Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

He could have been a Kobe fan, but not necessarily an NBA fan. A lot of people follow a particular athlete without following the entire league. I followed local boy Gary Payton's career without following the NBA at large. 

That's certainly possible since they're from the same area. I just don't remember him ever mentioning it.

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

There's a lot we don't know about these people. We actually know very little about them.

True. He's just never seemed shy about sharing his interests, no matter how random or ridiculous. Like his pocket square fixation. 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sartorial splendor and eating out take precedence over sports, obviously. 😁

"Sartorial splendor" made me choke. 😆

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 1/30/2020 at 9:55 PM, Zella said:

True. He's just never seemed shy about sharing his interests, no matter how random or ridiculous. Like his pocket square fixation. 😂

Well, that was a potential moneymaker for him, he thought. As an aspiring profitable (not to say desperate) influencer, top of his list to share are things he can persuade people to buy....

And I think he misjudged the prospects on the pocket squares with Rembrandt paintings on them. Not many Duggarling followers would be in the market for that, probably. He'd need an audience of elderly bankers and European-history professors (emeritus). 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
19 hours ago, Dirndl said:

Then you should look at their instagram stories. I saw Felicity playing soccer, playing with a doll, wooden toys (which I really give them credit for, I hate most of the plastic toys), spending time at a playground etc. . When I look at their insta stories I see a normal joyful kid. 

With Jinger and Jeremy constantly posting old pictures I think they don't spend as much time in restaurants as most people think. 

Admittedly, I do not look at their Instagram stories, or on their Instagram at all. I get my info from what I read here or when (IF) I watch the show. 

I am very happy to hear the PubliciTEE plays soccer, plays with dolls, toys etc.

It's good to know she is a normal, joyful kid. 😊

I only think they spend so much time out eating, because that is what THEY show us. Their job as (cough/cough) Influencers is to show the viewer what they wish to portray. So, they show us stupid restaurants shots-often. Also, their choice to show old pics as current pics. I can't fault my interpretation of them being restaurant hounds when that is what they want me to see.

(granted-there may be lots of other pics not posted here that I will never,ever see....)

• Love 7
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

If Jeremy cared so much about his daughter he would do as Kobe and his wife did - never fly together on the same flight. But poor little Jinger provably couldn’t handle staying home or traveling without a man.

That sounds highly impractical. I would just suggest they never fly on Duggar Air. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

That sounds highly impractical. I would just suggest they never fly on Duggar Air. 

When we traveled by air, we always flew together. Granted, I"m an only child so there were no other siblings to worry about. 

My mom was supposed to fly to Dominican Republic alone on September 11th. Her sister passed and she was going for the funeral. The flight was cancelled but she was stranded at the airport. I had all my family calling hysterical to find out if she was in the air. Thank God, she wasn't. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe the accident just really resonated with Jeremy.  Kobe left a couple of very young daughters. It was a regular Sunday, he went to take his daughter to a basketball tournament as they had done many times before, and then they were gone.

Jeremy could be attention seeking of course, but it's also possible that the whole situation just really shook him up.

I don't follow basketball, but I did find the accident bothered me a great deal. All those families changed forever.  I have found myself thinking of Kobe's younger daughters wondering when their dad and big sister would come back, and too young to understand that they never will.  I have also found myself thinking of the coach's husband and children.  That poor man was devastated.  It really was a reminder that there are no guarantees in life.

I'm wiling to cut Jeremy some slack on this one. That being said, if he continues to write posts about it, or takes photos of himself at memorial events then all bets are off.

Yep, life is short and JB should stop banning one of his children from coming to the house without his “permission.”  

• Love 16

Maybe Sam likes hats and hoodies.  When my youngest grandson also named Sam) was about 2 he became enamored with anyone's purse - so he could tote his cars and trucks.  I found one with his initial in Pink!  Of course it was for a girl, but, no one cared.  he dragged his "Murse" around with cars in it for a couple of months (I have a picture of him holding it on his arm, like the queen)and then wanted nothing more to do with it. Could be a stage.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4

As usual you ladies (and gentlemen) are on fire! Thanks for the laughs 😄😅

And also thank you, @3 is enough, for your thoughtful post about Kobe and how this event has resonated with you*; it captured my thoughts on the subject perfectly.

*and possibly with Jeremy as well, like you said. I am definitely NOT a fan of his, but yeah that doesn't change the fact this event might have affected him (to some degree, anyway).

• Love 5

Jinger is like many brunettes who try to go blond -- the dark brows and dark roots are very strong. And so she always looks like a brunette with a bad dye job. Her best bet is to go for a dirty blond color or frosted blond highlights. People with very naturally dark hair trying to be blond jut doesn't work.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, SMama said:

In the master bedroom with the door locked JB and M weep. 🤣😂

I really don't think that they do.

They might weep if they actually believed the shit that they spout, or if they actually cared about their kids, but I don't think either is true. I think that their deeply held belief that God will be displeased by girls wearing pants -- or whatever -- may have been sincere at one point, but is just a means of control now. And, I think that they ran out of fucks to give about their kids a long time ago.

I think that that's slowly dawning on Jill and Jinger, and I think Josh has known it for a long time.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

She’s never going back to Arkansas, is she? 

