Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: While You Were Out

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

If it wasn't for Adumb and his douchebaggery, Chelsea would have no storyline. While Aubree is cute, I don't want to watch her going to the doctor and I certainly don't want to watch George McFly at a concert. I think Chelsea is sweet and part of me likes that there seems to be a sane person in the crazy of TM2, but I find myself not paying attention to her, because of bright lights of the train wrecks that are Janelle and Leah are blinding. Kail keeps me interested because of the inane statements that both she and Big Papi say. And Lincoln yelling puta every 30 seconds makes me laugh, I have to admit. The shot of her bff leaning on her shoulder trying to comfort her while placing her head just above the massive skull tattoo on her arm made my night.  

George McFly = hysterical!  Yes, I can see it.

I burst out laughing each time I hear Lincoln say puta.  Mainly because I believe Javi's dad taught him that in reference to Kail.

• Love 6

Thank goodness, it wasn't just me who heard Leah say "My Mom" TO her mom. I did the pause/rewind/oh she's just high as hell again thing too.

I got glasses when I was 6 and wore them my whole life (until Lasik set me free!). I remember being excited too, I was allowed to pick them out! I was impressed that Chelsea pricked up her ears when Aubree said that things were blurry and took her to an eye doctor right away. In my case the nuns had to send a letter home, when you grow up not being able to see clearly you kind of think that's just what stuff looks like. No way would some of these other teen moms be on top of it.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, lidarose9 said:

Much as Janelle's past sperm donors have been lunkheads and losers, this David guy is in a class of his own. Even Nathan has emotional range: he smiles, laughs, he pouts, he is sad, angry, he shows emotion. David is this emotional blank, no expression, not even an occasional eyebrow fluctuation or smirk or even frown. He is like a robot man. Which makes me wonder if he's one of those psychopathic types who has to fake emotions around other people because he feels nothing. He will someday soon "accidentally" break Jace's arm pulling him up off the floor and then blame him for being a pussy when he cries. 

You totally just described Jenelle's emotional void, too.

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Chelsea was at least reasonably covered up. Her friends looked like they were about to spend the night giving blow jobs in a gas station parking lot so they could score enough cash to buy meth. 

At first I thought Cole was wearing that vest as a kitschy joke, but then did a double take when I realized he was serious. I know everyone loves them as a couple, but I find them to be a weird mismatch. Aside from a mutual love of baby voices, I can't for the life of me figure out what they have in common.

And save for Chelsea, none of them were wearing coats even though there was snow on the ground. Maybe the alcohol kept them warm.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Quita said:

George McFly = hysterical!  Yes, I can see it.

I burst out laughing each time I hear Lincoln say puta.  Mainly because I believe Javi's dad taught him that in reference to Kail.

I bet the real story behind the word "puta" is Javi's mother probably muttered it every time Kail walked by or left the house so Lincoln associates it with family members.

• Love 8

He bought those friends flowers to try and get them to stand up for him, or keep an eye on Kail. JUST BREAK UP.

At first I thought it was sweet. But then I thought about what was going through Javi's mind. Now I think this was his way of saying, "There, you got a night out, away from the kids. It's out of your system". But he did it in a way where HE controlled it - all girls, tame restaurant, etc. 

This show has made me so cynical!

Well written.  Barb is who Barb is.  I'm sure Jace is used to Barb's voice being loud with imperfect grammar.  It's who she is and he loves her.  It's not Barb that's going to do damage to Jace, it's Jenelle. 

For the first time I think that Barb needs to cut ties with Jenelle and refuse to let Jace go over there anymore.  I know Barb yelled that Jace wasn't going over there anymore, but I doubt she will be able to follow through with it.

A child can be "used to" their abuser, but damage is still be done. Barb isn't as bad as Jenelle, but she's not very good either. All that screaming around children is NOT good for them. It's scary as hell, I don't care how many times it happens. She is reinforcing to Jace that when he has an issue with someone he should scream at them and follow them around and not leave when they ask. And the back and forth - telling him "no more mommy" and pulling back for a few weeks, then sending him there again - that's all very confusing and traumatizing to Jace. I know she loves him, but she really kind of sucks as a parent. Just not as bad as Jenelle does. 

