Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I don't think anyone has said PRick is not justified in his hatred of Ridge but I don't think he is justified in his treatment of Caroline since he is treating just as bad as Ridge ever treated Brooke. IMO

Has Caroline ever said she has a "mature"  love for Ridge? Or is it just the actor saying she is playing it that way because I don't see it, now. Maybe later but not now, she is all about getting PRick back.

• Love 1

Run Caroline Run. Rick is not worthy of your love because is is incapable of loving anyone but himself. Divorce him and take him to the cleaners because he is an out and out adulterer.

WTF with replacing Steffeny's portrait with Maya's? First of all the portait is hideous and secondly it's the ultimate in petulance and disrespect. I think Brooke would approve of his take-over but not the replacement of the portrait. Rick it's only a year not forever and by ticking people off and getting way ahead of yourself.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 5

I knew Rick was going to put Maya's portrait up. Hot mess. How did he find the time to have that moved from Forrester to the mansion in the 5 minutes he was home?

That happened? Woot woot! Nice.

• Love 1

When Rick said "You worked hard for this dream", I just wanted to yell "Yeah, on her knees and back". 

Maya saying that they could all live their dream was so stupid.  Who the hell wants to live with a whiney brat and his conniving lover?  And where will Eric live?  He said he's not leaving with his brother now, after what just happened, so will Eric be homeless?  I can see it now.  Dickster will have a portrait of Maya painted and replace the one of Stephanie.  After all, he's got no love for her.  If he does that, Eric will go all postal on Dickster. 

I so want everyone to pack up and move to another building and start a new design house.  Or maybe trot over to Spectra Fashions and restart Sally's dream. 

• Love 5

I am so glad to see some spunk in Caroline, although her begging has reached new heights.

The whole time she was "begging", I must say, I was completely distracted by her dark red lipstick! And, I think Maya is kinda "cartoonish" at best. But.....the story is moving along, and I am also glad the Hope saga is gone gone gone.

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 1

So let's forget Ivy for a moment, does Rick actually think that replacing Stephanie's portrait with that god-awful thing of Maya is going to win over Ally or Pam?  The grand-daughter and sister really?  Does he think that one or both of them might be insulted that he moved Maya into the Forrester home without so much as a "hey, guess what" and is now letting her play "Mistress of the Manor" rather than just mistress?

These are two people that could have been allies or at least not enemies and you decide to do this?  Damn son, if you are not careful, there isn't going to be a Forrester Creations for you to run or a Forrester family for Maya to lord over because everyone will have turned their backs on you and your immature and spiteful behavior.

• Love 8

OMG THAT PORTRAIT IS AWESOME !    I need a copy of it.

So far Rick has lied to his wife and father, secured an apartment for his girlfriend, had sex many times with said girlfriend, gained complete control of FC, hired a moving company, and commissioned a portrait of his girlfriend all while running the day to day FC business. Say what you will that little guy can multitask.

When kissing alone leads to an accidental pregnancy I'll consider it equal to actual sex.

Excellent post LuLu123, I agreed with every bit of it. Especially the first sentence.  

• Love 7

commissioned a portrait of his girlfriend all while running the day to day FC business.

When kissing alone leads to an accidental pregnancy I'll consider it equal to actual sex.

That portrait of Maya was actually an part of some kind of face of Forrester campaign (that we never saw took place). Portraits of Maya, Brooke and Hope can be found throughout Forrester, and they're all wearing English Lady inspired wear.

I don't think kissing is equal to sex. Nor is kissing necessarily equal to betraying marriage vows. But Caroline's was.

More Ridge and Eric. TK can cry on demand?

http://youtu.be/iJ2xD-qWIgk

• Love 6

So let's forget Ivy for a moment, does Rick actually think that replacing Stephanie's portrait with that god-awful thing of Maya is going to win over Ally or Pam?  

