Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I expect that of CNMs, but wasn't sure what CPMs were capable of doing/ordering since they're not affiliated with doctors/hospitals. 

Well, officially, CPMs are supposed to deal with very routine births, so I think that at least in most states they're only supposed to notice when something non-routine pops up and call somebody else to administer or order whatever has to be administered or ordered for it. If there's any complication, they're supposed to know who to call and to call them, basically.

What a difference between the Duggar & Bates gals regarding childbirth. Maybe it's because the Bates spouses  have normal health insurance covering hospital births.  Erin had Brooklyn on this week's episode of Up with Bates & couldn't get an epidural fast enough.  It seemed like it was the only thing she had on her mind at her  prenatal visit & she was funny discussing it with the doctor.  

This is just my opinion but I can't get around that Jessa  probably isn't having any prenatal care except for Jill, if that .  Once again, if she was,  it would be shown or mentioned on the show. Even if the OB or midwife wouldnt allow cameras in the office, they could still mention going & how the visit went.  The same thing with Izzy & Spurge getting well child visits including vaccinations - don't think it's happening or we would have seen or heard about it. (Just a little side story - I know of a semi-fundy family that didn't believe in shots for the kids & their son ended up with Whooping Cough which almost killed him. So now every time he gets a cold, it's a very big deal &  almost always ends up in the hospital with breathing problems.)

Have Benessa said if they are planning on another home birth?  I thought Jessa mentioned something in passing like they haven't decided yet.  

• Love 2
On 10/27/2016 at 8:52 PM, louannems said:

The filth runny down the dishwasher door, the floor, and even the cabinet front is disgusting.  All those stay at home adults!  Grab some Murphy's Oil Soap and clean those cabinets!  Take some Windex to that dishwasher!  Scrub that floor!

I would not mInd at all if a toddler plays with plastic items in a bottom drawer.  But, a 20 lb toddler sitting on the drawer can easily break the runners.  Cabinets are expensive!

But he is adorable!

Similar cabinets and floor in our house. Older but much cleaner than the Dugs', but after seeing that photo of filth and grime, hubby and I set on a cabinet scrubbing mission this weekend. Who says the Duggars never spread good into the world?

• Love 20
7 hours ago, Barb23 said:

What a difference between the Duggar & Bates gals regarding childbirth. Maybe it's because the Bates spouses  have normal health insurance covering hospital births.  Erin had Brooklyn on this week's episode of Up with Bates & couldn't get an epidural fast enough.  It seemed like it was the only thing she had on her mind at her  prenatal visit & she was funny discussing it with the doctor.  

This is just my opinion but I can't get around that Jessa  probably isn't having any prenatal care except for Jill, if that .  Once again, if she was,  it would be shown or mentioned on the show. Even if the OB or midwife wouldnt allow cameras in the office, they could still mention going & how the visit went.  The same thing with Izzy & Spurge getting well child visits including vaccinations - don't think it's happening or we would have seen or heard about it. (Just a little side story - I know of a semi-fundy family that didn't believe in shots for the kids & their son ended up with Whooping Cough which almost killed him. So now every time he gets a cold, it's a very big deal &  almost always ends up in the hospital with breathing problems.)

Have Benessa said if they are planning on another home birth?  I thought Jessa mentioned something in passing like they haven't decided yet.  

Heck, they showed Anna going to that midwife's shack of an "office" before, so there's both precedence and major snark potential unless Jessa steps it up, breaks down, and sees a real doctor or CNM.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Similar cabinets and floor in our house. Older but much cleaner than the Dugs', but after seeing that photo of filth and grime, hubby and I set on a cabinet scrubbing mission this weekend. Who says the Duggars never spread good into the world?

Yeah, you're right. I noticed its time for me to give my kitchen cabinets a good scrubbing as well. My husband desperately needs glasses but won't cop to it...he seems oblivious to the drips and spills and crumbs ...

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yeah, you're right. I noticed its time for me to give my kitchen cabinets a good scrubbing as well. My husband desperately needs glasses but won't cop to it...he seems oblivious to the drips and spills and crumbs ...

I understand. My husband doesn't care, and I'm too busy. However, #1 son announced his girlfriend and her extended family are coming to our house for Thanksgiving. I'm eager to make a good impression, so the house needs to be clean. This is beginning to sound like a courtship move :-). 

• Love 8

We lived in Arkansas when our kids were small, and we didn't have two nickels to rub together. Believe me, we still managed to scrape up money for well child visits, but I recall getting some if their shots at the county health department to save money. Surely there are similar options available in their county.

For that matter, shouldn't the children be eligible for the state's health insurance program for uninsured kids? I think it's called ARKids in AR. 

If I were to find out the Duggars were anti-vaxers, I think my head would officially explode.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Portia said:

For that matter, shouldn't the children be eligible for the state's health insurance program for uninsured kids? I think it's called ARKids in AR. 