But didn't you hear she's super healthy?  She's drinking protein shakes!  She's eating low carb! She works out 2, 3 times a week!  Please.  I had the same thought as you.  Drugs.

When she said, "I work out vigorously", I thought - steroids? Amped up on coke? What is it?

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, ElderPrice said:

I was impressed that Chelsea pricked up her ears when Aubree said that things were blurry and took her to an eye doctor right away. In my case the nuns had to send a letter home, when you grow up not being able to see clearly you kind of think that's just what stuff looks like. No way would some of these other teen moms be on top of it.

Hell, Jenelle would probably be glad if Kaiser ended up having vision problems. "Pass me the pipe, he can't even see what we're doing". I can't wait until he's old enough to start school, and out of her care for a good chunk of the day. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This is my own personal bias, but I always feel like MTV cuts off the discussions among family about three sentences before they start talking about praying her condition away and giving themselves over to Jesus to fix the condition. It's absolutely against doctor's orders to have her playing tee ball, I mean it flies in the face of what he said directly: she needs to minimize how much she's using her muscles because her condition is degenerative. This isn't a Disney movie, I hate to be the cold light of day. That kid is precious, she needs to be treated that way.  

I totally agree, I think all of team Messer-Simms-Calvert is holding out hope that one day Ali will wake up and run a marathon, and they can have a movie made about them with Candace Cameron Bure as Leah. I get that sometimes people think all they have to hold on to is their faith. But in this case, they actually have fucking science and technology and resources that could really enhance Ali's life, and help her maintain what she has, but this motley crew doesn't actually hear anything the doctors say. They have this "we're the parents and we know best attitude" that is actually wrong and harmful. They definitely love her more than Dr. Tsao does, but they don't  know more about Muscular Dystrophy.

There are so many things they can do, but just don't. They could give her a better diet, with more fruits and protein. They could take Grace and Addy to those groups for kids who have siblings with disabilities, so they can learn that they're not alone, and that they're important too. They can stop acting like using the willchair is Ali being a quitter? (Does anyone else feel like Corey has quoted Vince Lombardi at her?) They could actually do some research on MD that extends beyond the first three google results. They have so much familial support, money, etc. They can afford to help her make the most of her life. Instead, Leah's more concerned with chasing dicks and getting Grace to cheer so she can be the next Leah. And I like Corey, but I think he's  still in denial that this is going to progressively get worse.

• Love 19
46 minutes ago, butterbody said:

And why not take Ali to an art class? She's always on the floor drawing. It's something she can do that will be only for her, and something she'll be able to continue if her legs stop working. I love that girl so much. I wish her mom weren't such a twat. 

I think she goes to Choir already, which is a good step, to their credit. But I agree. I think the more non-physical activities separate from her sisters, the better.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

DV Dave is very scary... Going on to Jenelle's mother about how they're HIS children.  Yikes. This guy is going to be the one to put Jenelle into a coma. 

Seriously, the way that dude is so possessive over Kaiser is creepy. It's like Kaiser is the substitute for the son he's banned from contacting.

When Jace made the comment about Jenelle sleeping all day, my first thought was isn't that typical addict behavior? We've seen Leah do the same thing. I'd bet any amount of money Jenelle is using. It may not be heroin, but it could be coke, pills or meth. She was looking awfully scabby on the previous week's episode.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

When Jace made the comment about Jenelle sleeping all day, my first thought was isn't that typical addict behavior?

yes indeed.  Either they stayed up all night partying on coke, or they're in a nod, or hungover, etc.  I can totally see Jenelle thinking she's "sober" because she only drinks and smokes weed.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, charmed1 said:

And notice Corey asks them to choose their clothes for tomorrow not for two minutes before they're out the door.

I loved it when he asked Gracie if she wanted to wear Camo and her response.

Speaking of which, I don't know why I hadn't noticed it before but Gracie's behavior was so much better than it's been in this episode. Wonder how long they'd  been living under the new arrangement at this point.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I felt awful for Ali during the cheer scenes. I have never dealt with a child that has a disability, so I have no idea what the right way to handle that situation should be. But maybe Ali shouldn't have to go watch her sister cheer? She obviously wants to do it, but can't. That must be really hard. Maybe she could have some one-on-one time with someone else during that time? I don't know, I know it's hard to juggle three kids and different activities. But it just made me sad for her.

