Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Twice As Far

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Only one problem with that: the baby isn't in the room.

Drowned, smothered, whatever - first the baby will die, after which it will Un-die.

Then mommy will either put it down, or she... won't....

Either way Denise would have been treated with the sight of either a Crawler*, or a headspiked infant.

She (and we) saw neither. Just a baby shoe in a pool of blood - and last time I checked, drownings rarely result in blood pools.

And it's not like the baby could have simply crawled out of the room, zombified or otherwise; Denise (a full-grown adult) had to struggle to get in the door.

Hate to say it, but I think the truth is inescapable:

Someone ate the baby.

:>

* What else are you going to call a Walker who can't walk?

A dingo?

I'll show myself out now...

• Love 3
Yeah, there's no way they had just stumbled upon Daryl, Rosita, and Denise. They had clearly either been tracking them or had been staying near the tracks, perhaps thinking there might be more of CDB nearby. The decision to take the tracks on the way back is mostly likely what got her killed.

Yea, I'm not going to blame Denise because there's some assholes out there hellbent on getting their revenge on Daryl. Dwight wasn't even aiming for her! Even the most competent of people can get taken by the bad guys. Michonne and Hershel were caught unawares by the Guv when they went outside the wall to burn bodies. Those guys were going to come after the group anyhow. 

• Love 1

Was I the only viewer who wasn't chilled by the sight of the bloody baby shoe because I COULDN'T TELL WHAT THE HECK IT WAS? I rewound, froze the frame and I still had no idea what I was looking at! I thought it was some kind of plastic thing, a toy or maybe a mouth guard, and I was totally surprised when it was identified on TD.

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1

I forgot one thing I wanted to say (I wouldn't said it during the live thread but I don't watch live anymore :sobs and whispers: I miss you guys!) about Daryl and that truck. I do not believe for ONE single second that Daryl cannot drive that truck. Not for one single second. I know a lot of guys who (kind of) remind me of Daryl - a lot of backwoods southern boys and I just can't believe that Daryl wouldn't know how to drive that truck. That's where my suspension of disbelief ENDS. That's my line. Lol

Edited by rachel is awesome
  • Love 5

The whole Denise situation was stupid, so it had less impact for me.  It was stupid for her to go, stupid of them to let her, stupid of her to loudly monologue on the tracks, etc.  I always roll my eyes when they converse about "which meds" to take.  If you find meds, take them all.  But yeah, those were magic backbacks to fit all that stuff.  Upside, Daryl is now also reunited with his crossbow.  I have more emotional attachment to his crossbow than half the cast.

Word, I'm not impressed by character growth being the impetus for someone's death.  I'd rather they skipped the growth and didn't die!

Denise just annoyed me this episode, so I was glad to see her killed off. What the heck did she expect to find in that stupid cooler? It's obviously going to be either drinks or spoiled food? This isn't some special cooler in a CDC van with valuable meds here. She's just too dumb to live.

I'm sure she knew/expected it to be sodas, continuing the past thread of doing something nice and romantic for her girlfriend.

I liked the artistic touch to the opening montage also. It conveyed the daily routine of Alexandria without having a character dryly tell us. I also liked that silent opening scene in season 3. It is so effective in showing us how far Rick had taken them as a group and how their survive skills had developed. The music after the firefight let down the episode down which surprises me because I usually like the music choices. 

Color me confused, though - what was the point of the third iteration, where the bridge was empty, no FPP or the person who passes him?  I felt like this was clearly a signifier that something would have visibly changed, and that we'd be doing a full-circle thing.

I know zilch about guns and ammunition, but isn't it extremely dangerous? If the bullets aren't perfect can't they explode within the gun, and perhaps kill the human holding it? And who's going to volunteer to test them? I'm sure he will figure it all out.

People made bullets by hand since before the American Revolution, I'm not particularly worried about Eugene adapting the technology.  I mean yes, what you postulate could and did happen, but I feel like bullets have exploded inside a gun if they are mass produced and have killed or vastly injured people.

The big gap between half seasons didn't help much either - I don't actually remember much about Dwight other than how stupidly his friend?/wife?/girlfriend?/sister?/cousin? with diabetes died. Was his face burned before? Why don't I remember that? The gap between meeting him and having him show up again shouldn't have been four months. I only know it's the same guy because he still has Daryl's crossbow.

If Dwight was in the "Bob's leg" group, which I think people have said he was, didn't Bob hit someone upside the head with a flaming brand?  (If he wasn't in the Bob group just disregard, ha.)

I agree the "doesn't know how to drive stick" was stupid and unlikely for Darryl, all Plot Contrivance Fairy to Give Denise Skills She Hasn't Earned; that it was stupid they expected us to believe there was one orange soda hanging attached to a sixpack (weren't the other cans brown? which would've made them root beer or similar - I have never seen a sixpack variety pack attached together by the plastic rings), and think that avoiding the tracks was not only referred Terminus fear, but also logical tracker wisdom on Darryl's part.  The forest has cover.  The tracks are wide open.

