Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: While You Were Out

• Start Topic

I think MTV edited that sentence because it should have been, "I do everything to neglect and endanger the girlses."  
My MIL found a barrette on her porch and said it must be "one of the girlses", referring to my 3 nieces. I LOL'd heartily. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Poor Ali. Sitting around watching your sibling practice is boring to begin with -- but then add the fact that she is more cognizant of her increasing disability.  She needs her own thing on Thursday night --- and it shouldn't be baseball. What the hell is she doing running?!!  She needs to conserve her energy, right? Why are all the adults in her life in denial about her condition? Each base she runs now probably takes weeks away from her ability to move with some sort of ease in the near future.

This is my own personal bias, but I always feel like MTV cuts off the discussions among family about three sentences before they start talking about praying her condition away and giving themselves over to Jesus to fix the condition. It's absolutely against doctor's orders to have her playing tee ball, I mean it flies in the face of what he said directly: she needs to minimize how much she's using her muscles because her condition is degenerative. This isn't a Disney movie, I hate to be the cold light of day. That kid is precious, she needs to be treated that way.  

• Love 17

I just find every interaction with Janelle and Dave (is that his name?) just disgusting.  He is so weird, and I hate how he is just like every other deadbeat boyfriend that says, "you should get custody of Jace!", and they say it like it should really happen and would be the best for him.  

It grosses me out watching him for some reason.

I do agree Barbara shouldn't question so much, but I do think she is trying to gently find out what is going on for his own good.

And yes, I expected to see comments on the frosting here!  Too funny!

• Love 12
(edited)

Can we get a "No one messes with Mae Mae" t-shirt, stat!

Janelle called Jace a liar on Twitter. She said that he lies to her about Barb and the lies to Barb about her. Go figure!

I wish Barb asked the police to go into the home and check on Janelle.  Donkey Kong Jr. has a history of DM and I would want to make sure he isn't beating her if I were Barb.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, poopchute said:

"Is it bad if I let her eat this icing?"

"No just have her sit at the table."

This exchange was horrifying enough but then was she just in another room by herself eating icing while Leah and Dawn chatted on the couch? Who is watching the kid?

At least she gave her a spoon?

• Love 5
(edited)
27 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Look at how neat the closets are at Corey's house. With Leah, the Twinses need to pull their clothing out of a heap in the garage and pray that it's clean. 

mALJWA5.jpg

And notice Corey asks them to choose their clothes for tomorrow not for two minutes before they're out the door.

I really think Dave the Barbarian sees Jace as competition for Jenelle's attention and it's bothersome. He's clearly a controlling person, and Jenelle has obviously given him the go ahead to speak to Jace unkindly. Who ever gave that Diane Downs/Susan Smith comparison way back when was dead on. I fear for Jace because I think there will be repercussions for his honesty. I know Barb needs a break from Jace and her other grandson sometimes. But if she insists on letting Jenelle see him, make Jenelle come there to her house so that there's no interruption to her or Jace's schedules. Jenelle doesn't care about Jace anyway so she'd eventually lose interest and stop coming altogether.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 16

Janelle probably wants Jace to come over so he can entertain Marissa (sp?) and they can sleep (or whatever it is they're doing). 

Janelle telling Barb that she "works out vigorously" and is on a low carb diet was hilarious. Clearly, that's not what Barb was talking about. 

• Love 17
(edited)

I also don't understand why these boyfriends of Jenelle's always jump on the "you should definitiely have custody" bandwagon, except that they want to bang her. What fucking context could any of these guys have, really, where such a life-altering decision is made for a little boy? I mean do any of them just say "I guess it'll have to work itself out, I mean I've only known you for six weeks"? All of them are just straight "GET THAT KID BACK STAT!" like they know anything about any situation. 

