Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Saints And Sinners

• Start Topic

Craig actually said he had never been to California before not just LA. I found it surprisin simply because he appears to have famewhore tendencies and that type usually tries to make it to this coast.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Though I don't dig JD's "Southern Gentleman" act, I do agree with him about Thomas getting that paternity test, because as Kanye said, "I ain't saying she's a gold-digger but...."

Even though I said that, I find Kathryn beautiful WITHOUT make up.  There's something fresh and naturally pretty about her face without all that paint on it.  She's a pretty young woman who should realize that even though Thomas might marry her, he'll never be faithful and she'll be made out to be a screaming shrew and Thomas will be that "good old boy."  

Craig is a fool, he has no idea how the world works.  If you have a job then YES you might not be able to go on vacation when you want, that's called life.  

I might not agree with you a lot, but this post was right on the money. I truly believe that Kathryn loves Thomas in her own jacked up way, but he literally drives her to the brink of insanity. Love can only get so far when one is constantly unfaithful. She comes off looking like an angry fool while Thomas is just Thomas to everyone around them. 

I think she thought she could change his ways, but that didn't happen. He was all for her until she had Kensie and then things went downhill from there. She wasn't the same Kathryn she was before and he was done. As much as he wanted kids, he didn't want the life that goes along with it. 

• Love 5

They went all the way to LA to go to a night club?  Because they don't have those in Charleston or Ubers?

OK going out is one thing but getting so plastered that you can't do anything else the next say other than to call in a masseuse?

Production must have had a tight budget, didn't want to get licenses to shoot anywhere else than at Whitneys house and the club.

Or they arranged a hasty trip just to have this fake conflict about the bourbon event.  As Dani said, the whiskey and celebrity label liquor business has taken off.  JD is probably hoping exposure on the show and notoriety on the show will help boost sales for awhile.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, scrb said:

They went all the way to LA to go to a night club?  Because they don't have those in Charleston or Ubers?

OK going out is one thing but getting so plastered that you can't do anything else the next say other than to call in a masseuse?

Production must have had a tight budget, didn't want to get licenses to shoot anywhere else than at Whitneys house and the club.

Or they arranged a hasty trip just to have this fake conflict about the bourbon event.  As Dani said, the whiskey and celebrity label liquor business has taken off.  JD is probably hoping exposure on the show and notoriety on the show will help boost sales for awhile.

To me, they didn't seem to be at a club.  It looked like a party at a private home.

As for Craig's LA "vacation", I've bern thinking along the same lines.  Remember, Craig has two jobs:  Gentry and BravoTV.  If production tells him they want him in LA, he's heading for the coast, J.D. be damned!

Also, I've never seen College of Charleston be initialized as TCC.  It's always CoC or CofC.  

• Love 4

Since he seems more interested in being on TV than doing anything else, that's usually where people go to see what's available.

Sure he's aimless now that he’s on TV – but was Craig interested in TV before this show came along?

Did he seek it out to make it happen? Or did he happen to know Shep, who was asked through Whitney to be on the show and someone suggested Craig and he said, “sure, why not?”

• Love 1

I don't think it matters if they went to a club or a 'party'.  It was lame.  And that's on producer 'Whit'.    I say that because, IMO, Whit is continuously trying to prove he's a cool guy.  He's not.  The guys being in LA didn't make a bit of difference on the show. 

42 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

To me, they didn't seem to be at a club.  It looked like a party at a private home.

As for Craig's LA "vacation", I've bern thinking along the same lines.  Remember, Craig has two jobs:  Gentry and BravoTV.  If production tells him they want him in LA, he's heading for the coast, J.D. be damned!

Also, I've never seen College of Charleston be initialized as TCC.  It's always CoC or CofC.  

I guess it depends where you're from.  In my neck of the woods and I know a number of my kid's friends who have gone there, it's TCC.  Maybe it has to do with the sailing program because that's a major part of their interest of going there.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, DeepRed said:

Re Craig's amusing/not amusing Whitney, I know a few upper crusties who refer to people as amusing or boring, and they don't use those words the way we would.  Amusing people seem to run the gamut from, well, amusing, to pleasant to be around, being good at small talk, being socially appropriate etc.  Boring people are boring, tedious, too ridiculous to waste time talking about etc.

ETA thanks, esco.

sorry, double post.

