Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Saints And Sinners

• Start Topic

Thomas and Kathryn anticipate welcoming their son into the world, yet JD raises paternity questions. Meanwhile, Craig revs up for a men's weekend and to make amends with Whitney, Shep enjoys the single life, and Landon reveals a personal secret.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Grey Goose said:

sidebar:  I was dozing and listening with half an ear to There Goes the Motherhood.  I'm pretty sure Cameran is the unseen voiceover.

huh.

The voice over at the beginning of TGTM is Meghan one of the mom's though she does sound a little bit like Cameron.

• Love 1

Craig's never been to L.A. before? WTH?  

Kathryn is still hoping she and Thomas might be a family? Is she asking to be hurt over and over again when he starts cheating with other women? Gawd!!  Cooper makes sense, listen to him before you ruin your life.

• Love 13
(edited)

I love the way each episode of this show starts, with the wacky Twenties-style (Charleston? Haha!) music and the little scenes from their everyday lives. 

Meanwhile: Whitney saying "let's wake up covered in blood and vomit." The heck? If he was going for Motley Crue, it came out more American Psycho/Less Than Zero...

Maybe it's the house. Which, by the way, the art. Why is it all on the floor?

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 13

I'm  not sure what it is that Craig has accomplished to make him think he's so irreplaceable.  He's a lazy, entitled sloth.  When he told Shep in LA that his work was all caught up or whatever he said, I thought, hmm, he said the same thing right before he was fired from the law practice.

I won't be surprised to hear, now that Thomas has a son, if he suddenly gets married to someone else.  Kathryn has served her purpose.

• Love 21
(edited)
12 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I love the way each episode of this show starts, with the wacky Twenties-style (Charleston? Haha!) music and the little scenes from their everyday lives. 

Meanwhile: Whitney saying "let's wake up covered in blood and vomit." The heck? If he was going for Motley Crue, it came out more American Psycho/Less Than Zero...

Maybe it's the house. Which, by the way, the art. Why is it all on the floor?

Why is there modern art on the floor, and gilt framed landscapes on the walls?  Weird.

Craig is kidding with this slacker routine right?  I can't take it anymore.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Miami Spice said:

What is the name of the candle store in tonight's episode?  Anyone been there and made a candle? 

Candlefish, and yes I've been there and made candles. We brought wine and had a great time.

• Love 2

Craig is just a mess; screws up on his job and can't fess up, so he is rude to his boss and mentor.

He is pathetic; and he is ashamed of himself.  He knows how self-destructive he is.  Sad to watch.

These people take excessive drinking too casually.

Well, Whitney, you and Craig have had a "reproach."  All those French-speakers in Charleston!

• Love 11

OK, maybe I'm projecting here (uh, probably not), but it looked to me like ole Whit was trying awfully hard to avert his gaze away from shirtless Craig in his LA house.  It was kinda like he was saying to himself -- uh-oh, can't let the cams catch me lookin' at (er, lusting after) the cute young guy.  Horseteeth looked like crap -- as usual.  Comb your hair or get a decent haircut, would ya, Horseteeth?

So Horseteeth, you ask why anyone takes work so seriously, eh?  God, I so wanna kick you right in your horseteeth for saying that shit.  See, this is exactly the kinda smug shit that comes outta him & why I can't stand him.  And what about Craig's attitude toward his supposed job & to JD, as his boss/employer?  Seriously, that was freakin' ridiculous & nuts.  It was also really puzzling.  Is this actually a job?  Is JD his employer/boss?  Cuz if this pisswad worked for me, I'd fire him with zero hesitation.  Guess we can assume that's gonna happen in a future ep?

Glad to see the preview for next ep shows someone calling Craig out for his bullshit about taking the bar.  Clearly, he doesn't want to.  If he did, he'd be studying for it.  It takes time & effort, which he doesn't seem to be giving to anything.  Guess he just wants to take the easy Bravo dough for the time being.

Idk, Larissa is giving me the creeps.  Or maybe it's the thought that she could be sharing a coffin with Count Chocula that's really creeping me.  Ew.

