Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Maybe Jeremy is the one who has secrets. Maybe he has been over compensating in the macho male department and has hidden truths he is unhappy with. 

Just a thought.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Extensions

Bad ones.

I thought breakage and sloppily pulling it back but extensions would explain how full and healthy her normally scraggly hair looked in a few pictures. I bet she had them put in a while ago and has no idea your supposed to take them out after a certain length of time. 

• Love 4
(edited)

He really should be playing the ex-athlete card. Begrudgingly, he’s still in great shape. Put some hip sneakers on him instead of those middle-aged Palm Springs shoes and take half the crap out of his wallet and he’d look pretty decent.

It’s the overdressed trying-too-hard fop thing I can’t deal with.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Jeremy is the one who has secrets. Maybe he has been over compensating in the macho male department and has hidden truths he is unhappy with. 

Just a thought.

Or he has an inner elderly mall-walker who's desperately trying to get out. 

• LOL 20

Salt and Straw usually has some unexpected flavors. My favorite is the pear and bleu cheese, but I also like their strawberry and goat cheese.  One thing great about them being in LA is eating more than whatever the hell slop Jill and Jessa are cooking in Alabama.  In my opinion, food is what opens the most doors to various cultures, and food is also something that can open peoples minds.  

I mean, Joy and Austin couldn’t even drink sparkling water and eat fondue without expressing their shock at the “exotic ness” of it all.  Meanwhile, fondue’s completely edged out of the trendy and exciting food categories!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Magoo said:

At the risk of sounding stalkerish, do we know if they're living in Studio City?  There seem to be a lot of photos taken in that area.  Why did I think it was Sun Valley, or is that just where their megachurch is?  Curious, because I live super-duper close to Studio City and need to prepare myself mentally and emotionally (lol) in case I run into them unexpectedly.  

Is Studio City a trendy area? I imagine Jeremy was having orgasms when he saw he'd been papped and made the DailyFail. I guarantee they'll be popping up regularly in spots where he they can be noticed.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

At least here in central Europe the brown leather shoes are in trend right now. My 25 year old brother who is all about fashion and style just bought a new pair. First I teased him about it but now I see a lot oft young career oriented men wearing them.

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

I bet she had them put in a while ago and has no idea your supposed to take them out after a certain length of time. 

Yes, she doesn't realize how expensive and costly they are to maintain.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

At least here in central Europe the brown leather shoes are in trend right now. My 25 year old brother who is all about fashion and style just bought a new pair. First I teased him about it but now I see a lot oft young career oriented men wearing them.

Ask your brother if he would wear them with that tee shirt and jeans outfit...tell him there are a bunch of Americans asking for his fashion opinion!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Is Studio City a trendy area? I imagine Jeremy was having orgasms when he saw he'd been papped and made the DailyFail. I guarantee they'll be popping up regularly in spots where he they can be noticed.

Yup, very trendy, especially ‘ Ventura blvd’ in Studio City.  Many celebrities live in the area and it’s not unusual to see them eating/ shopping on Ventura Blvd  

• Useful 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Dirndl said:

Ever since Jer first turned up in those shoes, I've wondered if the color might be coming into fashion again, as it does periodically. Wouldn't be surprised if he picked up that fact from following those European fashion sites.

Being a fashionista may be part of his agenda in LA, given the featured visit to the high-end resale place and the flurry of fashion stuff he's been into ever since they announced the upcoming move -- like the pocket squares .... Maybe he figures that can help him edge out some other aspiring Calvinist preachers in the fight for jobs in upscale markets.....It might even work. 

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to preach in any more plain old ordinary places like Laredo. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Ever since Jer first turned up in those shoes, I've wondered if the color might be coming into fashion again, as it does periodically. Wouldn't be surprised if he picked up that fact from following those European fashion sites.

Being a fashionista may be part of his agenda in LA, given the featured visit to the high-end resale place and the flurry of fashion stuff he's been into ever since they announced the upcoming move -- like the pocket squares .... Maybe he figures that can help him edge out some other aspiring Calvinist preachers in the fight for jobs in upscale markets.....It might even work. 

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to preach in any more plain old ordinary places like Laredo. 

I think you've absolutely identified JerME's plan - he's targeting affluent people/markets.

I wonder when his schooling begins? So far it seems he's got plenty of time to explore LA. For such thin/trim people, they go out to eat quite a bit. Maybe they only eat one meal a day?

• Love 7
(edited)

I just want to know who's paying for all the meals out! That's a constant source of bewilderment for me with all these people.

I didn't expect such a big response to my post about my celebrity crush. As an update, apparently he and I have a mutual FB friend, so FB keeps putting up his hot profile pic on my page under "People You May Know" and suggesting I request him as a friend. It kind of gave me a jolt the first time! But no, I'm not going to try to friend him. That's creepy. I don't mind looking at the cute picture, though!