9 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
(edited)

I like JD. His comment about Kathryn pushing up the due date was just him clueless about how it works. Moms don't pick the due date, the doctor does. A doctor would never change the date so someone isn't able to go to a party. Duh.

The Gentry Bourbon is for sale at a few stores in Charleston and area restaurants. I thought it was interesting that it was at Husk, which I thought was a pretty picky place in terms of what products they sell.

It's interesting that he can be friends with Thomas, given that Thomas is such a playboy and so fancy free, and it causes  no conflicts with his wife and family. If I were Elizabeth, I probably wouldn't want my husband hanging out with Thomas (but I'm fine with Whitney, go figure), but I'm sure they have some major history. Then again, the most they do is sit out in the yard and drink. Whitney is the one that takes Thomas out. I wonder if it were up to Thomas--- what would he do? I can see him drinking at a polo club and hooking up with someone there (like a Jennifer). He doesn't seem to have much affinity for "regular" women, by his condescending comments that he meets in public places. 

I think Craig is over it with JD. He has an office, and it appears he can drink bourbon at work, but then he did give JD money to pay him with. That part makes no sense. Isn't any "job" that you have to pay money to have... uh, a scam? Something to go humm.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, DeepRed said:

Re Craig's amusing/not amusing Whitney, I know a few upper crusties who refer to people as amusing or boring, and they don't use those words the way we would.  Amusing people seem to run the gamut from, well, amusing, to pleasant to be around, being good at small talk, being socially appropriate etc.  Boring people are boring, tedious, too ridiculous to waste time talking about etc.

ETA thanks, esco.

Well, I thought Count Chocula was being extremely condescending & supremely pretentious & pretty freakin' vicious with that "amusing" comment.  OK, sure, Craig is a ridiculous buffoon/fool/moron.  But lemme get this straight -- the only reason Chocula "tolerates" Craig's presence is because he's "amused" by him?  What the fuckety fuck?  Craig ain't Seinfeld doing a comedy routine.  He's just being himself.  So that means Whit is laughing at him for being himself?  Sheesh, that is so cruel & nasty & ick on so many levels, I just can't.  Eh, I don't believe it anyway.  Still think Craigie-poo gives Whit a boner.  I know -- gross.  Just sayin' that could be the real reason he's "tolerated" Craig's presence.  

And btw, is he "amused" by Horseteeth too?  I mean, his sleeping till 6 every day & the Charlie Manson crazy hair makes me wanna vomit, but hey, that's me.  Maybe a creepy ghoul like Whitney might find that amusing -- or even hot!  Seems to get Snowflake goin'.

• Love 6
(edited)

I know several people who have chosen their induction dates, my sister joked about how many times she changed her induction date health reasons made the doctors want to induce but it was seriously she controlled the date and was given a two week time frame. I also side eye the birth weight of St. because of the rumors of her parting during her pregnancy.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I know several people who have chosen their induction dates, my sister joked about how many times she changed her induction date health reasons made the doctors want to induce but it was seriously she controlled the date and was given a two week time frame. I also side eye the birth weight of St. because of the rumors of her parting during her pregnancy.

This.  

Is it really that unheard of? Women I know have asked to be induced early and as long as the baby  is healthy and fully developed, the  Dr's are fine with  it.

I'm not saying Kathryn did or didn't request an early delivery,  but it's done.  I don't think it's ridiculous for JD or anyone else to question what Kathryn does.  She can be manipulative. Not that Thomas is an innocent. Just saying. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, NYCFree said:

By the way, my family loves to travel and the only time I've been to LA was for a few days when I was 11 (I'm 49 now). My husband's been to five continents and hasn't ever gone to L.A.

I'm 51 and the only time I've been to LA was connecting through LAX on my way to and from Hawai'i.

That's how I know it as well.  My ex father-in-law was a professor there and it was always CofC to him.

• Love 4

That vomit near the hot tub looked like a crime scene Olivia Benson would investigate.  All I could wonder was "who is going to clean that up??"  I had a huge crush on Shep the first season.  Smart, cute, funny and self-deprecating.  Shep:  Stop trolling and bragging about it and get a haircut.  And Cameron:  Your famewhore is showing.  I used to be a slave to RHNW and RHBH, but I had to give them up due to the constant turmoil and cast members.  I fear Southern Charm will be next.  Finally.....JD is a blowhard pompous ass who looks like he could burst at any moment.  This show used to be fun.  What happened?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think Craig is over it with JD. He has an office, and it appears he can drink bourbon at work, but then he did give JD money to pay him with. That part makes no sense. Isn't any "job" that you have to pay money to have... uh, a scam? Something to go humm.

