Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Yep they're both human! (Other than that, I see no clear resemblance.)  

I don't either. I think Felicity looks like Jeremy's mom, whereas he's a carbon copy of his dad.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/03/laredo-coronavirus-masks/

Evidently Laredo is fining individuals $1,000 if they do not wear a face mask. Can you imagine if Jinger and Jeremy were still living there? How would they be able to influence?

They'd probably like it. It would give them something to take pictures of. Actually that now everyone is should be wearing them, we're apt to see some new photos from the Vuolos.

• Love 4

If he uses one of his schmancy €90 silk Impressionist ripoff pocket squares as a mask, that could get entertaining. You can’t really get enough air through most silk weaves.

So if he starts sounding even more vapid than usual, it’s just a little Metrosexual Hypoxia.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

in all the make your own face masks things circulating now, I can say I have not seen one where you make one out a fancy pocket square...

Bite your tongue. They will make cheaper ones that match his pocket squares.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

You can’t really get enough air through most silk weaves.

You're not kidding about that. I have some antique silk scarves that were my grandfather's, probably from the 30's and the 40's, and I was playing around with them trying to make a mask/scarf combo and it was nearly impossible to breath at all. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Evidently Laredo is fining individuals $1,000 if they do not wear a face mask. Can you imagine if Jinger and Jeremy were still living there? How would they be able to influence?

Jeremy could use his stupid pockets scares for something !!!!

Crap, you all beat me to it!

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • LOL 7
18 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Well, given the economic crash, it’s not like people are going to have $90 to spare on a square.

Well if you're Jeremy, you just grift them. He won't pay a dime. And yes, silk is hard (next to impossible) to breathe through. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Wonder who they grifted the Dodgers masks from. 

Seeing Jer and those masks, I can't help thinking of my late, lamented Weavers....

"Oh, the preacher is a dodger, yes, a well-known dodger
Oh, the preacher's a dodger, yes, and I'm a dodger, too
He'll preach you the gospel, tell you of your crimes
But look out, boys, he's a-dodgin' for your dimes

"Oh, we're all a-dodgin'
Dodgin', dodgin', dodgin
Oh, we're all a-dodgin' our
Way through the world"

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

It looks like it needs a good washing.

Many on reddit have commented that he looks like he's been sick.

I've mentioned it before, but I think the lighting in their house is really bad for taking pictures. Both Jinger and Jeremy look like death warmed over whenever they post from home, but normal and healthy at every other location. It's like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry's girlfriend was either scary or gorgeous depending on how the light hit her. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

Jeremy is using too much product so his hair looks greasy. That said, I think he looks better with longer hair.  I am really not a fan of the fade haircut the younger guys are all wearing these days.

• Love 4

also they still seem to be aiming for some sorting of Nike sponsorship.

Since Nike was the duggar code word for look at your shoes for the boys when alerted by a sister about eye traps.  what do you all think goes though Jing's mind when she dons her Nike shirt, her Nike hat, goes to the Nike store, puts Nike shoes on her daughter etc.

what does Jing think about practically everything she and Jer are shown wearing having the word Nike on it??

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I've mentioned it before, but I think the lighting in their house is really bad for taking pictures. Both Jinger and Jeremy look like death warmed over whenever they post from home, but normal and healthy at every other location. It's like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry's girlfriend was either scary or gorgeous depending on how the light hit her. 

They did an Instagram live the other night, they were outside, and he looked fine. So unless he's developed something since then, I'm apt to agree with you. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're still in that church house. Weren't they supposed to have moved by now?

Last we heard the move was postponed. It could be further postponed due to quarantine. 

10 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I hate how he says, “it’s an LA thing,” like he’s from there. Seriously, how pretentious!!!

Jeremy, COVID-19 is NOT "an LA thing." Just ask Washington, New York, New Jersey, New Orleans, Italy, etc.

Oh, what's that, you meant the Dodgers? Sure, they're an LA-based team, but the most prominent part is that you wore face masks, not that they had the Dodgers on them.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I never saw anything about a postponement. I think they were lying about it being a temporary landing spot because the truth might actually piss off some leghumpers.

I swear I saw something in January where they extended their stay. Anyway now might not be the Christian time to evict people. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

When does Jer graduate?  When does Jer have to work for the church rather than grift? 

