Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Not the lone person! I think it's gross.

Not the only two. It doesn't do it for me either. Even with the new actor, Ridge is still gross Ridge for me, I may not like Caroline but even she can't be wretched enough to deserve that, although you never know.

Isn't there a rumor that Brooke is going to have a meaty new storyline?

I'd believe it if I saw it, but Bradley Bella's played Lucy van Pelt to the audience's Charlie Brown far too many times on Brooke "changing." Hope's birth was supposed to be a leaf turning moment in her life, only to have her wedge herself into Nick and Bridget's marriage three years later. She was also supposed to be anew woman after RM was written off the show, only to end up with Bill six months later.

Perhaps the writers are putting the brakes on Caridge consummating their relationship due to the backlash from having Brooke and Bill have sex the second Katie left Brooke's bedroom after taking off her wedding rings.

Brooke is not Caroline, the former of whom has had a long history of inappropriate relationships, many of which involving her female relatives. The act of humping so quickly would have been seen as crass at best with any other set of characters; for Brooke Logan,it's called Tuesday. And even worse,it's old hat and done better.

• Love 6

Wouldn't the Board be over the CEO?

Well, yes, in a sane, properly structured business entity. In this instance, FC's board consists solely of family members, which makes it even more incestuous and dysfunctional.

This is one case where art really does need to imitate life.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 1

I can imagine that Eric would decide against running off with Fred Willard at this point, be a bit miffed at Rick for having fooled him, and that people would begin having informal meetings without Rick, making discisions without him, leaving him confused and angry.  "He and I were just talking.  Did we need your approval?  Here is what it is, and it's working out great.  So we have your approval?"  Rick could fire everybody, but the general lack of support will undermine him, and he will think twice before he loses so many key employees.  Maya can't fill all positions.    

• Love 4

I think Rick is right that Ridge would attempt to undermine him at every turn. Ridge is an asshole who throws tantrums whenever anyone but him is in charge. Whether it be Brooke, Katie, Bill, Rick, Eric, he acts like a total dick unless he has the final say. Continuity reigns supreme with that one, irrespective of actors. Back when Katie was made CEO he was having a hissy fit over that too, even though there was no proof whatsoever that Katie would do anything but what was best for the company and at the time it was minutes away from being run into the ground by the glorified tailor himself, but he'd never cop to that. He's such a tool, seriously. He's perfectly fine stealing from other (like BeLief) but when someone "steals" from him something that wasn't his anyway he has a hissy fit. "How dare Rick want to be CEO for a year, and how dare him not forgive me and treat me with respect after I used his wife to get my sketch hand back and basically tried to poach her. Rick is sooooo immature." Well, Ridge somebody's immature, that's for sure.

Oh the glory days! One of the best if not the best scene B&B has ever had IMO. http://youtu.be/hTXhMBb50y8 Brooke realizes her self-worth and dumps The Waffle.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Both Rick and Ridge are entitled little boys who hold their breath until the get their own way but Rick is more apt to stick his nose into Ridges business. Yes, Rick is responsible for the business end of FC which includes the pricing of Ridge's and Caroline's collection but Rick was making changes to the collection and the jewelry that was to be its accents. In addition Maya will want and Rick will give her authority over Rick and Caroline undermining their creativity. In the world of The Bold and the Beautiful, Maya will become the new amazing FC fashion designer.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 1

I'm actually looking forward to Mondays show. I want to see everyone's reaction & I want see Eric realize that he's been duped. It's good old fashion soap at its best.

I just hope it wasn't a fantasy sequence.

Hey St3ph F., I just caught your hubby Eric on an episode of Highway to Heaven. He looked more like Lance than Eric, but his character was more like Ridge! Haha.

• Love 3

I just hope it wasn't a fantasy sequence.

Hey St3ph F., I just caught your hubby Eric on an episode of Highway to Heaven. He looked more like Lance than Eric, but his character was more like Ridge! Haha.

OMG I hear the name Lance and I think of Lorenzo Lamas on Falcon Crest. Oh god do I miss primetime soaps, such a loss. :(

Don't feel like the lone ranger. I don't like them either though I do understand why people might find them hot. TK really used to be able to sell that special kind of desperate ardor for a woman he perhaps can't or shouldn't have but right now I just can't get past his slovenly appearance. Plus the age difference thing. Both Ridge and TK are old enough to be Caroline and the actress' father. Ick.

