Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She may not care that much about the house right now; bigger is not necessarily better IMHO.

So true! I'm sure they have a plus-size section though.:) That could work.

Gotta say that in looking at Walmart and Target online maternity (there's one in Fayetteville) pretty much everything is close fit to the belly so Jessa is right on trend. She does not follow the Duggar's previously stated modesty standards. Baby steps... (literally)

• Love 1

I don't think Jessa is being immodest as much as she's relaxing on some rules she followed blindly as a child/younger adult.  We've seen her let up on other things so this could be one where she allows herself some leeway from the company line. Maybe she's being a hypocrite but maybe this is the one time she can do what she wants because pregnancy makes you more special in their world.  Duggar snarkers have spent years wanting a girl to do her own thing, but when Jessa does it she's being immodest?  It seems weird to me. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 4

Duggar snarkers have spent years wanting a girl to do her own thing, but when Jessa does it she's being immodest?  It seems weird to me. 

Because she is a narcissistic, snotty, judgmental famewhore in addition to being a hypocrite? Maybe that's just me.

NOPE.  Not just you....... not just you at all!

• Love 7

jessa likes showing off that she is pregnant.  Her regular clothes generally fit into Duggar standards,  Her clothing when pregnant, are tight and form fitting.

She likes herself pregnant and enjoys showing it off.  I have no issue with that.  But maybe other people enjoy showing off their ____ .   If Jessa can show off her pregnant stomach and boobies, then I can show off my butt.  :) :)  She also likes to show off her hair. And her lips. 

• Love 6
On 1/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, Malvina said:

I believe Jessa and Jill gave lengthy explanations how they buy tank tops and remove the shelf bra and wear them as undergarments to hide their clavicles, and to wear under light weight clothing and for the length. Jessa is wearing a skin tight top, with a see-through side panel with a black bra and skin showing. Every rule they have spewed is being broken in this picture. Add the fact that she posted this picture for thousands to see amplifies how non-modest this is. To me it is very telling, I can just imagine what kind of pictures she would post if she were not Fundy. Who was the first? Demi Moore?

I think it's kind of funny, and typical, that first bump pics are all about the size of the bump and second bump pics are all about the mom.

And IMO if you know the color of a woman's bra and not by a random exposed bra strap, she is not dressed modestly - Duggar or not.

Jessa ordered her bridesmaids' dresses on line and said how she looked online to see different wedding dresses. The Duggars ordered modest swimsuits online. If Jessa wanted modest maternity wear she knows how to shop online.

• Love 23

It's not so much that she is carrying higher, but she seems significantly thinner this time around as well. Her face, the circumference at the bra-line, all look smaller. I can deal with all this. My daughter was born 22 months after my son (so not as close as Jessa's pregnancies, but still...) and I had only just lost all the baby weight before I got pregnant with her, so I was more conscious about pretty much everything, and only ended up gaining 25 lb, vs. 45 with my son, and lost basically all of it in 6 weeks. It was a much, much easier labor and delivery as well; 10 hours with no complications whatsoever vs 18 hours and major bleeding with my son. I hope that latter part holds true with Jessa, and don't see anything particularly worthy of snark or speculation in the former. 

If she were to still attempt a home birth, all bets would be off... but as things stand, it all looks pretty normal from my POV.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Were these clown collars actually in fashion at the time, or was this more typical of what was deemed suitable for church in that part of the world at that time? I never really saw anyone in them, other than women who belonged to evangelical churches.

I can tell you I saw them (and bought them) not only in small-town Arkansas, but in the big city of Memphis. But I did not run with the moneyed elites, and I shopped at fairly modest stores, so I can only say they were in fashion for a certain set. :-)

• Love 2

Jessa looks really good. LOL, I'm glad to see her breaking a few rules, since she wouldn't be Fundamentalism's Wild Child if she didn't.  Glad Boob and Chelle are clutching their pearls with every single post...now she's married, Boob can't take a switch to her anymore.

I hope she's getting proper prenatal care, since it looks like she's put on far less weight with this pregnancy than she did with Spurgie.  As big as she was and he was, she's very lucky she didn't get gestational diabetes.  Smaller mommy, smaller baby (hopefully), and an uncomplicated delivery this time. I really want her to have an easy time, safe from the incompetence of Dr Jill.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Marigold said:

new Promo shows Ben performing with Flame at an outdoor concert. 

