Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Marcus was born before they moved, so this will be the first baby born in Maryland, or wherever they live.  I think it's selfish that they cut into the Little Couple's time to announce their fourth pregnancy. They have unprotected sex, obviously she's going to have babies.  Also,  Why does Anna always say that  "We're expecting?" She also said when she was in labor with Michael, that she and Josh were having contractions. Hey, Anna. Until Smuggar is able to push a baby out of his ass, you are the only one who is pregnant.  I also wish that Anna would've waited, and let Jill have the spotlight to herself.  Smuggar and Anna procreating is nothing new. If Jessa is pregnant too, my theory of the three of them being pregnant at once will be true. 

• Love 7

Sorry, but I don't believe for a minute that baby number four was Josh's idea.  Although he jollied it up somewhat for the announcement last night, his opinion on "competition with Michelle" has been written all over his face every time Anna mentions having more children, which she does -- A LOT.  In the recent rerun of the weight loss challenge: Josh's face when Anna worried what would happen later on, when they have six or seven MORE children, and Josh's health fails.  The poor guy looks "motion sick" every time she brings up the subject!  Given that she still laments the "four LONG months" it took to get pregnant the first time and her apparent distress over that, I get the distinct impression that Anna feels compelled to "keep up" every time someone else has a baby, a pregnancy, a gender reveal, or a ham sandwich for lunch.  Her ambition is obviously to be the chosen "19 Kids" successor.  The woman bugs!  Also, are pregnancy tests biodegradable?  I'm worried about our landfills.

Edited by joanofarch4
  • Love 4

Sorry, but I don't believe for a minute that baby number four was Josh's idea.  Although he jollied it up somewhat for the announcement last night, his opinion on "competition with Michelle" has been written all over his face every time Anna mentions having more children, which she does -- A LOT.  In the recent rerun of the weight loss challenge: Josh's face when Anna worried what would happen later on, when they have six or seven MORE children, and Josh's health fails.  The poor guy looks "motion sick" every time she brings up the subject!  Given that she still laments the "four LONG months" it took to get pregnant the first time and her apparent distress over that, I get the distinct impression that Anna feels compelled to "keep up" every time someone else has a baby, a pregnancy, a gender reveal, or a ham sandwich for lunch.  Her ambition is obviously to be the chosen "19 Kids" successor.  The woman bugs!  Also, are pregnancy tests biodegradable?  Oh, our landfills!

Josh looks to me like he's headed towards a mid-life crisis, a midlife crisis with acting out or a bleeding ulcer or some combination of those mentioned things. I think it was his idea, maybe to have sex and that's all it takes.  I think he loves Anna and the kids, but could be bored and sick of it especially since he never got to experience anything else. Anna is also possibly bored, but compensates by throwing herself more into motherhood and pregnancy.

For arguments sake what if the Smuggar's end up having more kids than Boob and MeChelle, how would MeChelle handle it? It would send her over the edge.

I think it might. However I think Jill or Jessa is more likely. It may not seem like it, but Josh and Anna are far less fertile than his parents and they're still young. It's only going to harder as they get older.

Poor Jana will never be free now.

I had the opposite reaction. Lucky Jana! This could her life.I think as bad as it is for her, I think it's probably worse to be Jichelle and Anna even if it's their own fault they have to go through so many pregnancies. I understand the Cinderjana concept, but sometimes I wonder if she makes herself useful to avoid being married off and become the mother of dozens. It's something I could see myself and my friends doing if we were in similar situations.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

I had the opposite reaction. Lucky Jana! This could her life.I think as bad as it is for her, I think it's probably worse to be Jichelle and Anna even if it's their own fault they have to go through so many pregnancies. I understand the Cinderjana concept, but sometimes I wonder if she makes herself useful to avoid being married off and become the mother of dozens. It's something I could see myself and my friends doing if we were in similar situations.

I have wondered this myself as well, if she's calculating how to avoid the millions of kids scenario. Whatever is true, that she's Cinderjana or if she's doing this on purpose, its very sad to me these are her only options.

• Love 2

SO sick of this family and their grandstanding ways. I was really enjoying The Little Couple last night and did not need a "special announcement" from a Duggar.

