Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On December 30, 2016 at 3:49 PM, GeeGolly said:

Okay this is all kinds of fucked up. I only hope that Jana does not believe this and that is why she is not married.

I hope Ben does not idolize this guy.

A quote from Voddie Baucham:

“A lot of men are leaving their wives for younger women because they yearn for attention from younger women. And God gave them a daughter who can give them that. And instead they go find a substitute daughter….you’ve seen it, we’ve all seen it. These old guys going and finding these substitute daughters.”

Eww.

That's all. 

• Love 6

• Spoiler

@my people are Nordic  don't know why this post is screwed up but just wanted to reply to your post.  That's downright advocating incest, and I just don't see it any other way.  What a creep, worthy of jail.

• Love 3

I LOVE playing I Spy, so here goes.....

You forgot the crystal decanter of Blue Curacao by the sink....

That Voodoo guy's comment on using your daughters for companionship rather than getting a  20 year old side piece (comment: only rich old guys can get a young side piece, dummy, not your fat fundamentalist ass):  I think he was talking more like those guys in the Purity Ring and Purity Ball specials are.  Your daughter is your own special chattel  to safeguard.  I didn't get an incest vibe from his wording.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I'm so disgusted by the all day toddler spanking sessions guy - no respect at all for Bin for being associated in any way with that evil phony.  

Unfortunately in Bin's world, non-evil non-phonies are thin on the ground. Really makes me wonder how he'll develop as he grows older. He's such a little dimwit. On the other hand, here and there he seems to have some good impulses, even occasionally a thoughtful impulse.

So will he become more like the rotten hypocrites that he currently probably looks up to? Will he notice that they're rotten hypocrites? (I suppose not, since that'd require some recognition that Jizm Bob is much the same ..., but who knows...) Will he give up the impossible climb he'd face onto the actual evil hypocrite tower and switch to some other job aspiration? Will he become some kind of useful idiot for them? Or what? He'll have to seek work throughout his life. So ultimately he'll have to take some kind of stand toward this particular work gang ... Unless they just dump him because of his inability to speak and the eventual cancellation of the show, I suppose ...

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

OMG. I did not even notice that. Sheesh.

I did . I was contemplating to make a joke about Jesus leaving his clothes behind and running off naked  in shock because of that lame birthday party with no alcohol and no access to water to turn it into wine . But then the joke sort of became less funny when I tried to word it .

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Unfortunately in Bin's world, non-evil non-phonies are thin on the ground. Really makes me wonder how he'll develop as he grows older. He's such a little dimwit. On the other hand, here and there he seems to have some good impulses, even occasionally a thoughtful impulse.

So will he become more like the rotten hypocrites that he currently probably looks up to? Will he notice that they're rotten hypocrites? (I suppose not, since that'd require some recognition that Jizm Bob is much the same ..., but who knows...) Will he give up the impossible climb he'd face onto the actual evil hypocrite tower and switch to some other job aspiration? Will he become some kind of useful idiot for them? Or what? He'll have to seek work throughout his life. So ultimately he'll have to take some kind of stand toward this particular work gang ... Unless they just dump him because of his inability to speak and the eventual cancellation of the show, I suppose ...

I'll vote for useful idiot. It worked for Smugger until he blew it. Of course, Bin might blow it too. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'll vote for useful idiot. It worked for Smugger until he blew it. Of course, Bin might blow it too. 

I bet Bin wishes someone would blow it. I'll see myself out...

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

The name is Tozer is so bad that it makes Spurgeon look like a fabulous name. 

Ah yes.  Tozer also known as Tozer the Tozerian, Tozer the Destructor, Tozer the Traveler, Volguus Zildrohar and Lord of the Sebouillia

6bea5097b665fdbe81cc33a6454b0ca8.jpg

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Andalusian said:

Ah yes.  Tozer also known as Tozer the Tozerian, Tozer the Destructor, Tozer the Traveler, Volguus Zildrohar and Lord of the Sebouillia

Omg thank you!  I thought I was the only one who heard this when I read "Tozer"!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Andalusian said:

Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Tozer sounds like an acquaintance of Gilgamesh or something.

I think it's absolutely atrocious.  Are they seriously thinking of naming Seewald Spawn 2.0 this? I guess the next letter will be U for 3.0?  Tozer's first name, Aiden is a nice name, but I guess they have to show us how well read and pseudo intellectual they are by naming their kids after obtuse 19th century preachers.

Can you imagine the ridicule and nicknames this kid would get...hey, Toe, come over here!!!!

• Love 2

Toe and Spur, cute.  They won't get teased because they will never be around other kids.  They deserve ridicule because they allowed themselves to be born into this family.  They should have told the stork, hell to the no, I won't go.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe this is Bin's way of secretly naming his children after a collection of fetishes.

Bbbbbbut feet aren't sexual!!! Feets is feets!

