Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Big Fat Breakup

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, PityFree said:

What are you doing? I thought you were cool but you are being dumb!

He sunk to the depths for the money or he is just one dumb guy......or both. Yah, both.

100000000000000000000000000000% bullshit on the competition.   Ballroom dancers, including the amateurs take it very seriously and work their asses off.They also spend a ton of money, so out of respect for REAL dancers I hope the whole thing was fake.   I certainly would be pissed if I showed up to compete and TLC was there.

You should of watched from a distance Will to see if Whitney climbed the stairs by herself. Guess you couldn't pass up the TLC bucks either.   Whitney says maybe she should just go home. Have a floor mat picnic on the way.

The last couple of minutes show her triumphs?    Are you kidding me?     She goes on one bike ride, on some double wide bike.   Makes a fake fitness video and yes its a fake.    I know how they make and shoot fitness videos, believe me. Wins a fake dance contest.

Oh, oopsy, doopsy !    Am I fake shaming?    Oh, look at the time, I am late for my cake tasting. 

• Love 21
On 7/31/2016 at 2:09 PM, TotoGirl said:

I'm wondering if this 'taking a break' thing with Lennie has suddenly come about because Twit's convinced that Roy has a HUGE crush on her....

(This is going to be interesting....)

I'm wondering about the break up, they're on social media together all the time.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, aliya said:

Tomorrow is my birthday

Happy Birthday !

4 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

I'm wondering about the break up, they're on social media together all the time.

He is probably still on the payroll.

• Love 6

I really hope Roy is getting a huge pay increase for his new role. He hasn't just signed up to be Vitney's love interest, he's signed up to be the unrequited love interest. How many talking heads are we going to be subjected to with Vitney making fun of Roy and his supposed feelings? And the poor guy is forced to say lines like 'Whitney is a tremendous talent'. Really???? talented at what???

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, EE2000 said:

I'm honestly not sure how they placed where they did.   Did the producers make up the competition?  Did they pay the judges off?     

Oh please, that competition was faked from beginning to end.  They used the set-up the Carolina Ballroom Challenge left behind, and faked the other competitors and the judging.  The camera operators did their best not to show any of the other dancers in action, but even in the brief, unavoidable glimpses, it was easy to tell they were all far better dancers and more experienced competitors than Whitney and Todd.  I also had to laugh when Whitney said she doubted the judges had ever seen anyone like her compete -- she probably wasn't even the first morbidly obese woman the judges had seen that weekend. Ballroom dancing, especially on the smooth side, has been a popular form of exercise for years for women, especially, trying to lose large amounts of weight.

• Love 13

My impressions from this show:

1) Whit's gunning for that Dancing With the Stars invite, isn't she?

2) By all the gods, woman, BUY A BRA. BUY SEVERAL. WEAR THEM 24/7. THE WORLD WILL THANK YOU.

• Love 10

I noticed that when Whitney was talking to her friend Tal about Will firing her she didn't mention anything about the junk food remnants Will found in her car. All she seemed to admit is that she wasn't going to her training sessions because of her incredibly busy schedule (eyeroll). I'd bet last week's episode was the first time Tal, or any of her family and friends, learned the real story.

I'm really disappointed that Will took Whitney back. She hasn't even fully admitted to herself why he fired her as a client. I wonder what fast food place she stopped at on the way home from climbing the stairs. I'm sure she told herself she deserved it. She has an amazing ability to latch onto one small good thing she does, like climbing the stairs, and convincing herself that it overrides all of the harmful things she had done to herself (junk food, not going to training sessions, gaining weight....).

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 15

Whitney does know that Rocky lost that fight, doesn't she?

And that conversation Tal was a great encapsulation of all of Whitney's bullshit in 120 seconds.  Immediately getting defensive.  Mischaracterizing what the other person has said. Placing anyone with the mildest constructive criticism in the "enemy" camp.  Summarily shutting down any discussion.  Oh, and tears.  The tears of a clown.

She's just such an awful person.

And it really seems to me that the show this season is going out of its way to highlight negative things about Whitney, such as the zoom-ins on those ridiculous bunched-up tights around her "ankles", and leaving in the clip of Todd finding a hair extension hanging out of the glove box.  It's like the show is going out of its way to demonstrate how delusional Whitney is.

• Love 13

So poignant, Whitney's voiceovers about how Lennie wasn't really there for her, how their heavy work schedules (eye roll) interfered with their relationship,  how it was time for her to be true to herself and admit it wasn't giving her all that she wanted! And then the sad last meeting with Lennie, where she tells him they were no longer really sharing their lives and she felt like a single woman . . . .