So, Anna, you're knocked up. It's unfortunate that the Duggars (with all of their talk about sex and "purity") don't know the first thing about sexuality or reproduction. They should know that it's rare to get pregnant outside of any woman's fertile time each month and therefore a waste to pee on a stick every time Smuggar (or Bin, or derrickdillard, or Jim Boob) needs some "special attention". I wonder if they gather in the bathroom for the extra-special test and toast with grape juice.

:eyeroll:

Good luck with four kids under six.

• Love 4

It is too bad that Josh and Anna never had a real opportunity to honestly discuss their desired family size. Josh has been pretty clear since then that he's not interested in out-breeding anyone. When Anna was talking about 5 being a good start Josh was really freaked. She starts talking about babies like they're prizes not responsibilities and pays no attention to Josh's reactions. And him being her headship and all. Fundie wife fail.

ETA: I just watched the announcement. Couldn't help but notice Anna's focus only on the pregnancy and delivery. Sorry. We know that's going to happen and, hell, it doesn't ultimately matter WHERE you deliver. So, why are these the biggest questions? She can't even see past the delivery. No insight into having 4 children under the age of 6 with no support network. Where's the plan for THAT? She sounds like a breeder not a parent.

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 2

I'm not sure how to tell how Anna feels about anything. She has that same 'eyes bug out and voice squeeks' to convince everyone she's excited that Michelle has. Drives me batty.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 3

It's almost like a contest for these people. We know that Josh is competitive as all get out, so of course he had to get Anna pregnant soon. Can't let Jill and Jessa hog all the spotlight.

What happened to Anna's line about about being happy & enjoy the three they have? Think she was only trying to convince herself. I'm surprised she didn't mention having twins last nite since that seems to be on her Wish list. That would really make Josh stroke out.

I haven't done the exact figuring yet but it looks like it will be another June/summer baby. So are we hoping for a boy or girl? If it's a girl, that will be better for Kynzie since it will be less work for her as an M'Slave.

• Love 1

Clearly Anna and Josh aren't as fertile as Michelle and JB -- after all, WHO IS? -- so Anna, whom I find to be disingenuous in general, was doing her best "fiddle-dee-dee" imitation to gloss over the delay with number four.  I didn't buy it for a minute!  I'm sure she longs for twins as a catch-up measure and certainly for more girls to help out around the house!  I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the J-slaves blessed with an extended vacation in DC at some point.  Seems the only way these big families work out is to, you know, stay with your big family!  I'm sure it was Anna pushing for the move away from "all those activities" (and toward her own spin-off show) and now for 19 kids in order to justify one, as well.  Can't have your cake aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand eat it, too, Anna!

• Love 1

I also wish that Anna would've waited, and let Jill have the spotlight to herself.  Smuggar and Anna procreating is nothing new.

I'm wondering if their timing in announcing it was to avoid speculation, especially towards the time of Jill's due date when Anna will be noticeably pregnant.

Although the announcing of it during the awesome The Little Couple was pretty lame!

• Love 1

Ugh.

Josh is doing his best to walk the walk but his face is saying "fuuuuuck." I bet he's wishing hard for some sort of male birth control pill that he could take surreptitiously. Then he could just shrug his shoulders and say "Well, God must not want us to have more!" LOL

• Love 5

No insight into having 4 children under the age of 6 with no support network. Where's the plan for THAT? She sounds like a breeder not a parent.

Well, she does have a husband--that's a good start for a support system. Beyond that, do we know for certain that she doesn't have a local support network? I'm not trying to be argumentative; I'm just wondering if we know whether she and Josh have neighbors and friends they can call on when they need help with a situation that they can't handle on their own. Do they hang out with any homeschool families, FRC people, or maybe a church group? I certainly hope so, because it is important to have people you can call on in an emergency when you don't have extended family living close by.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Anna can handle day-to-day parenting of four sequentially birthed small children without needing daily help from an outside network. If she keeps popping out the babies, though, I hope she doesn't follow the J-slave model but keeps mothering the children herself. I haven't been watching the show very long, but so far Anna has largely struck me as a sweet and capable mother.

