Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

The way Michelle and Jim Bob described Jana always gave me the impression that she is/was a lot like Jessa personality wise, but more easily broken. So 
all the beatings Jana got resulted in an obedient automaton who desires to be the perfect Christian daughter, while Jessa's "rebelliousness" and attitude remained intact after the abuse handed out by her parents, just used in a way that her parents and Gothard approved of, like comparing abortion to the Holocaust and telling people they're going to hell. 

• Love 4

Okay this is all kinds of fucked up. I only hope that Jana does not believe this and that is why she is not married.

I hope Ben does not idolize this guy.

A quote from Voddie Baucham:

“A lot of men are leaving their wives for younger women because they yearn for attention from younger women. And God gave them a daughter who can give them that. And instead they go find a substitute daughter….you’ve seen it, we’ve all seen it. These old guys going and finding these substitute daughters.”

• Love 5

I hope it this speaking preaching event finds its way to youtube.

I am TRULY curious what the hell Ben will be rambling about.

Jessa must be so proud. I see competition between the girls.  They all have a "preacher man".  

Ben scored to get a gig like this...because we all know he is cleaning toilets all day and just instagrampreaching through quotes. Ben's first real preaching!!  (everyone oooh and aaaah)  Our dum-dum is growing up! 

Jeremy actually has a church to lecture at so Jinger is in the lead.  

Derick is a missionary in a VERY dangerous secret location that doesn't have water...but everyone, including the Duggs know Derick is full of shit so Jill is losing in the game...plus it took too long to get pregnant the second time. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I know I wasn't there when Jana was a baby, but I will always 100% believe that Jana was not difficult. I believe Josh was easy to manage as the first child, and Michelle was overwhelmed with a toddler and twin infants. That's normal. I also suspect JD was as dull as a baby as he is now, while Jana wasn't difficult, just more lively. Girls often are. I also firmly believe narcissist Michelle was JEALOUS of her infant daughter. Nobody steals Michelle's thunder. 

A baby saying 'no' isn't sinful and purposefully defiant. It's a normal stage of development and not willful or bad. 

When michelle blamed Jana for kicking her in the womb, that solidified me thinking Michelle hated her from the instant she learned Jana was a girl. 

I can't wait for the moment Jana discovers she can indeed leave, she will never have her mother's approval, her father is not looking for a spouse for her, and Jana flees. Even if it is to the tree house or Jenny's house in 20 years, I want Jana to flee.

I have to agree about Michelle being jealous of Jana.  I've always thought it was because Jana , being the first born daughter, was the first female that competed for Jim Bob's attention. Another theory of mine is that Jana is a better mother to all of those kids than Michelle ever was/will be and Michelle, in her Xanax haze is very aware of this.Jana's very nurturing and kind while Michelle barely acknowledges or engages with any of the kids. 

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay this is all kinds of fucked up. I only hope that Jana does not believe this and that is why she is not married.

“A lot of men are leaving their wives for younger women because they yearn for attention from younger women. And God gave them a daughter who can give them that. And instead they go find a substitute daughter….you’ve seen it, we’ve all seen it. These old guys going and finding these substitute daughters.”

That quote is one of the most bizarre things I've ever read.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I assume Voddie here  want attention from younger women  himself or he wants to pull a Trump and  Ivanka .

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That quote is one of the most bizarre things I've ever read.

Ever watched The Philadelphia Story? That's virtually a quote from the Katharine Hepburn character's father in that movie. And the movie holds him to be quite correct.

I have the strong feeling that that level of ... don't even know what to call it... misogyny? discounting of women's full personhood? whatever, was actually pretty much the norm maybe 50 years ago or even less. Not necessarily with the God-supplied-this language. But the same idea, with or without a Jesus angle. So the era these guys want to bring back isn't very far from us. We really have  come a long way in the past 200 years, on many fronts. Less than 150 years ago, millions of Americans still thought they were being viciously oppressed because they couldn't own other human beings, without even having to list them by name on the census. So I suppose it isn't surprising that a bunch of idiots are still fighting rearguard actions to restore the ability to treat so many people as "less than." Luckily Voddie and his ilk aren 't winning long term.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Ever watched The Philadelphia Story? That's virtually a quote from the Katharine Hepburn character's father in that movie. And the movie holds him to be quite correct.

