Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

My exact thoughts.

I understand that maybe they weren't super close and Jinger needed to keep doing the move to CA.

But I am 100% sure I would lay off the super-happy-look at us-posts. 

Mary just died and now poor Joy's loss.  Might wanna tone it back a bit.  

Yeah I didn't mention it in my post, but they did the same thing when Mary died. I get that her passing might have seemed less shocking due to her age, but I still thought it was a little cold. They really do come across as very self-centered, even by Duggar standards. 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

Though I probably would have if it were my sister (not that I have one), I can understand why Jinger didn't go back to Arkansas--might not have been able to--but I really don't think it would kill her or Jeremy to put a temporary moratorium on the social media posting. They could easily sit on those pics a few days out of respect. 

Especially photos that scream, “HERE’S OUR ADORABLE BABY GIRL IN HER LATEST OUTFIT.”

Same with Jessa...just lay off that for a couple of weeks. Post food pictures or sunsets or something if you have to. 

• Love 14
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

Especially photos that scream, “HERE’S OUR ADORABLE BABY GIRL IN HER LATEST OUTFIT.”

Same with Jessa...just lay off that for a couple of weeks. Post food pictures or sunsets or something if you have to. 

Yeah I think someone badly needs to introduce these people to the concept of a scrapbook. . . . 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I love that Felicity is roaming around the country with no pants. Baby hussy!

In fairness to Jeremy and Jinger, despite how much he grates on my nerves, they seem a lot less uptight about stuff like that than other members of the family. I was also surprised in one of the jersey pictures that Jinger said something about maybe Felicity following in her father's footsteps with soccer, which also is refreshing compared to the Duggar view on sports in general, let alone girls and sports.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I don't have a problem with Jinger and/or Jeremy not immediately dropping everything and returning to Arkansas because 1) It looks like Joy had multiple people surrounding her who were closer to her and supportive (and also MEchelle) and 2) Jinger is also in the midst of a major life change, albeit a happier one and it was probably not practical to put the brakes on the move to California right in the middle of the process.

Fixed it for you with the parenthetical addition. I don't mind her not dropping everything and running back to Arkansas, either. 

Joy's tragedy aside, I am happy to see Jinger so seemingly excited as she appears in the things she's been posting. I hope she is able to broaden her horizons and carve out more of a life than her cult typically allows for women. I find JereME's beliefs toxic but at least he seems slightly more modern than Gothard.

2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Another big quake/aftershock. I don't think God is pleased with the move to California! 

I had the same thought. My state is trying to expel Duggars.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

Or made for “excellent special footage” and drama. If it were Jessa, I’d be more surprised, but Joy’s closest to Jill. I have to assume, and certainly hope, that Joy had who she wanted and needed.

Yes, here I totally agree. She doesn’t have to go radio silent (maintaining interest in the family is the family business, after all), but I don’t think I’d choose to keep up the happy, not-pressing or major stories and posts at this rate. Especially on the same days the tragic info is being released. (As a totally shallow comparison, I was about to post tourist photos when the Paris bombings occurred back in late 2015. I was going to feel like a shallow ass - between the breaking news in and of itself and that being the major tone on my own FB feed - so held my tourist photos that some people had even specifically asked about for a few days. 🤷🏻‍♀️) They could slow it down and hold some for next week, even if she and Joy don’t really keep up at all, but I’m also not getting bent out of shape about it - it’s likely as not that Joy’s perfectly fine or even happy with some distraction while scrolling; she’s been liking Jing’s posts, so odds are she isn’t particularly irritated or hurt by it because appropriate sentiments and check-ins have happened privately. At least Jing isn’t making Joy’s tragedy about her?

It could also be that, since TLC is undoubtedly filming their move to LA for future episodes, that their contract with TLC requires a certain amount of social media postings to keep up interest in the show.  Perhaps none of them can go 'radio silent' for any significant length of time.  TLC was probably filming them at the soccer game and may have specifically wanted those photos online to tease the next season.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Would Jinger even know who Claudia Wells is? I’m just barely older than her and only know because I’ve watched Back to the Future 75 billion times...random.

It looks like she owns the store where they're shopping which has her name on it.  It is a resale store for high end mens' clothing.  I imagine there are tons of pictures hanging on the walls of her as Jennifer in Back to the Future which I have also seen 75 billion times since it is her only claim to fame.  I don't think I'd have recognized her without a hint, though, she's got a different face these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC didn't film them at the store for a 'country mouse goes to the city' type story and Ms Wells and her store were specifically chosen.  We can then hear Jinger tell the world that she's never seen Back to the Future and Jeremy can tell her all about it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Would Jinger even know who Claudia Wells is? I’m just barely older than her and only know because I’ve watched Back to the Future 75 billion times...random.