Joimiaroxeu, thank you for better explaining what I was trying to say in a nutshell about TK's "hotness" factor. In my post to slayer2, I was providing my own personal "dream scenario" where I think he could have still pulled off what you so adequately described right here in a few words. I respect your opinion that the actor no longer portrays this factor as well as he used to for the reason you outlined, but IMO he definitely still has the potential to pull it off in the right storyline.

So waitadamnminute!?! I'm not attacking any of my fellow posters' opinions here, I just wanna ask a question. Are viewers who can't get past TK's "slovenly" appearance telling me that if he came to your bedroom looking the way he did in Caroline's dream, looking at you the way he was looking at her, touching you the way he was touching her, and kissing you the way he was kissing her--are you telling me that you would kick him out of bed and send him away? If so, please be sure to provide him with my address and send him my way. I'm just saying. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 7
I agree that I liked it better that they did not have a "full-on extramarital sex romp," and I actually said that in my initial post. In my "dream scenario," they would have still waited until after they both left their partners to actually have sex. Perhaps when I said "full-blown affair instead of just kissing," I meant they definitely should be having sex by now.

Sorry Gemini! Reading is hard sometimes. Hopefully now that "the cat's out of the bag" it'll be CaRidge's cue to give in to absolute pleasure.

I know that I am the lone person who doesn't like the pairing of Ridge and Caroline.

I do, but only in one way - I like them as the inappropriate, original sinners-type affair pairing, not the married with two kids type of romantic couple. I don't think the latter is sustainable in this scenario. I'd be happy to see them as colleagues with benefits; they wouldn't have to be committed to one another to weather interloper storms like Brooke et. al.

part of me still believes this SL is to exhibit Eric's failing mental capacities

Every time you say this, RuntheTable, I shed a little tear inside.

Wouldn't the Board be over the CEO?

What's a board?

lol SweetPea59! My favourite part is when he's all up in Linda's face and he says, "All God's chillun got needs!"

Speaking of spouses, I bought myself the Battlestar Galactica boxset for Christmas and have just finished watching the original series. Has anyone else here seen it? I wasn't sure if the romances were actually lightning fast or if it's just me being used to this sort of stuff being drawn out for months on end. And the plot holes! My God, the plot holes!

• Love 5

I think we've had board meetings, you know, people sitting around, so there has to be a board. 

So you're saying that when I catch up with my friends for a coffee at a cafe somewhere and we're sitting around drinking coffee and talking about life and the mysteries of the universe, I'm actually in a board meeting?

You learn something new every day.

ETA: Ooh, shiny! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzOtb3bHw9U

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 2

Sorry Gemini! Reading is hard sometimes. Hopefully now that "the cat's out of the bag" it'll be CaRidge's cue to give in to absolute pleasure.

No, everything's totally cool, St3phForrester! I know I tend to go off on a tangent sometimes, lol. I just wanted to clarify that I also didn't really want to see Ridge and Caroline have an adulterous affair, as I agree that it would have ruined their root-worthiness (though I'm sure the sex scenes would have still been red-hot). 

I do, but only in one way - I like them as the inappropriate, original sinners-type affair pairing, not the married with two kids type of romantic couple. I don't think the latter is sustainable in this scenario. I'd be happy to see them as colleagues with benefits; they wouldn't have to be committed to one another to weather interloper storms like Brooke et. al.

See, I agree with you completely about Ridge and Caroline here! This sums up exactly the way I hoped the story would go. You and Joimiaroxeu must be able to translate whatever's going on inside my head. Lol. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 3

So you're saying that when I catch up with my friends for a coffee at a cafe somewhere and we're sitting around drinking coffee and talking about life and the mysteries of the universe, I'm actually in a board meeting?

Only if you/your friends have formed a corporation ;-)

• Love 2

I really wanted Caroline to stay a badass and own it. I wanted her to be badass over Ridge too, and  be ready to kick Brooke's and anybody else's ass who she had to in order to keep them off her man, the same way she was with Maya.

The zip and zing of a person makes them exciting, gives them flavor.  A person delivering bland, well-considered responses, perfectly fair all the time, how boring.  (Although desirable in real life.)  Caroline was a heck of a lot of fun in her bad days, but now she is a victim, so she has become milk toast. 

