Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

He seems like the kind of "parent" who would not try to stop a dangerous situation, knowing it's dangerous, and just be interested to see what happened if it went badly.

"There! That really hurt, didn't it? Now you know not to do that again, don't you? Stop crying or I'll give something to really cry about!"

• Love 20

I don't have kids, but my heart just about stopped seeing those pictures because of what COULD HAPPEN.  I know boys will be boys (yes, girls can do things like this too), but parents need to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get hurt.  Jill and Derick are too busy trying to get blog hits to think about what might happen. 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, graefin said:

That last pic takes the cake. "Israel came up with this on his own" is how she captions it? Did she actually watch him set the chair up there and climb up and then take a photo so she could post it for the world to see with a caption denoting his cleverness?

I guess we should be glad she that this wasn't an activity that she participated in.  I can see her helping him "build" this tower and encouraging him to climb it so she could take the picture.

• Love 2

I wouldn’t let my DOGS do that...because I love them and want them healthy and safe...I’m weird that way.

I guess when you grow up surrounded by a zillion children, nobody is all that important or unique so if one gets hurt, killed...pffft. There are a bunch of backups.

These people...SMDH.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 19
42 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I have a feeling that these photos were set-up just for attention-seeking.  Those two are rather sick.

That thought had crossed my mind as well...I mean pretty much every parent out there has turned their back long enough for their kid to either fall or get bonked with something, and I'll admit to raising my own kids with a bit of "careful neglect" (I have a mother who was always way too protective - to this day, now that I am 60 and she is a few weeks shy of 85 she constantly has an eye out for things I might be doing which could potentially damage me). But as much as I always gave them the leeway to get their share of bumps and bruises. I would never actually encourage them to put themselves in dangerous situations then post it to (then nonexistent) social media. I just have no idea where their minds are to think this is a good idea, and can only imagine that they see it as some sort of game to see what sort of reactions they will get. Is Dreck actively trying to alienate himself from all society one group at a time, or what?

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, Portia said:

Mr. Bynam looks like a barrel of laughs.

I can only imagine what he's trying not to lose his shit over in that picture.

Of anybody attached to the Duggars, he's the one I'd most like to have a cup of coffee with because he seems the most uncomfortable with it. I bet if you could get him to spill his guts, he'd have some interesting tales to tell. 

• Love 21

BawPaw does not look pleased, at all. I can’t imagine what those holiday dinners must be like.  I wonder who he is most displeased with- Jill, Derrick, or Cathy. Maybe all in equal measure. 

Even the leghumpers have got to question those chair pictures. Right?!  I hope??

• Love 7
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

J and D are about one Sinner’s Prayer away from the cast of Jackass.

Now I am so picturing the fundie version of the show Jackass.

That chair picture with Sam, he really is trying to escape. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 7

I'm probably in the minority here but those pictures don't bother me. It's exactly the type of stuff I used to do with my brothers, and studies have been coming out that this kind of risky, climbing/leaping/bordering on parkour type play is actually good for kids, in brain development, body confidence, and spatial awareness,

As long as they are being watched, which they are, the cameras prove that, it's fine.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kalamac said:

I'm probably in the minority here but those pictures don't bother me. It's exactly the type of stuff I used to do with my brothers, and studies have been coming out that this kind of risky, climbing/leaping/bordering on parkour type play is actually good for kids, in brain development, body confidence, and spatial awareness,

As long as they are being watched, which they are, the cameras prove that, it's fine.

My son climbed before he could walk ... I remember coming from putting a load of washing on, he was 10 mths old and standing on the dining room table,he had climbed up on a chair then onto the table. Walking out the back door to find him on top of his big cubby. He was 18 months old

He hasn’t stopped finding things to climb and jump off

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I can see how Isreal could have come up with the idea on his own and sure, even stacked the chair on the table, but I don't see how he could have gotten up there by himself. Tray tables aren't that stable.

On a different site, someone suggested this is Israel’s timeout spot.

• Love 7

I agree that Izzy is under stimulated. He needs to be with other children his own age other than his cousins. A good pre school would do him a wonder of good. He is sweet, good natured little boy, IMO, and his parents treat him poorly. We know what we see and from what they post. Why are they negligent in what they post? I would think they would have better discretion.

I don't like Derick's sense of humor. He has a sarcastic, sour sense of humor. Jill doesn't seem to relate to it well. I'm sorry for their children. Why doesn't Cathy step in? It doesn't look like DDD and Dan grew up with this type of situation in their home.  Where did it come from in DDD?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was trying to figure out the difference here, aside from being predisposed to criticism when it comes to the Duggars, because, as I said, I always gave my kids the scope to get their share of bumps and bruises (which the third one in particular seemed to attract in spades), and I think it rather boils down to the fact that Iz and Sammy seem always to be shown climbing on things which are inherently unstable. Now, I suppose a case can be made for the spatial skills/body awareness getting an even better workout that way, but except for that one picture a few months ago where the idea of them playing outside and Izzy climbing a tree seemed to be a revelation to Jill, they have never been shown on a playground or climbing things which are designed for that sort of activity. Everything they are shown climbing on seems to have wheels or be otherwise on the edge of falling over.

