Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Thank-you. I love reading all the different opinions here and getting a new angle on some story or couple or character. It's a nice departure from boards full of OMFG HOPE N LIAM 4 EVAH! or soap mags with their insipid praise of practically everything on screen.

Jedi voodoo? Nay. I think I'm just punchy from insomnia.

• Love 3

I hope Caroline takes this as the opportunity to be with Ridge without feeling any guilt.  "You've been sleeping with Maya and planning this for weeks?  OK, you're welcome to her.  Let's go, Ridge." 

• Love 13

I would like Monday's episode to entirely consist of Ridge telling Eric "I told you so." Rick has entered a stratosphere of asshole that I thought only Nick Newman of Y&R occupied.

Agreed but i think the difference between Nick and Rick is that Rick at least owns what he is doing. He's been pretty consistent in saying this was all about Caroline's "betrayal". It's a childish, overreaction but it makes sense to me. We also haven't been watching him get propped by other characters on canvas. They took a character that was pretty lovable last year (most of what happened after he and Caroline finally got engaged) and have turned him into an egomaniac. Yet, I find it enjoyable because he's clearly being emotional and selfish, other characters are calling him out on it, and eventually he'll end up regretting all of this. He's a train wreck right now but i think thats the writer's point.

I think it says a lot about how skilled the writers are here vs Y&R. Nick does hurtful things for selfish reasons, never feels punishment and gets propped by most of the characters on the show. I have no doubt that once this is all said and done, Rick will get a comeuppance and he'll be repentant.

• Love 6

Why would Rick trust a person who didn't respect the sanctity of his marriage to then respect his position as CEO?  Ridge is a giant turd and is in no position to criticize anyone for being less than truthful or taking advantage of someone else.  Since he's come back, those 2 things seem to be his main character descriptions.  I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Eric because his asinine decision to force Rick to stay in a marriage he no longer wanted is at the root of this debacle.  I also don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Caroline because she didn't have enough of a spine to admit she still had feelings for Ridge.  Feeling guilty isn't a reason to stay married, nor is it a reason to have a child.  She should recognize that she should've ended that marriage already, but there will probably be a whole production (complete with tears and "how could you?" B.S.) on her part before getting to that stage.

Rick may very well alienate everyone and run the company into the ground, but don't expect me to cue the violins for anyone involved.  They all suck.  The only difference is it took Rick a little bit longer to get there.

• Love 4

Ooh, y'all.  I was so excited for today's episode and it did not disappoint.  So much stuff was packed in.  I love watching Rick's flair for the dramatic, but could you imagine if you really knew someone who did this kind of stuff?  Texting people to enter at the height of tension, waxing poetic about his partner and this telling his wife, "Oh, I wasn't talking about you, boo boo."  But it made for great soap.  I almost felt sorry for Caroline, but then I didn't.  JY can play asshole so well.  The way he turned so cold when he told Caroline what was what was masterful.

Eeeek! I'm so excited! I wish I had a gif of when Cher got so excited over her date with Justin (in Clueless) that her whole face turned pink. I can't wait until it's uploaded on youtube so I can watch. We're still a day behind here in Canada for some stupid, evil reason (probably the same evil reason we don't get Arrow or Smallville on Netflix). I did catch a clip that CBS uploaded on youtube though of Rick outing them...yaaaay!!

On a shallow note Caroline is rocking that lipstick. Finding the perfect red is no joke, I've been searching my whole life and still haven't found it. I can't give her a pass on the flannel though. As a Canadian it's par for the course but for a high end fashion designer in LA it's more than a little off, ah well...the lipstick, the perfect red lipstick.

Karla Mosley looking gorgeous as usual, I love her ability to go from demure and hopeful to all out catty in two seconds flat, it reminds me of AS's Sami Brady, ah how I love my troublemakers.

ETA: Also, what nasir jones said. In the words of Friar Laurence " All are punish-ed." The Forresters are a Shakesperean tragedy waiting to happen if ever I saw one. Or, one might say a Comedy of Errors.

Rick will get a comeuppance and he'll be repentant.

I don't think he'll be repentant. I wouldn't be. Caroline is in love with Ridge, that's a fact. What's there to be repentant about? Lying to his father? Perhaps, but the lie was only orchestrated so that he could have his own agency in regards to whom he will and won't be romantically involved with. The Forresters need to learn to stop meddling in other people's affairs. Eric did the same stupid shit when he cut Thorne off for dating Brooke. Let adults deal with their relationship problems on their own, if Rick had the choice he would still have been CEO and him and Caroline would have been over. There's nothing for him to regret except maybe, trying to tank the line that Caroline and Ridge created which ultimately begat this situation.