Depends on the structure of their contract. Craig initially explained it as buying into JD's company but because he had such a small amount of money to invest in the company, he was making up the difference with this labour. To me, that sounds like Craig is a small investor (maybe 5 %) so the labour is so that he can also get a salary as well so that the income is consistent. OR they could have agreed that Craig's money + labour will amount to a larger % of the company profit.

Not sure how highly Craig ranks on the streets smarts scale, but I would hope that someone who wants to be a lawyer would be able to recognize a contract structure that is a scam!

I did get a laugh when he said that he had never had a job where he it prevented him from going on vacation. For one, how many jobs exactly have you had Craig? And further to that, welcome to the world of corporate investment/entrepreneurship - you sometimes sacrifice a vacation (or work while on vacation) to get the job done because you know it directly affects your bottom line. I don't think this was a situation of Craig choosing to fulfill Bravo duties over his job responsibilities because the phone conversation with JD indicated that Craig had gone MIA for a week when he was expected to provide follow-up information to a client/partner. He wasn't in LA for a week (at least I don't think so) which tells me that Craig doesn't know how to make a check-list because he claimed that he had everything in order before he went to LA and that wasn't true.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I'm 51 and the only time I've been to LA was connecting through LAX on my way to and from Hawai'i.

That's how I know it as well.  My ex father-in-law was a professor there and it was always CofC to him.

ha ha whoops then I stand corrected - I HAVE been to LA before as well.  On my stopover from Dulles to Maui!  :) 

I smell the stinky, heavy hands of Bravo all over this season. Just one example: Craig tweeted that they filmed him asking JD for permission to go to LA and JD gave him his blessing. Look, I think Craig is a nitwit but even I don't think that he's as stupid as Bravo is painting it. Bravo: just give these clowns alcohol and then film them. They're entertaining enough without the manufactured storylines.

• Love 10

The way T-Rav and Kathryn were giving each other the goo-goo eyes on Induction Eve, I though for sure they'd conceive their next kid if she weren't already pregnant. Seriously, they were living versions of the heart eye emojis. ??

i thought JD was implying that Kathyn had always been lying about her due date and just now she's having the baby "early" to cover the lie. That she got impregnated by some dude, 3 weeks later (maybe when she found out she was pregnant) she slept with Thomas, lied and said her due date was actual due date + 3 weeks in case T-Rav did the math. I don't think she did that, but that's what I think JD was saying.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Babyfoot said:

I smell the stinky, heavy hands of Bravo all over this season. Just one example: Craig tweeted that they filmed him asking JD for permission to go to LA and JD gave him his blessing. Look, I think Craig is a nitwit but even I don't think that he's as stupid as Bravo is painting it. Bravo: just give these clowns alcohol and then film them. They're entertaining enough without the manufactured storylines.

I assume anything Bravo related will have some degree of production manipulation but Craig's tweet is just glossing over the heart of the matter. Would JD have been upset about LA if Craig had gotten his shit done before he left? Probably not. Would JD have been increasingly annoyed had he been able to get a hold of Craig to sort out details while Craig was in LA? Probably not. Would JD have been taken to the brink had Craig had any semblance of responsibility to wake up a bit early to come help with the event set up? Again, unlikely. I can understand that he was sick, but being real, who here hasn't gotten out of bed to get shit done even when they felt like crap? And his sickness was self-inflicted - suck it up and make good on your commitments. JD making any issue of Craig going to LA was likely (and understandably) driven by Craig's inability to balance his responsibilities knowing about the event and the LA trip.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Again I forgot to check Twitter last night! Can they do paternity tests before a child is born? I get Kathryn's annoyance but that was a total storyline and she should know better and not be upset, although I guess Thomas wouldn't have told her that he and JD were filmed chatting about it. He knows she would have blown a fuse at the time, and he was working hard to keep her BP down. She's likely to get a few more nasty surprises this season.

Yes, there is a non-invasive blood test. I assumed Kathryn made sure the due date was moved up so that it would be included in their filming schedule (air time, glorious air time!), either by demanding it directly from her doctor or by deliberately ignoring the bed rest orders so that the doctor would be concerned enough about her health to move it up on his/her own. But I'm pretty cynical about our hillbilly femme fatale. Either that, or it was never changed and this is just another fake storyline courtesy of the producers.

