Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I'm glad Spurge is sitting in a snap on high chair at the table rather than that stupid Boppee seat on the floor. I guess they finally realized he was  too big for it. 

I like how Ben panned to the container of the Chobani yogurt when Jessa said yogurt to Spurge.  Does Boob know his money is going for name brand items?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I'm glad Spurge is sitting in a snap on high chair at the table rather than that stupid Boppee seat on the floor. I guess they finally realized he was  too big for it. 

I like how Ben panned to the container of the Chobani yogurt when Jessa said yogurt to Spurge.  Does Boob know his money is going for name brand items?

I was wondering if it was a paid advertisement. They panned on the name at least twice

• Love 4

I have no problem with Jessa having another so soon. I know lots of people who have 2 kids18mos-2 years apart.  Nothing weird about it.  I will freak if a third follows as quickly.  Also, It looks to me like Ben and Jessa have a pretty healthy relationship going. This cracks me up because their courtship was the one that they looked the most uncomfortable around each other, and that thye didn't even like each other.

She does cook, I've seen lots of videos of her cooking.

ETA:  I had to rush the above.  I meant with Jessa's cooking, she doesn't NOT cook.

We had our wedding guests change from wedding to reception. Wedding was semi-formal in a church. Reception was casual, in my parents beautiful backyard, with traditional southern barbecue, no band or dj, no set schedule. We aren't party people and jusat wanted something relaxing.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

She does cook, I've seen lots of videos of her cooking.

We've seen Jessa's cooking  & her cooking skills leave a lot to be desired especially for someone who was raised  to be a helpmeet.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, ariel said:

We've seen Jessa's cooking  & her cooking skills leave a lot to be desired especially for someone who was raised  to be a helpmeet.

I'm sure you meant to say, show pony! Most of Jessa's growing up years were spent on the stinkbus making appearance for $$$$$.

• Love 3
On November 17, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Love2dance said:

Awwww. I don't like their message or their mission, but I think Spurgie is adorable.

I think he's precious, and he seems to have personality plus, which tells me that Jessa is obviously doing more than just nursing him and then passing him off to whoever (looking at your sorry ass, Clown Car!).  

• Love 14

From what we see in social media, Jessa is leaps and bounds a better parent than JillyNuffin. She has a huge advantage of being a stay-at-home mom and a lost girl babysitting service to help her avoid becoming overwhelmed. As long as Spurgeon and his siblings benefit from the arrangement, it's all good. Get them good educations Jessa, if homeschooling, get a good program. I expect Jill would just hand Izzy over to the lost girls and not take him back until she had to go home, and throw him in with the rest of the flock for his wisdom booklet education.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, sometimesy said:

From what we see in social media, Jessa is leaps and bounds a better parent than JillyNuffin. She has a huge advantage of being a stay-at-home mom and a lost girl babysitting service to help her avoid becoming overwhelmed. As long as Spurgeon and his siblings benefit from the arrangement, it's all good. Get them good educations Jessa, if homeschooling, get a good program. I expect Jill would just hand Izzy over to the lost girls and not take him back until she had to go home, and throw him in with the rest of the flock for his wisdom booklet education.

Love it! JillyNuffin! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I expect Jill would just hand Izzy over to the lost girls and not take him back until she had to go home, and throw him in with the rest of the flock for his wisdom booklet education.

When I read this sentence, I picture a bunch of Dullard babies & toddlers in a playpen looking at (or chewing) their Wisdom Booklets. I guess Izzy will be the teacher since he's oldest. 

• Love 5

If that pic means the grands will be allowed to participate in team sports, then that's a huge feat. Thank you Tim Tebow for showing them a homeschool Christian kid can play ball and not worship Satan. 

I do think huge Families with narcissistic parents condemn team sports because they're too lazy and overwhelmed to take kids to practice, etc. They just use the religion excuse to hide their laziness. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, ariel said:

It looks like they are training him at an early age to be a trained seal for the show.  Now all they need to do is throw him a fish for his performance.

Or a tater tot.

Kid has to do something to earn his keep. He may not get any education, normal social skills, or useful job training. We'll see.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Or a tater tot.

Kid has to do something to earn his keep. He may not get any education, normal social skills, or useful job training. We'll see.