Between Ivy's asinine "We're Forresters" comment and Aly trying to partially blame Rick for Caroline's actions (Uncle Rick was working late a lot), there's no winning those 2 over regardless of what is said and done.  Everyone hates Maya and makes excuses for Caroline.  The show has pretty much set it up this way.  All that being said, the Maya painting is WAAAAAY over the top for Rick.  I laughed for a good 5 minutes after seeing that ridiculousness.  Even Maya thought that was a bit much.  The Stephanie painting on the floor reminded me of the painting from Ghostbusters... the eyes move and follow you everywhere.

That Eric-Ridge clip is great.

One thing I forgot about this from last week... when Othello and Pam are talking about "changes" coming to FC, Pam was upset that people could possibly be fired.  She then listed a few people like herself and Charlie.  When she said Charlie, Othello said, "Who?"  I thought that was really funny. 

• Love 8

That portrait of Maya was actually an part of some kind of face of Forrester campaign (that we never saw took place). Portraits of Maya, Brooke and Hope can be found throughout Forrester, and they're all wearing English Lady inspired wear.

I don't think kissing is equal to sex. Nor is kissing necessarily equal to betraying marriage vows. But Caroline's was.

More Ridge and Eric. TK can cry on demand?

http://youtu.be/iJ2xD-qWIgk

Where is this coming from? This is phenomenal! These episodes and this writing are some of the most honest, true, incredible words since Claire Labine and Wendy Riche/GH days. Just wow, so much stuff just grounded in reality and life, like the roots of a tree. Incredible. Just incredible and the acting had been just brilliant across the board. Cheers to the cast and writers, just amazing stuff. Like a damn therapy session or Oprah's Master Class or something. Keep it up B&B, there is much to be proud of here!

kia Thanks for the clip!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 6

Wow, kia thanks for that clip.  This is what I was trying to convey in my early post about both Ridge and Rick needing to get over themselves and recognize that the behavior each despises in the other is really within themselves too.  And TK and JMC are so much more convincing as father and son as are JJY and JMC.

ETA - if there was anyone who might empathize with Rick, it would be Pam.  She spent her entire life taking care of Ann in that Chicago apartment while Stephanie lived the glamorous and glorious (at least on the surface) life in LA.  Pam, who showed kindness to Maya, by inviting her to Hope's shower.  Pam, who has done some wildly inappropriate and crazy, criminal things and yet the family loves her and understands her previous pain and mental issues.  Rick could humble himself somewhat and talk to Pam who I think would actually listen to him and try to console him without pressure.

As for Ally, yes, she may love Caroline and support her.  But again a "more flies with honey approach" by Rick to truly explain what it feels like to be second fiddle to Ridge and to tell her to ask her father about this as well would/should at least get her thinking.

However, Bradley has shown himself to be incapable of writing nuance and simply goes for the shock value.  A long-time viewer can only surmise, that the big fall from grace of Rick and Maya is coming and coming bad.

Edited by LuLu123
  • Love 3

I'm not sure who JJY is but if it is somehow Jacob Young, I think him and John McCook are plenty convincing. The whole cast is phenomenal and work wonderfully together, there's no Charity Rahmer here.

• Love 3

Awesome work again today by everyone; this show is so riveting right now that I find myself checking the time meter on the recording and saying things like "no way, the show can't be over!".

Now if Rick had behaved this way from the start; rational, and like a damn grown up, none of this would have been necessary. As I listened to him crushing out his reasons and excuses, I started picking up on things like "I tried to forget about it", and "I tried to think about other things". Really? When was all that thinking going on Rick? Between running FC's, taking baths, and fucking Maya, I don't see where you have had any time to think. This big Boo Hoo baby just can't get past it; well then I say screw him. Even so, I was far more offended at the end, when he was telling Maya that she was the reason he had the position. Again, really? So then, it was Maya who came to your rescue when the company was tanking? It was Maya's leadership skills that whipped everyone's ass into shape, and told them to get up and get to work on HFTF? It was Maya's design talent that put the line on paper and saw it commissioned into real gowns? It was Maya's skills that put the whole fashion show together, and pulled off the best showing the company had seen in many years. And it was all of that hard work by Maya that saw the best numbers the company had had in years? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I just don't get Maya; after she has run around flaunting her tawdry ass to all of Caroline's friends and family, she honestly thinks they would want to hang with her? Delutional indeed. I will give Maya a little bit of props for having the decency to realize how disrespectful Rick was being about the portrait. This is something else I have noticed; that was about the third or fourth time in two days that Maya has put on her "sweet" face. I am beginning to wonder if those aren't actually anvils, and now that Maya has gotten the brass ring, they are going to revert her to the Maya of before?