Followed by an outpouring of support for Whitney on Facebook, by fans telling her he wasn't right for her and she was brave and strong and a better man (most of the fans think it should be Buddy) will come along for her. To which Whitney so graciously responds, "I feel like I have to remind y'all—we filmed 1,000 hours in Season 3 of ‪#‎MyBigFatFabLife‬; you see 9 of them edited by a network.  . . .[W]hether you saw it on TV or not, Lennie was an INCREDIBLY supportive boyfriend to me for the year and three months we shared together. I've never had a boyfriend who was so supportive, so proud, and so unaffected by what others think. I loved him and was so loved by him so please miss me with any negative opinions about our relationship."

It's that evil script again! Or to quote Adele, "Just 'cause I said it, doesn't mean that I meant it!"

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, OhSayNow said:

Excuses. 

Ok, OhSayNow, you win!  Whit is a tremendous talent at excuses.   Perfect. Just perfect.

I would have said that her second runner-up talent is B.S.  But TLC ain't paying me no $. No b.s.  : (   

Cherrio, floor mat picnic???!!!!

OMG, that is hilarious.  I'm definitely going to use that when I see a messy car in the parking lot.  

• Love 6

I assume Whit had to have her dresses made for her - in which case, her seamstress doesn't know how to measure for her shape. My mother used to sew most of our clothes that weren't school uniforms. My sister was chubby and shaped where my mother had to have additional material in the front (or back, I forget) to make it hang even.  Whit's dresses were uneven and that's all I could see while she danced.

I liked the purple and silver skirt, but then, I'm a purple girl. It just wasn't made properly. 

I noticed that some dancers had sleeves. Whit could have had sleeves that were lightweight to make her arms less obvious and distracting from the whole look of the outfit. 

And, while I was a free love hippie back in the day and hate to sound like the old lady I am turning into, looking at Whit and Lennie reminds me why you don't live with people you aren't married to.  I've just seen enough sad cases over the years that would have been a bit less traumatic if folks had not been living together and one of them had not been pretending they were married, if you get my drift. 

• Love 9

So here is the Ballroom Dance Competition's FB page, and on that page there is a link to their web site. NO WHERE on the FB or website does it even mention "beginners" competitions, or anything.   After taking the time to look at the pictures on the FB page (recognized people who supposedly lost to Twitney and Tal) and the web site, I'm convinced it was a fake. 

Having said that, if the ballroom competition had allowed for them to perform as a "special performance/demonstration", then all the power to them!  But to tell us that they won, over those other dancers??  No way.

https://www.facebook.com/carolinaballroomchallenge

http://www.carolinaballroomchallenge.com/

Edited by ShowsILoveToHate
  • Love 12

The second Tal called her on Will she burst into tears. When he didn't respond, they stopped immediately. She was trying so hard to manipulate him and gave up when it wouldn't work. She never did explain her hectic schedule...

Glen, honey, let's get real. Your daughter's never going to touch that again. Vhit, I don't think you really got the meaning of Rocky there...

You're going to the hospital for exhaustion, really? Bitch please.

I'm going to thank TLC for the modesty meshing. Was it too much to skip showing the nude leggings/back fat? Also, Vhit, honey, there are gorgeous beaded dance gowns out there that don't have illusion stomach netting. Take it from a fat girl, it's not a cute look and pull the leggings up so they don't elephant skin on your ankles.. And get your dress tailored to cover your ass. It should be even all the way around. Roy, honey, don't encourage her. I'm calling BS on the scoring.

Vhit's eye condition probably needs to be checked out. But it was some good product placement for Biopure.

Lennie on the previews is wearing his latest from the "I don't give a fuck" collection. The breakup scene, it was not his best work. He phoned that in. And he's been staying there all the time and he didn't need to get anything on his way out? What exactly was his busy schedule that he couldn't attend a paycheck, I mean fake ballroom competition, I mean totally real important competition for Vhit?

Vhit, he fired your lazy ass. Asking him to take you back because you're going to climb some stairs is stupid. And why must you roll up your shirt? Before you've climbed anything. Will, I'm depressed you showed up and took her back. You're letting her manipulate you. Vhit, they make better sports bras than you've got. For your own health, you need to find one.

