Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, they caved. I wonder if the Jingerbread fonut will still go forward.

I’ll be waiting with bated breath to find out!  😀 my guess is they’ll have it at the event but it’ll quietly go away after that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Yeah, in the future it’d be nice if you could actually vote the people you’re working with before announcing things. 

Jingle needs to announce a pregnancy to make this go away.  Best of luck with Jeremysu, Bajana Bread, or Felicteacakes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Whoa! I cant believe they actually made a post calling them out. Pretty sure the company that finds them business partners is Brand Brasserie. The owner, Aaron, seems to handle Jeremy's business inquiries. He is partner at From the Gift Shoppe, the site Jinger and Jeremy have on their Instagram bio.

Screenshot_20191204-170856_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9b04048a27096e3db49014755aeb9ed5.jpg

Screenshot_20191204-170957_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7294f86df1dd3e492eac8794e2280a38.jpg

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

Omg, so many people on the donut page calling them intolerant and poor Jinger is the persecuted Christian girl who was only expressing her beliefs. Most of those people aren't even California natives, it's not like Fonuts is losing business. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Well, they dumped Jinger and the "company" that introduced them!!!

fonuts.jpg

This is thrilling!  NOW I’m a fonuts fan, that they’re willing to publicly dump Duggars!  

Did jing take down the jingerbread fonuts post on her IG too?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

This is thrilling!  NOW I’m a fonuts fan, that they’re willing to publicly dump Duggars!  

Did jing take down the jingerbread fonuts post on her IG too?

Yea, she deleted it. But this little gem is still on Jerm's page. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
Just now, absnow54 said:

So it looks like they have two options if they want to make it as influencers out in LA. They become open minded and tolerant Christians, denounce all the hate they're associated with, and donate to causes that support LGBT and women. Or, they accept that they'll only be partnering with Chick fil a from now on. 

Don’t forget hobby lobby where Jana gets all her Joanna Gaines inspired artwork and decorator items. 

• Love 20
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

So only moms can go the event? 

I assume minkoff merchandise is pricey.

I think "Christian wife, mommy" -- the first implies the second, I guess -- is Jingle's new branding. So, you know, when you've got a brand you're supposed to go with it in all your marketing. 

I'm sure the publicist was involved in her current tagline -- Christian wife, mommy, lover of all things classical. 

Don't know what she means by the third. I assume they chose it because she plays classical piano and it sounds "classy," or something. I doubt she's reading classics -- except for the KJV, I suppose -- or has a jones for Corinthian columns or anything. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2019 at 1:37 PM, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20191129-213421_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c0dd752256d598d39b6bc37e5e04c20f.jpg

Wonder how much she's getting paid for this appearance. 

“Fōnuts”? How is an o with a macron pronounced? 

I predict Jinger and Jeremy contorting themselves into interesting theological positions in order to make it in LA. If it’s a choice between go back to bumfuck or have a gay friend, Jinger would probably go with the gay friend.

Edited by kokapetl
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

Fonuts is a trendy item that will probably be out of business as quickly as it rose to "success".  These hipster food & retail places pop up like mushrooms after a rain storm, and die just as quickly. 

The Cronuts trend is pretty dead, cupcake shops everywhere have failed, and there's no end of specialty, eco/socially conscious/sustainable/locavore blah, blah, blah fad food shops that have crashed & burned. 

That shop did show themselves to be especially cruel and unprofessional in the way they burned Jinger.  Obviously their greed in getting publicity overrode their background research skills.  

• Love 20

I agree the business should have vetted Jingle...but it’s really partly due to the Duggars bullshitting the public via TLC for all these years. The hateful, draconian parts of their faith were covered over with a thick layer of supposedly wholesome fun family values. Now RFP and by extension Jinger are doing the same thing. 

I am glad they fired whatever marketing company hooked them up with Jinger. A big part of this is on them, too.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Jeremy's beliefs are all about what's going to get him where he wants to be financially. Not that I think he's secretly progressive or anything, just that he doesn't really care much about anything enough to have principles, and everything he proclaims to believe will fall to the wayside when he thinks a different path will work out better for him.

This is perfection.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don’t think the shop was particularly cruel and unprofessional at all. They stood up against hatred and bigotry, imo, and that’s to be commended.

And realistically they did hire a talent agency to find a partner. The onus is on the talent agency to find someone that meets the brand's values. That's what they are paid for. How stupid do you have to be to not realize a vegan donut shop in LA likely does not line up with the Vuolos' belief system? The talent agency thought they could pull a fast one on the shop and it failed. Lesson learned for everyone involved. 

It will be very interesting to see where Jing and Jeremy go from here. As someone previously pointed out, they won't be able to cut it as influencers in LA unless they dive headfirst into liberal Christianity. The rest of the clan can get away with shilling on IG and keeping their hateful beliefs for the most part. Jeremy has been trying to build a "brand" since the day he expressed interest in Jinger. He seems very disorganized in how he is going about it though. 

I am very surprised Prop doesn't have her own IG account though. A lot of reality show influencers are setting up IG accounts for their infants and toddlers now to shill more stuff.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I am very surprised Prop doesn't have her own IG account though. A lot of reality show influencers are setting up IG accounts for their infants and toddlers now to shill more stuff.