I'm closer in age to Claudia. I've seen Back to the Future maybe once in it's entirety and I had no idea who she was. So I'm guessing Jeremy told her who it was.

This is probably the first of many photos of the Vuolos and 'celebrities'.

• Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Claudia Wells is famous. We're famous. So we have to hang out. And famous people want to have their pictures taken with us, because we're famous too. Synergy. 

That seems to be the calculus a lot of people use. So i suppose it's no surprise that these two we're-famous-for-no-reason people use it too. 

Funny combination, though. Maybe Jer plays the Back to the Future video game or something....Although I guess that's more Bin's habit, really....

ETA: Or maybe Jer didn't know anything about Claudia Wells as an actor, either, but found out online about her high-end resale store. Now that would get him excited. .... TLC would know that would get him excited too, of course. And since maybe they could milk the little Back to the Future connection to gin up five or six more viewers, too, that's probably why they set it up. I'm sure they're going to play the whole Jingle and Jer hang out with Hollywood has-beens and almost-making-its for all it's worth in upcoming shows. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is that really an ARMANI store?

Jeremy needs a reality check. He can’t afford a deep breath in there, let alone buy something.

I dislike him more and more and it’s  because of his famewhoring, self-absorption and vanity. If that makes me “intolerant” I’m fine with that.

Well, it's a high-end resale shop. So I'll give him a couple points for that. 

You're still spending 400 bucks on a Versace shirt, or whatever. But he can get some very fancy ties for under $100. So there's that. 

Now that I think of it, access to super-high-end thrift stores could be one of Jer's primary reasons for being hot to move to LA. 😀

10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's a high-end resale shop. Either way, if Jeremy isn't getting free merch, it's money they don't need to be spending. I can't imagine he's hurting for clothes. 

Maybe he's a sloppy eater. 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

It could also be that, since TLC is undoubtedly filming their move to LA for future episodes, that their contract with TLC requires a certain amount of social media postings to keep up interest in the show.  Perhaps none of them can go 'radio silent' for any significant length of time.  TLC was probably filming them at the soccer game and may have specifically wanted those photos online to tease the next season.

Yes, we all (me, included) like to snark that "none of these people have jobs", but we sometimes overlook that "Counting On" is their job and they essentially work for TLC.

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Yes, we all (me, included) like to snark that "none of these people have jobs", but we sometimes overlook that "Counting On" is their job and they essentially work for TLC.

Yes.  And we do not know what they are contractually obligated to do in regards to their social media.  If TLC is currently filming Jer and Jing, she may not have been able to travel to Arkansas to be with Joy.  TLC has put time and money into having a film crew shoot specific scenes at specific locations and Jinger would have to show up for these or risk breaching her contract. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

That top is a great color for Jinger.  And her hair looks healthier than most natural blondes I know.  

I think she looks great in those photos.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC didn't film them at the store for a 'country mouse goes to the city' type story and Ms Wells and her store were specifically chosen.  We can then hear Jinger tell the world that she's never seen Back to the Future and Jeremy can tell her all about it.

Jinger & her fam have probably been to more state and world capitols than most people on this board.  I think TLC is WAY beyond trying to show any of them as untravelled, "country mice". 

The show illustrates their cheapness, lack of mainstream education, their social media ineptness and their poor manners, but the travel thing is undisputed.  

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Jinger & her fam have probably been to more state and world capitols than most people on this board.  I think TLC is WAY beyond trying to show any of them as untravelled, "country mice". 

True, but I can’t imagine what other angle they have? They’re a pretty young couple with an adorable baby, which is hardly unique. They’re not going to lean too hard on the ministry thing because Jer sucks at preaching and because they don’t want to alienate non-Fundie viewers or advertisers.

”Moving sucks” is good for two episodes and a bunch of flashbacks. What else do they have? Jinger gets her roots touched up? RFP buys another overpriced tie? Gee, the weather is nice here? Jinger hates earthquakes?

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

”Moving sucks” is good for two episodes and a bunch of flashbacks. What else do they have? Jinger gets her roots touched up? RFP buys another overpriced tie? Gee, the weather is nice here? Jinger hates earthquakes?

IMO, that stuff ^^ is no more excruciatingly boring than the "courtship, engagement, wedding, babies, rinse and repeat" standard Duggar show fare. If the show does devote a lot of airtime to the Vuolos vs. the Arkansas family, it will be fun to see Jessa trying to keep sweet in her talking head moments. I can't stand to watch much of this show but it amuses me to see how Jessa absolutely adores being front and center on camera. It's her happy place, I swear.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

True, but I can’t imagine what other angle they have? They’re a pretty young couple with an adorable baby, which is hardly unique. They’re not going to lean too hard on the ministry thing because Jer sucks at preaching and because they don’t want to alienate non-Fundie viewers or advertisers.