ETA also loved "I work out vigorously" when Barb said she was concerned for Jenelle. Completely different frame of reference, because one is a parent, and the other is a breeder. If Jenelle cared for her own kids ever, she'd have immediately seen that Barb was talking about something more important than her bikini body. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Now there is a very stark difference in what they can and can't do the same, and both of them will start to recognize it. And it's worse because Leah and her ilk are not mentally or emotionally equipped to know how to minimize the differences for them. Corey's not innocent here either, he keeps insisting she walk first when the doctor clearly says that's the opposite of helping; he thinks that some miracle is going to occur I guess if she just shows sticktoitiveness. It isn't, this is science. 

I actually think it would be great and interesting to have a disabled kid like Ali on the show, and show the struggles and triumphs alike, and just the everyday reality too. But as you say, her parents don't take care of it, so it's just horribly depressing. Why is she pushed to do so many physical things? Why is she never in her wheelchair? It feels like watching child abuse. I think there are a lot more "praying for her recovery" or "waiting for a miracle" (while ignoring the doctors and science) conversations among Leah, Corey, Mama Dawn, Miranda, etc., than MTV can stand to show us. It was understandable for a minute right after her diagnosis. Now it's just totally irresponsible. 

Who the fuck stays with someone who calls the cops on your mom? Don't they all hate the cops by now? Haven't they been arrested enough not to think they're their buddies or something? Just waiting for the DV charges. Should be any day now. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9

Chelsea: Aubree is getting glasses, not getting married. Calm the f down. I wonder how Chelsea got those backstage passes.

Leah: Maybe if you didn’t do drugs, Corey would let you have your children. I know it’s hard to keep track of your multiple baby daddies, but Corey is the twins’ father.

Kail: Wah, wah, wah!  Javi deserves so much better.

Jenelle: How dare you bitch about not having your son, and then complain when he’s with you? He doesn’t deserve to see you at all. David is a creeper. He can’t see one of his kids because he choked the mother. Jenelle is a lost cause. Jenelle was probably high when she locked herself in her room.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Sorry there...how many cops do you figure recognize Jace's face by now?

And Javi's dinner move smacked of desperation, of a guy who thought once he left the house, his wife would be stepping out on him and finding tinder dates. No, I can't thinkk of anything ncie to say, that's why I come here. :)

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Poor Ali. Sitting around watching your sibling practice is boring to begin with -- but then add the fact that she is more cognizant of her increasing disability.  She needs her own thing on Thursday night --- and it shouldn't be baseball. What the hell is she doing running?!!  She needs to conserve her energy, right? Why are all the adults in her life in denial about her condition? Each base she runs now probably takes weeks away from her ability to move with some sort of ease in the near future.

I don't know much about her condition, but if that's really the case, that's a shame. I just can't imagine how hard that would be to handle as a parent. How do you tell your 6-year-old, who WANTS to run around and play ball that they can't? It's hard for kids of that age to grasp future consequences, and I might be persuaded to let her do what she can now, because later she might not be able to do anything. I don't know, I don't think the answer is so cut and dry and I do sympathize with parents trying to manage that situation. 

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Janelle called Jace a liar on Twitter. She said that he lies to her about Barb and the lies to Barb about her. Go figure!

Even if he does (which I'm not altogether convinced everything he says is a lie, it's pretty damn believable), they should be asking WHY he does this? Attention. That kid is just begging to stop being a pawn, for someone to give a damn. For someone to ONCE put his absolute best interests first. My heart breaks for him. 

38 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

And notice Corey asks them to choose their clothes for tomorrow not for two minutes before they're out the door.

YES! That is how it should be done. My children are homeschooled, so we just get dressed whenever. But I am totally a person who plans ahead, and if they attended public school you can be sure all outfits would be laid out the night before. Lunches packed. Backpacks ready and waiting. Etc. Leah should know this shit by now. 

36 minutes ago, kdl88 said:

Janelle telling Barb that she "works out vigorously" and is on a low carb diet was hilarious. Clearly, that's not what Barb was talking about.

Oh man, I forgot to mention that in my original post, but that was seriously the best part of the episode. "I'm on a low carb diet!!!" I.E. I am smoking a bunch of pot. It's a vegetable. 

