Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Twice As Far

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your episode discussion thread for S06.E14: Twice as Far. This thread will open Sunday March 20th, at 10:00 pm.

Before that, you can speculate/chat about the episode here --> S06.E14: Twice as Far - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat.

Remember:

------------> Post NO Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise).

Take it to the Comics thread or the Talking Dead thread.

----------> Have Respect for each others' opinions, Always Be Civil and Enjoy Yourselves! <----------

This episode started slow, but boy did it pick up fast.

Poor Denise. She was having her moment and then got an arrow in the eye.

Eugene, you are level two and you can bite a dick.

WTH Carol, you know that Daryl will come after you.

I like Sasha and Abraham hooking up. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 15

I said this in the live chat thread, but I laughed at Denise getting killed mid-inspirational speech just like Samuel L. Jackson in Deep Blue Sea.

It sounds like Carol pulled a Berger on not just Tobin, but kind of the whole town? "I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me."

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 19

Just like Denise, I did NOT see Carol leaving! I can't even figure out what she's planning. Living alone and not killing? She can't even be thinking of nuking Neegan's place, because, like she said, some other threat will take his place.

• Love 4

Pack your smokes Carol! Damn she is my favorite, she better not be off the show. Why couldn't it have been Morgan who left?

The last time Carol left, she came back to save their asses from the Termites. This just means she's readying up to save them from Negan.

• Love 19

My God, I hate the way Eugene and Abraham speak. Individually it's bad enough but both of them together is unbearable. And they both get to live another day while Denise dies?

• Love 24

Denice had a good idea about getting the medicine, and Eugene had a good idea about making their own ammunition, but they should have stayed with the plan instead of wasting time making stupid speeches.

Poor Tara is the kiss of death.  She had a girlfriend before the ZA that died, and now two in the ZA have been killed.

The shoot out was great.  Carol leaving was bad.

• Love 12

The absolute best moment in this episode was Eugene pulling a Rick on Dwight's dick. Eugene officially became a BAMF.

The absolute worst moment in this episode was Carol deciding she couldn't kill anymore and leaving the group. I just don't buy Carol not fighting for the people she cares about. Having Carol lose her BAMF status just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Poor Denise. I understood that she wanted them to teach her to survive. She wanted to know how to fight. Getting shot by Dwight by mistake really sucked. I would have preferred Daryl being shot, at least non lethally.

Edited by mustbekarma
  • Love 13

Just what the TV landscape needs right now! Another dead lesbian!

At least Rosita lives to fight another day. I like her alot. 

Carol leaving seemed kinda...random? Like, what lead up to her deciding to leave? Why now? 

• Love 15

Ugh I cant stand the writing on this show!!! The action sequences are usually well done and exciting but these people do NOT talk or act like human beings.  Everything is so 'symbolic' and over the head -- there is no subtlety.  Now all of a sudden Carol does a total 180 and is peace out??????

• Love 17

Oh damn, Carol.

I guess she really was broken.

Denise, what can I say? I think she was being reckless all episode, and fine, that's her choice, but she kinda made Rosita and Daryl responsible for her safety, so when you act stupid and get killed, that weighs on those people's minds.

Ugh, Chris Hardwick just made a "less teeth" joke, I'm shutting that thing off.

• Love 5

Dammit, Sasha, RUN. Abe is the wooorst. Just look at that hair, the hair doesn't lie!

Aww, Carol leaving a Dear John letter for CDB. You don't have to leave, you're the best character! All these other losers should leave instead, SMH.

Mostly boring ep, even with the headshots and Abe/Eugene breakup. 6/10

• Love 7

The channel chopped off at the end...grrrr!

No! Carol don't leave! That was stupid letting Denise go out and put herself in danger since she was the only Doctor. And now she's dead.

The scene in the pharmacy was creepy.

Eugene finally put his mouthing off where it did some good. Heh!

• Love 6

Morgan is going to look for Carol IMO. As well as Daryl.

Really bummed about Denise. At least they didn't leave her behind. :(

Kind of surprised we didn't the aftermath for Tara

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

I thought Merritt Wever and Norman Reedus worked really well together, both in this episode and the one where the group met Jesus. Wever's great at drama but I love her best when she's doing comedy and they had a nice rhythm together.