I have the strong feeling that that level of ... don't even know what to call it... misogyny? discounting of women's full personhood? whatever, was actually pretty much the norm maybe 50 years ago or even less. Not necessarily with the God-supplied-this language. But the same idea, with or without a Jesus angle. So the era these guys want to bring back isn't very far from us. We really have  come a long way in the past 200 years, on many fronts. Less than 150 years ago, millions of Americans still thought they were being viciously oppressed because they couldn't own other human beings, without even having to list them by name on the census. So I suppose it isn't surprising that a bunch of idiots are still fighting rearguard actions to restore the ability to treat so many people as "less than." Luckily Voddie and his ilk aren 't winning long term.

Thanks, Churchhoney. I thought the same thing as I read it. [Also, I was just telling someone the other day that's why it can never be my VERY favorite movie. That one scene makes me want to break my tv--also, what about Dinah?]

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:37 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Baucham is AWFUL! So is Scott Brown. You can look up thier histories on FJ. Pure evil, both of them. Had they managed to pull Comfort, it would have been a trifecta quite unlike any we've seen at one conference in a long time. 

...and Ben. LMAO The little boy is still going to be eaten alive by these heavy hitters in the fundie world. And if anyone thinks Ben is going soft by defending BLM, Kaepernick, and even speaking against Trump, getting this gig demonstrates that he's as fundie as ever. 

I quite dislike Ben, so your last paragraph is slightly impressive.  I defended Kaepernick on facebook, and was viciously attacked by non-fundie people.  The hate was appalling.

13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I know I wasn't there when Jana was a baby, but I will always 100% believe that Jana was not difficult. I believe Josh was easy to manage as the first child, and Michelle was overwhelmed with a toddler and twin infants. That's normal. I also suspect JD was as dull as a baby as he is now, while Jana wasn't difficult, just more lively. Girls often are. I also firmly believe narcissist Michelle was JEALOUS of her infant daughter. Nobody steals Michelle's thunder. 

A baby saying 'no' isn't sinful and purposefully defiant. It's a normal stage of development and not willful or bad. 

When michelle blamed Jana for kicking her in the womb, that solidified me thinking Michelle hated her from the instant she learned Jana was a girl. 

I can't wait for the moment Jana discovers she can indeed leave, she will never have her mother's approval, her father is not looking for a spouse for her, and Jana flees. Even if it is to the tree house or Jenny's house in 20 years, I want Jana to flee.

Jana has always had a place in my heart.  She seems inherently sweet, and is so overlooked.  I agree that Michelle despises her.  And I firmly believe that Jana has had many requests for courtship, and JB turns them down without telling Jana.  She sees even the most unattractive and obnoxious fundies getting married, and wonders why she incapable of attracting a husband.  I don't think Jana stays because she doesn't want to be married.  But if she is single by choice, that's great.  Regardless, she won't be obligated to have twenty children since she'll be starting late.  So that's a plus.  Maybe she can find a young widower with a low sperm count.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This sounds like a justification for incest.  It's so wrong.

10 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

I have to agree about Michelle being jealous of Jana.  I've always thought it was because Jana , being the first born daughter, was the first female that competed for Jim Bob's attention. Another theory of mine is that Jana is a better mother to all of those kids than Michelle ever was/will be and Michelle, in her Xanax haze is very aware of this.Jana's very nurturing and kind while Michelle barely acknowledges or engages with any of the kids. 

Jana reminds me of Michael Bates.  I hoped that Michael's husband would have a friend for Jana.  I even wish Jana would marry a Bates.  They're still crazy, but much more nurturing.  That could do wonders for Jana.

• Love 1

IF there were a bates boy closer to her age. Lawson is the next available one and I think he loves himself too much.  I read I think that Zach Bates approached Jana but she turned him down.  The next bates boys are way too young.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

Thanks, Churchhoney. I thought the same thing as I read it. [Also, I was just telling someone the other day that's why it can never be my VERY favorite movie. That one scene makes me want to break my tv--also, what about Dinah?]

