Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

You know, Maya's gotten so delusional about this whole thing, I could see her coming home to find it up there and thinking "Awww, Rick put this up here because he sees me as the next Stephanie, the Forrester family matriarch!  How sweet!" 

• Love 4
While I don't care one way or the other when it comes to gratuitous shirtless scenes, I find Carter's disturbing. (And not in a good way, I'm more a fan of toned and trim.)  Is the actor a body builder or just overzealous?

That's my reaction too. IMO there's a huge "trying too hard" vibe. The scenes seemed forced to me.

Are bathtub scenes taking the place of endless montages now that Hope is off-screen?

Apparently so. I just hope Maya's neighbors in those nearby buildings don't have small children. They'd be getting an X-rated eyeful.

I am a week late on this, but did anyone else miss the fact that the dog show was a shout out to FW's movie role in Best in Show?

No, I got it but wondered why they'd pull that reference out now. The whole thing seemed kind of random. There was a national dog show a few weeks ago but it was broadcast on another network so I can't see B&B trying to do some kind of tie-in.

I can't help but notice that this is the second time Ridge has seen Carter shirtless, if that's not an anvil I don't know what is ;)

Oh, if only B&B had the stones to do a gay or bisexual storyline. It's still amazing to me that this show doesn't have any gay characters--not any that are openly gay anyway.

• Love 5

Although tessaray you might have another interloper in your Caroline/Ridge plans. I can't help but notice that this is the second time Ridge has seen Carter shirtless, if that's not an anvil I don't know what is ;)

I saw the potential interloper spoiler. That's why I'm worried about them doing a proper Caroline/Ridge romance.  It's not making much sense at the moment (how it will come together) but it should be interesting, anyway.  

The pacing of this show is very uneven.  I'm assuming that KKL taking a break and KM leaving left some holes they weren't really prepared for? 

• Love 2

I didn't see Eric ever signing his company away, but this new caveat of one year makes it far more likely to happen. It also ties into, and clarifies, the spoilers I read. It would also keep the SL going, because what else do we have? And if Eric doesn't sign then what? We just keep going with this? I am ready for things to start moving forward; we are beginning to stagnant into scenes about why I can't have sex, unneeded and unwanted baby talk, discussions about what is going to happen when I am the CEO's wife, talks about what will happen when I am made irrevocable CEO, bathtubs, shirtless Carter, Ridge watching a shirtless Carter, the "papers" otherwise known as the "contract", bathing while having sex, Rick's whining about Big Bad Ridge, did I mention sex and bathtubs?

Caroline and Maya? Good grief, if I hadn't known better I would have thought I was watching Mean Girls or something similar. These two have long since passed this stage of the game. I was disappointed in both of them. Maya shouldn't have been there, and she certainly shouldn't have been trying to bait Caroline, and Caroline should never have risen to the bait. I was put off by the entire interaction. Even so, Maya doesn't seem to understand, or is choosing to ignore, the fact that Rick being irrevocable CEO makes him just that. It doesn't make him a free irrevocable CEO. Caroline doesn't have to agree to a divorce; she could drag the agony out for eternity, although I don't want to see that. She hasn't been in this for payback, that is Rick's game, so I would think she would cut her losses and move on with someone who wants her. Still, she could drag it out for just a wee little bit........

I don't mind seeing Carter shirtless really, just not every day; I know how hard it is to keep those muscles, but I wish he would take his shirt off for a female. And I wish they would do something with the character; he is the male version of Donna, everyones sounding board.

It's seems that both Rick and Eric have forgotten that Eric has other children, and Eric's decision will also effect them. Felicia, Kristen, Thorne and Bridget have never been the center of Eric's universe though. Well maybe Kristen in the early years, but it has really always been about Ridge and Rick. Historically, I have detested Ridge; that isn't to say there hasn't been a time or two I have been pro Ridge, but I have consistently disliked the Rick character from day one. Ridge is an arrogant asshat, whose past of trifling douchery is too long to list, and Rick was a whiny little pissant, who grew into a whiny little punk ass bitch. Brooke and Eric molleycoddled him, and never let him fuck up and face the circumstances, and have created this trojan like little monster. I hate to say it but I am firmly in Ridge's camp.

