Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

It seems like J'chelle (and now Jill) announce their pregnancies at the earliest possible moments, preferably to as big of an audience as possible (Today show, People magazine, etc.), even if it's before the first trimester ends.  On the other hand, Anna with her last few pregnancies seems to be very hesitant to announce that she's expecting (which may also be the case now, if she is indeed pregnant with blessing #4).  Why do you all think that is?  Do you think her miscarriage a few years ago plays a role?

It seems like J'chelle (and now Jill) announce their pregnancies at the earliest possible moments, preferably to as big of an audience as possible (Today show, People magazine, etc.), even if it's before the first trimester ends.  On the other hand, Anna with her last few pregnancies seems to be very hesitant to announce that she's expecting (which may also be the case now, if she is indeed pregnant with blessing #4).  Why do you all think that is?  Do you think her miscarriage a few years ago plays a role?

I think Anna is less likely to want to make a big spectacle out of a miscarriage. Could also be that they're far more aware of appearances since Josh is such a public FRC face, so they wait until they're more sure.

I was thinking I'm glad that there's nobody spending great lengths of time evaluating my attire and ascribing potential pregnancy to any appearance of a bulky cardigan.

If Anna is indeed pregnant and is waiting to announce, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were related to the miscarriage. Without blathering on about myself too much, I miscarried in early September and am pregnant again now. I'm at the point where I announced with my previous pregnancies and while we did tell some people yesterday, I realized when people congratulated me afterward that I really didn't want to talk about it yet. I've heard, and completely feel this way, that it often takes until passing the point at which the miscarriage happened (for me, 16 weeks) before it's really "real" and possible to really get excited. I don't remember if Anna ever mentioned how far along she was when she miscarried, but that could be it for her. Also, I haven't noticed People devoting endless articles and cover photos to Josh/Anna, which may just be because they haven't done anything interesting enough recently, but I wonder a bit if they will allow People to cover them as much as Jill and Jessa have.

• Love 2

I think with Anna waiting was at the request of TLC to make a fully public announcement. Those in their geographic area knew long before. While I agree many woman aren't comfortable announcing until after passing the miscarriage gestation period, Anna was only a few days pregnant with the one they talked about on the show. She had a positive pregnancy test and then lost it two or three days later. Best wishes on a healthy pregnancy this time around.

• Love 2

I would absolutely hate having people speculate whether I'm pregnant or not whenever I wear something bulky, or wear clothing that hides my stomach, or have just gained a little weight. I can imagine that making even the most secure person feel bad about themselves.

Anna strikes me as being a genuinely kind, shy person who's kind of been thrust into this world because she's following her husband as she has been taught to do. When she's interviewed on the show, it really strikes me as the producer/camera operator/whomever is leading her along to get her to say what they need to hear for story purposes. She seems to really want more kids, and hearing someone ask if she's pregnant (or reading speculation online, if she does that), probably hurts when she isn't, especially following a miscarriage (which I hadn't heard about till reading it here). Then add in the fact that a person assuming a woman is pregnant insinuates they think she looks fat/has gained weight, I would not want to be in her position.

• Love 1

While I was infuriated at people asking all the time when I would have kids, my fury would be extreme if that included looking at my every photo with that thought in mind.  On the other hand, people do this to members of this family based on all they say and all they do, themselves.  The public is responding to what the public knows about them.  Also if she had a miscarriage only a few days after a positive pee result, I wouldn't be too excited or upset.  Could have been a malfunctioning stick.

• Love 2

In the last episode where they are camping, outside the RV Josh leans over and kisses Anna, while doing so, he puts his right hand on her belly.  Also, she cupped that pregnancy test so no one but Josh could see it.  If she weren't pregnant, why didn't she show the camera too?  I still think that TLC is putting a lid on announcing their pregnancy until the "excitement" of Little Dill passes.

In the last episode where they are camping, outside the RV Josh leans over and kisses Anna, while doing so, he puts his right hand on her belly. Also, she cupped that pregnancy test so no one but Josh could see it. If she weren't pregnant, why didn't she show the camera too? I still think that TLC is putting a lid on announcing their pregnancy until the "excitement" of Little Dill passes.

