Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, zenme said:

I didn't know Jeremy had real credentials--Divinity schools or degrees and  whatnot.  Just because his dad was a preacher doesn't make him one.  I also think Jeremy is throwing shade, added to the fact that they don't follow each other on social media...very fishy.

In this generation, the Duggar clan may just turn into dueling "ministries." None of them wants to do anything else. None of them is prepared to do much else and they're even less prepared to be ministers. But I suppose they dimly realize that there's unlikely to be room for umpty-seven Duggar and Duggar-adjacent pastoral businesses out there. So the gloves come off. .... I'm not convinced there's room for even one Duggar/Duggar-adjacent pastoral business, once the show goes off the air. But I guess they have to throw haymakers while the sun shines. (I've got news, Jeremy. Your sermons and your church website are also crap. And that's entirely on you.) 

5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, that definitely sounds like a deliberate dig. I can't figure out why he has such a beef with Jill and Derelict though. Yes, everything he said is 100% true, but what has either of them done to him personally to deserve such a tongue lashing? It's not like Jeremy is busting ass at that plant church. He's taken plenty of time off to vacation, attend Duggar functions and film for TLC, so IMO, glass houses and all...

He's a big hypocritical jerk? 

3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Jeremy went to Real School though. Shouldn't he know those are in different continents? 

I suspect that anybody who eagerly rushes in to join the Duggar clan and be Jizm Bob's and Meeechelle's kid-in-law probably isn't all that bright or well informed, no matter how many real schools they went to. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

Derelict needs to go back to work at Walmart and learn how to support his family like a responsible adult.

Like they'd take him back?  I don't think so.  The most he would get is a blue vest and orders to start stocking shelves.

• Love 11

IMO Jeremy thinks very highly of himself and is annoying. That being said:

423.gif

He does make some good points, although he should probably take a seat himself. But I gotta say I'm enjoying this too much to care about that.

THISGONBGUD.gif

• Love 16

Derelict is a loser. No matter the environment he will always revert to loser. He is a pathetic beta fame whore bitch. He tried to become famous through Jill, revered through the humble, and rich through the gullible. Nobody can respect that. 

Jeremy has some questionable motives as well, but Derelict and Jill are just despicable. @Annb67 that tap on Jana's shoulder is an example of their hubris, the DONATE button for their vacation from their vacation is another. Derelict is smugger than smugger. Ugh.  I see Jeremy in a new favourable light. 

Hmm, I wonder if Jessa was at Jill's babyshower. 

Love to see the Jessa and Jinger family break away from the loser crew. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Of course TLC won't put this whole thing on the show, which is really too bad. I'd tune in to watch the Holy Goalie vs. Triple D smackdown.

Let's get ready to rummmblllllleeeee!

Ginger would beat Jill's ass. Throw a shower curtain rod at her?

• Love 9

Thank you, Churchhoney for your 'like'. I have a lot of respect for your point of view and your posts. I'm a Roman Catholic CHRISTIAN and I'm certainly not a pagan. I don't like the Vuolos.

• Love 14
(edited)
22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Thank you, Churchhoney for your 'like'. I have a lot of respect for your point of view and your posts. I'm a Roman Catholic CHRISTIAN and I'm certainly not a pagan. I don't like the Vuolos.

To me, your post is right on the money. And I'm trying to remember the last time any of these people said anything that they deem "religious" that didn't consist of just sheer mean-spirited -- and usually ignorant in one way or three -- bashing of someone. And I can't. That's a very odd faith, if you ask me. Even Joe's ridiculous tee shirt at the amusement park, accusing all and sundry of being on our way to hell. Really. And they're so very very sure of themselves. But seem to have nothing positive in their faiths at all. I find it troubling and depressing. And I keep wondering -- Who are these congregations and social-media fans who want to hear this stuff all the time? Does Jer's congregation lap this up for some reason? And why do Der's and Jessa's and Bin's social-media followers want to hear so much about what's wrong with everyone who's not them?  Such a dark and ugly view, and on such a petty legalistic basis in most of what they say. I don't see any humanity in it and, by my admittedly non-godly lights, any God either. 

Edited by Churchhoney
Der is different from Jer. But only superficially.
  • Love 17

For some reason, Jeremy was compelled to expose the Dullards, no matter how similar their situations appear, Jeremy is exposing the Dullards grifting and incompetence towards the people of DA. 

