Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I’d be fine with a Lucky recast, but I don’t see how the character would impact Sam, Dante AND Britt. Yes, he and Sam had a thing forever ago, but I doubt the writers even know about it. And Britt…?

While I am NOT hoping for a Jason recast, that is the only character I can think of that would have a connection with all three: Sam because of their past. (And even though they are over, she could certainly re-develop feelings if the plot decrees. Besides, didn’t the characters break up partly because KM and SB didn’t want to work together anymore? If so, a new actor would solve that problem.) Dante because of jealousy over Sam. Britt because she has terrible taste in men.

I also feel like we’ve gotten a lot of Jason anvils in recent days. Britt is sad because everyone has dates except for her… Monica is moving forward with declaring him dead… Carly is missing Jason’s non-verbal “support” and Drew won’t fill the role… I don’t want it, but I can feel it coming.

Or, cross your fingers, maybe I’m wrong and it’s a new character altogether. Not that the show needs another one. But when has that ever stopped them?

• Love 1
On 5/12/2022 at 11:21 PM, 30 Helens said:

I’d be fine with a Lucky recast, but I don’t see how the character would impact Sam, Dante AND Britt. Yes, he and Sam had a thing forever ago, but I doubt the writers even know about it. And Britt…?

While I am NOT hoping for a Jason recast, that is the only character I can think of that would have a connection with all three: Sam because of their past. (And even though they are over, she could certainly re-develop feelings if the plot decrees. Besides, didn’t the characters break up partly because KM and SB didn’t want to work together anymore? If so, a new actor would solve that problem.) Dante because of jealousy over Sam. Britt because she has terrible taste in men.

I also feel like we’ve gotten a lot of Jason anvils in recent days. Britt is sad because everyone has dates except for her… Monica is moving forward with declaring him dead… Carly is missing Jason’s non-verbal “support” and Drew won’t fill the role… I don’t want it, but I can feel it coming.

Or, cross your fingers, maybe I’m wrong and it’s a new character altogether. Not that the show needs another one. But when has that ever stopped them?

Jason seems so obvious but then Sonny brought up the Monica thing of declaring Jason officially dead-dead. It seems like we’ll get our answers earlier then later so we’ll find out soon. Luckily this isn’t Days. We wouldn’t see or know anything until 9 months from now. LOL!!! I do agree it can’t be a stranger with no ties to anyone in Port Charles so it’s gotta be Jason……I guess. 

Does anyone know more about the controversy this weekend involving the actor who plays Rory? All I know is that it's an "old tweets" situation, and some people are accepting his response that he's changed since a decade ago, and other people are saying he needs to go.

My understanding is that some of the tweets are not all that old and from 2020, but my understanding is also that I really don't care very much about GH twitter drama or about this actor or character.

• Love 2

Someone pulled up the Rory actor’s old racist and homophobic tweets (even though some of them aren’t that old; they were from two years ago).  Now, he’s claiming that he was young when he made those tweets and that he’s changed and if anyone has any questions, direct message him and he will reply back.

So, you have some people who believe he’s changed and are defending him.  Then, you have people who don’t believe he’s changed.  Especially with those tweets from two years ago.

But for some reason, some people are actually mad that someone went digging for those old tweets instead of what the tweets say.

• Love 3

It's funny, because with new, possibly heroic characters we're always waiting to find out if they're really stalkers or Nazis or whatever, so I had a split second of thinking "I knew it!" before it sunk in it was the actor! 

I guess I'll look up the specifics of his tweets, but (stating the obvious) if it's racist in general I can't imagine the Trina actress will feel comfortable with that. 

• Love 3

This happens so often (especially with reality tv stars) that I don’t know how people haven’t caught on and wiped their online history as soon as they get a good gig. Agents should recommend that automatically. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, racked said:

This happens so often (especially with reality tv stars) that I don’t know how people haven’t caught on and wiped their online history as soon as they get a good gig. Agents should recommend that automatically. 

That's what I thought at first, but in this case, he had done that, and people unearthed them anyway,

• Useful 1
38 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That's what I thought at first, but in this case, he had done that, and people unearthed them anyway,

someone was screenshotting this man’s Twitter years ago in case he ever got famous? That’s some real hate dedication from people in his life! Twitter is a wild place 

• LOL 1

I'm old but even I know that you shouldn't post anything that you don't want showing up at your next job interview.