• Love 2

The zip and zing of a person makes them exciting, gives them flavor.  A person delivering bland, well-considered responses, perfectly fair all the time, how boring.  (Although desirable in real life.)  Caroline was a heck of a lot of fun in her bad days, but now she is a victim, so she has become milk toast. 

Thank you very much, Unwarranted! I see you're in my head too, lol. 

I just feel if they don't go this route with Caroline, leaving her a badass, it would be a wasted opportunity. I want someone to get up in Brooke's face and tell her there's a new sheriff in town when it comes to Ridge. Brooke needs this. Brooke deserves this. She's earned this. She's had it coming for years. And I want to see it now (though I know it's never actually going to happen). 

It's not as though we haven't seen this type of behavior from Caroline before with Maya. This time Caroline would just be using her powers for "good" instead of evil. And as you said, all these "well-considered responses, perfectly fair all the time, how boring." Well said.

That's why I said in an earlier post that it felt like to me they were rewriting Caroline, and the timing of the rewrite seemed to coincide with Hope's exit. We all know how Bell loves his blonds (no offense to any blonds reading this). But Bell just takes his "blonde beauty" worship to a whole other level. 

And now I fear that after KMatula's exit, instead of writing Caroline into a combined version of "Brooke/Caroline 2.0" (which is where I thought they were going), Bell has decided to go in another direction and write her as "Hope 2.0." I really hope I'm wrong, because I know I don't want to see that. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 2
So waitadamnminute!?! I'm not attacking any of my fellow posters' opinions here, I just wanna ask a question. Are viewers who can't get past TK's "slovenly" appearance telling me that if he came to your bedroom looking the way he did in Caroline's dream, looking at you the way he was looking at her, touching you the way he was touching her, and kissing you the way he was kissing her--are you telling me that you would kick him out of bed and send him away? If so, please be sure to provide him with my address and send him my way. I'm just saying.

Please, someone, make sure you add me in on this route.  

• Love 7

I don't think that he's unattractive, but he also does zero for me.  That's also such a weird comparison.  Caroline was already attracted to Ridge, so of course he's going to appear super appealing to her in her dream, and by extension, he'll appeal super appealing to anyone who was already inclined to find him attractive.  If some man I didn't know entered my bedroom, I'd like to think he'd get shot before he got to my bed!

• Love 4

Thank you very much, Unwarranted! I see you're in my head too, lol.

I just feel if they don't go this route with Caroline, leaving her a badass, it would be a wasted opportunity. I want someone to get up in Brooke's face and tell her there's a new sheriff in town when it comes to Ridge. Brooke needs this. Brooke deserves this. She's earned this. She's had it coming for years. And I want to see it now (though I know it's never actually going to happen).

It's not as though we haven't seen this type of behavior from Caroline before with Maya. This time Caroline would just be using her powers for "good" instead of evil. And as you said, all these "well-considered responses, perfectly fair all the time, how boring." Well said.

That's why I said in an earlier post that it felt like to me they were rewriting Caroline, and the timing of the rewrite seemed to coincide with Hope's exit. We all know how Bell loves his blonds (no offense to any blonds reading this). But Bell just takes his "blonde beauty" worship to a whole other level.

And now I fear that after KMatula's exit, instead of writing Caroline into a combined version of "Brooke/Caroline 2.0" (which is where I thought they were going), Bell has decided to go in another direction and write her as "Hope 2.0." I really hope I'm wrong, because I know I don't want to see that.

Caroline was already Hope 2.0 in her early days on the show. It didn't work then, and would work even less successfully now.

• Love 3

Dear Linsey Godfrey,

Please wear that awesome red lipstick (but please not the hair) that you're wearing today when you win your 1st Emmy this summer. Your exceptional performance today made you a shoo-in for the win.

Sincerely,

Daytime Fan

• Love 6

I actually thought that Linsey's performance was a little overwrought today, but I did appreciate the slobber that came out of her mouth when she was pleading with Rick.  Emotions can get sloppy like that and, while you always hear about the ugly cry, actors almost never do the spit thing.

• Love 2

Well, it might be a while before he got to your place, since I would not only kick that revolting bastard offspring of an Oompa Loompa and aged beef out, I'd call the police to report a dirty old man involved in a home invasion and then sue him for the cost of the extensive cleaning my bedroom would require to get the stench of dollar store sunless tanner and three-week-old sweat out of the carpets and walls. Ahh, there's nothing like soap character hate and I've hated every single one of TK's characters. I've never found anything about him at all attractive. 