Why did she take the pregnancy test in the first place? They acted like out of the blue she was going to take the test, not that she missed her period. If she missed her period, it should have been positive unless it was too soon. This family seems to take a test every time they have sweet fellowship. I really don't think they know how they work. Didn't the sisters tell Jill to take a test just in case she might be pregnant? I agree with TLC holding off on the announcement.
  • Love 1

Why did she take the pregnancy test in the first place? They acted like out of the blue she was going to take the test, not that she missed her period. If she missed her period, it should have been positive unless it was too soon. This family seems to take a test every time they have sweet fellowship. I really don't think they know how they work. Didn't the sisters tell Jill to take a test just in case she might be pregnant? I agree with TLC holding off on the announcement.

My mom got pregnant with me around the holiday season. She said before they would go to a holiday party, she would take a test to see if she could drink... but the Duggars don't drink so I'd be willing to bet they have no idea how it works.

Maybe they have a habit of taking a pregnancy test every month except when they are pregnant.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. I confess to resembling that a time or two in my life.

I didn't see the episode mentioned here where Anna was taking a test - did they mention results? I seriously wouldn't take any test mentioned on the show, that hasn't been corroborated with a pregnancy announcement to the universe, more than a moment's attention.

Maybe they have a habit of taking a pregnancy test every month except when they are pregnant.

Probably. A woman in their lifestyle seems to be based on her child-bearing abilities so might as well constantly be checking if you get to add another notch to your bed post! I can imagine that the Duggars and other similar families with so many kids compare themselves to other families with more/less kids. if it's all up to god, then if you have more kids, god must really like you and think you're an amazing parent worthy of another!

• Love 2

The thing is, one of these days, probably sooner rather than later, Anna is going to be pregnant. But I don't think any speculation based on the way she looks is worth much.

• Love 3

so watching the little couple and next thing I know, Josh and Anna pop up during one of the commercials to say that yup, she's pregnant. Apparently they found out after Jessa's wedding when they were staying with Jill and asked if she had a pregnancy test that she could use.  Seriously do they buy those things in bulk?

• Love 2

During a break of The Little Couple, Anna and Josh announced that they are expecting.  She took a test at Jill's house over the Thanksgiving weekend and it came up positive.  Gee, I wonder why they didn't announce it on GMA or the Today show. 

• Love 1

They are expecting!! I'm watching the Little Couple & commercial came on with a Duggar special announcement. Anna explained she took a test after Benessa's wedding. They were staying with Jill & Derick &took a test Jill had. Anna said they were happy to share it with the family while they were there for wedding.

Well,well,well. M4 is officially in the oven. And obviously they opted to not wait very long before announcing it. Seriously though with "I asked Jill if she had an extra pregnancy test." I mean,I guess she won't be needing one for the next few months.

• Love 1

During a break of The Little Couple, Anna and Josh announced that they are expecting.  She took a test at Jill's house over the Thanksgiving weekend and it came up positive.  Gee, I wonder why they didn't announce it on GMA or the Today show. 

Hopefully it's because Today and/or GMA don't want them. It's not exactly news anymore - a Duggar being pregnant...

• Love 4

It dawned on me half way through that the Little Couple was on and so I boogied over there for a look and here are Anna and Josh.  Poo.  Have they secretly bought up a majority share of stock on TLC?   Really, they control the mess over there.  And here I had said something moderately nice regarding the DC Duo and now I take it all back.  I'll be in the prayer closet with Jelly Beans and Brian and the crew.  I know a lot of cuss words.

• Love 2

Wow. Well, congrats to them! I hope the pregnancy is healthy and that everyone is happy. Hmm. Wonder what the gender reveal will be this time and the name. I'm guessing a boy named Mason. (That's nof a name yet, right? It's marcus, mckenzye and I can't remember)

• Love 1

Wow. Well, congrats to them! I hope the pregnancy is healthy and that everyone is happy. Hmm. Wonder what the gender reveal will be this time and the name. I'm guessing a boy named Mason. (That's nof a name yet, right? It's marcus, mckenzye and I can't remember)

Michael.

• Love 1

You know eventually there has to be a Michelle.

• Love 1

No, she's 9 weeks now (plus, they were in Florida for Thanksgiving). The test was confirmed (they said they told family after Jessa's wedding) at Jill's. That said, I'm pretty sure they knew Anna was knocked up on the Bigot Bus Tour. She would have been getting sick all over the place in those early weeks. We know these people test before they even miss a period. I imagine they cooked up the pregnancy test at Jill's to make it look a little more "normal."

eta: Also, what would Jill be doing with pregnancy tests? She who needed to go to the TTH to take one of MICHELLE's tests to confirm Baby Dilly? It's not as if she's needed any tests at her place, or will need them any time soon.

