Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, saylubee said:

I'm pretty sure that whole outfit is Lularoe.  I recognize those weird sleeves.  Either Jinger is selling it now or someone at the church is.  She's been wearing a lot of it lately.

I wonder though...would the fundies actually wear clothes from a Mormon-based business?  Meri Brown of Sister Wives sells it.  Since Baaaaabe and the Duggar fam are so anti-Catholic, I don't have any idea of what they think of the Mormon religion.  I know non- Mormons also sell Lularoe, but still...

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

What the heck happened to her honeymoon wardrobe? That was the best she's ever looked.

I agree with the person who said she's totally not Jeremy's type. He seems like he would be into a fundy Elle Woods type, not a sheltered little girl with no life experience. 

I've always thought this too. Jeremy looks like the stereotypical TV man from the 1960's, who would bring home the bacon to his Elizabeth Montgomery-looking wife, and have a stiff drink at the end of his day at the advertising agency. Jinger, even when appropriately dressed, looks like a middle schooler; she is just one of those childlike-looking people, and Jeremy is an adult-looking person. 

I know a couple like this in real life. I cannot stand the girl at all, so I'm always extra critical when I see them in photos together. He had a pic on FB once with a busty blonde girl who looked mature enough for him, and they looked sooooo much better together! Mature man plus childlike waif doesn't do it for me!

Edited by Christina87
Autocorrect
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder though...would the fundies actually wear clothes from a Mormon-based business?  Meri Brown of Sister Wives sells it.  Since Baaaaabe and the Duggar fam are so anti-Catholic, I don't have any idea of what they think of the Mormon religion.  I know non- Mormons also sell Lularoe, but still...

Oh yes, Modest is Hottest, and add in the 'exclusive unicorn limited edition you have to be invited to a party' mantra, and church circles love Lularoe.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I

When has Jessa dressed like a normally decent person? Did I miss something? Those awful thong brown sandals, long flowing skirts and ill-matched t-shirts are all I've seen her in.

I watched a good chunk of the European honeymoon show and she wore boots and nice-looking normal clothes. But I think everybody agrees that TLC picked those out, maybe so she wouldn't look absurd in Paris and Venice and so on .

• Love 5
8 hours ago, sometimesy said:

They've never been a match physically. That's one of the reasons I question his motivation in marrying Jinger. He looks more the type to date a blonde trophy wife type with a "great body and a bad attitude." <wish I remembered what movie that is from. 

How anyone can consider Jinger a fashionista or creative is beyond me. She is miss more than hit. Let's just hope that  with her new freedom she begins to get it together instead of these strange looks with toddler hair. 

Hint, read fashion magazines. Stay off pinterest. 

I've always figured this will be his second wife after Jinger suffers some fate previously seen in a Lifetime movie. Jeremy has always given me bad vibes.

• Love 7
On 6/11/2017 at 3:43 PM, MargeGunderson said:

I can't get behind Jeremy's speech because it basically boils down to him fluffing his own ego by tearing down someone else as not following God's plan/being as godly as him. Seems just as judgmental as any of the other Duggars.

In my atheist opinion, this describes just about every single believer I've ever met/known/heard of.  Every believer thinks his god is better then the other believers gods. I've known many, many, MANY, religious people like that so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that this is how Jeremy comes across. 

• Love 14

Jinger may not know that a side ponytail is considered a juvenile thing. Shit-tastic perms and mousse sizzling curling irons were her childhood. 

She definitely needs to go to a decent salon ??. Her hair looks like a brittle mess. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Jinger is a Pastor's Wife.  That is not an official job in the church but it certainly is a role that requires some maturity and responsibility.  Imagine going to the Pastor's wife with a problem and she shows up in a side pony tail and a glittery headband.  I'd be like "uh, I will see myself out". 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I've always figured this will be his second wife after Jinger suffers some fate previously seen in a Lifetime movie. Jeremy has always given me bad vibes.

I feel the same but I hate hearing that anybody else does too. I really do hope that he just comes across badly on television. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder who tipped him off about the sermon in the first place. People just started posting it last Friday. 

you just know that Derick is listening to all of Jeremy's sermons on Youtube. He has to keep up with his competition. 

Jeremy has him beat with baptisms so Derick has to up his game. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

I wonder if Jinger would consider something like this

Stylish-Long-Bob-Hairstyles-to-Try-in-20

I hope not. I think it's too severe for her and she couldn't achieve the style without flat-ironing which her hair can't withstand without damage. 

