Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, zoomama said:

thanks for explaining that....it is rather confusing, thats for sure.

Yes, it's all rather confusing.  I thought I understood what it meant. I read the same definition that Koka posted, and I had even more questions about it.  I guess that those who are gender fluid understand the more specific distinctions, and can identify them better.

I met her niece when she was a little girl of 7 years old, and she's grown into a very smart, artistic, and sensitive person. She's been getting bullied a bit at school because of it.  My friend and her husband are planning to go with her to their local LGBTQ support center to get her counseling , help her make more like minded friends, and learn how to support her being who she is...

said no Duggar EVER...they would never even try to understand this...it would be abuse, shaming, conversion therapy, JTTH or ALERT Academy...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Anyway, we should probably get back to the seewaldii and their incubating spawn.

The other board I read on this site is the one for Supernatural, which has just started a storyline dealing with Lucifer's having impregnated someone...I got mixed up as to which board I was reading for a minute there...

Which doesn't exactly bring us back to the seewaldii, but basically I've got nothing.

• Love 4

In an alternate world Jessa would be like one of the Hadid girls or Kendall/Kylie Jenner but instead she's saddled with two kids and a dolt of a husband.

TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know!!!!  Here's Jessa walking in the Victoria's Secret Fashion show--the only Angel with a mid lenght skirt or being followed by 100 million as-far-from-fundy-as-is-humanly-possible tweens.  And there's Jessa in a relationship with The Weeknd, except it doesn't work out that well because we all know she goes to the Church of the holy basement on the Weeknd. (guffaw)

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

I remember toddler Jackson being reprimanded for doing the exact same thing!  So Jessa's makes the video (in the big compound) then sends it to People for a paycheck?  It is very cute.

Yes!! That is why I said don't tell Grandpa! lol

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Yes!! That is why I said don't tell Grandpa! lol

The same grandpa who removed batteries from musical toys. Probably just too cheap to replace them, so let's invent a religious excuse.  Makes me wonder if Jana's famous jewelry box had a twirling ballerina on it

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The same grandpa who removed batteries from musical toys. Probably just too cheap to replace them, so let's invent a religious excuse.  Makes me wonder if Jana's famous jewelry box had a twirling ballerina on it

Are you kidding me?? ( I mean I believe you) but he really would take the batteries out of toys so they wouldn't make music? Because Jesus?

Not that this should surprise me because they are completely insane...but wtf.

Edit- I watched the video. Spurgeon is one cute kiddo. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

People couldn't even be bothered to upload the video? I still can't see it.

I was going to say, it's on Jessa's Instagram, but you're Blessa Blocked, correct? It's a really cute video of Spurge wearing headphones and dancing to the music. Jessa is laughing and encouraging him, so hopefully that's a sign this poor child's spirit won't be crushed before he's potty trained. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

People couldn't even be bothered to upload the video? I still can't see it.

I have no clue how to do that otherwise I would help you out. It's just Spurge with headphones on dancing and Jessa commenting that he is full of Christmas spirit.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I remember toddler Jackson being reprimanded for doing the exact same thing!  So Jessa's makes the video (in the big compound) then sends it to People for a paycheck?  It is very cute.

I expect the operative word here is "paycheck." Back in the olden days, pop may well have perceived that the paychecks were most likely to keep coming in response to the Duggs continuing to be full-on cult-y nutso pure. Nowadays, as the paychecks dwindle, I expect it's come to Gramp's attention that they may do better monetarily by shifting toward the mainstream. That's my theory, anyway.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

What is the deal?  Can they watch Fixer Upper because the Gainseses are fundy type Christians?  Can they say they don't watch TeeVee because they watch a computer screen, so that makes it different?  

Well, maybe now at least she can do repairs herself instead of getting Jana!

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I was going to say, it's on Jessa's Instagram, but you're Blessa Blocked, correct? It's a really cute video of Spurge wearing headphones and dancing to the music. Jessa is laughing and encouraging him, so hopefully that's a sign this poor child's spirit won't be crushed before he's potty trained. 

I can kind of see Jessa thinking some of the rules like no dancing are stupid, and wanting to change them for her kids. I mean, don't get me wrong...her doctrine will not change. However, she seems like the type to allow her kids to do something, while still having huge hang-ups about participating herself. We all know she doesn't like to do things outside her comfort zone. Also, if we are right about her "loose" supervision of Jinger and Jeremy, I can see her allowing her kids to dance and kiss, while still barring things like sex and going to clubs. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's a married couple who are Conservative Christian. They most recently caught flak because their Pastor is anti-LGBT. 

Ah, approved shows. Plug in your favorite gay interior decorator and imagine Jessa's horror watching him (they're typically men) present the exact same material Spurge is watching. I'm sure even Jessa can recognize a reasonably stereotypical gay man and act predictably.

