Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

So I’m bored and googling today...they got engaged March 22. No mention that they’ve married.

If she’s doing all that home-related stuff he’s patting her on the head for...are they shacking up????

I feel so defrauded right now.

ETA: That is one modest outfit Little Mama’s wearing here...

BDB2D100-D359-4E7E-B97E-8B45C203F0BC.jpeg

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Man, if that girl ever figures out how much he’s patronizing her and candy coating it in this gushing bullshit...I hope she dumps him like a hot rock, drives over him and then reverses before she hits Outta Here road.

Horrifying.

Well, she just turned 19 in March. And she may be a little more successful than he is at the moment. If she can keep that up, I'd guess there's a good chance for a light to dawn and an escape to be made. It'd be nice if it could be soon and before they have kids together. 

1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

So I’m bored and googling today...they got engaged March 22. No mention that they’ve married.

If she’s doing all that home-related stuff he’s patting her head for...are they shacking up????

Maybe she comes over in the morning, dressed in her French maid's uniform, and then goes home at sunset. lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know about his love for Jer, but Cade certainly enjoys expressing his patriarchal joy in having a fiance (wife? are they married yet?) who knows her place. And it's as his servant. He'll fit in well at MacArthur's Sexist Seminary, should he decide to suspend touring as a musician and actually go there with his BFF Jer.

His recent Facebook post announcing a new song she's recorded ends by explaining that nothing she'll ever do will be as important as taking care of him. He apparently likes to think that this shows his respect for her. Please....

I sometimes feel I should cut older guys some slack when they spout this patriarchal bullshit but it drives me nuts when guys in their 20s and 30s do it. 

Drives me even crazier that so many women are giving him tongue baths over this in the comments. .... (and a few who say she's a hussy for pursuing any activities outside the home at all...) 

"Cade Foehner Music

"July 9 at 1:34 PM · 

"Little Mama is comin out with a new song THIS FRIDAY! Y’all be sure to get it saved at the link in her bio!

"Also I’d just like to tell all of you how blessed I am to have been picked by this woman. She cares for me with a selflessness that can only come from a person who wants earnestly to obey the Scriptures and it’s commands to abandon herself and follow after Christ. 
She is a woman of the Word. She is everything opposite to what this world says a woman ought to be, rather she fears the Lord and lets His Scripture dictate to her the woman she is to be.
She inspires me daily with that very thing, no height before the world can be measurable to the astounding work of a woman in the home, being a wife and one day a mother. 
"I love you mama thank you for being so much more than a singer."

Wow, he can just fuck right off.

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

If she’s doing all that home-related stuff he’s patting her on the head for...are they shacking up????

ETA: That is one modest outfit Little Mama’s wearing here...

BDB2D100-D359-4E7E-B97E-8B45C203F0BC.jpeg

She was tarted up in McArthur's office a few months ago. Skin tight jeans and cleavage showing in her blouse. 

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She was tarted up in McArthur's office a few months ago. Skin tight jeans and cleavage showing in her blouse. 

Which raises an interesting question...if that worked (and I have zero doubt MacArthur and his God bros all had their tongues hitting the floor) how long before RFP starts after Jinger about upping her hussification? 

Boob job, here she comes...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Which raises an interesting question...if that worked (and I have zero doubt MacArthur and his God bros all had their tongues hitting the floor) how long before RFP starts after Jinger about upping her hussification? 

Hope not. Just as I hope Jer had nothing to do with Jingle's blonde turn, which I did wonder about as soon as I saw it. The first picture she showed looked so much like one of Gabby's in which Gabby's looking over her shoulder with pretty much identical hair. And it hadn't been too long since Jer was deeply and publicly into his bromance with Cade. 

I've told myself that Jinge was just experimenting with her own hair for her own reasons, since she has done it in the past. And which I'm all for, really.

But I hope Jer will stick to tinkering with his own image and leave Jingle's image to Jingle. I expect that making your wife into the right kind of woman is pretty common practice in his sexist social-climbing circle, however. 