Thom-ass was kinda sweet to Kathryn in this one.  Almost makes me forget what a big jerk he is.  Not really, but almost -- for a moment or 2 anyway.

Oh wow, Snowflake, color me sooooo impressed!  You took a few pics splashing in a nearby beach -- and presto, instant magazine!  Oh yeah, Snowflake, you got yourself a magazine -- uh, the same way you're gonna get Horseteeth to be into you.  Um, and what planet is Snowflake living on?  Cuz it sure as fuck ain't this one!

• Love 16

In the preview, it's Craig is talking to his old boss.  The one that fired him.  I wonder if Craig goes back to him to ask for a job since he feels used by JD.  BTW, Craig?  If you're being paid, you're not being used.  You're being an employee.

• Love 11

I've got a "Craig" in my family, it's my brother.  He got into a good law school and promptly started looking at private plane catalogs. Took him 3 times to pass the bar (living w/my parents while doing so).  Could only get a job as a Public Defender (but of course that wasn't his fault). Until my husband got him a job at his company, where he complains about his salary everytime we see him.  My parents just bought him a car and help pay for his house (because he's got school loans and a wife and a baby).  Craig is quickly headed down this same path.  The world owes you nothing Craig.  A 15,000 buy in is not a full partnership, it was basically insurance for JD when you flaked out.  Which you just did.  At least Naomi can see through his charade, I can only guess she's sticking with him in order to be on the show.

Landon wants a playmate who will pay for everything. You're looking in the wrong age group for that, try men in their 60's looking for a third wife.

• Love 17
(edited)

?"Ah The Rich Life. Full Of..."    --

That Whitney. Such a 'Sophisticate'.                                       Did Whitney mean RAPPROCHEMENT rather than whatever he said in reference to Craig needing to kiss his ?azz❓                                  

Oh, Cameron. We know. It's all about  ♥DOLLA',  DOLLA'  BILLS,  Y'ALL❗                                                            

J.D. stay in your lane.  Thomas wasn't bamboozled into sex.                                                        

Craig!  ????                                           .                                                

'On.the.same.level.' --Hahaha ❗ Really Landon ?❓                                                                                      

Kathryn. Wake up and plan YOUR future. Stop 'digging.  tHOmas is [a] t(HO)mas.                                          

* Welcome to The World, Li'l Cutie❗ *

Edited by BookElitist
...stuff
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

A 15,000 buy in is not a full partnership, it was basically insurance for JD when you flaked out.  Which you just did.  At least Naomi can see through his charade, I can only guess she's sticking with him in order to be on the show.

Thanks for the possible explanation of the 15 thou.  Call me nuts & maybe limited, but I've never heard of a "job" where you pay your employer to work there.  I'd like to see a scene with JD demanding he cough up another 15 thou.  Jeez, what a loser.  He's a cute boy (if a pretty wrinkly one), but sheesh, what a loser.  Run, Naomi, run like the wind, hun.

Man, Horseteeth really looked outta place in LA.  Hey, Horseteeth if you're gonna keep the Charlie Manson hair, at least pair it with a bushy hipster beard.  That way, Kristen Doute will chase after you (for a moment anyway) & you could land a one-shot guest spot on VPR.  Poor Kristen does go thru those bearded hipster dudes oh-so-rapidly.

Hey, is it just me or does Snowflake act & speak like she's a 12 year old girl -- all the freakin' time?

Still trying to spot the coffin Whit sleeps in, in that sterile/creepy house of his.

• Love 10

LA was BORING.  Well, maybe, it's just Whit who is b o r i n g.  He did get all nervous when Craig did the apology.  He's very uncomfortable with the Kathryn subject.  I wonder why....

Shep in LA.  Really?  Get rid of the cap.  So should have Craig at the 'company' event.  Not appropriate unless you've been out sailing all day or doing some other sporting event all day and the hair is just not behaving and you don't have the chance to take a shower.

