Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just Google "Baby Headwraps" and you can see the craze for yourself.  Jinj is by no means the first to wrap her baby's noggin in a ridiculous pouf of fabric.  

She's on trend with herself and her progeny, unlike all her sisters.

• Love 6

Poor Felicity's ears are always covered. Her world must be muffled noises. I wonder what she thinks when the head wraps are off? Like whoa, mom, use your indoor voice.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

Why is Audrey Roloff horrible? 

Better a knot/bow thing than the infamous fake pigtails. 

Besides being homophobic, she and her husband Jeremy are incredibly self absorbed and obnoxious. They've been married for only a few years and believe themselves godly marriage experts. Jinger obviously finds her hipster conservative style appealing.

• Love 18

My twin girls both wore those bows, and still love them actually. My MIL went crazy and made tons of them. I asked the pediatrician about covering their ears, and he said it's no big deal. They can hear just fine. It's not like earmuffs. Living in North Dakota, they wore beanies during their first winter, and I had their ears covered. No problem. She's a darling. 

• Love 16

Whatever happened to those quaint hand-knitted hats and booties and sweater sets infants used to wear?  My MIL made each of my kids adorable, if fussy, sets, beribboned and all.  It's the only baby clothes I saved.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, louannems said:

Whatever happened to those quaint hand-knitted hats and booties and sweater sets infants used to wear?  My MIL made each of my kids adorable, if fussy, sets, beribboned and all.  It's the only baby clothes I saved.

I saved all the ones my mother knitted for my boys, who are now 50 and 49 and my daughter in law wanted no part of them.  She didn't want anything her mother saved either.  And daughter in law said to her mother "why did you dress me like that?"  Because that's what baby clothes were back then. So I think they are a thing of the past.  I still have them. I can't part with them.  No one wants them.  When I pass, they will probably get pitched or if i am lucky go to Good Will and someone will want them.  Modern kiddos like Gymboree and such.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I saved all the ones my mother knitted for my boys, who are now 50 and 49 and my daughter in law wanted no part of them.  She didn't want anything her mother saved either.  And daughter in law said to her mother "why did you dress me like that?"

Sheesh. You'd think she'd want them for sentimental value, if nothing else. Not to mention, fashion trends, like baby names, circle back around eventually. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I saved all the ones my mother knitted for my boys, who are now 50 and 49 and my daughter in law wanted no part of them.  She didn't want anything her mother saved either.  And daughter in law said to her mother "why did you dress me like that?"  Because that's what baby clothes were back then. So I think they are a thing of the past.  I still have them. I can't part with them.  No one wants them.  When I pass, they will probably get pitched or if i am lucky go to Good Will and someone will want them.  Modern kiddos like Gymboree and such.

A few years ago and friend and I were given a ton of yarn pieces.  We were able to knit/crochet a ton of baby hats, etc and were able to donate them.. Check with your nearest children's hospital - they may love to have the knitted items or may know of a charity that can definitly use them.  

• Love 3

My mother not only crocheted  the baby sweater sets but many a baby afghan as well. I know I'm biased but they were beautiful. As soon as someone announced they were pregnant, off she would go to the store for yarn.  Not to mention she would always crochet a sweater set for our new baby dolls at Christmas.  My sister has kept up the tradition with the crocheted afghans but unfortunately it's a dying art.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Nowadays babies and children are dressed like mini adults, not kids.  I kind of miss the rompers and sweaters. I don’t mind headbands on babies, but I hate those stupid turbans.  They look ridiculous.  

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

My mom did the same. Whenever she found out someone was pregnant, she would start on knitting them something. She died 11 years ago today. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to remember this.

enjoy the memories of your mama, today and always.  

• Love 10

Why should an infant boy, for example, be dressed in a mini dress shirt, tie and kacki pants? I personally don't care for the adult-infant wardrobe trend. A baby should be in comfortable, giving outfits that allow them to move and stretch. Clothing for infants need to be soft,, IMO. Hope this trend passes. 

• Love 24
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I love one piece outfits on babies. I think they add to the snuggling factor. 

Me too! 

14 hours ago, Barb23 said:

My mother not only crocheted  the baby sweater sets but many a baby afghan as well. I know I'm biased but they were beautiful. As soon as someone announced they were pregnant, off she would go to the store for yarn.  Not to mention she would always crochet a sweater set for our new baby dolls at Christmas.  My sister has kept up the tradition with the crocheted afghans but unfortunately it's a dying art.

My mom made my son a blanket when he was born. Growing up, she crocheted sweaters and ponchos and hats.....

• Love 3

I wonder if Jinger is only posting pictures of the outfits that were given as gifts.  I know that my sister has always made sure to send me a picture when my niece or nephew is wearing a special outfit that I bought them, and my sister had far fewer people giving her gifts.  I'm sure she is inundated with clothes since Felicity is her first.  She is probably dressing Felicity in sleepers and other comfy baby clothes 95% of the time but only posting pictures of the really special outfits.  People who have given them want to see Felicity in the clothes.  Felicity probably has so many outfits that she will never repeat one before she grows out of it. 

