Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

My guess is went like this...

RFP: “Simon! Can we take a picture?”

SC: (Oh FFS. Let’s get this over with.) “Fine.”

RFP: “I’m Jeremy Vuolo! This is MY wife Jinger Duggar, from TV, like you!”

SC: (Never heard of either of you, wanker boy. Run along.)”Ummm hmmm, sure,  good-bye.”

That's about the size of it.

Although I expect Jer initially got close up by calling on his and Simon's mutual knowledge of Cade Foehner and Gabby Barrett. 

Jer's well aware of the "climbing" aspect of social climbing. Gotta use somebody else as a ladder to get where you want to go. (see, Laredo job, procured for him by Dad; Seminary Golden Boy Position, procured for him by Jinger Duggar's social-media and tv following).

That's his superpower, I think. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That boy has ZERO shame.

I wonder if Jinger has any capacity for embarrassment, given that she was raised by Ma and Pa Shameless.

No, I think she is a willing and enthusiastic accomplice, because to her grifting for free stuff and showing off in public is as natural as breathing.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

No, I think she is a willing and enthusiastic accomplice, because to her grifting for free stuff and showing off in public is as natural as breathing.

Also, I'm sure that she and the other Duggars did a lot of that posing for photos with people who attended events where they appeared, or saw them on TV and encountered them when out and about. In that case the others sought the photo opp. This time she's the asker not the askee, but it's sure to be a familiar situation to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That's about the size of it.

Although I expect Jer initially got close up by calling on his and Simon's mutual knowledge of Cade Foehner and Gabby Barrett. 

Jer's well aware of the "climbing" aspect of social climbing. Gotta use somebody else as a ladder to get where you want to go. (see, Laredo job, procured for him by Dad; Seminary Golden Boy Position, procured for him by Jinger Duggar's social-media and tv following).

Didn't Simon leave AI some years ago? He wouldn't know who Cade and Gabby are.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

you could see this all coming with Jer & JIng moving to LA and having met with Jer and Auj roloff just prior.

Jer roloff is probably dying because he is so losing in this round of who markets their family better.

• Love 5
On 8/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, Lunera said:

They sure love kissing each others ass.

This guy is such a Cade, Gabby and JerMe fangirl. About half the pics he has posted are with at least one of them. 

Looks like Steve Carell circa 2030, replete with plastic surgery, boot polish hair, and dentures. 

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

JerME did an Instagram story of the 3 at a chili cook-off in Malibu, and they met Simon Cowell there. I’m surprised how small Simon is. 

9405E24E-2462-49EE-AC24-BEC922A993B6.jpeg

Just me, but Cowell doesn't look super tiny in that picture to me. Isn't Jeremy 6'2"/6'3"? Cowell looks like an average height guy standing next to someone tall. Standing about that level is usually an indication of a 4.5-5 inch height difference, so I assume Cowell is about 5'9." (Guessing heights is one of my weirder hobbies. LOL)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, but i'm sure he still responds when somebody says they know somebody from American Idol or any other show he's been that involved in. And I'm absolutely sure that Jer would mention the show and his friendship with people on it -- I mean, you know, networking 101. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

IIRC, Simon's split from AI was pretty acrimonious. I doubt he has any fucks to give about its contestants. He posed for a picture with some fans as far as he was concerned.

Yeah, but I haven't  said a word about what Cowell did. I'm sure he's pissed when he has to meet any fans.

I'm talking about the way I think Jeremy introduced himself. And I don't think Jer ever misses a chance to reference people he knows when he meets somebody else. Especially when the people he knows are famous (to any degree)!

And, yeah, Cowell walked off the show grumpily, but he does everything grumpily. And he wouldn't refuse to pose next to somebody because they mentioned it! He created the show -- worldwide -- after all. And he knows that since he left it's lost a lot of audience share -- which I'm sure makes him prouder than ever of what it was like when he was involved with it. 

