Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

Who is Anna trying to convince other than herself?  If she wants to forgive Josh and stay with him and spawn with him every other year, fine.  Do so and quietly live your life. But all the praising him to the skies on social media is ridiculous.  She’s still chasing the image of the Perfect Christian Family that she lost in 2015 when it all came crashing down.

I would almost feel sorry for her if she’d quit having bandaid babies.  But she just keeps making more kids to be part of this mess.

I can't decide if Anna's really that naive or if she's sticking her head in the sand because she can't handle reality.

Josh hasn't been redeemed. He's keeping his nose clean because his survival is entirely dependent upon Boob's good will. He can't afford to be kicked to the curb with no skills, no education and six kids to support.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Josh and Anna go on ALL the trips. So wtf does he even do for a living? Anna’s kids are in every picture of everything that happens with the parents. 

If I'm not mistaken the St Louis Zoo is free, so that's something I guess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I like how Anna chose to group Josh’s picture next to a reptile and snake. 

When, not if, Josh pulls more shady shit and it goes public, Anna is going to completely snap. I have a little sympathy for her since she professes to have known the kind of person Josh was and married him anyway. 

• Love 5
On 7/31/2019 at 7:27 PM, Sew Sumi said:

This set comes with a sex pest alert. Dude has no hair left.

For all of the snarkworthy things about Anna, she definitely knows how to dress herself and kids for the time, place, and occasion. Hannie, Jenny, and Jordyn look so strange to me. Hannie is super casual, like she wishes she could wear shorts and go for a "just finished basketball practice" look. Jenni's dress looks way too formal and flowy for a day trip to the zoo. IMO it would be better suited for church, or even playing dress up as a fairy. Jordyn's material, on the other hand, looks so heavy. She gives the impression of someone who is going to the mountains in the summer, but still wants to look mountain-y.

The duggar family has noooooo sense of what's appropriate to wear in certain situations. See: Jessa, who dolls herself up to sit at home on a random day, and then wears a casual top and jean skirt to her husband's community college graduation. Jeremy has helped Jinger, and Jill actually seems to somewhat be figuring out when something is too casual or formal for an event (not saying her clothes look good, but she seems to have been doing better distinguishing between what you wear certain places vs others). Anna does seem to have an idea of what is appropriate to wear in different situations, and she and all of her kids look fine to go to the zoo (though Kenzie doesn't need the modest leggings). 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Christina87 said:

For all of the snarkworthy things about Anna, she definitely knows how to dress herself and kids for the time, place, and occasion. Hannie, Jenny, and Jordyn look so strange to me. Hannie is super casual, like she wishes she could wear shorts and go for a "just finished basketball practice" look. Jenni's dress looks way too formal and flowy for a day trip to the zoo. IMO it would be better suited for church, or even playing dress up as a fairy. Jordyn's material, on the other hand, looks so heavy. She gives the impression of someone who is going to the mountains in the summer, but still wants to look mountain-y.

The duggar family has noooooo sense of what's appropriate to wear in certain situations. See: Jessa, who dolls herself up to sit at home on a random day, and then wears a casual top and jean skirt to her husband's community college graduation. Jeremy has helped Jinger, and Jill actually seems to somewhat be figuring out when something is too casual or formal for an event (not saying her clothes look good, but she seems to have been doing better distinguishing between what you wear certain places vs others). Anna does seem to have an idea of what is appropriate to wear in different situations, and she and all of her kids look fine to go to the zoo (though Kenzie doesn't need the modest leggings). 

Anna was just as clueless as the others until they were in Washington and she had to go to functions with "worldly" people. Probably the only time in her life she needed to look normal and, suddenly she developed a fashion sense. At least she gets to keep THAT. 

Poor Johanna looks so uncomfortable with the way she's changing. Always with the baggy shirts and hunched over. I'm sure she's not getting a lot of support weathering this new season of life and adjusting to her Nike body from her checked-out bio mom and overworked sister mom. There are probably a whole lot of things she's no longer allowed to do now that she's a "woman" (I've heard fundies don't subscribe to the concept of adolescence). I want to give her a hug, get her a good bra and help her believe she's beautiful.

• Love 24
33 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

I want to give her a hug, get her a good bra and help her believe she's beautiful.