Rick was duplicitous in the way he went about it but duplicity is nothing new to Eric he was married to Stephanie (the woman whose duplicity got Brooke raped), so it's a small infraction comparatively.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I don't think he'll be repentant. I wouldn't be. Caroline is in love with Ridge, that's a fact. What's there to be repentant about? Lying to his father? 

Yeah maybe repentant is too strong of a word. I think, from a business standpoint, he'll end up regretting how he went about this. I have a hard time seeing how Ridge and Caroline are just going to shut up and go along with Rick and Maya as their bosses after this. They aren't legally bound to work there. Most of the FC success as of late has hinged on Caroline being involved. If she leaves (or is depressed/embarrassed/vengeful etc) FC won't be as successful. I think Rick will have regrets at that point. But hell, maybe Maya will end up as more than just a Lead Model™ and can design as well. lol

Could Rick have achieved the same goal (total control of FC) while being straight up/honest with Eric about the state of his marriage? I don't think Eric will ever stop meddling in his sons relationships. Maybe thats just how crazy ridiculous this family will always be and this was the only way for Rick to get this done.

Are Ivy and Liam having sex yet? I guess its none of my business really, but its a soap. Whats going on there? lol

Edited by luvlee2003
Are Ivy and Liam having sex yet? I guess its none of my business really, but its a soap. Whats going on there? lol

Heh, yeah they should already have a kid and a couple of divorces by now in soap reality.

I kind of like that Ivy is secure enough in herself not to try to use her body to make Liam "love" her or forget Hope. She knows Liam is sort of on the rebound. I think it's a good sign of self-respect not to serve herself up as a consolation prize.

Ivy's a brunette but thankfully she isn't Steffy 2.0. I just hope we're not going to find out that she's a virgin because Liam already went through that drama with Hope.

• Love 2

Ooh, y'all. I was so excited for today's episode and it did not disappoint. So much stuff was packed in. I love watching Rick's flair for the dramatic, but could you imagine if you really knew someone who did this kind of stuff? Texting people to enter at the height of tension, waxing poetic about his partner and this telling his wife, "Oh, I wasn't talking about you, boo boo." But it made for great soap. I almost felt sorry for Caroline, but then I didn't. JY can play asshole so well. The way he turned so cold when he told Caroline what was what was masterful.

Now THAT'S how you do a Friday cliffhanger! This storyline is clicking on all cylinders, and I can hardly wait to see what the Littlest Dictator does on Monday. And it should be good, cause didja hear he's CEO? Now with irrevocable powers for a year!

Oh, Rigde? You now have carte blanche to smell (or pull) Caroline's hair. Have at it.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 11

I hope Caroline takes this as the opportunity to be with Ridge without feeling any guilt.  "You've been sleeping with Maya and planning this for weeks?  OK, you're welcome to her.  Let's go, Ridge."

Smell her hair, Ridge - smell her hair hard.

(although, strangely enough I've hated the way TPTB have overstyled Sweet Caroline's (ba ba ba) hair lately.)

• Love 8

Smell her hair, Ridge - smell her hair hard.

(although, strangely enough I've hated the way TPTB have overstyled Sweet Caroline's (ba ba ba) hair lately.)

I figure it's uptight "I haven't been getting any and nobody has smelled my hair in ages" hair she's sporting.  

• Love 7

TK still looks dirty with shorter hair. He just never looks clean. That said, I did like how caught on (a little too late though) and, it didn't strech out for months. Maybe, Eric Weill feign. A heart attack to make Rick feel guilty. I can understand Rick hating Ridge ( don't we all?!) but he's being really duplicitous with Eric. Of course, Eric has treated Thorne like yesterday's trash for years. Maybe, Eric deserves it.

• Love 2

Belated happy 2015 everyone! Funny how I was the first to enter the new year but last to pass on salutations. Hope it's off to a better start for you guys than it is for us, we've got a catastrophic bushfire on the city fringe where I am and some of our relatives in the area are preparing to be evacuated. I'm catching up on Bold to pass the time between news updates - all I've got to say is, wow. That last five minutes or so was fantastic and made up for the blah blah blah of the last few episodes for mine. As much as I'm disappointed that Eric elevated stupidity to new heights by signing "the papers" (I knew it was coming, but still),  I'm just as excited to see the fall out next week. I hope he goes away with Fred Willard and takes a good hard look at himself for being so blind. Could this disastrous decision be the catalyst for a little introspection? I hope so; but the saying "can't teach an old dog new tricks" is a saying for a reason, and I ain't holding my breath.

• Love 4

TK still looks dirty with shorter hair. He just never looks clean. 