• Love 2

Jeremy, on the other hand, came in and set ground rules about his marriage to Jinger - no visitors for six months, physical relocation, apparently has his own ideals on family planning - and now throws subtle shade at missioncations. He's definitely the most independent of the Duggar son-in-laws and I admire him for that. (Admittedly not a huge bar.)

This just reads as controlling to me, just like Jingers parents. New boss daddy is the same as old boss daddy.

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, that definitely sounds like a deliberate dig. I can't figure out why he has such a beef with Jill and Derelict though. Yes, everything he said is 100% true, but what has either of them done to him personally to deserve such a tongue lashing? It's not like Jeremy is busting ass at that plant church. He's taken plenty of time off to vacation, attend Duggar functions and film for TLC, so IMO, glass houses and all...

7 hours ago, lascuba said:

When you're part of a religion that nitpicks every fucking thing, you end up having beef with everyone. 

Shit, am I going to have to like Jeremy, now? That Nepal and amazon dig was a thing of beauty. 

4 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

My favorite part is when he actually stops to take a drink before throwing shade.  Hey, Kermit. 

IMG_5931.PNG

OMG....I don't even care if Jeremy is living in a mostly glass house while throwing rocks at Jill & Derrick's entirely glass house....I am SO here for somebody - anybody - in the Duggar farm calling out any of the others. You know it has to be driving JB wild that he can't control Jeremy's subtle shade at Derrick. Jinger not following Jill on IG is amazing. If any of the daughters & sons-in-laws was ever gonna cut off ties and write a tell-all, my money was on Bin & Jessa once the show and money train ends....but Jer & Jinger might be the ones to write that tell-all, even if they stay kinda-fundie. I'm mostly just loving that Derrick has to be stomping around in righteous indignation and that JB can't control his son-in-law throwing shade and *allowing* his daughter to wear pants and not be knocked up several months into her marriage. I am here for it, Jeremy!!!

(And I think Jeremy's beef with Derrick is that Dullard Ministries isn't actually officially associated with/commisioned by a legitimate church (or any church at all), while his church is a plant of a church and he was commisioned by the church to lead the plant (I hope I'm saying that correctly, I was raised a heathen Catholic and don't have all the Protestant church-speak down). Jill and Derrick tried to and still kinda try to pretend they're legitimate missionaries associated with a church or at least obfuscate. I think Jeremy doesn't like that they started their own shady non-profit and living large in Danger America and Arkansas thanks to Dullard Ministries relative to the way he lives as a preacher of a small plant church (of course they both have TLC money, but hey....).

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

To me, your post is right on the money. And I'm trying to remember the last time any of these people said anything that they deem "religious" that didn't consist of just sheer mean-spirited -- and usually ignorant in one way or three -- bashing of someone. And I can't. That's a very odd faith, if you ask me. Even Joe's ridiculous tee shirt at the amusement park, accusing all and sundry of being on our way to hell. Really. And they're so very very sure of themselves. But seem to have nothing positive in their faiths at all. 

Right....practicing their "faith" seems so much more like people getting together to make lists of people they hate. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 20
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Jeremy, can you please do the Mechelle and Jim Blob one next, and don't worry about subtlety. I have enough popcorn for about 20 minutes.

PLEEEEASSSSEEE!!! 

All of the Duggar sons-in-law are anti-Catholic, anti-choice, anti-LGBT and that's/they're deplorable.....but Jeremy defaults to my *favorite* son-in-law because he's surely giving JB a coronary by preaching that alcohol is okay in moderation (I saw that sermon by him preached a while back linked on prior pages), not following the Duggar party line on absolutely everything, *letting* Ginger wear pants, not moving into a house JB owns, keeping some distance between his home & JB, and not procreating immediately after marriage. Oh, and he's also probably driving JB mad especially because he's picking on JB's most favoritest child Jilly Muffin. Hahahahaha. Keep it coming, Jeremy!

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

PLEEEEASSSSEEE!!! 

