Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 7/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, Lunera said:
It’s weird how Jinger’s hair looks so blonde in some pics and a lot darker in others. But in this pic, her hair doesn’t look so thin/missing at her scalp. I suppose she may have been to the salon once or twice since the original dye job. 

76FB2D67-1CE4-48FD-96E8-0DA16C1BB025.jpeg

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

LOL that's never been my experience! If I straighten my hair and something causes it to frizz, it's either all one giant frizz ball or the ends go first. The only times my roots would go first was when I'd chemically straightened it. 

Very interesting! Back when I straightened my hair with heat (haven’t in years), after a workout the roots would revert and the rest would be straight. 

Humans have a variety of hair textures and ways of styling- Jinger has naturally curly hair, and she’s chemically altered it with bleach and dye. And maybe a chemical straightener too (who knows). We could both most certainly be right with our theories😁

• Love 5
On 7/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, Jeeves said:

I suppose I'm the outlier here. But I can't get my knickers in a twist about Jinger's making money with that Cameo thing or having Felicity on camera with her. It's better, and with a more direct payday, than shilling cheap clothing at inflated prices. 

The kid isn't old enough to have a clue about this, except Mommy's holding her and they are talking to the camera. 

That’s how I feel, too - it’s like the next iteration of signed autographs/photo ops, which don’t require either celeb or fan to travel and wait in/for lines and often cost the same amount. And given her baby is already on TV and social media, I’m not any *more* concerned about Felicity being in cameos - sometime between toddlers and kindergarten, a lot of (wise, I think) people and bloggers get a lot more sparing and stingy in terms of what they’ll say or show re their kids, but Felicity isn’t there yet.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:39 PM, Churchhoney said:

Well, in my opinion it shows the sick "relationship" way too many people are getting with "celebrities" online and with the online world in general.

In many cases, they may idiotically idolize people they don't know from a hole in the ground and who quite often are simply famous for being famous and not worth idolizing in the least.

The depressing thing about that, to me, is that people must be paying for some kind of real emotional thrill (because, otherwise, WHY would you pay?). But what they're getting is clearly just pro forma crap from somebody who couldn't pick you out of a lineup and is doing it for money. 

I’m just not seeing it/this as any fundamentally different than a celeb (actor, singer, broadway, whatever) signing autographs and addressing it to the fan by name. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Same cost as autographs and/or photo ops often have at conventions, without the travel/time/line commitment of waiting outside the theater for the actors after the show, etc.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:54 PM, Sew Sumi said:

So, we still have a month of posts showing them rolling through Jinger's money. Nice.

Though Jing probably only has access to her money, and it being in their name at all, because of Jeremy. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😡

• Love 8

I think Jinger has a weird hair combo. It's somewhat thin but has the coarseness of hair that's typically thicker. Even when she was younger, after they stopped with the curly perms, her hair often misbehaved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Ginger's hair looks like crap probably because she is not doing the necessary deep conditioning and protein treatments.  Some of them are expensive, but if you are paying to double process your hair, you should be able to afford $28 on Olaplex #3 (the current gold standard in at home hair treatments).  She also needs to embrace her hair's natural texture and cut out all the damaging heat styling.  At the rate she is going, she is going to need to do a big chop and start over.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Fried 

15775630-7224781-image-m-41_156260094244

15920132-7237261-On_the_go_Felicity_sat_

So does Greater Los Angeles just have roaming paparazzi everywhere? What area are they living in?

I presume the Vuolo's or their PR people are giving the paps a heads up as to where to find them to catch a photo.  The Kardashians and other 'celebs' do it all the time.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

I presume the Vuolo's or their PR people are giving the paps a heads up as to where to find them to catch a photo.  The Kardashians and other 'celebs' do it all the time.

Or another celebrity was also shopping at Trader Joes that day and the pap took extra photos of Jinger.  It is LA and that is not out of the realm of possibility, and any freelance photographer will take extra pictures they can also sell. 

I do get the sense though that TLC is playing up the Vuolo's move to LA.  While I don't see them getting their own show, I can see them monopolizing the time on Counting On in the future.  The Duggars in Arkansas are all doing the same stuff in 2019 that they were doing in 2015-2018.  How many more episodes can they produce with this stagnant material.  The only thing we haven't seen is Jana courting and getting married, everything else SSDD.