That said, both she and Jill quit posting pics of their feet once Wikifeet got hold of them, but I guess being the competitive minx that Jessa is, she probably liked it that she got more adoration than Jill did.

From what I've seen on TV and online, foot fetishism can get creepy real fast, and I'm far from prudish or sheltered. I wouldn't want my feet on Wikifeet, that's for sure.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think it's absolutely atrocious.  Are they seriously thinking of naming Seewald Spawn 2.0 this? I guess the next letter will be U for 3.0?  Tozer's first name, Aiden is a nice name, but I guess they have to show us how well read and pseudo intellectual they are by naming their kids after obtuse 19th century preachers.

Can you imagine the ridicule and nicknames this kid would get...hey, Toe, come over here!!!!

Well, they had the option of naming the first one Charles after Charles Spurgeon, but that wasn't neat, special and precious enough for them. It's all about what will get you the most attention. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 7

Now, somehow, I have "Moses Supposes" stuck in my head: Moses supposes his toeses are roses....A Mose is a Mose, 'cause it rhymes with Toes..." It's all perfectly Biblical to boot (no pun actually intended on that last bit, but, heck, I'll take it anyway)

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Well, they had the option of naming the first one Charles after Charles Spurgeon, but that wasn't neat, special and precious enough for them. It's all about what will get you the most attention. 

Seriously. This. Charles Spurgeon Seewald would have been just fine. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I suppose that, besides the specialness, Bin figured that if Spurgeon were the middle name, nobody'd hear it and they wouldn't get credit for giving their kid such a holy moniker. .... Tozer's full name is Aiden Wilson Tozer, so they have perfectly good other choices there, too. Aiden Tozer Seewald works for me, too. But he won't do it because it doesn't wave the flag of Bin's theology expertise high enough, I suppose.

• Love 7

Are they really tossing around the name Tozer or is Jessa just trolling? Please tell me she's trolling. It's bad enough one adorable little chubster is saddled with Spurgeon. I didn't think it could possibly get any worse until now.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

That was actually my pick in the pool. Since I was the only one who got Spurgeon in any form, I guess I won?

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Are they really tossing around the name Tozer or is Jessa just trolling? Please tell me she's trolling. It's bad enough one adorable little chubster is saddled with Spurgeon. I didn't think it could possibly get any worse until now.

I don't know. Here's Wikipedia on Tozer. And I can see him being a guy that Bin would really really really hope to emulate:

"In 1919, five years after his conversion and without formal theological training, Tozer accepted an offer to pastor his first church. That began 44 years of ministry, associated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA), a Protestant Evangelical denomination, 33 served as a pastor in a number of churches. His first pastorate was in a small storefront church in Nutter Fort, West Virginia. Tozer also served as pastor for 30 years at Southside Alliance Church, in Chicago (1928 to 1959), and the final years of his life were spent as pastor of Avenue Road Church, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In observing contemporary Christian living, he felt the church was on a dangerous course toward compromising with "worldly" concerns.

"Born into poverty, Tozer was self-educated, due to his home situation, and he taught himself what he missed in high school and college.[2] In 1950, Tozer received an honorary Doctor of Letters degree from Wheaton College."

Seems ominous to me. ;  )

• Love 5

His first job as a pastor was at Nutter Fort....

Bin is already a nutter.  Tozer at least had an excuse for an incomplete education as in his time school systems weren't yet organized and many rural schools offered at best the equivalent of a 6th grade education. Bin had no such excuse for an inadequate education, save his parents' love of fundamentalism. Even though Bin is a mouth breathing rube, he at least realizes he needs a proper education.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know. Here's Wikipedia on Tozer. And I can see him being a guy that Bin would really really really hope to emulate:

"In 1919, five years after his conversion and without formal theological training, Tozer accepted an offer to pastor his first church. That began 44 years of ministry, associated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA), a Protestant Evangelical denomination, 33 served as a pastor in a number of churches. His first pastorate was in a small storefront church in Nutter Fort, West Virginia. Tozer also served as pastor for 30 years at Southside Alliance Church, in Chicago (1928 to 1959), and the final years of his life were spent as pastor of Avenue Road Church, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In observing contemporary Christian living, he felt the church was on a dangerous course toward compromising with "worldly" concerns.

"Born into poverty, Tozer was self-educated, due to his home situation, and he taught himself what he missed in high school and college.[2] In 1950, Tozer received an honorary Doctor of Letters degree from Wheaton College."

Seems ominous to me. ;  )

Good old Wheaton. Apparently, they'll give anyone a degree. That's Gothard's alma mater. I bet this guy was Gothard's mentor, and that Gothardites learn about this guy in the Wisdumb Books.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Good old Wheaton. Apparently, they'll give anyone a degree. That's Gothard's alma mater. I bet this guy was Gothard's mentor, and that Gothardites learn about this guy in the Wisdumb Books.

