Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Big Fat Breakup

• Start Topic

I agree with so many of your comments. I firmly believe now that this show is 100% producer driven and scripted.

There were a few shots of Roy at the dance competition looking bored to tears. I honestly think that the day of the comp, production called Roy and said, "hey! Got any plans today?", and poor Roy innocently said no, and that just put the ball in motion. They threw a bouquet of flowers at him as he walked into his mystery location and a one page script with some key words like "talented" and "amazing" and told him good luck. What a joke.

I'm no dancer, even though I enjoy watching from time to time, but even my untrained eye can see that Whitney's feet were all over the place and technique was lacking. Finishing second? B.S.

And the stairs? No way she finished in that time. I couldn't figure out why her shirt was rolled up though. Was just her midriff warm? 

Ay yi yi. The reunion is going to be epic.

• Love 12

I'm just finishing up the episode and gurrrll, you wanted to marry him? This guy that is clearly not that interested in you? This useless lump? If that is what you were seriously thinking you don't love yourself. Stop trying to save the world from body shaming if you don't even have your own house close to in order.

• Love 8

So many things wrong in this episode!  Faux dance competition,  the poorly-measured dresses,  the elephant tights,  the butt shot, the makeup,  the fake eye problem --Whit cd have danced in one spot without contacts,  plus she had solution in the car,  but not a spare pair of glasses, next to her smokes and lighter? -- the disturbingly overly-proud parents,  body-shaming Todd, Roy showing up for his paycheck with flowers, Whit being a bitch to Tal,  fake breakup with Yukon, one-time run up the stairs (with breaks so timing stopped for sure), plus all the crying,  etc. 

I was watching with my ex who hasn't seen the  show before, so it was fun snarking live and telling him how the internet hates her.  Whit's despicable.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 12

I think Whitney looked like she was having fun dancing and I applaud anyone trying something new. It doesn't matter if she was good at it, if she didn't have a pretty dress cause she was fat, or that she wasn't as graceful as the others. Anytime someone tries something new it is a good thing. If I were Whitney and read the comments online about myself, I would curl up in a ball and never get out of bed. I also think it is great she is not giving up on training. Yes, she has a long way to go, but any effort to move is great. My opinion, of course.

• Love 13

Well, I was responding to the many comments that she looked ungraceful, her dress was ugly, her leggings were bunched up, she was bad at dancing etc. All of these dance things on reality shows are probably rigged (see Dance Moms). I agree that she wouldn't have won in a professional or real competition, but you don't see that on reality TV. 

• Love 9

I wonder how good Whitney could be at ballroom if she wasn't sooooo hindered by her weight. Ballroom could be a great outlet and fun activity, but I think at her size, she literally cannot do a lot of the moves or even have proper technique because of all the fat in the way

I think she would be loads better if she lost 100 lbs. She would still be overweight but not in this nearly immobile state. Hopefully she will realize this and get her shit together

For me, I applaud her for getting out there and trying new things but it is infuriating that she is literally disable-ing her self! This is totally 100% self inflicted, and I don't for one feel bad about her not being able to do things like put on shoes when if she actually tried she could improve her quality of life. Its kind of like someone with 15 DUIS complaining about not having a license. 

I just think of all the people who would LOVE to be healthy but can't because they have catastrophic injury or disease they cannot control like cancer or got in a car accident. I hope she snaps out of whatever depression/food addiction before she wastes the best years of her life!!! she is 31 and cannot put on shoes! Its so SAD and I think she really truly needs professional help/anti depressants/ therapy as to WHY she is doing this to herself.

Is she going to have children? Could she even bend down and pick up a toddler? Does she realize that if motherhood is in her future she needs to get healthy NOW??

Sorry for the rant. 

• Love 12

Ah...where to begin with this episode...? First off - I totally agree about the dance competition's producer-driven shenanigans. And as anyone who's following "The Hills" update with Lauren Conrad - EVERYTHING in a reality show is scripted and staged. But I still think they owe viewers a semblance of a 'real life'...and I truly don't see that at all with this show. Whitney has gotten to be completely unbearable and I blame her parents as the primo enablers. I understand going to see her at the dance 'competition' but some of their reactions and comments were completely OTT. I mean - this is a 32 year old woman - not a tween. They coddle and baby her and look where it's headed. They are going to literally coddle her to death. I was so happy that Tal gave her a bit of reality check there but he even looped around and called her a 'queen' (barf) at the end. And Will coming back to train her made my angry. I thought he was better than that. Why is he tethering his horse to this trainwreck? It can't end well and doesn't present his judgment and professionalism in the best light IMO.