Edited by Abstract
  • Love 14

I'm happy for Jinger. She always wanted to get away from the compound and she's done it. Can you imagine any of her other siblings doing any of the things she's getting to do? Even if Jeremy is a bit of a tool, he still got her out.

Also, call me optimistic but I think that they are going to exposed to so much now that they are in CA that their beliefs will shift some. I could see them leaning away from the more strict church teachings and ending up at a Hillsong type place eventually. There's more money in that type of "religion" than the "everyone but us is evil" type. Hillsong people likely believe much of the same in regards to society but they are smart enough to market themselves completely differently. If Jeremy really wants to be a big name, mega pastor of a hip place, he'll learn quickyly. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I think you've absolutely identified JerME's plan - he's targeting affluent people/markets.

I wonder when his schooling begins? So far it seems he's got plenty of time to explore LA. For such thin/trim people, they go out to eat quite a bit. Maybe they only eat one meal a day?

According to the school's calendar, the fall semester starts August 13. 

• Useful 5
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

According to the school's calendar, the fall semester starts August 13. 

So, we still have a month of posts showing them rolling through Jinger's money. Nice.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

Okay, as a fellow lefty who uses chopsticks with her sinister hand, I must confess, I enjoyed her lefty chopstick picture. 😂 

Am wondering how they're financing all the eat-outs and shopping trips, though. Guess they're blowing through the money they got from selling their house?  

• Love 11

That would be my guess. They put about half down on the place in Laredo, which was about 90k, IIRC. Not nearly enough for a down payment in LA, so I imagine they cashed out. I've never been a homeowner, so I do have a question...doesn't cashing out have possible tax ramifications? If so, how much?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

That would be my guess. They put about half down on the place in Laredo, which was about 90k, IIRC. Not nearly enough for a down payment in LA, so I imagine they cashed out. I've never been a homeowner, so I do have a question...doesn't cashing out have possible tax ramifications? If so, how much?

Also never been a homeowner, so not sure! 

Even if not, it does strike me as terribly impractical, simply because they're moving to a much more expensive area. I'm admittedly a skinflint at heart, but I'd totally be squirreling that money away for a rainy day, especially if I were getting ready to start a graduate program and had a spouse and child to support. 

• Love 12
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it only matters if they made a profit.  They only owned the place for a couple of years, they couldn't have made much; but, if they did, I think it qualifies as Capital Gains and would be taxable as such. However, I'm pretty sure it's only taxable if they make over $250,000 on the sale which seems impossible in Laredo..  For a married couple, they might be able to double that before owing taxes on the profit.

ETA: I was talking with a friend last night.  They have friends in San Francisco who bought a house for $900,000 two years ago and just put it on the market for $1.2 mil and expect to get more than that.  So, there are places where that much profit can be made after just a couple of years.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

I also think you can keep the profits from your first home without their being taxed; after that though you need to roll them into another home within a set period of time to keep from being taxed.  However, I've learned most of my knowledge about the law from "Law and Order", so you may not want to put too much stock in it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

However, I'm pretty sure it's only taxable if they make over $250,000 on the sale which seems impossible in Laredo..  For a married couple, they might be able to double that before owing taxes on the profit.

Capital gains are taxed on real estate, but you're exempt on proceeds from the sale of a primary residence (meaning you lived there full time for at least 2 of the previous 5 years) up to $250k if you're filing single or $500k if married filing joint.

Meaning Jing and Jer likely paid (or will pay) no taxes on the sale of their house, provided they owned it for at least 2 years.

You can roll proceeds over into the purchase of another house (which has its own timeline, I forget what) tax-free, but that's more for income properties or second homes. It wouldn't really apply here, especially because there's basically no way they'd owe taxes in the first place.

• Useful 8
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

You have up to a year to reinvest it in another property. Well, it used to be that way.

• Useful 2
On 7/9/2019 at 5:54 AM, OpieTaylor said:

The far left pic of Jinger - does her hair against her head look all “broken” up ? Like the breakage some have wondered about?

It’s not broken up- looks like the roots of naturally textured hair when the rest has been blown out. Her blowout is dying (sweat, humidity, time etc). 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It’s not broken up- looks like the roots of naturally textured hair when the rest has been blown out. Her blowout is dying (sweat, humidity, time etc). 

That's not what a dying blow out looks like. If it's not extensions way past their prime, then she might be growing out a relaxer. That line of demarcation between the two textures is a dead give away.

Edited by lascuba
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

Her cameo price is now set at $75 rather than $60. Guess they decided she’s in more demand than they originally thought:

https://www.cameo.com/jingervuolo

The excitement had died down, she only did one video this week. She needs to keep pimping out her Cameo if she wants people to keep coming. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

That's not what a dying blow out looks like. If it's not extensions way past their prime, then she might be growing out a relaxer. That line of demarcation between the two textures is a dead give away.