Argh I wrote up a reply to this earlier and I'm not sure what happened to it. My phone was being weird so that's probably it. I apologize if this is somehow a repeat but I don't think so.

Anyway, I've BEEN that child with the disability. I was a little older than Ali when I got sick, but I could really relate to her feelings. Even before I could return to school, my classmates would invite me to events so I was there for "Sports-o-Rama," the Thanksgiving Turkey run, etc. I was in a wheelchair full time so I couldn't do much in the way of the activities, but I handed out popsicles to my friends when they got back from the track. Sometimes I loved being part of it, sometimes it got to be too much and I ended up sobbing and going home. For literally years I had dreams about what it must be like to have normal strength and be able to run, and those events always made them more vivid. (for that matter I'm still way weaker than an average person and I still can't run, but the dreams stopped eventually)

I wish they'd give her a choice of what she'd like to do. Maybe she really does want to be there with her sister, even if it's hard for her. There are still things she could do that would be participating, like for example using her crafty skills to make practice pom poms or decorations for the walls. She could also do "seated cheer" and just do the upper body parts. As others have mentioned yes she'll start seeing the differences in what she can and can't do more and more, but I actually think that's a pretty "safe" environment to see it and start adjusting as opposed to in front of a whole bunch of kids who may or may not be kind and tactful.

Or if she doesn't want to be there, maybe it could be her special night to do something with a friend or relative - something just for her that doesn't involve the doctor. I was originally thinking take her out for ice cream or something but then realized a fresh fruit and veggie tray might be a bigger treat.

Also, why haven't they shown her in Choir again? Seemed like a perfect activity for her. Art class seems like a good idea, too. Along the lines of the fruit/veggie thing I even thought an age-appropriate cooking class. She does seem to care what she eats, so she might like that.

• Love 17

I am on my phone and can't embedded the screenshot but someone on Reddit called Javi out for his feeling like he is in prison comments. Basically, the person listed all the amenities on the base Javi is stationed like movie theater, several American fast food places and two gyms (gotta do his Crossfit).

• Love 11

Let me just preface this by saying, I have not read any of the posts and I'm sure someone has talked about this already (God, I hope so), but please, please someone get that poor little boy, Jace, away from both Jenelle and Barb. I know Barb's been trying to do what's right by him, but I am so pissed off right now watching the way he is being put in the middle of all of this toxicity. He does not need to be grilled on what is going on at his mother's house. CPS needs to be called for this child immediately!!!!!! 

If there is a God above, please, please let Nathan get custody of Kaiser and let CPS step in and take over the care of Jace. I truly believe that poor little boy would be better off in foster care right now -- and I know what the foster care system is like, but Jesus, what that little one is suffering through is just absolutely unbelievable. If MTV has any pull at all, they need to step in NOW.

• Love 7

I seriously gagged watching Kail pick hair out of the cookie dough. I'm gagging now typing it. Disgusting. Seriously, cookies are not rocket science. They looked like incompetent asses when that mess was in the oven. And once again she proves what a total bitch she is in the restaurant when she said, "If he was here he wouldn't take us out." The tone of her voice was just so nasty and clipped. And I'm sorry but she deserves no medal for doing what she is supposed to be doing while her Bag O'Benefits is on the job. These are your kids, you are not a slave to a minimum wage job and scared to call out sick because you won't be able to pay your rent and all the other stresses that come with being a real single mom. She has money to hire help if friends/family are not available so cry me a river with all the woe is me having to do everything on my own. 

Chelsea's getting married. Chelsea's going to a concert. Aubree has a recital/doctor's appointment/playdate... boring. Her baby voice at the beginning while looking at the saw was just infantile. She was acting like a 13 year old girl does to get attention by being all freaked out trying to do something. You're a fucking adult. Listen to the directions on how to use the thing and use it. Stop acting like such a stupid helpless baby. IMO it's just so unattractive.

This episode more than any other, made me weep for Jace. That poor boy. Am I correct that the picture of what appeared to be a drugged out Janelle was from some other time? That's odd.