Figured Gothard didn't make up all his ideas in a vacuum. I guess he cherry picked his theology from those whose ideas he liked best.

3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Saaydya means Gods helper 

Samoel means Gods name 

After all they have to continue the S theme.

Subsidy Seewald. Subscribe YouTube Seewald. She-child Seewald. Seabreeze Seewald. C.C. Seewald.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Andalusian said:
16 hours ago, Marigold said:

The name is Tozer is so bad that it makes Spurgeon look like a fabulous name. 

So glad I wasn't the only one who thought of this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Actually, I don't think so. This guy isn't very Gothard-y at all, as far as I can tell. This guy is pretty down-to-earth and plainspoken and relatively logical even, whereas Gothard's a pseudo-intellectual snob who enjoys twisting language to suit his own sick purposes.  I'm pretty sure he and Gothard had zero to do with each other.

I wouldn't characterize Wheaton that way, actually. Seems to me their hallmark is more schizophrenic than that -- They've both graduated and employed many many many quite responsible and intellectually solid conservative Christians over the years, but then they also turn out fringe whackos like Gothard. They swing both ways and always have, as far as I can see. ..... Actually, though, I think pretty much every school has turned out Gothard types. He clearly is intelligent, after his fashion, but the trouble is that he's intelligent enough to be able to twist language and thoughts around to serve the wants of his warped psychology. I can think of people like that who've emerged from both my alma maters, and from pretty much every top school I can think of! I don't really see how any school can avoid giving degrees to folks of that sort, mainly because to get the degrees, most will rein in their crazy and just use their brains to do normal or close-to-normal work. And then when they get out, they let their brains loose on what they're really interested in.

I actually just read a thing about the writers of the Wisdom Booklets. Which I'll put over on the all-things-Duggar thread. ..

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Bbbbbbut feet aren't sexual!!! Feets is feets!

That said, both she and Jill quit posting pics of their feet once Wikifeet got hold of them, but I guess being the competitive minx that Jessa is, she probably liked it that she got more adoration than Jill did.

From what I've seen on TV and online, foot fetishism can get creepy real fast, and I'm far from prudish or sheltered. I wouldn't want my feet on Wikifeet, that's for sure.

Man I learn something new everyday!  How I have gone this long without having heard of it I will never know.  Crazy!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I have a friend that went to Wheaton and was on their swim team (was awarded something about 10 years ago).  I am TOTALLY side eyeing him now. 

• Love 1

LOL Churchie! My alma mater, top 20 in the the country (top public university), gave ME a degree. My grad school's not half bad either; they may be known for football, but my program was top 15 nationally when I was there. 

And fuck you Duggars. I never had a dime of debt or help from Daddy. 

Topic? It may well be coincidence that Gothard and this Tozer guy both went to Wheaton. Just let me cling to my fantasy that Gothard idolized him and that this tease is all Jessa. Which means it will be a girl named Isobel or somesuch.

• Love 1

I only know a couple of people who went to Wheaton - a father and daughter, and they're extremely intellectual/scholarly. The dad grew up Southern Baptist but they're both United Methodists now, with a huge chunk of that from the UMC being one that ordains women and promotes civil rights and gender equality. Some of the more intelligent and learned people I know. They're the types who read the original Greek texts, know tons about church history, etc. 

It really suprised a me that Gothaed went there. Did he graduate? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I read about the Tozer tease right around Christmas and my crazy mind went straight to hearing in my head Spurgie & Toez sung to the tune of Silver & Gold from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Disturbing. Deeply, deeply disturbing.

• Love 2

Tozer sounds like something you'd name a pit bull. It's hideous so of course Bin and Jessa Not-so-Blessa would consider it.  How else could they set them themselves apart as  God's preshus s'neauflakes?  Spurgeon sounds like some sort of undiscovered species of squid. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

LOL Churchie! My alma mater, top 20 in the the country (top public university), gave ME a degree. My grad school's not half bad either; they may be known for football, but my program was top 15 nationally when I was there. 

And fuck you Duggars. I never had a dime of debt or help from Daddy. 

Topic? It may well be coincidence that Gothard and this Tozer guy both went to Wheaton. Just let me cling to my fantasy that Gothard idolized him and that this tease is all Jessa. Which means it will be a girl named Isobel or somesuch.

Okay, I get where you're coming from! I just hate to tar anybody with the Gothard brush if it's likely they don't deserve it! .....  It's a horrible horrible brush!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I know. I hate to be so cynical, but all of my instincts about IBLP have been true, so why not a History of Gothard that this Tozer guy is a part of? Gothard would have been an undergrad at Wheaton when this Tozer guy received his honorary PhD. It all fits. 

I guess the next step is to check out Recovering Grace to see what they know.

• Love 1