• Love 8

My daughter is fashion-conscious and pretty affluent--so it's not like she can't afford good clothes for her kid--but I'm proud to say that she bucked the current trend and mostly dressed my now-2-year-old grandson in lots of soft, stretchable clothes, including mainly onesies.  He's an athletic prodigy, and while he mainly inherited that trait from his mommy, I think the comfy clothes didn't hurt! How can a toddler comfortably explore his environment in goddamn khakis?

DD has also made it clear that she won't feel the need for obsessive gender-signaling (huge bows, swaths of pink, etc.) of any future girl-child.  Not that she's against feminine-looking clothing for a little girl, but she's commented that it would be ridiculous to let her son's gender-neutral hand-me-downs go to waste.

• Love 22
20 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

A few years ago and friend and I were given a ton of yarn pieces.  We were able to knit/crochet a ton of baby hats, etc and were able to donate them.. Check with your nearest children's hospital - they may love to have the knitted items or may know of a charity that can definitly use them.  

My sisters mother in law makes baby quilts that are donated.  She is 90.  Her friends knit blankets but she doesn't know how to do that so she makes itty bitty quilts.  They are lovely!  

16 hours ago, kalamac said:

The turbans amuse me, because it always makes me imagine a playgroup full of babies having little Dynasty style feuds, tossing bottles of milk at each other, and concocting schemes behind the painting stations.

The turbans remind me of Sally Fields moment in Soap Dish when they make her wear a Gloria Fucking Swanson turban!  HA!

• Love 8
23 hours ago, jcbrown said:

My mom did the same. Whenever she found out someone was pregnant, she would start on knitting them something. She died 11 years ago today. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to remember this.

My mom did the same but with crocheting! She died unexpectedly before my first wedding anniversary, but before passing had started a baby blanket in hopes of becoming a grandmother. 5 years later, after infertility and pregnancy losses, my husband and I are proud foster parents to a sweet 5 month old baby girl!  We have the small beginning square of blanket in a shadow box we framed on our nursery wall. 

Back to the Vuolos, it looks like they had enough and then some for the children of the church, I went to the artist’s page and he featured pictures of the happy kids (swipe left to see)

As for the one Jeremy got, I definitely see him regifting it to one of his nephews. Or who knows, maybe he’ll save it for little Lissy in a few years!

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, those skateboards are cool.

They are. Too bad the girls in the church didn't get any.

(Two of my three daughters skateboarded with their brothers)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 24
6 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

They are. Too bad the girls in the church didn't get any.

(Two of my three daughters skateboarded with their brothers)

Umm was a girl skateboarder 40 years ago! Not to brag. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Mojitogirl said:

I learned that skate board ministry is a thing. Is everything a ministry?  Can’t the 2 - 7 pm child activities be just after school care ?  Does every little thing for every single person in their orbit have to do with ministry?  I mean, after school soccer club at the parochial school is just a soccer team, gymnastics is just gymnastics, volleyball is just volleyball. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around how pervasive this is in their lives despite how much I’ve learned from Churchoney and all the posters that give us an inside the brain view of these people. 

Technically the sponsor (?) of the artist is a former pro skateboarder who works as a minister first and foremost, if that helps...?  He didn’t start out to have a ‘skateboarding ministry’ per se; that appears to have come later.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I learned that skate board ministry is a thing. Is everything a ministry?  Can’t the 2 - 7 pm child activities be just after school care ?  Does every little thing for every single person in their orbit have to do with ministry?  I mean, after school soccer club at the parochial school is just a soccer team, gymnastics is just gymnastics, volleyball is just volleyball. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around how pervasive this is in their lives despite how much I’ve learned from Churchoney and all the posters that give us an inside the brain view of these people. 

Yeah. . . although in the sense that "I am a trustworthy, steady adult who is dependable and cares about the kids" could be a ministry in itself. No overt/explicit evangelism required.  (Unfortunately, you know they are probably tracking # of conversations about Jesus, number of kids who will give their skateboard to Jesus, number of kids who will say the Bible is their favorite book after 'skateboard ministry' time, number of kids who will say the prayer about letting Jesus into their heart, number of kids who will agree to be baptized. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that, but how about just hanging out, playing, listening, showing that you care, and seeking trained help when it seems necessary because the kid describes a scary home or school situation?)

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

mean, I might run after-school kid care activities but what does that  make me?  Just some schlub who hands out apple and cheese snacks, organizes games and helps kids do their homework. Some street-variety loser who maybe likes kids or wants to help out working parents, or something. So unimpressive! A nobody! On what grounds can I push people around if that's all I amount to?! 

But if I run an "after-school ministry," then GOD HIMSELF has commissioned me to do what I do. It's UNIVERSALLY AND ETERNALLY IMPORTANT, man. Now I'm right up there with the 12 apostles. And way more important than you or any of the world's billions of other losers, who just do, you know, necessary jobs and stuff.

EXACTLY THIS. True faith Christians actually practicing the New Testament teachings they value don't need to make sure the world knows they are fishers of men. 

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 14

I feel like there's got to be some ulterior motive for sucking up to Jim Bob. I can't believe that Jim Bob or Jeremy like each other because they have been so disdainful of each other in the past, so there's got to be an intended grift behind it. 

Edited to add: That's not in Jeremy's defense. I feel like if he despises his in-laws (which is understandable), the decent thing to do is not to be a smarmy jackass to then mooch off of them. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 22