• Love 5
(edited)

@latetotheparty

That image the girl has her head tipped forward. It's really just a slightly modified Jennifer Aniston cut. She can wear it curly or up. It's really versatile, doesn't leave her with short hair, she can leave it to dry naturally and it is much more current than what she has now. Unlikely she will take the risk with a new style, but then again, Jessa did give bangs a try so you never know. 

This is called a diagonal forward long bob. If you look at the last image, when the hair is pulled back the longer layers shorten and the cut looks more uniform and more like a traditional bob. 

layered-brunette-lob-hair-ideas-for-wome

Long-Bob-Curly-Hair.jpg

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I feel the same but I hate hearing that anybody else does too. I really do hope that he just comes across badly on television. 

I'm starting to like him better, just because Jing seems so happy, but he's always given me major controlling / hothead vibes. He reminds me of a guy I dated for one very intense weekend. We hit it off in a bar, and four separate people came up to us and said we had chemistry and made a great couple. That was crazy enough! He couldn't stop talking that night about how he wasn't expecting this, but had hit the jackpot, etc. 

He was really hot (actually looked A LOT like Jeremy), and I was excited to go out with him again too. He asked me that night for a dinner date the next night, and I happily agreed. We had a great time at dinner, and then he started to ask me way too personal things, like if I would take his last name, how many kids I wanted, would I be a SAHM, etc. He also said he wanted to hold off a month to be in an official relationship, so people wouldn't say we rushed it, but he considered himself in one already. He kept talking about how he hoped we would be engaged within the year, etc. This came at a time where I was in a real dry spell, and I knew he sounded crazy, but it had seemed like an eternity since I'd had a boyfriend so I went along with it, mentally telling myself I'd slow it down a little. 

The next day, I told him he could come over for dinner, expecting him to say no, but he acquiesced. I normally wouldn't invite a guy over so fast, but he considered me practically his wife, lol. We had a wonderful dinner and watched a movie, and then just talked for a while. Suddenly, it was like a switch flipped. Around 11 pm, suddenly he was angrily yelling at me. I really have no idea how it started. He was screaming that this was going too fast, somehow it was all my fault, I was trying to trap him, I was delusional if I thought we'd ever be in a relationship, etc. I was bewildered and started crying, and he yelled at me for crying, saying I was trying to manipulate him. Finally I fought back, and told him he had to leave if he was going to talk to me that way. We argued all the way to the door, and I swear one moment I thought he was going to slap me. It was truly scary. He stormed out, and then I walked to the couch, shaking.

one minute later, he knocked on my door, sobbing. Like Jeremy, he was a religious fanatic, and said on the way to the car he'd felt extremely guilty, and like Jesus would be ashamed of him. He stood there and cried for a while, and then when he finally left, he called. He said he took full responsibility for what happened, and that he would call me the next day to check up on me. Dumbfounded, I couldn't even tell what emotion I was feeling, but it was weird. I called out of work for the next day, because I was feeling crazy and it was the middle of the night on a Sunday. My friend was in town, so I planned to meet up with her the next day. 

While my friend and I were talking, I remembered he'd said he'd call, so I texted him. No answer. I didn't want to be with him, but I was just so confused, so I called. The mother****** had blocked me!!! Then I checked fb...blocked again there!!! Why did he say he would check up on me? Nobody made him say that!!! I felt crazier than ever, so I reached out to this guy I had met online who seemed nice. We had talked a little about getting together, but then he had gone on a trip and we'd sort of lost touch. He very much still wanted to meet me, and we planned a date for the next week. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and to this day, he is my boyfriend.  ?

Sorry for the novel, but when I saw Jeremy on the new season, he reminded me sooooo much of this guy! I don't necessarily think he would hurt jinger, but I'm not sure he would be above slapping her, even if he apologized for it later. He seems emotionally...off, and that worries me. He also seems to be trying hard to be someone that he's not, which is probably a bad thing. I hope that once the honeymoon period wears off, they are still happy. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 12

@Christina87 They are both going to change through the years. Does he like her if she becomes independent and strong, does he resent her if she doesn't? What impact does the lawsuit have on their relationship, or the end of the show. This relationship is just odd. 