Actually, I don't mind him looking "dirty," because as far as I'm concerned I could just lick him clean. I'm just saying. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 11

What I would like to see is everyone leave FC and start their own design house, leaving Rick with nothing----no designers, no fashion lines, no models except for the "lead model" and maybe Quinn. Eric and Co would pound Dickster into the ground.

• Love 8

I think it would be great if Stephanie's portrait and The Creepy Floating Darla Head of Wisdom teamed up to tag team Rick and Maya, and Gaslight the hell out of them. Let's see; Steph could take the downstairs, and Darla Floaty Head could cover the upstairs; sort of like a zone defense in football. It would be a lot easier for Darla to just zip on in the shower with one of them, than it would be for Stephanie to lug that portrait up there.

LOVE it!  We need a new "Dark Shadows."

• Love 4

Belated happy 2015 everyone! Funny how I was the first to enter the new year but last to pass on salutations. Hope it's off to a better start for you guys than it is for us, we've got a catastrophic bushfire on the city fringe where I am and some of our relatives in the area are preparing to be evacuated. I'm catching up on Bold to pass the time between news updates - all I've got to say is, wow. That last five minutes or so was fantastic and made up for the blah blah blah of the last few episodes for mine. As much as I'm disappointed that Eric elevated stupidity to new heights by signing "the papers" (I knew it was coming, but still),  I'm just as excited to see the fall out next week. I hope he goes away with Fred Willard and takes a good hard look at himself for being so blind. Could this disastrous decision be the catalyst for a little introspection? I hope so; but the saying "can't teach an old dog new tricks" is a saying for a reason, and I ain't holding my breath.

I hope all of your family members are safe!

• Love 4

Hope it's off to a better start for you guys than it is for us, we've got a catastrophic bushfire on the city fringe where I am and some of our relatives in the area are preparing to be evacuated.

That's terrible, I hope you're all okay!

• Love 4

Nope, not me, not with Ridge 2.0. He's pure lust in a bottle for me.

Shira, like this x 1000! Lust in a bottle, LOVE. it! I could just drink him UP! 

Let's just say that when it comes to "Ridge 2.0," I have an "INSATIABLE THIRST." I'm just saying. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 6

OH, that was so good! They have really gone the extra mile here to establish everyone's playing field. I don't know what I liked better, Rick's build up, Carolne's build up, Eric's look of "what the fuck?", Ridge's slow turn and look of "now you've done it", or Maya's smugness. What I absolutely love most though, is this gives Ridge and Caroline the green light, and will go a very long way in establishing Caroline as the show's romantic heroine. After this humilation, I can see all the men in her life (sans Rick of course) rallying around her; Katie, Ivy and Ally as well.

I have wanted B&B to introduce a rival fashion house for years, and everytime they have tried, it has fallen flat for me. Nothing they have done has touched on the greatness, and magic of Forrester vs Spectra. This dynamic though, could set up a believable rivalry, and a future of fashion wars like no other. Ridge and Caroline would start their own design house, with whatever FC's employees are done with the tyranny in tow. Rick and Maya could stay behind and run FC's with whatever FC's employee's are left. Maybe Maya's younger sister will be a designer? Maybe Rick could call in favors to his old pal Amber; come to think about it, Amber and Maya would be an interesting dynamic. Eric could always step in and design until they could find someone competent enough to fill Ridge's shoes. Brooke would undoubtedly side with Rick, and stay to help him run FC's, pitting her against Ridge. And the best part would be watching Rick squirm, as Caroline and Ridge move forward with their lives, in love, and happy together running their own design house. No more looking over his shoulder for Ridge, because he doesn't employ any whiny little brat brothers. No more groveling for Caroline, because she is with a man who is totally devoted to her, completely besotted with her. Rick would be left with a floundering fashion house, although I am sure that would be short lived. No doubt though, it would cause a tidal wave of panic for Maya, as she would still have to wait to assume Stephanie's Mantle. 

I absolutely believe Rick will be sorry down the road; the one thing that never changes about revenge is once the person achieves it, then they have to face the resulting damage. If Rick was only gunning for Caroline, who really is the only person he should have a problem with, then I wouldn't have so many issues with him wanting some payback. But this is classic Rick; his feelings got hurt, so everyone has to pay. So, now, he has betrayed his father. He will hurt and offend Ally, who has been nothing but loving to her uncle Rick. He will hurt Ivy. He will hurt FC's by making Ridge and Caroline's working life hell, and by extension, his uncle Thorne, his aunts Kristen and Felicia, his sister Bridget, his aunt Pam, his aunt Donna, and anyone else who works at FC's. For Rick though, the biggest factor will be how hollow and empty his victory is. He is still in love with his wife, if he wasn't, then thinking of Ridge touching her wouldn't bother him. If Caroline does move on with Ridge, then he will have to watch them. If she doesn't, and moves on with someone else, then he will still have to watch them, although the impact would not be nearly as great as her and Ridge. Or, Caroline could stay single, and I think eventually, once Rick has completely spent his anger, he would start sniffing around Caroline again. Hopefully, she would firmly put him in his place.