I just don't see a way forward for her until she tackles the food issue. That is first and foremost. Moving around a little every week is not going to do the trick. Sorry...she needs tough love...not constant coddling and passive aggressiveness. I couldn't stand to be her friend as I think she's emotionally draining and takes, takes, takes and gives very little.

And the reunion looks to be more of the same constant tongue bathing from her cadre of enablers. The preview I've seen shows that comic being super aggressive and nasty. I think her points are 100% valid but I wish she'd present them in a more reasoned, measured way. Attacking viciously just gives Whitney and her minions more ammo to play the 'woe is me/victim' card. And completely lose the message in the messaging. She needs help and all the shaming in the world isn't going to do anything for her. Wait until she reaches the age where it becomes even HARDER to lose weight. If she doesn't get to a reasonable size soon - she is going to be in a world of hurt. And any vestiges of 'fabulousness' will be far gone. Truly sad spectacle...

• Love 13
3 hours ago, seasons said:

I'm sorry, but that was just beyond sad. Something deeper. They were watching their 32 year old, morbidly obese, jobless daughter dancing around [...] in some sort of farce rigged thing. Remembering watching her soccer games and now this. They were literally glowing.

That is a very good point.  They do treat her like a 10 yr old princess, bring her surprise gifts, glow in her twee accomplishments, etc.  No wonder she's not grown up.  She doesn't want to be anything but a 10 yr old princess... so precious that laying on the floor to have her boss feel her keister should have all the adults in the room coo about how what an adorable kitten she is.  What a cute wittle girl, wiggling her tush.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, John M said:

I'm just finishing up the episode and gurrrll, you wanted to marry him? This guy that is clearly not that interested in you?

It was actually funny that Whitney sets up this serious conversation, soft sad voice, breaking it to Lennie ever so gently.   He says, ok, gets up and leaves. LOL

• Love 20

When Whitney was running down those stairs, and yelling at Will who was in front of her to get out of the way, all I could think of was she is going to fall, and roll right over that poor man and maim him.

• Love 17
54 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

That is a very good point.  They do treat her like a 10 yr old princess, bring her surprise gifts, glow in her twee accomplishments, etc.  No wonder she's not grown up.  She doesn't want to be anything but a 10 yr old princess... so precious that laying on the floor to have her boss feel her keister should have all the adults in the room coo about how what an adorable kitten she is.  What a cute wittle girl, wiggling her tush.

Yes her parents have given her an over abundance of attention and confidence to the point where it's literally killing Whitney. They are 70 years old and won't be around much longer. Your daughter can't even put on shoes! Stop clapping for everything she does!

• Love 16
15 hours ago, aliya said:

I assume Whit had to have her dresses made for her - in which case, her seamstress doesn't know how to measure for her shape.

That was in the Extra Fablous version of the previous episode.
She was measured, but she ordeed cleavage and bling.
The dressmaker said she'd done a lot of people larger than Whitney.

• Love 4

I think Whitney's parents have a strong desire to nurture. That's why they have so many pets and why they still treat Whitney like a blossoming pre-teen. It would be interesting to see how the family dynamics change if Whitney's brother were to have children. I think grandkids are what Whitney's parents actually want.

I don't think Whitney's parents would normally be so proud of her mediocre accomplishments, but they've clearly lowered their standards for her. I don't think that's a bad thing. For example, if you have a child who is only capable of getting a C-average GPA, you shouldn't hold them to A-average standards. Celebrate them when they're able to get a B.

• Love 10

I just can't feel guilty for snarking on her. That's why I love this site. I have zero Whitney love. If I did, I'd skedaddle over to the show's FB page, or her own page, and slather it on with the disturbingly number of other people that do. She's a 32-year-old woman that acts like a pre-teen (not even a teenager). I don't think she "tried something new." I think the production company (not even TLC) came up with a plot line, gave her a few lessons for "show", and set up a fake dance competition. I don't think she wanted to ballroom dance, enjoyed it, got anything out of it, or will ever do it again. (Until Dancing with the Stars scrapes the bottom of the barrel and asks her.)