• Love 2

I keep hoping her attitude will lead her to eventually looking around at all the men in her life, especially her dull brothers, and thinking "how are they possibly qualified to be headships, but I have to have a man lead me, when I'm smarter than they are." Which will then have her at least finding a situation where she's considered an equal to the men, and capable of leading herself, even if she stays religious.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect the operative word here is "paycheck." Back in the olden days, pop may well have perceived that the paychecks were most likely to keep coming in response to the Duggs continuing to be full-on cult-y nutso pure. Nowadays, as the paychecks dwindle, I expect it's come to Gramp's attention that they may do better monetarily by shifting toward the mainstream. That's my theory, anyway.

This. Also, Jessa was very careful with that video...note, the music was only through Spurgeon's headphones (I'm usually the last one to complain about parenting unless it's super egregious but who the hell puts headphones on a baby?)  so we didn't hear any of it, and not once did she use the word dancing, she just said something about him "catching the spirit." She's luring people in with how cute her baby is and how "normal" they are as a family, while ensuring that she gets to claim plausible deniability wrt to dancing and fundy beliefs in general. 

• Love 14

As someone joked when I commented on Ben staying up late to study, Jessa tells Ben when it's bedtime. ?

While I think she still dominates their dynamic, I also think Ben is curious, asks questions, and almost thinks critically. Hell, he reached out to Flame, likely on Instagram, but he was at least open to Christian rap, something the Cult of Duggar would deem unacceptable. At least he's trying to better himself and broaden his horizons (into mainstream Christianity!). Jessa may be the leader now, because her name got her the TV show, but I really think he'll have his shit together enough to be a decent headship (lol, spellcheck tried to make that "headshop") in a few years. 

Let's face it. If they continue their fecundity, Jessa will be too bogged down to be on Reeves. Ben knows he has to get his shit together, living off the Duggar teat as long as he can before he launches, using the Duggar name as his selling point, even if his doctrine becomes less severe over time.

A few years after the show is over, will Boob continue to hand out free houses to his loser spawn? Greedy fucker that he is, I bet he starts charging rent. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

As someone joked when I commented on Ben staying up late to study, Jessa tells Ben when it's bedtime. ?

While I think she still dominates their dynamic, I also think Ben is curious, asks questions, and almost thinks critically. Hell, he reached out to Flame, likely on Instagram, but he was at least open to Christian rap, something the Cult of Duggar would deem unacceptable. At least he's trying to better himself and broaden his horizons (into mainstream Christianity!). Jessa may be the leader now, because her name got her the TV show, but I really think he'll have his shit together enough to be a decent headship (lol, spellcheck tried to make that "headshop") in a few years. 

Let's face it. If they continue their fecundity, Jessa will be too bogged down to be on Reeves. Ben knows he has to get his shit together, living off the Duggar teat as long as he can before he launches, using the Duggar name as his selling point, even if his doctrine becomes less severe over time.

A few years after the show is over, will Boob continue to hand out free houses to his loser spawn? Greedy fucker that he is, I bet he starts charging rent. 

Here;s hoping.

• Love 2

I'm surprised that Jessa is encouraging Spurgie to dance, even more so in the Duggar home. I wonder who was around watching it. What will she do when Spurgie is older? I'm remember someone, I think it was a young teenage Jessa, spouting about the evils of music with a beat that encourages folks to move their body in a way that would have others excited in a way that can't righteously be fulfilled.

Maybe she loves that kid in a normal Momma way after all and can't bear to quash something so normal and instinctive. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

OMG, my phone is a pothead. I've never written about bongs on this phone, but it corrected headship to headshop again, even though I corrected it earlier today (Derick's mess, I think). 

Puff, puff, pass!

I'm actually quite comforted to know that your phone confirms "headshop" as a more mainstream and normal concept than "headship."

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm actually quite comforted to know that your phone confirms "headshop" as a more mainstream and normal concept than "headship."

Definitely! Outside BSC fundieworld, who uses "headship" anyway?

8 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

That dancing is a Fuck You Internet  moment because she is telling us even though we are fundies we do the same things as you non fundies . 

but they don't . . . 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Ironic that I think Boob has been in a headshop more recently than I have. That San Francisco episode still remains my favorite. 

Jessa? Yeah, the last year was good for her. Let's see how she copes when #2 shows up, hopefully with less fanfare than Spurge. But with Dr. Jill, Medicine Woman on hand, who knows what could happen? It could be anything from Erin Bates Paine's 2 hour labor that almost killed her, and would have if it was a homebirth, to the 3 day labor (if we believe that story) wherein Jill made some very bad choices for herself and Izzy. 

As you all know, I'm extremely critical of Jessa, but damn I hope she makes better decisions for the delivery of #2. And Jill, a non-licensed midwife, is not one of them. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

'mother    is     bleeding'

episode 2

Featuring "DONATE" Jill

These two posts are worth repeating.

• Love 1

Jessa will attempt another homebirth because she's arrogant and stupid and likely lacks health insurance. She's already not getting any prenatal care, and I say that with confidence because if she were she'd be blasting it it all over Instagram to say f.u. to the haters. So prepare for "motherrrr....issss...bleeeeding" round 2.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa will attempt another homebirth because she's arrogant and stupid and likely lacks health insurance. She's already not getting any prenatal care, and I say that with confidence because if she were she'd be blasting it it all over Instagram to say f.u. to the haters. So prepare for "motherrrr....issss...bleeeeding" round 2.