Who the hell was Gordon, though?  Someone who worked on the show?

Yesssss.....who was Gordon? And what was that totally random scene about?

I can understand Rick hating Ridge ( don't we all?!)

I used to, I really did. And A LOT. It was a combination of the way the character was written, and Ronn Moss's portrayal. And I couldn't stand Thorsten Kaye when he first arrived. I hated him with Brooke. I hated him with Katie. I hated how he picked up right where the old Ridge left off, interfering in Brooke's fucking love life. Then, THEN, they let him put his hand on Caroline's. Then, THEN, they let Ridge smell her hair. Then, THEN, they let Ridge and Caroline engage in some of the hottest hottness I have seen on this show in years. Then, THEN, they let Ridge change into someone I don't recognize, someone who want's what is best for someone else, someone who is so besotted with a woman that he is daydreaming about her and has to sit on his hands, or shove them in his pockets, to keep from touching her.

So....

Nope, not me, not with Ridge 2.0. He's pure lust in a bottle for me. I'd group him in the gravelly-voiced-scruffy-faced-super-hot Euro-guys (along with the likes of Clive Owen and Gerard Butler) who look like, at any moment, they could toss you on the couch and blissfully ravage you.

This sums up my feelings pretty well.

St3phforrester, I will have you and your community in my prayers; please keep us updated and let us know that you are ok!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12

I think it says a lot about how skilled the writers are here vs Y&R. Nick does hurtful things for selfish reasons, never feels punishment and gets propped by most of the characters on the show.

I agree, especially re: writer's skill. I haven't enjoyed an episode of Y&R as much as I enjoyed Friday's B&B in a looong time.

You go, Caroline. Ride Ridge like he's the last train out of town during a zombie apocalypse. Rick can gum a pacifier in his CEO playpen while Maya heats up his bottle.

Rick is the one who begged and pleaded with her to give him another chance--when any real man worth his salt would have (1) told his daddy to fuck off and butt out of his personal life after the assenine CEO threats and 2) annulled his marriage to Caroline, telling her the truth that he could never get over what she did to him (which would be fair enough). But no, he's been a whiny, lying, spineless, conniving little brat instead.

This encapsulates so much of what makes me loathe Rick. As Ridge said, little brother had a temper tantrum. And Rick doesn't want to lead or encourage teamwork. He wants to rule Forrester with an iron fist and use his absolute power to tweak Ridge and Caroline. A good leader is willing to listen to constructive criticism and hold his ego in check for the good of the company. Rick wants to make all the decisions and if anyone disagrees, he can now do the equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears and singing "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Maya might be his "partner," but I bet she'll have to be a yes-woman if she wants to keep that position.

• Love 12

I have no doubt that once this is all said and done, Rick will get a comeuppance and he'll be repentant.

I'm sure this is exactly what will happen, but I kind of hope not.  I think about a character like Maya...she started off with an edge & many of us suspected that, when she was looking for her daughter, she may have become unhinged; after that, she got a little sickeningly sweet.  Now, Maya is being written with an edge, KM seems to be enjoying her storyline, and I'm finally finding her interesting, and finding myself wondering how much of what she's doing actually is because she loves Rick.  I never was a fan of the soap villain, but I do like moral ambiguity in some soap characters.  I really am not enjoying the pussifying of Deacon.  Anyway, my point is, I don't want Rick to learn his lesson and become nice, I'd like to see him as a bit of an adversary.

• Love 8

I loved your whole post Runthetable but they have to stay at FC so PRick can watch them and seethe, that's what makes this so fun. They won't abandon FC to PRick's temper and tart. Caroline isn't pissed off enough, yet but I think she will be soon. She won't move on Ridge yet because she knows that's a deal breaker and she is still hoping to get the little worm back. PRick and Caro are not done hurting each other, I can see her taking comfort from someone safe while PRick goes ballistic and hurts her even more, then she realizes they are done and goes for Ridge, he'll be waiting to smell that hair...

Maya will figure out that she is being used but won't care as long as she's getting hers, unless she does want PRick which I don't really believe, we will see.

