Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I wonder if they would bring out what Smuggar did wasn't really bad and if it was really bad then why was he allowed to be around his kids?

I'm waiting for the it-happens-in-all-families defense. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Is there a possibility than any family secrets of the Duggar Empire could be revealed in court in relation to this case? If so, I think that even though the show has been cancelled again, Josh would take a plea deal in order to keep from going to trial and releasing any skeletons. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Is there a possibility than any family secrets of the Duggar Empire could be revealed in court in relation to this case? If so, I think that even though the show has been cancelled again, Josh would take a plea deal in order to keep from going to trial and releasing any skeletons. 

I cannot picture any scenario where family secrets would be relevant to the case.  Federal prosecutors are not going to dilly dally, they will stick to the pertinent facts and be done with it.  I also do not think Josh gives a fig about the family or any secrets they're keeping and would be more than happy to throw the whole clan under the bus if he thought it would help him.  I do think Josh is not above trying to point the finger at Josiah who was working at the same car lot on occasion; but it wouldn't be a family secret, it would be perjury on Josh' part to save his own hide.

On TV, the surprise witness with the amazing revelation shows up all the time; in real life, trials are virtually rehearsed and choreographed.  There are not going to be any major surprises with this one.

• Love 10
On 9/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, Rabbittron said:

I wonder if they would bring out what Smuggar did wasn't really bad and if it was really bad then why was he allowed to be around his kids?

Even the shittiest of parent’s frequently have some level of “rights” to their children - sometimes with horrifying results despite restrictions, supervision, etc  Also, at the moment he’s presumed innocent  things may get more restrictive If he is convicted but I’ll bet he won’t be cut off completely from his children  

12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Still no baby M announcement. 

We want to know her name!

Miss Fortune. 

On 9/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, BigBingerBro said:

Oh great - more of this!!

yfkcwcravcw61.jpg

Emmett Kelly’s illegitimate drug addict son. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 9/5/2021 at 9:14 PM, beckie said:

Josh isn't dumb. If he really didn't want those other kids, there are ways he could have prevented it on the sly. He knew having the other kids was his duty and since he didn't have to take care of them, probably didn't really care. 

I know....he is the patriarch of HIS family and what the man says goes, he just had to say it to anna....I bet when they married him off they thought it was going to solve ALL the sexual problems he was having, they were so so wrong 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I found this while procrastinating grading by cruising the Internet, and it struck me that it would work for Smuggar, several other Duggars and a number of Duggar-adjacent:

there’s another magnificent German word, Backpfeifengesicht, which means “face in need of a fist” or “face that looks like it needs to be punched.

I have no earthly idea how to say that, but it sure does fit.  

My mother was German, and how I wish I had learned at least the cuss words from her!  I love your word above, and I would definitely apply it to most of the Duggars and adjacents, especially the men, and most certainly Smuggar.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

Backpfeifengesicht

My guess based on sauerkraut juice running through my veins is

beck-FIFen-gehsickt.

General rule is when E and I go walking, the second one does the talking, so it's a long I sound on the fei. Emphasis on the second syllable.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

I found this while procrastinating grading by cruising the Internet, and it struck me that it would work for Smuggar, several other Duggars and a number of Duggar-adjacent:

there’s another magnificent German word, Backpfeifengesicht, which means “face in need of a fist” or “face that looks like it needs to be punched.

Funny, the first person I thought of was RFP and his insufferable shoes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Fosca said:

I love the German language. How to say it

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

My guess based on sauerkraut juice running through my veins is

beck-FIFen-gehsickt.

General rule is when E and I go walking, the second one does the talking, so it's a long I sound on the fei. Emphasis on the second syllable.

I learned that pronunciation rule in a German class in college, and it has served me well ever since, especially with deciphering German surnames! 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Fosca said:

6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Funny, the first person I thought of was RFP and his insufferable shoes.