Karla Mosley is a beautiful woman, but there is something so distracting about her hair. Actually, I am distracted by nearly everyones hair; I like the side braid on Linsey Godfrey, but the overall look is messy, and not put together. There is that little place on the top of John McCook's head that has needed to be combed for the last couple of days. Rick looks like he is ready to join the Marine Corp. Ivy's hair was looking pretty good there for awhile, but it is looking a little rough again. Then there was Brooke's straggly ends. I can remember a time on B&B when everyones hair looked top notch. Where did those stylists go?

Hair or not, I absolutely love that dress Caroline has been wearing. I die for leather and lace together, particularly in black. And that neckless rocks.

• Love 5

C'mon Raya, I'm here for the scheming (and the tub scenes) but if you're sharing a brain, why don't you get one that works. /Kelly Kapowski.

I.  Love.  You.

the "papers" otherwise known as the "contract"

Karla Mosley is a beautiful woman, but there is something so distracting about her hair.

YES!  I'm sitting here like "Why does he keep saying "papers" like it's a thing that normal people use in conversation.

There are a few things that distract me about Karla's hair.  First, what's up with the color?  Her hair is black and that weave is some shade of dark brown.  I can clearly see the color contrast when they have a piece of her own hair pulled out to frame her face.  Second, her hair is natural and natural hair can tend to swell under heat (aka, studio lights).  Whatever fake hair they have on her isn't the same texture as her own and it doesn't blend well.

• Love 2

So did Rick badgerwhinemanipulate Eric into signing the papers?  I had to turn the channel after about ten minutes or so because of the ugliness between Maya and Caroline and Rick's droning on and on about no one respecting him just because he's a whiny little snake.  Ugh.  Just fuck off already, Rick.

• Love 1

Enough with Raya and the Bathtub of Lust!

Is Show trying to make us believe that they use the tub/ bubble bath exclusively for all their sexy times? Being intimate as Ridge said today?  Cuts down on the time spent taking a shower after I guess.

I don't find the tub scenes romantic or sexy at all, just silly.  Because...  really ... seriously .... who in her right mind finds having a tub in the living room in front of a picture window a good thing?

Is it me or does Rick always look slightly queasy and a little disgusted when he's embracing Maya and looking over her shoulder.  And I seem to notice he always has his eyes tight shut when he kisses her. My theory is that he's thinking about Caroline.

I think he's going to give into his feelings for her and voila, baby makes 3.  Maya, of course, will be furious when she finds out and work on Rick to convince him the baby is Ridge's. Rick, like the idiot he is, will believe Maya.  And the Rick/ Ridge feud will explode like a dry Christmas tree.

Caroline will be devastated 1) because Rick is now flaunting Maya publicly ('cause we know Eric is going to cave and sign "the papers") and 2) because Rick firmly, loudly and publically believes she cheated on him with Ridge and can't shut up about it to anyone. And because everyone knows about the kisses, there's a lot of side eye going on that Rick might be right.

This may be where the Carter/Caroline hook up happens. Not that they are a couple, but that he's the one who gives her support  and believes her that the baby is Rick's.  Since Baby Wype was a tock, this one might be a tick.

• Love 2
The pacing of this show is very uneven.  I'm assuming that KKL taking a break and KM leaving left some holes they weren't really prepared for?

KKL is a team player, that's why she's been front burner, on and off, for 25 plus years, so I'm sure the writing team knew about her upcoming absence.  However, I'm sure they were blown away by KM's decision to depart, I can only imagine the scrambling in the writers' room to fill those gaps. Her storyline was 75% of the show (or maybe just seemed like 75% of the show).