All in all, this is so much better than the Hopeless Triangle of Doom and Gloom.

• Love 7

Brooke would undoubtedly side with Rick, and stay to help him run FC's, pitting her against Ridge.

Isn't there a rumor that Brooke is going to have a meaty new storyline?  For that reason, I'm not so sure she's going to side with Rick.  I think she'd be expected to, but it would be a lot more interesting to see the dynamic that would result in her not siding with the whiny little pain in the ass.

Maya might be his "partner," but I bet she'll have to be a yes-woman if she wants to keep that position.

Excellent point! Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
You go, Caroline. Ride Ridge like he's the last train out of town during a zombie apocalypse. Rick can gum a pacifier in his CEO playpen while Maya heats up his bottle.

Oh, for heavens sake NinjaPenguins! I think that is probably one of the funniest two liners I have ever read on any board.

but they have to stay at FC so PRick can watch them and seethe, that's what makes this so fun. They won't abandon FC to PRick's temper and tart. Caroline isn't pissed off enough, yet but I think she will be soon. She won't move on Ridge yet because she knows that's a deal breaker and she is still hoping to get the little worm back. PRick and Caro are not done hurting each other, I can see her taking comfort from someone safe while PRick goes ballistic and hurts her even more, then she realizes they are done and goes for Ridge, he'll be waiting to smell that hair...

Maya will figure out that she is being used but won't care as long as she's getting hers, unless she does want PRick which I don't really believe, we will see.

All in all, this is so much better than the Hopeless Triangle of Doom and Gloom.

Yes, of course, you are undoubetly right, but I just can't see Ridge and Caroline rolling over and playing dead for a year. I mean, everyone has their limits, and their breaking points.

Isn't there a rumor that Brooke is going to have a meaty new storyline?  For that reason, I'm not so sure she's going to side with Rick.  I think she'd be expected to, but it would be a lot more interesting to see the dynamic that would result in her not siding with the whiny little pain in the ass.

And I was thinking the change would be her finally being done with Ridge, and turning on him on a professional level as well. But your scenario sounds far more likely. Maybe Brooke supports Ridge and Eric supports Rick, driving a wedge between Brooke and Eric? Hmmmm.........

RuntheTable I don't want anybody rallying around Caroline any more than they should especially Katie. Katie is Rick's aunt not to mention that Caroline was macking on HER fiance. It's a little ridiculous to blame it all on Ridge and herself (Katie) her loyalties should be with her family.

I also don't think Caroline is a romantic heroine at all. I don't see it, I think you might because as you mentioned you're a CarRidge (?) fan so it gives you the wiggle room to make certain allowances but as someone who doesn't ship them or find TK at all attractive (same as you felt before Caroline) all I see is the same asshole Ridge who just takes what he wants and damn the consequences. I think when Brooke comes home they'll be hell to pay.

IMO Rick initially acted inappropriately, tanking the line but his "spoiled child" behaviour being called out by the manchild of all man children, the same "man" who punched out Bill at his wedding and grabbed Brooke and ran, is all a little rich to me.

I just want a balanced story, Caroline's behaved like an absolute asshole for the better part of a year. Maya only recently started behaving like an asshole, as of now they are both assholes, which is fine, but the show should treat them both as such. I'm throwing Eric and Ridge into this asshole group as well. I don't think Rick is an asshole because he hasn't done anything truly dastardly yet, his conscience could barely handle this "scheme" and it wasn't a scheme at all really. Between the two of them Caroline definitely has colder blood. I guess they are going for a Macbeth vs Macduff story here which is exciting but I wish they'd let the ladies handle it.

Rick and Ridge should take a seat and let Maya and Caroline deal with things because the Forresters aren't exactly brain trusts. Watching Maya and Caroline match wits would be more entertaining than having the show try to convince me that 50+ Ridge could beat up 30+ Rick. But this is the same show that tried to make 50+ Brooke pregnant until KKL stepped in so.....

ETA Gosh I miss Sally Spectra/ DC RIP you fabulous woman!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

Wait, KKL had to put her foot down on that? TIIC were actually giving Brooke a child that would be younger than her grandson?

SMH.

It's terrible isn't it? When Brooke got pregnant by Bill KKL was like "Uh guys? No. My babymaking days are over" so Brooke miscarried but Bell really just has no concept of time or ovaries.

• Love 1
RuntheTable I don't want anybody rallying around Caroline any more than they should especially Katie. Katie is Rick's aunt not to mention that Caroline was macking on HER fiance. It's a little ridiculous to blame it all on Ridge and herself (Katie) her loyalties should be with her family.