Don't do it, RFP.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

"My wife, baby and I will be shopping at Trader Joe's from 12:30 to 1:45 PM. I am calling to beg you to respect our privacy during that period and to please, please, please not take our picture as we come out the door on the south- western side of the building and proceed to our car which will be parked in the second row from the left."

And I  would not to be a bit surprised if this is exactly how it went down! 

2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

She could get a really good song out of that.

Carrie underwood already did that one!  😁

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

You called it… won’t be a bit surprised to see that either. Just like we all called the blonde hair as soon as they announced move to LA.  

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jinger has always looked scary thin to me, not “fit.”

Check out her upper arms. She’s thin, but not skeletal. She might be near the low end of her normal BMI range, but I doubt she’s underweight. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know about his love for Jer, but Cade certainly enjoys expressing his patriarchal joy in having a fiance (wife? are they married yet?) who knows her place. And it's as his servant. He'll fit in well at MacArthur's Sexist Seminary, should he decide to suspend touring as a musician and actually go there with his BFF Jer.

His recent Facebook post announcing a new song she's recorded ends by explaining that nothing she'll ever do will be as important as taking care of him. He apparently likes to think that this shows his respect for her. Please....

I sometimes feel I should cut older guys some slack when they spout this patriarchal bullshit but it drives me nuts when guys in their 20s and 30s do it. 

Drives me even crazier that so many women are giving him tongue baths over this in the comments. .... (and a few who say she's a hussy for pursuing any activities outside the home at all...) 

"Cade Foehner Music

"July 9 at 1:34 PM · 

"Little Mama is comin out with a new song THIS FRIDAY! Y’all be sure to get it saved at the link in her bio!

"Also I’d just like to tell all of you how blessed I am to have been picked by this woman. She cares for me with a selflessness that can only come from a person who wants earnestly to obey the Scriptures and it’s commands to abandon herself and follow after Christ. 
She is a woman of the Word. She is everything opposite to what this world says a woman ought to be, rather she fears the Lord and lets His Scripture dictate to her the woman she is to be.
She inspires me daily with that very thing, no height before the world can be measurable to the astounding work of a woman in the home, being a wife and one day a mother. 
"I love you mama thank you for being so much more than a singer."

Who is this guy (and gal)?  How do they know Jinger and Jeremy? She's 19?! and he already calls her mama. They don't have kids yet right? I might give them a pass if they already have kids, but that's weird. 

I'm listening to the song right now and it's better than I would expect. 

Fundies who are attractive and make fundism look good are worse than those that make it look bad imo. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe she comes over in the morning, dressed in her French maid's uniform, and then goes home at sunset. lol

Hee! She could always use Jill's lotion seduction technique.

How far did Cade get on American Idol? Did he spout any of this on the show?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

He made it to the top five, was in a double elimination. So sayeth Wiki.

Dunno about how much Fundie proselytizing he did. He probably dialed it way down, certainly WAY down from this pile of bovine excrement. Especially since “Little Mama” came in second and thereby outperforming her headship. Gasp.

Oh and a woman won that Idol season. Too bad she wasn’t more than just a singer, hunh Cade?

To get back closer to topic: this is the kind of dim bulb RFP hangs with. 

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12

I read a bit about Gabby and she actually sounds like a nice girl from a humble background who’s not taking anything for granted. She also can really sing, which is more than I can say for a lot of Idol alums. I hope she wises up and realizes Cade is a pretentious asshole who wants her to sacrifice her ambition and spend her life cooking his dinner. She talks a lot about her dad and how much he sacrificed for her career — I can’t imagine he’s thrilled about the upcoming nuptials.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

Who is this guy (and gal)?  How do they know Jinger and Jeremy? She's 19?! and he already calls her mama. They don't have kids yet right? I might give them a pass if they already have kids, but that's weird. 

I'm listening to the song right now and it's better than I would expect. 