All of the Duggar sons-in-law are anti-Catholic, anti-choice, anti-LGBT and that's/they're deplorable.....but Jeremy defaults to my *favorite* son-in-law because he's surely giving JB a coronary by preaching that alcohol is okay in moderation (I saw that sermon by him preached a while back linked on prior pages), not following the Duggar party line on absolutely everything, *letting* Ginger wear pants, not moving into a house JB owns, keeping some distance between his home & JB, and not procreating immediately after marriage. 

With the inset screen showing JB and M's reactions live, of course.

• Love 5

What happens if Jeremy pisses off JB at this point? He and Jinger just get excommunicated from the family? Other than making Duggar appearances they don't really depends on him for much, do they? Maybe that's not the worst thing in the world.

If nothing else it might make JB realize that all the pages of application in the world won't necessarily help to pick appropriate matches for the rest of the girls.

• Love 3

I can't get behind Jeremy's speech because it basically boils down to him fluffing his own ego by tearing down someone else as not following God's plan/being as godly as him. Seems just as judgmental as any of the other Duggars. However, if this starts public infighting in God's favorite family, I've got enough wine and cheese to watch the spectacle for months. 

• Love 24
17 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I can't get behind Jeremy's speech because it basically boils down to him fluffing his own ego by tearing down someone else as not following God's plan/being as godly as him. Seems just as judgmental as any of the other Duggars. However, if this starts public infighting in God's favorite family, I've got enough wine and cheese to watch the spectacle for months. 

I'm happy to see this family challenged from the inside it will force some self reflection much faster than any barbs we can generate on social media or forums..  They have to acknowledge Jeremy; they can ignore us. I fully expect to see some image of the entire group together reunited because gawd, but a c**** in the armour has been exposed.

My guess: the lawsuit filed has caused a lot of raw emotion and JB can no longer completely control the situation.  

• Love 15

"On the other hand we have unqualified, uncalled, unconfirme ingent zealots. Who are so anxious to be used by God that they impatiently run through the first open door they find, and then can, and do cause more damage than they do good...... What is our problem today? There are many open doors. In fact there are many open doors like never before. Do you have $800 in your bank account? Tomorrow you can be in Nepal preaching to people who have never heard of Jesus in their life.... We have many who desire to go but are unqualified to do so. 

Do you think it would even occur to Derick that this could apply to him?

He doesn't even comprehend his own tweets.

• Love 13
(edited)

Yeah. Unless she's cleverly hiding a baby bump, Jinger's def slacking on her baby-making work. Who knows if it's on purpose? It could be. Jeremy and his parents are IMO religious nutjobs, but none of them seem to be obsessed with procreation like the Duggars are.

I wonder what Jessa's 'rents really think, if she's indeed not yet pregnant. On the one hand it's a super ego trip for PigBreath and the Xanax Queen, when their kids make babies. Because each new baby means a People story (and often a cover!), and People money and TLC shows and continued glory. (I almost wrote "reflected glory" but those two narcissists wouldn't comprehend that concept; they own their kids forever and own all the credit for anything good the kids do.)

On the other hand, I don't think JB and MEchelle would tolerate any of their kids outdoing them in the baby-making department. So, maybe each kid is expected to spawn maybe a dozen, but not to outshine Mom & Dad.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Slight veer of topic. In this sermon, Jeremy seems to definitely be shading the Dullards. Neither couple folllows the other on Instagram (the sisters don't even follow one another). I guess the following might be why: 

Jeremy may be an anti-Catholic bigot who has his church evangelicizing on the streets and knocking on people's doors, but I'll applaud him for this. All is not all perfect in the second generation of Duggarville. 

Jeremy is also basically unqualified though, IMO. Same as the rest.

• Love 8

Pigbreath...Hmmm...Talk about insulting pigs. Pigs are intelligent useful creatures who actually serve mankind and can even be a beloved pet. JB on the other hand... I think ObnoxiousNotSoSpecialFamewhorer is a better term to use when describing JB or other Duggars or others who married into the family. *looking at you Jeremy, Ben and Derick*

I think it's pretty much a zero-sum game concerning all the sons-in-law.  None of them are qualified to do what they do, nor do any of them do it particularly well.

It just comes down to who I dislike least, and so far that's Baaaaabe.  