I was surprised Craig had never been to L.A. because I thought he was a model.

Shep harassing the professional massage therapist was really, really, REALLY gross. As well as the way he went through that party looking at women like they were items at a sushi bar. "I'll take THAT one!" And the cavalier remark that people take work too seriously. He can join Patricia in the timeout corner, imo.

• Love 2

*Oh, Cutie Pie Kensie.  Li'l toddler giggling all the while looking at her mom--THE Nanny.                        

*Thought it hilarious when Shep so earnestly declared that ALTHOUGH both he and his  family are from the  hard-core South, they most certainly are not provincial ( LOL❗).                              

*J.D. and Whitney are not concerned about po' bamboozled condomless Thomas being possibly victimized by Scarlet Letter Kathryn. They are aghast at the possibility that:                                                                                             1. THEY may no longer have TRav as their main entrè to the power-holding and privileged South Carolinians.                                                   2. THEY may have to attempt going 'a tHOmasING' without him as lead lecher.                      

*And, according to Twhitney, Craig is the jester to "ze Royal Court of Fame'ho's and Delusional Dames and Dud[e]s'.

• Love 3

I think without T-Rav going along and making outdated pick up lines on surrounding females in club or party situations, producers were looking for a storyline in LA.  Oh let's pretend Craig played hooky from work. 

Watching Kathryn and the Kinsy with Thomas the night before her brother's birth was too cute.   Baby girl likes the cameras!  Whatever the reason for Kathryn and Thomas' inability to come to an accord they make beautiful babies.  Kathryn never really gives a reason why Thomas has not seen the children since February.  She doesn't make a lot of sense and is incredibly tied to the money aspect.  Now that number two has arrived I suggest she finish her fourth year at USC (I assume that is University of South Carolina and University of Southern California.  http://www.realitytea.com/2016/06/01/kathryn-dennis/  Sometimes when she tells the tales I think she is credibly other times I think she shades things to the point she lacks credulity.  Whitney comes off pretty creepy, like a sleazy Hollywood producer using the casting couch. 

If all Whitney wanted was an aging Playboy type-aren't there plenty available in the area? I would think there are ones other than T-Rav.  news for Kathryn, that would not mold Thomas into the man you think you want.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

For a woman having a c-section I could see this but an NVD (normal vag delivery) patient insisting on a 3 week early induction for a non life-threatening reason, uh, no.  It just doesn't work that way.    It just doesn't work that way.

9 hours ago, imjagain said:

This.  

Is it really that unheard of? Women I know have asked to be induced early and as long as the baby  is healthy and fully developed, the  Dr's are fine with  it.

I'm not saying Kathryn did or didn't request an early delivery,  but it's done.  I don't think it's ridiculous for JD or anyone else to question what Kathryn does.  She can be manipulative. Not that Thomas is an innocent. Just saying. 

I was a nurse in the maternity ward/NICU for over a decade and I don't know of one physician worth his salt agreeing to bump up a delivery date for a patient who is having an NVD when the baby/mom isn't at risk, you know, "just because".  Doctors don't dole out pitocin like candy and which physician's going to put his medical reputation on the line (not to mention risking a possible multi-million dollar lawsuit if something goes wrong down the line!!) just because the mother "feels like it".  Nah, I just don't see it and I have never heard of something like that HOWEVER I have not been a practicing nurse for 5 years so maybe things have changed.

Even when I had my last child I developed high blood pressure about a week before my due date.  I was delivering normally (no c-section).  My physician (who I knew very well because we were co-workers) said to me "Pitocin induction today or pitocin induction tomorrow.  Make your choice."  My high blood pressure wasn't that bad and I tried to negotiate for a few more days time-wise (and I had some pull with the doctors!) and I couldn't even get a few extra days. I wanted a few extra days because my mom was flying down for the birth but her flight was later in the week.

I just can't imagine the "Kathryn's Evil Plot" scenario.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 13
(edited)

RemBERT is a one traffic stop li'l town right near Sumter(no, not Fort Sumter in Charleston) S.C.  It's near[ish] Columbia and Florence, S.C.

Edited by BookElitist
malfunctioning phone
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2016 at 11:30 AM, selhars said:

This entire episode was full of a whole lot of BS.

Speaking about the event, Craig said he thought he had everything set up and organized before he left for L.A.