• Love 6

Wow. Everyone was fabulous today. What a cast! Bring it home people, bring it home! Oh Caroline, you are truly delusional, Rick will never get back together with you because he knows what you seem to be conveniently forgetting: YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH HIS BROTHER.  Written like a billboard in the sky, you idiot. Feelings don't just disappear because you say so and you can't work on your marriage when you're in love with not only another man but his fucking brother and apparently in complete denial about it.

It might be one thing if he could forgive that and the two of you were to cut all ties and move off  somewhere but you work with him everyday and you're in love with him. Get a clue, the marriage is over. Between, Caroline, Rick, Maya and Ivy (and Ridge thinking he's anything other than a piece of shit), everybody's so busy lying to themselves in this episode that they're all going to get a huge slap in the face pretty soon. 

Okay, today's show had a weird effect on me--I actually started to feel a little sorry for Maya. Because if Rick is practically curled up in the fetal position in that desk chair, whimpering and crying with the quivery lips, he's obviously still totally in love with Caroline and just wants to give her the most gigantic F.U. ever for macking on Ridge

Yeah, I don't like how they're writing this. Maya and Rick used to be in looooove to the point where he was crying a river over her too and now she still loves him but he's what? It makes no damn sense, I hope at least it's a Brooke/Ridge/Caroline or Brooke/Ridge/Taylor situation where at least he loves them both (as it should be) but is currently more in love with one of them. Either way I hope Maya calls him out good because he could potentially be breaking the hearts of two women who are in love with him.

Caroline's faithless love is rather useless now because she's more in love with another man but for Maya to go ride or die like that means she put a lot on the line so if he can't back it up then she really needs to sort him out and I hope they write her all Brooke Logan BeLief era and give her a way to fend for herself. I can't stand to watch any character without anyone in their corner, underdogs always break my heart especially when someone's as unfailingly loyal as she is. Loyalty is a currency in my book.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

I don't care about Caroline...never have, never will. 

I find it rather interesting that they chose to show flashbacks of Maya and Rick when she first appeared on the show and didn't have this seemingly gold digger like attitude about everything. They need to do a couple of things with this storyline, either show that Rick is playing Maya too or have him show some type of REAL interest beyond physical. It's annoying, if not anything else to see both Caroline and Maya chasing after him. 

In addition, what has ALWAYS annoyed me about this CEO mess, is WHY was Rick's marriage situation EVER a topic of discussion for his CEO job. B&B sent me some vibes with that, which I did not appreciate. 

At the end of the day, I'm more interested in Maya and Rick than anything with him and Caroline. 

Oh and Ivy, go see about Liam who was slobbing down Hope 2 seconds after she had a miscarriage. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 4

Why is everyone so convinced that Caroline is in love with Ridge? I think she just had a crush and a sexual attraction, but she's in love with her husband, even if he is a stupid prick. I think our Rick is on a major downward spiral and Maya had better watch out. Does he ever say he loves her? All he wants to do is fuck and plot. Can't wait to get home to watch!

• Love 6

Oh Caroline, scrape up whatever dignity you have left and walk away from Rick. A bristle worm like him may be useful for cleaning the grout from your shower tile, but I wouldn't want him for a husband.

Holy delusional, Batman! Just what does Rick think he's going to prove to his father? Did he see the way Eric was looking at him? I think he might have thrown up in his mouth a little. I did love Rick throwing threats around like a baby Napoleon with diaper rash in between bursts of promising charitable donations. I hope Maya got a nice eyeful of how Rick treated Caroline, because he'll do the same to her when she disappoints him in some way. It's called Nick Newman syndrome and there is no cure.

Top notch acting all around. This show is amazing right now.

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Love 17

The reason Ridge can recognize a spoiled, petulant brat is because he's been looking at one in the mirror for the last 40 years.  This guy has a LOT of nerve.  He doesn't give a crap about anyone other than himself.  He cheats with Caroline, then tells Rick to get over it.  Maybe Rick should get over it the way Ridge would... find a sister/family member of Caroline's and be with her.  Or just take whomever Eric is with.

I hope Maya got a nice eyeful of how Rick treated Caroline, because he'll do the same to her when she disappoints him in some way. It's called Nick Newman syndrome and there is no cure.