My sentiments exactly!

12 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

The willingness to speak for free, is my guess.

Of course, the "speak" part will remain somewhat in doubt. (even after he "speaks," probably) ;  )

• Love 1
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

And I firmly believe that Jana has had many requests for courtship, and JB turns them down without telling Jana. 

I agree. Jana is pretty, sweet, great with kids, experienced in running a household and handy with a chainsaw. You'd think guys would be tripping over themselves to wife her up. It doesn't make any sense that Jill, Joy and Jinger were able to find spouses before she did. I really believe she's the designated SAHD and she's not getting married unless she puts her foot down and walks out the door.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

IS this guy talking about incest? I don't know how to interpret these musings about younger women.

Well, unconsciously probably, would be my guess. But I doubt he's meaning that consciously or that he's acted on the pretty clear unconscious meaning of this. (who knows, of course, but I wonder whether this is the kind of thinking that fundie guys who actually don't cheat on their wives with younger girlfriends (or enslaved teenagers; see Phillips, Doug) engage in to sublimate the get-a-young-girlfriend urge.)

He was one of the Geoff Botkin "Return of the Daughters" crowd. And I think that, consciously anyway, what's going on with them is that they let out some kind of atavistic urge by a lot of males to be the head of prides with a bunch of females in them. You know -- they envision themselves as some magnificent male lion lounging on a rock surrounded by a ton of tawny females who do the actual killing and dragging home and washing up and so on. And their little biologies feel the urge to have still-fertile females to push around. So they cooked up this idea that that's what daughters are for -- at least until the time said daughters are sold off to young would-be patriarchs. (I mean, the daughters are around the house anyway, so God must mean them to be useful for something, right? right? ) And as with everything these nuts think, they announce that God ordained things this way. But, as I mentioned up above, it absolutely echoes the sentiments of Seth Lord in The Philadelphia Story, which seems to have been universally accepted without a blink in 1940 when that movie came out and for quite some time after. .....

I'm sure there's somebody out there using this stuff as an excuse for actually committing incest. But I doubt that it's Voddie or even the other 'Return of the Daughters" nuts. After all, without incest -- which they'd have problems with because they might not want to send the girls for those abortions, if for no other reason -- they're getting what I think most of them really want, which is power -- over both women and younger people, which they get by sort of appropriating daughters as their quasi loving servants just like their wives. .... That's my take, anyway.

If they were thoughtful, self-reflective people, I expect they'd realize how this sounds, figure out what the probable biological urges are behind it, and squelch themselves. But instead, they're sort of bright but not at all thoughtful, power-hungry shallow people who make their urges into theologies instead. This is what comes of the arrogance of thinking you have "visions" and not just fantasies, I think.

And this is a thread about Bin and Ducklips, so we're way off topic. Hope Bin doesn't pick up too many ideas from these guys, though.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Jana is pretty, sweet, great with kids, experienced in running a household and handy with a chainsaw. You'd think guys would be tripping over themselves to wife her up. It doesn't make any sense that Jill, Joy and Jinger were able to find spouses before she did. I really believe she's the designated SAHD and she's not getting married unless she puts her foot down and walks out the door.

My pet theory is that Jana had a guy she really wanted to court/started quasi-courting without JB's approval, and JB squashed that quick. Even if the guy ticked off all the appropriate boxes, the fact that he didn't talk to JB first would have hit his ego too hard for him to allow the relationship to continue. I have no concrete reason to think this, except that episode way back when all the older girls sat down to talk about relationships even though none of them had been in one at that point. There was something about the way Jill kept repeating, "he has to talk to my dad first" about what guys should do if they were interested, and iirc she kept glancing at Jana while saying it.  But tbqh that might be my "Jill is the worst" bias talking. 

Also, whether my theory has any validity or not, I do think that Jana really is just that picky about men. I don't believe that JB and Michelle are deliberately holding her back so she could be a SAHD...maybe the kids play a role in Jana's subconscious, but JB/Michelle have enough sycophants willing to help the family for free that Jana leaving wouldn't be that much of an issue for them.  I just think that if anything, JB/Michelle would force a marriage before keeping a child from marrying at all. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I quite dislike Ben, so your last paragraph is slightly impressive.  I defended Kaepernick on facebook, and was viciously attacked by non-fundie people.  The hate was appalling.