Nothing to say about Leah. Her story line is like a skipping record. Same thing every week. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, berly57 said:

Let me just preface this by saying, I have not read any of the posts and I'm sure someone has talked about this already (God, I hope so), but please, please someone get that poor little boy, Jace, away from both Jenelle and Barb. I know Barb's been trying to do what's right by him, but I am so pissed off right now watching the way he is being put in the middle of all of this toxicity. He does not need to be grilled on what is going on at his mother's house. CPS needs to be called for this child immediately!!!!!!

Unless CPS is far less busy there than they are here, they won't do anything. He's being fed, clothed, sent to school, and not physically abused. 

Although I agree with your sentiment 100%. I felt so awful for him especially in this episode.

• Love 9

Ali is breaking my heart and I'm worried about her.  She's seemed so sad and subdued all season.  I miss the saucy little girl who called her sister a piece of fudge.  I wish there was something I could do to help her feel better both physically and emotionally.

I will never believe that Leah cleaned her house up herself.  Either someone was hired to do it or TR couldn't stand it any more and cleaned it up.

Uncle Dave is scary.  I was impressed that little Barbara had the guts to stand up to him and throw Nathan being Kaiser's father in his face.  Jenelle is so full of it with her story about locking herself in the bedroom to apply her makeup.  If that's what she was doing, why would she have Uncle Dave and Kaiser in there with her?  He could have been out watching the kids while she was doing it. Plus, who wants a man and a toddler in the room when they're putting on makeup? Too bad she's not as smart as she thinks she is.

Aubree and eye drops reminded me of when my son was in the second grade and had pink eye.  He thought the metal tube of medicine was going to cut his eye and it was struggle to get him to let me put it in his eye.  Aubree's adorable in her new glasses.  I did not miss Adumb this episode.

It's hard to watch Kail when I know what's going on in RL. Thank goodness we have Lincoln to provide the comic relief.

• Love 8

Re: the cookies, maybe I'm an idiot but don't they usually request prepackaged things because won't homemade cookies be stale by the time they get there?  I thought things like beef jerky and trail mix and candy etc were the best kinds of things to send. Of course homemade cookies (not Kail's) are probably tastier but how long does it take for a package to get from Delaware to wherever Javi is?  Maybe this is a dumb question.

• Love 4

Corey "falled" papers. Just "dill" with it. Sometimes I speak like Leah just to amuse myself.

Chelsea: "How do I look?" Cole: "Stunning." Chelsea: "Fat?" LOL

Of course Addy couldn't eat homemade, from-scratch frosting or anything like that. Grass-fed butter, real vanilla bean, etc. It had to be that artificial shit-in-a-can. Of course it did.

I wasn't aware that sending people bouquets of flowers was "creative". Noted.

• Love 9
(edited)
15 hours ago, poopchute said:

Re: the cookies, maybe I'm an idiot but don't they usually request prepackaged things because won't homemade cookies be stale by the time they get there?  I thought things like beef jerky and trail mix and candy etc were the best kinds of things to send. Of course homemade cookies (not Kail's) are probably tastier but how long does it take for a package to get from Delaware to wherever Javi is?  Maybe this is a dumb question.

My older brother was in Vietnam, stationed on a Naval ship (never saw combat, thank God - he got kitchen duty on the ship). At any rate, I was about 9 or 10 at the time, and baking cookies and sending them to family members in the service was very common back then. I remember helping my mom bake chocolate chip, gingersnaps, etc. (from scratch!) for my brother. We'd wrap them two at a time, bottoms facing each other, in waxed paper, then stack them in a box surrounded by (plain, unbuttered) popcorn. Wrapped and packed that way, they'd stay fresh (and unbroken) for the three-four weeks it would take for the box to arrive. (I have a cookbook somewhere in my collection published in the late 60's describing this exact way for wrapping/packing cookies to send "to the boys")

I remember we'd always get a thank you letter back from him telling us the entire box would be gone in minutes; all the boys shared any home-baked goodies sent to them with all their buddies onboard ship.

Note: The cookies we made rivaled anything you could get from a bakery; this was before cookie mixes and refrigerated dough had been invented, and most people were able to bake their own cookies/cakes/pies./etc. from scratch successfully.

