Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Big Fat Breakup

• Start Topic

Whitney tries to rebound and prepare for a ballroom competition in Charlotte after her trainer cuts her loose.  Meanwhile, a development in her love life shocks everyone, but especially Lennie.

I'm wondering if this 'taking a break' thing with Lennie has suddenly come about because Twit's convinced that Roy has a HUGE crush on her....

(This is going to be interesting....)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TotoGirl said:

I'm wondering if this 'taking a break' thing with Lennie has suddenly come about because Twit's convinced that Roy has a HUGE crush on her....

(This is going to be interesting....)

I've been thinking that exact thing. Two episodes ago she couldn't break up with him because it took her 'three years to find this one,' and now suddenly she vants to be aloooone? Please. Girl's got upgrade on the brain.

• Love 10
Spoiler

There is no spoiler. I have no idea what button I even pressed.

This whole thing is just too bizarre for me.  Who (in their right mind) puts themselves, their family, their private life, their boyfriend, and their friends  out there for public consumption, and then has episodes where they a) collapse; b) fly down a hill on a very, very small innertube; c) have a meltdown or two; d) get called out by their trainer; e) get in a fight with a comedianne; oh, I could go on and on.  I wonder if she reads each week's script with bated breath, to see what is going to happen to her *this* week???!!!!  And now, we get to witness The Breakup.

Edited by LocalGovt
didn't mean for it to be a spoiler
  • Love 9

Oh wow it's all about him making her "feel worse" so she has another excuse to hit the cake tray!  She's sooooo defensive and confrontational!  And how quickly she switches to tears when putting up an angry wall doesn't work!  She wants Tal to hug her and bring her ice cream or what?

It would be great if he got through to her.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

It would be great if he got through to her.

Whitney is one of those people (imo) who will go one of two ways.   Her family and friends will have to 100% turn their backs on her , in other words, no longer willing to help her destroy herself or......she will have a major heart attack/stroke and possibly die.

She is both an addict and delusional, just like Penny. Kudo's to Tal for standing up to her. Buddy and her parents need to go to the in patient Betty Ford Center for enabling.

• Love 11

You know, if you're so freakin' fabulous, you let these criticisms slide right off your back: Yeah, that's the way I roll. What of it? You certainly don't melt into a sobbing puddle the moment someone offers a different take on your choices.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Whitney is one of those people (imo) who will go one of two ways.   Her family and friends will have to 100% turn their backs on her , in other words, no longer willing to help her destroy herself or......she will have a major heart attack/stroke and possibly die.

She is both an addict and delusional, just like Penny. Kudo's to Tal for standing up to her. Buddy and her parents need to go to the in patient Betty Ford Center for enabling.

Whitney will almost definitely have to hit an 'Intervention' type wall before she turns around for good. The types of limits and boundaries the family members and friends of those featured on 'Intervention' have to put in place and lay out clearly? Yep, Whitney's inner circle will have to do that.  It's quite clear she really doesn't have many friends, likely because she's lied, manipulated and bullied most people away.

If that doesn't happen, she will eat herself into her grave.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Clip from tonight's show where Tal tries to give Whitney some cold, hard truths:

http://www.people.com/article/whitney-way-thore-eating-wakeup-call

He's right: she has an excuse for everything.  Apparently "working" at the radio station one morning a week makes her schedule too chaotic to have a good diet.  And, naturally, she turns on the waterworks.  Plus is that Tal seemed somewhat unmoved by her histrionics.

She comes across as a major b in this clip, she is more and more heinous every week, insufferable.

• Love 6

I've noticed that she bursts into tears whenever she wants people to back off her. It's an obvious manipulation. It might come from a place of genuine sadness but it is clearly her way of shutting down a conversation.

• Love 21

You guys!!!!  I need you!  I am at a conference this week and don't get TLC on the TV in my hotel room.  Pretty please post all the gory details and descriptions of what craziness transpires tonight!  I will send you rabbinic blessings in advance!  : )  Thank you!

• Love 18

Just watched that clip.  I wanted to reach through the screen and tell her to grow up!  She has people who care about her, most recently we have seen Will and Tai?  confront her with some unpleasant truths.  In addition to the feeble excuses she offers up she breaks into tears in a blatant attempt to divert the truths being thrown at her and to try and make the truth tellers feel sorry for her.  She is 32 years old, not 2.  Grow up Whitney before you eat yourself into an early grave or a visit with Dr. Now.  I am not speaking from the viewpoint of a skinny person.  I have been overweight most of my life, morbidly obese at times but topped out at 296 lbs.  I finally got tired of carrying that extra weight around and found a weight loss group that worked for me.  It wasn't easy but the sense of accomplishment, additional     energy, and improved health was worth it.  She doesn't have to be 120 lbs.  200 lbs would be a huge improvement.  As a refrigerator magnet I have says "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"       

Edited by abbey
typo
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, RabbiBeth said:

You guys!!!!  I need you!  I am at a conference this week and don't get TLC on the TV in my hotel room.  Pretty please post all the gory details and descriptions of what craziness transpires tonight!  I will send you rabbinic blessings in advance!  : )  Thank you!

Dude, we are here for you! ?

• Love 6

She reminds me of 90 day fiancé season 2 Danielle Mullins Jbali. Just like Danielle, Whitney does not want to hear the truth. Until she has a major health event (like a heart attack, stroke or bad diabetes). Then she will whine how no one did anything to get her to change when she still had time. Then she'll blame everyone for allowing her to get to that point.

• Love 9

Aw, it's nice that he is so optimistic.   Maybe this will make her change and try and do better in regards to her diet and exercise.   I don't think anything will help her personality at this point, well maybe loads of Valium.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, EE2000 said:

Aw, it's nice that he is so optimistic.   Maybe this will make her change and try and do better in regards to her diet and exercise.   I don't think anything will help her personality at this point, well maybe loads of Valium.  