Well, at least be is trying new things.  Unfortunately he was wearing an ugly hat for the show. 

I wonder if Jessa is rolling her eyes and giving him the look of stank...she probably wonders at how her dad could have married her off to such a dolt.

4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wonder if Jessa is rolling her eyes and giving him the look of stank...she probably wonders at how her dad could have married her off to such a dolt.

Or maybe Jessa was eager to ride away from the ranch and Bin was the horse that showed up. Boob may have thought he solved a family problem. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Marigold said:

jessa likes showing off that she is pregnant.  Her regular clothes generally fit into Duggar standards,  Her clothing when pregnant, are tight and form fitting.

She likes herself pregnant and enjoys showing it off.  I have no issue with that.  But maybe other people enjoy showing off their ____ .   If Jessa can show off her pregnant stomach and boobies, then I can show off my butt.  :) :)  She also likes to show off her hair. And her lips. 

I wonder if she and the rest of her family are fine with tight clothes during pregnancy because they think pregnant bodies can't defraud the poor menfolk.  Even Jill, who tends towards sloppily baggy, wore the occasional body clinging outfit when pregnant with Izzy. It's probably a jumbled combination of not wanting to spend too much on maternity clothes, not wanting to look like they're wearing moo moos, wanting to show off their baby bumps since that's the only achievements they'll have, and having the relative freedom of not having to worry about causing lust that cannot be righteously fulfilled.

Something should tell them that pregnancy kink is a thing. Watch them switch to moo moos immediately. 

• Love 5

Jessa's put on a ton of weight, she's just posing at an angle where half her body is cut off. She's noticeably larger in that party picture where you see her face to face. It also wouldn't surprise me if she photoshops. In the party pic her face was full and puffy, yet on Instagram it's skinny and long.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa's put on a ton of weight, she's just posing at an angle where half her body is cut off. She's noticeably larger in that party picture where you see her face to face. It also wouldn't surprise me if she photoshops. In the party pic her face was full and puffy, yet on Instagram it's skinny and long.

This. She's a master at self angles. Almost kardashian level. She's absolutely wider this time and also look at how she has turned her chin down with a huge shadow so you can't see how full her face is. 

With Jessa posing people and Jinger taking pics, they couldn't had a good photography business. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

My thinking is that some of the tops Jessa wears are not even meant to be maternity tops.  She just stretches out regular clothes. But IMO the reasoning behind her choice of clothing while pregnant is vanity.

She's (falsely, and she knows it) listed herself as an "author" online. Her kitchen is laden with trendy knickknacks whose main purpose seems to be to get photographed. Spurgie is dressed to the nines pretty much every time (often) he's photographed. I'd say pretty much all of Jessa's choices are made out of vanity. ... I suppose there are Jessa choices that aren't vanity-motivated. But I can't actually think of one at the moment.

• Love 9

In one way I'm thinking Jessa is m vain, but good at working the system in her favor, so good for her. Most 24 year old girls - especially the ones who have told they're the 'pretty ones' are going to selfie pose 24/7. What is irritating, is most 24 year old girls aren't condemning everyone else for being immodest and telling them they'll go to hell for tempting men with their clavicles and knee caps. According to them, if you're not purposing to hide your shape, you are actively being immodest and trying to tempt men into sin. Burden is always on the woman. 

No skin is showing, but we can all learn from the various incarnations of Cat Woman - you can be covered from head to toe and be dead sexy, if you're wearing skin tight fabric and posing to emphasize curves. 

Jessa needs to sit down and shut up about the modesty and tempting if she's going to harp modesty and inticing sin. 

• Love 10

Hasn't Bin "preached" that vanity and pride are sins?

2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

In one way I'm thinking Jessa is m vain, but good at working the system in her favor, so good for her. Most 24 year old girls - especially the ones who have told they're the 'pretty ones' are going to selfie pose 24/7. What is irritating, is most 24 year old girls aren't condemning everyone else for being immodest and telling them they'll go to hell for tempting men with their clavicles and knee caps. According to them, if you're not purposing to hide your shape, you are actively being immodest and trying to tempt men into sin. Burden is always on the woman. 