But, Caroline is also her family now, since she's reuniting with Bill.  She already took Ridge's side over her nephew, so I don't see it out of the realm of possibility that she'd take the side of Bill's niece over her own nephew.  Or, this will be the new conflict she and Bill deal with - she takes her nephew's side while he takes his niece's side, and that niece happens to be the same woman her last fiance fell for. 

But, Caroline is also her family now, since she's reuniting with Bill. She already took Ridge's side over her nephew, so I don't see it out of the realm of possibility that she'd take the side of Bill's niece over her own nephew. Or, this will be the new conflict she and Bill deal with - she takes her nephew's side while he takes his niece's side, and that niece happens to be the same woman her last fiance fell for.

I think it would be a big mistake for it not to be a conflict. (I'm sure I could have worded that better) Katie hasn't a reason in the world to side with Caroline over her nephew especially given the disolution of her relationship (although if you ask me she dodged a bullet).

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Why can an hour soap like Y&R manage to film a new episode for both Christmas and New Years Day, but a half hour soap (actually a 20 minute soap after the commercials are thrown in) has to show reruns?

The other day, Carter was wearing a tight blue sweater, and all I could say was I just can't get into a man who's got bigger boobs than me. It almost looks like he's been taking estrogen for reassignment, but nevertheless he needs to work on pumping other body parts and lay off the pecs for a while.

• Love 3

Isn't there a rumor that Brooke is going to have a meaty new storyline?

I haven't missed Brooke a bit. I'm rather bummed out she's returning.

Or, this will be the new conflict she and Bill deal with - she takes her nephew's side while he takes his niece's side

I think that's the way it will go. Plus, I think it'd be more interesting than Katie and Bill having issues because of Brooke.

I do like that B&B has so much work conflict stuff. I try watching GH and Y&R but both of those shows hardly have any characters who work any more. The work stuff is far more intriguing than watching Hope trying to decide who she wants to be with day to day.

• Love 7

I also don't think Caroline is a romantic heroine at all. I don't see it, I think you might because as you mentioned you're a CarRidge (?) fan so it gives you the wiggle room to make certain allowances but as someone who doesn't ship them or find TK at all attractive (same as you felt before Caroline) all I see is the same asshole Ridge who just takes what he wants and damn the consequences. I think when Brooke comes home they'll be hell to pay.

slayer2, I enjoyed reading your post. I guess then I belong to a third camp: I don't think Caroline is a romantic heroine, and I do think that TK is devastatingly attractive. I will give you that he is an acquired TASTE (there I go again, I swear I just can't help myself), but I think he definitely knows how to bring the sexy and the heat in his scenes, no matter whether you think he's "conventionally" handsome or not, but that's JMO.

I think the reason many viewers like the pairing with Caroline is because it was the first storyline where TK was naturally allowed to generate his own heat with a co-star, as opposed to some contrived pairing they put him in with one of the show's "older" co-stars because "that's just the way it's always been" or some other bullshit, or the other contrived pairing with the five-time Emmy winner. Now, I'm not dissing KKL, but she was RM's Brooke, not TK's Brooke. And I'm not dissing HT, but I've never really seen her generate that much heat with anyone on this show, especially since she had her baby. Also, IMO, the pairing between Katie and Ridge was never meant to be long-term, but some type of "revenge pairing" that perhaps Bell thought would make it more palatable for viewers to tolerate the vomitfest known as "Brill."

But anyway, back to Caroline being a romantic heroine. I agree with the poster up here who said that Bell should have let Ridge and Caroline have a full-blown affair instead of just kissing, which I agree was completely lame. And I don't think that they should have had an illicit affair behind everyone's back, either (though that could have possibly worked too). But what I was hoping for was for the same scenario, where Ridge needed Caroline's help due to his head injury, and the two of them falling in love and deciding that they couldn't live without each other. Caroline was down--as viewers saw, she was pretty much ready to leave Rick, but Ridge kept telling her that he wasn't going to leave Katie. I believe Bell should have let Caroline win Ridge over, and get him to leave Katie for her. Now that would have been hot. Caroline would have then left Rick, and told everyone at FC that she was throwing her total support behind her new love, Ridge. Caroline and Ridge would announce that they would remain a design team, and she would announce that she was now supporting him for CEO.