20 minutes ago, ouinason said:

🎶The Internet Is Forever🎶

• Love 6
1 hour ago, racked said:

someone was screenshotting this man’s Twitter years ago in case he ever got famous? That’s some real hate dedication from people in his life! Twitter is a wild place 

I don't know too much about using it, but there's basically a "Wayback Machine" that can find things like old web sites and deleted posts.

From what I can piece together, it looks like one or more people noticed that he had liked some anti-CRT things last year, and then they went looking for deleted tweets.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm old but even I know that you shouldn't post anything that you don't want showing up at your next job interview.

I’m sure in the end he’ll be fine, his best course now is just to ignore it and let the Twitter mobs move on, as they tend to. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I don't know too much about using it, but there's basically a "Wayback Machine" that can find things like old web sites and deleted posts.

From what I can piece together, it looks like one or more people noticed that he had liked some anti-CRT things last year, and then they went looking for deleted tweets.

Ahhh.  I did not know that it was his likes from last year that started this.  That's not good.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone in the Sprina fanbase,  but I honestly don't care.  I don't feel sorry for him.   

• Love 5

Yeah, if it was from a decade ago, fine, I get it, we all grow up.  But if this is CRT and stuff from last year, that is totally different.  

The internet is no longer the anonymous place it once was, people need to adjust.

• Love 2

None of the Rory tweets are cannon until NLG comments on them. Wait! She had her owns issues with twitter a while back. I assume she’ll be quiet on this. LOL!!!

• LOL 1

As usual, the GH actor drama is more interesting than the show. I do think it’s absolutely pathetic that fans of a couple (and I’m a Sprina fan myself) did a ten year deep dive to try and find something on this guy. That’s a separate and independent thought from what anyone might think of his tweets. I haven’t seen his tweets but I trust they’re bad.

But soap fans are crazy, and the internet has really strengthened that crazy. 

• Love 3

Radom question but does someone need to look at hundreds of thousands of tweets to find a bad one or is there an app for that? If not, people have way too much time on their hands. 

• Love 2

I think they searched for keywords, such as "gay" and the name of a former POTUS, on his account.  

Also, he's saying he deleted things, but he may not have been as thorough as he had believed. 

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Radom question but does someone need to look at hundreds of thousands of tweets to find a bad one or is there an app for that? If not, people have way too much time on their hands. 

For likes at least it's just one click on someone's Twitter profile to list all of them. For tweets it's a little more time consuming depending on how well one knows how to use Twitter's search function.

The first rule of social media is never post anything you don't want your parents or employers to see. Some tweets offer a lens into your character that you realize won't pass muster in polite society. For someone in the acting industry to post bigoted slurs (among other things) is incredibly dumb, but at least now everyone knows who they're dealing with. AFAIC, it's the actor, and he alone, who needs to take accountability for his bigotry - not the whistleblower who exposed him. 

But hey, it could be worse: they could've paired him with Felix. Now that would've been even more awkward. (I'm pretty confident the actor wouldn't have taken the role if he knew that was going to be the direction.)

• Love 8

If alt right adjacent Steve Burton can very literally run a pyramid scheme on the fans and then have it written into the on-air show, then likely be hired back again someday after refusing to vaccinate during a global pandemic, this Twitter stuff is just a tempest in a teapot.

That being said, I don't care about Rory much. Kruse is an attractive man and I am all for more frontburner AAPL representation on these shows, but putting aside his latest drama he is thus far a C-player at best, and I am just not interested in watching the superior Trina recast be fobbed off on a side player to keep FV's white female lead in the prime seat and to make viewers in Dubuque more comfortable. I think Ali's exceptional, I think she has great chemistry with Chavez and I think the course should be stayed on that popular romance, period. If they keep Kruse and he works out he can develop separately. There's no reason Asian characters can't thrive on their own terms.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Ingo Rademacher (ex-Jax, General Hospital) is continuing with his lawsuit against ABC. According to court records reportedly obtained by Radar Online, Rademacher is asking that the network not be allowed to obtain documents from an organization called Protection of the Educational Rights of Kids after ABC issued a subpoena for them

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2022/06/06/report-radar-obtains-court-documents-in-ingo-rademachers-suit-against-disney?fbclid=IwAR3poN2agaVo5-xkfSJ92Tc5oqNGW7YKVaP_RBpqXsOSQYNtwt5yAaWfWjU

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Ingo Rademacher (ex-Jax, General Hospital) is continuing with his lawsuit against ABC. According to court records reportedly obtained by Radar Online, Rademacher is asking that the network not be allowed to obtain documents from an organization called Protection of the Educational Rights of Kids after ABC issued a subpoena for them

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2022/06/06/report-radar-obtains-court-documents-in-ingo-rademachers-suit-against-disney?fbclid=IwAR3poN2agaVo5-xkfSJ92Tc5oqNGW7YKVaP_RBpqXsOSQYNtwt5yAaWfWjU

So how long before we hear that Jax has been eaten by rabid kangaroo or something?