Yeah, I’m with you.  It’s possible I have a ‘movie image’ of parkour, but in my impression it has to do with using solidly occurring features - retaining walls, construction barriers, etc.; not wheeled platforms and the like.  Admittedly I am not trained on child development though... we in fact saw Cathy mirroring this, where she matter of factly redirected Sammy on his rocking horse to face forward, instead of twisting around looking backwards (which is, btw, how I got a major concussion at age 10, though I was on a bike at the time I turned around).

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 8

As a parent of an 8 year old and twin 2 year olds who are all climbers, I'm forever in a day telling them to get down off something. Or grabbing them off whatever and putting them back on the floor. My 8 year old climbed out of his crib at 14 months, which scared the crap out of us. I also provide times for them to safely climb and jump. Not take stupid pictures of them doing dangerous stuff. Ugh. My heart was in my throat with those pictures! Those poor kids. 

• Love 19
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Parents encourage good/safe behavior with young kids by giving appropriate reactions and parents foster critical thinking with older children explaining why certain behaviors shouldn't be done. Doing both these things teach kids to learn to independently make safer/better choices. The Dillards appear to be doing neither.

But those are evil concepts, to the Duggars. Critical thinking? Independence? Perish the thought! Get in line, sheep.

I'm not suggesting that any of them have consciously thought that critical thinking and independence are to be actively avoided but they certainly have been indoctrinated to try to smash every shred of either, even if that's not how they would characterize what they are doing.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, kalamac said:

So when the kid hits the floor face first and busts his teeth out or breaks his nose, it's fine because someone sat there and watched him do it?  Does it hurt less and do less damage when the kid is being watched or filmed?  

As others have stated parents need to set boundaries and keep kids safe.  There's nothing wrong with climbing and exploring, but there is a safe way to do it.  Taking pictures of your kid in a dangerous situation is beyond stupid and so is sitting back and watching them do it.

@doodlebug said they have scrambled eggs for brains, but I think it's another, less appetizing substance.

• Love 23
On 1/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, ginger90 said:

New blog post.

It includes the videos I already posted, and sooooo many pictures. I picked a few pictures to include:

November 2018 Pictures and Videos

Jan 11, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

Sorry I’m finally getting around to posting our November album! We are happy to share lots of new pictures and videos with you! Our December post will hopefully be following soon! 

20FB9505-5793-45F2-9F36-9E0F09BDFAF9.jpeg

463A2170-919D-4C06-A5D3-2E6086F73949.jpeg

ED74FF1E-ED32-412F-903A-3D8E609696A4.jpeg

1F0A29F2-3237-4179-B477-22946EF086EC.jpeg

30C7A583-FE9C-4B87-AB3A-46488F8DCFEF.jpeg

5B558EF2-3A90-44F4-ABB9-D177BCD19CB9.jpeg

Are they trying to win a Darwin award?  Nothing says great parents like seeing pics of two small children doing scary stunts.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, graefin said:

That last pic takes the cake. "Israel came up with this on his own" is how she captions it? Did she actually watch him set the chair up there and climb up and then take a photo so she could post it for the world to see with a caption denoting his cleverness?

Yegods, woman, where is your common sense? Do they let them play with knives and firearms and matches too, because "they came up with it on their own"? Could her brain have been deprived of oxygen during childbirth (Israel or Sam's, not her own)? Because I have no other explanation.

New Xmas toy the bag of glass TM Irwin Mainway...

• Love 17

Watched the video of them walking.  Izzy points out moon is up and asks why.  Jill clearly doesn’t seem to know the answer.  They can’t be that clueless can they?  Please let her just be fumbling how to explain to 3 year old

• Love 16

I wonder why Jackson wasn't included in those photos with the little girls, Michelle, Jill and her kids. Notice how SAM is right next to Jill and Izzy is waaaay on the other end of the table with no one able to assist him.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Notice how SAM is right next to Jill and Izzy is waaaay on the other end of the table with no one able to assist him.

And if Jill is tending to Sam, why can't Izzy's grandmother sit with him and help him? But of course Michelle can't, because she has to have her "baby" Josie on her lap whenever there's an audience.

13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

New Xmas toy the bag of glass TM Irwin Mainway...

Mainway Toys! Makers not just of "Bag O'Glass", but such classics as "Pretty Peggy Ear Piercing Kit" and "Johnny Switchblade, Adventure Punk"!

• Love 20