Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I wonder what possessed them to hook up with Jingle. The shop was created originally by two women, one of whom, Waylynn Lucas, is a baker/chef who at one point was on a short-lived Bravo reality show  -- Eat, Drink, Love -- about several single women trying to fight their way into the overwhelmingly male LA food scene......... She's referred to in Bravo publicity stuff as a "punk rock chick" who fights her way into the LA restaurant world. She's also judged some shows on the Food Network, apparently. 

Apparently, she's recently moved out of LA -- into some "country" area of California? -- but she still lists herself everywhere as co-founder of Fonuts. And she sure doesn't sound like somebody who'd be a fan of the keep-females-in-their-lower-place Duggar family or Jeremisu. 

Currently running the place are the other co-founder, Nancy Truman, and her husband, Thom Furtado. Haven't seen much about her, although she seems to be very good friends with punk-rock feminst Waylynn, and the rest of what i do see also seems pretty normal, not fundie, and friendly with, like, professional surfers. And her husband's social media suggests that he's very lefty liberal .... very.

Again -- don't seem likely at all to be Duggar/Vuolo fans. 

Odd. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

This is the problem with TLC helping these people pretend their faith is all golly gee whiz wholesome family goodness when in fact it’s a toxic anti-LBTQ, anti-female white-male-dominated cult.

All people see are lotsa babies, hi y’alls and hyuk hyuks. It’s a complete facade and if it takes the Duggars getting outed when they step out in the real world for people to catch on, I am completely okay with that.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They have a post with Mario Lopez. Someone who spoke negatively about transkids.

Yeah, I remember that. He had to pretend he was apologizing later, though, didn't he? 

Maybe they're attracted to the beliefs of Jeremisu! 

Probably more likely that their publicist knows Jinger's publicist, though, I'm betting. .... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's baked rather than fried, made of almond flour

I wonder if they have this posted somewhere. I'm deathly allergic to almonds if I eat anything with them. My throat closes up and I can't breathe. 

Jingle looks deranged in the picture with the doughnuts. 

How old is Prop now?  Jingle and Jeremy are slacking in the baby making department. She should be having another one already. I wonder if they're not going to have a ton of kids.

• Love 6

They follow the Ellen show and popular gay youtuber Joey Graceffa. Also, if you scroll back they thank the Ellen show for buying up all their gluten free and vegan donuts. The owner is also very into buddhism. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I wonder if they have this posted somewhere. I'm deathly allergic to almonds if I eat anything with them. My throat closes up and I can't breathe. 

How old is Prop now?  Jingle and Jeremy are slacking in the baby making department. She should be having another one already. I wonder if they're not going to have a ton of kids.

Except for Anna/Smuggar and maybe Jessa all of them are slacking in the baby-making. Jill definitely could have had three or four kids by now. Joy had a miscarriage but also could (???) have another "blessing" in the oven if Austin Headship so wished it. 

But for whatever reason I think except for Anna most of the Duggars will have their quivers only half full. I see most of them having three to four kids max. 

In Jinger's case, I don't think Jeremy Headship wants a big baby bump to cover his pocket squares in photographs. But hey, if that vanity leads to a sensible family size I'm all for it.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

The owners must be huge fans of the show, I don't see why they would partner with a Duggar. Just because she moved to LA doesn't mean her beliefs have changed. They are already getting hate on their page. 

I doubt she'll bring much business most of the people on Jinger's page are saying they wish they lived close so they could get them. Her fan base is not in LA.

That blonde hair isn’t doing Jinger any favours. Completely washes her out. She’s a nice looking person and would look so much better if she just embraced her brunette hair and cut a few layers into it. Maybe it’s all part of her anti-Duggar rebellion phase. “Look at me!  I’m wearing pants, bleached my hair and I’m stumping for a donut company!”

• Love 13
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Felicity turned 1 in July so 16 months. I've been freely speculating that Jinger may be pregnant and they're trying to keep it quiet until they're ready to announce. I've been wrong more than once. Still it wouldn't surprise me if she announced soon.

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Except for Anna/Smuggar and maybe Jessa all of them are slacking in the baby-making. Jill definitely could have had three or four kids by now. Joy had a miscarriage but also could (???) have another "blessing" in the oven if Austin Headship so wished it. 

But for whatever reason I think except for Anna most of the Duggars will have their quivers only half full. I see most of them having three to four kids max. 

In Jinger's case, I don't think Jeremy Headship wants a big baby bump to cover his pocket squares in photographs. But hey, if that vanity leads to a sensible family size I'm all for it.

Joe and Kendra- who've been married 2 years and 3 months and have 2 kids already born-haven't been slacking.  I think most of the Duggars will be slower than Michelle and JB, but most of them aren't completely slacking. Jill and Jinger are the only ones who seem to be off-pace. I predict most of the Duggars will have more than 3-4 kids. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Felicity turned 1 in July so 16 months. I've been freely speculating that Jinger may be pregnant and they're trying to keep it quiet until they're ready to announce. I've been wrong more than once. Still it wouldn't surprise me if she announced soon. 