• Love 8

However, I'm sure they were blown away by KM's decision to depart, I can only imagine the scrambling in the writers' room to fill those gaps. Her storyline was 75% of the show (or maybe just seemed like 75% of the show).

I disagree, it felt more like 95% :)

I really wish Eric would tell his whiny pants son that not only will he not sign the papers, but that he needs an adult to run the company and appoints Thorne CEO.

• Love 8

I'm trying to figure out what the heck the contract that Maya pushed Rick to sign said.

Dear Ridge Rick,

Congratulations! I've chosen you to be CEO instead of your brother. Please help yourself to the office, the jet and the stock options. Until I change my mind. Have fun!

Love,

Dad

This is a completely legit, legally binding document.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 10

Probably an UO, but I liked the dynamic between Maya and Caroline yesterday. Considering that they both started as syrupy Disney princesses, I like that they've been given some dimension. However, I do wish they would dial back the dollar signs in Maya's eyes. She didn't really care about Rick's money during their first go-round, so it shouldn't be an all-consuming issue for her now. Then, neither she nor Caroline would be all villain or all heroine.

• Love 9

KKL is a team player, that's why she's been front burner, on and off, for 25 plus years, so I'm sure the writing team knew about her upcoming absence.  However, I'm sure they were blown away by KM's decision to depart, I can only imagine the scrambling in the writers' room to fill those gaps.

From what little I saw of Hope/Liam/Wyatt, they should thank KM for leaving before their writing muscles completely atrophied.  

• Love 4

Probably an UO, but I liked the dynamic between Maya and Caroline yesterday. Considering that they both started as syrupy Disney princesses, I like that they've been given some dimension. However, I do wish they would dial back the dollar signs in Maya's eyes. She didn't really care about Rick's money during their first go-round, so it shouldn't be an all-consuming issue for her now. Then, neither she nor Caroline would be all villain or all heroine.

ICAM. The "golddigging" Maya came right out of left field, in fact so left field I don't even think it's the same game. They really need to drop that, if they wanted character depth in a way that made sense they could keep up the matriarch stuff as given Maya's background her wanting to be an important part of a huge and imposing family like the Forresters would make sense.

Nicole Walker-Dimera has a similar story on DOOL, where she had a shitty childhood and not much family and wanted more than anything to be part of loyal family so when the DiMera's came knocking she was happy to play matriarch. They should head in that direction with Maya because it's clear that she loves Rick, this whole money-loving stuff is weird and random and doesn't really play into the other goals that the character and the couple (Rick/Maya) clearly have.

They could have a very organic story with them both being outcasts and black sheep and since they already have the basis of love in their former relationship it wouldn't be hard to follow. It makes it weird when they have Ivy saying dumb shit like "I don't think Rick has any real feelings for her." because it undermines what Rick and Maya are doing and showing onscreen. I wish the writers would talk to each other because sometimes it seems like I'm watching two different shows in terms of character motivations or that there's only one ongoing storyline and everybody else just sits around and talks about that storyline and how that storyline affects those characters. C'mon, there's got to be a more efficient and entertaining way to deal with exposition.

Then, when Wyatt just barged in on her and Liam, she had the class to leave and not listen to what they were going to discuss about Hope.

I don't think one can assume Caroline is "what's best" for Rick. Ivy has her own blinders on as she's completely ignoring Maya and Rick's history simply because she wasn't here for it and I wouldn't call her leaving classy as much as I'd call it "Lalalalalalala" sticking her fingers in her ears about the impending trouble she's about to have because she's too busy minding other people's business. Ivy's about to get hit with a monsoon and if she thought Hope was a tidal wave she's really in for it. It actually would have been prudent of her to stay and discuss with her boyfriend his intentions towards Wyatt's wife. He never did answer her question and she had no problem letting THAT conversation slide.