It occurred to me after I posted this perhaps using popped, plain, unsalted and unbuttered popcorn as a packing material might have contributed to keeping the cookies fresh (similar to putting a slice of plain white bread in the bottom of a cookie jar). So, I did some research, and apparently using popcorn serves the same function (in addition to protecting the cookies from breakage).

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Additional information
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, poopchute said:

My husband went over seas For his job as a civilian employee of his army depot. He went to Baghdad I'm 2004 when it was full on scary! He was there 4 months.  Then went to Kuwait for a yr in 2008 and another year in 2010.  Not that you needed to know all that. lol. Each time he was there I would mail him his monthly prescription and snacks, things he may need. It took almost exactly one week for mail to be received either direction. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I am on my phone and can't embedded the screenshot but someone on Reddit called Javi out for his feeling like he is in prison comments. Basically, the person listed all the amenities on the base Javi is stationed like movie theater, several American fast food places and two gyms (gotta do his Crossfit).

My son in law was on a year long deployment last year and although the base in kawait had a gym, pool, fast food, etc he too likened it to bring injail. I totally give him a pass on it. If you are not military you don't understand that you are pretty much stuck and can't leave 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, NikSac said:

Unless CPS is far less busy there than they are here, they won't do anything. He's being fed, clothed, sent to school, and not physically abused. 

Although I agree with your sentiment 100%. I felt so awful for him especially in this episode.

Yeah, unfortunately what Barb, Jenelle, and Nathan are doing/have done to those two kids is NOTHING compared to what CPS deals with on a regular basis. It's not illegal to be a truly awful parent, or far fewer people would have custody of children.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Abmis said:

Ali is breaking my heart and I'm worried about her.  She's seemed so sad and subdued all season.  I miss the saucy little girl who called her sister a piece of fudge.  I wish there was something I could do to help her feel better both physically and emotionally.

She's probably freaking exhausted from being forced to walk and fall all the time. And now she's going to be RUNNING?  Makes me angry.

Of course all the kids have plenty to be stressed about, but physical exhaustion could be a major contributor when it comes to Ali. It's hard to deal with anything else when you're tired, weak, and in pain.

• Love 10

I was stationed where I believe Javi is right now -- as both active duty military and civilian DoD employee. The place is like prison. Yeah, there's a movie theater but you have to watch a clip of Whitney Houston song the National Anthem before the movie. Sometimes the movies are edited. You can't relax and kick back in the theater because you don't know if anyone from your chain of command is behind you. Anyone "calling" Javi out is an asshole.  It's even more difficult being a woman in these situations. 

• Love 11

I have a theory that Leah has switched from opioids/downers to some sort of uppers. That why she seems (relatively) more on top of her shit the past few episodes (I mean not nodding out mid-sentence & fake vacuuming, for example). It's also why she looked so thin and like shit on the after show. 

Leah admitted on the after show that she shouldn't have married Jeremy so quickly. It was almost like she had some self-realization going on (but given what we know she's currently up to, I guess that was fleeting). 

Jenelle was either high as shit and/or Dave had beat her ass. Probably both. 

If Jenelle and David complain about Jace being there where he can hear them (and I believe they do), they are truly the biggest pieces of shit ever. How horrible for poor Jace. And shit, Jace is six and can fend for himself in a lot of ways....he can get himself food/drinks from the fridge, is potty trained, is verbal, etc. What the hell do they say around or to poor Kaiser who is so much more work? They may not think he understands at that age (who am I kidding that they'd care), but little kids take in more than we know. I really wish Jenelle wouldn't have been so selfish and would have given Jace to a family who desperately WANTED a child. I can just see her now hiding in her room high or tired from being pregnant (or both) and bitching because Jace wants to play video games and she doesn't want to share the PlayStation with him. "Oh my god dude. I'm so stressed out and David and I are playing Call of Duty right now! Go watch a video in the other room with Marissa! God, you stress me out when you're here." 

In some ways I'm kind of glad creepy/scary David is around because at least Kaiser seems to be getting held by someone, but damn, I worry for those kids. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

In some ways I'm kind of glad creepy/scary David is around because at least Kaiser seems to be getting held by someone, but damn, I worry for those kids. 