• Love 21
(edited)

That look on her face is a little hard to read in the second picture, but she looks a bit irked to me. Jinger always struck me as a bit of an introvert. Wonder at what point the paparazzi popping up while you're trying to shop at Trader Joe's with your small child is going to start to get annoying or even scary. I would never like it, but I can see how the first time or two it would be flattering. An "I'm a real celebrity moment!" I don't think Jeremy will ever tire of it--he really is an attention whore--but I could see Jinger tiring of it soon, especially if they keep snapping pics of her dressed down because she's running errands. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Fried 

15775630-7224781-image-m-41_156260094244

15920132-7237261-On_the_go_Felicity_sat_

So does Greater Los Angeles just have roaming paparazzi everywhere? What area are they living in?

I agree her hair looks fried.  Like @Absolom said she needs better products.  If you color your hair like that you need a more gentle shampoo and you must have a good conditioner.  Once she uses good stuff her hair will look better.  In my opinion, only virgin hair can use cheap hair products (shampoo and conditioner, styling products can be cheap).  I say this as an ex hairdresser and as someone who has colored their hair since age 12.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 7/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, kokapetl said:

Alabama: worst poverty in the developed world, but no Duggars! 

I think Jinger will start makeup “influencing” fairly soon. That James Charles kid does it, and he looks like a fucking mime. 🤑💋💄

And acts like one.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:08 AM, Churchhoney said:

Well, as everybody knows by now, I'm the Internet-privacy nut around here. So I expect I'm more of the outlier, in fact! 

I'm also a nut when it comes to this thing I feel I've learned (again and again) both from my family life and my professional life:      Kids from birth through young-adulthood sometimes take huge lessons and arrive at huge conclusions from tiny things their parents (and even their teachers and other adult caregivers like grandparents and coaches) do and say. Things that you, as the adult, didn't even notice you said or did, didn't give a second thought to if you did register it, and never in a million years thought the kid would notice, remember or -- least of all -- conclude anything from or act upon.

So obviously this incident, like some others, hits a couple of my very big buttons.

As is often true, it'll be nice if I'm wrong! 

I'm with you on this effect on all the Duggar children growing up. There can be a butterfly effect. When my eldest daughter was three, I took a Stanford-Binet testing course. She was one of the children I practiced on. She loved it (most children do), but she loved it so much she never forgot. She became a school psychologist largely because of the one afternoon experience with her Momma. I believe the coupling of this happy testing experience combined with her three-year-old relationship with me had a real effect. Happily, it was totally good. Still I became sensitive to this likelihood with very young children.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So, are we to believe that “The Vuolos” are “important” enough to warrant paparazzi after a trip to the grocery store? Um, no. 

If anyone is interested, I will be grocery shopping on Sunday. *sheesh* 

Well, I expect that at least one of them will quietly conclude that they're important. (...not saying which one....)    I mean, it'd be hard not to, wouldn't it? Especially if you're a person who really craves being important? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Well, they do have lots of SM followers. Jinger has 1.1m IG followers, and Jeremy has 603K.  Not bad for people who've done damn-all but be on a marginal cable TV show. 

I saw a funny story today about a social media "influencer," which I'll share over in the Small Talk area.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

So, are we to believe that “The Vuolos” are “important” enough to warrant paparazzi after a trip to the grocery store? Um, no. 

If anyone is interested, I will be grocery shopping on Sunday. *sheesh* 

Somebody apparently paid that pap for the image and the clicks it would give their site, so...apparently yes.

• Love 4
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I expect the paparazzi to be at my grocery store on Sunday. I am important enough that the store sends its employees to bring my cart with my groceries to my car and actually loads my bags into the back of my suv. Just for me. So there. 

Hey!  I go to Heinen's too!

I would not be at all surprised if the PR folk at TLC knew likely locations for the paps to be lurking around LA and sent Jing and Jer out to find them.

Either that, or Jeremy frequently goes to outdoor shopping centers and poses with his kid just for kicks.  I do see that he managed to find some fairly casual loafers to wear sockless with his jeans.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I totally can see JereME being the kind of person to tip off the paps when they are going on a pap stroll.

Agreed! I don't see this going over well with his new employer if so.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I expect the paparazzi to be at my grocery store on Sunday. I am important enough that the store sends its employees to bring my cart with my groceries to my car and actually loads my bags into the back of my suv. Just for me. So there. 

If it's raining and they don't show up, I recommend taking some selfies and posting them online.

Maybe stand by your trunk with a bag of oranges displayed in the background as you examine a shiny lemon. #citrusandlemon #groceriesintherain 🍊🍋🌦️

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

I do believe that Jinger has damaged her hair. Time to cut your hair, Jinger, and start all over again with natural, healthy hair.

Jinger's complexion, eye color, etc are for bring brunette. Some can't even fake being blonde and look good, IMO. Jinger is one of those people.