I liked Kathryn and Thomas together in this episode.  It gave insight into their relationship.  Kathryn would like a 'family'.  Thomas plays the game really well until he sees someone else that he'd like to you know what.  He's playing her.  Shame on the fifty something year old man.

And shame on JD for making the assumption that Kathryn 'decided' to move up her inducement date.  Sorry JD, it doesn't work that way.

Landon is still so boring and Cam is right behind her.  Shep and Landon?  Not feeling it and I don't think Shep is either except for maybe a one nighter.

I don't know what to even think of Craig regarding his actions.  I have a feeling it may have been about creating drama.  At least, that's what I hope.  Or maybe he's still that immature.  Still loving Naomi.  She's so cute.  

• Love 13

Was Craig not told he was expected to work that event?  I was not following closely, so perhaps I missed something.  Not sure if JD was not explicit in his expectations, or if Craig just blew him off.  Seems weird.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

And shame on JD for making the assumption that Kathryn 'decided' to move up her inducement date.  Sorry JD, it doesn't work that way.

Yeah, his comments on Kathryn made me queasy.  He's made similar comments before -- with the clear implication Kathryn is trying to trap Thom-ass.  Except those comments were (like this one) related to her pregnancy & general health.  He's making accusations on things she couldn't alter, even if she wanted to.  And I don't get the impression it's her style to even do that.  Anyway, his comments smacked (to me) of being very misogynist.  Altho when Snowflake made similar accusations, it was merely catty as hell.  

Aw, I gotta admit, JD often gives me a giggle -- except these comments against Kathryn.  I understand the suspicions surrounding Kathryn because she has been manipulative, but these accusations of causing her health issues are really lowball.

• Love 20
(edited)

Okay, well hell is probably freezing over at this point because Thomas irked me the least of the bunch (well, Kathryn too) in this episode.  JD Shut Up.  Kathryn can't just snap her fingers and move her due date up almost one month to support your conspiracy theory, you asshole.  How many kids you have? and you're ignorant to this fact?  All that booze is going to your head.

Craig.  Sigh.  Stupid, stupid Craig.  Stupid Dum-Dum Craig.  Craig with the tiny brain.  OMG.  I could just see Naomie's jaw drop and her exasperation when Craig told her with a straight face that going to party in L.A. was more important than performing his job duties.  POOF!   This was the sound that was made as the #NewCraig morphed back into #TheOldCraig.  Christ on the cross how old is this guy?  So clueless, so self-entitled.  I just can't with him.  Love Craig but he is officially the dumbest male cast member of the bunch.  I am so sick of Craig's "Wah, Wah, I'm SICK !!" excuses.  Craig, that was the excuse you used last season right up until the day you got fired from your last job at the law firm.  Dude you're hung over.  You don't have the stomach flu, or a sinus infection, or the maladie du jour. Just admit what the rest of us (and JD) already know.

Sick of Whitless' "acceptance" of Craig's apology.  Whitney always does this.  He "accepts" said apology (i.e. - "Yeah man, we're good.  It's water under the bridge.  Let's not talk about it anymore") and then afterward he's all like "Yeah, I accepted the apology BUT (insert additional "conditions", etc.).  Whitney did that before with Thomas when they had the beef over the campaign commercial Whitless directed.  Thomas apologized, Whitney accepted, then afterward in his TH he said something to the contrary.  Shit or get off the pot.  You either accept someone's apology and mean it (especially when you tell them it's water under the bridge and all is forgotten) or you don't.  You can't have it both ways.

Kathryn pains me to think she and T-Rav have any sort of a future together.  Paraphrasing here, but when Thomas said in tonight's episode "I sired my kids; my job is done" well, that right there is the green light shining bright, saying "It's a GO, back to man-whoring".  Kathryn needs to take Cooper's advice although I do cut Kathryn some slack.  She's hormonal, she's hopeful, and its a very exciting time when the baby's about to be born so I get that.  I give her a pass.

Hating on Landon as usual but she did crack me up when she said Craig had the L.A. Flu.  Haven't heard that in forever since I lived there.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 19

Pretty sure Craig blows off anything that's not convenient for him. Can't believe he told JD he wasn't about to miss a trip to LA just because of a job.  Yes, Craig.  No one ever misses anything they'd rather be doing because of a job. AHole.