Edited by Portia

Maybe it's just because if all goes well, I will have 4 kids 6 and under next summer (my 3 current are in the ballpark ages of the Ms, my first will be 6 in Feb), but I don't think that 4, 6 and under is all that bad. I feel like the switch from relatively normal to potential insanity is somewhere in the 6-8 range, especially if they're close together. I know a family who has 10 kids , I was best friends with the oldest in middle school (when the kids numbered 6 and were becoming 7), but again the age spread isn't so back to back on them either, I think #10 was born when I was 20 so again a 20-year age spread. I don't remember my friend being a B'slave (all 10 have B names) at all, all the kids were/are still in public school. I'm sure they helped with laundry more than I did being the oldest of 4, but that's hardly child abuse. Of course, the biggest difference between them and the Duggars is things like college being encouraged and so on, none of them are SAHDs and all that.

Bringing this back to Josh/Anna, I really think Josh is no dummy, and he knows that babies every 2 years from now till menopause equals inability to maintain their current fairly cushy lifestyle.

• Love 1

The whole family screaming "We're expecting!" was so Duggar like. As if we didn't know what was coming.  I hope Anna has a hospital birth. She deserves some comfort this time. 

Also, there was no build up to the big announcement. Smuggar and Anna procreating is officially old news. 

• Love 1

I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my second (just had the first ultrasound today to confirm). I got pregnant mid-October (though they count weeks from start of last period which was end of September), and found out via home test just before Halloween. I'm due the first week of July. Maybe that helps with the time line of M4 a bit :-)

I'm happy for them. Anna seems to really enjoy motherhood, and surprisingly Josh appears to be a loving and hands on dad. I don't know that I think they should have 19 of their own, but I never thought for a second that they'd be done with 3.

• Love 2

Ugh.

Josh is doing his best to walk the walk but his face is saying "fuuuuuck." I bet he's wishing hard for some sort of male birth control pill that he could take surreptitiously. Then he could just shrug his shoulders and say "Well, God must not want us to have more!" LOL

Or he could just keep it in his pants on the days that Anna has big ole babies and storks drawn on her wall calendar or whatever equivalent she has.

• Love 1

Josh looks like he's trying his best not to let the horror show on his face. I almost feel bad for him. You could say he chose this life and he knew what he was doing, but did any of us really know what we were doing at 20? I can't help but think about the guy I was head over heels for at 20. If he'd proposed and told me that I was going to be a breeding machine, I would have bugged my eyes out and hopped on that train gleefully. This lifestyle is the only one that Josh had known up to that point and he was so smug about it. He's shown a lot of growth, so sometimes I wonder if he would do things differently if he'd known then what he knows now. He's still a little too conservative for my tastes, but I think he's just going through the motions and trying to overcompensate at this point.

• Love 1

Well, I can't say that I'm surprised at all. Anna's one sister already has 9 children, and I see Josh and Anna having around 10-12 if they continue to have a new baby every two years for the next 16-18 years. I do have to wonder if part of the reason for this is because their show is still popular. I'm not 100% sure that Jim Bob and Michelle would have had 19 if TLC hadn't come knocking at their door. 

Don't you have to have an education to become a president, though some of act like the don't.have an education.

You really don't. There isn't a chance in the world Josh would be anything like a serious candidate though it would probably make an interesting story on TLC. 

• Love 1

Maybe it's just because if all goes well, I will have 4 kids 6 and under next summer (my 3 current are in the ballpark ages of the Ms, my first will be 6 in Feb), but I don't think that 4, 6 and under is all that bad. I feel like the switch from relatively normal to potential insanity is somewhere in the 6-8 range, especially if they're close together. I know a family who has 10 kids , I was best friends with the oldest in middle school (when the kids numbered 6 and were becoming 7), but again the age spread isn't so back to back on them either, I think #10 was born when I was 20 so again a 20-year age spread. I don't remember my friend being a B'slave (all 10 have B names) at all, all the kids were/are still in public school. I'm sure they helped with laundry more than I did being the oldest of 4, but that's hardly child abuse.

I'm right there with you, JessDVD. I don't think of a family as being crazy big until somewhere around the 8 child mark, and even then, as you mentioned, it has to do with spacing. I don't get the "Good luck with four little kids, J & A" talk, because I've known all sort of families in similar situations, including my own (three kids in four years) and my sister's (five kids in six years), and generally they've done just fine. As long as you don't have all of them in a single litter, it's totally do-able for a couple without extended family living nearby. I mean, obviously having several little ones is a lot of work, but I imagine parenting an only child or widely-spaced children is a special challenge, too.