I wondered exactly "WHAT" he thought he'd organized. Because the launch didn't look that big to me. It looked like a side event flop, to me. If J.D. himself was there setting up then Craig didn't do squat. J.D. called someone else and asked them to do it. And it looked like it was thrown together at that….like the launch at the race may have been planned, but the actual launch LOGISTICS were practically an afterthought. J.D. is definitely trying to use the exposure on the show to his benefit as much as he can. But since producers have the say on filming skeds and edits he can't get but so much mileage out of it.

I think they got unexpected cold and windy weather so they had to change plans a little.  The organizer even basically said as such.   

So I think the weather made it seem like a mess.  They had to change plans at the last minute. Or they may have waited to set up until later hoping the weather would start to cooperate. 

Does anyone know if Kathryn grew up with a nanny?  I'm pretty sure the reason why we don't see her holding Kenzie much is because she's probably not allowed to lift anything over a certain weight.  But I wonder if Kathryn grew up with a nanny so to her that's how a mom is suppose to act? 

• Love 1

T&K are that couple that breaks up and run each other down to their friends and expect the friends to join in on the trash-talk.  And then-suprise!!-they are back together and all of a sudden it was the friend that was leading the trash-talking and how dare you have said that about the love of my life?! 

After seeing them together last night, I don't think they are done with each other and anyone who wants to have a friendship with either of them should probably just bite their tongue during this "off-again" phase.

• Love 2

Whitney comes off pretty creepy, like a sleazy Hollywood producer using the casting couch. 

I think Larissa fell for this and is waiting for her "big break". 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I think they got unexpected cold and windy weather so they had to change plans a little.  The organizer even basically said as such.   

So I think the weather made it seem like a mess.  They had to change plans at the last minute. Or they may have waited to set up until later hoping the weather would start to cooperate. 

Does anyone know if Kathryn grew up with a nanny?  I'm pretty sure the reason why we don't see her holding Kenzie much is because she's probably not allowed to lift anything over a certain weight.  But I wonder if Kathryn grew up with a nanny so to her that's how a mom is suppose to act? 

I don't know about a nanny but some posters are saying she's doing too much for someone on semi-bed rest and others are saying she never picks up Kensie so she's a bad mom. I figured one thing she's not supposed to do is lift up Kensie, so that's not "evidence" that's she's a bad or somehow detached mother. 

• Love 7
On May 31, 2016 at 2:05 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Oh, and Count Chocula saying how Craigie didn't "amuse" him as much anymore?  What the hell, you freakin' ghoul?  Damn, if he said this shit to me, it wouldn't go well for the creepy jerk.  I'm reminded of Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.  Nuff said.  Fuck off, Count Chocula.

From the way his "girlfriend" was so all over Craigie-poo & Horseteeth, she was lookin' mighty darn horny.  Maybe cuz she ain't gettin' nothin' from Chocula?  Well, hope not -- for her sake, that is.

Bwaaah! Ahhh, Scoobs~you never disappoint! 

• Love 1

Scenes with Whitney and Larissa are the creepiest. Do not want. I think Whitneys talking heads are usually humorous though. I don't mind him making fun of Craig and Kathryn.

Thomas and Kathryn's scene were somewhat cute and seemed the most real, especially in this episode. Obviously, Kathryn needs to move on from Thomad and it appears she has but I can't blame her for saying she wishes they were a family living together the day before she gives birth! I'm sure it was a very emotional time and it seems like they handled it well even if only for those couple days.  And those are probably the nicest things I've ever had to say about them lol!!!

what do they call the baby?? Saint??

Craig needs to get his shit together with work. I think some of it made up for the cameras but what made me think at least part of it was real was Danni's exasperation with him on the way to the race. She seem truly annoyed and we haven't seen her play things up for the cameras really. He better get it together before Naomi dumps him!

yuck to the Landon loves Shep storyline. Just no.

what happened to Jennifer where has she been??

• Love 2

I agree with everyone who said that Thomas and Kathryn were too cute and so not done. I got the feeling that Thomas is one of those eternally jealous men who don't want to be responsible but don't want any other man being responsible for his "family" either. I still think he'll marry her when he fears she'll move on for reals. Then he'll cheat over and over and she will and then they'll separate forever but never divorce...once she's not looking so great anymore. And he'll die young from drinking. Maybe I've watched too many melodramas and Tennessee Williams plays but that's how I see it.