• Love 4

Maybe Jeremy has a thing for pretty young things. I went to college with someone that looked 11. She was petite and has strawberry blond hair, never wore makeup, long straight hair. Long story short she started to date an older tall dark handsome type (we were around 20/21 he was about a decade older). He was all over her. He even swayed her friend group (us)  with fancy dinners and adult conversation.  He took her to visit his family (the first girl to be introduced to his family!). They loved her, they got engaged at about three months, got married like two months later, then about three months later she was pregnant!  She had the baby during our sr year, she did graduate. She continued to look 11 even when she was pregnant. He loved it. He was very controlling after they were married. I wonder if they are still married. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Sending myself to the prayer corner here, but Jeremy's nipples were hard the entire sermon, ESPECIALLY when he went on the Derelict rant. He's a very physically attractive man and I would surely be distracted and defrauded if I was a parishioner in his church. He needs long length button downs, if not extra long length; his shirts fit girthwise but I can see where the cuffs ends and the way it stretches tight on his pecs when he raises his arms *drool* that his shirt is too short. Jeremy looks a lot like my lapsed catholic husband so while I find his views abhorrent, I find him super physically attractive.

I totally hope Jeremy knows his shirts are ill-fitting and immodest and that's WHY he's wearing them - to defraud us ladies. (He's my physical type as well - tall, dark hair/eyes, athletic build...also similar to my husband.)

11 hours ago, Marigold said:

i think JereMe reads here.  He was a soccer "star" and is used to reading sports columns about himself, the teams , etc.   He probably googled himself up one day and hit this site plus a few others. Now he is addicted to us and can't stop because he is all into himself. 

Jeremy wants to be a star pastor so he knows his image is very important.  He is such a try hard. 

Hey, Jeremy! Call me! All successful fundie preachers need a mistress!

4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Absolutely.

But why is she dressed like that to begin with.  Assuming this is current and it's hot (Dianna is sleeveless) WHY does she wear this arctic outfit and other times looks cool and breezy in a sleeveless dress?  Some anxiety issues?

When I was pretty underweight, I was almost always cold indoors/everywhere with a/c set below 76. Many places I was freezing. You can carry a sweater with you and put it on indoors, but you can't just up and put on pants at anytime. Jinger's outfit looks to me like she is prepared to go from the heat outside to spending time someplace where she will feel cold inside. I'm guessing she feels cold much more than many of us since she has like no subcutaneous fat to warm her up.

• Love 9

I wonder about her changing too. I see Jeremy resenting jinger if she does get more independent, but I see it the opposite for Derick. I think, down deep, he expects Jill to morph into Cathy, and will be resentful when he realizes literally all she wants to do is laze around, not working and not really keeping the house. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I live in Orlando and wear leggings all the time in the summer. I also wear jeans. I never, ever wear shorts. I'm not into modest dressing either

I had to edit to say, yup, here in orlando lots of places seem to set their AC to arctic to combat the heat, so I am often cold indoors. Its especially bad in restaurants

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'll bet big money that picture is from March/early April....the grass is greener than is typical by this time of year when it gets hotter and drier out in the Southwest. Many Duggar related IG pics are not posted au courant. Just a thought.

FWIW, It was 95 here today but I had to use an electric blanket at my desk because I'm always cold...

Edited by asuwur
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I went to her IG expecting to see her in like a my Little Pony scrunchie and toddler overalls.

IDK, The leggings under the dress is an interesting look, but I think the dress is a little shorter than she probably feels comfy with ( not short for the normal person but short for the fundy) so she probably just put leggings on underneath it. 

I don't think that outfit screams having a mental breakdown. The Side pony is weird but the headband is normal and she was probably hot as shit with her leggings so up the hair goes.  Are we talking about the same pic? I actually think I like the headband on her, its cute! Maybe she was just having a lazy hair day

I'm loving this fundie fight. It is awesome. I bet Jill and Derrick are insufferable in real life, I can see them not getting along. And I am SURE that some of Derricks friends and family read here. If I knew anyone on a reality tv show I would be internet stalking what people have to say for sure. He may have even found out about it himself. they have been all over the news with the lawsuit. 

I think it's possible that Jinger got a lot of shit at the TTH for her "new look." This may be her swinging back to show that she still does "modest" the way she was taught. I don't think it will last too long. Jeremy's mom looks more attractive than his 20 somthing wife, and I don't think he's okay with that.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, asuwur said:

I'll bet big money that picture is from March/early April....the grass is greener than is typical by this time of year when it gets hotter and drier out in the Southwest. Many Duggar related IG pics are not posted au courant. Just a thought.