• Love 18

Carol leaving seems like lazy writing unless she dies or stays away for good.  Hopefully they won't go back to the "Carol saves the day" well.  If she doesn't want to kill, she can lock herself in her house and bake for a while.  If she goes back on the road alone, she'd undoubtedly have to kill.

• Love 13

Well, I'm not sure what to say. I feel like I just went on an emotional roller coaster, through hell and back. 

Overall, I really really liked this episode. And I wasn't expecting to. When they played the "previously on", I was like - Morgan, Abe and Sasha and Rosita? Pass. But I thought it was so so good. This is probably the first episode I've both laughed out loud, screamed out loud, AND cried at all in one episode - in a long time. 

I just loved the focus on two "nerdy" characters who I've had a soft spot for - both stepping up and trying to contribute more. I loved how confident Eugene was and the way he told Abraham off was just awesome. "You've outlived your usefulness to me". BOOM! You're not the only one who can drop people like it's nothing, Abraham. (and can he stop with the turd references???) 

I was actually getting annoyed with both Abe and Daryl/Rosita for not wanting to give their "charge" more room to grow. They need to learn, how else is it going to happen? 

That "hush" room in the pharmacy was really disturbing, but I like when they show stuff like that. I've always been drawn to the tragic ways the ZA has effected people, seeing the humanity behind the walkers, They need to do more of that. 

Losing Denise really shocked and saddened me. Her speech to Daryl and Rostia, about how he was like her brother and she was strong, it was giving me shade of Hershel tears. And then BAM! Arrow through the head. I was not expecting that, at all. Just crazy. 

I'd honestly forgotten all about Dwight, and I was kind of bored with some of the earlier episodes, so I forgot what even happened with him and his group. I wonder if he's joined up with Negan now? 

I wonder if Daryl will get that pop back to Tara?

Overall, Eugene was the star of the show. Crotch biting! Bullet making! Get it, Eugene!

The only part I didn't like, of course, was the very end. Not only do I find Carol's new refusal to kill completely unbelievable, but I'll be really pissed if that's how they write her out of the show. MM deserves better than that. 

• Love 20

Denise is dead and  Carol just up and left!?  Fuck me!  Even the Cookie Monster/Siri commercial didn't cheer me up that much.

At least Eugene is still around, even though he was douche to Abraham.  And Denise died for you, Abraham,

so you better be grateful because you died in the comics.

More Eugene and Abraham ho yay.  So this is for them:

Denise, this is for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9mJuqBipE0

(Yeah, I'm horrible and going to Hell for that one)

Edited by HalcyonDays
Tagged comic spoilers.
  • Love 1
Who patched up Eugene and who knew which anti-biotics to give him?!

Right? Quit killing doctors, show! 

I guess they'll have to go steal the Hilltop OB now.

I thought Merritt Wever and Norman Reedus worked really well together, both in this episode and the one where the group met Jesus. Wever's great at drama but I love her best when she's doing comedy and they had a nice rhythm together.

I agree. I've actually been bored with Daryl for awhile, but I really liked the brother-sister thing that was growing between them. And I also think Merrit had great comedic timing, which is often lacking on this show. Gah, why do they always take the ones I like? Why not Spencer???

• Love 10

Well Eugene definitely thinks outside the box, no one would've expected their dick to get bitten. Rick would be proud. 

I will give Denise credit for finishing her motivational speech with an arrow through her head. 

Good job getting your last remaining doctor killed. The Stupid Disease really gets around it infects almost all tv shows. Does Carol really think that no one will go after her, putting even more people in danger? Carol knows her group right? I still blame Morgan. I hope the group just locks him up in his jail cell. After what happened to Denise I don't see anyone siding with the letting people live thing. If they let them live, they will come back and another one of them will die. 

Tara's girlfriend dies and she doesn't even get a scene? 

I don't remember meeting Dwight before, I'm assuming since Carol talked about the burnt forest he was one of that group

• Love 4

You might say that orange soda kinda is what got Denise killed.  :(    Or at least going back for the cooler.

Nice play show, after Denise didn't get chomped getting the cooler, I thought she was safe. You got me.

• Love 1