If one isn't allowed to be extremely upset with their spouse for cheating with their brother, when do they get to be upset?  I would say that's stronger than "disappoints in some way".  Caroline doesn't deserve better treatment because she cheated on a man who was a very good spouse to her in ways she proved incapable of being.  That's not about her being perfect... it's about her respecting her vows and treating the other person the way she was treated.  Personally, I could've gotten over her kissing Ridge if she was honest about it from the beginning.  Instead, she hid it and allowed it to blow up in Rick's face.  Then she begged him for forgiveness while at the same time still not being honest about lingering feelings for Ridge.  Her histrionics in today's ep were really phony IMO.  If Ridge would've given her the opening, she would've jumped, literally and figuratively, already.  Now she wants to pretend she was 100% all-in on reuniting with Rick?

Edited by nasir jones
  • Love 2

I don't think she's been unfailingly loyal, though. She was making out with Carter big-time while she was with Rick.

The difference to me is that she only did it once, there was no fantasizing about Carter either before or after the fact and she was dead set on telling Rick what happened.  Plus there was manipulation on Caroline's part to create the scenario where that could even happen.  YMMV, of course.

Why is everyone so convinced that Caroline is in love with Ridge? I think she just had a crush and a sexual attraction, but she's in love with her husband, even if he is a stupid prick. I think our Rick is on a major downward spiral and Maya had better watch out. Does he ever say he loves her? All he wants to do is fuck and plot. Can't wait to get home to watch!

Because Lindsey Godfrey said she's playing it that way. She said Caroline loves Rick and wants to do right by him but it is more of a puppy love/first love compared to her grown up love for Ridge. She said Ridge's love is the reason Caroline has matured and is behaving like a woman instead of a child in her marriage.

The difference to me is that she only did it once, there was no fantasizing about Carter either before or after the fact and she was dead set on telling Rick what happened.  Plus there was manipulation on Caroline's part to create the scenario where that could even happen.  YMMV, of course.

This. Shira wrt Maya's loyalty I was referring to this time around and standing up against all the vitriol, taunting and being publicly fired etc  but kia got it right in terms of what she said above IMO. The situation with Carter came out of sheer manipulation after Caroline had already done a host of emotionally damaging things to her including her Uncle threatening to send her to prison, Maya was also headed to Rick to come clean about the entire situation which Caroline had no intention of doing. She could have potentially continued random kissing and intimate moments and becoming closer and closer to Ridge indefinitely and showed no signs of wanting to fess up. Also when Rick asked her to reunite he did it to keep his position as CEO. He barely had the stomach for the lie, there's no way he would have done it if his CEO position wasn't at stake. It's not like it was all an elaborate plan to fuck Caroline over. As JY says, Rick's first love is the company and after the dissolution of his marriage and some poor-decision making (sabotaging the line) he wanted to keep it. The situation was created by Eric, if I were in Rick's position I'd probably do the same damn thing. Why should I lose my marriage AND my job to my asshole brother who effectively stole both and has been screwing over my family via mother and sister (and now aunt) for years? No way in hell, fuck that guy.

For that and other reasons I also have to disagree that Caroline and Rick were ever a good couple. In the beginning he lost interest and fell for someone else and she reacted like a complete, entitled asshole (not to him but to the "other woman") with no one to rein her in so I've never gotten behind them. They've never been my definition of people who work well together. One hurts the other and the other one lashes out and it's all scorched earth and brimstone. I really hope the building is inflammable.

Caroline and Ridge don't do it for me either. I absolutely despise Ridge (probably about as much as Bill does) and Caroline is only slightly above him in my eyes so I kind of want them together just so I can FF that part of the show. I know a lot of people on here like them and see endless sizzle but I'm just not one of them.

Amen Nasir Jones amen! This is the same faithless idiot who when Rick came to her with his "grovelling" was pro-ing and con-ing while professing her love to Ridge. "I think I might be falling for you...." Yeah that sounds like someone who can just move on with her life and let her feelings fall by the wayside. It bothers me when people (characters) lie to themselves like this because then they can't be truthful to anyone else. Fine lie to everyone else but for god's sake at least be honest with yourself. Hope was famous for this, I really hope (no pun intended) they're not writing Caroline in her image as others have suggested.

Edited by slayer2

And I don't think she ever meant to hurt Rick, which is the exact opposite of what Rick is trying to do to her...maximum damage. There's that saying that the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference, and Rick is anything but indifferent right now.