Well, actually, given what I've read about many of the Duggar shows that have gone on in the past decade-plus, I'd say that, on balance, these might be some of the more exciting events they've covered!  😀

19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Are they near the earthquakes? I guess the second one hit harder.

Do we actually know where Jingle and Jer are staying now? 

Ridgecrest is about a hundred miles north-northeast of LA, looks like...

So....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4

I've just been thinking--I don't think Jeremy and Jinger are going about their ordinary lives due to TLC filming constraints. Because what reality show producer picks going to a soccer game over rushing back to your sister's tragedy, especially when that sister is also on your reality show?

I can totally see there being a conversation where Jeremy and Jinger say they don't want to go--which I understand--or Joy saying she doesn't want them there--which I also understand. But I don't think for a minute TLC is going to force them to stay in California and go to Armani resell stores. Lol

Likewise, I think if they wanted to can the social media posts for a week out of respect, they could and not be in any violation of a contract. Plenty of celebrities take a temporary break during a family tragedy.

And this stuff is airing months from now. From a PR standpoint, it's not going to make one iota of difference if they post teaser pics now or a week from now or even right before the episode premieres.

• Love 18

I’m guessing they felt the earthquakes, but didn’t experience much damage. We didn’t feel it in San Diego, which is a bit farther, but not that much. Ridgecrest is pretty far off the beaten path; we tend to stay there when we drive to Reno, so it’s about halfway, & that’s a pretty long drive. 

• Useful 4
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Are they near the earthquakes? I guess the second one hit harder.

Two since they moved. God's sending them a signal. Maybe Jer's pray-cell doesn't get reception inside of men's stores?

• LOL 11
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

You're still spending 400 bucks on a Versace shirt, or whatever. But he can get some very fancy ties for under $100. So there's that. 

Yes, but does it have pocket squares?😉

• LOL 14

Won't wearing those huge headbands with bows constantly, rub off what little hair Lissy has?  I was never offended when people thought my daughter was a boy.  Of course, I wasn't constricted by all that fundie stuff.  

Just pin a note to her jersey saying, "I'm a GIRL."  LOL

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Tasya said:

They continue to not bother me. I don't share the vast majority of their beliefs, and that's ok. I think that they love each other and their kid, and I just want them to keep posting her pictures because she's so cute and lively. I do find it a bit funny that they are hated for their beliefs and intolerance and yet those who dislike them the most seem equally as intolerant in their own way. 

If their beliefs didn’t impinge upon the rights of others, I wouldn’t care one little bit. However, since they want to tell others how they should live their lives, they risk my ire. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Won't wearing those huge headbands with bows constantly, rub off what little hair Lissy has?  I was never offended when people thought my daughter was a boy.  Of course, I wasn't constricted by all that fundie stuff.  

Just pin a note to her jersey saying, "I'm a GIRL."  LOL

No.  Granddaughter wore all that headgear from infancy until she got old enough to outgrow.  She is 16.  Nice shaped head.  Beautiful lush thick hair.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, MissLAlady said:

Hi! I’m a long time lurker here and finally joined. I live near the Woodland Hills/Calabasas area and work in the Westwood/Santa Monica area. As for the earthquakes, neither was “strong” in the LA area but the second definitely lasted longer than usual. Although Ridgecrest is far, Jer and Jinger most definitely felt it.  

I doubt they will make LA their permanent home so I  think their renting for now. Since Jeremy cares a lot about appearances, and judging by the location of some of their posts/stories , I would guess the may be renting a luxury apartment in the Valley, specifically Studio City, Sherman oaks, or the Burbank area. This area is more affordable than the Westside- West LA, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, etc. When I say more affordable, I mean 2700+ for a 2 bedroom  apt ( not including utilities). 

Although it’s unlikely, I hope Jinger shows SOME growth while out here. With that being said, the only reason she’s in LA is so Jer can pursue his graduate studies at a place where women are not allowed. Nonetheless, you never know!

I’ve eaten at the places they’ve posted on IG. I’ll keep an eye out 🙂

Welcome and thank you for the info! 🙂

• Love 5
On 7/5/2019 at 6:57 PM, doodlebug said:

I don't know the exact timeline involved, but I also think it is possible that Jinger was in the midst of moving, maybe expecting the van to arrive with their stuff or needing to get the keys to the new place at the exact moment Joy had her loss.  Maybe Jeremy was involved in something at school and couldn't leave.  It could be that they offered to come and Joy told them not to or they arranged another time to visit.