• Love 14

So, when school starts, I wonder if Jeremy will be gone all day?  Will Jing bring him lunch?  Will she actually get out on her own and meet new people?  Will this be the first time they have been apart all day?  Will she go to campus with him?  We know there will be no Becky in the third row because NO GIRLS ALLOWED.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Jing can only bring lunch if she totes it in a wicker basket from Williams Sonoma, serves it on a gingham plaid tablecloth from Pottery Barn and the meal is catered by Spago.

Siah can show Jinge how it's done. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

"My wife, baby and I will be shopping at Trader Joe's from 12:30 to 1:45 PM. I am calling to beg you to respect our privacy during that period and to please, please, please not take our picture as we come out the door on the south- western side of the building and proceed to our car which will be parked in the second row from the left."

😂🤣😂🤣😂

"And I especially don't want anyone to zoom in on my fancy pocketsquare I special-ordered."

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Is it wrong that I kind of hope Beckett is gay & they have a wild secret fling?

In my mind, Jeremy is already totally having an affair with Cade. 😉

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

Oh Cade is his name I forgot! What if Beckett is really a girl pretending to be a guy so she can steal Jeremy's heart?

If you want Jeremy's heart buy him $85 pocket squares in bulk.

How are they affording all this? Trader Joe's isn't cheap either! I know I shop there. $100 barely buys you anything.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Zella said:

In my mind, Jeremy is already totally having an affair with Cade. 😉

I don't know about his love for Jer, but Cade certainly enjoys expressing his patriarchal joy in having a fiance (wife? are they married yet?) who knows her place. And it's as his servant. He'll fit in well at MacArthur's Sexist Seminary, should he decide to suspend touring as a musician and actually go there with his BFF Jer.

His recent Facebook post announcing a new song she's recorded ends by explaining that nothing she'll ever do will be as important as taking care of him. He apparently likes to think that this shows his respect for her. Please....

I sometimes feel I should cut older guys some slack when they spout this patriarchal bullshit but it drives me nuts when guys in their 20s and 30s do it. 

Drives me even crazier that so many women are giving him tongue baths over this in the comments. .... (and a few who say she's a hussy for pursuing any activities outside the home at all...) 

"Cade Foehner Music

"July 9 at 1:34 PM · 

"Little Mama is comin out with a new song THIS FRIDAY! Y’all be sure to get it saved at the link in her bio!

"Also I’d just like to tell all of you how blessed I am to have been picked by this woman. She cares for me with a selflessness that can only come from a person who wants earnestly to obey the Scriptures and it’s commands to abandon herself and follow after Christ. 
She is a woman of the Word. She is everything opposite to what this world says a woman ought to be, rather she fears the Lord and lets His Scripture dictate to her the woman she is to be.
She inspires me daily with that very thing, no height before the world can be measurable to the astounding work of a woman in the home, being a wife and one day a mother. 
"I love you mama thank you for being so much more than a singer."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know about his love for Jer, but Cade certainly enjoys expressing his patriarchal joy in having a fiance (wife? are they married yet?) who knows her place. And it's as his servant. He'll fit in well at MacArthur's Sexist Seminary, should he decide to suspend touring as a musician and actually go there with his BFF Jer.

His recent Facebook post announcing a new song she's recorded ends by explaining that nothing she'll ever do will be as important as taking care of him. He apparently likes to think that this shows his respect for her. Please....

I sometimes feel I should cut older guys some slack when they spout this patriarchal bullshit but it drives me nuts when guys in their 20s and 30s do it. 

"Cade Foehner Music

"July 9 at 1:34 PM · 

"Little Mama is comin out with a new song THIS FRIDAY! Y’all be sure to get it saved at the link in her bio!

"Also I’d just like to tell all of you how blessed I am to have been picked by this woman. She cares for me with a selflessness that can only come from a person who wants earnestly to obey the Scriptures and it’s commands to abandon herself and follow after Christ. 
She is a woman of the Word. She is everything opposite to what this world says a woman ought to be, rather she fears the Lord and lets His Scripture dictate to her the woman she is to be.
She inspires me daily with that very thing, no height before the world can be measurable to the astounding work of a woman in the home, being a wife and one day a mother. 
"I love you mama thank you for being so much more than a singer."

"She is everything opposite to what this world says a woman ought to be...".

Those words are a big part of what makes the uber Christians of this world scary. Any really, they should just substitute the word 'woman' with non-hetero, non-man.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

"She is everything opposite to what this world says a woman ought to be," but has obviously spent thousands of dollars on that hair, makeup,  and wardrobe straight out of Instagram.   Not to mention the ducklip selfies.

Make-up and duck lips are okay. Rights and agency are not okay.

• Love 17