Don't you know that Jessa is getting the best medical care in the world .  She is using the number one ob in the world Dr Jill.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Scary to think that a TeeVee star living in a suburban area in the 21st century would deliberately choose the kind of birth situation you would have faced as a homesteader back in the sod house days. I guess she's counting on 911. But that's darned pricey. Not to mention a misuse of a public emergency resource.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Scary to think that a TeeVee star living in a suburban area in the 21st century would deliberately choose the kind of birth situation you would have faced as a homesteader back in the sod house days. I guess she's counting on 911. But that's darned pricey. Not to mention a misuse of a public emergency resource.

Never mind the fact that these ever modest ladies have 17 strangers examining their hoohaws by getting emergency care, rather than 2 or 3 medical professionals, if they got the proper care to begin with.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

How true.  What is wrong with these people?  I still remember Anna 9 months pregnant on their New York (I think) bus tour.  She had packed a suitcase with all the items she would need in case of a bus birth.  Could you imagine giving birth on the Stink Bus?  God forbid they would have found the nearest hospital for her to deliver at. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

How true.  What is wrong with these people?  I still remember Anna 9 months pregnant on their New York (I think) bus tour.  She had packed a suitcase with all the items she would need in case of a bus birth.  Could you imagine giving birth on the Stink Bus?  God forbid they would have found the nearest hospital for her to deliver at. 

No kidding. That whole stunt was just incredible.

I often wonder whether they have any idea how terrifying birth was for many people in the not terribly distant past. I assume they don't know, of course. Since one of their chief ethics seems to be: Never find out anything, ever. (The other chief ethic: Be sure you're better than everybody else and make sure to tell the world this as often as possible.) ....

Anyway, big digression from what I first was going to say. I've always thought about my great grandmothers. One of them lost five of the eight children born to her shortly after birth or in infancy (and the three survivors lived to ripe old ages, so a lot of this had to be birth vulnerabilities, not overall family health issues). And another ended up with three children spaced over a 20 year period, interspersed by miscarriage after miscarriage after miscarriage. I'm sure they would have given just about anything for care that might have prevented at least some of what had to be pure horror for them, even though they were among the lucky moms who survived.

Yet these dunderheads just piss on the whole idea of using any medical knowledge. (and I'm not one who thinks that everybody must use the hospital for birth and so on -- I think non-hospital births are fine as long as everybody involved is following best practices and there's careful prenatal observation and care and so on -- no strip-mall-sex-reveal ultrasounds...)

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

What would Jessa do if she ended up giving birth to a child with a physical or mental handicap?  I would never wish that on anyone but I can't see Jessa and Bin handling the situation very well. 

She would either think God gave me this challenge or what did I do to make the Devil mad. I vote for the latter.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

No kidding. That whole stunt was just incredible.

I often wonder whether they have any idea how terrifying birth was for many people in the not terribly distant past. I assume they don't know, of course. Since one of their chief ethics seems to be: Never find out anything, ever. (The other chief ethic: Be sure you're better than everybody else and make sure to tell the world this as often as possible.) ....

Anyway, big digression from what I first was going to say. I've always thought about my great grandmothers. One of them lost five of the eight children born to her shortly after birth or in infancy (and the three survivors lived to ripe old ages, so a lot of this had to be birth vulnerabilities, not overall family health issues). And another ended up with three children spaced over a 20 year period, interspersed by miscarriage after miscarriage after miscarriage. I'm sure they would have given just about anything for care that might have prevented at least some of what had to be pure horror for them, even though they were among the lucky moms who survived.

Yet these dunderheads just piss on the whole idea of using any medical knowledge. (and I'm not one who thinks that everybody must use the hospital for birth and so on -- I think non-hospital births are fine as long as everybody involved is following best practices and there's careful prenatal observation and care and so on -- no strip-mall-sex-reveal ultrasounds...)

Right, and they were quick to use the NICU for Miracle Josie - why didn't they take her home and pray for perfection?  Some part of them must have realized they needed real help.

As an aside, my cousin's grandmother was born in Utah in the late 1800s and later became a doctor, don't know how that happened or if she just called herself a doctor, but anyway, her daughter, my aunt by marriage it was said was born at just over a pound, and they kept her in a shoebox lined with cotton either in or near the oven on low or  pilot light, or what kind of oven, don't know and the father (husband of doctor) fed her whiskey with an eye dropper til she got strong enough for more.  Whether this is true or not it makes a great family story and the aunt grew into a healthy beautiful woman who later gained a million pounds.  These were not religious people.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

My husband's family has a similar story.  I wonder if it was popular to have a story like that in the family history for awhile?

My friend had an aunt who was likewise born weighing just a couple of pounds, and kept in a shoebox warmed by bricks heated in the fireplace. She was just about able to live independently in a small apartment, but was noticeably "off" in her speech and movements. She was born in the winter in backwoods Maine in the 1920's, and lived into her mid-70's.

• Love 2