Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Nysha said:

I could see how they wouldn't want to use the wood stove with an unstable toddler toddling around. Plus, they're a lot of work: getting wood, chopping it to fit, bringing it in, sweeping the mess, cleaning out the ashes. 

Well, they are both unemployed so they certainly have the time.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jessa on the couch, as usual!

Oh, how I remember what it feels like when the baby is moving around!  It starts out feeling like a butterfly is fluttering around in your belly.  The first time I felt that, I was thinking "Is that really the baby?  It feels like what I was told the first movements feel like, but maybe it's just gas?"  For me, at the beginning I could only feel the butterflies if I was lying still, but soon the butterfly got bigger and stronger and I'd feel it sometimes when I was standing or sitting quietly.  More time passed, and I knew for a fact that my baby was moving, but I could only tell someone about it; they couldn't see it. 

It was strange when the baby was big enough to really show off for other people.  On one hand, I felt like I'd lost a bit of the special closeness that I felt when baby would move and only I knew about it, but on the other hand it was exciting sit and put a glass of water on my belly and watch the water twitch.  (Fair warning, this is the point where a lot of people are overcome with the desire to lay hands on your stomach so they can get a second hand feel!)  By the time the baby was big enough to make my belly rise on one side and deflate on the other, only to have the big part move from one side to the next, I was suffering through the stories of those who'd gone before and dealing with the people who looked at me like I was about to rip apart and have an alien burst out!

My first baby thought it was amusing to press her head against my pelvis, her feet against my lower ribs, and then stretch.  I'd be sitting there just fine and suddenly I'd be bent over backwards as the little bugger decided that she was feeling cramped and would make more room the only way she could.  That always got a laugh from the audience.  For a finishing touch, she'd move her head from side to side like she was looking for the exit.  I never quite got used to that sensation.

Good times.  I wish I'd had a video camera to document it.  No snark on Jessa from me for this.  (But having a camera crew present to document the birth is something I'd never have consented to.  I have my limits.)

• Love 12

It seems to me, and I speak as someone whose husband is not a natural "cuddler", that as the baby gets to that stage,  it doesn't take a video perspective to give him the idea of what it feels like. Just lying in bed in any sort of proximity when your belly has its own zip code is enough for the other person to get kicked firsthand! Makes me wonder how close they are.

• Love 5

I imagine Benny Boy stays up late reading/studying many nights, so she is likely asleep by the time he rolls into bed. And we've seen his pics from the early morning coffee shop for the same reason. I guess with a toddler around, it's impossible for him to study during the day. Not to mention, I guess there are some days when he's Boob's lackey for pocket money. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They just look like Bibles to me. 

I was joking about the complete works of Spurgeon. That would require active looking in a used-book store -- and I think they may be of the devil. (or at least require an interest in reading). 

But, yeah, it'd be like them to have six identical bibles lined up next to each other on the mantel.

• Love 3
On 12/1/2016 at 4:40 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I imagine Benny Boy stays up late reading/studying many nights, so she is likely asleep by the time he rolls into bed. And we've seen his pics from the early morning coffee shop for the same reason. I guess with a toddler around, it's impossible for him to study during the day. Not to mention, I guess there are some days when he's Boob's lackey for pocket money. 

She may be asleep....doesn't mean the baby is. Ben could still get kicked around pretty soundly! lol Maybe he DOES resort to sleeping on the couch after a hard night of studying. 

I have no problem with the mismatched stockings either. I had just meant to imply that they are such "pinterest" followers, it didn't go with her artsy crafty stuff she usually does.

Thinking about having 19 stockings actually kind of makes me laugh that they didn't take advantage of yet another way to show Meeschelles specialness by tacking up a new stocking each time.

• Love 4
On 12/1/2016 at 2:46 PM, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Ben goes to bed when Jessa tells him too.

I wonder if he gets to pick out a bedtime story?

On 12/5/2016 at 8:40 AM, Ripley68 said:

I have no problem with the mismatched stockings either. I had just meant to imply that they are such "pinterest" followers, it didn't go with her artsy crafty stuff she usually does.

Thinking about having 19 stockings actually kind of makes me laugh that they didn't take advantage of yet another way to show Meeschelles specialness by tacking up a new stocking each time.

You know if they hung 19 stockings they would be her old compression socks.  They do not splurge on new things for the kids.  Picture it.  I did and it made me laugh.

