at the journal being hidden on the cookbook shelf.

Thanks for taking the time to write another hilarious entry!

Edited by EVS
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

It is now time for me to be returned to my cell for the night so I must once again hide this journal where nobody will find it. I have selected the cookbook shelf as a safe location this week. 

Genius! 

• Love 15
On 1/29/2019 at 1:56 AM, mynextmistake said:

Day 978. My captors continue to torture me with days of endless monotony and wretched food..

I just love these stories.

You write so well.  If you publish something, let us know.  I'd buy it.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Barf #bestwifeever

That lunch actually has veggies *faints

How is he still so thin if he eats that amount every day for lunch?  That just seems like a lot of food for one lunch...

• Love 2

That looks about like my normal lunch and I weigh 120 pounds.  I was surprised it was such a light lunch.  It looks like quite a bit of lettuce, some cheese and olives, a very few cucumber and pepper slices, and a few ounces of roasted chicken.

• Love 19
31 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

How is he still so thin if he eats that amount every day for lunch?  That just seems like a lot of food for one lunch...

Who says he actually eats it?  Derick looks like he has anorexia.  He has no upper arm muscles, no thighs, no hips.  He's wasting away and looks more like a walking skeleton every day.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That looks about like my normal lunch and I weigh 120 pounds.  I was surprised it was such a light lunch.  It looks like quite a bit of lettuce, some cheese and olives, a very few cucumber and pepper slices, and a few ounces of roasted chicken.

You forgot the bagful of something--salad dressing?

• Love 6

It wouldn't surprise me if Derick weighed 130 - 140 pounds. When my nephew was younger he was 137 lbs and he was 6' 4", roughly the same height as Derick I believe. He was very thin at that time.

20 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

And stolen sauce from various restaurants.

It looks like it's just Chick Fil A, and to be fair, my husband has kept condiment packages from meals he purchased that he hadn't used, so that may be what is happening here rather than "stealing" per se. That said, I just don't see how Chick Fil A sauce (ketchup?) goes with the veggie lunch.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It looks like it's just Chick Fil A, and to be fair, my husband has kept condiment packages from meals he purchased that he hadn't used, so that may be what is happening here rather than "stealing" per se. That said, I just don't see how Chick Fil A sauce (ketchup?) goes with the veggie lunch.

I give them a pass on the sauce. I love the Chik-fil-a sauce even though it is basically thousand island dressing.  He probably dipped his chicken pieces in it.  At the Chik-fil-a (& other fast food)  near me, the cashier doles out the sauces thus preventing people from taking handfuls of them since I'm sure the sauces are more expensive than ketchup. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Derick weighed 130 - 140 pounds. When my nephew was younger he was 137 lbs and he was 6' 4", roughly the same height as Derick I believe. He was very thin at that time.

A friend suggested I do that once, which lasted until the barbecue sauce exploded and ruined an expensive Gap cardigan I kept in my backpack [/PSA]

• Love 4

105DBCB5-A70E-4BE9-BDF5-AC1A270F8D1D.jpeg

Pops’ BBQ Tuna Fish

Feb 2, 2019 | Recipes | 1 

Yeah, you read right…BBQ and tuna fish! This recipe goes back many years to when my parents had 7 kids ages 7 & under. My mom went to a ladies conference thing out of state for a whole week…which meant my dad (a.k.a. “Pops”) had to cook for all of us kids for the week! lol I remember a few times where the meal had about five courses: canned green beans, canned carrots, canned potatoes, canned butter beans and canned pineapple. We had to eat the first course before moving on to the next, but we did have the option for a side of ketchup to dip everything in.  At one point during the week is when he brought out the tuna…he opened a can (or several), drained it, added some KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce to it, then served it between two slices of whole wheat bread. It was a big hit! I’m not sure if we liked it so much just because it tasted way better than everything else we’d had that week, or if we were so young that the combination didn’t sound strange enough to scare us off from the start and then when we tried it, we just found it appetizing. Either way, it’s continued to be a favorite on the menu all these years! And as was often said growing up, “You can’t say you don’t like it until you’ve tried it!”

BBQ sauce (KC Masterpiece, original)

canned tuna, drain

onions, diced (optional)

whole wheat bread (or saltine crackers)

Drain tuna. Mix a good amount of barbecue sauce with tuna and diced onions. Serve with bread (sandwich) or on saltine crackers. Enjoy!

4C1A2BF6-F1DD-4A4E-9645-99E6DA4D5303.jpeg

029ABA83-8866-40D4-BDD9-683BAC6DDB3E.jpeg

• Love 2

I don't really think barbeque tuna is all that unique or offensive, though I've never had it. I think even Starquist has a premade version now. It's not all that different than shredded barbeque chicken. 

But I don't think opening a can and mixing in premade barbeque sauce is worthy of a recipe or a blog post.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

"mom went to a ladies conference thing "

SOTDRT strikes again. 

I wonder if this ladies conference thing was where Michelle learned about medical thingies for birthin' babies and passed on this info to Jill.