No skin is showing, but we can all learn from the various incarnations of Cat Woman - you can be covered from head to toe and be dead sexy, if you're wearing skin tight fabric and posing to emphasize curves. 

Jessa needs to sit down and shut up about the modesty and tempting if she's going to harp modesty and inticing sin. 

I realize I am older now, but I truly hope this is not true of "most" 24-year old women these days.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Hasn't Bin "preached" that vanity and pride are sins?

I realize I am older now, but I truly hope this is not true of "most" 24-year old women these days.

Yeah, I don't really see that as the case. I'm in my mid 30s and I just judging by people I know I wouldn't pin constant selfies on the early-to-mid 20s set. 

I'm not one for selfies or posting pictures of myself in general, but when I do you can bet your ass that I'm posting only flattering ones unless it's a funny picture or something.  Jessa seems like most people...wants people to see the most flattering pictures of herself.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jessa is plenty modest. I don't think she considers a pregnant belly sexually alluring. She's covered neck to wrist. I don't see headlights. Is she supposed to wear oversized Ina Garten denim shirts?

zu41845112_main_tm1474656613.jpg

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jessa is plenty modest. 

Is she though? I just don't see how posting a picture where the sole focus is on your body/appearance to an audience of 1.9 million Instagram followers is modest.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

The young'uns I know on Facebook post lots of selfies and the emphasis seems to be on all of the wacky and fun things they do with friends.  They will go through Walmart trying on crazy hats and silly outfits and post them or the goofy activities of their frisbee team.  It's  more of a "look what fun I am having" but not a "look how sexy or gorgeous I am."  As they start working there is less and less.  None of them have yet hit the totally self-absorbed stage of engagement and wedding planning.

• Love 1

By 2017 standards jessa is considered modest. 

By Duggar's own standards, which have been shared on camera, I think she is not Duggar Modest.

Personally, I think Jessa looks fine.  It is the hypocrisy of it all that has people commenting on her clothing.  The Duggars coined the term "nike" to warn the males of immodestly dressed woman.  But now Jessa is wearing clothing that is tight and form fitting...showing off her pregnant curves and breasts. How is that not a "nike" moment?  That is what has people snarking. Myself included. If her last name wasn't Duggar Seewald, I would never even bother to look twice. Like I said, I think she looks good. 

• Love 19

Huh, I live in the Northeast, I'm on FB, I keep up with current events however I skim over much of the celebrity news, I work with mostly woman many of whom are under 30, my kids and most of their friends hover around the 30 year mark. I'm not getting how the top Jessa is wearing is considered the norm. Some of the women I know dress a little provocatively when they are dressing for an evening out, but not so much in their daily lives. 

The shirt Jessa is wearing is some weird cross between a sweater and a sweatshirt and it's hard to tell if the lacy area is just on the side or goes across the back. The top is sheer and form fitting. Maybe it would look  modest with a tank top and leggings on a non-pregnant woman. But I don't know of anyone who would wear it without some kind of shirt underneath.  

• Love 4

No matter how she's used the angles, she looks good for being almost ready to pop. Many women puff up, or gain extra weight when pregnant, so she sure isn't alone there. Plus, she did slim down between these close pregnancies and that's quite an achievement.

18 more times and you get your very own show.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, I live in the Northeast, I'm on FB, I keep up with current events however I skim over much of the celebrity news, I work with mostly woman many of whom are under 30, my kids and most of their friends hover around the 30 year mark. I'm not getting how the top Jessa is wearing is considered the norm. Some of the women I know dress a little provocatively when they are dressing for an evening out, but not so much in their daily lives. 

The shirt Jessa is wearing is some weird cross between a sweater and a sweatshirt and it's hard to tell if the lacy area is just on the side or goes across the back. The top is sheer and form fitting. Maybe it would look  modest with a tank top and leggings on a non-pregnant woman. But I don't know of anyone who would wear it without some kind of shirt underneath.  

And most of these women (along with the rest of us) are not seen by millions of random strangers on the internet when we go out to dinner, etc. She is sharing her pictures with all of these potentially creepy strangers!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And most of these women (along with the rest of us) are not seen by millions of random strangers on the internet when we go out to dinner, etc. She is sharing her pictures with all of these potentially creepy strangers!