Jana has always had a place in my heart.  She seems inherently sweet, and is so overlooked.  I agree that Michelle despises her.  And I firmly believe that Jana has had many requests for courtship, and JB turns them down without telling Jana.  She sees even the most unattractive and obnoxious fundies getting married, and wonders why she incapable of attracting a husband.  I don't think Jana stays because she doesn't want to be married.  But if she is single by choice, that's great.  Regardless, she won't be obligated to have twenty children since she'll be starting late.  So that's a plus.  Maybe she can find a young widower with a low sperm count.

I think Janais just following rules she's been brainwashed to believing  - If she's good and Holy enough, Daddy will find Prince Charming for her. 

The flaw in this is 1) Jimbob is more concerned with keeping her as a nanny than finding her a husband. 2) Jana is desperately following rules and doing everything she can to win her parents approval. 3) she will never, ever gain their approval, because their goals don't align. Jim Bob wants a free servant and Michelle hates her. As long as the fear of hell and damnation are attached to needing their approval, she will always be a miserable Sister Nanny in that house. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

This sounds like a justification for incest.  It's so wrong.

Jana reminds me of Michael Bates.  I hoped that Michael's husband would have a friend for Jana.  I even wish Jana would marry a Bates.  They're still crazy, but much more nurturing.  That could do wonders for Jana.

That's how it reads to me too. So skeevy.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Those fundies sure love their DONATE!!!! buttons. Here's Scott Brown's. 

https://ncfic.org/donate

It takes cash to sustain all these Ministries to Promulgate the Doctrine of Control Freakism.

I don't think Bin'll be able to cut it, even when he does get a Donate button (because you know it's only a matter of time). He's so awkward a speaker -- and so much the underdog instead of the bossy patriarch in his marriage -- that I don't see him having the aplomb or even the requisite overweaning arrogance to pull off the kind of grifting these other guys manage.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

My pet theory is that Jana had a guy she really wanted to court/started quasi-courting without JB's approval, and JB squashed that quick.

Also, whether my theory has any validity or not, I do think that Jana really is just that picky about men.

My pet theory is that she had her eye on Chad Paine. And there's nobody else in the Fundy tribe who could live up to that. I'm sure it doesn't help that Erin keeps posting pix of her guy building things / holding babies / bringing home puppies / doing laundry / flexing.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It takes cash to sustain all these Ministries to Promulgate the Doctrine of Control Freakism.

I don't think Bin'll be able to cut it, even when he does get a Donate button (because you know it's only a matter of time). He's so awkward a speaker -- and so much the underdog instead of the bossy patriarch in his marriage -- that I don't see him having the aplomb or even the requisite overweaning arrogance to pull off the kind of grifting these other guys manage.

Well, apparently there isn't much disposable income in family-integrated churches these days. Since the demise of Vision Forum, people seem to have joined up with actual churches (albeit mostly IFB), even the Duggars. Now the Duggars' new church might be happy with tithes from Boob and possibly the Seewalds (I don't think their church has ever been confirmed), but most FICs don't have the Duggars or even the Phillipses to rely on financially. 

I'd pay to hear Ben stumble through his speech. A guy barely into his 20s with one semester of Bible college under his belt? Riiiight. I get that he's only there because teevee. All this will do is hilariously expose him as a dunderhead who has never had an original thought or idea (set up football camp, anyone?). 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

True, but I always figured Jessa would have no problems because a lot of men like that combo of pretty and bitchy. 

I thought Jessa married a teenager because he wanted her more, which gives her the power.  Plus, she thought she could dominate him.  I continued to think this until she allowed her firstborn to be named Spurgeon.  Now I think she may be dickmatized.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I thought Jessa married a teenager because he wanted her more, which gives her the power.  Plus, she thought she could dominate him.  I continued to think this until she allowed her firstborn to be named Spurgeon.  Now I think she may be dickmatized.