I saw nothing commendable about her in this episode. She was a bitch to Tal (an actual friend and NOT someone trying to kiss her hiney), rude to Will (I won't even comment on her strangely arrogant remark to him at the end), and manipulative to those around her. She exercised because someone was there to watch her (Will). She was going to go home until he showed up. I highly doubt she'll do it again if the cameras aren't around. 

You can tell when the production crew likes someone. I didn't care for Tawny on Naked and Afraid. Then I watched an extended scene and saw her having a breakdown and a producer sitting next to her, crying along with her. She got a good edit because she was liked. When they start showing the "bad" stuff, that's usually an indication that something is up. They could have very easily NOT shown Whitney making an ass out of herself throughout the season. Careful editing could have ignored some of that shit. Hell, they know that people like success stories. (Look at Henry's edit on My 600-Pound Life, and Amber's.) They know that stuff sells, too. Whitney's could have been the same. It wasn't. That, to me, is VERY telling. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

It was actually funny that Whitney sets up this serious conversation, soft sad voice, breaking it to Lennie ever so gently.   He says, ok, gets up and leaves. LOL

Reminds me of this SNL Skit hahahaha

• Love 13

When Tal was talking to Whit on the sofa, she mentioned something about "working a 9-5 job". I thought it was prefaced with an "if" like she couldn't imagine having to work 9-5 like the rest of us or that she was above us by not having to work 9-5.  Did anyone else catch this & what she meant by it?  I recorded show but too lazy to watch again.

• Love 2

Thanks for the 9-5 answer.  Too bad she doesn't have a 9-5 job to realize how most of the world functions. 

It looks like Glenn still works somewhat at his age, does anyone know what he does?   Must be a good job to live the life they do including supporting your 32 year old useless daughter. 

Why didn't TLC interview the ballroom dancing teacher after the big wins to get her feelings?  After all, she should have taken some of the credit.  Just another point that it was fake. 

• Love 6

I'll give credit to Whitney for really having an eye problem.  Her eyes got very red very quickly.  And as someone who has super sensitive eyes, I can attest that it can be hard to function when your eyes are burning and streaming tears.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Todd looked pretty good in the ballroom scenes but Whit was totally wooden.  Most of us could have done better.  I thought I read that Todd actually lives in NYC, but he sure spends a lot of time in North Carolina to help Whitney out with this crappy show.

Whitney must think her stomach is one of her better features.  Bless her heart.

That's a Southern way of saying, "What an idiot." Right?

• Love 15
5 hours ago, John M said:

Seriously, I mean that is even more out of control than weight and PCOS, guys do not have any control over how firm their nipples are, what the hell Whit?

To be fair, neither do women, but still some feel motivated to use pads to cover up the fact. :)

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I was wondering the same thing...

I think someone was recommending a fellow named Stan to him.

I noticed that Tal is at Wake Forest University in the counseling program.  Too bad even he can't get through to Whitney.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

She was saying it would be easier to fit her work-outs in if she worked a 9 to 5 job every day instead of her crazy jam-packed ever-changing schedule. Yes. So much easier, said no one who ever actually worked from 9 to 5 everyday.

Forgot about that.  What an entitled brat.  But thanks for confirming that you don't have a 9-to-5 job and have been sponging off your poor parents until you lumbered onto the TLC shame-train.  

I swear Whitney reminds me of the Bubble-Boy on Seinfeld, who starts out as an object of sympathy until everyone meets him and finds out he's an asshole.  Whitney is hiding behind all of her pathologies and wants the world to kiss her lazy ass.  But if you strip away all of that, at her core she's just a bitch.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, seasons said:

Well, I had promised myself I would lay off watching, even on mute with closed captioning, and I kept my promise for 90% of the show. Lol. I only stopped once and saw Glenn and Babs at the competition. I'm sorry, but that was just beyond sad. Something deeper. They were watching their 32 year old, morbidly obese, jobless daughter dancing around in some sort of farce rigged thing. Remembering watching her soccer games and now this. They were literally glowing. What am I missing here?!? We can all list the dozens of problems she has. I'm a parent and that kind of blind love is so unhealthy for everyone.