• Love 22

Kathyrn really needed Cooper Ray to talk to her BEFORE she got involved with Thomas.  He's the only adult on this show.

Whitney is just so creepy and boring.  Larisa seemed so much more excited and affectionate to both Shep and Craig.  When Whitney was making fun of the promise ring, I thought Larisa was saying oh hell no to the idea of Whitney acting like he was making any sort of commitment to her.  Eww.  Whitney was also not comfortable that Larisa was hugging both of the guys.

Shep, LA is not for you.  Craig, pull your head out of your ass and get to work.  I would never have given JD 15k as he seems slimy (he's good friends with "TRav" after all).

On the  reruns before tonight's show, I was just struck by what a whore Thomas is.  Cooper was polite and said playboy.  Thomas will never settle down; even if he married someone, he'd be cheating at the reception.  

Landon is such a tool.  Oh, I took some pictures, presto magazine!  I took a picture of the pretty holiday dinner I made - I guess I can start a magazine now.

Camaran has lost me; just another reality bitch.  

• Love 17
(edited)

This is the thing that JD does in relation to Kathryn that drives me up the wall. Kathryn didn't arbitrarily move up her inducement. Nor was it done so she can obfuscate about St. Julian's paternity. This is why Kathryn rightly doesn't want to be around JD and Elizabeth because JD pulls this shit all the fucking time and it's gross and disgusting.

23 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Why is there modern art on the floor, and gilt framed landscapes in the walls?  Weird.

Craig is kidding with this slacker routine right?  I can't take it anymore.

The art situation at Whitney's house is beyond perplexing.

Oy vey. Craig. Naomi needs to take note. A future with him is going to be endless nagging to get him to do the shit he should have done ages ago.

I will call shenanigans on JD complaining about Craig not showing up early to set up. Craig and Naomi rode up with the rest of the cast. It's doubtful that the cast was coming up early just so Craig could help set up. If Craig had to scramble to get a ride with the rest of the cast, we probably would have seen that reflected in the episode. It's much more likely that Craig was always going to show up at the same time as the rest of the cast and it was reflected on the call sheet. So should Craig have skipped the LA trip so he could stay home and set up the Charleston Cup launch? Yes. Should Craig have come up early to set up for the Charleston Cup? Yes, but I wish we could stop with this fiction that JD is surprised when Craig isn't around.

Shep looked awful in LA. It's not even that he looked worse than usual, but more that in comparison to the LA people he looked so much worse.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 15

I think that stupid hat Shep was wearing at the LA party was for the tequila that was being featured at the party.  Doesn't make it any less dorky, but it probably was product placement and Shep was the only doofus who agreed to wear the hat.

For an episode with a birth in it, it was the most boring ep in a while.

• Love 2
(edited)

Don't JD and Elizabeth have four kids? And NO talk of inducing even ONE of them? Even if she was never induced, it's often discussed as a precaution. Maybe Elizabeth has been lucky enough that she went full term with no complications with all of her pregnancies, but just during the course of doctor's appointments, you'd think JD would have heard about WHY people are induced. 

If he bothered to even show up to those appointments. 

Shep and the hat in LA was ridiculous. He looked even more dorky than usual. That said, he's too good for our speshul snowflake, who probably wants to latch onto him more for his money and lifestyle than any real attachment. Yeah, they were college buddies and seem to have rekindled the friendship to some extent, but sorry girl, you are no more than Miss Friendzone to him. 

eta: As for #NewCraig, he was IGing up a storm from his hotel in Monte Carlo this past weekend, with views of the Grand Prix. Naomie was right there with him. Does this gig really pay THAT well? I mean, Monte Carlo with a hotel balcony view of one of the most prestigious auto races in the world is pretty posh shit. I doubt Naomie's family would be paying for vacations, unless this is her family's present for her getting into grad school.

