Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I'm hoping this is just a phase Jeremy is going through and he'll come to his senses in a couple of years.

I used to work with a born-again Christian who would periodically tell me I was going to hell whenever I would do something totally innocuous, but what she deemed as hell-worthy.  I finally got fed up and said to her, "You know what?  You're right.  I'm going to hell.  And you'll be there to greet me when I arrive."  Her face went white with shock and she left me alone after that.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Clemgo3165 said:

Really disappointed in the Catholic hate. I don't like that its rearing it's ugly head again, along with a lot of other kinds of hate. 

When my parents were relatively newly married they lived in SWVA/East TN and during a city parade the parents of the Catholic school kids had to march along side of them because of death threats - to children. In my own high school days, also in SWVA, I was told by a friend, a local preacher's son, that he had "sympathetic love" for me because I was going to hell when I died. Because I was Catholic. That was 35 years ago. Thought we'd moved on.

Crazy crap can go on both ways.  I grew up in a mostly Catholic neighborhood, and all of my girlfriends on the street went to Catholic school.  One day my mom had a carload of us and she had to stop by our church to pick something up.  The other girls in the car (my friends) got nervous and said they couldn't step out of the car because if they stepped on our Presbyterian church property they would go to hell!  So we all waited in the car instead of heading to the church playground.  Not the same as death threats, but brainwashing can go both ways.

• Love 10

When I was Protestant, my Catholic friends believed I was heading to hell.  My Protestant friends thought the Catholic were going to hell.  I'm LDS now and they both think I'm going to hell.

Apparently we are all in bad shape.  ;)  Whatever....

(BTW, Ben made an anti LDS video last year so Jeremy is not alone in his "hell talk")

• Love 9
2 hours ago, kalamac said:

As a godless heathen I'm always amused at how they go after Catholics, who already believe in some form of god instead of trying to convert atheists. 

They'd have named a kid Martin Luther Seewald, but I don't think they'd appreciate the similarity to Martin Luther King.

I'm LDS now and they both think I'm going to hell.

If you can get them to name a kid Kolob Brigham Duggar I'll convert.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't even believe in hell, so I guess I'm safel

Hell is real then I  divorced him.

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

They'd have named a kid Martin Luther Seewald, but I don't think they'd appreciate the similarity to Martin Luther King.

I  read this as King Kong  boy do I  need sleep 

Edited by Rabbittron
Need spellcheck.
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Josh's Ashley Madison name was Joseph Smithson! i

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Clemgo3165 said:

Really disappointed in the Catholic hate. I don't like that its rearing it's ugly head again, along with a lot of other kinds of hate. 

When my parents were relatively newly married they lived in SWVA/East TN and during a city parade the parents of the Catholic school kids had to march along side of them because of death threats - to children. In my own high school days, also in SWVA, I was told by a friend, a local preacher's son, that he had "sympathetic love" for me because I was going to hell when I died. Because I was Catholic. That was 35 years ago. Thought we'd moved on.

I graduated HS in 1995 and my junior high and high school friend was all about being Roman Catholic Christian as she used to repeatedly tell us. She always made sure to include the CHRISTIAN part at the end. I still literally have no idea if that's different than any other Catholic or not. I've been an atheist from like second grade, so yeah. My college roommate my freshman year was what I liked to call crazy Christian. Something went drastically wrong in the room assignments in my dorm that year and somehow pretty much my whole floor was crazy  Christian and girls who were returning roommates. The random handful of us who were neither were basically screwed and just there. So the Christian contingent pretty much spent a massive amount of time trying to get people to join them in prayer groups. I hated my roommate, made no secret I wanted no part of religion, let alone hers. The topper was when she came back one Friday night all excited one of the guys who lived on our floor had become a Christian. Stupidly I said he was already Christian since I knew he was Catholic. Oh yeah, I was told in no uncertain terms just how wrong I was and how he wasn't. This was 1996. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I never understood why Catholics aren't considered Christian.  They go to a church on Sundays, there's crucifixes everywhere, and Jesus is mentioned.  To me, that means Christian.  [Jews are Jews no matter what, unless you're those ultra fundamentalist Haredi who think anything modern is evil.]   And getting back to topic, does this mean Jeremy's extended family are something other than Christian to him?  

ETA:  sorry Ms. bigskygirl just saw your reply as I hit RETURN.

Edited by EAG46
OOPS
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, EAG46 said:

And getting back to topic, does this mean Jeremy's extended family are something other than Christian to him?  

It makes me scratch my head and say, Damn; I guess Jer's yet another Duggar-Adjacent who just doesn't think. 

Apparently that's what big quaffs of "Theology for Idiots" Kool Aid does to you. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, EAG46 said:

And getting back to topic, does this mean Jeremy's extended family are something other than Christian to him?  

Not only most of his relatives, but every single one of his ancestors on both sides of his family.  I'd like to hear Jeremy preach a sermon about that.  Does he believe that they are all burning in hell?  Is that what Jinger thinks, too?   