• Love 11

I was expecting to have to avoid the ballroom scenes out of sheer secondhand embarrassment, but I got through it surprisingly well! Haha I'm pretty sure it was just because it reminded me of when I did ballroom for a semester in college and it was AWESOME. Plus Babs and Glen were so cute! But oh man at rehearsal when Whitney looked shocked/worried about having to do three whole dances in a row?!! I knew that might be trouble for her, but damn as a "dancer" how do you have those words come out of your mouth and not realize that's a problem. 

The breakup scene was awful. Could he have shown any less emotion? He just seemed dead inside lol. Aw now I feel kinda bad, because I know I'm not the most demonstrative person either, but damn. 

I'm glad Tal talked to Whitney a little. Clearly he was working out how best to get through to her, because wow did she get bitchy right away, but it seemed like she got a little bit of a clue there if even for just that second. Clearly just that second actually because at the end she said she was thinking of just going home because Will didn't show up??? Or you could do the stairs by yourself??? Maybe even a couple times. Smh. That was just sad.

• Love 10

Say what you want about Todd, but I think he has been a really, really good friend to Twit. He didn't want to be part of the ballroom competition, it wasn't his thing. But boy did he go all in. He didn't bitch or moan about ANYTHING. But Twitney? Let's see; her shoes hurt, her eyelashes hurt, her eyes were foggy, her boyfriend was a no show and on and on. I give Todd a lot of credit, he seems like a great friend and a good guy. 

• Love 19

Okay, so are well on board with the fact that the dance competition wasn't real? It wasn't just that it was faked, it was that it never existed (at least not within the framework in which it was presented to the viewers). That actually pisses me off. 

Ballroom dance competition: not real. 

Dance/exercise video: fakety fake. (She DID do one, but not the reenactment one we saw.)

Internship: not real 

Job interview for said internship: fake 

Big Girl Dance Class: also not real (it's filmed for the show and doesn't actually exist when the show isn't filming)

How are we supposed to be able to tell which part of her life is actually "fabulous" when we never really SEE it?

I would even guess that the parents' birthday (or anniversary?) party was fake. Or, at the very least, a reenactment of one they've already had. 

Someone upthread said the "competition" went better than they expected. I suspect that she didn't dance those three dances straight through. Girlfriend, who can't walk across the room without breaking a sweat, looked surprisingly crisp. I imagine they filmed a few seconds, paused, filmed a few more, paused, etc. The same way they record most albums. 

• Love 20

Oh that ball room "competition" was sooooo fake.  Especially when they had Vitney and Todd place so high.  I swear Vitney thinks this is her audition tape for the other dance competition show.  

But then to have Roy fake interest in her too....poor dude.  

• Love 7

They showed her getting fitted for the dresses with a professional dressmaker on the bonus scene of last weeks episode. The lady claimed to have made dresses for larger women thanWhit so you would have thought she would know to allow for more fabric to make dresses hang properly. I liked the purple dress but just not on Twit. It definitely should have been longer for a gal of Whit's size.  I think the dress was designed to hike up some on the sides but in her case, with her size & location of her rolls,  the material just pulled up way too much even with the leggings. I cringed every time she leaned over. And she could have done without the side holes.

All I could think of was the Joker resemblance when she was putting on the purple lipstick. Why can't Whit have some manners & change in a dressing room & not what looked like  a corner of the lobby?  Some Spanx type of company that caters to larger women should help Whit out. I first thought she was wearing footless tights that she couldn't pull up correctly but then realized they were leggings when she took off the dress.  We saw way too much of Whit's bare stomach than we needed to on this episode. I guess she thinks it's sexy. She even had her shirt rolled up on the stair climb. 

One more comment about the dance competition.  Why didn't TLC make it so they came in last for the first part then perhaps fifth out of sixth on the second part? That would have been much more believable. Like others have said,  if competition was real, there was no way they would have gotten out of the bottom of the ranks  on the way she was dressed alone. I bet Carrie Ann, Wes & Bruno were having heart palpitations watching that pair dance, even tho Todd gave it his all when he didn't want to. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Did they never do a dry run of all the dances in their costumes? Why are her pantyhose around her ankles? And she thinks they'll fail on presentation because of her size, not because she's sloppy. Ha!

(I think those are her leggings.)

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Cinnamini11 said:

. . . oh man at rehearsal when Whitney looked shocked/worried about having to do three whole dances in a row?!! I knew that might be trouble for her, but damn as a "dancer" how do you have those words come out of your mouth and not realize that's a problem. 