I just have to hope J & A will be on the same page and that they'll be able to let themselves off the hook if they get to the point where they decide they'd like to stop. Mr. Portia and I had always thought we wanted four children, but we had never expected them to keep coming so fast, nor had we anticipated being (seemingly) impervious to all forms of birth control. So after several pregnancy scares the year after our 3rd child's birth, we got comfortable with the idea of a vasectomy*. It was a pretty wrenching decision for us, so I can't imagine how difficult that process would be for someone steeped in Quiverfull culture.

You're going to do great, JessDVD!  :-)

*Mr. Portia would want me to add that there was nothing "comfortable" about the vasectomy.

• Love 2

Ugh.

Yeah, Josh looked like he was having to put effort into being excited over the announcement. I don't doubt that Josh loves his children and wife, but I don't think he wants an army the way Anna seems to. He better hope his gig with the FRC doesn't go away otherwise it's back to being crammed into a 900 sq ft house and shopping for generic fruit cocktail at Aldi's. Working at a used car lot will suck donkey balls compared to hobnobbing with politicians and power players in D.C.

• Love 3

Yes, poor Anna may have to take care of her own children without family and friends helping her. She may have to learn to be responsible for her own children. *gasp* I guess she is special unlike the millions of people who take care of their own children while working, sick, single parenthood, a spouse being deployed overseas, not having regular 8 to 5 working hours and other responsibilities needing attention.

On the subject of Josh, he needs to grow a pair (and not a pair for practice make progress, and progress makes babies.) No one is putting a gun to his head and making him and Anna have unprotected sex. He should know by now not using any form of birth control will lead to more babies. Josh needs to use the organ known as his brain instead of using his other organ below his waist line.

If she's nine weeks and has had a sonogram (and I'm assuming she has, since they are so clear about the date) then her chances of miscarriage at this point are extremely low. Statistically no different than twelve weeks.

And her body at least has had a good period of time to recover from Marcus's birth before this one began.

Next time I guess I should just type "sooner or soonest"??

My (said with some trepidation, hopefully I don't miscarry this one since I miscarried in September and am pregnant again now) 4 in 6 years is made significantly easier by both of our parents as well as all my siblings being local, praise the Lord.

I agree too, that I really hope Josh and Anna (well, really everyone, but especially any Duggar child) can have honest conversation about their reproductive plans and come to a mutual agreement. I really hate to think that any of them are just having kids because they feel like they "have" to.

An aside: I think Mr. DVD, who probably would have been fine with stopping at 2, would look about like Josh did in the video, if we made a video announcing our expecting of the 4th. I'm sure he'll love that kid as much as he does the other 3 once it's born though. I imagine that he, likely like Josh, would continue to look less thrilled as future pregnancies would come along (none here, I hope, and I wouldn't be surprised if Josh said "Fine, we can have 4 but that's IT")

I think Smuggar would be happy with the three he has. I'm sure DC has been an eye opener. He no doubt works with conservative men and women who don't feel the need to breed like rabbits, and who live happy, balanced lives. Smuggar grew up with a mother obsessed with pregnancy but uninterested in raising her offspring, and who handed the little ones off to be raised by the older girls. I can't believe that's what he wants for his family. I hope he sneaks off for a vasectomy before he finds himself 40 years old and saddled with a dozen howlers.

• Love 3

. Working at a used car lot will suck donkey balls compared to hobnobbing with politicians and power players in D.C.

Does he actually hobnob with DC power players? I have a hard time believing anyone with real political power and/or clout with find Josh to be anything more than a wanna be kid. 

• Love 2

I have no actual information to support this but it wouldn't surprise me if the FRC has contact with B- or C-list politicians and that Josh has been at dinners or whatever with them. Compared to the used car lot and Arkansas, this probably seems pretty nifty. They may not be big power players but they're probably more interesting company than the ATI conference sorts, not to be the world's most judgmental person...

• Love 1

Or he could just keep it in his pants on the days that Anna has big ole babies and storks drawn on her wall calendar or whatever equivalent she has.

I'm sure the thought has occurred to him, but I'm willing to bet he likes getting his pickle tickled well enough that he can't say no!