Surely, his replacement has been recruited and is eagerly awaiting his departure.

The degree program he's in is officially three years. And they seem to encourage people who have trouble getting all their school work (cough) done along with working for a living (cough cough) to spread out their courses and stay longer. (as many graduate programs do, of course...) ....

Jer took some coursework (don't know how much and don't know how much if any he actually completed) at one of the school's remote locations, in Dallas.  And now he's in his second semester on campus.....So by the end of this semester, he will maybe have completed three semesters worth (more or less, depending on what he actually did in Texas) of a six-semester curriculum. 

And he's definitely having big fun living for free in Los Angeles with not much apparent job responsibility except to people who for some reason seem to really really like having him as a suckup hanger-on.....So I'm guessing he'll graduate in, oh, 2024 or so....😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, SMama said:

I thought those masks are the homemade type. Did notice the hair growth, also hope his hair is just wet. Yuck. 

Yeah, they could well be homemade. There are people selling Dodgers masks like that, though. So it could go either way. Haven't ever seen Jer and Jingle patronize a fabric store (crafts and fabric shops seem a little down-market for their apparent tastes), but it's certainly possible they did. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I never saw anything about a postponement. I think they were lying about it being a temporary landing spot because the truth might actually piss off some leghumpers.

And it might especially piss off Jer's hundreds of fellow students who were never offered free accommodations in LA, even for a couple of months in a hovel, let alone for a full school year in a large upscale-ish house.

MacArthur's already in the bad graces of a fair number of his students and alumni for extreme preferential treatment of some people for no reason anybody can discern. Finding out that the "we're just here for the first semester, until we can find something for ourselves in LA" story is hogwash wouldn't improve things. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

(crafts and fabric shops seem a little down-market for their apparent tastes)

Depends on the store, though, doesn’t it?  There are high-end hipster fabric and craft stores in my city, so I expect there are some in LA, too. They carry organic cotton in 50 shades of neutral and indie patterns and hand-dyed yarn with the names of the sheep on the label.  And they’re often near coffee shops!

That said, if they wanted to portray Jinger as an up-and-coming sewist influencer, I think we’d have seen it by now. 

• LOL 10

7 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The baby doesn’t need a mask because she shouldn’t be going anywhere! Send one parent out for groceries - er, I mean takeout - and the other two stay home!

Last night my brother went on a little rant about all the people on his SM posting mask selfies. Buying Felicity a mask and photographing her in it was all about the selfie, not concerns for her safety. Good thing my brother doesn't follow anything Duggar. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The baby doesn’t need a mask because she shouldn’t be going anywhere! Send one parent out for groceries - er, I mean takeout - and the other two stay home!

lots of people in Jer's comments pointed out masks aren't recommended for under 2 yrs old

and haha groceries - have we seen even 1 pic of Jinger using her great cooking skills while they are staying home?

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

lots of people in Jer's comments pointed out masks aren't recommended for under 2 yrs old

and haha groceries - have we seen even 1 pic of Jinger using her great cooking skills while they are staying home?

Nope.  And we also haven't seen her -- or Jer -- use craft/sewing skills, come to think of it.....And if they made their masks, wouldn't they have made a video of that process? Sort of like the photography of the dinner roll baking (with the two-take batch...)? 

I  mean -- maskmaking -- what a way to show off....the sewing skills and the LA-related Dodgers cloth before it got all folded up and Jingle showing off her super Christian-wife skills by whipping up functional and attractive masks......Hard for me to see how they would have resisted filming that.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Nope.  And we also haven't seen her -- or Jer -- use craft/sewing skills, come to think of it.....And if they made their masks, wouldn't they have made a video of that process? Sort of like the photography of the dinner roll baking (with the two-take batch...)? 

I  mean -- maskmaking -- what a way to show off....the sewing skills and the LA-related Dodgers cloth before it got all folded up and Jingle showing off her super Christian-wife skills by whipping up functional and attractive masks......Hard for me to see how they would have resisted filming that.....

I'm surprised Jana and Michaela Bates aren't selling masks online.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, jennblevins said:

There are high-end hipster fabric and craft stores in my city, so I expect there are some in LA, too.

Definitely.  Where do the design shows take their participants?  I've been there.