This is the show where everybody is in everybody's marriage, Eric had no business blackmailing Rick into staying married to his wife (which is exactly what he did) this never would have happened had he not blackmailed his son. Who is Eric to say who Rick should be with, I guess he learned a few tricks from Stephanie. Furthermore (not like I give a damn about Caroline but) what would his daughter-in-law make of the arrangement that Rick isn't staying married to her out of free will but only because his father forced his hand. Dick move all around, he deserves what he gets IMO.

Also on a completely shallow note....what has Carter or LSV done to his face or body or whatnot because I find him absolutely gorgeous nowadays, I can't take my eyes off him. Did he shave his face or his hair or what? All I can think of is a Wingerism: "Look at me,"

Britta: I'm looking at you. Winger: "No. Look how handsome my face is." *sigh*

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 7

I'm actually not liking his shaved head. I wish he would let it grow in a little.

Yes, golddigger Maya did come out of nowhere. They need to do to her exactly what they did to Caroline. First, she was saccharine sweet, then she fell off of the balcony and became the shallow, vapid schemer, and now she's a complex character with vices AND virtues. Maya seems to be in phase 2 right now.

• Love 3
what has Carter or LSV done to his face or body

I dunno but today he had that beefy, plumped hot dog look that often comes with some kind of chemical enhancement. Of course that's a huge, unsubstantiated assumption on my part but whatever, it's not a look I find attractive.

Could anyone explain what Caroline hoped to accomplish by filling Ridge in on the status of her sex life with Rick? What's he supposed to do with the information, go confront Rick and tell him to start doing his wife or else? The audience knows that Ridge'll probably use the info to figure out that Rick is just playing Eric but within the reality of the show it was weird, IMO. Since Ridge and Caroline are supposed to be staying away from that kind of closeness, you'd think Caroline would limit such disclosures to people she hasn't been falsely accused of having an affair with.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

So, then, Rick's new MO is to just move into which ever parent's house is available? I am a tad bit confused though; so daddy signs the "papers" tomorrow, but I didn't hear Eric say he was leaving tomorrow. Does that mean Rick and Maya are moving in and kicking Eric out too? Rick should really man up and get his own digs instead of camping out in his parent's houses, or guest houses. Not like the little whiner can't afford it.

Eric, Eric, Eric, the fact that you appointed Rick CEO is a vote of confidence. This is just another example of Eric's inability to stand firm with Rick, and perfectly illustrates why Rick is the way he is.

If I am understanding correctly, Rick will be the Temporary Irrevocable CEO? Does that even make sense? Does that mean that Eric only temporairily has faith and confidence in Rick?

Caroline, you are the best, but you really, really need to buy a vowel. Rick pulled this same crap the first time around. Please sweetie, kick this loser to the curb and go get with a real man. A man who is so besotted with you that he is daydreaming about you. A man who could show you how the grown ups do it.

I don't think there is any doubt Eric is going to sign on the dotted line, and I find myself so looking forward to Maya and Rick "moving on up", well, Maya anyway. I hope they come in kicking and screaming, putting family members in the street, wreaking havoc at Forrester, and generally making everyone not directly involved with their little plot miserable. That way, when it all comes to a screeching halt, their entire bodies will crack.

They should head in that direction with Maya because it's clear that she loves Rick, this whole money-loving stuff is weird and random and doesn't really play into the other goals that the character and the couple (Rick/Maya) clearly have.

I disagree. I don't think Maya loves Rick from day one. When she started sniffing around him again, her words were not that she loved Rick, her words were about missing her shot at the title, and the Forrester lifestyle. The only goals I have ever heard Rick and Maya talking about, whether individually or together, involve giving Caroline and Ridge the business, and anyone else who "doesn't have Rick's back". So I think it all fits together perfectly.

Spoilers;

Eric panics and enlists the assistance of Ridge and Carter to see if there are any loopholes in Rick's contract.

Ivy lashes out at Rick, and makes a new enemy.

Bill discovers another child.