Yeah, exactly the reason I refuse to participate in social media beyond what is necessary for my profession. As freaked out as Jessa was to pluck roses from the hands of random TLC plants, they certainly have no problem "putting it all out there" for public consumption.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, sometimesy said:
36 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

No matter how she's used the angles, she looks good for being almost ready to pop. Many women puff up, or gain extra weight when pregnant, so she sure isn't alone there. Plus, she did slim down between these close pregnancies and that's quite an achievement.

18 more times and you get your very own show.

She is huge straight on. And the NYE pics showed that she has really blown up. Sorry I can't post outside the quote boxes.  I tried all the tricks. ?

• Love 1

Jessa's big belly is great free advertising for the show, so she is exempt from the modest dress requirement. Showing off that baby bump is a marketing strategy.  Skin tight tops are just part of the job.

All the attention she gets is just gravy.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
My kindle keeps insisting her name is Jessica dammit
  • Love 10

Bin's recent Instagram post:

ben_seewaldThe wrath of Jesus is a fearful thing. Many have created a false Jesus who has no Holy anger against evil. We are sinful creatures, so it is natural to want to downplay this. But He is returning. He will judge, and He will slaughter, and it will be totally and completely righteous and just. The question for you is, have you been justified? Do you stand guilty before Him, or have you been cleared of your charges by trusting in His life and death on the cross for sinners? He lived the life we should have lived, died the death we deserved to die, and rose from the dead having completed his substitutionary work, applicable to all who will believe. Today is the day of salvation, and He delays the time of His return to give more time for sinners to surrender and be reconciled to Him. He will not wait forever though.
(Scripture from Revelation 19).

He's back with the fire and brimstone. I don't know Bin, the Jesus I'm aware of was not an angry person. Except when it came to those money lenders . . .  Also Bin, you're still very young and have time to live the virtuous life you want.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

ben_seewaldThe wrath of Jesus is a fearful thing. Many have created a false Jesus who has no Holy anger against evil. We are sinful creatures, so it is natural to want to downplay this. But He is returning. He will judge, and He will slaughter, and it will be totally and completely righteous and just. The question for you is, have you been justified? Do you stand guilty before Him, or have you been cleared of your charges by trusting in His life and death on the cross for sinners? He lived the life we should have lived, died the death we deserved to die, and rose from the dead having completed his substitutionary work, applicable to all who will believe. Today is the day of salvation, and He delays the time of His return to give more time for sinners to surrender and be reconciled to Him. He will not wait forever though.

He's back with the fire and brimstone. I don't know Bin, the Jesus I'm aware of was not an angry person. Except when it came to those money lenders . . .  Also Bin, you're still very young and have time to live the virtuous life you want.

Shit, quick, maybe we all can rent a hotel pool and call Jeremy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

So Derelict and Bin are warning us about End-Of-Times stuff, any fundie experts know what is triggering this?

Also, Jessa takes her rings off when she gets too puffy during pregnancy, I wonder why they don't get her a 'puffy' wedding band. They can get them for less than $50 bucks.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

So Derelict and Bin are warning us about End-Of-Times stuff, any fundie experts know what is triggering this?

Also, Jessa takes her rings off when she gets to puffy during pregnancy, I wonder why they don't get her a 'puffy' wedding band. They can get them for less than $50 bucks.

Since according to the Gospel of Matthew, and Jesus said, "only the Father knows the hour", why do these Fundies keep insisting they know when?

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Also, Jessa takes her rings off when she gets too puffy during pregnancy, I wonder why they don't get her a 'puffy' wedding band. They can get them for less than $50 bucks.

Where in the bible does it mention Jesus coming back and slaughtering people? Guess my Catholic Church forgot to let us know.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Where in the bible does it mention Jesus coming back and slaughtering people? Guess my Catholic Church forgot to let us know.

Probably near the end..

In the beginning there was...

bunch of stuff happens

now get ready because you are all gonna die (Bin is here).

4 horsemen of apocalypse. The End

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 7

I am guessing they attend the same church?

Ben and Derick probably hit an End Times Bible study and are jacked up on that now. Or Ben is practicing his preacher skills and lecturing to a captive audience in the TTH. Derick was there, of course, and got in the groove.  Doubt Derick was preaching because he looks too weak and frail to yell and rant.  

I should keep track of their "topics".  It wanders around with a pattern though. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1