Even when her show is over, she's not going back. I think this is because of Josh and how her family dealt with that. Has there been a single picture of Jinger/Jeremy with Josh since they got married? I think she was seriously, deeply traumatized (as she should have been) by what Josh did to her. I think she's disgusted by him and doesn't want to have anything to do with him. Add to that that she now has a daughter of her own? Yea, I don't think she wants anything to do with her family when #1 son is going to be around.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

She needs to learn caramel to golden highlights not far too far off her color tone.  This color has too much platinum. 

I love the cut though.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 18

I think the hair would look fine if she dressed and presented herself in a more extreme style -- rocker chick or something. Something kind of hard-edged.

When you mix two such different colors in your hair, you're making a big statement and going out on the fashion edge. But that can only work if your whole look -- including your attitude --  is on the edge in some way. Then your hair can become part of a look-at-me kind of statement. 

JIngle's look is extreme hair and then a moderate and to some degree even conservative overall look -- clothes-wise, presentation-wise, personality-wise......So the hair just ends up looking like a mistake. Like she went to get a moderate color job to go well with her moderate look -- and somebody did the color really really wrong. 

I'm surprised she wants her hair to look that way. To me, it doesn't seem to fit with any of her other choices...

The cut is good. But her style calls for more subtle color variation. 

ETA: Gabby has dark hair that's dyed partly platinum a lot. Maybe Jinger's decided that look is required for Hollywood. 

https://countryfancast.com/gabby-barrett-hall-of-fame/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Josh and his family visited her this summer I believe.

And just for any posters on here who have experienced trauma, there truly is no 'one size fits all'. Many folks go through major and minor traumas with little to no long term effects and many folks go through major and minor traumas with chronic life altering effects. Neither is right or wrong.

Smuggar was accompanied by his parents and other family members still living at home, including Jana. It's not like he paid her a personal visit. There were plenty of other family members around to make it easy enough to ignore him.

• Love 4
Just now, Temperance said:

I really like the color of her shirt.  I think the shirt would look better untucked. 

Surely the tucked shirt is a clear Gothard dress code violation. It has eye trap written all over it. Might as well have an arrow pointing to the lady parts.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

I really like the color of her shirt.  I think the shirt would look better untucked. 

But how would we know that she was trendy? Because she's really trying to be hip.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I can't open any link in bio stuff today for some reason. Maybe someone else will have better luck? 

I pulled it up.  The list was definitely put together by Jeremy and neither one understands what a love song is supposed to be.  If you are going to put a Coldplay song on a list of love songs, then its Yellow or The Scientist if you want a tearjerker.   Not Paradise or A Sky Full of Stars.  I would also accept Fix You, but that is veering too close to pop song that doubles as Christian music for my taste.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, some mainstream music ... and Cade.

And Gabby. Who seems to be doing well for herself right now. 

Regina Spektor is always all right with me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Smuggar was accompanied by his parents and other family members still living at home, including Jana. It's not like he paid her a personal visit. There were plenty of other family members around to make it easy enough to ignore him.

That and sex pest slept in the RV on JinJer’s driveway. No concerns about him wondering around the house at night.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And Gabby. Who seems to be doing well for herself right now. 

Regina Spector is always all right with me. 

Yeah I approve of the Regina Spektor. Otherwise, it looks pretty blah to me. 

Also, I am not quite as convinced of Jinger and Jeremy's financial independence from the Duggars. Jeremy's got an LLC in Arkansas with an address that matches the TTH. That doesn't exactly scream independent from the hillbilly rube in-laws. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I really don't think that they do.

They might weep if they actually believed the shit that they spout, or if they actually cared about their kids, but I don't think either is true. I think that their deeply held belief that God will be displeased by girls wearing pants -- or whatever -- may have been sincere at one point, but is just a means of control now. And, I think that they ran out of fucks to give about their kids a long time ago.

I think that that's slowly dawning on Jill and Jinger, and I think Josh has known it for a long time.

I don't think so either - JB my not like Jer much or some of the choices Jing makes about her appearance. But Jer and Jing bring attention to the Duggar brand that is different than the usual marraiges/babies. That has always been JB's top priority, attention to the brand so the money keeps coming in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The only Duggar sibs that seem close are Joy and her buddy group. And in that case I think it's because Joy was less a "mom" and more like a big sis. Joy also has a rather tomboyish personality. A lot of boys who grow up in fundie families CRAVE a tomboyish girl. They can't marry one, can't really be friends with one. But to have a big sis that;s a tomboy? Awesome. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't think so either - JB my not like Jer much or some of the choices Jing makes about her appearance. But Jer and Jing bring attention to the Duggar brand that is different than the usual marraiges/babies. That has always been JB's top priority, attention to the brand so the money keeps coming in.

That and Jeremy is kind of like JB except chasing politics he's chasing some sort of fame? He seems to be attempting to hustle. If he is successful or not though... Well he's just like his father in law in that regard too. 

• Love 6

I laughed when I saw Last Kiss by Pearl Jam. Jeremy definitely chose these "love songs". I doubt even he listens to those artists. I wondered if maybe she's trying to get Cade and Gabby more streams. 

That outfit and look age her so much. She looks boring. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 10