I don't have a problem with Jinger and/or Jeremy not immediately dropping everything and returning to Arkansas because 1) It looks like Joy had multiple people surrounding her who were closer to her and supportive and 2) Jinger is also in the midst of a major life change, albeit a happier one and it was probably not practical to put the brakes on the move to California right in the middle of the process.

I guess I am also speaking from personal experience.  I had a close friend who always needed to be right there for everyone at all times.  Whatever happened, you could count on her to call to see how you were doing, send cards, drop by with cookies, just hang around 'in case you need me'.  Quite frankly, she was exhausting and it seemed like it was an ego boost for her more than actual empathy for the plight of others.  After my nephew died, I finally had to tell her to stop leaving cards and notes on my desk at work; it was too much to deal with.  And, of course, she turned it all around and told me how much I'd hurt her feelings by not loving the attention.

Omg do we have the same friend???? I haven’t had to deal with a loss with her yet but if I’m traveling somewhere she always tells me to be careful and to let me know when I arrive. Sometimes I’ll make a comment and she’ll say she can’t help it - it’s her motherly instinct.  Yet she has no kids and I so badly want to say “thanks, but I have a mom” and my own mom isn’t overbearing! 

But this friend will get all butthurt if I express any annoyance towards her. It’s to the point now where I’m purposely cold towards her, especially when I know she’s wanting similar attention. And then I feel bad because I think I should be grateful I have a friend that cares so much but sometimes it comes off as being very fake. And she constantly posts public thank yous to friends on Facebook. Even for just going to dinner together. 

On topic: from the one post of the tree not making the earthquake it looks to me like they’re in a house and not an apt. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

On topic: from the one post of the tree not making the earthquake it looks to me like they’re in a house and not an apt. 

That piqued my curiosity too. Are they staying with someone in a house? But "our" house makes it sound like more than that. Renting a house? Did he somehow slime his way into getting a house as student housing?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It looks like they’re in a small guesthouse. 

This is why I can’t see them having many kids. Jeremy has apparently joined a soccer group of some sort, and they love to go out and do things. I can’t see Jinger dragging around a Josh and Anna sized family to these things. 

It’s amazing that it somehow happened, but she did get the guy who wants a bigger life than rural Arkansas. She could have easily found a Bin or Austin! Jim Bob isn’t that bad after all at matchmaking. The girls anyway seem to have found what they wanted. Bin is passive for Jessa, Austin is a working guy that’s country enough for Joy, and Jill got a doofus to match her personality. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

It looks like they’re in a small guesthouse. 

Ah that makes sense. Temporary "our" house but their own space for the time being. LOL

• Love 1
(edited)

"Bet I could kick a soccer ball over them mountains."

Lol.

I don't remember who compared JerMe to Uncle Rico but it's accurate. 

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 6/7/2019 at 6:47 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

If I remember correctly, wasn't the old saying "Free Jinger" ? Everyone thought she would be the one to break free. Well, she is trying new things, good for her.

It’s like these girls can’t win; if they stay Duggar-style frumps we don’t like it, but when Jinger goes blonde or Jill pierces her nose, it’s OMG for some 😃

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Lol.

That was me--or at least one of the Uncle Rico comparisons was mine. LOL 

Maybe Idaho is the next destination after they finish up in California. 😄

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

It’s like these girls can’t win; if they stay Duggar-style frumps we don’t like it, but when Jinger goes blonde or Jill pierces her nose, it’s OMG for some 😃

I like Jinger's hair.  I actually like that they are stylish.  It's refreshing compared to the mess that Jill presents.  That's not where the problems lie with them.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Suzn said:

This.  Times 1,000.  They not only want to tell others how to live,  they want laws to restrict the rights of others.  These are not things I can tolerate.  As long as they stick to their own beliefs and behavior, I don't care what they do; meddle with others, all bets are off.

It goes both ways.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

Lol.

I think it may have been @Zella. 

(Oops. Day late, dollar short.)

In any case, so accurate.....

They didn't really mention going to sporting events when they were in Laredo, did they? Although I guess in a huge city you have a much bigger slate of much better teams to watch...

So it looks like maybe TLC's going to play up a "Jingle married a sports hero!" angle or something?

I mean, I assume TLC's paying for it. Because how many seminary students with families  have the money to go to multiple professional sporting events in an expensive city? I know soccer's not the priciest of sports but I'm always stunned by how much any pro-sports outing costs.  (Didn't realize that LA has two MLS teams....)

Felicity looks much better in her smaller bow. Unless you're at a royal wedding or the Kentucky Derby and trying to attract the paparazzi, you don't want a frou frou hat that's bigger than your head. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9