Don’t Caucasian people often get a blow out after a hair straightening treatment? I’m not trying to be snarky- I’ve never chemically straighten my hair, so to me it looks like a dying blow out/flat iron after you’ve sweated and the hair against your scalp has returned to its natural texture. Prime example of a post work out session but you haven’t washed your hair again. But my hair texture is much coarser than Jinger’s so it would look this way for me without extensions or a relaxer. 

On 7/11/2019 at 1:56 AM, HahYallDoin said:

Oh no, the Duggars are in Arkansas. We Alabamian’s are grateful for that fact! 

Alabama: worst poverty in the developed world, but no Duggars! 

I think Jinger will start makeup “influencing” fairly soon. That James Charles kid does it, and he looks like a fucking mime. 🤑💋💄

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Don’t Caucasian people often get a blow out after a hair straightening treatment? I’m not trying to be snarky- I’ve never chemically straighten my hair, so to me it looks like a dying blow out/flat iron after you’ve sweated and the hair against your scalp has returned to its natural texture. Prime example of a post work out session but you haven’t washed your hair again. But my hair texture is much coarser than Jinger’s so it would look this way for me without extensions or a relaxer. 

Oh, I see what you mean. When I say blowout I mean just using heat to straighten without any chemical treatment. If that's the case then her ends wouldn't still be straight while her roots are a mess. That's why I think she's growing out something. I wouldn't think someone with Jinger's hair texture would bother with chemical relaxer, but she does like to straighten her hair and a relaxer would make blowing out her hair everyday easier, since she likely wouldn't need to flat iron it except maybe her roots between treatments. Though why anyone would put bleach on top of chemically straightened hair...oof.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

Oh, I see what you mean. When I say blowout I mean just using heat to straighten without any chemical treatment. If that's the case then her ends wouldn't still be straight while her roots are a mess. That's why I think she's growing out something. I wouldn't think someone with Jinger's hair texture would bother with chemical relaxer, but she does like to straighten her hair and a relaxer would make blowing out her hair everyday easier, since she likely wouldn't need to flat iron it except maybe her roots between treatments. Though why anyone would put bleach on top of chemically straightened hair...oof.

I’m saying that if you blow out your hair (no chemicals) and then sweat right after (or over several days) your ends will be still stick straight and your roots will look like Jinger’s (because the water has returned your hair to its natural state). Maybe you haven’t had a chance to fix your hair or re-straighten it with heat- like you just came from the gym. 

That’s what I meant by her blowout dying. Your roots are the first to go when you straighten your hair with heat, even without chemicals. So even if she used chemicals- or didn’t, my theory would still work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Daily Mail has ANOTHER article about Jinger - going grocery shopping alone with Felicity this time. I really can’t wait to see how this move to LA develops for her. Jessa doesn’t stand a chance as I think TLC is going to see the tabloid level of interest and switch their production money to the Duggalos. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m saying that if you blow out your hair (no chemicals) and then sweat right after (or over several days) your ends will be still straight and your roots will look like Jinger’s (because the water has returned your hair to its natural state). Maybe you haven’t had a chance to fix your hair or re-straighten it with heat- like you just came from the gym. 

That’s what I meant by her blowout dying. Your roots are the first to go when you straighten your hair with heat, even without chemicals. So even if she used chemicals- or didn’t, my theory would still work. 

LOL that's never been my experience! If I straighten my hair and something causes it to frizz, it's either all one giant frizz ball or the ends go first. The only times my roots would go first was when I'd chemically straightened it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

The Daily Mail has ANOTHER article about Jinger - going grocery shopping alone with Felicity this time. I really can’t wait to see how this move to LA develops for her. Jessa doesn’t stand a chance as I think TLC is going to see the tabloid level of interest and switch their production money to the Duggalos. 

I saw that this morning! Shopping at Trader Joe's, no less! Jingle sure has come a long way from her days at Goodwill and Aldi. As much as I find RFP insufferable, moving the family to L.A. was the smartest marketing decision he's ever made. Big city, plenty of "fish out of water" potential, photogenic kid. Jessa must be losing her shit right now.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

I live in Southern California and used to travel to Arkansas regularly.  The two states usually require different hair products.  Texas and Arkansas are more similar.  My diagnosis is that she hasn't switched hair products yet to account for the different water and weather conditions.  Her hair looks just like my daughter's if my daughter doesn't use her usual extra-conditioning and silkening treatments.  It's frizz mainly of the newly growing in shorter hairs.  Not everyone gets that, but if you do it's like having two heads of hair that behave differently.  It does look frizzy and lumpy bumpy because the long hair won't lie smoothly over the frizzlies as we call them.   If she goes to a good salon they'll show her some products that will tone it down considerably.  She also needs a wet brush rather than a regular one and never brush her hair dry out here.  

I'll qualify that my diagnosis is based on the blurry Daily Fail grocery shopping photo.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8