Preach. And between the two segments of the fakety fakey faux "competition," we were treated to her TH that she was looking forward to the second part of the competition because their "dancing" [sic] didn't require them to "move across the floor" as much as the smooth dances did. In other words, she could stand in place or just move her feet a little. Which was apparently SO important.

Yep, as @Cinnamini11 said: as a "dancer" how do you have those words come out of your mouth and not realize it's a problem? 

Also, I saw a comment somewhere on the innernets, that her blurred vision between the competition segments, ought to be checked out, given that she could possibly have become diabetic with the huge weight gain. Yikes.

Edited by Jeeves
to correct one of those auto-double-post things
  • Love 8

Todd looked pretty good in the ballroom scenes but Whit was totally wooden.  Most of us could have done better.  I thought I read that Todd actually lives in NYC, but he sure spends a lot of time in North Carolina to help Whitney out with this crappy show.

We saw way too much of Whit's bare stomach than we needed to on this episode. I guess she thinks it's sexy. She even had her shirt rolled up on the stair climb. 

Whitney must think her stomach is one of her better features.  Bless her heart.

• Love 8

I was so hoping that Will wouldn't show up for the stair case climb.  He is a professional for goodness sake.  Presumably a professional with other clients to work with so he just cannot show up on a street corner to support a client he just fired because of her complete lack of commitment and interest in working to improve herself.  Very disappointed that Will apparently succumbed to the lure of TLC. 

• Love 9

Poor Will. I think he really likes Whitney as a person, hence showing up even after firing her. I really felt his anger when he saw the garbage in Whitney's car - she's not committed to the journey, so why should he be? As an aside, wtf at the trash in the car. Whenever I eat or drink a beverage in my car, I put the trash in a little baggy and promptly throw away or recycle items once I get home. I could not imagine having 4-5 fast food cups and some napkins on my passenger seat floor. It's gross. What does her mom do when she gets into the car? Kick the trash aside? Ugh.

Still not sure what to make of Lennie. He just seemed completely okay with the breakup, but he also seems like the type who keeps emotions to himself. Maybe he was disappointed and upset. Whitney posted an update on her Instagram yesterday that Lennie was loving and very supportive of her. Also mentioned that she loved him. Interesting. I wonder if she's dating Roy in real time.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Cinnamini11 said:

But oh man at rehearsal when Whitney looked shocked/worried about having to do three whole dances in a row?!! I knew that might be trouble for her, but damn as a "dancer" how do you have those words come out of your mouth and not realize that's a problem. 

She knows what happens when she "overtaxes" herself.  My god, THREE dances overtaxes her.  When is this woman going to admit her weight is a huge problem (no pun intended)?  

Add me to the choir of almost everything in this entire episode being fake.  Fake competition, fake stair climbing time (she stopped to catch her breath at the top and still did it in under 4 minutes?  Right), fake everything.  Only thing not fake was Whit's snotty reaction to Tal's giving her a dash of tough love.  Too bad it went in one ear and out the other.

• Love 9

My main thought when Vit was waiting for Will to meet her to run the stairs was something to the effect of "If Vit works out in the forest and nobody's there to see her, does she make a sound?" Why didn't she just do the stairs without a camera or witness? Why was she just going to leave if Will hadn't shown up? Attention doesn't equal fitness, Vit.

• Love 22
9 hours ago, Cinnamini11 said:

But oh man at rehearsal when Whitney looked shocked/worried about having to do three whole dances in a row?!! I knew that might be trouble for her, but damn as a "dancer" how do you have those words come out of your mouth and not realize that's a problem. 

Especially since, at a real competition, she'd have to perform each dance for between ninety seconds and two minutes,, no longer. 

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5

Was this the season finale???

I really hope she does WLS or something next season. The format of the show is boring...watch a morbidly obese woman fail to do normal things.. what is the point. 

Competition was totally rigged, and I feel bad for Todd being saddled with a horrible partner. He was a good sport.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Competition was totally rigged, and I feel bad for Todd being saddled with a horrible partner. He was a good sport.

Especially when the Queen of No BS decided to tease him on camera about how prominent his nipples were in the white shirt he was wearing, and "jokingly" suggest he should be wearing covers over them.

• Love 19
Just now, Ketzel said:

Especially when the Queen of No BS decided to tease him on camera about how prominent his nipples were in the white shirt he was wearing, and "jokingly" suggest he should be wearing covers over them.