I think this was the first time I didn't hate Thomas. That's saying a lot. He was kind of pathetic as he seems to want a family but he's a boozehound and a scumbag. That doesn't gibe with family man. Sorry. He'll be doomed to a life of regret.

The only one more pathetic is Whitney. He's nauseating. Vomit is not a sign of a good time for a fifty year old man. It's a sign of a man who doesn't get he's old and he's disgusting. He's the only man on the planet who makes Thomas look appealing. I really think Craig was right in that he was hurt by Kathryn's rejection  and is taking as all teen boys would- with anger and denial and crying to Mommy. 

He takes the cake as the most disgusting man in reality tv. That's saying a lot.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, beesknees said:

For a woman having a c-section I could see this but an NVD (normal vag delivery) patient insisting on a 3 week early induction for a non life-threatening reason, uh, no.  It just doesn't work that way.    It just doesn't work that way.

I was a nurse in the maternity ward/NICU for over a decade and I don't know of one physician worth his salt agreeing to bump up a delivery date for a patient who is having an NVD when the baby/mom isn't at risk, you know, "just because".  Doctors don't dole out pitocin like candy and which physician's going to put his medical reputation on the line (not to mention risking a possible multi-million dollar lawsuit if something goes wrong down the line!!) just because the mother "feels like it".  Nah, I just don't see it and I have never heard of something like that HOWEVER I have not been a practicing nurse for 5 years so maybe things have changed.

Even when I had my last child I developed high blood pressure about a week before my due date.  I was delivering normally (no c-section).  My physician (who I knew very well because we were co-workers) said to me "Pitocin induction today or pitocin induction tomorrow.  Make your choice."  My high blood pressure wasn't that bad and I tried to negotiate for a few more days time-wise (and I had some pull with the doctors!) and I couldn't even get a few extra days. I wanted a few extra days because my mom was flying down for the birth but her flight was later in the week.

I just can't imagine the "Kathryn's Evil Plot" scenario.

So much yes to this!!! I went 42 weeks naturally with my first. My doctor explained that I was extremely healthy and baby girl was extremely healthy so there was no need to induce and just let nature take its course. With my second child, he had kidney reflux and I had to go to Vanderbilt to measure his weight and kidneys. By 35 weeks, he was already at 8lbs. They expected him to be 10lbs or more by 40 weeks but there was never any talk about induction. I ended up having him at 37 weeks in 30 minutes and he was only 8lbs9oz. 

I have never known a doctor to induce based on patient discretion. I live in a military town where , if that were possible, it would make life so much easier and less stressful. 

I think most of this talk is for storyline purposes or due to the lack of knowledge of "birthing babies". These people all seem pretty clueless when it comes to raising children and giving birth. Landon might top the list. I feel like JD, while probably supportive, was not one of those spouses that was all up in the monthly doctor visits. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Yeah, and didn't stupid, clueless JD refer to the paternity test as a "paternal" test?  Bwah ha ha ha ha ha! Dumb ass.  What a colossal dip shit.  Landon, double dip shit.  All these conspiracy theories about Kathryn trying to "trick" T-Rav into thinking the baby is his by manipulating the due date, etc.  Which is horseshit.  Not to mention a non-factor and a moot point because a DNA test trumps all.  No manipulating that - it is all that counts.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, beesknees said:

Yeah, and didn't stupid, clueless JD refer to the paternity test as a "paternal" test?  Bwah ha ha ha ha ha! Dumb ass.  What a colossal dip shit.  Landon, double dip shit.  All these conspiracy theories about Kathryn trying to "trick" T-Rav into thinking the baby is his by manipulating the due date, etc.  Which is horseshit.  Not to mention a non-factor and a moot point because a DNA test trumps all.  No manipulating that - it is all that counts.

JD implying that Kathryn is trying to trick Thomas into thinking he's the father is the kind of thing that makes me standby. If I ever find myself in Charleston, I will do my damnedest to not patronize one of his businesses. It also speaks to his unbelievable cluelessness. Do you think it's the best idea to chastise a young woman for living her life outside your narrow view of morality on a network that has mainly very well educated women and gay men as their viewers? So even if JD's storyline this season is about being a good business man working with Craig the dipshit, all of this other stuff undercuts that and makes JD look like a garbage person.