• Love 15

You have to provide her an alternative activity that's appropriate and satisfying and she can really succeed at (choir's not a bad idea). I am sure, and I mean SURE, that her mom's adulation at Grace's cheerleading, because that's what Mommy did, is going to be a sore spot for Ali as she gets older. That kid has enough of a hard road ahead of her, and if you can minimize how many times she feels less than, that has to be the number one priority. Even if it means getting a babysitter 

• Love 10
(edited)

Oh my Lord, Adderall and that icing. That kid's gonna need dentures by 20. 

I thought Aubree was being a little ridiculous about the eyedrops, but the doctor comparing them to opening your eyes in a pool was the absolute WORST analogy she could've used. The voice that Chelsea spoke in after the drama is the one she needs to stick with permanently. I wanted to puncture my eardrums during the wood cutting scene.

Barb certainly did herself no favors this episode. I understand wanting to know what  was going on behind the locked door, but damn, that woman goes from zero to batshit crazy in seconds. Also, not to defend Jenelle, but I wonder if Jace does tell fibs and half-truths. I can see him doing that to feel like he has some control in the chaotic mess he was born into.

Javi setting up the dinner and flowers was really sweet, but seriously, put a white tee shirt on. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Katt said:

This was the most irritating episode yet. Forgive Corey? For what?! Leah says she should be primary custodian because she "does everything". WT Very F?
So much bull-shit.

And she totally scoffed at the idea that it should be Corey because he lives in the school district. Like to her that was so stupid and irrelevant.  Doesn't she live 45 minutes away??! Why is that commute a good idea for any child?

• Love 8

I thought Aubree was being a little ridiculous about the eyedrops, but the doctor comparing them to opening your eyes in a pool was the absolute WORST analogy she could've used. 

When getting my eyes dilated at the eye doctor, I react mentally the way Aubree reacted literally. Also, to this day I cannot swim underwater with my eye open. I hate the feeling. So basically this entire scene was like a giant nightmare.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Barb certainly did herself no favors this episode. I understand wanting to know what  was going on behind the locked door, but damn, that woman goes from zero to batshit crazy in seconds. Also, not to defend Jenelle, but I wonder if Jace does tell fibs and half-truths. I can see him doing that to feel like he has some control in the chaotic mess he was born into.

Javi setting up the dinner and flowers was really sweet, but seriously, put a white tee shirt on. 

In barb's defense, she did once go over to Jenelle's house and find her with a heroin needle in her arm and both her and her boyfriend passed out (with the drill press for Keifer's pipes on the kitchen counter!). It's absolutely within bounds for her to immediately recall that when her daughter is unresponsive and with some guy that Barb barely knows, while unsupervised kids play near the street. And if Jace is telling half truths on that subject, it'd be really unusual, I mean kids generally lie about dumb things (one kid in my son's class says he has two birthdays, another says he has siblings he doesn't have)...but it's for attention. Poor dude, but he's going to be trouble when he's 15. 

• Love 18
On 5/10/2016 at 11:06 AM, lovesnark said:

That clip really is disturbing. Three kids running next to the street unsupervised while Jenelle and Uncle Creeper are locked in the bedroom. Of course, we're treated to Jenelle and her trademark 'Leave me alone' when Barb tries to find out why no one is watching the kids and why they're hiding in the bedroom and ignoring her. I'll put my money on they had their first physical fight several hours earlier and Jenelle had bruises she's trying to hide. I loved Barb telling the creep that he's living in a house Jenelle is paying all the bills for 'just like all the other boyfriends'. Don't think you're special, Uncle Creepy. Jenelle will kick your ass out and move another guy in in a few months.

But don't forget, as Jenelle told us on the AS, she waits to tell her kids that her flavor of the month is her booooooooyfriend until she knows he's going to be "hands on" with them!  If this is what "hands on" looks like, I can't imagine "hands off."

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

You have to provide her an alternative activity that's appropriate and satisfying and she can really succeed at (choir's not a bad idea). I am sure, and I mean SURE, that her mom's adulation at Grace's cheerleading, because that's what Mommy did, is going to be a sore spot for Ali as she gets older. That kid has enough of a hard road ahead of her, and if you can minimize how many times she feels less than, that has to be the number one priority. Even if it means getting a babysitter 

But where would Leah find a babysitter? She's just a poor overworked single mother with no help and no financial resources that's just trying to do it all, at the expense of her own health!