All this time, everyone in Ridge's life--Eric, his siblings, and best of all Brooke, would be having fits trying to get Ridge to realize that his sudden "infatuation" for Caroline was simply another effect of his head injury from being dumped in the Persian Gulf, but Ridge and Caroline would be insisting to everyone that they were indeed very much in love--in fact, the first real time for both of them. It could have given Katie something to do--crying about how she had been deserted for another love of her life for another woman. She could have even still sent Bill after Ridge, both for breaking Katie's heart and for "taking advantage"of his precious niece, Caroline. Perhaps Caroline and Ridge could have spent years fighting Brooke to stay out of Ridge's life, and Rick out of Caroline's. Down the road, who knows? Ridge and Caroline could have even had a baby. All the while with the viewers wondering, "When will Ridge finally 'come to his senses' and go back to Brooke, or is he really, truly in love with Caroline?"

Now this is the way I would have written it, but for whatever reason Brad Bell didn't ask me, lol. I just think this way they could have told the same story, and still had their blonde Caroline as the show's new "romantic heroine." I don't know the textbook definition, but I think at least one quality is a woman who is willing to fight at all costs to be with her "true love."

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 5

Gemini, I wish whatever is happening in your head was playing out on the show. Bell may not be asking for your opinion but he should be. That's a CarRidge I could get into with the exception of Rick's involvement because I'm a Raya fan but there would be plenty of interlopers with Bill and Brooke around. Also, moving in that direction would mean Raya vs CarRidge would be reaaaally good. Also I appreciate the explanation about the new Ridge and the appeal, there's nothing more annoying than forced chemistry so I can see how you could be happy the finally let him find it organically.

I do like that B&B has so much work conflict stuff. I try watching GH and Y&R but both of those shows hardly have any characters who work any more. The work stuff is far more intriguing than watching Hope trying to decide who she wants to be with day to day.

They really don't work any more do they? Except the "labourers" or "poor people". Everyone's living a life of leisure. Must be nice.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

IMO Rick initially acted inappropriately, tanking the line but his "spoiled child" behaviour being called out by the manchild of all man children, the same "man" who punched out Bill at his wedding and grabbed Brooke and ran, is all a little rich to me.

I agree, they have ALL taken their turns at being man-children.  I guess, if I'm remembering correctly, Thorne even had his turn, but I find him to be the least offensive.  I have a novel idea, why don't they consider letting a, you know, woman run the company.  What happened to Brooke and her co-vice president (or whatever it was) title that she had with Ridge?  Did she quit off screen?  Although, I don't want to see the CEO torch keep getting passed around...how about Felicia?

• Love 2
Who the hell was Gordon, though?  Someone who worked on the show?

I can't find the tweet now (typical), but one of the official B&B twitter accounts posted a photo of this guy on his last day a few weeks ago. I think he was a cameraman or some other crew guy who had worked on the show since the start. So when Eric said "thanks for making us look good" or whatever it was he said, I think it was a real shout out.

Maybe Brooke supports Ridge and Eric supports Rick, driving a wedge between Brooke and Eric?

Thinking aloud, but how would they get Brooke to side with Ridge after his attempted coup, and after his desertion of her in favour of her sister, and over her son whom she supported before? Rick would have to do something that has her change alleigances and off the top of my head I can't come up with anything drastic enough. (Other than have Brooke return to LA with newfound inexplicable all-consuming love for Ridge, of course.) And wouldn't that event also cause Eric to change sides, if he is in the habit of following Brooke? I like the idea of Brooke vs Eric but I'm not sure how that would happen - not saying that it couldn't at all, of course.

I agree with the poster up here who said that Bell should have let Ridge and Caroline have a full-blown affair instead of just kissing, which I agree was completely lame.

I actually liked it better that it was just a kiss or two, and not a full-on extramarital sex romp. It certainly got us talking on here about the concept of fidelity, how far is too far, the significance of physical intimacy, etc., which is the kind of philosophical thinking that lights my fire when it comes to dissecting fiction. I think it also allowed the story to have a little more room to move on that front as well, whereas if it had been a straight-up PIV thing the situation would be a lot more clear cut, and there would be less ambiguity about right & wrong.

Aaand, it still leaves Ridge & Caroline to "go there", whereas if it had already happened the continuing sexual tension would have been lost.

What happened to Brooke and her co-vice president (or whatever it was) title that she had with Ridge?  Did she quit off screen?

I assumed that her posting to Milan, other than being a convenient plot device to explain KKL's absence, was so that she could CEO over there, as an extension of her vice-presidency at the main HQ in LA. I doubt it would have made much difference if she were home seeing as Ridge couldn't stop Rick's roll being in the same position.

Update on the fire front - it's still burning and will probably burn for days, but everyone in the area has been evacuated. Yesterday it was 40+ degrees (110+F) and blowing a gale, and the fire burned in all directions, but today it's cooler and the winds have died down so the firefighters can restart putting it out. Our relatives who were on alert have been allowed back home, which is good. And no people have died, which is great. A boarding kennel & cattery was unfortunately lost, some dogs either escaped or were rescued but other dogs and all of the cats perished which is really sad. Thank you for your thoughts & prayers!