Steffy returns and assists with the issues at FC's. (Hopefully she will give Bill her shares, so between Bill and Ridge they will be the majority shareholders)

Rick and Maya move into the Forrester Manse and kick Ivy, Ally and Caroline out.

I think it would be great if Stephanie's portrait and The Creepy Floating Darla Head of Wisdom teamed up to tag team Rick and Maya, and Gaslight the hell out of them. Let's see; Steph could take the downstairs, and Darla Floaty Head could cover the upstairs; sort of like a zone defense in football. It would be a lot easier for Darla to just zip on in the shower with one of them, than it would be for Stephanie to lug that portrait up there.

Could anyone explain what Caroline hoped to accomplish by filling Ridge in on the status of her sex life with Rick? What's he supposed to do with the information, go confront Rick and tell him to start doing his wife or else? The audience knows that Ridge'll probably use the info to figure out that Rick is just playing Eric but within the reality of the show it was weird, IMO. Since Ridge and Caroline are supposed to be staying away from that kind of closeness, you'd think Caroline would limit such disclosures to people she hasn't been falsely accused of having an affair with.

I totally agree here; of course we know the conversation was needed to futher the plot, but I would have rather had Caroline talking to Ivy or Ally about her concerns and Ridge overhearing.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

Didn't Quinn dislike Hope initially? She only started warming up to her when Hope chose Q.A.J. for the H.F.T.F. contract.

That's exactly what happened. She rightfully chewed Hope's ass out over digging into Wyatt' paternity in her usual self absorbed way and didn't want Wyatt to be associated with Hope's scandals. It was refreshing to see someone be genuinely sick of her for some reason other than being a Logan or in Bill's case, not Steffy.

So it was a huge WTF moment when Quinn sane was all Single White Female over her getting with the Ostrich.

• Love 5

As inappropriate as it was for Caroline to spill to Ridge about her and Rick's non intimacy, TK's reactions were kind of priceless. He played Ridge as completely befuddled that Rick wasn't bedding Caroline as soon as she came through the door at home. You could practically see the internal dialogue in thought bubbles over his head when Caroline was saying Rick wouldn't touch her being ' You mean to tell me that while I'm sitting on my hands trying not to throw you across this desk, that twerp won't give you the time of day?! That's some BS!'

Throwing Caroline and Ivy out I get, but throwing Aly out of her own home is foul. She's been nothing but loving towards her Uncle Rick and now he's being as much a tyrannical prick as he's accused Ridge of being. On the upside, Caroline, Aly, and Ivy getting their own house and scheming to help Ridge and Carter overthrow Maya and Rick could be cute. Although I suspect Ivy will move in with Liam, Caroline stays in her house in the estate, and Aly goes....to Wyatt's house? Doubt she'd move in with Oliver this early or take Maya's den of evil so maybe she moves in with Caroline for a bit.

And count me in for the Carter/Ridge/Caroline triangle, LOL.

Props to Liam for giving support to Wyatt and reminding him that he's been in Wyatt's position before and knows what he's going through.

No cookie for Quinn from me with her mentioning that Wyatt needs to get to Hope before Liam. As far as she's come she still eyes him as someone to beat when if she's truly being insightful and reflective, she'd admit that she's obsessively targeted and antagonized as the enemy to the point of nearly killing him and realizes that the bulk of their issues are all her doing. If she's still seeing him as a threat to her son then she's got a long way to go as far as being right in the head.

• Love 5

Bill discovers another child? WTF? That man was spraying his seed back in the day!

Myrna and Pencil Dick disgust me. I wish someone with a telephoto lens would video them in their tub o' nasty and send it to TMZ.

Wow, Carter looks like the Incredible Hulk! Eww.

• Love 4

Ivy is the prettiest.

Liam needs to be quirkier, needs an outstanding fault getting him into trouble.

Carter is trending.

Alli needs something to do. 

Darla-head has been missing for awhile, where is it zooming?

Wyatt needs to smile again. 

Deacon has been hopelessly sane, decent, kind and wise lately, so un-Deaconlike.  C'mon. 