And I wonder how she will film next season with a full post-grad course load. Good luck, honey. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'd bet most people in the country have never been to L.A. 

Craig's issue is not that he's never traveled. It's that he has no direction for his life. He's like a lost man-child, a leaf floating along on the breeze of life. AND he mumbles. AND doesn't exude any kind of confidence or ambition. To be honest, sometimes he comes off as being afraid of his own shadow.

Two episodes ago he wanted to lead a bourbon division. Now he's talking about how working for J.D. never was supposed to be his forever, so it may be time to move on. Ugh.

Another problem is that Craig being younger -- ACTS younger. He doesn't act mature. Whitney's comment about Craig not being as "amusing" as he once was. Who the hell is Whitney -- the rich, privileged bum, who'll inherit the money his mom married into -- to talk about being "amused" by someone in that manner? If Craig had any 'manhood' he'd set Whitney and Shep straight, and earn some respect.  But Craig's such an immature doormat -- he KNOWS they feel superior to him -- and he ACCEPTS it.

I'm done with Kathryn and Thomas. She says Thomas is cares. Uh Sweetie, he left you in a coffee shop to meet with a decorator. And I sure hope I never hear him say again, that he cares about Kathryn. Because it'e empty words. And it's really just babble.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 11

Craig wants to be in charge of everything without doing any work.  He wants to start at the top.  Just like Landon wants to play and get paid for it as though she is actually doing work, which she doesn't actually want to do.

Shep needs to learn some grooming.  He's looking unwashed most of the time, and it's not a good look.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, beesknees said:

Dude you're hung over.  You don't have the stomach flu, or a sinus infection, or the maladie du jour. Just admit what the rest of us (and JD) already know.

Booze and cocaine!  Does he really think everyone is stupid?

23 minutes ago, izabella said:

Craig wants to be in charge of everything without doing any work.  He wants to start at the top.  Just like Landon wants to play and get paid for it as though she is actually doing work, which she doesn't actually want to do.

Shep needs to learn some grooming.  He's looking unwashed most of the time, and it's not a good look.

So true!  The trouble with Craig is that he thinks he can just gel into the "group".  He is an outsider, he brings nothing to the table.  He should be working his ass off to show work ethic.

Oh our "special" Landon is an idiot.  She loves Shep yet just pissed him off by going against his guest list at his own birthday party and then lied.  She wants to get paid to give input to a website and yet not run the website.......so stupid.

2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Kathyrn really needed Cooper Ray to talk to her BEFORE she got involved with Thomas.  He's the only adult on this show

So true! She needs to give up the romance and make friends and coparent with Thomas.  I am sure he would pay the way for a deal like that.

• Love 6

Horseteeth if you're gonna keep the Charlie Manson hair, at least pair it with a bushy hipster beard

Interesting they are all clean shaven-- except Whitney who hurt his mother with his whiskers last week.

I couldn't help think that no one cared about paternity for Kensie (a girl) but now a boy is on the way and paternity is an issue. Kensie was when Kathryn was sleeping with the who group, too. 

The LA trip was boring. Were they having fun at the party? It didn't  seem fun. 

Craig is doing the bare minimum to keep his friends. His "job" is all about social politics. I don't think Craig is remotely ambitious. He just wants cool people to party with. He lucked out with his sweetheart girlfriend. She seems to enjoy projects (and Craig is pretty harmless, good thing for him Shep needs him to party with-- can you imagine Shep going to LA without Craig? He'd be lost around women). Shep seems to have a mojo down. Go out, get drunk, admonish and joke about how young the girls are. Yeah, your in a college bar. I think Shep is terrified of anyone older than 23 who might be wise enough to realize he's hitting up college girls with fakes and pushing 40.

Wasn't it a storyline before that Shep and Dani had dated? He broke her heart or something?

I was surprised that Landon has a crush on Shep. Damn, that girl has no game whatsoever! Go after what you want hon, don't just stand back and smile sweetly. That's already taken care of by his mom. 

• Love 7

I can't remember Thomas ever being as caring and considerate to Katheryn as he was the night before the inducement. Probably not since she first had Kensie. I'm sure that niceness on both their parts won't last for long...especially with the stress of two little ones.