• Love 8

Izzy appears to have the same bite as his father does/did. Please don't let whoever worked on Derick work on poor Izzy. The kid's going to have a miserable enough life as it is without ending up with a lopsided face. 

Does anybody know what's in Jill's white chicken chili? I made one from a recipe from Allrecipes or Taste of Home. I forgot about it, but my family liked it. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, NotFundie said:

I don't think that is a lot of food.  It seems pretty normal considering the salad isn't bulk.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Does anybody know what's in Jill's white chicken chili? I made one from a recipe from Allrecipes or Taste of Home. I forgot about it, but my family liked it. 

White Chicken Chili Recipe

Sep 8, 2018 | Recipes | 15 

It’s gettin’ close to chili season here in Arkansas and we’ve already made our first batch of white chicken chili! This is a recipe from our Aunt Bobye that we had a lot growing up. You can make this one on the stove just in time for supper, or ahead of time in the slow cooker (with the slightly altered recipe) with dry beans if you desire! White Chicken Chili goes great with Fancy Cornbread!

Ingredients:

2 yellow onions (peeled and diced)

12 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (boiled, save liquid!)

8 (15.5 oz.) cans great northern beans (drained), or 4 cups dry beans (+ 12 cups water)

1 T chili powder

1 T cumin

3 T. worcestershire sauce

2 T. oregano

3 garlic cloves (minced or pressed)

1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (or Rotel)

salt to taste

pepper to taste

chicken boullion seasoning (optional, to taste)

Directions:

For stovetop: Place diced onions and chicken breasts in pot. Cover completely with water and bring to boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to simmer and cook for 20-40 minutes (depending on if they are thawed or frozen), or until cooked all the way through. Remove chicken and shred or dice, then return chicken to pot and add rest of ingredients. Simmer for about 30 min. then serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips or cornbread!

For slow cooker with dry beans: Rinse dry beans and check for rocks. Place in slow cooker with 12 cups water. Add all other ingredients EXCEPT chicken and cook on high for 6-8 hours, or on low 10-12 hours. About an hour before serving, place chicken breasts in separate pot on stove. Cover completely with water and bring to boil. When water starts to boil, turn heat down to simmer and cook for 20-40 minutes (depending on if breasts are thawed or frozen), or until cooked all the way through. Remove chicken, and shred or dice. Add chicken to slow cooker with as much reserved broth as will fit and let simmer about 30 min. Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips or cornbread!

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

White Chicken Chili Recipe

Sep 8, 2018 | Recipes | 15 

It’s gettin’ close to chili season here in Arkansas and we’ve already made our first batch of white chicken chili! This is a recipe from our Aunt Bobye that we had a lot growing up. You can make this one on the stove just in time for supper, or ahead of time in the slow cooker (with the slightly altered recipe) with dry beans if you desire! White Chicken Chili goes great with Fancy Cornbread!

Ingredients:

2 yellow onions (peeled and diced)

12 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (boiled, save liquid!)

8 (15.5 oz.) cans great northern beans (drained), or 4 cups dry beans (+ 12 cups water)

1 T chili powder

1 T cumin

3 T. worcestershire sauce

2 T. oregano

3 garlic cloves (minced or pressed)

1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (or Rotel)

salt to taste

pepper to taste

chicken boullion seasoning (optional, to taste)

Directions:

For stovetop: Place diced onions and chicken breasts in pot. Cover completely with water and bring to boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to simmer and cook for 20-40 minutes (depending on if they are thawed or frozen), or until cooked all the way through. Remove chicken and shred or dice, then return chicken to pot and add rest of ingredients. Simmer for about 30 min. then serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips or cornbread!

For slow cooker with dry beans: Rinse dry beans and check for rocks. Place in slow cooker with 12 cups water. Add all other ingredients EXCEPT chicken and cook on high for 6-8 hours, or on low 10-12 hours. About an hour before serving, place chicken breasts in separate pot on stove. Cover completely with water and bring to boil. When water starts to boil, turn heat down to simmer and cook for 20-40 minutes (depending on if breasts are thawed or frozen), or until cooked all the way through. Remove chicken, and shred or dice. Add chicken to slow cooker with as much reserved broth as will fit and let simmer about 30 min. Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips or cornbread!

1 can of Rotel and 1 T chili powder doesn't seem nearly enough for 12 chicken breasts

• Love 12
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

This is the one I used: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/white-turkey-chili/ . I was inspired by Jill's cream soup recipe collection. It's good, especially for garlic fans. Husband and son loved it. 

Wouldn't adding tomatoes make the sauce pink? Also, who is Aunt Bobye, and how tempting would it be to say Aunt Bo bye'?

"Aunt" Bobye is Bobye Holt. Yes, THOSE Holts.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

That five course canned dinner story is quite the story! Keep spilling those beans, Jilly Muffin! I will give you all the money making blog hits if you keep up the behind the scenes stories.

Otherwise, if you are trying to make the bbq tuna sound interesting, you are doing a terrible job. 

• Love 19