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Pigbreath...Hmmm...Talk about insulting pigs. Pigs are intelligent useful creatures who actually serve mankind and can even be a beloved pet. JB on the other hand... I think ObnoxiousNotSoSpecialFamewhorer is a better term to use when describing JB or other Duggars or others who married into the family. *looking at you Jeremy, Ben and Derick*

Good points, @bigskygirl. Maybe I should have said "Halitosis King of Arkansas" instead. I humbly apologize to pigs everywhere.

• Love 8

Wouldn't you be curious about what Jeremy was preaching? They KNOW what Derelict "preaches." They've been on the missioncations and seen the whole dog and pony show there. I betcha that Boob listened to a couple of sermons before he handed Jinger off to him. 

Jeremy is Ben's "bro," (not sure if Jeremy feels the same way, at least to the extent Ben does), so I bet Ben listens to ALL of Jeremy's sermons. Derelict was in DA when Jeremy gave this particular sermon, but that doesn't mean that someone could have tipped him off about it at some point. I think Derick almost sees Jeremy as an adversary. Jeremy? I don't think he has any fucks to give to the Dullards.

I wonder how much time these guys have actually spent together? Jill didn't go to Waco on either the road trip or the plane trip, and they weren't home during the stinkbus trip in late March/early April that culminated in Tabby Paine's wedding in TN. The Dullards also weren't home for Christmas. So, Joy's wedding and a few days leading up to it? I guess they housed JinJer either with the Dullards at the Pool House or in the other guest house on the property while they were in NWA. There were a lot of activities that last week, so I don't know how many meals just the four of them would have shared, but given the social media situation, I imagine things could have been pretty awkward between them if JinJer did indeed stay with the Dullards. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Sending myself to the prayer corner here, but Jeremy's nipples were hard the entire sermon, ESPECIALLY when he went on the Derelict rant. He's a very physically attractive man and I would surely be distracted and defrauded if I was a parishioner in his church. He needs long length button downs, if not extra long length; his shirts fit girthwise but I can see where the cuffs ends and the way it stretches tight on his pecs when he raises his arms *drool* that his shirt is too short. Jeremy looks a lot like my lapsed catholic husband so while I find his views abhorrent, I find him super physically attractive.

I agree that the lawsuit is probably tearing the sisters at the seams, especially now that their mutual abuser has jumped in. I could see JinJer being pressured into joining the filing altogether, and subsequently being really pissed by the Josh surprise, while the Dullards are very much in line with whatever Ma and Pa Duggar tell them to do (which makes sense as they've benefited probably the most from Jills parents as a couple). 

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 4

So Jeremy's original intended audience for this speech was his little church in Laredo? That seems awfully self indulgent and not very pastoral to rant about your own misgivings about your brother-in-law's misguided mission to your church, to whom this may not apply at all!   If I were a member of his congregation and heard the sermon I would wonder what has possessed my pastor and is someone in our group randomly running off to be an unqualified missionary?   It's just bizarre if he used his own church sermon time to talk about his own feelings about his family members, even if he thinly veiled the references. 

I'm curious what jinger thinks, if this is aimed at derelict! Whether she is in agreement or if this is causing a rift between them! 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/10/2017 at 8:56 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

@Lady Edith trust me it would  give you a massive  headache . I do not think they are able to understand  why icons are  used ( I am orthodox ), because  they are not able to see past  there own viewpoint . 

I'm Orthodox too.  Eastern Orthodox (Ukrainian) to be precise.     ?

But back on topic...Jeremy, do you not realize that much of the rituals and celebrations in Christianity in general (and not solely Catholicism) are rooted in Paganism?  Two that spring to mind (and the biggest in the Church calendar) are Christmas (Winter Solstice/Saturnalia/Yule) and Easter (Spring Solstice).  For all we know, Jesus was not born on Dec 25 or Jan 7.  Some biblical scholars say that He was most likely born in September or earlier.  

As far as I'm aware, nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christmas and Easter are to be celebrated and when to do so.  The way I heard it, when the early church was growing they ran into flack from the newly minted Christians who did not want to give up their holidays.  Another story says that early Christians wanted a holiday that they could celebrate along with their Pagan neighbors.  And so Jesus' Nativity is celebrated in the winter around the Pagan holidays.  And can we be absolutely certain when the Resurrection took place?  We know it was some time around Passover, but how can we be sure of the dates?  The best we can do is to go with a date for Easter/Resurrection Day that correlates with Passover and the Spring Solstice.  