Craig is just so bitter this season. I'm not sure making up and  hanging out with Whitney then getting a massage was beneficial for him. He came back from LA worse than when he went out there.

I do wonder what kind of boss JD is. He mentioned something about what  a manager's responsibilities are to Craig at the Charleston Cup, but I don't remember, does  Craig have a management position or is he currently his assistant? Either way,  seems like Craig no longer cares what happens at Gentry, or how bad his actions look to JD.

And yeah, well Shep is Shep...no matter what coast he's on.

• Love 5

I couldn't help think that no one cared about paternity for Kensie (a girl) but now a boy is on the way and paternity is an issue. Kensie was when Kathryn was sleeping with the who group, too

Oh, they cared. Especially Thomas. I'll never forget the scene where he woke Shep up to ask him if he'd worn a condom. Apparently it was known that she slept with several people at once, so I think the reason it's come up again is at the time she got pregnant with their son, she and Thomas were actually on the outs. It was more or less a one night stand. Past behavior always brings speculation in the future.

I think the reason Thomas is being so attentive for the cameras this time is because when Kathryn was having Kensie, Thomas was at a strip club with Whitney (remember the finger-wagging screaming fit she had with Whitney?) That, and she's giving him a son to carry on the Ravenel name. 

Bravo is capitalizing on this birth for ratings. I hope Kathryn is getting paid well for it.

• Love 6
(edited)

I love that once Craig realized Naomi thought he was full of shit he went to Kathryn even bowed out of his audition to be Captain Save A Ho*! 

Danni's disgust with Craig on the way to the launch was golden. Again he only talks about a partnership or running he business in TH or with other people he never challenges JD about it.

Kathryn's "Ravenel party of four!" was pathetic. 

Patricia must have sent some strong Kool-aid to my house because five of us thought Whitney singing to Larissa was adorble! He was obviously doing a cheesy Elvis impersonation and she found it delightful. Also, there are a few moments where they are in the background and are clearly into one another. 

*Based on a classic bravo quote, I don't think Kathryn is a whore.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Craig really does seem to think he's the most specialest of all snowflakes, followed closely by Landon. That wasn't a sinus infection, Craig. No one was buying what you were selling, least of all your girlfriend. 

I thought Whitney and Larissa (?) looked awkward, especially when Whitney was telling her about the promise ring Craig bought for Naomi.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't JD and Elizabeth have four kids? And NO talk of inducing even ONE of them? Even if she was never induced, it's often discussed as a precaution. Maybe Elizabeth has been lucky enough that she went full term with no complications with all of her pregnancies, but just during the course of doctor's appointments, you'd think JD would have heard about WHY people are induced. 

If he bothered to even show up to those appointments. 

Shep and the hat in LA was ridiculous. He looked even more dorky than usual. That said, he's too good for our speshul snowflake, who probably wants to latch onto him more for his money and lifestyle than any real attachment. Yeah, they were college buddies and seem to have rekindled the friendship to some extent, but sorry girl, you are no more than Miss Friendzone to him. 

eta: As for #NewCraig, he was IGing up a storm from his hotel in Monte Carlo this past weekend, with views of the Grand Prix. Naomie was right there with him. Does this gig really pay THAT well? I mean, Monte Carlo with a hotel balcony view of one of the most prestigious auto races in the world is pretty posh shit. I doubt Naomie's family would be paying for vacations, unless this is her family's present for her getting into grad school.

And I wonder how she will film next season with a full post-grad course load. Good luck, honey. 

I think J.D. looks like Porky da Pig... I'm just sayin...lol

• Love 11
(edited)

I don't think JD thought Kathryn could set her own inducement date. It sounded like he was insinuating that Kathryn had lied to Thomas about her original due date, and then lied about an inducement date, and then lied that it had been moved up even more. All to cover that it wasn't his baby. JD was a real jerk to go into that, and Thomas could have been a man and said, "I've accepted this baby as my son and that's that" or "I've been with Kathryn to her doctor visits and I feel sure she didn't fake her due date".