First applied to RFP in May 

But the Duggars have plenty of punchable faces, so Backpfeifengesicht all around!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

First applied to RFP in May 

But the Duggars have plenty of punchable faces, so Backpfeifengesicht all around!

does anyone know remember  jake wilson the young guy who did a pod casts earlier this year he was a friend of josh in the past  and criticized jim bob for continuing to protect josh.....This young man was molested and at some  point he told josh  and josh went and told the molester that his victim was talking....he died  in a motorcycle accident in Hawaii he was not wearing a helmet and he  had a  very young child.....the pod casts you could tell he had been drinking  had a drinking problem  and who wouldn't being raised in that cult....I hope he is at peace

• Useful 1
30 minutes ago, sue450 said:

does anyone know remember  jake wilson the young guy who did a pod casts earlier this year he was a friend of josh in the past  and criticized jim bob for continuing to protect josh.....This young man was molested and at some  point he told josh  and josh went and told the molester that his victim was talking....he died  in a motorcycle accident in Hawaii he was not wearing a helmet and he  had a  very young child.....the pod casts you could tell he had been drinking  had a drinking problem  and who wouldn't being raised in that cult....I hope he is at peace

It was mentioned in the Sweet Fellowship thread.

6 hours ago, sue450 said:

I don’t think it’s the same person. The “I Pray You Put This Journal Away” guy’s name is Justin. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, sue450 said:

This accident was actually a different guy -- who also talked about Jim Bob's ill-advised long-term favoring of Josh this spring. He did it in a video, I think. .... I have a vague memory of him sitting in a car or a truck and talking about it....Maybe it was on Instagram? or youtube? 

Anyway, his name is Jacob. ... And his father is Clark Wilson, who helped JB with his house, back in the early TV days. 

This is a story about what Jacob Wilson said this spring -- https://dailysoapdish.com/2021/05/counting-on-jim-bob-duggar-called-out-told-to-stop-covering-for-son-josh-duggar/

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, MrsKravitz said:

I don’t think it’s the same person. The “I Pray You Put This Journal Away” guy’s name is Justin. 

Yes, and I don’t recall him sounding the slightest bit drunk in his podcasts as previously mentioned. I think the stories of these two men somehow became intertwined. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, MrsKravitz said:

The man who died in the motorcycle crash  was  Jacob "jake" wilson  he did criticize jim bob for protecting josh....the person who did the podcast "I pray you put the journal away"  is named jacob 

thanks  for correcting me

Yes, Justin did the podcast. I thought there were only 3 but I looked it up and there were 2 more.  They really are interesting and lots of insight into the cult/religion lifestyle of the Duggars. It gave me empathy for the kids, even a tiny bit for Josh until he revealed how awful he was by betraying his "friend".  What chaos to grow up in.  The discussion on trauma and the cult is interesting.  They are long but worth a listen.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WxY0ZaULwItr3YXqxTAWQ

I recall the video of the Jake/Jacob. After seeing it I had to go look at his page and he seemed to have a lot of struggles and anger but also was trying to live life hard and fast. Hope he found peace. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Anna has 1 million followers on Instagram. Wow.

Seriously? For what? What on earth makes her interesting enough to have ANY followers, let alone 1 million? Please explain this to me like I am stupid.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, sue450 said:

..the person who did the podcast "I pray you put the journal away"  is named jacob

This is (still) incorrect. The person who did the “I pray you put this journal away” podcast is named Justin. 

Edited by Lukeysboat
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Seriously? For what? What on earth makes her interesting enough to have ANY followers, let alone 1 million? Please explain this to me like I am stupid.

Some of them are undoubtedly hate followers. I am part of the problem. *hangs head in shame*

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Some of them are undoubtedly hate followers. I am part of the problem. *hangs head in shame*

I suspect that some of the 1 million are there figuring it is only a matter of time until Joshly is sent up the river and they wanna see Anna lose her tenuous grip on reality.  I'd imagine a significant number of media types are also keeping an eye on her just to see what she might post as events unfold.  I doubt she'll ever give an interview.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I think the question that still exists, at least for me, is did the Justin of the podcasts have any interaction with the guy who died in the accident?

I doubt it.

Seemed pretty clear to me from both of them that they were speaking entirely for themselves. 

Both were kids when Josh was a teenage boy and both their families were involved in some church or IBLP thing along with the Duggars. But I don't think it's very likely that they were involved in the same thing with the Duggars or at exactly the same time.

Justin indicated that his family were for a somewhat limited period of time -- maybe a year or two -- in a home church the Duggars had -- so that's how he observed things. I think Jacob's family must have had some IBLP involvement at some point, because his dad did some kind of construction-related work for both the Duggs and the Bateses, I think. 

Justin's some years older than Jacob was, too, I believe. 