I could be completely wrong, since I can't read these people at all, but I don't think that's the case. The Duggars have traditionally shown zero restraint about announcing pregnancies. Other than Jessa with Spurgeon, they've all announced well before three months.

I don't think Jeremy wants a million kids -- it's not part of his lifestyle brand. I think they're both enjoying having a single child, and I think that Jinger is under less pressure than her siblings to produce more since she's not haunting the TTH every day.

I think that Jill has "broken away" more than Jinger, but I think I also think that the memory of being 1 of many is registering on them both. I think that the realization of what that means may panic Jill a little bit, but Jinger may be seeing the advantage of not having a baby every year.

• Love 11

Small correction: Jessa hasn't announced ANY pregnancy before about 15 weeks. Jinger could follow suit. I don't recall how far along she was when she announced Felicity. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I could be completely wrong, since I can't read these people at all, but I don't think that's the case. The Duggars have traditionally shown zero restraint about announcing pregnancies. Other than Jessa with Spurgeon, they've all announced well before three months.

I don't think Jeremy wants a million kids -- it's not part of his lifestyle brand. I think they're both enjoying having a single child, and I think that Jinger is under less pressure than her siblings to produce more since she's not haunting the TTH every day.

I think that Jill has "broken away" more than Jinger, but I think I also think that the memory of being 1 of many is registering on them both. I think that the realization of what that means may panic Jill a little bit, but Jinger may be seeing the advantage of not having a baby every year.

Most of the Duggars have waited three months (or longer) to announce most of their pregnancies. Jessa waited at least 3 months with all of pregnancies and longer with Ivy.  Jinger waited until around 3 months to announce with Felicity. Jill even waited 3 months to announce Sam. Anna, Kendra, and Jill are the only ones I can think of who have announced earlier than 3 months. 

Also sometimes there are reasons to delay an announcement. Abbie announced her pregancy when she was about 4 months, probably because of Joy's loss. In this case, Jinger may be waiting until all the babies are born to announce if she's pregnant. 

I agree Jeremy doesn't want a huge quiver and I wouldn't be surprised if Jinger was happy with that. Jill seems to be slowing down. The other Duggars (who are married so far) will probably have larger families. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

"Donuts named after a woman with extremely marginal, at best, cooking skills."

I'm sure the doughnut people only went with it for the Jingerbread pun.

Next up. Jeremysu, an Italian dessert.

Well, thanks! I may never be able to enjoy Tiramisu again without thinking that! 🤣

• LOL 14
12 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

They have the almond flour stuff posted prominently and all over the place online, so I'm sure it's posted prominently in the store, too. These people seem to be pretty smart, savvy and experienced....Plus, they started the store because one of them has a serious gluten problem. So they know about food sensitivities and allergies. .... Vuolos and Minkoff may not. But the people who run the bakery seem to have a handle on it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Lauren announced "Asa" probably the day after she peed on a stick.  I'm superstitious enough to think it's wise to wait until at least 3 months, so that's what I did.  I can't think of anyone I know that "showed" until 4-5 months, at least.

I feel certain that RFP will not go beyond 3 kids max.  He has to have $ to buy all those fancy pocket squares, pens, and other "essential" (to him) accoutrements.  He's so vain, Carly Simon could have written that song about him, had he been around in the 70's.

When I said announced, I meant to the world, not to their families. Lauren announced to the family she was pregnant right away, but she didn't tell the world until several months later. Most people I know let their family know earlier and announce on social media at least three months. I guess I should be more clear and go with public announcement. 

• Useful 3

I would be really surprised if Lissy doesn't have a sibling or two in the next few years, but I would be equally surprised if there are many more than that. Being cool and urbane seem really important to JereMe and that doesn't really mesh well with dozens of babies. Whether it's two or three will probably depend on if the next one is as amenable to prop-dom as Felicity and, after reading his mentor's rant on women leaders and the fall of civilization, I'm guessing whether on not it's a boy. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 15

Now I'm thinking that if #2 is another girl, they'll definitely go for one more.  If #2 is a boy, they might stop right there.

2 hours ago, Temperance said:

When I said announced, I meant to the world, not to their families. Lauren announced to the family she was pregnant right away, but she didn't tell the world until several months later. Most people I know let their family know earlier and announce on social media at least three months. I guess I should be more clear and go with public announcement. 

You're right, and I was just going by the show, not "real time."  I'm pretty sure I told my mother and in-laws sooner than 3 months.  Another reason I'm thankful my family wasn't on TV!  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Well, the donut page deleted all the comments calling out Jinger and the Duggars.

I just looked at myself since you said that.  You're right - I read so many negative comments over the weekend.

There is this recent post:  "Oh - you erased all your 'even bigots like your donuts' comments - hard to look in the mirror huh?"