Does anyone one remember part of last season's reunion when Whitney was trying to imply that Craig was gay because Craig would tweet at his gay fans and show up at their events? The men on this show have such retrograde ideas of masculinity. I'm surprised that Andy doesn't call them out more on this.

• Love 11

I personally think it's great that Craig is a non-homophobe and treats all of his fans equally.  Good for him.  I think Whitless is just jelly because he's sort of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  So many people already speculate that Whitney's gay and if Whit starts giving shout outs to any of his gay fans (if he even has any gay fans that thinks he's hot like Craig - HEE) viewers will take that as a confirmation that indeed Whit's gay and trying to hide it.

• Love 7
On 5/31/2016 at 6:05 AM, biakbiak said:

I love that once Craig realized Naomi thought he was full of shit he went to Kathryn even bowed out of his audition to be Captain Save A Ho*! 

*Based on a classic bravo quote, I don't think Kathryn is a whore.

"Captain Save-A-Hoe" is actually a Rap song from the mid 1990's by E-40. Though it has been mentioned many times on many shows, this is where the reference is from 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

JD implying that Kathryn is trying to trick Thomas into thinking he's the father is the kind of thing that makes me standby. If I ever find myself in Charleston, I will do my damnedest to not patronize one of his businesses. It also speaks to his unbelievable cluelessness. Do you think it's the best idea to chastise a young woman for living her life outside your narrow view of morality on a network that has mainly very well educated women and gay men as their viewers? So even if JD's storyline this season is about being a good business man working with Craig the dipshit, all of this other stuff undercuts that and makes JD look like a garbage person.

Does anyone one remember part of last season's reunion when Whitney was trying to imply that Craig was gay because Craig would tweet at his gay fans and show up at their events? The men on this show have such retrograde ideas of masculinity. I'm surprised that Andy doesn't call them out more on this.

I hear you, especially on the "retrograde ideas of masculinity" and the ways all the men except Craig treat/judge women.

I started watching this show in S1 and soon afterward reconnected with a friend from my high school days who is nearly a Thomas clone. So much of the behavior of the men on this show combined with conversations and interactions with "my" Thomas have totally reminded me why I moved away from the part of Virginia where I grew up. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

I am thinking if the 'paternal' test came up as even remotely questionable, we would probably have heard about it by now.

I am absolutely certain that NO ONE of those morons who accused Katherine will even consider apologizing for the accusation (though, to be fair, I haven't seen it made to her face yet).

I agree with the poster above:  if we can figure out what J.D. even remotely has any ownership of, it should be boycotted. 

This storyline isn't making anyone look good, so the sooner it is ended, the better.

• Love 1

Sooo, Craig can get to an event to consume cocktails but he's too "sick" to get there and work?

I believe 95% of the show is scripted at this point but I also believe that Craig's work non-ethic is safely ensconced in that  remaining 5%....

• Love 4

Yes, organize the bravo army, grab our pitchforks. We must destroy the harmless, hapless JD with views different from our own. We must remain vigilant with our intolerance. Quick, off to our safe zones.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bosawks said:

Sooo, Craig can get to an event to consume cocktails but he's too "sick" to get there and work?

I believe 95% of the show is scripted at this point but I also believe that Craig's work non-ethic is safely ensconced in that  remaining 5%....

But don't you know he was dying and obviously bourbon was the only cure

• Love 3
(edited)
On June 1, 2016 at 3:24 AM, DeepRed said:

The same people who give little girl a last name as a first name, or name her after a posh district in London.  *sigh*  YMMV but that stuff makes me roll my eyes.  Not that I'm opposed to Julien as a boy's name if it's a family name, but the "Saint" part kills me.  It's all a little too precious for me.

It is common in the South to give a child their first name after the mother's maiden name, e.g. Campbell Brown is from Louisiana and Campbell was her mother's maiden name.   

On June 1, 2016 at 1:47 AM, imjagain said:

I'm surprised  Cameron was there. 

In that one photo from the slideshow, Cameran and J.D. look absolutely non-plussed while Danni and Jennifer are laughing it seemed obvious to me that something was happening involving Katherine at that moment.  

Edited by PickleDeeDee
extra word
On June 1, 2016 at 8:39 AM, terminalpreppy said:

You are prob right - but he is obsessed, like a 16 year old. The dude is close to 40. It is literally ALL he talks about.

I think the whole Shep-playboy thing is Shep's schtick for the show.  I could be wrong it may be his authentic self. 

• Love 1