Looks to me as if it's just that both of them saw the interaction between JB-and-M and the Golden Son over some period when Josh was a kid. And neither liked what they saw.... Maybe their parents talked about it at home, too...... Who knows? And then when the stuff happened this spring, they hearkened back to seeing Smuggar and his Attitude canonized by his parents when he was a kid, and they saw the likelihood that it was still going on.......and their memories disturbed them. 

They also both seem to come from more rational, less arrogant, less insular, less self-involved and non-fame-whore-y families compared to the Duggars, too. Which could explain a lot, I think....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

I suspect that some of the 1 million are there figuring it is only a matter of time until Joshly is sent up the river and they wanna see Anna lose her tenuous grip on reality.  I'd imagine a significant number of media types are also keeping an eye on her just to see what she might post as events unfold.  I doubt she'll ever give an interview.

I think that's part of it for some people, but for more long-term snarkers, it's really just a matter of convenience. That way, you don't have to go individually check each fundie's profile, which can be time-consuming. Following them means their stupidity pops up on your feed without any further effort from you, and you get notifications. Truthfully, I ignore most of the notifications. Except for Hilaria's. LOL I always have to see what she's posting. 

It's especially streamlined for me because I literally just have an Instagram profile for the sole purpose of snarking fundies and sleuthing true crime stuff. The only account I follow unironically is Sturgill Simpson. 😆 So, I don't have anything else drowning out the fundies or have to worry about people who know me drawing incorrect conclusions about the weird conglomeration of accounts I follow.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

She posts so many hateful things, I’m surprised. Although I’m sure many are hate followers.

14 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't think Anna has had the baby. She wasn't due until 'fall" and it's not fall yet. I think she's out of the picture, because she's trying to avoid the publicity. 

Good. I would be perfectly happy if she had the baby and we never heard a word about it. I don’t care about its name or what it looks like. Yawn.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Good. I would be perfectly happy if she had the baby and we never heard a word about it. I don’t care about its name or what it looks like. Yawn.

Me too. I hope the baby arrives safely, but I can't muster any joy for a child born into an absolute clusterfuck of dysfunction.

• Love 14

Prosecutors responded to the defense motions today.

Quick warning that their response to the Bit Torrent/Frank Hearing motion contains very graphic and disturbing textual descriptions of child sexual abuse, so if you are planning on reading them - and I did - I would advise using more caution than I did.

• Useful 7

I listened to WOACB breaking down all the documents except the Bit Torrent one (a mere 200 pages). Emily D. Baker was off today, but I expect her to weigh in on her Tuesday show.

Everything the government did was aboveboard. They got a bit sassy at times in their responses. 

The judge set up a hearing sometime in October to go through everything, so I don't expect that to be canceled for an earlier ruling even though the government got its responses in on time. 

eta: The Feds offered a plea deal of 10 years. Smuggar obviously didn't take it, but that means he's potentially looking at close to the full 20 years! 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 10
  • Love 7

It seems like Josh’s lawyers were making some big deal about his hands being photographed at time of arrest, and later I noticeable scar on his left hand showed up in some media on his phone. Make of that what you Will? The icky implication being that he might’ve made some of his own content.

1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

It seems like Josh’s lawyers were making some big deal about his hands being photographed at time of arrest, and later I noticeable scar on his left hand showed up in some media on his phone. Make of that what you Will? The icky implication being that he might’ve made some of his own content.

I think it  has to do with the pictures he accidentally took of hands at his desk while he was downloading CP.  We always joke that it's hard to put the suspect behind the computer, but this time, he's literally behind the computer.  Josh is so screwed.

• Useful 7
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I think it  has to do with the pictures he accidentally took of hands at his desk while he was downloading CP.  We always joke that it's hard to put the suspect behind the computer, but this time, he's literally behind the computer.  Josh is so screwed.

That is such a relief. It seems they put a lot of work into identifying his hands so it must be something crucial to the case. I’m sure he probably got a shot in his face, hands, and everything else, looking at the monitor that was full of abuse images. What a fucking dumbass.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Yes, that's exactly what it was. The defense tried to say that Smuggar did not consent to having his hands photographed at the police station, but the prosecution countered that he did give consent.

And yes, after hearing the Feds' responses to Smuggar's motions, he's up a creek without a paddle.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 14