Well, or being pushed to toddle across the couch and land on the floor. Thank goodness he missed thunking his head on the coffee table. But true, at least Dave pays some attention to him.

• Love 5

I know it's already been addressed but Leah is so damn stupid, does she really think Corey drafted the legal paperwork himself just to screw with her? 

This is typical shit that happens in court, it's not personal. Her dumb ass lawyer really should know West Virginia law so it's her fault for filing the order incorrectly.

Jenelle and Uncle Dave were obviously getting high in the bedroom and that's why they didn't want to come out. I also think Dave is a controlling psychopath and probably threatened Jenelle if she tried to leave the room. There's some weird shit going on in that house. 

• Love 8

For the love, I don't even understand why Jenelle locking herself in the room to put on her makeup was a much better excuse, the kids should not be outside playing by the street unsupervised even if you are locked in the room baking them cookies... While yes locking yourself in the room to shoot up perhaps does make it extra bad... But she seems to think that is what people are upset over, and it's not its the fact that she was locked in the room period.  And also barb went telling through the house with no response for a while, what if that was a child looking for her because something was wrong!? One of jenelle's excuses was that weren't alone with the camera people and a security person outside, but they aren't there to watch her child, and MTV has a reputation that they don't step in unless it's necessary, I would hope they would step in sooner for a child but it's not really their responsibility. I'm sure they are decent human beings and would do it, but my point is they aren't there to care for the kids. Jenelle can lose me with the lying... I'm sure at times he exaggerates and does say what he thinks the other wants to hear but those descriptions were pretty spot on for Jenelle. 

• Love 9

I thought Barbara was just horrible this episode. I understand her feelings completely, but the way she acted was just not right. She really needs to learn some self-control.  She was not being any type of role model to Jace at all. She should have walked in the house calmly, knocked on the door, asked Janelle to come out, and if she wouldn't, then tell her she was taking Jace home and left, and then not answered the phone when she called.

I am sure Barbara is deeply conflicted about her relationship with Janelle. I wish she would get herself a therapist and go to therapy off-camera so she could get support and learn how to cope better with this crap situation.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I thought Barbara was just horrible this episode. I understand her feelings completely, but the way she acted was just not right. She really needs to learn some self-control.  She was not being any type of role model to Jace at all. She should have walked in the house calmly, knocked on the door, asked Janelle to come out, and if she wouldn't, then tell her she was taking Jace home and left, and then not answered the phone when she called.

I agree. No matter what Barb does to help her daughter, Jenelle will always choose her boyfriend over her mother and Jace. Barb knew damn well Jenelle was high. If she suspected domestic violence, she would've told the cops when they arrived at the scene.

At some point Barb needs to exit the land of denial, write Jenelle off as a lost cause and do what she can to protect Jace. 

• Love 5

I think she wanted to see if David had beat the shit out of her, or if she was high and the other kids needed looked after. Even taking Jace with her would leave Kaiser and David's daughter there, and you would want to make sure they could be taken care of before you left.  She made a point to bring up his domestic violence charges when yelling about why didn't Janelle want to see her. Barb's waiting for it just like us. Only, it is probably eating her up inside since she is closer to the situation. 

I don't think Janelle sees Jace except during filming. She was caught posting old photos on her social media making it look like she was with Jace one week, but someone pointed out how his hair changed lengths every day. If they film each girl one week a month (one of the girls said that somewhere), except when something big is going on, then that is probably the only time Janelle sees Jace, and in this episode, Barb was trying to limit it to just Saturday. 

It's clear to us viewers that Janelle doesn't want him, and now that he feels that way too, I hope Barb does put a stop to the visits again. In the past, she has not allowed her to visit him for long periods of time. The last time was what got her off her ass to the attorney's office to file for custody, and the attorney told her she would have to choose Jace or Nathan, and she choose Nathan because of Kaiser. She'll choose David over Jace and Kaiser because of this new (non)pregnancy, and maybe Barb will meet a nice new man on her new show who will be a good role model for Jace, and he will grow into a model citizen. Maybe become a social worker like Cate and Ty since he has a background like them. I'm not ready to cut my losses with these kids, but Janelle, Nathan and David can take a long walk off a short pier. I don't think they are likely to become contributing members of society, and are, in fact, just menaces. If Nate gets custody he may become less of a menace, since he has nothing to fight about so no reason to be causing trouble, but I'm not sold on his future.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

+1.