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, poopchute said:

And she totally scoffed at the idea that it should be Corey because he lives in the school district. Like to her that was so stupid and irrelevant.  Doesn't she live 45 minutes away??! Why is that commute a good idea for any child?

Who knows how many more times she will move or how many times she'd have the kids change schools if she were primary custodian.

Leah's seemed more together the last few episodes, but she was so out of it this episode. Am I crazy or when she was talking to Mama Dawn did she say "My mom was like ...." Was she so high she didn't know she was talking to her mom?

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know how I keep fucking this up, how old am I that I don't know how to use the internet? -- Uncle Juice

I can't take how thick it gets with those two telling each other what a great job Leah's doing. Guys, please, fucking get it together and come back to reality. Not the alternate universe where Dawn PAID someone to do her hair that way. As an adult. Who looks 65 but I think is 38. 

• Love 4

My mom is a former dental hygienist and she literally would've had a panic attack watching Adderall last night. I mean, we all licked spoons and scraped remnants of batter out of bowls as kids, but seriously? Giving your child a spoon and letting her eat a tub of icing? That's about as white trash as you can get. The fact that Dawn had no problem with it is probably a factor in why she's 40 but looks 60.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, alexa said:

I do agree Barbara shouldn't question so much, but I do think she is trying to gently find out what is going on for his own good.

I agree.  It makes me uncomfortable when she starts in with her questions to Jace.  I think some of her questioning is prompted by production, too, wanting to have her question him about his time with Janelle. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I wonder how early Leah had to get up to be ready for the performance of a lifetime where she served a full breakfast? to the twins 'cause we all know that's definitely not something that happens with any frequency in that household!  Scrambled eggs, french toast? (or what looked like it in a bowl of milk, yuck).  And, Leah in full makeup and her hair 'did'?   Yeah, sure you're a good mom.  Uh, huh.  Keep telling yourself that but a few very artificial scenes this season are laughable.    

Edited by rayndon
got rid of double post
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

And Javi's dinner move smacked of desperation, of a guy who thought once he left the house, his wife would be stepping out on him and finding tinder dates. No, I can't thinkk of anything ncie to say, that's why I come here. :)

Exactly!  If he were home and Kail told him she wanted to get dressed up and go out to dinner with her friends, Javi would throw a shit fit and she probably would've ended up not going out at all.  And the flowers?  Desperate move, indeed.

46 minutes ago, Evie said:

Leah's seemed more together the last few episodes, but she was so out of it this episode. Am I crazy or when she was talking to Mama Dawn did she say "My mom was like ...." Was she so high she didn't know she was talking to her mom?

I thought I heard her say that and my first thought was also that she's so high, she doesn't realize that she's actually talking to her mom.  She's so incoherent most times that she probably doesn't realize what she's saying or who she's saying it to.

• Love 10

Exactly!  If he were home and Kail told him she wanted to get dressed up and go out to dinner with her friends, Javi would throw a shit fit and she probably would've ended up not going out at all.  And the flowers?  Desperate move, indeed.

Seriously. I would think Javi's little surprise was sweet and thoughtful if I didn't know who these people were.

Also, do guys really Facetime each other? I guess they do, as often as they gather in a hotel room for heart-to-heart chats on the eve of one's wedding.

• Love 11

I understand that Barb is mad, frustrated, and understandably so, but Christ on a cracker, the screaming and yelling. Janelle is a complete trainwreck, but Barb's yelling helps not one iota. Did anyone catch when Uncle Dave came out of the crackhouse (err..bedroom) with Kaiser on his hip and he and Barb proceeded to scream at each other with a terrified Kaiser in between them? 