How 'bout standing up for the mother of your children, Thomas? Instead he looked all chastened and uncertain, stammered about how a woman might not like to be asked to take a paternity test. Sheesh! 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 17

The ship has sailed where Craig is concerned. He peaked in high school and college. He is one of those kids who everything came easy to through those years. Now he can't function in the real world which requires grit and hard work. He just doesn't get it and it is doubtful he ever will.  I did a major eye roll when he said he never missed a social function because of work.  Really Craig. That's the world you think people live in. Give me a break Mr. Clueless.

i agree with you guys about JD making those comments about the baby's due date. What a jerk. The more I see of him, the less I like him. 

• Love 14

Doesn't Craig have a younger brother?  The reason I ask is because he acts like an only child or someone with much older siblings who was raised in a cocoon and told by everyone that he was so much more special than anyone else.  I think Naomi really wants to be on the show and if she has the least bit of ambition, she's grow tired of Craig.  Boy is a loser.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn is still hoping she and Thomas might be a family? Is she asking to be hurt over and over again when he starts cheating with other women? Gawd!!  Cooper makes sense, listen to him before you ruin your life.

Eh, I've got at least a decade on Craig and I've never been to LA.  San Francisco? Many times. But never had any desire to go to Los Angeles.  So I don't think it's odd that somebody in their 20s who lives on the opposite coast has never been there.

Although I do think Craig is somewhat aimless and suffers (as many his age do) from SSS (Special Snowflake Syndrome), I still think that those scenes of JD "not being able to reach Craig in LA" and whatnot were either highly edited/manipulated---or outright fake. 

Overall, this episode was just kind of meh - oh and gross. Did they really need that close-up of the puddle of puke outside of Whitney's house?  Yuck.  I guess Whitney's aspirations for them to "wake up in blood and vomit" at least came half-true.  Did I mention yuck? 

I agree that the interactions between Kathryn and Thomas last night were the nicest, and most mature, scenes we've ever seen with them on this show.  That's also the happiest I've ever seen Kathryn.  Too bad we know that they're back to being their ridiculous, immature selves again (thanks to Twitter!)

• Love 9

Those poor babies. I hope the nanny stays till they're in college. I noticed when Kensie was laughing she was looking at the nanny, not her parents. I've seen Thomas hold her more than Kathryn does. In fact, I haven't seen Kathryn hold her once this season. Even when she said good night, she leaned in when the nanny was holding her and kissed her, instead of giving her a hug. And taking Thomas upstairs to show him her Louis Vuitton hospital bag! She reminds me of a 12 year old. Watching her with Kensie makes me so sad, I ff through those scenes. And since I also ff scenes with Whitney and Larissa, I whipped through this episode.

• Love 6

Kathryn D showed her true b****y colors in last night's episode.....being cute & cuddly with Thomas, the night before their son's birth & with their newborn in her hospital room, then going on camera.....all glammed up, making nasty comments about TR.  Plus, I'm tired of slacker Craig blaming everyone except himself, because his partying takes priority over keeping a job. And Cameran & Landon griping about their petty problems is annoying.  I've lost interest in this show. Note to producer Whitney.....maybe you have other Charleston friends who are more interesting!

• Love 3

Not gonna lie, I was tired and dozed off early into the episode. So far the highlight is Landon secretly hoping that she'll end up with Shep, LOL. Shep is the male, flighty version to Landon except he has family money and she relied on marrying into money to provide her previously lavish lifestyle. While I think Shep seems kind and is fun in a laid back way, I can't see him being so charming to compensate for his very obvious issues with work ethic and romantic commitments. He seems like the guy that wants the 2.5 family but is too terrified of the process to actually allow it to happen. Seems like Landon wants a guy that will give their attention and time to her. Makes sense why she's attracted to Shep...not like he's busy working to be distracted with other matters, lol.

Still have the Katheryn/Thomas and Criag scenes to go.