Fundies who are attractive and make fundism look good are worse than those that make it look bad imo. 

Cade was recently on American Idol (the most recent season or the season before that?) and Gabby was on the season prior to the one Cade was on. They're both country singers, ages 23 and 19. She finished third, I think, and he finished a little lower.

They became a couple sometime in the past year, I think, and starting either in 2019 or late 2018, Jer and Cade began a very prominent online (and a bit offline) bromance.

Lots of "love this guy" and  BFF and "what a great guy to have as a BFF forever" all over their instagrams and Facebooks. Lots of likes for each other's posts quoting various sexist and anti-gay Calvinist heroes of theirs and so on. They were photographed together in LA and also in Texas. Cade's Texas-based. (Cade has a better fashion sense, IMO)

It appears they met due to MacArthur and company, although how and when that happened isn't clear. He didn't appear anywhere in Jer-land but then all of a sudden they were BFFs. 

Like Jer, Cade apparently has Calvinist ministers in his family and aims at such a career himself. He also aims at a music career, though. One assumes he'll combine them. His music seems to be country of the lots-of-holy-stuff sort, with a bit of a rock edge. (In other words, it could become worship music pretty easily.)

Until recently he was pursuing music and enrolled in Liberty online, taking theology and Bible courses of some kind, I think. But then he showed up at The Master's Seminary (Jer's school) in LA. Like Jer and Jingle, Gabby and Cade were getting a big warm welcome from MacArthur and company. Photographs taken with school big shots and so on. 

Not clear whether he'll be attending The Master's Seminary now or what. Gabby's from somewhere in the east -- maybe around Pittsburgh? And I get the impression she's worked out of Nashville to some extent. But at this stage in their careers, moving to LA would obviously not be a surprising step. 

Cade just finished up the tour for the (independent?) album he released earlier this year. And the flurry of BFFing between him and Jer seems to have died down while that was going on.

But the bromance was quite intense for a while. And you (well, I....) got this vision of MacArthur seeing the boys as a potential help in drumming up more young-people interest to goose his somewhat beleaguered enterprises and bringing them together for that reason. While Jer and Cade dreamed of the megachurch/media-church the preacher-athlete and preacher-rocker might have down the road......😀               

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 9
On 7/13/2019 at 7:02 PM, floridamom said:

Jinger's complexion, eye color, etc are for bring brunette. Some can't even fake being blonde and look good, IMO. Jinger is one of those people.

I think she could pull blonde off, just not on her budget. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

No, he didn’t spew any of this on the show. Actually kind of liked him, and even went on the tour to see him and the group in person! I just don’t understand how he could perform rock songs that have lyrics and represent lifestyles that do not at all match his views. Or how Gabi dresses and comports herself online the way she does- it all seems antithetical to their fundamentalist belief system!  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Is he just going around asking for free food in exchange for ads? Can't tell if this is an undisclosed ad or he's just really excited about pizza. 

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

Is he just going around asking for free food in exchange for ads? Can't tell if this is an u disclosed ad or he's just really excited about pizza. 

I wonder if it’s part of TLC’s filming for next season, “Jinger goes to the Big City.”

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Is he just going around asking for free food in exchange for ads? Can't tell if this is an u disclosed ad or he's just really excited about pizza. 

I live in a neighborhood with LOTS of Indians. And lots of Indian restaurants and sweet shops and pizza places.  That pizza JereME is eating is truely delicious.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Is he just going around asking for free food in exchange for ads? Can't tell if this is an undisclosed ad or he's just really excited about pizza. 

My theory is he's trying to add gourmand to his list of hobbies, alongside fashionista and book collector, to burnish his "sophisticated" image, but he's probably just listing the ingredients off the damn menu.

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I don't know how these presumably casual mentions work either. But by putting a link to the restaurant's instagram up top on his post, he got his post put at the top of their instagram. ... I can't really figure out who's publicizing whom in situations like that....Maybe they're each publicizing the other...