• Love 10
On 12/6/2016 at 3:12 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Okay, as someone on a compression sock odyssey these last few weeks for my swollen ankled MIL (who knew there were grades), I LOLed. ?

Have you tried Goodhew? ( which spell check  tried to change  to Godhew), I use the and they are comfortable  . 

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Okay, as someone on a compression sock odyssey these last few weeks for my swollen ankled MIL (who knew there were grades), I LOLed. ?

Sigvaris are fantastic...very comfortable...I use 20 to 30 mm Hg....I call them my Supergirl tights...they do make a difference. I had issues after no kids, so no doubt Michelle was probably glad to wear them...after 19 kids, she's still got those defrauding knees.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2016 at 2:29 PM, Natalie68 said:
On 12/5/2016 at 11:40 AM, Ripley68 said:

You know if they hung 19 stockings they would be her old compression socks.  They do not splurge on new things for the kids.  Picture it.  I did and it made me laugh.

Thinking about 19 stockings hung reminds me of the Who stockings in the "Grinch Who Stole Christmas."  Besides, if they are going to hang 19 for the kids, they probably would have to hang stockings for spouses and grandkids.  That would really look like a  Who mantle.  16 stockings wouldn't be as impressive to Mechelle.

• Love 1

Well, between this new sighting and pictures posted earlier today, it may well be that the Duggars went on a family trip to Hawaii or somewhere that uses San Francisco as a layover. Duggar Studios filmed Joy making pumpkin balls. Easy enough to save and post days later as a diversion tactic. It wouldn't be the first time they've done this to throw off the leghumpers. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

An Internet FU...gasp

Nah, bet it's one of those vanity ultrasound strip-mall studios. They were getting their kid's first pick and finding out the gender. No need for a medical ultrasound, because, you know, Jesus.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Nah, bet it's one of those vanity ultrasound strip-mall studios. They were getting their kid's first pick and finding out the gender. No need for a medical ultrasound, because, you know, Jesus.

Or Dr. Jill

• Love 2

Would they really wait until 32 weeks for the first ultrasound? I thought Jessa said that she already had one. I suspect she got the typical 20-weeker, if only to find out gender. 

If she waited this long, she is really more cavalier/stupid than I previously imagined her to be.

eta: Right after I hit submit reply it occurred to me that the Duggars definitely are playing with timelines. If Jessa is due on 2/2, wouldn't she have been 32 weeks LAST week? Funny how she's posting stuff now that there are reports of the Seewalds at the airport the same day we knew Derick was flying? And the Duggars posting stupid videos of pumpkin balls? 

I guess there's no missioncation for them after all this year. More on that in the Dullard thread, since they are/were the primary players in SOS.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Would they really wait until 32 weeks for the first ultrasound? I thought Jessa said that she already had one. I suspect she got the typical 20-weeker, if only to find out gender. 

If she waited this long, she is really more cavalier/stupid than I previously imagined her to be.

eta: Right after I hit submit reply it occurred to me that the Duggars definitely are playing with timelines. If Jessa is due on 2/2, wouldn't she have been 32 weeks LAST week? Funny how she's posting stuff now that there are reports of the Seewalds at the airport the same day we knew Derick was flying? And the Duggars posting stupid videos of pumpkin balls? 

I guess there's no missioncation for them after all this year. More on that in the Dullard thread, since they are/were the primary players in SOS.

Vanity scans are nothing more than a picture, the photographers technicians do not have medical training, so even if she had one prior to 32 weeks it would have no medical benefit.

Actually, I went to her twitter and looked at the actual tweet, which I hadn't done before (and can't see IG posts, obviously). 

The post was a #tbt to her 20-week scan, with a mention that she's now at 32 weeks. So, not as stupid as I thought, but you know she still did this at one of those stripmall places and only to find out the sex. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, between this new sighting and pictures posted earlier today, it may well be that the Duggars went on a family trip to Hawaii or somewhere that uses San Francisco as a layover. Duggar Studios filmed Joy making pumpkin balls. Easy enough to save and post days later as a diversion tactic. It wouldn't be the first time they've done this to throw off the leghumpers. 

What if the whole family is going to meet Jeremy and Jinger in Australia? I mean, they have not been sighted in the US yet. Idk how a pastor can have sooooo many Sundays off for a month-long honeymoon, but it would make a little sense. 