Caroline and Ridge....OMG! The sizzling heat between them. When he was being goofy, and started messing around with the pencil? Priceless. When he told her he just wanted to cash it all in and tell her to come with him? I nearly had the vapors. When he told her it was hard to pluck someone extraordinary like her outta your head? I was gasping for air. Hopefully, this interaction will highlight many things to Caroline, and will get her moving in the right direction. I only have so much patience show, and Brooke is coming home soon.

How ironic is it that Ridge wants to do exactly what Brooke did? A Ridge free zone for Caroline and Rick; a Brooke free zone for Bill and Katie.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

I am cautiously about the storylines going forward, however yesterday's show gave me reason to pause.  Was Maya saying she could now "afford integrity" while sporting the world fakest grin supposed to be the best visualization of an oxymoron ever?  That's either gibberish or the prelude to a psycho storyline.  IMO psycho storylines are a copout when writers have written themselves into a corner.  Please let's avoid dark little corners like that.  That being said, I'm willing to put up with a lot of gibberish to keep Hope, Liam and Wyatt out of the picture.

• Love 2

Between Ivy's asinine "We're Forresters" comment and Aly trying to partially blame Rick for Caroline's actions (Uncle Rick was working late a lot), there's no winning those 2 over regardless of what is said and done.  Everyone hates Maya and makes excuses for Caroline.  The show has pretty much set it up this way.  All that being said, the Maya painting is WAAAAAY over the top for Rick.  I laughed for a good 5 minutes after seeing that ridiculousness.  Even Maya thought that was a bit much.  The Stephanie painting on the floor reminded me of the painting from Ghostbusters... the eyes move and follow you everywhere.

Thank you, the show took great pains to stack the deck (even changing Maya's personality to do it), so I'm going to ride with her even harder. I also like the chemistry with Rick and Maya...so its a win for me. 

The portrait is a bit much though, not sure what they are going for exactly. 

• Love 5

Days did the portrait replacement scene better, replacing the portrait of Stefano with one of Sami and Kate.

Q: Do I have this correct?  Eric was both with Brooke and her mother?  And Ridge is now both with old (dead) Caroline and her daughter Caroline?  Or is Caroline her aunt.  I am confused.

• Love 2

Caroline is a good actress but she bares her teeth and clenches her jaw too much!  Nice teeth though!

Actually, I've wondered if LG has some sort of jaw issue (TMJ?), she always seems to do some weird thing where it looks like she's trying to hold her jaw still while talking.

Q: Do I have this correct?  Eric was both with Brooke and her mother?  And Ridge is now both with old (dead) Caroline and her daughter Caroline?  Or is Caroline her aunt.  I am confused.

Yes, Eric was with Brooke and her mother...as well as Brooke's sister Donna.  Dead Caroline is current Caroline's aunt (Bill's sister Karen is Caroline's mother).

• Love 1

I am cautiously about the storylines going forward, however yesterday's show gave me reason to pause.  Was Maya saying she could now "afford integrity" while sporting the world fakest grin supposed to be the best visualization of an oxymoron ever?  That's either gibberish or the prelude to a psycho storyline.  IMO psycho storylines are a copout when writers have written themselves into a corner.  Please let's avoid dark little corners like that.  That being said, I'm willing to put up with a lot of gibberish to keep Hope, Liam and Wyatt out of the picture.

Response to bolded texted: If I never saw them again it would be too soon!

Days did the portrait replacement scene better, replacing the portrait of Stefano with one of Sami and Kate.