That'd definitely be for anyone that has to deal with her.

She is so.......infuriating!!!! From inspiring to infuriating, in a couple seasons flat!

• Love 5
Just now, lallalla said:

That'd definitely be for anyone that has to deal with her.

She is so.......infuriating!!!! From inspiring to infuriating, in a couple seasons flat!

Yeah my husband is in the same room and is kinda listening, he hasn't seen the show and he wants to punch her.   But he has no tolerance for people who use excuses and such for not improving when they can.  

• Love 3

While I do hate watch this show, it's also good motivation for working out.  I now feel like I should ride some more on the stationary bike while watching.  

OH this is going to be so embarrassing,  I don't know if I can watch this.   

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, EE2000 said:

While I do hate watch this show, it's also good motivation for working out.  I now feel like I should ride some more on the stationary bike while watching.  

OH this is going to be so embarrassing,  I don't know if I can watch this.   

I'm about to get on my stair stepper....I need to be less lazy, for sure!

If she actually placed like that, I'll kiss my own rear end!

What poppycock!

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, EE2000 said:

While I do hate watch this show, it's also good motivation for working out.  I now feel like I should ride some more on the stationary bike while watching.  .   

Whit has me spending more time at the gym.  I'm wiped out tonight as a result!

• Love 2

I love how edited this is, so we can't really see how she's doing....or more to the point, what she ISN'T doing.

What utter crap.

TLC takes us all for house plants...really stupid ones!

This is bs crap! No way they did that well.

Come on, TLC, what the actual f?!

• Love 15

I think we've crossed into some verrrrry Fakest Reality Show Ever territory at this point.  All we need now is for her boss to walk up and give her a rose, kiss her hand and they both ride off into the sunset on a white horse with a big ol' gleaming dance trophy.

• Love 19

MY EYES!!! I'll give Todd credit, he really did well and looked like he was having a lot of fun during the second part of their competition. But that purple dress-there is not enough eye bleach in the world to erase that from my memory! And those panty hose bunched around her ankles...just yuck.

There is NO effing way this thing wasn't rigged.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Instead of a drinking game, we could create a workout game.

This show always gets me up and walking while I watch... Just like 600 lb life.  Thanks, Whitney! Now I am going to add a push up for every excuse that Whitney  gives. 

Edited by OhSayNow
  • Love 4

Twit at the ballroom dance rehearsal :

"if I push myself too hard as I've been known to do... I could end up back in the hospital FROM EXHAUSTION" I

^^^??? I laughed out loud at this statement from Twit.  Exhaustion? Girl,please . Twit is in serious denial.

• Love 13

I see a bonus TLC check for Roy.  Or he drew the short stick of his coworkers to have to go. 

Why did they announce just Twits & Todd's names when they announced the awards? I didn't hear any of the other contestants names.  

Getting my thoughts together about her costumes including the tan leggings.  One question, why did Twit & Todd walk out without taking their costumes with them?  They just left them hanging on the hooks.  Guess TLC thinks we don't notice these things.

• Love 8

I love how much her parents love her.  I know it turned her into a spoiled brat, but it's so sweet to see.  I guess losing my mom too soon and not having my dad around makes me appreciate it more.

Calling bullshit on their placings at the competition.

• Love 18

In what world does a trainer show up to watch a person run up some stairs? I've paid trainers $100 an hour, their time is their livelihood.  They ain't just showing up to cheer you on. TLC is cutting a lot of extra credit checks.

• Love 16

oh nooooo during this ep I saw the preview for the "Tell All" and it looks like Buddy has gained even more weight since this season was filmed :(  And interestingly enough it looked like Lennie has lost weight since this supposed breakup with Whitney.  What is going on in that house?!!!  

Also shaking my head at Roy. Like others here, I had high hopes for him and I'm praying that he's merely ho-ing himself out for TLC's money. Which absurdly enough sounds to me like a better scenario than becoming yet another enabler of Whitney and another victim of weight gain in her house of horrors.

• Love 9

Thoughts on tonight’s episode:

Glen should have donated that punching bag to Will’s studio. It’s just going to gather dust in Twit’s garage.

Of course she’s never been fired. When (except for her stint in Korea) did she ever have any other real commitments before her TLC job?

If Twit cannot do this ballroom dancing she cannot even do practice of DWTS

I think Will is snowballing us.  She did not climb those stairs in under 5 minutes of real time.

Honey, Roy is only looking for a bigger TLC cut and ratings for his show. Don’t read anything more out of it.  Does our Twitney think that she is too good for Roy?

I’m calling it competition was fixed.

Yukitney is no more? Oh perish the thought. Well Yukon you did you stint. His “I feel pretty shocked.” Man could he be more wooden?  Well Yukon, you did your duty. Now just go have a few beers and shave that beard off. 

She wanted to marry him? Wasn’t it just last week at her parent’s party she said she will never marry or something to that effect?

Oh man Will, I thought you got rid of her. Why take her back?

Meh. I hope that’s the end of Twitney.

• Love 9

I'll have to watch the repeat to make any smart remarks, as I was on the phone and couldn't figure out the CC for my TV. Tomorrow is my birthday and I was enjoying a phone call with my sister while having a pint of ice cream, because i'm a grown 63 yr old woman (almost) and I can make my own food decisions, thank you.

Anyway, as we're about to say goodbye, I mentioned I was watching Whit. Straight off she says, "I don't even watch that show that much and I just want to smack her."  Ha!  Is it obvious we shared a room growing up? 

And yeah, I caught Whit's big behind as she undressed. WTH??? She has no self pride or sense of modesty. 

• Love 16