• Love 2

There's no way that JinJer are still in Australia; a low-rent pastor, even one who's newly making some bank off of reality TV and a People Magazine spread, doesn't take a month-long vacation. I read that they ended up not going to NZ due to the earthquake; I'm sure Christchurch was on the itinerary for obvious reasons, and it was pretty much the epicenter. 

I *can* see Duggars Do Hawaii as a vehicle to really get the entire family back on the show again. This may also include Josh. If you take him out of the scene of his "crimes" (even though it wasn't the same house, I know), it might be easier for even some critics to swallow his presence. 

It may also just be a "couples' trip" with just the Dullards and Seewalds, leaving the kids back in Arkansas with Jana. 

As I have been saying, if they're going to El Salvador, they needed to leave no later than today, since the actual missioncationing starts tomorrow. Maybe Benessa did just drop the Dullards off at the airport, but that's an odd choice, since there are how many drivers at the TTH, which is right next door to the Pool House, while Benessa are like 5 miles away. That makes me think that the Seewalds are part of this trip, whatever it may be. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

We don't know who did or didn't go, but if it's really a trip to Hawaii, I noted (maybe in Jill's thread?) that they probably left the kids back at the TTH. 

Jessa flew before at 36 weeks when she was doing those Southern Women's Shows. To her credit, she did cancel the one planned when she was 38 weeks, but it was a last-minute thing, IIRC. 

But if someone spotted them at the airport, it was highly unlikely that they were in their car. I just don't get them dropping off the Dullards and going inside the airport to do it. From what we've seen, Duggars drop off at the curb, but have huge welcome back contingents. 

Ergo, they were going somewhere with the Dullards, and since it's been radio silence about the trip except for Derick posting about the Rockies and a layover in San Francisco which tell us virtually nothing, other than speculation on possible final destinations. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Actually, I went to her twitter and looked at the actual tweet, which I hadn't done before (and can't see IG posts, obviously). 

The post was a #tbt to her 20-week scan, with a mention that she's now at 32 weeks. So, not as stupid as I thought, but you know she still did this at one of those stripmall places and only to find out the sex. 

Thank you for saying sex instead of gender!

• Love 7

Precisely. I wonder what they call the boring missionary stuff going on in the bedroom every now and again (hopefully Mechelle is spared by Boob's ED or something). 

But at any rate, the XX/XY chromosome thing, that's SEX. How you express yourself is your gender. Of course, that second part isn't even an issue for Duggars or other fundies, since you must express the gender which corresponds to your sex. Oh HAI!!!! huge ass baby bows! Or if you're a little boy, you might be poured into a dumptruck for a photo op. Yay! 

• Love 7

Gender is still used in the medical community, and in much of the general population, when referring to the sex of someone. Like many words in the English language it can mean one of many things. I'm not going to beat the Duggars up on this one, or myself.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 10

The idea of gender being something different than bows bigger than baby girls' heads and baby boys in a suit and dump truck would be too much for the Duggs and their ilk to comprehend.  My best friend's niece came out recently as gender fluid, so we are surrounding her with all the love and support for her to feel safe and proud  to just be who she is.  When I first heard the news from my friend, my first thought was "Suck it, Duggars! There's so much out there that isn't all black and white that you'd never be able to wrap your tiny minds around it!"

• Love 8
2 hours ago, zoomama said:

'gender fluid'

forgive me, but i have never heard this term. can you enlighten me?

"Gender fluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender which varies over time. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male, female, neutrois, or any other non-binary identity, or some combination of identities. Their gender can also vary at random or vary in response to different circumstances. Gender fluid people may also identify as multigender, non-binary and/or transgender. 

Gender fluid people who feel that the strength of their gender(s) change(s) over time, or that they are sometimes agender, may identify as gender flux."

I don't understand it, you may not understand it either. But don't ever question it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

"Gender fluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender which varies over time. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male, female, neutrois, or any other non-binary identity, or some combination of identities. Their gender can also vary at random or vary in response to different circumstances. Gender fluid people may also identify as multigender, non-binary and/or transgender. 

Gender fluid people who feel that the strength of their gender(s) change(s) over time, or that they are sometimes agender, may identify as gender flux."

I don't understand it, you may not understand it either. But don't ever question it. 

thanks for explaining that....it is rather confusing, thats for sure.

• Love 1