I'm not saying Rick doesn't love Maya, but she should be paying attention to his reactions to Caroline. Because you are absolutely correct, Rick is not indifferent to Caroline at all.

I absolutely despise Ridge

I didn't much like RM Ridge much at all, but I do like TK Ridge. I also think he and LG have great onscreen chemistry. I hope the show isn't foolish enough to throw that away.

I'd really love to see everyone walk out of Forrester and leave manpain baby pants alone with Maya. Rick just bugs the ever loving crap out of me. He is such a whiny baby. Listen I get it, his wife cheated and yes, he gets to be mad at her. Stand up to dad and say no I'm staying married to a woman who cheated on me with my brother and be a man! Instead, he's like a little kid.

I know Ridge has always been a whiny ass too but right now Rick is front and center so I get to be sick and tired of his nonsense.

• Love 7

I know Ridge has always been a whiny ass too but right now Rick is front and center so I get to be sick and tired of his nonsense.

I appreciate the acknowledgement and you have a point about Rick forfeiting CEO and telling his Dad to suck it but I can't even care about that because I just want Ridge to pay and pay and pay and Eric to me is the equivalent of Jacob from the bible. It's no wonder with the obvious favouritism that they shoved him down a well. Some Dads just suck at their job, somebody upthread made a valid point: What kind of Dad actively pits their sons against each other. The fuck?

To that end what kind of a brother tries to steal his own brother's wife. Although it is par for the course on this show. It just seems that all of Ridge's sins come at the expense of Logans and I'm a Logan-lover from way back so it makes me ragey. With this latest escapade he managed to fuck over two Logans at once and if Brooke were around he probably would have gone for the trifecta. Ridge just never seems to get his (except that one gut-punch from Bill) and it burns me like the fire of a thousands suns. He managed to be macking on Brooke's son's wife while simultaneously cheating on her sister. How is this even possible? I fucking hate this dude. I can never seen anyone's side but Rick's because Ridge gets to do whatever the hell he wants all day, everyday. He's not even a bio-son and Eric has said more words to him this month than he has to Thorne his entire life. Thorne got it right when he shot him in the head. A little to the left Thorne, a little to the left.

ETA Not for nothing but this would be a good time to bring back Nick, he always saw straight through his brother's bullshit and was happy to tell him so.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

He managed to be macking on Brooke's son's wife while simultaneously cheating on her sister. How is this even possible?

I supposed it happened in much the same way Brooke managed to sleep with her daughter Bridget's husband, her daughter Hope's boyfriend and her sister Katie's husband. This show is nothing if not wildly incestuous.

He's not even a bio-son and Eric has said more words to him this month than he has to Thorne his entire life.

Bio or not, Eric raised Ridge as his son. I don't like the favoritism either but I don't see what bio has to do with anything. I mean Eric should never so obviously favor any of his children over the others, but was he supposed to suddenly change his feelings for Ridge because of that lame ass story with Massimo?

To that end what kind of a brother tries to steal his own brother's wife.

No one can be stolen. Caroline kissed Ridge willingly. Again, not saying Ridge was right just saying both Ridge and Caroline had something to do with what happened, it isn't all on Ridge.

I've watched this show on and off for a number of years, but I certainly haven't watched from the beginning. I don't tend to have particularly strong feelings about any of the characters. I couldn't stand Ridge as played by RM because he was just so bad. I can watch this Ridge because I like TK. I loved him on Port Charles and AMC.

I watched the woman who plays Maya on Guiding Light and she wasn't a good actress (in my opinion) on there and she hasn't improved at all here. I don't think she and the guy who plays Rick have any chemistry. I'll take Caroline/Ridge any time over having to watch Rick/Maya in a tub yet again.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 10

Bio or not, Eric raised Ridge as his son. I don't like the favoritism either but I don't see what bio has to do with anything. I mean Eric should never so obviously favor any of his children over the others, but was he supposed to suddenly change his feelings for Ridge because of that lame ass story with Massimo?

It has everything to do with it because all the Logans including Rick have ever heard from Ridge and his clan is how they weren't "real Forresters" it's all just a little ironic. Also in the context of the proverbial "throne" it has everything to do with it. Ridge for many years was given the keys to the kingdom under the pretext of being the "first born". This show has always been very 'Tudorian'. I know, I know none of Henry the VIII's kids were actually his but damned if he knew that.