I honestly believe that if Ben's aunt hadn't outed their courtship, Jessa and Ben would have broken up early. Ben was such a Duggar fanboy that I'm sure she would have grown tired of him before she got to see whatever good points he has. That fb post made TLC put the pressure on for a tv courtship, and all the forced time together resulted in Ben growing on her, and Jessa realizing that guy who was into her more than she was into him wasn't a bad way to do things in her world. Spurgeon was wifely submission on her part...he clearly really wanted the name, and rather than argue she gave in so she could get something in return. That seems to be Michelle and JB's dynamic--let him think he's in charge while running the show.

• Love 7

Who's that by the sink with the osteoporotic hump back?

I still don't understand framed photos in the kitchen work space.  Water, soap scum and food splattered???

The film projector is probably showing an episode of Boring On.  Jessa is most smug.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Do the Duggars not serve food at their parties? All I've ever seen are groups of people randomly milling around with the occasional styrofoam cup.

The disgusting display of food is in the Duggars' lifestyle thread. 

Jessa is starting to look bloated. I know she only has a month to go, but up until recenty, she was looking pretty good. 

20 minutes ago, lianau said:

Look at all the fun they're having .

I know some people this boring. The only good thing about visiting them is that, if you don't bring a watch, you can leave when you feel you've had enough. You think it's been three or four hours, so you can tell yourself that you've given them enough time and then go home cursing your waste of an evening -- But when you get home you realize you were only at the "party" for 45 minutes. The whole evening is still ahead of you. You rejoice.

The average Duggarling probably feels as if it's already lived 100 years. And yet it's only 18 or so.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The disgusting display of food is in the Duggars' lifestyle thread. 

Jessa is starting to look bloated. I know she only has a month to go, but up until recenty, she was looking pretty good. 

I wonder if Jessa filters and photoshops her Instagram pics. She's looking a lot heftier in this candid photo than she does in the ones she posts on her social media. I know you tend to put on most of your weight in the last stages of pregnancy, but still...

• Love 4

Can you put photoshop on an Iphone? She's totally lost her jawline, and given how strong hers is, that's saying something. It could also be the way she angled her face in the 34 week pics she posted a couple weeks ago. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The mouth-breathing man-child is so emasculated by his own wife, Princess Prickly Pear, I just can't see how he's going to be able to roll with this crowd.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

True. Below is Voddie the Perv's bio. I can't tell about the seminary where he got his PhD., but the seminary where he got his Masters is accredited. Ben? One semester at Bible College. Take a thousand seats, little boy. 

http://www.voddiebaucham.org/about

GAAAAAHHHHH!!!! We share the exact same birthday. I am forever defiled. (And ever so thankful to not have 9 kids and to have married whoever I would have dated when I was 20, because both would be total disasters.)

Edited by LilJen
2 hours ago, Readalot said:

Hum, never used a sheet to block off my upstairs. But don't think I will in the future 

Hey, remember that little seminar Mullet and the 2 Counting-Ons went to? They got so many great ideas to put safeguards in their homes to eliminate hiding places, etc. So therefore a sheet-swag has been created to block off the upstairs. So, FU, doubters.

I LOVE playing I Spy, so here goes.....

Joy is now wearing flannel 24/7 , getting ready for her new role as a Family Camp Slave.

Over to the far left (background) everyone is standing in a circle with arms folded across their chests.....they all look ready to Do-Si-Do ......or else it's a fun Fundy Game or they're all really bored. Or both.

A minimum of 6 pieces of Styrofoam at every event. Check.

Is that a red Yeti cup ? If so, it's probably Mullet's and she's the only one who gets one ($$$$).

Bin's stupid backwards cap is attempting to crawl away and hide.

Jessa didn't get the infinity scarf memo. ((ETA: Of course she doesn't have one....the scarf may hide the bump. Duh.))

Somebody who is not Mullet is slaving in the kitchen.

Anyone spot Joshley ???

Edited by drafan
  • Love 3

The film projector is probably showing an episode of Boring On.  Jessa is most smug.

"Hey Jessa, the show is great! You're a real blessing to me. Why'd they take your name out of the title, anyway?"

*small but preceptible eye twitch from Jessa*

• Love 2