• LOL 12
22 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Well, the donut page deleted all the comments calling out Jinger and the Duggars.

Lie down with dogs Duggars, get up with fleas. 

And they've managed Duggars and Scientology in one event. Wonder how long their publicist is going to last. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
On 12/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, awaken said:

If any of us are in LA, I’d love it if you could attend this fonut event and report back!  😉

I'm in LA and will actually be near that area on Sunday.  I might try to do a fly-by and report back!

ETA:  Did her appearance get cancelled?  I thought I saw she'd be there on Sunday, 12/8, but I don't see it on their instagram page anymore...

Edited by Magoo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Magoo said:

ETA:  Did her appearance get cancelled?  I thought I saw she'd be there on Sunday, 12/8, but I don't see it on their instagram page anymore...

It was in her stories so it disappears after 24 hrs. I think she posted it there so people don't question her about working with a scientologist.

• Love 3

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeremy doesn't come from a quiverfull family/religion. So, I really don't think that having a dozen kids was ever an option for him.

And I don't Derick is from the quiverfull world either. He may have been on board of the as many blessings as God gives us when he got married, but I think life with two kids (and no job) has changed his mind on the subject.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Lunera said:

It was in her stories so it disappears after 24 hrs. I think she posted it there so people don't question her about working with a scientologist.

I'd be really surprised if the Vuolos knew of Minkoff's ties to Scientology. It's just a gig set up by her publicist.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeremy doesn't come from a quiverfull family/religion. So, I really don't think that having a dozen kids was ever an option for him.

And I don't Derick is from the quiverfull world either. He may have been on board of the as may blessings as God gives us when he got married, but I think life with two kids (and no job) has changed his mind on the subject.

And Jill having poor prenatal care and two emergency c sections. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

I'm in LA and will actually be near that area on Sunday.  I might try to do a fly-by and report back!

The pics of the Jinger with the Jingerbread donuts are still on both Jinger and Fonuts Instagram and, if you click on the Rebecca Minkoff Eventbrite link on Jinger's Instagram homepage, you get a link to an invitation to the event.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 5
10 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I always thought Scientology wants rich people. It’s expensive to be a member.

Well, we don't know if Jinger's publicist knows about Minkoff (who likely won't be present). I would assume that the publicist is Christian, and booked Jinger for this because it seems wholesome. I mean donuts! Toys for Tots! Face painting and hair braiding! I guess even if the guy knows about Minkoff, the rest overrode the pesky Scientology association.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

If the next kid is a boy I see them stopping at 2 or 3. I just don’t think Jeremy wants a dozen blessings. 

As long as Jinger remains “joyfully available” to him it’ll all work out. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Rephrase: “love a good daddy-daughter-photographer day.”

Thank you. The probability that Jinger took this photo is what, 90%, so RFP can spare me shining his Datty-is-bestest-halo about “daddy-daughter day.”

• Love 8

So remember the donut event. The donut company is giving away donuts. Jinger will be there. Toys for Tots is taking donations. And it's held in a Rebecca Minkoff store.

Rebecca Minkoff is a handbag designer and a scientologist. This was already established upthread. I tried to do research on Rebecca, bu there was a lot of information. 

FJ found a source that says yes, in fact Rebecca Minkoff is David Minkoff's daughter. Dr. David Minkoff is a doctor. He lost his medical license. If you watch Leah Remini's show, you might remember him being mentioned in the Lisa McPherson episode. 

I felt for sure Rebecca was related to David, because Minkoff is a rare last name. I wasn't sure she was his niece, cousin, etc. Rebecca has made it harder to find out this info.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 11
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, they caved. I wonder if the Jingerbread fonut will still go forward.

Good question. 

I'm betting that when they said "yeah" to the publicist who proposed this gig the donut people knew only a bit more about Duggars than the Vuolos know about Minkoffs. .....

They probably just stumbled into it, and now they will go through with it -- but quietly and without fanfare.....Obviously there's no point to them publicizing it, since it's been made clear to them that their clientele disapproves so the people they routinely advertise to will not want to come. And, of course, it'll be better for everybody, including the donut people, if their regular clientele does not come. 

I've looked at their website a few times over the past week, and maybe I'm blind, but  I've never seen the "Jingerbread fonut" listed either on their "try all our flavors!" page or on a news page there as a new or limited offering or anything. ...(.Pumpkin and "pecan pie" flavors, which I expect may also be limited-edition holiday flavors, are at the top of the list, though.)

That says to me that they apparently hadn't yet announced the "jingerbread" flavor officially before this thing blew up. .... And they clearly have much less to lose at this point if they just serve it at the Minkoff store to Jingle fans and a few random strangers and then let it die a very quiet and unheralded death, I would think....

I'd be very surprised if 'jingerbread" ever shows up on the store list after this. .... I guess if they really like it, they could come back in a year or two with "gingerbread," though. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4