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So how long before we hear that Jax has been eaten by rabid kangaroo or something?

Would a recast announcement be more impactful?

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Sake614 said:

That is kind of interesting. Of course, it would probably not have the potential to be a bombshell if he hadn't tried to block the documents. Otherwise, it would just strike anyone casually following as "paperwork."

• Like 4

That's the son Kristina was pregnant with when Felicia had Georgie (her oldest son was Felicia's pregnancy with Maxie).

Heartbreaking. 

• Sad 13

I remember when Jack Wagner won a Pro -Am told tournament he was scream his sons Harrison’s name and wanted to celebrate with him. He was probably a teenager by then. Sad news. 

• Sad 6
2 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I always liked Kristina Wagner, and the thought of her losing a child due to substance abuse issues is just horrible.

There's always going to be a weird meta deal to her life because she had her two children by Jack Wagner like Felicia had her two children by Frisco (and it doesn't work out), and now she has to play out losing a child for real. That's just awful. She always seemed like a sweet person (and MAN you could see the complicated emotions she felt watching Jack Wagner/Frisco sing "All I Need" back in 2013) and I hope Kristina has a good supportive network.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

There's always going to be a weird meta deal to her life because she had her two children by Jack Wagner like Felicia had her two children by Frisco (and it doesn't work out), and now she has to play out losing a child for real. That's just awful. She always seemed like a sweet person (and MAN you could see the complicated emotions she felt watching Jack Wagner/Frisco sing "All I Need" back in 2013) and I hope Kristina has a good supportive network.

I remember KW saying that she had a lot of support to get her through them filming that scene -- which seems like something the powers that be could have avoided, if it was so hard on her at that point.

Silver lining is I think they've worked together more often since then, on a Hallmark show or series of movies? Anyway, it seems like maybe it will be easier for them to be there for each other.

It's just a terrible, terrible thing. I remember when Hunter Tylo went through something similar and returned to B&B almost immediately into kind of a heavy storyline. I hope that if KW feels the need to come back sooner rather than later, her scenes are all light and bright.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

She always seemed like a sweet person (and MAN you could see the complicated emotions she felt watching Jack Wagner/Frisco sing "All I Need" back in 2013) and I hope Kristina has a good supportive network.

God help us all if it had been "Lady of My Heart." That was very clearly THEIR song as much as it was F&F's, and I don't think her emotions would have been quite as complicated--there would have been a lot of tears, I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

God help us all if it had been "Lady of My Heart." That was very clearly THEIR song as much as it was F&F's, and I don't think her emotions would have been quite as complicated--there would have been a lot of tears, I'm sure.

IIRC, I remember reading at the time that he intentionally didn't sing that song because of its meaning for both of them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

By all appearances, the Wagners have been quite close in recent years so hopefully they are leaning on each other for support too. Jack has been sober since 2006 (as far as I've heard him say), so I hope he has a lot of support in that area as well. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AheadofStraight said:

By all appearances, the Wagners have been quite close in recent years so hopefully they are leaning on each other for support too. Jack has been sober since 2006 (as far as I've heard him say), so I hope he has a lot of support in that area as well. 

It is super weird that she had to play out the loss of Georgie, the child that was written in to cover the pregnancy of Harrison years ago and now she is going through it for real.

• Sad 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, UYI said:

Gosh, Tristan is such a class act.

Cannot imagine their pain. 

Changing gears - on Instagram, Brando and Nik seem like good friends and do a shit ton of fun rugged stuff together, mostly outside, often shirtless. Just saying.

Edited by seasons
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I remember KW saying that she had a lot of support to get her through them filming that scene -- which seems like something the powers that be could have avoided, if it was so hard on her at that point.

Silver lining is I think they've worked together more often since then, on a Hallmark show or series of movies? Anyway, it seems like maybe it will be easier for them to be there for each other.

It's just a terrible, terrible thing. I remember when Hunter Tylo went through something similar and returned to B&B almost immediately into kind of a heavy storyline. I hope that if KW feels the need to come back sooner rather than later, her scenes are all light and bright.

Given how Mac/Felicia are in a storyline that's going to be connected to Ryan(speculation not spoiler) I'm not sure about that then again they might change things now.. considering.

• Love 3