Caroline 1.0 was this Caroline's aunt. 

I'm not seeing Maya as the villain here. Actually, I'm not seeing any villains or any heroes. I think that is what's making it so compelling.

That said, WTF, Rick? OK, you are emperor at Forrester for one year. But the house? The house belongs to Eric. He's going on vacation. He is NOT dead. And even if he were dead, you would be getting only 1/6 of the house, 1/7 if Eric makes Mushmouth an equal heir. So Maya needs to stop with the redecorating, Eric's guests stay put, and Stephanie's portrait will be harshing your mellow for a while.

• Love 9

That clip of Eric and Ridge was awesome! The recent shows must be so difficult to edit because there is so much good work to choose from. So glad we can see those bonus scenes and they aren't wasted on the cutting room floor (so to speak.)

I was happy to see Maya hesitate (a lot) over the portrait exchange. Better get that out of the manse before Eric returns. Speaking of, is John McCook leaving the show temporarily for another gig, or is this trip with his brother just a typical lull for him in the SL? (I remember that in the past he has taken extended breaks from the show to do live theatre.)

Did Ivy just quietly leave? I like the way that Maya has to keep reminding/convincing people (mostly herself) that Rick loves her. I noticed that he couldn't admit that to Caroline and I haven't heard him tell Maya that he loves her recently, even when prompted.

I hate to say this, but Kim Matula did everybody a huge favor (and hopefully, to herself) by leaving the show. It was like throwing off the shackles. I haven't even missed Brooke.

• Love 12

I'm not seeing Maya as the villain here.

I felt a little sorry for her today.  It's clear that she thinks she's acquiring a family along with Rick.  But people take sides when couples break up and I doubt they will be siding with her over Caroline.  Not saying Caroline is a complete victim but Rick and Maya have been pretty nasty to her.

So is this the start of the portrait storyline?  I'm looking forward to it.  Not looking forward to Ridge going to Paris.  If he does, I know it's because of TK's schedule but still... can we at least get a goodbye kiss or something?   

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 3

So how long are we going to go round and round with Rick saying its over, Caroline saying it's not and Maya having stars in her eyes?

And Maya's face when she saw that picture was priceless. She looked like she was scared for the first time in forever. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 4

Okay y'all, this is what Ivy is in for.... http://youtu.be/Nr0mSky-mRE and BTW whatever happened to Clarence anyway? I would looooooove to hear his updates on this current plot. Dammit!! Come back Clarence we miss you!

And Maya's face when she saw that picture was priceless. She looked like she was scared for the first time in forever.

You're right venus she did look particularly alarmed. I think the spoiler

about Maya confronting Rick about using her to piss off that idiot is going to come to fruition next week.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

Okay y'all, this is what Ivy is in for....

and BTW whatever happened to Clarence anyway? I would looooooove to hear his updates on this current plot. Dammit!!

Oh my, that was hilarious. But don't tell me that Hope & Liam have been going on like this for 3 years?   

• Love 2

Why would anyone think that Maya deserves anything like respect? Face it. Until there's a divorce, and Dickster puts a ring on it, and makes Maya Mrs Rick Forrester, she's entitled to nothing. She's not empress of the manor and she can't do anything like firing anyone because she's nothing more than a mistress. And does anyone believe that Rick will ever marry her?

I don't know why, but when I saw Maya's portrait, all I could think of was the picture of Dorian Gray.

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 5

Okay. I won't tell you? *backs away slowly*

:-)  All I can say, is that it explains a lot about some of the posts I've read over the last 4 or 5 months.

Clarence. Holy moly, how awesome is he?  I'm just sitting alone at the computer, laughing.  There may have even been some very unladylike snorting going on too.  I wish he would do recaps of the shows I can't quite quit.  (Maybe he could do an Arrow/BC recap. Seriously. I would pay to see that.)

ETA:  This weekend I think I'm going to binge on Clarence recaps.  What a fantastic way to get the B&B backstory.  Much better than any wiki page entry, where you need to make multi-page diagrams to figure out who is related and who can safely procreate. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 5

:-)  All I can say, is that it explains a lot about some of the posts I've read over the last 4 or 5 months.