You and a few others said this about her parents and I agree 1000%.  My parents were wonderful and tremendously supporting and loving, however the last time they came to something I was doing to cheer me on was when I was in high school, (unless you count graduations).  After that I grew up, left home and got my own adult life.  This to me is the epitome of the trophy generation of special snowflakes. I'm surprised they didn't go to the job interview with her too.  I sure love Babs and Glenn but damn, if you stop treating her like she's 12 years old and shits rainbows maybe she would finally grow up.  

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Did he rev his engine and squeal away from his parking space, or was I hallucinating?

• Love 12

My parents, my mom especially, are exactly like this. I'm not quite 32, but if I mentioned I was going to be performing ballroom (or in a parade, speech etc) they'd be there in a heartbeat lol. Then again to be fair if they were doing anything like that I'd be there and positively glowing too. I definitely think the nurturing thing is a part of it. My mom just gets so damn excited ahaha, but I can be the same way so maybe it runs in the family. Totally agree about Glen and Babs enabling Whitney and never saying no to her though. She's not used to hearing hard truths from them. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with being that close to your family though. As long as I had a job I'm pretty sure my mom would love if I lived with them again. I'm not sure if some areas in the South are the same way, but for me and some of my friends there's definitely a cultural component. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

Did he rev his engine and squeal away from his parking space, or was I hallucinating?

No. He didn't seem upset in the least. Not even when he was driving away. So, he either doesn't care and is possibly an actor or the breakup was a fake to prove how far Whitney has come in loving herself and being fabulous, or both. It's all in prep for her redemption season. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cinnamini11 said:

My parents, my mom especially, are exactly like this. I'm not quite 32, but if I mentioned I was going to be performing ballroom (or in a parade, speech etc) they'd be there in a heartbeat lol. 

I was going to post something similar. My son is in his late 30's. Due to my being widowed young, and his being an only child, we've done a lot together, including working together. We are both on the same campus now and see a lot of each other, even tho he's married now.  There's not a thing he could do, that I wouldn't go watch, hold his coat, whatever - if he wanted me there. 

Personally, I thought it was sweet that Whit's parents showed up. So many parents think that adult children don't need their support, but they do. Obviously, there's a line between support/encouragement and coddling. You don't want an adult who can't function without you being there (yes, there are parents who go with their kids to job interviews), but assuming they didn't rig the judging (we'll leave that to TLC), I think it's fine that they showed up. I would have.

And then we would have gone out for ice cream after. : )

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

No. He didn't seem upset in the least. Not even when he was driving away. So, he either doesn't care and is possibly an actor or the breakup was a fake to prove how far Whitney has come in loving herself and being fabulous, or both. It's all in prep for her redemption season. 

I need to re-watch!

• Love 1

My thoughts after watching the dance competition on this episode.

I don't dislike Whitney's parents but I can't help thinking they are somewhat delusional about their special snowflake. It's hard to tell for sure, of course. I mean, this couple is collecting TLC appearance fees and being taped performing in a cable TV show. Maybe they long ago resigned themselves to being weaker personalities than their steamroller of a daughter, and to just doing pathetic little things like bring her some sensible food along with their toilet paper deliveries to her house. 

Which, come to think of it, is just fucked up anyway. Their daughter is 32 years old, has her own house and vehicle, and drives herself anywhere she wants to go. Including apparently every fast food outlet and takeout place in the region (based on the evidence on the floor of her car).

She can't pick up her own toilet paper while she's out? Instead, Daddy has to go get it and bring it to her house? And what's up with that pig? Is it Whitney's or her mother's, and why hasn't it been neutered? SMH.

This parent-child dynamic isn't as Psycho-(the movie)-creepy as that half-ton teen with the smothering mother, who fed him nonstop as he laid in his bed playing video games But, IMO it's still creepy. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10

Did this last episode jump the shark in its fakey, scripted ridiculous events?   IDK. Did it beat real cake-stuffing and pig jizz?

Two extra comments: 

Jeeves used the extremely accurate term, "steamroller of a daughter", which depicts Whit's kind of determined, aggressive walk and/or mouth-set when she's not happy about something.   WATCH OUT!   A bully, indeed. 

Secondly, Nowehere talked about Whit's "redemption season", which I imagine would be where Whit does a 180 and changes  (?) maybe.  Is it possible for her to redeem herself to us?  Sorry, this should probably go in the in-aptly named "small talk",  although I wanted to respond  to previous posts.  