If Jessa's competitive spirit comes out, Spurgeon will go to a Christian private school of some sort. She might not want to turn down an opportunity to minister to the other students. FUinternez the stupid homeschooling please. The plus side is she has school aged children out of her long hair, M-F.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Strange how detached Jessa seems to have bonded far better than Jilly Muffin. A delicious twist really. I hope it continues

In one of her confessionals, Jessa said that it was one thing to be a buddy and quite another to be a mother.  Even her best bud Jinger remarked that she has changed for the better. Jill on the other hand, appears to have a deeper bond with Joy, James and Jenny than she does with Izzy. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If that pic means the grands will be allowed to participate in team sports, then that's a huge feat. Thank you Tim Tebow for showing them a homeschool Christian kid can play ball and not worship Satan. 

I do think huge Families with narcissistic parents condemn team sports because they're too lazy and overwhelmed to take kids to practice, etc. They just use the religion excuse to hide their laziness. 

Michelle blamed not allowing her kids in organized activities on expense and time, when in reality I believe she didn't want her kids exposed to non-Fundies.

• Love 3
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Michelle blamed not allowing her kids in organized activities on expense and time, when in reality I believe she didn't want her kids exposed to non-Fundies.

Absolutely, but also I think was her own inability to manage multiple schedules. Same goes for her homeschooling. Easier to shove some wisdom books and internet programs at kids than to get them all fed, clothed, on the bus, homework done, etc.

Her kids missed out because she was more concerned with her own drive to spit out kid after kid than to let them be involved in sports, scouts, etc.  

I understand expenses would be a concern, but there are plenty of options that have little to expense, or aid for large families. 

• Love 14

Soccer is dirt cheap (and possibly a uniform, which for kids is a printed tee or cheap jersey and a pair of white shorts). And they have a built-in teacher, even if he does live in Texas. 

As for the pic, all I can see is a mini-Boob, especially since they gave him a combover. I'm scared! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Soccer is dirt cheap (cleats and possibly a uniform). And they have a built-in teacher, even if he does live in Texas. 

As for the pic, all I can see is a mini-Boob, especially since they gave him a combover. I'm scared! 

There's no way they can use Exposure to Heathens as an excuse now for not allowing sports. Thank you, Jeremy for proving that wrong too.

• Love 7
On 11/18/2016 at 8:16 PM, farmgal4 said:

I think he's precious, and he seems to have personality plus, which tells me that Jessa is obviously doing more than just nursing him and then passing him off to whoever (looking at your sorry ass, Clown Car!).  

I haven't watched every minute of every episode, but I rembember Ben being the one holding him, carrying him around. Have we see Jessa interacting much with the little guy? [<--I can't bring myself to call him that horrible name.]

• Love 1

How much money are they making from the show? Without sponsors, it can't be much more that $5k/episode, after all the pieces of the pie have been divided. Even so, that means they pulled in about a hundred grand this past year. So much for buying used and saving the difference. Not to mention the teeth whitening. That ain't cheap. All those cute clothes for Spurgey with only one repeat of a onesie in over a year (the jail striped monstrosity). 

So much for "just being a family that happens to be on TV" {TM Jessa}.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, louannems said:

Expensive, big Apple product!

8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

HUGE screen iMac.

Or possibly a huge screen Apple cinema display monitor. In either case, a big ticket item.

12 minutes ago, ariel said:

It probably has an expensive high speed internet connection too.

And they probably have a subscription that lets them live stream U of Arkansas football games, or a TV tuner gadget that lets them watch broadcast TV on their computer. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Or possibly a huge screen Apple cinema display monitor. In either case, a big ticket item.

And they probably have a subscription that lets them live stream U of Arkansas football games, or a TV tuner gadget that lets them watch broadcast TV on their computer. 

But it's all good, cuz it's not a TV. Duggars don't watch TV.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Yes, I agree.  There are more options nowadays to get to selectively participate in mainstream culture, rather than having to subscribe to parts a person may not want to or agree with just to have a modern conveniences. If one doesn't watch much TV due to time or other reasons, it doesn't make sense to pay upwards of $200 for phone, cable, and web access.

A good example of this are the Amish using solar power or batteries.  Now that there are lights and power chargers that are available and other modern things they are now permitted to use because they don't conflict with their beliefs. Being able to use stick on lights and other portable  innovations makes their lives far easier.  Though they seem old fashioned by most people's reckoning, in many ways, they have kept up with the times in other ways.