Clarence. Holy moly, how awesome is he?  I'm just sitting alone at the computer, laughing.  There may have even been some very unladylike snorting going on too.  I wish he would do recaps of the shows I can't quite quit.  (Maybe he could do an Arrow/BC recap. Seriously. I would pay to see that.)

ETA:  This weekend I think I'm going to binge on Clarence recaps.  What an awesome way to get the B&B backstory. 

Right?!! He just makes it all make sense. I'm going through all of 2013 right now. He has a particular hate on for Taylor, it's hysterical!

• Love 4

OK, so this show is on fire! So what happens when Caroline is pregnant? Because the anvils have been hurting. Is it when Maya turns up pregnant and Rick has to choose? Or will we be in store for a WTD storyline between Rick and Ridge? 

I had no problem with Ivy throwing down the Forrester card. That's not Rick's house. He didn't even grow up there. And, as someone else noted, Eric is on vacation, not dead, and he will be back. She has no right putting people out, even if it is for just one night. And it is the home that Aly's father grew up in. I would tell her and Rick Fuck You if they tried that shit with me and dare him to fire me. 

I was glad Maya objected to the portrait, but girlfriend needs to get a clue. If she can't see that Rick is acting out, she's in big, big trouble. He was deeply in love with his wife and it takes a long, long time to get over that. And he has never told Maya that he loves her during this part two of their romance. I hope she has a Plan B.

I really wish they'd bring some dashing young man to town to seduce (literally) Caroline. That will open Rick's eyes and he'll recognize the difference between a few stolen kisses and day-fucking someone in a bathtub for all of the neighbors to see.

• Love 10

I agree that Rick is using Maya to prove that he is "over" Caroline when nothing could be further from the truth.

All of his over-flaunting of their relationship, especially the moving her into the mansion and the ugly-ass portrait, is a smokescreen for what's really going on with him. And I think he does realize what he's doing and part of him is thinking, you can put the brakes on here and end this farce fiasco, but the other part that is just hell-bent on getting his own back is determined to see this through and the consequences be damned. He is self-sabotage at its ugliest.

And Maya is dumb as dirt if she thinks Rick is in love with her, but then again, I never gave Bambi Doe Eyes much credit in the intelligence department.

• Love 2
Rick has money, so why not buy a house of his own?

The same thing could be said of Ridge. It seems like he either lives at Eric's house or he moves into the home of whichever woman he's sleeping with at the moment. Why doesn't he buy a house of his own? It's stuff like this that's makes you see where B&B is cheaping out on production. It probably costs less to have as many of the characters as possible live in the same place.

• Love 4

The same thing could be said of Ridge. It seems like he either lives at Eric's house or he moves into the home of whichever woman he's sleeping with at the moment. Why doesn't he buy a house of his own? It's stuff like this that's makes you see where B&B is cheaping out on production. It probably costs less to have as many of the characters as possible live in the same place.

I think the main point is why is he taking over the home that belongs to his father and to which said father will ultimately return after his vacation, in which he never lived and was the home of his arch enemy's mother. His girlfriend doesn't have a pot to piss in, so buy a house to shack up in. Ridge lived in the homes of the women he was involved with because they were raising children in said   homes, weren't they? And Eric's house is the home Ridge was raised in

I seriously doubt Eric knows what's happening at his house or that he would approve.

• Love 1

Why is he doing it?  Because he can.  Eric's gone for an extended trip (when he was in the bath with Maya, he was talking about staying there while Eric was gone, so it's not a permanent thing), no one thinks to call Eric about this, and even if they did, Eric's a moron and a pushover so what difference would it make?

It's just another way to throw his "power" around: running Forrester, living in the mansion, making martinis.  Is he going to learn to play the piano next?  It's too late to sing Christmas songs, but he can always practice for next year.