• Love 3

I don't think we've ever met members of Diana's family. We don't even know if she's Italian. Or if her family is Catholic. Almost nothing is known about her aside from education, violin, and involvement in a charity that gets kids into music. I've never seen anything further about her background.

47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think we've ever met members of Diana's family. We don't even know if she's Italian. Or if her family is Catholic. Almost nothing is known about her aside from education, violin, and involvement in a charity that gets kids into music. I've never seen anything further about her background.

On this episode of TG Radio, Charles & Diana Vuolo share their testimonies of how they were both from Catholic families and were both Catholics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUPLAYER_gcclaredo&v=eFzjOIIeLN4

Jeremy's hometown is Philadelphia (Dowingtown, PA) and all the Vuolo deceased family members were buried in Catholic cemeteries.

• Love 5
(edited)

Thanks. I'd never seen that regarding Diana. I knew that coming from an Italian family, that the Chuck's line was Catholic before they converted. That's pretty much a given.

I wonder if Grandparents Vuolo ever converted to Evangelical Christianity, or if they remained Catholic? Because man, if they're still Catholics, Jeremy's spiel is coooooold. 

eta: How cute, that broadcast was done on Father's Day weekend last year (my birthday was Father's Day). 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thanks. I'd never seen that regarding Diana. I knew that coming from an Italian family, that the Chuck's line was Catholic before they converted. That's pretty much a given.

I wonder if Grandparents Vuolo ever converted to Evangelical Christianity, or if they remained Catholic? Because man, if they're still Catholics, Jeremy's spiel is coooooold. 

eta: How cute, that broadcast was done on Father's Day weekend last year (my birthday was Father's Day). 

That sermon of Jeremy's has been on youtube for a year and barely has 300 views.  If Jeremy hoped to become a famous preacher because of his Duggar ties, it hasn't worked out.  The same is true of Ben. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Sigh.  Why are the Duggars and Duggar adjacents so anti-anything-other-than-fundie?  How hard would Jeremy, Bin and the Duggs faint if they ACTUALLY READ church history?  And as far as the whole idea of it being PAGAN, where does that come from?  Do they understand the fact that many sects of Christianity have icons and statues in their churches and homes?  Not just Catholics?  Do they not understand that these items are not worshipped, but used as a means for remembrance and to teach a story?  Do they not have icons in their own homes (I consider a crucifix an icon)?  

When I think about the Duggars, what I see is a mess of people who worship Jesus, not God.  And THEIR version of Jesus, to boot.

I would LOVE to have a philosophical conversation with these people.   

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I would LOVE to have a philosophical conversation with these people.   

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you'd be one conversant short no matter which one you tried.

I just get the feeling that they're all parroting stuff and that if they were questioned about their thoughts that fact would become sadly clear.  I've never seen any evidence of real thought in anything that any of them says. Even with quite young kids, you can see them thinking things through when they're talking deep subjects. But the Duggar adjacents (let alone the Duggars....) all come across as robotic parroters of stuff they just don't understand, to me. I haven't seen evidence of searching or weighing or considering or putting ideas they've heard up against life as they've observed it to see how it fits. Etc. .... I hope that this is actually going on, but there certainly would be no support for it in Duggardom so I wonder.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you'd be one conversant short no matter which one you tried.

I just get the feeling that they're all parroting stuff and that if they were questioned about their thoughts that fact would become sadly clear.  I've never seen any evidence of real thought in anything that any of them says. Even with quite young kids, you can see them thinking things through when they're talking deep subjects. But the Duggar adjacents (let alone the Duggars....) all come across as robotic parroters of stuff they just don't understand, to me. I haven't seen evidence of searching or weighing or considering or putting ideas they've heard up against life as they've observed it to see how it fits. Etc. .... I hope that this is actually going on, but there certainly would be no support for it in Duggardom so I wonder.

I think that is part of what makes it such a tempting idea...the thought that you might have the opportunity to make the proverbial parrot actually reflect on what it has been taught. But, sadly, I just don't think mere common sense stands any chance at all against certain levels of brainwashing. 

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, EAG46 said:

I never understood why Catholics aren't considered Christian.  They go to a church on Sundays, there's crucifixes everywhere, and Jesus is mentioned.  To me, that means Christian.  [Jews are Jews no matter what, unless you're those ultra fundamentalist Haredi who think anything modern is evil.]   And getting back to topic, does this mean Jeremy's extended family are something other than Christian to him?  

To them being a Christian is about accepting Christ as your savior, sharing your faith, and living every aspect of your life according to the Bible. Going to church, having crucifixes, and mentioning Jesus does not make one a "real" Christian. 

And yes, unfortunately, they would believe that unsaved Catholic relatives, no matter how wonderful of people they may be, are in/going to hell. Hence the urgency to spread the gospel through any means, to save those around them from this fate. 