FWIW, It was 95 here today but I had to use an electric blanket at my desk because I'm always cold...

Haha you and I are opposites! I have been known to sleep with AC on in the winter, because my apartment has amazing insulation. I feel crazy every time I do it, when it's 30 degrees outside and I crank the AC up! Still, I hate sleeping in a hot room in the summer, so why would I want it in the winter?

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, asuwur said:

Picture may be old but the Vuolos were in Laredo the last few days.

18740010_1988472131388710_5342222623261698494_n.thumb.jpg.6d9af8de92b3cd24d0f9b2e0c5a64500.jpg

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

Haha you and I are opposites! I have been known to sleep with AC on in the winter, because my apartment has amazing insulation. I feel crazy every time I do it, when it's 30 degrees outside and I crank the AC up! Still, I hate sleeping in a hot room in the summer, so why would I want it in the winter?

Bedtime I totally need a fan blowing on me, really cool air and a thick comforter....I'm a chick of many contradictions!

As a Catholic, it really upsets me how anti-Catholic Jer  (and I guess the lot of them) are but him especially since he's a Northeastern Italian and must have a few Catholic relatives. BUT I do enjoy that he appears to relish sticking it to Boob at al....

• Love 2

This cracking veneer isn't a bad thing. It looks like a negative thing, it may hurt for a bit, but how can a family this large not have tiffs? It's confirmation that some of them are updating their operating systems. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Portia said:

The most anti-Catholic Evangelicals I've known have mainly been former Catholics. I used to go to church with aa formerly Catholic womaan who never missed an opportunity to rant about how Catholicism meets all the requirements of a cult. 

You've met my sister? Lol! 

I no longer am Catholic, but a catholic-lite Lutheran. Suits me better.  Still, twelve years of Catholic school make an impact. 

• Love 3

Christina87, abusive  relationships often start trying to be the best relationship you could ever be in. It sounds like you dodged a bullet! 

To change gears, Jinge should score points be being extra orthodox holy and wearing a wig. She could go with whatever style she pleases, not have to vibratory fix her own haur, and rub her sanctimony in her family's face. There's biblical support for coving the natural hair. If obey she were smart enough to outwit daddy and Gothard's teachings by using the Bible against them.

Also, the apple didn't fall far from the sanctimonious tree. Mr V. is a nice preview if Jeremy's pastor face in 30 years.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Christina87, abusive  relationships often start trying to be the best relationship you could ever be in. It sounds like you dodged a bullet! 

To change gears, Jinge should score points be being extra orthodox holy and wearing a wig. She could go with whatever style she pleases, not have to vibratory fix her own haur, and rub her sanctimony in her family's face. There's biblical support for coving the natural hair. If obey she were smart enough to outwit daddy and Gothard's teachings by using the Bible against them.

Also, the apple didn't fall far from the sanctimonious tree. Mr V. is a nice preview if Jeremy's pastor face in 30 years.

Closer to 40 years. Pa Vuolo is almost 70. I learned this when I listened to his "testimony" over the weekend. He was saved in college, some day in 1970. I wonder how much younger Diana is; she has a 35 year old son, and she was immersed in her career as a concert violinist when she got "saved," so she wasn't a baby when she married. I'd guess 60? A very well-preserved 60.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

What the heck happened to her honeymoon wardrobe? That was the best she's ever looked.

I agree with the person who said she's totally not Jeremy's type. He seems like he would be into a fundy Elle Woods type, not a sheltered little girl with no life experience. 

I agree and I wonder if that's where the anxiety is coming from. Jinger was never considered one of the beauties out of the Duggar daughters and here she is married to a tall, athletic, stylish man. I'm sure Jeremy draws female stares when they're out together and maybe Jinger's afraid of not measuring up. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, saylubee said:

18740010_1988472131388710_5342222623261698494_n.thumb.jpg.6d9af8de92b3cd24d0f9b2e0c5a64500.jpg

Pop's trying to goose Jer's attendance numbers. Hope he stayed off his "biblical gender roles" shtick, but I'm sure he didn't. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

It looks like she's still wearing a white bra under a dark color. Go on Jinger, go wild. Get a black one. Or really dance with the devil and get red!