I think Maya's hair was fine in the portrait.  I thought it was great that Karla wore her hair in an unaltered natural state for awhile because I don't think many people are used to seeing it and I think the more people see it, the less you get unfortunate, mocking comments about it.

I'd also like to give us, the viewers, a shout-out for enduring this soap.  We finally got some payoff.  I tuned back in after JY rejoined the cast (I think I tuned out back when KL's Rick got dumped by Taylor and then he went after Steffy; gross[er]) and the Steffy/Liam/Hope/Wyatt merry-go-round threatened to dump me off several times over the years.

• Love 5

Yeah, I really don't get why they're all letting Rick walk all over them.  It's Eric's house, he's welcomed Ally and Ivy to live there.  Why would they listen to Maya or Rick and believe they need to head on out?  Just ignore the baby having the tantrum and go about your lives, ladies.  

• Love 7

Oh.  My gosh.  I was completely distracted in that first scene by Maya's boobies.  The couldn't have lined that lingerie?!  However, that dusty rose color was really pretty against her skin.  Rick telling Maya that no one was going to call her a homewrecker now?  Really?  People still call Angelina Jolie a homewrecker, and she's been with Brad Pitt 10 years and they have six kids!

When Rick was yelling in Pam's face, he reminded me of a SNL character.  Maybe a Will Ferrell one.  Maybe it was the way he never closed his mouth and barely closed his teeth.

Today's Maya was acting a lot more like original Maya today.  Did she cast a spell on that portrait?  Why does Rick keep gazing up at it?  And why is it crooked?

Loved Liam and Caroline's talk.  I really liked his line saying that even though the feelings don't go away, a relationship really can break instantly.

• Love 9

What was up with Maya's horrible hair in that portrait!!??  No wonder she thought it should come down, her vanity took over, had nothing to do with "principle."  

BAD ASS HAIR DAY!  LOL

Maya's hair was about the best thing in that portrait -  the dress, the jewelry, the pose, all were just awful.  But then, I thought she looked beautiful in the neutral blouse and skirt she had on the other day. It made her skin glow.

• Love 4

Today's Maya was acting a lot more like original Maya today.  Did she cast a spell on that portrait?  Why does Rick keep gazing up at it?  And why is it crooked?

Oh dear, no. This isn't TVD. He's probably looking at it because it's slowly going to dawn on this moron that using the one person who has been loyal to him over that faithless, vapid idiot is not worth it. There's very little worth more than loyalty in this world, especially in the corporate world. Yes love is included in that, look what "love" has done on this show. "Love" couldn't stop Caroline from being yet another notch on the Ridge Forrester fan club belt. Blech. Should come up with a name for his belt though, CarCarLoTay. LoganTayTayCar 2.0. Double Car LoTay? TayLoCar x2? BroTayed and CarJacked twice?

Wrt her acting like Maya 1.0. Good. I think they've reverted her to form right on time, this "gold-digging" Maya made no fucking sense. I also think her and Ivy will be friends or at least frenemies especially when Steffy comes. They have a good chemistry and when they speak to each other it isn't all venom and vitriol like it is with Caroline and Maya. I look forward to their relationship developing, frankly Ivy will need all the people in her corner that she can get when Steffy comes a knocking. Steffy is one crazy bitch, she doesn't need anything from anyone and she has Bill Spencer on her side as well. Ivy will soon find that going up against him isn't exactly a bed of (insert Australian flower here).

Maya's hair was about the best thing in that portrait -  the dress, the jewelry, the pose, all were just awful.  But then, I thought she looked beautiful in the neutral blouse and skirt she had on the other day. It made her skin glow.

I agree. Rocking the natural hair, way to go, lady!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 5

OMG THAT PORTRAIT IS AWESOME !    I need a copy of it.

LOL! Okay, that made me finally join the spit-all-over-my-keyboard club.

Dead Caroline is current Caroline's aunt (Bill's sister Karen is Caroline's mother).

BTW, both Karen and her sister Caroline were played by the same actress.

So... I think Maya is about to be attacked by an angry little bluebird.

• Love 4