But, again, I'm talking about Jeremy the name dropper. Not Cowell. 

Here's what Jer wrote on a photo with Cade and Gabby a while ago --" I think it’s time we are honest with all of you: @cadefoehner and @gabbybarrett_ have been giving me and @jingervuolo voice lessons for our 2020 @americanidol audition. We’ll be performing as a folk-jazz duet w/ Felicity making an appearance on the clarinet. I feel better now that I’ve let you know."

And notice what he put on the photo with Cowell this weekend: "Next step: Formal audition."

No way he didn't talk about this as he introduced himself to the guy. He fancies himself a humorist, you know! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, but i'm sure he still responds when somebody says they know somebody from American Idol or any other show he's been that involved in. 

At this point, who doesn’t know somebody who was involved in Idol?

Besides, this is Simon Cowell, who is not known for sufferance of fools. I’m surprised he didn’t tell them to piss off.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Besides, this is Simon Cowell, who is not known for sufferance of fools. I’m surprised he didn’t tell them to piss off.

Maybe he did the British version of the south's  " Well bless your heart, isn't that nice". Not sure what that would be but I bet they have one.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well, the look on Cowell's face kind of says exactly that, doesn't it? I expect that's Cowell's go-to look for being photographed with pushy strangers. 

Jer, though, is obviously thrilled with Cade's and Gabby's teevee fame. As is Mahoney, apparently. And MacArthur. And I don't believe that Jer ever neglects to drop any name he can think of anywhere any time anyhow! 

(I don't know anybody who's made it onto Idol, though, as far as I know....So there's at least one of us out here! )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Maybe he did the British version of the south's  " Well bless your heart, isn't that nice". Not sure what that would be but I bet they have one.

I believe it’s, “off you go.”

10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know anybody who's made it onto Idol, though, as far as I know....So there's at least one of us out here! )

Eh, I was thinking more along the lines of, “my cousin-in-law’s stepdaughter’s manicurist auditioned for you in Sacramento season 6!!!!” But your standards are higher. 😁

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

A lot of celebrities were at the event J & J were at. The lovely Simon was actually there with his wife and son. I wonder how many other celebrities they accosted along the way.

At least it was likely a humbling experience for J & J, as I'm guessing none of the celebrities know who they are.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A lot of celebrities were at the event J & J were at. The lovely Simon was actually there with his wife and son. I wonder how many other celebrities they accosted along the way.

At least it was likely a humbling experience for J & J, as I'm guessing none of the celebrities know who they are.

Something tells me Jer might still believe that he really really impressed some of those people!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, the look on Cowell's face kind of says exactly that, doesn't it? I expect that's Cowell's go-to look for being photographed with pushy strangers. 

Jer, though, is obviously thrilled with Cade's and Gabby's teevee fame. As is Mahoney, apparently. And MacArthur. And I don't believe that Jer ever neglects to drop any name he can think of anywhere any time anyhow! 

(I don't know anybody who's made it onto Idol, though, as far as I know....So there's at least one of us out here! )

I saw AI and thought Artificial Intelligence.  So this badly aging Cowell person is responsible for Kelly Clarkson?  After seeing her pictures in Parade magazine this morning, she needs to fire her stylist immediately!

As for Jing and Jer,  he carries the prop while she is burdened with the backpack.  Typical.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Jinger has a "learning" section in her stories on IG. She's doing an ad for Audibles.

Could someone recommend "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" or "Little Women" or "Anne of Green Gables" or at least "Pippi Longstocking" to Jinger for her fall reading list?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 19
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Simon is now a judge on the show America's Got Talent.  

BTW, why isn't the Rev Fancy Pants home studying? I know a person has to eat but their eating out is an all day affair.  

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

BTW, why isn't the Rev Fancy Pants home studying? I know a person has to eat but their eating out is an all day affair.  

Because he's been promised a free degree (with cheap housing and lots of social opportunities) no matter what? (Plus, he's not actually interested in studying?) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Simon is now a judge on the show America's Got Talent.  