Oh dear god. That is absolutely horrible.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh dear god. That is absolutely horrible.

Jess and Cody from BB19/The Amazing Race have one for their infant daughter. Mind you Cody is a reprehensible POS that would fit in with the Duggars and Jess is thirsty for any crumb of fame after moving away from LA.

I think some of the Real Housewives have them too. I used to adore Kandi until she set up an IG for her newborn son. Ugh. 

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It is surely obvious at this point that far too many people know who the Duggars and Vuolos really are and will speak out immediately against any effort to sanitize them.

Best news I've heard in weeks. ☺️

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jess and Cody from BB19/The Amazing Race have one for their infant daughter. Mind you Cody is a reprehensible POS that would fit in with the Duggars and Jess is thirsty for any crumb of fame after moving away from LA.

I think some of the Real Housewives have them too. I used to adore Kandi until she set up an IG for her newborn son. Ugh. 

I do see the logic of setting up your infant's social media accounts if you are a celebrity in any capacity.  They do need to get the name locked down before some "fan" creates an account.  And then use it the bare minimum to keep the account current or whatever the term in social media parlance.  Posting on it all the time is going too far, but there are reasons why you would do it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
56 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do see the logic of setting up your infant's social media accounts if you are a celebrity in any capacity.  They do need to get the name locked down before some "fan" creates an account.  And then use it the bare minimum to keep the account current or whatever the term in social media parlance.  Posting on it all the time is going too far, but there are reasons why you would do it.  

Oh there are totally reasons for it and I understand why someone like Kandi does it for her kids. Kandi Burruss is more than a reality TV personality. She is actually a bona fide minor celebrity. I don't like that the IG accounts are public though. It feels very exploitative to have their entire life documented ASAP. 

It's D-list reality stars selling out their kids for click$ that get me though. Your 15 minutes is up and your kid is not a prop or an influencer. Thank u, next. 

(Do I say that louder for the Duggars in the back?)

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Just saw some screenshots. Jinger (and Jeremy) have been scrubbed from the Minkoff event. Minkoff says they will still have the Toys for Tots drive. Jinger deleted the Minkoff pic from her feed.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20

It could have been Jinger's side that canceled Minkoff after the fonut debacle. It's hard to tell who who dumped whom in this instance. The Minkoff post just said that they were no longer appearing.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, SMama said:

Getting dissed by a Scientologist does not bode well for their influencer dreams. Too bad neither will understand that it is about their horrific beliefs.  I wonder if Jeremy will publicly whine about Christian persecution. It would be wonderful if they keep getting dropped or better, not hired at all.

Yeah, I wonder how they'll respond. Jinger, in her capacity as a Duggar, hasn't really done well with brands so far -- the organic grocery dropped her and other Duggars quite a while ago, after a very brief fling. And Skillshare picked Jinger up briefly -- but that didn't seem to go anywhere, although I wonder whether that was dropped mainly because her followers weren't buying anything from Skillshare because they don't really aspire to be photographers like Jingle. 

The Calvinist press and the European suit emporium seem to be sort of long-term deals for Jer. But it makes perfect sense for the Calvinists. And the European company probably has few customers who know or care anything about Duggars or The Masters Seminary or whatever. 

They're obviously trying hard now to move on from free one-off lunches and cups of fancy caffeine at local restaurants to bigger arrangements like having your own donut flavor at a small chain. But you need to work with companies where the branding matches and with which you share values. Otherwise, nothing longer-term than a free lunch will work. ....

I suppose they've naively assumed that living in LA and wearing shorts mean your values align with those of other shorts-wearers around you. But now they're seeing that's not so  -- especially when you're not an influencer who just loves desserts and is a bit of a dessert connoisseur but you're a "celebrity" influencer who's famous because of your unusual values. Time for a new plan. 

I wonder what kind of dumb-ass publicist took them on without carefully thinking through how you engineer partnerships for people whose beliefs are not just way out of the mainstream but are considered rotten by many people, particularly in the area in which they live. .... And whether they shared a publicist with the bakery.......who then hooked up a couple of his clients without thinking about the values and brands of either.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I came across a profile for Shawn Johnson's daughter. Posts since she wasn't even born

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The publicist is working overtime to cover up the Duggar in Jinger but forgets who her followers are. She may now look like a sophisticated, wealthy and well dressed woman but those type of women aren't her followers. Their "wealth" is grifted and her fame comes from the Duggar name. She would do much better in Texas shilling companies like Shitrus and Lemon and Jeremy needs to give up on his little dream of becoming MacArthur's next top model. 

Minkoff's website says Jinger wouldn't be attending due to personal issues, I guess she was the one who called it off.

Edited by Lunera
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Minkoff's website says Jinger wouldn't be attending due to personal issues, I guess she was the one that called it of.

Not necessarily? It’s a way for both sides to save face, IMO...

8 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jeremy needs to give up on his little dream of becoming MacArthur's next top model. 

I love this so very, very much....

• Love 24