At this point, it depends on how much money they're actually making from TLC. With only one kid, the income limits are fairly low.

http://www.arkidsfirst.com/elig.htm

Of course, if they're making more than the limit, then they could just get him the shots and the well-baby visits if they aren't insured. They're not that expensive, especially when protecting your kids' health is the issue. It's not as if they have to pay a mortgage or rent.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Portia said:

We lived in Arkansas when our kids were small, and we didn't have two nickels to rub together. Believe me, we still managed to scrape up money for well child visits, but I recall getting some if their shots at the county health department to save money. Surely there are similar options available in their county.

If I were to find out the Duggars were anti-vaxers, I think my head would officially explode.

Right? Maybe not exactly "anti".  More like, "Vaccines? Wait. What? Can we pick those up at Walgreens? Where I get the xannies. And Aqua Net." 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa's not a nice person so I don't feel bad for saying it, but her looks are shot. She's on pace to out-frump even Michelle. The Duggar marriage curse claims another victim.

Agreed. She'll be a wreck by 30.

• Love 7

Compared to the horror show of Phillip Waller's first photo shoot, this is a really nice picture. Spurge is the happiest little ball of chub.

I'd happily take "shot" looks like Jessa's (no disrespect to the snark posted above--Duggar snark is always good).  Spurgie has no idea that he is soon no longer going to be the center of anyone's universe.  Why have another baby so quickly!!--I still can't get over that.  It's like shoving Halloween candy into your mouth one piece after another.  Stop and savor each one, people!

• Love 15

Glad they thought it was amusing that everyone at the wedding froze their asses off.

Ugh. Don't tell me you both have colds and then kiss. Kinda gross to everyone else even if you do kiss when you are both all sick and drippy. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Their wedding started an hour late and all their guests had to wait outside in the freezing cold for them? Are you kidding me? 

The best part of that is Jessa doesn't feel bad, but is all smug that they had to wait for her in misery. How gracious.

• Love 9

How absolutely insipid. The weather then and now. they're going to have breakfast. They have colds.  They're going on a date, which means eating out, which they do nearly all the time anyway. Punctuated by their airhead heh-heh nervous laughter.  Incredibly awkward kiss. 

• Love 7

Almost lost my breakfast over that video.  A new pair of glasses for Ben? Think this was posted recently but  Boob must have great vision insurance cuz it seems like Ben is always wearing a different pair. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Almost lost my breakfast over that video.  A new pair of glasses for Ben? Think this was posted recently but  Boob must have great vision insurance cuz it seems like Ben is always wearing a different pair. 

Or Ben buys his frames from a discounter online, or does BOGO deals at Costco or Sam's, where they can be super cheap. If he's working outside a lot, he might want to have a rotation in case one pair gets destroyed.

As someone who once destroyed her only pair of glasses (while on vacation!) I sympathize. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why do they still kiss like two inexperienced middle schoolers? I can't even imagine how embarrassingly awkward their sex life must be.

First impressions of the photo, it's very cute, Spurgeon laughing, but the kiss? They did it again in the video. Is that for real. They go in with duck beaks? I've noticed the marrieds really like to kiss a lot, especially in front of the siblings. Just odd to me. Learned from their parents I suppose.

Bin is getting dumber, and where is his family. FU internetz this Seewalds. Did Boob bury them on the compound?

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

First impressions of the photo, it's very cute, Spurgeon laughing, but the kiss? They did it again in the video. Is that for real. They go in with duck beaks? I've noticed the marrieds really like to kiss a lot, especially in front of the siblings. Just odd to me. Learned from their parents I suppose.

And then smoosh the duck beaks half a turn to the side...What is that supposed to be? Proof that they know all about "real" kissing without getting graphic? Or IS that their version of a passionate kiss? I just find it awkward and confusing.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And then smoosh the duck beaks half a turn to the side...What is that supposed to be? Proof that they know all about "real" kissing without getting graphic? Or IS that their version of a passionate kiss? I just find it awkward and confusing.

Sort of like those fish lip pecks that SmugAnna regaled us with in happier times.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jessa stares seductively at the camera, occasionally looks at Bin, and gets back to her pose. Repeat. Repeat. Basically, this is a video of Jessa making love to a camera. Bin is there as a prop. 

Jessa's IMO the hottest and most telegenic Duggar daughter. Too bad she's stuck in the cult and doesn't have a future on TV without them. And I'm sure she knows it. She's put a toe in the water - beyond her social media posts - toward having her own media career with that much-panned cooking video on YouTube, and maybe more stuff that I can't remember. But she doesn't have the savvy or skills to build up her own brand or land her own show, and she'd be working against JB to try to do it anyway. Her only hope is that TLC keeps Counting On. 

ETA: Not only is she telegenic, there's that "mean girl" vibe she gives off, that adds some edge and interest. I know, everybody thinks St. Jana is sweet, but basically she talks as little as possible. IMO all the Duggar sisters - except Jessa - onscreen have the spark and personality of a dish of vanilla pudding. Or a log. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 15

Jessa is definitely a really pretty girl, but her personality takes away some of her shine, IMO.

What I find interesting is, when looking at pictures of Jana, Joy, Jinge, Jessa and Jill, they are all very pretty in their own way, without actually looking too much alike.

In contrast are the Duggar boys, who I still cannot tell apart without subtitles telling me who I am looking at.  They seem to, for the most part, have inherited JB's looks, but with receding hairlines.

• Love 9