Listen, Barb knows the drill. This is totally Janelle's MO..meet a guy...he instantly moves in and takes over her life and her bank account...tells Janelle to go for custody of Jace....Janelle gets pg..they fight constantly, do drugs together..they break up, complete with cops and DV and then she calls Barb and pretends to get her shit together...new guy appears..rinse and repeat. At some point she needs to make a decision WRT Jace that it's better that Janelle have no part of his life than to subject him to the crazy that he is part of now. I know down deep she really wants Janelle to snap out of it, but it's clear that isn't in the cards. She just needs to protect Jace. He is going to have a tough road ahead anyway, why make it worse by pretending that Janelle is getting more responsible...not gonna happen. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Jenelle's latest lunkhead boyfriend calls the cops on Barb, while Kail deals with a deployed husband and Aubree gets her first pair of (pink, of course, do you even watch this show?) glasses.

View the full article

I giggled at the reference to Overboard, a movie for which I have a soft spot despite that it, like the schools in Leah's area, isn't well.

• Love 6

Chelsea and her friends looking slutty with sky-high hair and a pound of make-up....meanwhile Cole looks like a complete dweeb with the american flag vest.  "Sign my vag".....gross!!!!  I'm not sure which is grosser...Chels talking about getting an autograph on her nether-regions, or that obnoxious baby voice of hers.

• Love 14

If it wasn't for Adumb and his douchebaggery, Chelsea would have no storyline. While Aubree is cute, I don't want to watch her going to the doctor and I certainly don't want to watch George McFly at a concert. I think Chelsea is sweet and part of me likes that there seems to be a sane person in the crazy of TM2, but I find myself not paying attention to her, because of bright lights of the train wrecks that are Janelle and Leah are blinding. Kail keeps me interested because of the inane statements that both she and Big Papi say. And Lincoln yelling puta every 30 seconds makes me laugh, I have to admit. The shot of her bff leaning on her shoulder trying to comfort her while placing her head just above the massive skull tattoo on her arm made my night.  

• Love 17
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:36 AM, Evie said:

<snip>

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:30 PM, Quita said:

<snip>

I thought I heard her say that and my first thought was also that she's so high, she doesn't realize that she's actually talking to her mom.  She's so incoherent most times that she probably doesn't realize what she's saying or who she's saying it to.

THANK YOU! I was questioning my own ability to keep track of all of Leah's children/baby daddies/friends/family when I heard her say that, and actually hit the "pause" button on the DVR remote so I could think about it for a minute.

"Wait - isn't she talking TO her mom?"

"Is it possible all along I only THOUGHT that was Leah's mom, but it isn't?"

"If that's NOT Leah's mom, who the hell is it?"

"Wait. No. That's Leah's mom for sure. Leah's just high. Again. And I'm not."

Un-pause and continue.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Misspelling
  • Love 21
29 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Seriously. I would think Javi's little surprise was sweet and thoughtful if I didn't know who these people were.

Also, do guys really Facetime each other? I guess they do, as often as they gather in a hotel room for heart-to-heart chats on the eve of one's wedding.

He bought those friends flowers to try and get them to stand up for him, or keep an eye on Kail. JUST BREAK UP. And no, guys do not Facetime each other unless both of them are getting paid. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

I don't get the sense that Barb grills Jace about Janelle's on a regular basis; I think in her own awkward way, she was giving him a chance to tell her how he felt, like that was her way of being compassionate, to let him express himself. Yes, of course she shoudl have given him the biggest hug and told him how special he is....but I guess she just doesn't have the skills to do that. She may not have a PhD in child-rearing but I'll say this about Barb. Her intentions are good, and she has a solid grasp of what's right and wrong, and what's real versus what's reality-show bullshit. Which is more than you can say for a lot of the rest of these people. 

Well written.  Barb is who Barb is.  I'm sure Jace is used to Barb's voice being loud with imperfect grammar.  It's who she is and he loves her.  It's not Barb that's going to do damage to Jace, it's Jenelle. 

For the first time I think that Barb needs to cut ties with Jenelle and refuse to let Jace go over there anymore.  I know Barb yelled that Jace wasn't going over there anymore, but I doubt she will be able to follow through with it. 