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Why didn't TLC interview the ballroom dancing teacher after the big wins to get her feelings?  After all, she should have taken some of the credit.  Just another point that it was fake. 

Whitney and Todd were coached by Gulya Asgarova,  an experienced competitive dancer. In the real world, where a coach has a new, beginner-level couple competing for the first time, ( especially where the competition was taking place so close to the studio) the coach would do his/her best to attend the competition to support the couple (and would likely have other students competing as well.)  In terms of common studio etiquette, for a coach to wave off a new beginner couple to their first competition with a blithe "text me your results!" is pretty close to insulting. 

On the other hand, in the real world, Gulya would have already told Todd and Whitney they were not qualified to enter the competition, because both of them held themselves out to be professional dancers in their communities, and both have earned money offering dance or dance-related instruction/services. (I'd love to know what Fitty Smallz paid Whitney for her star turn in his video!) This would disqualify them as amateur competitors,  and since this particular competition was for amateurs only (either in partnership with each other, or in partnership with their teacher) there was no way for them to compete.  I'd guess once she learned TLC was going to fake a competition, she lost interest in taking any credit for their performance. It wouldn't do her reputation any good and would likely raise a few eyebrows among the powers-that-be in competitive dance.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 16

Amen and thank YOU, Madding:

I think Whitney looked like she was having fun dancing and I applaud anyone trying something new. It doesn't matter if she was good at it, if she didn't have a pretty dress cause she was fat, or that she wasn't as graceful as the others. Anytime someone tries something new it is a good thing. If I were Whitney and read the comments online about myself, I would curl up in a ball and never get out of bed. I also think it is great she is not giving up on training. Yes, she has a long way to go, but any effort to move is great. My opinion, of course.

The legitimate and important message of "No Body Shame" is that public perceptions should not limit or degrade anyone. I appreciate Whitney for her willingness to address the sensitive issue of size discrimination.

• Love 5
On August 4, 2016 at 0:04 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

I don't get the point of the stairclimbing anyway. Why run up them as fast as possible? Why not practice going up at a steady pace, improving your stamina gradually? Will is a nice guy but I don't think he's the right trainer for Whitney. He always has her doing stuff that she's not ready for. Like burpees last season. She's going to get injured or have a heart attack. I think she needs to work on establishing the habits first. Consistent walking and strength and flexibility until some of the weight comes off. A couch to 5k or something.

Will was not the trainer shown last year. :)

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice how quickly Twit's tears stopped when she realized Tal wasn't affected by them? When he continued with his hard truths, it was like a spigot was instantly  flipped to the 'off' position. Heck, I think the fact that her tears didn't work shocked her a little.

The more I think about it, it's like she follows a 3-step process to get people to back down...step 1-anger, step 2- tears, step 3-deflection and/or excuses...

Edited by TotoGirl
Added a thought...
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, grayson said:

The legitimate and important message of "No Body Shame" is that public perceptions should not limit or degrade anyone. I appreciate Whitney for her willingness to address the sensitive issue of size discrimination.

I appreciate her addressing it as well...except for when she's shading others.  And Miss Whit throws plenty of shade.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, grayson said:

7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I appreciate her addressing it as well...except for when she's shading others.  And Miss Whit throws plenty of shade.

1000%-THIS^^^!!! As someone who is supposedly the 'voice' and 'face' of No BS---I would expect that she be the embodiment of her message----that shaming actions and words NEVER happen from her....BUT, Twit has repeatedly shamed others for their appearance (ridiculing Buddy for being too fat for his swim trunks, calling the comedian a 'skinny bitch'). That's someone I view as a total hypocrite. (And I don't care if Buddy is a friend and perhaps the boundaries between the two are different-it still shouldn't happen. Ever.)

As the face of No BS, I truly don't care if Twit weighs 50 lbs or 1000 lbs, what size she wears or what color her skin is...but No BS is her platform, so I expect her to live and embody what she preaches. Instead, we see multiple examples of how the rules are different when it comes to her. To me, her words and actions speak louder than any 'No BS' logo or speech ever could.

ETA: A bit off-topic...but I swear I'm going to scream if I hear 'body-shame' again....how about 'No People Shame' or 'Don't Shame' instead???

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, TotoGirl said:

Did anyone else notice how quickly Twit's tears stopped when she realized Tal wasn't affected by them? When he continued with his hard truths, it was like a spigot was instantly  flipped to the 'off' position. Heck, I think it shocked her a little.