Bill is the most virile thing around, and the funest.

Pam is always welcome. 

And so is Eric. 

Edited by Unwarranted
  • Love 3

I didn't notice anything different looking with Carter. Although, I did notice he had another shirtless erotic scene in front of Ridge while working out. I wish those two would just get a room and get it over with. Oh, wait! Brad Bell doesn't do gay on B&B.

• Love 3

I am a bit confused about this whole CEO/contract thing.  If Eric signs it and then everyone finds out Rick wants to dump Caroline and has been playing them, does it really make a difference in terms of him being CEO?  In the sense that Rick's capabilities / qualifications haven't changed.  If Eric honestly thinks Rick can't be CEO without being married to Caroline it seems criminally stupid to appoint him CEO.  B&B marriages are never really long lasting at the best of times.  Heck what if Caroline died or fell out of a helicopter and couldn't draw anymore?  Would Eric just play musical chairs CEO amongst his kids depending on his mood, their marital status, and what the the daily horoscope says?

Also, I know there was that fashion show thing a few months back but I am assuming Rick doesn't actually want to tank Forrestor now because..well...failed companies don't need CEOs.  So is Rick planning to fire Caroline and Ridge or does he want them to stay?  Because if he's planning to fire them then he would need new designers and I can't remember him and Maya talking about that (although everything does blur together lol).   So IDK, if Rick wants Forrestor to succeed and isn't trying to get rid of Ridge and Caroline, I'm not really sure what is so devastating about this contract debacle in the short term.

And Rick, if his deal depends on Eric renewing the CEO thing in one year isn't sandbagging Eric a bad idea?  This whole contract thing is just too confusing and doesn't seem to make any sense.

ETA: I'm also really confused about what we are supposed to think the deal is with Rick and Maya.  One day it seems like the writers are suggesting Rick is only with her on the rebound, and then the next day it seems like maybe he loves her.

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 11

I am a bit confused about this whole CEO/contract thing.  If Eric signs it and then everyone finds out Rick wants to dump Caroline and has been playing them, does it really make a difference in terms of him being CEO?  In the sense that Rick's capabilities / qualifications haven't changed.  If Eric honestly thinks Rick can't be CEO without being married to Caroline it seems criminally stupid to appoint him CEO.  B&B marriages are never really long lasting at the best of times.  Heck what if Caroline died or fell out of a helicopter and couldn't draw anymore?  Would Eric just play musical chairs CEO amongst his kids depending on his mood, their marital status, and what the the daily horoscope says?

Also, I know there was that fashion show thing a few months back but I am assuming Rick doesn't actually want to tank Forrestor now because..well...failed companies don't need CEOs.  So is Rick planning to fire Caroline and Ridge or does he want them to stay?  Because if he's planning to fire them then he would need new designers and I can't remember him and Maya talking about that (although everything does blur together lol).   So IDK, if Rick wants Forrestor to succeed and isn't trying to get rid of Ridge and Caroline, I'm not really sure what is so devastating about this contract debacle in the short term.

There are many and varied plot holes in this s/l. Starting with Eric insisting Little PRicky stay married to Caroline in order to remain CEO. PRick and Maya don't seem to want to fire Caroline, they want her around to humiliate, not so sure about Ridge. Firing Ridge would be beyond stupid but I would put that past PRick, he is not smart on his best day. He gets that honest because Eric is being to stupid to be trusted tie his own shoes.

• Love 7

I was with you until you started slobbing over Carter, slayer2 :-)

Hahaha I've been possessed. I'm not sure what's happening. Help!

Happy New Year and best wishes to you too Snaporaz !

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

And Rick, if his deal depends on Eric renewing the CEO thing in one year isn't sandbagging Eric a bad idea?  This whole contract thing is just too confusing and doesn't seem to make any sense.