• Love 2

The driving thing before they even got in the truck, they seen it was a stick and if Daryl knew he had trouble driving that type of car why didn't he say anything and since Denise knew, why didn't she offer to drive? If I was Rosita I would have told Daryl to pull the damn car over and let Denise drive. One of the worst things is being in a car with a driver who don't know what they're doing. 

I know Rosita teaches people of Alexandria on how to use melee weapons and Denise took those classes and it's one thing to teach but I think Rosita should have also taken them out from behind the walls and out in the woods to train on actually killing a small herd of zombies. Maybe Denise would have been better prepared. Denise wanted to improve but part of improving is also listening and not worry about the small things. Rosita and Daryl told her point blank not to worry about the cooler as the main objective is to get the medicine back to ASZ, not going all solo to prove a point. Bad things happen when you let pride get in the way just ask Andrea.

• Love 1
If Dwight was in the "Bob's leg" group, which I think people have said he was, didn't Bob hit someone upside the head with a flaming brand?  (If he wasn't in the Bob group just disregard, ha.)

No, the people who ate Bob's leg were the Termites. That's not who Dwight is with. That was way back in GA. They're in VA/DC area now. Dwight was with those two girls that Daryl ran into in the woods. He absconded with Daryl's bow and bike. Some people are speculating that he may have joined up with Negan's group, but he never had anything to do with the Termites. 

• Love 3

I think that's the point, though. She didn't WANT to be protected. She needed to face those dangerous situations on her own, so she could STOP being a jittery scaredy cat. If she continued to let others rescue her, she'd never build up the confidence needed to handle herself. I think she wanted to improve herself, and I didn't have any problems with it. 

I agree with you. Anyone else, they would have been cheering on. I didn't understand why they were so angry at her. 

• Love 2

I agree with you. Anyone else, they would have been cheering on. I didn't understand why they were so angry at her. 

Rosita was angry with Spencer for asking her to dinner.  She's just kinda pissed off at the world right now.  And Daryl's always like that. 

The driving thing before they even got in the truck, they seen it was a stick and if Daryl knew he had trouble driving that type of car why didn't he say anything and since Denise knew, why didn't she offer to drive? If I was Rosita I would have told Daryl to pull the damn car over and let Denise drive. One of the worst things is being in a car with a driver who don't know what they're doing. 

I was watching this again last night,and it sort of seemed like maybe Daryl continued grinding the gears on purpose after she "corrected" him.  You know, like a big brother.

• Love 3

Yeah, there's no way they had just stumbled upon Daryl, Rosita, and Denise. They had clearly either been tracking them or had been staying near the tracks, perhaps thinking there might be more of CDB nearby. The decision to take the tracks on the way back is mostly likely what got her killed.

That, or they just happened to be in the vicinity and wanted to see what damn fool decided to stand on the highest land point handy and shout a monologue in the middle of the frikkin' frakkin' Zombie Apocalypse....

;>

• Love 6

Like many others have said, the best moment this episode was Eugene biting Dwight's dick. Hope Dwight dies soon, hopefully killed by Daryl.

I don't understand how Carol went from badass MF a few episodes ago to refusing to kill and leaving Alexandria this episode. When she had a panic attack last week in the cell after getting captured, I quite literally thought she was faking it to make her captors think she is weak so that she can kill them later. What lousy and abrupt character development!

• Love 2

I don't understand how Carol went from badass MF a few episodes ago to refusing to kill and leaving Alexandria this episode. When she had a panic attack last week in the cell after getting captured, I quite literally thought she was faking it to make her captors think she is weak so that she can kill them later. What lousy and abrupt character development!

Carol was faking THAT panic attack; I expect killing her alter ego (Paula) may have messed with Carol's head, though.

Carol told Paula - twice - she didn't want to kill her, yet Carol still ended up causing Paula's death by pushing Paula to impalement on the walker stakes.

So Carol finds herself killing people, even when she specifically, overtly doesn't want to.

Carol is to opponents what Ted McGinley is to sitcoms.

• Love 3

I also think Daryl was fooling around when he continued to grind the gears on that truck, and just doing it to "bust chops". And I'm amazed that Denise saw a cooler in a car and after risking everyone's lives to get it, she found a single elusive Orange Crush! I mean, what are the odds! Too bad that apothecary didn't sell lottery tickets...

• Love 1

I wasn't looking forward to this episode since it featured two characters I hate - Eugene and Denise. But, overall it wasn't a terrible episode. Maybe because Eugene lines were limited. Thank God.

Denise death was in the works. I'm only sad that she didn't take Tara with her.

I wasn't looking forward to this episode since it featured two characters I hate - Eugene and Denise. But, overall it wasn't a terrible episode. Maybe because Eugene lines were limited. Thank God.

Eugene knows it's not polite to talk with your mouth full.

• Love 1

I know I can just look it up, but does anyone know how many episodes have had "far" in the title? It feels like a lot, even though I know it's probably just 3 or 4. 

(and how many have had "out" in the title?)