Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Faul McCartney said:

There’s lots of reasons why RFP would form an LLC in Arkansas, it doesn’t have to be for rental properties. I guarantee it’s cheaper to set up and pay annual fees on an AR LLC versus a CA LLC. Jeremy should be running his business through an LLC or LLCs, it’s prudent. 

He’s still lame and Boob is a creep though. 

And what exactly is Pastor Vuolo’s business?

• Love 10

Yeah, I can see Jer setting this up for the money he thinks he's going to make as an influencer. ...That crossed my mind, but I was thinking about the money think he's going to make as an influencer -- and that amount plus the free hamburgers wouldn't be a reason to register a business. 

• Love 1

My uneducated guess is that JB had them set up all these faux companies so he can transfer money and property around without it triggering the gift limitations of $15k per person per year or requiring reporting it as wages to employees or fees paid to independent contractors, both of which require reporting to the IRS.

ETA: Having read this thread more thoroughly, however, it would seem that thanks to the new regime, those pesky little tax requirements are only for the poor and unlawyered to obey.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

My uneducated guess is that JB had them set up all these faux companies so he can transfer money and property around without it triggering the gift limitations of $15k per person per year or requiring reporting it as wages to employees or fees paid to independent contractors, both of which require reporting to the IRS.

Aha I think you might be on to something!

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

And what exactly is Pastor Vuolo’s business?

Something about “fromthegiftshoppe.com”. It’s on their IG profile for business inquires. What kind of business, it’s not clear!  

• Useful 1

Is it possible that Jeremy did not physically set up the LLC at all? Perhaps JB did it using Jeremy's name. Evidently a billion Duggar LLCs are set up using the Duggar sons (except Josh, because legal issues), Duggar SILs, Jana (sole unmarried Duggar daughter), and Anna (by proxy to Josh). 

I wouldn't put it past JB to make sure that every single one of his offspring are linked to him as much as possible.

• Love 12

Jinger and Jeremy have rebranded on Facebook. Before the profile picture and header were old pictures from when they were courting, they only recently started posting consistently. Now Jinger is the perfect little homemaker and Jeremy is datty extraordinaire. 

Screenshot_20191123-032836.thumb.jpg.33b57469f39ba6851b1f3ee8ef57f94d.jpgScreenshot_20191123-032920.thumb.jpg.c1c8fd0445812a90225d2a4cf23e76d3.jpgScreenshot_20191123-032951.thumb.jpg.328bfe6a9fe9476b97b8b69d155ea8dd.jpg

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jinger and Jeremy have rebranded on Facebook. Before the profile picture and header were old pictures from when they were courting, they only recently started posting consistently. Now Jinger is the perfect little homemaker and Jeremy is datty extraordinaire. 

Screenshot_20191123-032836.thumb.jpg.33b57469f39ba6851b1f3ee8ef57f94d.jpgScreenshot_20191123-032920.thumb.jpg.c1c8fd0445812a90225d2a4cf23e76d3.jpgScreenshot_20191123-032951.thumb.jpg.328bfe6a9fe9476b97b8b69d155ea8dd.jpg

Well, I guess that shows they're at least getting the idea that the influencer thing requires you to brand in a way that makes sense and so on...... 

I wonder if it'll carry over, though. Because, to my mind, anyway, their influencer game has actually been getting worse recently, despite hiring a photographer.

The photographer's kind of crappy, they still have had no focus at all, and they haven't been giving their "followers" any value or anything of interest at all, really, as far as I can see -- seeming to think that all they need to do is attract people with picture after picture of them, with some business's name attached to it. 

Back when they started this a couple of years ago, I actually thought Jer was doing pretty well -- by far the best out of the whole family -- when he was pushing the Calvinist publisher.

He went over the line with lying/misrepresenting some things a couple times (like saying that he had come up with a contest for which he would award prizes when in fact it was the publisher's idea, etc.) but he did seem to get that your posts needed to engage people with stuff related to the business/products and that you couldn't just constantly post photos of you you you, no real captions, etc. 

Since then, though, he's gone straight downhill, seems to me. And while Jingle's had a few decent moments, she's never gotten off the ground......She quickly lost the two actual accounts she seemed to have -- the organic grocery that dropped her because people complained and Skillshare, who seemed to be trying to attract more conservative Christians by touting Jingle as a serious photography hobbyist. That seemed to last about a week -- so I'm thinking conservative Christians weren't interested.