You know, I wondered about that this morning. I kept thinking of Guiliana Rancic and her issues due in part to her size, but at the same time, I know my 5'5" sister accidently (on purpose) got pregnant at 16 and she weighed 97 pounds at the time.

It didn't take me long to get pregnant & I was underweight. (Similar weight & height as your sister.) It was nice never having  to worry about my weight during my pregnancy. I'm predicting Joy & Kendra will get pregnant before Jinge.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree and I wonder if that's where the anxiety is coming from. Jinger was never considered one of the beauties out of the Duggar daughters and here she is married to a tall, athletic, stylish man. I'm sure Jeremy draws female stares when they're out together and maybe Jinger's afraid of not measuring up. 

Of course that's possible but I am not seeing that. I think it's more likely she's cold inside with the AC. I'm a plus size gal and I'm always FREEZING inside during the summer because of the AC, I don't know how petite women stay comfortable, but I love hot weather and rarely get warm  

She and Jeremy seem very enamored with each other. If other women are looking at him I don't think she could care less because he's looking at her. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Closer to 40 years. Pa Vuolo is almost 70. I learned this when I listened to his "testimony" over the weekend. He was saved in college, some day in 1970. I wonder how much younger Diana is; she has a 35 year old son, and she was immersed in her career as a concert violinist when she got "saved," so she wasn't a baby when she married. I'd guess 60? A very well-preserved 60.

Diana has a son with a partner that is not Jeremy's dad? Is Pa Vuolo her 2nd husband?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Jeremy may realize that a dust up is one thing that may extend  the show. Classic reality show move. ;^) Probably giving to much credit there tho....

This is very likely. I get more opportunistic rather than true believer vibes off Jeremy (if he were sincere in his beliefs, he would not have chosen Jinger as the pastor's wife, for one), so he's most likely to think in practical terms when it comes to the show--nothing gets people watching more than petty fights. Unfortunately for Derrick and Jill, they're too sincere to go along with that, so Derrick's fundie STFU was an honest response to Jeremy's trolling. I don't think Jeremy is completely faking his antipathy, but I'm sure viewers' reactions was a major consideration when he posted that video.

9 hours ago, Portia said:

The most anti-Catholic Evangelicals I've known have mainly been former Catholics. I used to go to church with aa formerly Catholic womaan who never missed an opportunity to rant about how Catholicism meets all the requirements of a cult. 

I've noticed this as well, which is super weird, because it's not as if they were religious Catholics to begin with. I know crazy-religious Catholics exists (hello, Mel Gibson!), but in the US at least, calling Catholicism a cult is absurd, and I say that as an atheist who thinks all religions are just really old cults. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, saylubee said:

Biblical parenting seminar:

Why it's okay to terrorise your son with a knife, because you believe God told you to. (Abraham)

The morality of offering your teenage daughters to be raped by the local townsfolk so the townsfolk don't have gay sex with attractive angels. (Lot)

How to choose between allowing your son to masturbate, or forcing him to impregnate his dead brother's wife. (Judah's son Onan)

----------

Why are people going to seminars about biblical parenting. Just be good parents who look after your kids, and do your best to make sure they're happy, healthy, educated and loved. You don't need the bible for that, just common sense.

• Love 19

Kalamac, try young teenage girl gets knocked up and raises the baby with a guy from the hood. (Mary and Joseph)

I'm sure being around the Duggars will  prematurely  age Jer.

If Jer really wanted a reality tv fight, he should've gone with Jessa. She's shallow, insecure, and has never worked!

• Love 12
(edited)
38 minutes ago, kalamac said:

Why are people going to seminars about biblical parenting. Just be good parents who look after your kids, and do your best to make sure they're happy, healthy, educated and loved. You don't need the bible for that, just common sense.

I just hope that Papa Vuolo's particular brand of "Biblical parenting" doesn't involve blanket training or beating kids.

He must get into a lot of specifics - and enjoy the sound of his own voice - because it's FOUR sessions over a weekend. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Kalamac, try young teenage girl gets knocked up and raises the baby with a guy from the hood. (Mary and Joseph)

I'm sure being around the Duggars will  prematurely  age Jer.

If Jer really wanted a reality tv fight, he should've gone with Jessa. She's shallow, insecure, and has never worked!