I think Jer does many things for reasons of building his fame and fortune....so there's that. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Do they ever eat at home? I get the excitement of moving to a big city and all of the new food options, but it seems like they eat out constantly. And food in LA ain't cheap. 

That is exactly what I was thinking! Great minds...

• Love 15

They are just living like every other influencer/Instagrammer. They show off their glamorous life on social media but in reality they are freeloaders. 

Someone here said they are possibly living in someone's guest house, they probably don't have a kitchen or a very small one but they have to keep up appearances in their fancy outfits and nice restaurant meals.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, emma675 said:

Do they ever eat at home? I get the excitement of moving to a big city and all of the new food options, but it seems like they eat out constantly. And food in LA ain't cheap. 

It’s mostly just food for him though. I doubt Jinger eats more than a couple bites.

4 hours ago, Lunera said:

They are just living like every other influencer/Instagrammer. They show off their glamorous life on social media but in reality they are freeloaders. 

Someone here said they are possibly living in someone's guest house, they probably don't have a kitchen or a very small one but they have to keep up appearances in their fancy outfits and nice restaurant meals.

But Jinger was just pictured shopping at Trader Joe’s . . . 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

It’s mostly just food for him though. I doubt Jinger eats more than a couple bites.

But Jinger was just pictured shopping at Trader Joe’s . . . 

Trader Joe’s has a lot of reasonably healthy convenience foods that can be cooked in a microwave. We don’t have one where I live, and I miss it.

I think Jinger probably eats more than a couple bites, but I don’t think she ever finishes those huge meals she’s pictured with. Jeremy must be working out regularly in order to not be putting on weight, though. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I don't know how much Jinger and Jeremy made from the sale of their home, but they're going to burn through it pretty quickly if they're shopping and eating in restaurants non-stop. Yes, they pull in money from social media and the show, but they still have to pay taxes and it's not like they're Kardashian level where they get a million bucks per Tweet.

I can handwave it for now because I understand there's an impulse to experience local hot spots when you move to a new city, but they definitely need to reign it in soon.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Instead of singing hymns, Jinger was posting Instagram stories. It looks like RFP isn’t important enough to be behind the velvet rope. Also, why is the velvet rope there? Aren’t we all equal in the eyes of the Lord? 

56CE8156-C429-49ED-B1A8-D42B3F4BE734.jpeg

Yeah, the rope thing seems...uh...weird. (Maybe it's keeping people away from recording equipment or something?)

I think Jingle's just doing her assigned job here, though.

I'm  still convinced Jer became a MacArthur favorite mainly -- or only -- because he and, especially, Jingle can get the church and related enterprises in front of more than a million eyeballs via every social-media post they make. 

That''s a level of positive publicity other congregants and seminary students can't possibly deliver.

And MacArthur's looking down the barrel of a disaster, with the potential loss of accreditation for his schools still looming. So he probably wants to use every means available to get an influx of happy, young new members and fans to shore up his kingdom. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Instead of singing hymns, Jinger was posting Instagram stories. It looks like RFP isn’t important enough to be behind the velvet rope. Also, why is the velvet rope there? Aren’t we all equal in the eyes of the Lord? 

56CE8156-C429-49ED-B1A8-D42B3F4BE734.jpeg

It is probably because they record and/or telecast their service and they don’t want people walking in front of the stage. It’s amazing to me how clueless people can be. While our pastor is preaching, I’ve seen people walk right in front of the stage on their way to the bathroom  when they could easily walk down the side aisle. So distracting!

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know how these presumably casual mentions work either. But by putting a link to the restaurant's instagram up top on his post, he got his post put at the top of their instagram. ... I can't really figure out who's publicizing whom in situations like that....Maybe they're each publicizing the other...

I think Jer does many things for reasons of building his fame and fortune....so there's that. 

I really think Jeremy is a paying customer at most of these places, but wants people to think that they're sponsoring or comping him! He's soooooo important, after all. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 7/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, doodlebug said:

Hey!  I go to Heinen's too!