That’s so kind of you and probably just what she needs. OR she might prefer to look dowdy in front of Josh to keep him from unpure thoughts and goodness forbid actions. Not that is anyone’s place to keep him in check. That’s on him. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That’s so kind of you and probably just what she needs. OR she might prefer to look dowdy in front of Josh to keep him from unpure thoughts and goodness forbid actions. Not that is anyone’s place to keep him in check. That’s on him. 

🤢🤮 Curse you! I wasn't thinking that way. 

(But I've noticed this in so many recent pictures, so I'm grossed out but I'm not dissuaded.)

Edited by mimionthebeach
On 8/2/2019 at 12:22 PM, Christina87 said:

For all of the snarkworthy things about Anna, she definitely knows how to dress herself and kids for the time, place, and occasion. Hannie, Jenny, and Jordyn look so strange to me.  <snipped>

Thanks for pointing out that was Jordan.  I couldn't place her.  I guess Jana is too busy helping her sisters with their babies so Hannie, Jennifer and Jordan are now recruited to helping Anna with her crew.  Hope they got to participate in some fun things too.  

1 minute ago, Libby96 said:

Why would Anna get rid of children’s clothing at a consignment sale?  If the plan is to pop out as many babies as humanly possible, she will have plenty of people to continue wearing those clothes for the foreseeable future.

....aaaaannnd they don't go to school, so why the big excitement over back-to-school clothes and school supplies?

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

There is something rather condescending in the text of that post by Anna.  Her choice to put tax free in quotation marks really rubs me the wrong way.  I don't know exactly what was on the list for tax free items, but for many working families the savings is significant.  Anna seems clueless to this.  Must be nice having Josh's daddy as a backup plan. 

A consignment sale in addition to the savings from a tax free weekend can really help people, but her word choice seems off.  Parents can save at the sale, but there are things like socks and underwear that needs to be bought new.  Also, the sale is over a month away.  

• Love 6

I hate to defend anything about Smugs family, but perhaps it's in quotes because it's not really tax free. Only certain items qualify and only if you spend less than a certain amount. So it's nice to have but you have to be careful how you use it for sure. 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I hate to defend anything about Smugs family, but perhaps it's in quotes because it's not really tax free. Only certain items qualify and only if you spend less than a certain amount. So it's nice to have but you have to be careful how you use it for sure. 

I just looked up the policy, and it really is tax free on a list of items including clothing, shoes, school supplies and textbooks.  The limits are pretty reasonable as well--clothing items under $100.  I don't know the sales tax for Arkansas, but it can potentially save the parents some money.  And, for many families a savings of $5-10 on school supplies and clothes for the kids can go a long way.  

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If I have the county correct, the TTH is in Washington where the sales tax is 10.50%.

6549AFF3-CDE6-454D-B447-B9817E38C666.jpeg

Quite frankly that is ridiculously regressive.  I looked it up and Arkansas also has state income tax.  I'm going to have to assume that their property taxes are low.  

So Tax Free Weekend is really save 10% in some areas.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Quite frankly that is ridiculously regressive.  I looked it up and Arkansas also has state income tax.  I'm going to have to assume that their property taxes are low.  

So Tax Free Weekend is really save 10% in some areas.  

Yeah property taxes tend to be pretty low around here. 

9 hours ago, drafan said:

....aaaaannnd they don't go to school, so why the big excitement over back-to-school clothes and school supplies?

She home schools.  Despite her flaws, she may instill some excitement in a new school year by buying new school supplies and clothes for her brood.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

She home schools.  Despite her flaws, she may instill some excitement in a new school year by buying new school supplies and clothes for her brood.  

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if she still does back-to-school shopping for supplies. A lot of homeschoolers I know do. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I hope she does. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If I have the county correct, the TTH is in Washington where the sales tax is 10.50%.

6549AFF3-CDE6-454D-B447-B9817E38C666.jpeg

WOW!  So sales tax is a lot higher in this low tax state than the one I live where conservatives are always talking about our high taxes.  

• Love 1
On 8/5/2019 at 11:28 PM, fonfereksglen said:

I was thinking, this/a sense of ceremony would probably be the principle.  Marking their own quiet little milestones, etc.

• Love 1

Is that picture taken at family camp? What a room full of sullen looking beta males , with Jim Bob hovering behind them. Josh’s boys look terrified.  90% of the body language of those men screams help me. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Ugh, Man Camp. I shudder.