ETA: I'm also really confused about what we are supposed to think the deal is with Rick and Maya.  One day it seems like the writers are suggesting Rick is only with her on the rebound, and then the next day it seems like maybe he loves her.

I don't think that he thinks Rick can't be CEO without Caroline, it's that he has so romanticized this notion of a designer/business-minded power couple running Forrester, coupled with the fact that he (thinks he) sees Rick making the same mistakes he made that he's putting these stipulations on Rick for his own good.

I also don't think that Rick wants to fire Caroline and Ridge (I mean, he probably does just because he's pissed at them, but it's not an all encompassing desire), but he wants to be able to fire them so that they know who's in charge.  He knows that there's no way Eric would let him fire...anyone, basically.  We see what happened when he tried to "fire" Maya.

Rick and Maya is a combination of both, I think.  I do think that Rick is rebounding, but I also think that it's not hard for him to imagine a satisfying life with Maya because they were in love before.  Their break-up was not his idea and he attempted to get her back, even while he was still with Caroline, and that was only a little more than a year ago.

• Love 3

Rick and Maya is a combination of both, I think. I do think that Rick is rebounding, but I also think that it's not hard for him to imagine a satisfying life with Maya because they were in love before. Their break-up was not his idea and he attempted to get her back, even while he was still with Caroline, and that was only a little more than a year ago.

This! Agreed on both counts and probably by the time his rage over Caroline/Ridge subsides theirs will be just building up.

I could see Bell toying with this dynamic in one form or another for the entire year, especially if the recast Hope flops.

Edited by slayer2

I don't understand why Whiny Rick thinks that being irrevocable CEO will entitle him to live in Eric's house and kick out Ivy and Ali, not to mention Caroline from the guest house.

The house belongs to Eric, not FC.  And living in it isn't a perk of being CEO.  So while Rick can lord it over everyone at work, he has absolutely no right to move into the main house.

I can envision Eric's reaction when he finds out about Little Ricky's scheme.  Maybe he'll kick Rick out of the house and let Ridge live there, since Ridge now seems to be homeless and living at the office.

• Love 4

But I thought Eric knew that PRick tried to sabotage the line by over-pricing it. (Which makes Eric all the more stupid.) So if PRick was 100% wrong about that decision then how can anyone, including himself, expect him to make even one good decision as CEO, irrevocable or not. Should he do what George Costanza did and do the opposite of every thought he has?

• Love 4

But I thought Eric knew that PRick tried to sabotage the line by over-pricing it. (Which makes Eric all the more stupid.) So if PRick was 100% wrong about that decision then how can anyone, including himself, expect him to make even one good decision as CEO, irrevocable or not.

Agreed, SweetPea , but we can't let stuff like logic and continuity get in the way of storytelling, eh? ;)

• Love 6
But I thought Eric knew that PRick tried to sabotage the line by over-pricing it.

He sure did, he cautioned Rick not to do it.

(Which makes Eric all the more stupid.)

Well, Eric has always been the worst businessman and husband.  What kind of father pits two brothers against each other, announcing the new president (or ceo or whatever) at a board meeting in front of all the board members?  Eric is one character that is written consistently.

• Love 7

Eric is a complete arse and he deserves to be dipped by Rick. So does Caroline. If your husband's not fucking you, something's up, you dozy cow. Especially when he's telling everyone that everything's lovely. And seriously, Eric, how do you think a company can be properly run without checks and balances? What a fool.

That said, can't wait till Monday!

• Love 7

Happy New Year everyone! I can't wait to see what 2015 holds for us! 

szH8jEfl.jpg

This catbunny is stupid cute! I hope we all have a Hoppy New Year too! (ahem sorry)

Dozy cow. I am soooo stealing this expression. Awesome.

I think that Carter and Justin should ditch the "Toxic Twosome" (Ridge and $Bill) and establish their own corrupt corporate law firm.