Jace told it like it is.  Jenelle and creepy ____ (insert latest boyfriend name) stay locked in their bedroom and sleep all day.  Jace is left to play video games or TV by himself or with some random kid there.  You would think that Jenelle would have all kinds of fun activities planned when she has a rare visit with her child, but no.  Piece of shit.

I loved how at the end they showed Jace leaning in to Barb and Barb stroking his hair.  They do have a special relationship despite everything.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

^^Seriously? He doesn't have a single white Hanes t-shirt?  Hell, turn a uniform tshirt inside out, but down sicken the masses with your ridiculous shirtlessness. Yuck.

He's probably hoping to have phone sex.  Gross.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Mama Dawn is back. Condoning two-year-olds eating cans of frosting in the middle of the day - "as long as they sit at the table". Because eating a bucket of artificially colored sugar while sitting on the floor would just be going too far. 

dying laughing here........this show just begs for the good lines.

• Love 4

I don't feel like I even have the energy to discuss Jenelle and Dave. I totally buy that they're in her room all day. She's probably back on drugs.

But didn't you hear she's super healthy?  She's drinking protein shakes!  She's eating low carb! She works out 2, 3 times a week!  Please.  I had the same thought as you.  Drugs.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Also, not to defend Jenelle, but I wonder if Jace does tell fibs and half-truths. I can see him doing that to feel like he has some control in the chaotic mess he was born into.

I thought that scene confirmed what Jace told Barb.  He told Barb that his mother sleeps all day in her room, doesn't do anything with him and he spends his time with the new girl, TV and X-Box.  That's exactly what we saw.

• Love 13

Much as Janelle's past sperm donors have been lunkheads and losers, this David guy is in a class of his own. Even Nathan has emotional range: he smiles, laughs, he pouts, he is sad, angry, he shows emotion. David is this emotional blank, no expression, not even an occasional eyebrow fluctuation or smirk or even frown. He is like a robot man. Which makes me wonder if he's one of those psychopathic types who has to fake emotions around other people because he feels nothing. He will someday soon "accidentally" break Jace's arm pulling him up off the floor and then blame him for being a pussy when he cries. 

• Love 17

I'm wondering, if Barb had like some really normal grown-up friends, maybe from church or something, that were willing to watch Jace one or two weekends a month to give her a break, would she still bring him down to Janelle's? I wonder how much of her allowing Janelle in is to give herself a much needed break or if she was surrounded/involved in so much dysfunction in her own life that she just doesn't realize what she's doing to him by allowing Janelle unsupervised time?

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

Much as Janelle's past sperm donors have been lunkheads and losers, this David guy is in a class of his own. Even Nathan has emotional range: he smiles, laughs, he pouts, he is sad, angry, he shows emotion. David is this emotional blank, no expression, not even an occasional eyebrow fluctuation or smirk or even frown. He is like a robot man. Which makes me wonder if he's one of those psychopathic types who has to fake emotions around other people because he feels nothing. He will someday soon "accidentally" break Jace's arm pulling him up off the floor and then blame him for being a pussy when he cries. 

I think he's just dumb as rocks. 

• Love 2

I think any of that time Jace gets with Jenelle is driven by 25% Barb wanting a break (because chances are Jace is a challenging kid, add that nephew in to the mix...) and 75% blind hope that this time things will be different and Jenelle will turn it around. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Phoebe70 said:

Chelsea and her friends looking slutty with sky-high hair and a pound of make-up....meanwhile Cole looks like a complete dweeb with the american flag vest.  "Sign my vag".....gross!!!!  I'm not sure which is grosser...Chels talking about getting an autograph on her nether-regions, or that obnoxious baby voice of hers.

Chelsea was at least reasonably covered up. Her friends looked like they were about to spend the night giving blow jobs in a gas station parking lot so they could score enough cash to buy meth. 

At first I thought Cole was wearing that vest as a kitschy joke, but then did a double take when I realized he was serious. I know everyone loves them as a couple, but I find them to be a weird mismatch. Aside from a mutual love of baby voices, I can't for the life of me figure out what they have in common.

• Love 11