Maybe starting the new "business" -- besides the LLC, they've posted stuff about managers and whatever that thegiftshoppe website is and such -- is a sign they've learned what it requires and they're going to take it more seriously now and do it in a more focused way? 

It'll be interesting to see. Although I still don't see how you do that while you're going to seminary and, especially, if you graduate from seminary and become somebody's minister or other church employee. Just doesn't seem to fit........

JIngle's quote about their "career" from the episode with the rumored Charlie-Chaplin house (?) does make me wonder whether Jer actually sees the seminary thing as a mere fallback and mainly a way to get to LA for free so he can grab some career he's more attracted to -- "famous (rich) influencer?"......

So far, though, I don't see him having the stuff to do well at either of those careers....Just really really wanting the spotlight isn't enough to get the spotlight. At least not long term...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

I don't know if you can specify in the NDA, but Jon Gosselin had a 10 year clause, which just expired.  He is free to talk now.

And he did recently on Dr. Oz.  All kinds of interesting things were exposed. 

24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That shirt, with those sleeves, is definitely what I would choose to wear, while baking.

I have a similar bell sleeved shirt.  The first thing I thought when I wore it the first time was that this isn't the shirt to wear to buffets. My sleeves would be dragging through all kinds of food dishes reaching for things. I can't imagine cooking in it. Plus she looks too put together.  Definitely a posed shot.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

How long after he left the show would the NDA be in effect? Derelict's already spilled the tea w/r/t TLC not paying for Izzy's birth. 

In my personal experience, Hollywood NDAs vary wildly - anywhere from "until the time of release" to "100 years," to ensure that the literary estate is also under an NDA.

• Love 8

I see them as a couple of wannabe's who keep going over the top or falling short of the mark.  They're learning, but probably too slowly and still haven't got a stable focus on what they're selling.  Probably because Jeremy is calling the shots and he's trying to not be 'one note', but can't pare down all the flighty things that interest him.

• Love 14

Good grief. She’s got a logo now? Is that a good look for a minister’s wife?

If that photo was professionally taken, I hope it was free, because it’s poorly done. Jinger (TM pending) looks washed out and there’s too much light bouncing around.

I’m not sure they understand the aspirational aspect of the influencer hustle. You have to stand for something (wellness, “positivity” 🤮, cooking, decorating, fashion, etc.) and then claim that it’s obtainable by anyone buying their crap. 

They only thing they’re obviously good at is producing one really cute baby. That’s hardly a reproducible (hee) or sellable product.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

If Jinger wants to brand herself as the perfect little home maker, then she needs to stop posting endless pictures of her, RFP and the prop out and about in every trendy restaurant in the LA area.  Based on their social media, I'm not sure they even sleep at their house, much less eat any home cooked meals there.

Her sister Jill posts some of the nastiest, most unappetizing meals I've ever had the displeasure of viewing, but at least I do believe she actually cooks and she and Dumbo often eat at home.

Based on the pictures, I do believe RFP loves his daughter, but it's also clear that her good nature and photogenic looks help feed his ego and fuel the image he wants to portray.  I can't help but wonder how devoted he would be to a fussy child who hated the camera and needed a strict routine to thrive.

If they are trying to re-brand themselves, it needs a TON of work.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

Re: the Jinger "influencing" game I think her brand appeals to a certain sort of fundie wife. This sort of fundie wife KNOWS that it's supposed to be about God, family, obeying the headship, keeping sweet. But this fundie wife secretly craves designer clothes, fancy cars, the good life. Everyone in her church is struggling financially, and she's stuck at home with a bunch of kids and a husband whose income is modest.

So I think this sort of fundie wife can be very "influenced" by Jinger's airbrushed social media. The nice clothes, the fancy restaurants, the expensive tastes. She might go to Starbucks once a week to feel better about herself. She might start dressing in trendy skinny jeans. 

Jinger and Jer definitely make fundie living seem glam and posh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

If Jinger wants to brand herself as the perfect little home maker, then she needs to stop posting endless pictures of her, RFP and the prop out and about in every trendy restaurant in the LA area.  Based on their social media, I'm not sure they even sleep at their house, much less eat any home cooked meals there.

Her sister Jill posts some of the nastiest, most unappetizing meals I've ever had the displeasure of viewing, but at least I do believe she actually cooks and she and Dumbo often eat at home.

Based on the pictures, I do believe RFP loves his daughter, but it's also clear that her good nature and photogenic looks help feed his ego and fuel the image he wants to portray.  I can't help but wonder how devoted he would be to a fussy child who hated the camera and needed a strict routine to thrive.