So Jeremy (and the rest of the Duggars)...y'all celebrate holidays that are strongly attached to Pagan rituals and festivals!  So before you start talking about the "evil Catholics" and how they are going to hell, you may want to examine your own practices and beliefs...

Edited by Lady Edith
Added more. ?
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, awaken said:

So Jeremy's original intended audience for this speech was his little church in Laredo? That seems awfully self indulgent and not very pastoral to rant about your own misgivings about your brother-in-law's misguided mission to your church, to whom this may not apply at all!   If I were a member of his congregation and heard the sermon I would wonder what has possessed my pastor and is someone in our group randomly running off to be an unqualified missionary?   It's just bizarre if he used his own church sermon time to talk about his own feelings about his family members, even if he thinly veiled the references. 

I'm curious what jinger thinks, if this is aimed at derelict! Whether she is in agreement or if this is causing a rift between them! 

Jinger doesn't think. Her headship thinks for her. 

That sermon sure does sound like it's hating on Derrick and Jill, and I have a love/hate thought process with the whole thing. Love that Jeremy doesn't care to call out or challenge some of the really suspect and whackadoo stuff the Duggars come up with. Hate, because a lot of what Jeremy spouts off is hateful, and if he's just in conflict with JimBob or anyone else just to have a pissing contest, then thats just another pathetic power struggle.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jinger doesn't think. Her headship thinks for her. 

That sermon sure does sound like it's hating on Derrick and Jill, and I have a love/hate thought process with the whole thing. Love that Jeremy doesn't care to call out or challenge some of the really suspect and whackadoo stuff the Duggars come up with. Hate, because a lot of what Jeremy spouts off is hateful, and if he's just in conflict with JimBob or anyone else just to have a pissing contest, then thats just another pathetic power struggle.

I think that this is what is going to break this family apart. They are all so rigid in their beliefs that there is bound to be some friction when new people are brought into the fold, and they are not going to be able to deal with even a slight divergence in belief.

• Love 14

I assume this is the church, since JinJer hadn't moved out of their apartment as of a few weeks ago when they posted a video from their janky apartment. We've seen some pics of the front of the "church," and it looks like a small craftsman house. Opinions?

• Love 3

I believe it is the church. The side of the house looks similar to where they did the baptism of that poor boy. 

I have to say, Jeremy's parents look nice. They're always so clean and polished compared to Boob and Michelle. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I was just coming back here to post the same thing. If she's pregnant, she JUST got knocked up. 

This is by far a Duggar Record for a first baby. Remember Anna desperately peeing on multiple sticks every month before she got pregnant with Mack? I can't see Jinger doing that for some reason. I think she's enjoying herself; Jeremy's beliefs may be heinous, but she shares them, so she's happy. 

eta: I rechecked who Jinger is following, and she IS following the Dullards, but they aren't following either her or Jeremy back. Jeremy, however, isn't following either of them. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Wonder if Babe ever wants to take a swing at Derp. All the he-men from Alert wouldn't know what to do. They would call the po po, but not until after the statute of limitations has expired. 

• Love 6

That side ponytail is horrid and her outfit would have looked better without the leggings. 

I'm pretty sure Jeremy and Jinger talked about children after marriage and both agreed to wait after a certain time. I still think he's using condoms on the dl.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I assume this is the church, since JinJer hadn't moved out of their apartment as of a few weeks ago when they posted a video from their janky apartment. We've seen some pics of the front of the "church," and it looks like a small craftsman house. Opinions?

I can deal with the leggings. I can deal with the shoes and dress. However Jinjer, baby, honey, THAT HAIR!! Just no...please no.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

I can deal with the leggings. I can deal with the shoes and dress. However Jinjer, baby, honey, THAT HAIR!! Just no...please no.

Oh my God shoulders Michelle Duggar you better get down Laredo and teach her some modesty clothing ideas

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Notice the paint peeling off above Jeremy's head and on all of the window panes. The church lawn is full of weeds.  The shrubbery needs trimming and the tree branches need to be cut away from the roof. 

Jeremy has been pastor of that church for more than a year and the place is falling apart under his 'leadership.'  Someone should tell him that it is time for him to take off the white shirt and tie and get to work cleaning the place up.

• Love 17