I was about to post that and you beat me to it.  I see him in non military shirts on the regular on his social media sites.  

I hate to defend Papi Javi but for the essence of clarity, I read somewhere that he is in Qatar. It's probably hot as blazes over there compared to NE United States. Plus, I highly doubt the military would have AC in the barracks. I have traveled to Turkey and it is hot as blazes over there 100 degrees plus. He's probably melting his tush off. Lol. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The scene where Leah gave Addie the can of frosting and a spoon with her mom's blessing made me sick and angry. Giving her a spoonful is one thing, but letting her eat as much as she wants is sad. She's still a baby. From what I have seen, Leah doesn't care what her kids eat. This bothers me, especially when she has a child with a severe disability who would benefit from a healthful diet. I'm sure she would've let Ali down a can of frosting, too, not giving it a second thought.

In the sneak peek for next week, Corey brings up concerns about Ali's weight and believes she has been losing weight for several months, maybe up to 5 pounds. He said she hadn't been eating enough. Leah seemed clueless. When Leah was handing Ali off to Corey, Ali was clutching a can of pop. Why is she even allowed to have pop?  I Googled it, and it is recommended that if you have muscular dystrophy, refined food such as sugar, pasta and white bread be avoided. I don't know about Corey, but in Leah's care, the kids are constantly eating sugar and junk. Along with the wheelchair/walking issue, it makes me so sad for Ali that her condition might be worsened by lack of care about her diet.

Edited by starfire
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I was stationed where I believe Javi is right now -- as both active duty military and civilian DoD employee. The place is like prison. Yeah, there's a movie theater but you have to watch a clip of Whitney Houston song the National Anthem before the movie. Sometimes the movies are edited. You can't relax and kick back in the theater because you don't know if anyone from your chain of command is behind you. Anyone "calling" Javi out is an asshole.  It's even more difficult being a woman in these situations. 

That's interesting! When edited versions were shown, how were they edited? For length, or content (words and suggestive scenes)?

• Love 3

Regarding the girlses and cheer, maybe Leah could look into another gym where they offer a squad for special needs children. Our gym has a special needs team where Alli could cheer in her chair and every competition we go to has at least three special needs teams. Of course with Leah and company,it has probably never occurred to them that there are activities geared toward special needs kids.

• Love 9
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:39 PM, lidarose9 said:

I found that whole episode disturbing. My heart breaks for Jace. That was just fucking brutal, for all of those kids to experience. David is an enormous guy and Barb is small -- those kids knew they were an inch away from something physical, and I think they were scared as hell. I understand why Barb lost her shit, but she should know better. Collect the relevant offspring and leave. And don't answer when Jenelle calls five minutes later.

But really, it's apparent to me that shouting is part of daily life with Barb and her children. Barb must have grown up that way. Some families shout and some don't. My family never shouted so I find it really disturbing. But maybe both Barb and Jenelle believe that that is normal, to constantly shout. Whatever.  

I don't get the sense that Barb grills Jace about Janelle's on a regular basis; I think in her own awkward way, she was giving him a chance to tell her how he felt, like that was her way of being compassionate, to let him express himself. Yes, of course she shoudl have given him the biggest hug and told him how special he is....but I guess she just doesn't have the skills to do that. She may not have a PhD in child-rearing but I'll say this about Barb. Her intentions are good, and she has a solid grasp of what's right and wrong, and what's real versus what's reality-show bullshit. Which is more than you can say for a lot of the rest of these people. 

Naw, I've got a feeling that Jenelle grew up seeing the same shit Jace saw during that episode.  Remember how upset everyone was when poor Jace was in the backseat singing that rainbow song while Jenelle was crying her eyes out about Nathan being so "mean" to her?  That was pretty much exactly what Barb was doing in this episode.  That whole scene was disgusting to watch.  Jenelle is clearly emulating what she saw growing up and I have no doubt Jace will be doing the same in 10-15 years.  What a horrible cycle that fucked up family is perpetuating.