I would not be at all surprised if the PR folk at TLC knew likely locations for the paps to be lurking around LA and sent Jing and Jer out to find them.

Either that, or Jeremy frequently goes to outdoor shopping centers and poses with his kid just for kicks.  I do see that he managed to find some fairly casual loafers to wear sockless with his jeans.

I went there when I was at a wedding near CLE.  I absolutely LOVED it!   My sister was especially fond of sipping wine while shopping.  That perk isn't avail in CA!

I have a feeling Jer is pap hunting and suggesting outings based on that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/13/2019 at 12:58 PM, galaxychaser said:

Oh Cade is his name I forgot! What if Beckett is really a girl pretending to be a guy so she can steal Jeremy's heart?

If you want Jeremy's heart buy him $85 pocket squares in bulk.

How are they affording all this? Trader Joe's isn't cheap either! I know I shop there. $100 barely buys you anything.

In CA it is pretty cheap.  Less than a Von's/Ralphs and MUCH cheaper than a Gelson's/Whole Food/Bristol Farms.  

• Love 8
On 7/14/2019 at 5:05 AM, Churchhoney said:

Cade was recently on American Idol (the most recent season or the season before that?) and Gabby was on the season prior to the one Cade was on. They're both country singers, ages 23 and 19. She finished third, I think, and he finished a little lower.

They became a couple sometime in the past year, I think, and starting either in 2019 or late 2018, Jer and Cade began a very prominent online (and a bit offline) bromance.

Lots of "love this guy" and  BFF and "what a great guy to have as a BFF forever" all over their instagrams and Facebooks. Lots of likes for each other's posts quoting various sexist and anti-gay Calvinist heroes of theirs and so on. They were photographed together in LA and also in Texas. Cade's Texas-based. (Cade has a better fashion sense, IMO)

It appears they met due to MacArthur and company, although how and when that happened isn't clear. He didn't appear anywhere in Jer-land but then all of a sudden they were BFFs. 

Like Jer, Cade apparently has Calvinist ministers in his family and aims at such a career himself. He also aims at a music career, though. One assumes he'll combine them. His music seems to be country of the lots-of-holy-stuff sort, with a bit of a rock edge. (In other words, it could become worship music pretty easily.)

Until recently he was pursuing music and enrolled in Liberty online, taking theology and Bible courses of some kind, I think. But then he showed up at The Master's Seminary (Jer's school) in LA. Like Jer and Jingle, Gabby and Cade were getting a big warm welcome from MacArthur and company. Photographs taken with school big shots and so on. 

Not clear whether he'll be attending The Master's Seminary now or what. Gabby's from somewhere in the east -- maybe around Pittsburgh? And I get the impression she's worked out of Nashville to some extent. But at this stage in their careers, moving to LA would obviously not be a surprising step. 

Cade just finished up the tour for the (independent?) album he released earlier this year. And the flurry of BFFing between him and Jer seems to have died down while that was going on.

But the bromance was quite intense for a while. And you (well, I....) got this vision of MacArthur seeing the boys as a potential help in drumming up more young-people interest to goose his somewhat beleaguered enterprises and bringing them together for that reason. While Jer and Cade dreamed of the megachurch/media-church the preacher-athlete and preacher-rocker might have down the road......😀               

At my age when I see MacArthur I think of the Donna Summer's song (HA!):

On 7/14/2019 at 10:27 AM, Lunera said:

I am excited for them to be expanding their palate!  

• Love 3

You just have to know how to shop at Trader Joe’s. Lots of things are a great price. And they do have amazingly good and cheap frozen food. We’re empty nesters, so I like to buy some of that stuff and add to it. They have a good Cioppino. I buy that and add a ton of my own shrimp, fish, veggies, etc.

i still like Jinger’s hair. I think the lighter color really suits her. And probably also Jana. 

• Love 9