They have communal telephones for emergency use, for instance, because that just makes sense.  Sometimes religious communities allow certain instances.

Those that would say the Duggars are "backsliding", and maybe they are, but that's between them and their philosophy to deal with.  Maybe Gothardism allows special dispensations much like RCC and Orthodox rabbis do, but they wouldn't necessarily call it that. 

But yeah, who's dumb enough to post their expensive toys online? I'd be more annoyed with them for that than watching the Razorbacks play.  Seeing crowd behavior of drinking and rude gestures and defrauding clothing and cheerleaders, now as to how they reconcile that...I guess because you just can't get away from it.   It doesn't hurt them to see what's going on around them; they can always choose to walk away and not participate.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Those that would say the Duggars are "backsliding", and maybe they are, but that's between them and their philosophy to deal with.  

And that gives us every right to call out their hypocrisy

Edited by ariel
  • Love 9

Just an observation:

TV is safer now than the internet. 

I have teens and I WISH they would watch TV.  The internet has everything and anything you want in one simple click.  Ask Josh. 

So the Duggs might not want to brag about the "no TV" like they are so superior.  Exhibit A: Josh

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That also reminds me another expenditure incurred by the Seewalds: Razorback tickets for multiple games the past three seasons. Not cheap, although I suppose they save some money by not tailgating. 

Don't give Jessa any ideas.  I can just picture her doing tailgating food videos wearing her Razorback apron, thinking she was the first one to invent spicy wings or brats & peppers.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Don't give Jessa any ideas.  I can just picture her doing tailgating food videos thinking she was the first one to invent spicy wings or brats & peppers.

No way.  Ree Drummond  was the first to invent that. ;)

• Love 7

Jessa would never do it, because she's so sure she's awesome and fault free, but she'd do better to admit that she can't cook and spend a portion of her lame TV show taking cooking lessons.  She could do a talking head where she'd simply say that with her large family, they tended to gravitate to the chores they did well, and cooking wasn't her thing.  She helped in the kitchen sometimes, but she wasn't enthusiastic about it and just went through the motions.

Now that she's married and cooking for just herself and her small family (stop giggling), she's discovered that she doesn't know a lot about nutrition and cooking for a small family.  Cut to her kitchen where some poor soul is trying to teach her how to make simple recipes while explaining basic nutrition, the food pyramid, portion sizes, etc.  Ben can wander around in the background with Spud, taste test, and help set the table for the meal.  Show a brief scene where they're eating a nice dinner and Ben offering to clean the kitchen.

Obviously, the "Jessa learns to cook" thing would get boring if done in every episode, but there are a lot of things that Jessa and Ben could do each week that would be better than the lame stuff they're doing right now.  Ben learns basic lawn mower maintenance and mows the lawn (you know Jessa would never do that!).  They go as a couple to the pediatrician and learn about child development, feeding and sleeping requirements, and even things like vaccinations!  Will they or won't they, and why?  You get the picture. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Ben learns basic lawn mower maintenance and mows the lawn (you know Jessa would never do that!). 

Actually, I may be hallucinating but think I remember Jessa writing at one point that she did mow lawns at some Boob properties. I think she liked swinging one of the riding mowers around the corners or something. ... Now, a mower where you have to walk -- nope, we won't find Jessa using that one, I'm sure. lol

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Actually, I may be hallucinating but think I remember Jessa writing at one point that she did mow lawns at some Boob properties. I think she liked swinging one of the riding mowers around the corners or something. ... Now, a mower where you have to walk -- nope, we won't find Jessa using that one, I'm sure. lol

Yeah, I was thinking of Ben using a walk-behind mower for the small lawn at the mold house.  I didn't think about him mowing lawns at the other Duggar properties, where a riding mower might be helpful.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Don't give Jessa any ideas.  I can just picture her doing tailgating food videos wearing her Razorback apron, thinking she was the first one to invent spicy wings or brats & peppers.

I want them to do a take off on the Door Knock Dinners from years ago at the Duggars (all the various households).  The premise was a chef came to your door and if you agreed they would cook a meal out of what you had in your house.  Some homes were quite challenging (only cases of Kraft Mac and Cheese, I Can't Believe Its Not Butter and the like) and others were a dream for the chef (Danish homeowner who had expensive cheese and all kinds of veggies).  I found it fascinating what people kept in their fridge/pantry/freezer.  

• Love 5