What's the Duggar stance on masturbation? It's probably a no-no, right? Too bad for Joshie!

• Love 1

I'm sure the thought has occurred to him, but I'm willing to bet he likes getting his pickle tickled well enough that he can't say no!

What's the Duggar stance on masturbation? It's probably a no-no, right? Too bad for Joshie!

srsly, with three kids under 4, if that doesn't ruin the mood or help you cool off for what, 3-4 days per month, then nothing will.

• Love 3

Ugh, Josh is talking like a politician now. Sounds crazy. He could not look more unhappy about this new baby. Since you had all your kids at home, I'd say you are going to have a home birth unless something goes wrong. Not excited for these folks at all, but hope it goes well for them. They do have cute kids, and it isn't the kids fault they are born into this nutso family.

I can think of worse things in the world than J & A having a 4th kid. I get the speculation, given the family Josh was raised in, but I don't see anything wrong with having a big family as long you can nurture and provide for them. Josh makes an income (along with the money he most likely earns from public speaking and TLC) to provide for a family of 6, though I think his income is probably less than what others on here have speculated it to be. I put his annual total gross income from all sources in the ballpark of 150k.

I do agree that Josh looks less enthusiastic than Anna about having another child right now, and perhaps he's feeling the weight of responsibility of growing his family to this size and how much his life has drastically changed since moving to DC. I don't see them having more than 2 or 3 more kids in the future. I don't think either of them want to end up like JB & M.

I did think Anna looked beautiful in the video. I don't know what she's doing to her hair to make it look thicker and more healthy, but it looks fantastic and the length and style suits her. And someone upthread mentioned her teeth -- I wonder if she used Invisialign, since it only takes months vs 2 years of braces. She used to be kinda homely and she has really blossomed in the last year. Josh, OTOH, needs to get disciplined and lose about 30-40 lbs. He is too young to let himself get like that! The rate he's going he'll add another 40 lbs by the time he's 35 and then he'll probably never get down to a healthy size. He doesn't get the damage he's doing to his heart. At his age, he could easily take off 40 lbs in 6 months.

• Love 3

Wow, Anna is pregnant? Based on his body language during the announcement, I truly think Josh would be absolutely fine with this child being their last. He looks so over it. He also actually looks ill to me - I hope he's okay health-wise.

• Love 3

Yes, Anna had Invisalign a few years ago.  I hope Josh and Anna are able to talk about their desired number of children and reach a conclusion that they both can be happy with rather than mindlessly following mom and dad. 

Ugh.

Dear Smuggar:

Go to your doctor's office and ask for condoms. The doctor's office is bound by confidentiality; they can't discuss the fact you've asked for birth control. Go home and practice putting one on over a banana. If you need more condoms, it's possible to order them from Amazon.com; they will come to your house and your order will be (again) confidential. If the condoms are just too much for you to deal with, ask your doctor to recommend a good book on female reproduction and to give you a tutorial on natural family planning.

If you did not want a fourth child, you could have looked into birth control long before now. The use of a condom is not an abortifacient. Neither is Natural Family Planning.

If you are the head of the household, it's up to you to tell your wife that you're done having children after the fourth indefinitely. You are far enough away from both sets of parents to run your own lives.

Sincerely,

MV

• Love 4

While I agree that Josh doesn't want more kids, I am not convinced, as some are, that Anna doesn't want an enormous family. I always saw Anna as wanting Josh at least as much for his family and the chance to be the next Michelle as for Josh. I am sure since it wouldn't have been very easy for Josh to tell Anna he didn't want to be the next JB while they were dating it didn't occur to Anna that he might consider limiting their family size. I also think Josh may have thought having a lot of kids was less of a big deal when he was not married, not supporting a family and living in Arkansas with his parents. Now that he's in DC it's a much bigger deal. To me Anna's comments of 'well we are enjoying what we have... we'll see... etc' are as forced as Josh's proclamations that this pregnancy is the best news ever. I think Anna knows Josh is changing his views on procreation and that is her way of sounding like she's considering his views just as Josh knows he has to keep up a pretense of believing in 'Breeding for Jesus' so he talks about how wonderful it is. 