I was snickering when Jenelle and Dave were going on an on about what a horrible person Nathan is.  Everything they were complaining about him allegedly "doing" however?  Consisted of nothing more than him daring to want to see his son.  What a MONSTER!  Nathan is no prize, but absolutely zero of what they were bitching about had any actual merit.  I wanted to throat punch both of them in their idiotic, smug faces.

Speaking of idiotic and smug....Leah?  Um, Corey's lawyer HAS to object to using terminology in a LEGAL PLEADING that is not LEGAL within the state you reside in, you dolt.  And the only thing he's doing to your children is trying to provide them with the secure, stable home your ignorant, hillbilly ass seem incapable of providing.  My god I cannot handle these girls.  The sense of entitlement is astounding.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, mscav said:

Regarding the girlses and cheer, maybe Leah could look into another gym where they offer a squad for special needs children. Our gym has a special needs team where Alli could cheer in her chair and every competition we go to has at least three special needs teams. Of course with Leah and company,it has probably never occurred to them that there are activities geared toward special needs kids.

Seriously, they have adaptive everything these days. Surely there must be some kind of program that Ali could join where she could do all kinds of activities that are designed around her physical limitations. But I agree that it likely never occurs to any of these people about such things.

When Leah was handing Ali off to Corey, Ali was clutching a can of pop. Why is she even allowed to have pop?  I Googled it, and it is recommended that if you have muscular dystrophy, refined food such as sugar, pasta and white bread be avoided. I don't know about Corey, but in Leah's care, the kids are constantly eating sugar and junk. Along with the wheelchair/walking issue, it makes me so sad for Ali that her condition might be worsened by lack of care about her diet.

A child her age shouldn't be drinking soda in the first place. (Am I turning into a fuddy duddy?) It breaks my heart that this little girl is probably going to end up worse off than she needed to be, and faster, just due to a lack of intelligent care by her caregivers.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 6

There's an audible snort/sniffing sound when Barb goes to the bedroom door. Again a few seconds later. Coincidence? Maybe. But I definitely heard it.

Leah looks awful in the after show. Yikes. 

The baby voices are torturous. 

Lincoln is awesome. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

I hate to defend Papi Javi but for the essence of clarity, I read somewhere that he is in Qatar. It's probably hot as blazes over there compared to NE United States. Plus, I highly doubt the military would have AC in the barracks. I have traveled to Turkey and it is hot as blazes over there 100 degrees plus. He's probably melting his tush off. Lol. 

I've never been to Qatar, but I live in Vegas and the heat is torture at times. Tourists on the Strip drop like flies during the summer. The locals pretty much hole up indoors until the sun starts to fade. Javi is probably going stir crazy. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

I was impressed that Chelsea pricked up her ears when Aubree said that things were blurry and took her to an eye doctor right away. In my case the nuns had to send a letter home, when you grow up not being able to see clearly you kind of think that's just what stuff looks like. No way would some of these other teen moms be on top of it.

I gotta say, I know Chelsea's not perfect, and tbh if I knew her IRL she'd probs drive me shithouse, but I really think that she does the absolute best she can, which is more than  I can say for almost everyone here, except for Barb and Corey.

• Love 7
(edited)

I deleted the after show without watching it because it usually makes me irrational, lol. Has anyone got a screen shot of Leah?

ETA: The word I was looking for is stabby. The after show makes me feel stabby.

Edited by Katt
  • Love 5

I think Chelsea is a good mom, but taking her kid to the eye doctor is something anyone would've done. Chelsea stands out as extraordinary because the bar is set so abysmally low for the girls on this show. 

• Love 12

Seriously, while she's certainly the most normal mom on the show, it's not like she's supermom. 

How has no one mentioned the four dinner date girls all talking about fucking their showerheads? I get it, we all have needs, everyone does it, but seemed like a strange convo to have in front of television cameras. Her friend's inquiry into how she's handling the idea of celibacy seems like it might reveal something, too, like they all know how Kail is, and none of them believe she won't fuck another person while Javi's on deployment. 

• Love 8