It's not that I have a problem with the guys in a family hanging out or the girls having a night out. I shudder when thinking of what they're being taught because they're males and what manly interpretation of "God's Word" they're hearing.

I shudder.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Duggars seem to be the camp's best customers. And you know it's all comped. How do the Forsyths make any money? It's not as if the place was packed.

It's mid-August in Arkansas. I checked weather.com for Fort Rock's location. Looks like highs in the low 90's with fairly high relative humidity. Probably not peak tourist season so a good time to host the grifting in-laws. I doubt Mr. Forsyth would have turned away paying customers to host herp-derp JB's crew for free or cheap. 

Although come to think of it, the place sounds kind of grim. It might appeal to serious fundies. But if its main appeal is to the fundies who have a quiverfull of kids, only one modest income to stretch to cover the family living expenses, and not much if anything left over to take the family out to some fundie dude ranch? That's not a great business plan, although apparently Forsyth has been making a go of it, with all his free family labor. I wonder if Joy's expected to pitch in now that she's one of the family. Wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 5

She was there during Man Week. 

Also, in one of Smuggar's pics, there's a group of boys sitting behind the young Duggars. This week(end?) wasn't set up exclusively for Boob and his progeny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

In every picture, except the one where he’s riding the horse, that older boy looks so anxious like he’s just waiting to make a wrong move and get in trouble for it. Poor boy. I hope he enjoyed that horseback ride.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

What do they do at woman camp? Give each other social media tips and the best places to find early pregnancy tests?

How to stare at your headship adoringly even when he's saying the dumbest things.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Duggars seem to be the camp's best customers. And you know it's all comped. How do the Forsyths make any money? It's not as if the place was packed.

The Forsyths were involved in the Greece missioncation with Lauren Caldwell, Jason, and Madi Nicole. I imagine they were compensated accordingly for herding a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds and keeping them from sinning. Plus they host a lot of "retreats" at Fort Rock and rely on seemingly free labor. This year's schedule looks barren compared to previous years though. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I wonder if Man Camp is part of Dwain Swanson's (Si's father in-law) and Will Peters's (Michelle's nephew) ministry. It's the first I heard of "Man Camp".  Their ministry is called "Courageous Men of the Word". Will Peters mentions it in his biography:

"Recently I was encouraged by Dwain and some of my brothers in our group after a man camp to step out in faith and move 450 miles away from home to do the job of my dreams. So I prayed about it and felt the Lords hand of direction on our family. I now work on airplanes installing avionics removing old instruments and updating the airplane with the latest equipment. Previously during the day I worked at a drainage pipe manufacturing company, working in the machine shop. I programmed and ran a CNC milling machine making specialty parts for the equipment used in the manufacturing of corrugated plastic pipe.

I grew up on a small farm in south western Ohio about 40 miles outside Cincinnati. We raised animals and crops.

My parents were new Christians coming to know the Lord while in high school. When I was young my mother was my Sunday school teacher and one Sunday in the summer at the age of 6 years old, because of a message she taught from the Bible, I realized that I was a sinner headed for Hell, I repented of my sin and was saved. Later on in my high school years after a missionary came and spoke at our church and I felt like the Lord was leading to study and go to the mission field. So I went to a Christian college and studied Missionary Aviation. I received my mechanics and pilots licenses. After school things didn’t happen the way you would expect and because of some life changing events I didn’t go to the mission field. It took me awhile to realize that God plans are better than any of my plans. He allowed the circumstances in my life to mould me and shape me into an instrument to be used for his service.

I’m thankful to the Lord for a loving wife (Angela) and four children he has blessed me with. Luke, Jacob, Evan, and Emily. One of my favorite verses tells of God’s power.

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

You might say the answer to this verse is found in Matthew 19:26 (another favorite verse), but Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
I love the hope these verses give us in the seemingly impossible situations of our life."

Can someone forward this testimony to Timothy Rodrigues? He confidently skins over what the life circumstances were that stalled his aviation career. I'm betting on wife at 21, first baby at 22. Second at 23…

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

I was young my mother was my Sunday school teacher and one Sunday in the summer at the age of 6 years old, because of a message she taught from the Bible, I realized that I was a sinner headed for Hell, I repented of my sin and was saved.

I wonder what the message was that she taught and what sort of sin a 6 year old committed that convinced them they were headed for Hell? 

• Love 1