• Love 4
(edited)

This is going to be a doozy, so if you don't want to read it can be summed up as I LOVE THIS SHIT SHOW.

God help me, I genuinely like Kathryn. She adores her kids and she is not passive aggressive. She is aggressive-aggressive, and I appreciate that, especially within this surreal Southern bubble that confuses my own Yankee self. Anyone who disagrees can fall on a knife.

Cameran and Shep are losing their sheen--Cameran for caving to Pat and Whitney's obsession with excluding Kathryn (whether for ratings or due to social pressure, or both), and Shep because I've run across a few men in my own life who use and dispose of women under the pretense of being a hapless bachelor/well-meaning but incorrigible player. Guess what, they're tools. And Cam? You're not as immune to Shep as you think. Maybe you aren't sleeping with him, but you enjoy being the alpha female in his inner circle a little too much.

Landon's obvious glee at Shep's minimal sharing of feelings regarding his grandfather, and subsequent announcement that he totally told her first tragedy had struck. I see you, Landon.

Thomas I continue to hate in an affectionate way. He is so awful. He is unreliable, perpetually drunk, morally corrupt, and has serious issues with women. Yet, I feel he was literally born to be a lame dad and make terrible jokes, and this gives him points. I can picture him introducing himself as T-Rav to Kensie's friends in 10 years, much to her dismay. I died when he said something like "Are you one of those gothic people?" because it sounded so much like my own dad.

I like Craig. I accept him being a lazy, entitled frat guy. I kind of loved when he said he didn't give a fuck how many distilleries his rich people bourbon had. Because one, neither do I, and two, whether he's lazy or not he's hashtag sick of the new/old Craig storyline and just wants a nap. JD allegedly is a bit of a fraud himself, so it's not entirely Craig's fault for not taking him seriously (http://tamaratattles.com/2016/05/28/blind-item-sir-you-are-no-gentleman/)

Whitney, what can I say....you produce the show and you can't manage to make yourself look like the heterosexual you so desperately pretend to be, nor can you make your arch-nemesis look bad despite giving it your all. This pretty much sums up your entire life.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I wanted to add that when Shep was chiding Craig about cleaning up his, Craig's, voicemail, that it's a generational thing. Millennials hate voicemail. I'm at the tail end of generation x and never leave a voicemail and rarely check it even at work.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2014/10/23/358301467/please-do-not-leave-a-message-why-millennials-hate-voice-mail

Oh dear.  I think I just strained by eyeballs by rolling them too hard. Oh yeah Craig and the millenials' time is just TOO precious to listen to a damn voicemail. Yeah, they're FAR too busy making vines, or posting fish-lipped pics to Instagram or.... whatever they do.  What the fuck ever. 

eta: Just in case it wasn't clear, I wasn't RME at you, HunterHunted - just the article!  And, well, certain millenials' ridiculous entitlement, in general. ;)

Edited by Duke2801
clarity
  • Love 20

I think there's hope for Craig but maybe not until after he has a big downfall. Perhaps it will involve Naomie dumping him for someone with more of a work ethic. Or maybe it won't happen until this show ends and he has no more Bravo easy money. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I wanted to add that when Shep was chiding Craig about cleaning up his, Craig's, voicemail, that it's a generational thing. Millennials hate voicemail. I'm at the tail end of generation x and never leave a voicemail and rarely check it even at work.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2014/10/23/358301467/please-do-not-leave-a-message-why-millennials-hate-voice-mail

In a business/work situation an employee should communicate in the way the boss wants you to, not how you choose to. I guess a lot of younger folks get away with forcing their supervisors to communicate in their favored method, but it likely breeds annoyed feelings and a bad impression that the younger set has to be "catered to" in order to get them to do their work. Craig just decided he was off the clock while in L.A. -- showed no loyalty to what he keeps saying is "his" business (that $15,000 "partnership"). One week he wants to run the bourbon division, the next he's pouting so not only leaves town, he doesn't answer his phone or even check VMs right before the a big bourbon event. He can't even see and be embarrassed that he proved how right JD was in saying "You're simply not ready".

• Love 13