Speaking as someone who would listen to Justin read the phonebook, I am totally down for this suggestion.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Barber & Walton
                                                                                  Attorneys At Law

Specializing in Corporate Law ~ Helicopter Rides ~ Shirtless Consultations

Offices in Los Angeles

• Love 21

Ooh, y'all.  I was so excited for today's episode and it did not disappoint.  So much stuff was packed in.  I love watching Rick's flair for the dramatic, but could you imagine if you really knew someone who did this kind of stuff?  Texting people to enter at the height of tension, waxing poetic about his partner and this telling his wife, "Oh, I wasn't talking about you, boo boo."  But it made for great soap.  I almost felt sorry for Caroline, but then I didn't.  JY can play asshole so well.  The way he turned so cold when he told Caroline what was what was masterful.

Rick's first order of business should have been to fire Carter.  I can't stand him.  If Eric was stupid enough to sign that contract, then what was Ridge going to do to stop him?  All Carter did was show his hand by doing that.  Ridge can also go somewhere, telling Maya to get out like she was a dog or a child.

Hated Maya's/Karla Mosley's hair, but she looked very luminous when Rick brought her in.  She was so elated to hear all of the things that Rick was saying about her.  I also really liked her blouse/skirt combo.  Wasn't feeling Caroline's flannel-esque shirt at first, but it grew on me.  Hated it matched with that skirt, though.

Othello is a terrible liar.  And I don't know why Ivy thought she was going to get out of confronting him.  "Caroline's my friend.  I know Rick and Maya are your friends, but if your friends are going to do something to hurt my friend, I need you to betray them so I can get the heads up."  Oh, OK.  Let me know how that works out.

• Love 9
I almost felt sorry for Caroline, but then I didn't.

Me either. She made her bed by not being honest with Eric about the state of her and Rick's marriage. She really needs to stop letting Eric and Rick and Ridge treat her like a human chess piece. What's she gotten out it? A bit fat nothing.

"Caroline's my friend.  I know Rick and Maya are your friends, but if your friends are going to do something to hurt my friend, I need you to betray them so I can get the heads up."  Oh, OK.  Let me know how that works out.

Yeah, Ivy may be too earnest for her own good. I'm glad she didn't bum rush the meeting the way Maya tried to but if she knows some dirt is being done she should either speak up or go sit down somewhere.

So can anyone just walk into FC and start wandering the halls? It's a wonder they're still is business.

Meanwhile, can't that "irrevocable" contract be nullified since it was signed under false pretenses? Eric is such an idiot. Loved that "you muhfukken old fool" look Ridge gave Eric when Rick made his big announcement. Whatever, FC should be the laughing stock of the industry since so many of its management decisions seem to be made based on who's sleeping with whom.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9

I would like Monday's episode to entirely consist of Ridge telling Eric "I told you so." Rick has entered a stratosphere of asshole that I thought only Nick Newman of Y&R occupied. I don't care about what Ridge and Caroline did to him at this point; regardless of that, he's too immature and insecure to run a hot dog stand, let alone a major fashion house. Once his machinations get out, as we know they will, which of his employees will trust him? Carter should be fired for general incompetence, as he should have fought Eric signing the papers much more fiercely. He probably wouldn't have succeeded, since Eric apparently has the business savvy of a doorknob, but tattling to Ridge wasn't an effective way to handle this clusterfuck.

Fingers crossed, I'm just grateful that Caroline didn't have a baby with Rick. Pro-tip: if your husband won't have sex with you, there might be a problem. Maybe she caught a 24 hour stupid from Eric.

I ain't mad at Maya. I found it refreshing when she said she knew what she wanted and was open about it. I think it's very true. I don't think she should say the same about Rick though. Some people might call Maya a gold digger,  but I think it's Rick who is a grasping little toad. The smug entitlement wafts off him like a teenager's Axe body spray and both are equally sickening.

• Love 12

I don't always agree with you, NinjaPenguins, but your turn of a phrase is both masterful and hilarious, and I find myself nodding my head...in agreement.  What kind of Jedi voodoo do you possess?