Yeah no body shame indeed. Way to make someone feel self conscious before going out to perform. She is an asshole

• Love 22

Well, I had promised myself I would lay off watching, even on mute with closed captioning, and I kept my promise for 90% of the show. Lol. I only stopped once and saw Glenn and Babs at the competition. I'm sorry, but that was just beyond sad. Something deeper. They were watching their 32 year old, morbidly obese, jobless daughter dancing around in some sort of farce rigged thing. Remembering watching her soccer games and now this. They were literally glowing. What am I missing here?!? We can all list the dozens of problems she has. I'm a parent and that kind of blind love is so unhealthy for everyone.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 19

Cant get over how proud Whitney was of herself for going up those stairs one time. One time. She was downright strutting to her car, blowing herself over how bomb she was going up those stairs. One time.

"MmmHmm, yeah! Don't sleep on Whitney Thore!" Right.  Cause she went up the stairs. One time.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Brooklynista said:

Cant get over how proud Whitney was of herself for going up those stairs one time. One time. She was downright strutting to her car, blowing herself over how bomb she was going up those stairs. One time.

"MmmHmm, yeah! Don't sleep on Whitney Thore!" Right.  Cause she went up the stairs. One time.

RIGHT?! I just can't get over how Whitney thinks a few minutes of moderate exercise is something to be so proud of. Ten bucks says that if she ever had to briefly jog away after disrupting a beehive, she'd call all her friends to brag about the workout she just did.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

And you know she either lit up a cig in the car or hit up the drive through immediately after. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The quote got messed up, Ketzel actually said it.  Can't seem to fix it, sorry.

Anyway, this is what burns me. Whitney's WHOLE FRIGGING MESSAGE is no body shaming.    Rules do not apply to her, never have.  She has been "shaming", making fun of and calling normal sized people skinny bitches all season.

Your message means NOTHING coming from you. NOTHING !

Oh and its clear the production crew cannot stand you now.  Your diva behavior might be tolerated by your enablers, but not them.  Uh, you might want to clean the lint and food particles off your clothes before your TH's.      Typical progression of a Z list reality personality acting like an asshole and the crew turning on her.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

Poor Will. I think he really likes Whitney as a person, hence showing up even after firing her. I really felt his anger when he saw the garbage in Whitney's car - she's not committed to the journey, so why should he be? As an aside, wtf at the trash in the car. Whenever I eat or drink a beverage in my car, I put the trash in a little baggy and promptly throw away or recycle items once I get home. I could not imagine having 4-5 fast food cups and some napkins on my passenger seat floor. It's gross. What does her mom do when she gets into the car? Kick the trash aside? Ugh.

Still not sure what to make of Lennie. He just seemed completely okay with the breakup, but he also seems like the type who keeps emotions to himself. Maybe he was disappointed and upset. Whitney posted an update on her Instagram yesterday that Lennie was loving and very supportive of her. Also mentioned that she loved him. Interesting. I wonder if she's dating Roy in real time.

She is not dating Roy. In that podcast someone linked to, Roy said that it was "absolutely impossible" and that he was in a long-term relationship, and was at the time. I actually read between those lines and wondered if he is gay. The whole radio staff seemed blindsighted and surprised that the show had a "crush" storyline. Plus, Twit sniffed ALL their armpits, not just Roy's. Hell, for all we know, they may have all been at the dance set.

• Love 11

I don't get the point of the stairclimbing anyway. Why run up them as fast as possible? Why not practice going up at a steady pace, improving your stamina gradually? Will is a nice guy but I don't think he's the right trainer for Whitney. He always has her doing stuff that she's not ready for. Like burpees last season. She's going to get injured or have a heart attack. I think she needs to work on establishing the habits first. Consistent walking and strength and flexibility until some of the weight comes off. A couch to 5k or something.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Seriously, I mean that is even more out of control than weight and PCOS, guys do not have any control over how firm their nipples are, what the hell Whit?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I don't get the point of the stairclimbing anyway. Why run up them as fast as possible? Why not practice going up at a steady pace, improving your stamina gradually? Will is a nice guy but I don't think he's the right trainer for Whitney. He always has her doing stuff that she's not ready for. Like burpees last season. She's going to get injured or have a heart attack. I think she needs to work on establishing the habits first. Consistent walking and strength and flexibility until some of the weight comes off. A couch to 5k or something.

The burpees were a different trainer, not Will. I haven't seen Will push Whitney too far. He is a very responsible trainer, as far as we've seen. I do think a consistent exercise routine is more important for Whitney than a series of stunts, but stunts are what Whitney likes. *sigh*

• Love 6