The more I think about it, it's like she follows a 3-step process to get people to back down...step 1-anger, step 2- tears, step 3-deflection and/or excuses...

That's exactly what I thought. She reminds me of little kids I babysit that do the same thing when you tell them no. They get angry, cry, and then whine/make excuses/try to manipulate me. Seeing Vhit do it only served to reinforce to me that emotionally she's like a small child. She's been over indulged as a kid and never learned how to work through her issues in constructive ways. I am willing to bet every time she broke out the anger or tears when she was younger, Babs and Glen gave in.

• Love 14

So she broke up with Lennie because he has a heavy work schedule and can't be there all the time to be her emotional support, and she had to lean on herself in several recent crises? Some people would consider being their own strength a good thing... I guess Lennie is supposed to become underemployed like she is, so as to be on call. I noticed it was all one way, too - what have you done for me lately, Lennie? Memememememememeeeeee...

Roy does not seem into her at all. Even when he was talking about how amazing she is, it was like he was talking with maybe a bit of surprise about any old dark horse. Pleased for her but not gaga. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

This parent-child dynamic isn't as Psycho-(the movie)-creepy as that half-ton teen with the smothering mother, who fed him nonstop as he laid in his bed playing video games But, IMO it's still creepy. 

Yes, my thoughts exactly, but her parents are approaching that level.  I get really skeeved when parents love their kids too much--as in never want them to leave.  It's one thing to be very involved in their lives in order to set them up on the right path (like pushing your kids (not adult children) to do well in school and have extracurricular activities and actually showing up at them), but it's quite another to indulge their every whim and never correct them!  While many people love Whitney's parents, I fully believe that they created this monster.  Not to be too off-topic, but they are just as bad as Nikki's parents from My 600lb life - the only thing Glen and Babs don't do is sail Whitney a plate of donuts up to her room each morning.  Luckily Nikki's parents seemed to learn their lesson, but it may be too late for Glen and Babs...they are 70 for fuck's sake!  Whitney should be taking care of them - going over to check on them, bringing them groceries!  

7 hours ago, Tosia said:

Secondly, Nowehere talked about Whit's "redemption season", which I imagine would be where Whit does a 180 and changes  (?) maybe.  Is it possible for her to redeem herself to us?  Sorry, this should probably go in the in-aptly named "small talk",  although I wanted to respond  to previous posts.  

I don't know about a "redemptive season" but I will tell you that next week's season finale is going to be all unicorns and rainbow poop for Whitney.  I bet they are going to rap this season up like every single episode in season two, in a nice little fabulous bow *barf*.  This season really told the truth of what it's like to be nearly 300 lbs overweight and I LOVED IT.  Besides the obvious faked items like the boyfriend, dance competition, etc., this is the realest reality show I have ever seen.  I have been 160 lbs overweight and IT SUCKS--walking hurts, showering takes too much effort, and dressing properly, forget it.  I nearly stopped watching last season because of the unicorns and rainbow poop--that helps NO ONE!  So bravo TLC for actually bringing light to how badly it sucks to be morbidly obese.  Please don't make me regret saying that after the season finale!

• Love 16

I too have enjoyed this season mostly because they exposed the junk food.  Before there was a lot of "I try so hard but nothing works!" message but the fact is that eating well is 80% of the battle and eating 1 cookie instead of 3 is not eating well and not good enough.  

I didn't find the dancing that bad.  I didn't think they should win or anything but they were better than I had expected and they seemed to have some form (or maybe just Todd did but he lead Whit around decently).

The one thing I am tired of with this show is the so much focus on exercise and often the extreme exercises.  For example the stairs.  Whit can barely walk with this kind of exercise she is just going to twist an ankle or bruise her legs and then be really out.  At her size Whit won't heal as easily and she is only getting older too, which as some one in my 40s I can say things are different for me now than in my early 30s.  I would prefer they focus on more weight appropriate exercise and build gradually.

Whit is so different than many of the people on 600lb life in that she has resources.  Many of the people on that show just cannot afford health care and better foods and are just over whelmed financially.  Whit can afford a great trainer so she could afford a counsellor to help with her food addiction/depression, dieticians for meal planning and she could probably afford a meal service or chef to help teach her to prepare meals.  It is sad that she has so many resources and just cannot improve.

• Love 19