I also think there has to be some concern on Josh's part that if it were to get out at all that he might consider birth control - even NFP - that he would no longer be an asset to the FRC. Personally I'm not sure why he's an asset to them in the first place but clearly it's all about his being a Duggar and a Duggar is all about breeding. If they wanted a conservative Christian they could find a ton of them with better education and experience than Josh. They use him to appeal to the Duggars of the country. 

• Love 2

Wow, Anna is pregnant? Based on his body language during the announcement, I truly think Josh would be absolutely fine with this child being their last. He looks so over it. He also actually looks ill to me - I hope he's okay health-wise.

I was thinking the same thing. For a guy who's in the prime of his life he looks really pallid and doughy. It seems like Anna is making an effort to get their diets on track, so I can't help but wonder if something else is going on. In all honesty, none of the Duggar children have ever glowed with good health, but Josh looks worse than usual.

Does he actually hobnob with DC power players? I have a hard time believing anyone with real political power and/or clout with find Josh to be anything more than a wanna be kid. 

I meant it more in terms of Conservative Christian circles in the D.C. area.

• Love 2

I was thinking the same thing. For a guy who's in the prime of his life he looks really pallid and doughy. It seems like Anna is making an effort to get their diets on track, so I can't help but wonder if something else is going on. In all honesty, none of the Duggar children have ever glowed with good health, but Josh looks worse than usual.

I meant it more in terms of Conservative Christian circles in the D.C. area.

Completely agree - Josh has looked unwell to me for quite some time. "Pallid" and "doughy" are two excellent adjectives to describe him right now. At first I chalked it up to his "married-guy weight gain" - but now he just doesn't look healthy at all. If I didn't know better, I'd say there was a substance abuse problem of some kind. But I must admit I'd find that to be truly shocking. And it's really hard for the Duggars to shock me these days. He has no 20-something glow of health whatsoever. I had friends who burned the candle at both ends in their 20s who still looked far better than he does. He looks like he sleeps very little, eats nothing but junk, self-medicates and lives under a rock. His hair doesn't help either. Short is fine, and a receding hairline he can't help. But it looks as though - for some reason - he puts Brylcreem or something in it. Looks oily, greasy all the time. Yuck. He needs medical help, good nutrition and Stacy & Clinton.  Badly.

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 4

Completely agree - Josh has looked unwell to me for quite some time. "Pallid" and "doughy" are two excellent adjectives to describe him right now. At first I chalked it up to his "married-guy weight gain" - but now he just doesn't look healthy at all. If I didn't know better, I'd say there was a substance abuse problem of some kind. But I must admit I'd find that to be truly shocking if it were true. And it's really hard for the Duggars to shock me these days. He has no 20-something glow of health whatsoever. I had friends who burned the candle at both ends in their 20s who still looked far better than he does. He looks like he sleeps very little, eats nothing but junk, self-medicates and lives under a rock. His hair doesn't help either. Short is fine, and a receding hairline he can't help. But it looks as though - for some reason - he puts Brylcreem or something in it. Looks oily, greasy all the time. Yuck. He needs medical help, good nutrition and Stacy & Clinton.  Badly.

I think he easily looks 40 years old. And if there is a health issue, how is Anna going to support all of those kids by herself if something were to happen to Josh?

• Love 3

Yes, I agree that Josh doesn't look like he's feeling well lately. In the photo at Thanksgiving, with the Kellers, he actually looks like he is in some kind of physical pain or discomfort. He also has looked quite tired recently, as his eyes reflect a lack of sufficient sleep and he has gained weight lately. Not a good health combo there, IMO.

I, do wonder, what they are fixed up with, life insurance-wise, if the unthinkable happened to Josh. How WOULD Anna support 4 children on her own? I certainly hope that Josh is ok and has a long and healthy life ahead of him, but I am asking the insurance question because of their extreme reproductive beliefs, how would a family such as hers continue on financially? Do they have good insurance? What is their back up plan?

Time for a return visit to the doc and a complete blood/urine workup oh, and a cardiac check, too.

Michelle has said that masturbation is a sin. I can't remember when and where I read that, but she addressed the subject some time or other.

I've never seen Anna so beautiful. I hope that's reflective of her wanting this pregnancy. Yes, Josh is dead in his eyes in regards to the announcement. His puffiness reminds me of someone on steroids. I hope he is ok.