Edited by awaken
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Slight veer of topic. In this sermon, Jeremy seems to definitely be shading the Dullards. Neither couple folllows the other on Instagram (the sisters don't even follow one another). I guess the following might be why: 

Jeremy may be an anti-Catholic bigot who has his church evangelicizing on the streets and knocking on people's doors, but I'll applaud him for this. All is not all perfect in the second generation of Duggarville. 

Yikes, the quote in your original post (that didn't copy forward) are in-your-face harsh if aimed at the Dillards. Could Jeremy possibly think Jill & Derick are qualified? And the post is not about them?

• Love 8

The specific reference to Nepal is no accident. And while I think his assessment of the grifting, untrained and unqualified Dillards is right on target, I wonder if Jeremy's ulterior motive is to establish himself as the alpha male son-in-law; the only one of the bunch who is a "real" minister, with real credentials and a real church. It will be interesting to see if he takes a shot at Ben next.

• Love 20

I didn't know Jeremy had real credentials--Divinity schools or degrees and  whatnot.  Just because his dad was a preacher doesn't make him one.  I also think Jeremy is throwing shade, added to the fact that they don't follow each other on social media...very fishy.

• Love 16

I'm pretty amazed that Jeremy preached that sermon!  To us, it seems obvious he's putting down Derick.  It did need to be said, but in a public sermon?  Or does Jeremy dislike Derick so much that he can't have this conversation with him?

I like Jeremy just a bit better now, though, even after listening to his rediculous mastubation sermon.  

• Love 3

Wow, that definitely sounds like a deliberate dig. I can't figure out why he has such a beef with Jill and Derelict though. Yes, everything he said is 100% true, but what has either of them done to him personally to deserve such a tongue lashing? It's not like Jeremy is busting ass at that plant church. He's taken plenty of time off to vacation, attend Duggar functions and film for TLC, so IMO, glass houses and all...

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I get the Nepal reference, but who has been to the Amazon?

No one, but coming from a fundie? Amazon HAS to be a reference to Danger America. 

• Love 14

To real intellectuals, those digs are bush league, small-time kitten claws coming out.  But for this crew, I'd give Baaaaabe the edge over Derelict every time.  

I have a business degree and my major was (you guessed it) Accounting!  You know how much theological training, biblical insight and true faith knowledge that degree gave me?  Right again, precisely DICK!  *LOL*  

Derelict needs to go back to work at Walmart and learn how to support his family like a responsible adult.  Baaaaabe seems to be doing just fine.  

• Love 21

Well daaayyuum Jeremy!! I think I really really like you now. Serves Jill right. I will never forget how she tapped Jana on the shoulder and told her to start making a list. I might have cashed out part of my 401K for Jana to have said "Fuck you!".

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Jeremy went to Real School though. Shouldn't he know those are in different continents? 

Well, using the examples of Nepal and Danger American would have been too obvious.  He was going for subtlety~

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Jeremy went to Real School though. Shouldn't he know those are in different continents? 

Well, Americans are internationally famous for knowing next to nothing about geography. 

• Love 7

Here's the sermon. First, he rips the Catholics, so he's not totally off the hook. If you don't want to gave to take blood pressure meds, FF to the 22 minute nark. That's when he starts throwing Dullard shade. I think his reference to the Anazon was to make it not so obviously on the nose. The rest is everything the Dullards are about. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Perhaps Jeremy should remove the log from his own eye...I guess Jill and Derrick hit him up for a loan. Up your shaft, Jer.

So,  their media lives have gone from being 19 smiling happy wonderful children with wonderful, wonderful parents with no problems in the world, to abuse survivors, to wedding after wedding after wedding of uneducated young people, to being visibly unemployed humman puppymillers, to now being Minstry Wars: The next Generation. What's next?

Derrick is a dork, of course, but it's JILL that's holding the back from legit mission work. Don't forget that. Wake me up when ANY one of these losers saves a non Christian with an IQ over 50.

Everytime people think of Jer as an attractive catch I just have to scratch my head.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Everytime people think of Jer as an attractive catch I just have to scratch my head.

Given the pool of husband material the Duggars have to draw from, I think Jeremy is a great catch. As to his physical attractiveness, we all have our own preferences. 

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

My favorite part is when he actually stops to take a drink before throwing shade.  Hey, Kermit. 

IMG_5931.PNG

The gulping of water reminds me of Marco Rubio's reply  to President Obama's state of the union speech.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, louannems said:

I'm pretty amazed that Jeremy preached that sermon!  To us, it seems obvious he's putting down Derick.  It did need to be said, but in a public sermon?  Or does Jeremy dislike Derick so much that he can't have this conversation with him?

I like Jeremy just a bit better now, though, even after listening to his rediculous mastubation sermon.  

Of course TLC won't put this whole thing on the show, which is really too bad. I'd tune in to watch the Holy Goalie vs. Triple D smackdown.

Let's get ready to rummmblllllleeeee!

• Love 19