Jessa's too chickenshit to respond publicly. I'm sure the fights behind the cameras are epic, but she won't give us the satisfaction of seeing her lose her temper.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Of course that's possible but I am not seeing that. I think it's more likely she's cold inside with the AC. I'm a plus size gal and I'm always FREEZING inside during the summer because of the AC, I don't know how petite women stay comfortable, but I love hot weather and rarely get warm  

She and Jeremy seem very enamored with each other. If other women are looking at him I don't think she could care less because he's looking at her. 

I think their situation is different because they're on teevee, so whoever is staring is probably doing so because they're c-list famous!

I can relate to that, though. People tell me I'm pretty all the time, and I think I'm on the good side of average, but I'm not a knockout. My sister was gorgeous growing up, and I never felt like I measured up. Every family outing we went on felt like a competition for me, where I would wear my best clothes and do my hair and makeup well, but would then get blown out of the water every time. I started to dread these occasions. My mom would say, "it doesn't feel like a competition to her!" Of course not, because she's winning every time! I spent years wishing she was a boy, because even a downright ugly girl gets to be the "pretty" one in a boy/girl pair. 

Now in our late twenties, my sister has not taken care of herself, especially in regards to excessive tanning. Now when we go out together, we do look more or less equal, and even in the very worst case scenario, people assume I am the younger one. ? People also appreciate personality more at this age,  and I have more social skills, so if you're where I was as a teen, it gets better!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kalamac said:

Because unless you're lucky enough to get a very compliant child, parenting isn't that easy. I took a Love & Logic parenting class last winter because while I know how to make sure my grandson is healthy, educated, and loved, I still need ways to get him to cooperate when he's being defiant. My grandson is on the autism spectrum, has ADHD and Oppositional Defiance Disorder, so if I'm not careful, every issue turns into a major confrontation. Love & Logic gave me some tools that are better than the screaming and spanking that I grew up with and the excessive time-outs I used with my adult children. I would never use a Bible-based parenting class because every one I've seen is very pro-spanking and, while I don't think a swat on the butt is child abuse, I don't want to hit my little guy every time he says "no".

• Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, Triple P said:

Diana has a son with a partner that is not Jeremy's dad? Is Pa Vuolo her 2nd husband?

No. Jeremy has an older (full) brother and sister.  They're  both in their 30s, of course. 

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I just hope that Papa Vuolo's particular brand of "Biblical parenting" doesn't involve blanket training or beating kids.

He must get into a lot of specifics - and enjoy the sound of his own voice - because it's FOUR sessions over a weekend. 

Have you checked out any of his sermons that are archived online? Like his son, he LOVES the sound of his own voice. He goes on and on and on. (of course, I would probably go on and on and on, too!)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

My sister was gorgeous growing up, and I never felt like I measured up. Every family outing we went on felt like a competition for me, where I would wear my best clothes and do my hair and makeup well, but would then get blown out of the water every time. I started to dread these occasions. My mom would say, "it doesn't feel like a competition to her!" Of course not, because she's winning every time

I think it was Jill (?) who relayed a similar complaint about Jessa in their book.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

A ton (perhaps the majority) of MLMs (which are popular within Christian/church circles) are based in Utah & owned or started by Mormons. http://kutv.com/news/local/follow-the-profit-how-mormon-culture-made-utah-a-hotbed-for-multi-level-marketers

The selling points that mention Christianity are sure to be more mainstream points that can appeal to pretty much all Christian denominations. They'll refer to passages or teachings in the Old Testament or New Testament rather than the Book of Mormon or any other LDS scripture like Doctrine & Covenants, etc. And I guess many fundies are sold by how "Christian" they are on face value and never google. It never crosses their mind that the company could be owned/started by people they don't consider Christians.

My guess is also, even if they knew, many might not want to shout about it because they're already so far in by spending tons of money/time on it. Also, this is the only thing many fundie women can do to try to make some sort of income & have some sort of "career" (& social life) outside of staying home with their kids. It's filling a much-needed outlet for the stay-at-home-moms who aren't allowed to work outside the home & who are often desperate to try to make extra money. 

And some of LulaRoe's clothes are AWFUL but I stand by my love for their (all black) leggings & my Mardi Gras leggings from them (that I wear only at Mardi Gras parades).  My black LLR leggings are seriously one of my favorite items ever. They're soooo soft. I almost feel bad for supporting a pyramid scheme. Almost.

Oh, and Jinger's hair looks silly in a side ponytail, but I'm excited just to see her hair styled "up" in anyway besides wearing it down and curly. Someone please teach her about a messy bun, though, ok? That would be much more current. :)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6