Edited by Sew Sumi

I hope it as a boy.

I bet nobody cares whose pregnant anymore.

Jessa Anna and Jill will all be pregnant together.

It's like everytime when Anna has sex she takes a damn test. Just enjoy having sex

I just don't understand why so early? Do they need ratings

• Love 1

I agree nobody cares much. They have to get to at least ten before people care again. Four is not that weird. 

I'm surprised they announced before the second trimester, given Anna has miscarried before (in my experience it increases the chances she'll miscarry again.)

Given she's nine weeks, you'd think she'd have noticed no monthly gift.  Maybe they just waited for the whole family to be present. 

I agree Mason seems right, but then also Malachi, Matthew, or Moses. For girls, Michelle, Mary, Mia, Madison, or Miriam. 

I agree nobody cares much. They have to get to at least ten before people care again. Four is not that weird.

I'm surprised they announced before the second trimester, given Anna has miscarried before (in my experience it increases the chances she'll miscarry again.)

Given she's nine weeks, you'd think she'd have noticed no monthly gift. Maybe they just waited for the whole family to be present.

I agree Mason seems right, but then also Malachi, Matthew, or Moses. For girls, Michelle, Mary, Mia, Madison, or Miriam.

Ooooo. Madyson.

No, she's 9 weeks now (plus, they were in Florida for Thanksgiving). The test was confirmed (they said they told family after Jessa's wedding) at Jill's. That said, I'm pretty sure they knew Anna was knocked up on the Bigot Bus Tour. She would have been getting sick all over the place in those early weeks. We know these people test before they even miss a period. I imagine they cooked up the pregnancy test at Jill's to make it look a little more "normal."

eta: Also, what would Jill be doing with pregnancy tests? She who needed to go to the TTH to take one of MICHELLE's tests to confirm Baby Dilly? It's not as if she's needed any tests at her place, or will need them any time soon.

From the sound of things, they test the morning after.  EVERY morning after.  Is there some kind of prize for finding out soonest?

If she's 9 weeks now, then she wasn't pregnant during the Chigaco trip, which someone said was back in August. But, man, if she really is only 9 weeks then that's crazy early to announce so publicly. But it depends on when the video was filmed, whenever that 9 weeks was.

Wow, during the announcement, Josh is not looking too healthy. Not making fun of him at all, but he just looks unwell overall.

If it's a girl, Maggie or Maria would be cool!  Marshall for a boy!

Edited by purpleflowers

They could have taped last week before they left for Florida or Monday after they returned (the Dullards taped their last announcement on a Saturday, but I'm pretty sure Smuganna were still in Florida).

It wouldn't be hard for TLC's producers to tell Anna to calculate her pregnancy term to what it would be on December 2 when they planned to air the spot.

• Love 1

From the sound of things, they test the morning after.  EVERY morning after.  Is there some kind of prize for finding out soonest?

I reckon the [married] Duggar women genuinely believe that it's compulsory to test for pregnancy every time you urinate.

• Love 4

"After Ben and Jessa's wedding, we were still visiting with the family in Arkansas, and that was really exciting to get to share with the family the exciting news."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/anna-duggar-pregnant-josh-duggars-wife-expecting-fourth-child-2014312#ixzz3KqMQe5j4

Come to think of it, I did think she looked pregnant and hiding it in the picture of her and Josh from Jessa's wedding. 

So, if Ben and Jessa were married on November 1st, how far along was she at that time, 4 weeks??  I think her 9 weeks announcement today is a lie, I believe she's further along than that.

This will be the first born since they moved, right? That should be interesting. They live in MD now which does not allow for the legal practice of lay or direct entry midwives. You must use a Certified nurse midwife which has many more regulations than what they are used to. I wonder if that will be a problem for them.

This will be the first born since they moved, right? That should be interesting. They live in MD now which does not allow for the legal practice of lay or direct entry midwives. You must use a Certified nurse midwife which has many more regulations than what they are used to. I wonder if that will be a problem for them.

i don't think so.  In the video Anna says that they are also weighing in the option of a hospital birth.

As long as they are happy, good for them.  I suspect this one may be a reality check though, especially being so far away from family.  And travelling with 4 little ones will be no picnic, that is sure, so trips home may become fewer and far between.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 3