If they are trying to re-brand themselves, it needs a TON of work.  

I was wondering the same.  They lucked out with Lissy, but how would RFP be with a kid that wasn't cute?  

Suzy Homemaker does not frequent restaurants on a seemingly daily basis, or post endless pictures of same.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy has a job kissing up to rich people. 

Yep, that's how I see his job, too. 

I expect that's one of the jobs the IRS would look at askance if you tried to argue it was the "business" your LLC -- aka your "tax-avoidance-machine" -- engaged in, though! 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect that's one of the jobs the IRS would look at askance if you tried to argue it was the "business" your LLC -- aka your "tax-avoidance-machine" -- engaged in, though! 😁

I don't think they are illegally avoiding taxes at all. the new tax rules allow it and they are using it to their advantage.

Last time I looked there were between 40 and 50 GOP U.S. Senators and Congressmen who voted for the last tax reform and have formed LLCs.

Trying to find the link -

but it was a loophole added to get Corker to vote with the GOP If I remember correctly

Edited by crazy8s
added GOP
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't think they are illegally avoiding taxes at all. the new tax rules allow it and they are using it to their advantage.

Last time I looked there were between 40 and 50 U.S. Senators and Congressmen who voted for the last tax reform and have formed LLCs.

Trying to find the link -

but it was a loophole added to get Corker to vote with the GOP If I remember correctly

I agree! ..... Also -- great extra information. Thanks! 

That's why I said "tax avoidance" -- which is the name used for legal tactics that lower your tax bill-- not "tax evasion" -- which is the name for illegal tactics that do the same!  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Looks like a cover for a romance novel.

The lonely single millionaire 

A new mommy for Christmas 

That sounds like the cheesiest of Hallmark holiday movies. Love it! 

4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Is it just me or is Felicity just your average toddler with cuter outfits ready for Instagram? Everyone keeps talking how adorable she is.  She is cute in the same way most kids are cute. I think (or like to think) that most parents think their own kids are cute, but strangers are usually not as interested. I know people who have babies/toddlers and it's the same way with their kids. I have nothing against the kids, but they're not my kids and mostly they look about the same. 

I do hope that if Felicity ever does not want her picture taken that her parents would be willing for her to opt out (not likely I know). Especially if she's in an awkward phase.

I think it's that we aren't used to this family spawning gorgeous babies so Felici-TEE stands out among the new generation. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigny said:

I think it's that we aren't used to this family spawning gorgeous babies so Felici-TEE stands out among the new generation. 

I don't think Felicity stands out to me from her cousins. They're all equally good-looking as little kids. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't think Felicity stands out to me from her cousins. They're all equally good-looking as little kids. 

I think Spurgeon is the best-looking Duggar grandchild. The rest are cute little babies and kids, but Spurge is as photogenic and telegenic as his mother.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think Spurgeon is the best-looking Duggar grandchild. The rest are cute little babies and kids, but Spurge is as photogenic and telegenic as his mother.

My pick is one of Anna's girls...the oldest I think? 

Other kids are not that cute. Average babies/children

• Love 2

I'm surprised they haven't thought of having a littleduggars photo shoot with all of the grandkids together.   Everyone has different tastes and opinions, but I think Spurge an Felicitee are the cutest.  Jill and Smuggar's kids are the least cute.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

Is it just me or is Felicity just your average toddler with cuter outfits ready for Instagram? Everyone keeps talking how adorable she is.  She is cute in the same way most kids are cute. I think (or like to think) that most parents think their own kids are cute, but strangers are usually not as interested. I know people who have babies/toddlers and it's the same way with their kids. I have nothing against the kids, but they're not my kids and mostly they look about the same. 

I do hope that if Felicity ever does not want her picture taken that her parents would be willing for her to opt out (not likely I know). Especially if she's in an awkward phase.

THIS.  It seems like fan favorite Jin's babies are always going to be considered the cutest.  I see babies in the grocery store that are just as cute, and luckily for them, their datties aren't money-grubbing fame whores.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm surprised they haven't thought of having a littleduggars photo shoot with all of the grandkids together.   Everyone has different tastes and opinions, but I think Spurge an Felicitee are the cutest.  Jill and Smuggar's kids are the least cute.

I can't see JB and J'chelle thinking that that is a good idea. Now, if they wanted to do a photo shoot of JB and J'chelle surrounded by their grandbabies, I think they would think that's a SUPER idea.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

It helps that she's happy and smiley most of the time. When I see a happy baby with a big smile, i have a pavlovian response and start smiling too.

• Love 15