Me I'll take the tub Raya anyday over CarRidge, they do nothing for me. Zilch. But as it stands we can all get what we want since no Caroline and Rick means Raya AND CarRidge.

Who was the poster who said they liked CarRidge but not married and with babies? Oh the irony of their port-manteau.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

To that end what kind of a brother tries to steal his own brother's wife. Although it is par for the course on this show.

I have only seen Ridge fall for Caroline in spite of himself and do his level best not to steal her from his brother. To do what was best for her and make sure she got what she wanted, even if it wasn't him.  I get that Ridge is a grade A bastard from what everyone else says about his history but he hasn't treated Caroline that way.  Or Rick either,until it was clear that he was all about hurting Caroline. 

His feelings did hurt his relationship with Katie but she was the mature one and broke it off - Ridge didn't dump her publicly and humiliate her as much as possible at the same time. 

• Love 7

While what Rick did was underhanded, he made a good business move.  His father put an unreasonable demand on him related to him retaining the CEO position. Rick outsmarted him with the agreement.

Rick stepped over the line a bit by telling them they could all be replaced, but that is true in the biz world.  If Eric expected loyalty from Rick, he shouldn't have backed him into a corner, and on a matter which is entirely not related to the business.

• Love 7

It has everything to do with it because all the Logans including Rick have ever heard from Ridge and his clan is how they weren't "real Forresters"

I don't know anything about that since I didn't see it. I will say, it's pretty lame of any character to say Rick or Bridget aren't real Forrester's when their dad is Eric. And it would be just as bad to say Ridge isn't a real Forrester just because of Massimo. Ridge was raised by Eric as his son.

His feelings did hurt his relationship with Katie but she was the mature one and broke it off - Ridge didn't dump her publicly and humiliate her as much as possible at the same time.

I really enjoyed those scenes. One of the few times in this show that anyone acted like an adult. Katie knew things were over and ended things nicely and maturely.

His father put an unreasonable demand on him related to him retaining the CEO position.

Yeah that whole Rick has to stay married to Caroline thing was stupid.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 5

While what Rick did was underhanded, he made a good business move.  His father put an unreasonable demand on him related to him retaining the CEO position. Rick outsmarted him with the agreement.

Rick stepped over the line a bit by telling them they could all be replaced, but that is true in the biz world.  If Eric expected loyalty from Rick, he shouldn't have backed him into a corner, and on a matter which is entirely not related to the business.

Genius and well said. It was a very Victor Newman move indeed.

Does Rick think Forrestor can survive without Ridge as a designer along with Caroline?

Now, see, I'm with Rick on that.  Ridge was gone for over a year and everything was fine.  Caroline's only been on the scene for the past 3 years and Forrester was fine without her.  Gianni died almost 20 years ago, but Versace is still going strong, with a whole host of designers.  All you need is that name recognition, when Forrester has had for years.

I'm kind of interested to see the dynamic between Ivy and Maya.  I'm glad that Ivy is a real person with relatable faults, one of which is trying to tell people how they should feel.  She pulled it with Hope continuously when she kept trying to tell her that she needed to be over Liam.  As a viewer, I agreed because it was tedious to watch, but as a person, I was not without sympathy for Hope with regard to the fact that feelings just don't go away.  Plus, Ivy knew nothing but tabloid talk of Hope's and Liam's relationship, but steady tried to drop knowledge on people who were actually there.  This is the same thing here.  Why does she keep going to Maya -- a woman that she has little to no relationship with -- to tell her how she should feel about pursuing Rick?  Rick's the married one and he's her family -- her beef should have been him and only him.  Instead she's running around, looking for Maya to tell her to back off.  Even if Rick's story about the goodbye kiss was true, it was completely inappropriate for him to be at Maya's place after he reconciled with Caroline, regardless of whether Maya was having a hard time with the break-up or not.  So even though Maya is straight up wrong and strong to throw Ivy out of the house, I also don't blame her.  But Ivy's also not the type to back down, so I wonder where that's gonna go.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 5

Othello and Pam gossiping made me nostalgic for OLTL's RJ and Dorian (master schemers and unlikely friends).  The guy playing Othello is no Timothy J Stickney, though. :-)  Little scenes like that are the kind most soaps don't do anymore so I'm glad that B&B still does.  

• Love 3