He should have a 3 day weekend, so taking one of those days to have some fun seems reasonable.   It's not like her has to clean the house, or cook, or go to the grocery store, or do laundry,  etc.  

• Love 2

RFP could not be painting a bigger target on his back with his fellow students. If they’re paying tuition and working their asses off while he’s spending his weekends doing the ‘gram, sucking down free food and lodging and yet magically passing...something is way off. Maybe RFP is a whole lot smarter than I give him credit for, but Greek and Latin are not easy subjects. 

We’ve seen him post with one book one time? 

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He should have a 3 day weekend, so taking one of those days to have some fun seems reasonable.   It's not like her has to clean the house, or cook, or go to the grocery store, or do laundry,  etc.  

He knew what he was doing when he married a Duggar. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yet, we've haven't really seen evidence of a Duggar female that can cook and clean very well.

Well, they may not be very good at it.

But unlike with a lot of us other renegade women, there seems no danger they'll go off and do anything else that would take up their time. Besides, the mediocre cooking is probably more than made up for by all the  upward gazing. 😁

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

We’ve seen him post with one book one time? 

And we all know how much Jeremy loves to pose with his books! Maybe Jeremy is too distracted by Beckett from the third row, because Beckett has better bow-ties than Jeremy.

Maybe it is me being cynical, but seeing how fame hungry Jeremy is, I doubt he would have looked in Jinger's direction if she did not have they level of fame that she does. He probably does care for her in some way, but I think he cares way more about famewhoring.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 13

Jeremy had a taste of mainstream life, veered off track a wee bit, and fell back into his beliefs full force at the urging of his father.

I, for one, think he would still be playing soccer if he was able to make a career of it.

What do you all think about the Duggar kidults? Do you think if they veered off track, they would return to their Gothard ways? I don't mean veering off track as in being a cheating asshole, I mean pulling away from family, living independently and tucking the fear of God away, for the most part.

Edited by GeeGolly
Because as Scarlet 45 pointed out, Jer plays soccer, not hockey!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

@GeeGolly FYI Jeremy played soccer not hockey. 

Yes, he had a chance to be wild and have fun (not actually wild, but by conservative Christian standards), see the error of his ways and land himself a pretty virgin bride with no “baggage”.

I think without the show, fame and money most of the kids would’ve tip toed way from Gothard if only a little bit and been more mainstream but conservative Christian. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy had a taste of mainstream life, veered off track a wee bit, and fell back into his beliefs full force at the urging of his father.

I, for one, think he would still be playing hockey if he was able to make a career of it.

What do you all think about the Duggar kidults? Do you think if they veered off track, they would return to their Gothard ways? I don't mean veering off track as in being a cheating asshole, I mean pulling away from family, living independently and tucking the fear of God away, for the most part.

Honestly, I think most would go back. Family is a strong pull, and when your entire social net is your family and people who move in their circle, it's going to be emotionally tough (and lets not even get into financially) to stick out true independence. And as toxic as that family is, I do think they're more stable and have more relative freedom than a lot of people in that belief system. Once the loneliness really kicks in, unless they have a really strong support system, they'll go back even if it means faking their beliefs.

• Love 5
On 9/1/2019 at 5:29 PM, Oldernowiser said:

The expression on Simon’s face did it for him 😉

On 9/1/2019 at 5:42 PM, Churchhoney said:

You beat me too it. Great minds...

• Love 7

Maybe Jeremy is the same kind of student I was. Taking everything really (too) easy during the semester and then studying in panic mode at the end of the semester shortly before the exams. I wouldn't advise doing it this way but I need the pressure and panic and it worked. I probably could have had better grades but at least I enjoyed life and the big city during my time at university. I guess he is the same and as long as I don't know that he is failing in school I won't judge him for enjoying his life and new opportunities as much as he can. 

• Love 8