• Love 10

I really am not enjoying the pussifying of Deacon.

By Tor, I'm glad to hear you say it.  This purified, pasteurized, filtered (but not non fat) Deacon loses a lot from what he could be and has been. 

Edited by Unwarranted
  • Love 5

Gemini, I wish whatever is happening in your head was playing out on the show. Bell may not be asking for your opinion but he should be. That's a CarRidge I could get into with the exception of Rick's involvement because I'm a Raya fan but there would be plenty of interlopers with Bill and Brooke around. Also, moving in that direction would mean Raya vs CarRidge would be reaaaally good. Also I appreciate the explanation about the new Ridge and the appeal, there's nothing more annoying than forced chemistry so I can see how you could be happy the finally let him find it organically.

slayer2, I am definitely a Raya shipper as well. I have no idea why I included Rick in my fan fiction for Ridge and Caroline, I guess I was just typing fast and didn't want to lose my train of thought. LOL. Of course in my "dream scenario," Rick would quickly move on with Maya with barely a second glance back at Caroline.

But I only came up with those Ridge/Caroline scenarios because the whole time I was watching, I could have sworn that it was the direction in which Bell was going to take the story based on the natural chemistry between the actors. Let Caroline and Ridge leave their respective partners for each other and naturally explore this explosive new passionate chemistry that they happened to find, and let Brooke's head naturally explode when she found out. Simple as pie.

I am also more than a little annoyed with this attempt to suddenly rewrite Caroline into some sweet, innocent perfect angel, whereas I would have preferred for the character to remain a vixen. I have no idea why Bell changed it. My pure speculation is that perhaps Bell felt that having "sweet, young blonde Caroline" leave her sweet young husband Rick for "dirty ol' man" Ridge would have portrayed her to viewers in a negative light, or scared advertisers off? I'm not sure why, because it certainly wouldn't have been anything worse than what Brooke has ever done.

My other pure speculation, or rather fear is that Bell, is now "suddenly" trying to replace one perfect, sweet young blonde heroine as the center of the show with another one. If you'll notice, this latest rewrite of Caroline coincided with Hope's exit from the show, and how they are now all of a sudden trying to "glam" Caroline up more. To me, Bell is trying to portray Caroline as some poor victim of Rick's so Ridge can come rescue her, and I don't particularly care for this "damsel in distress" angle. I worry that Bell can't help himself--that he has an almost pathological obsession with writing the "sweet, angelic perfect blonde" as the "end all, be all" for every man who crosses her path, instead of a normal woman with both qualities and flaws. 

Bell's bullshit rewrites like this almost has me not wanting Ridge and Caroline together, because I really wanted Caroline to stay a badass and own it. I wanted her to be badass over Ridge too, and  be ready to kick Brooke's and anybody else's ass who she had to in order to keep them off her man, the same way she was with Maya. But I'll be patient, and at this point I'll just take Ridge with anyone (except Carter). It is Bell's show with which to do what he wants, so I'll just have to wait and see and hope to be pleasantly surprised. I'll keep watching for TK and Raya if for no other reasons.

• Love 3

I actually liked it better that it was just a kiss or two, and not a full-on extramarital sex romp. It certainly got us talking on here about the concept of fidelity, how far is too far, the significance of physical intimacy, etc., which is the kind of philosophical thinking that lights my fire when it comes to dissecting fiction. I think it also allowed the story to have a little more room to move on that front as well, whereas if it had been a straight-up PIV thing the situation would be a lot more clear cut, and there would be less ambiguity about right & wrong.

Aaand, it still leaves Ridge & Caroline to "go there", whereas if it had already happened the continuing sexual tension would have been lost.

I agree that I liked it better that they did not have a "full-on extramarital sex romp," and I actually said that in my initial post. In my "dream scenario," they would have still waited until after they both left their partners to actually have sex. Perhaps when I said "full-blown affair instead of just kissing," I meant they definitely should be having sex by now. By "affair," I more or less meant that they would start having sex right away before they got married. A "love affair," more or less. And I meant that they definitely should have both told their respective partners by now that they wanted out. After they told their partners they wanted out, why couldn't they go ahead and have sex the next day, or that night for that matter? I don't need them to wait forever to "go there," because to me that gets boring and makes me not care. 

The writers could have just dragged the emotional affair out a little longer, and then Ridge and Caroline could have kept their honor intact by going to their respective partners and confessing that they had found their true "soulmate" in each other and wanted to be together. That time when Caroline asked Ridge, "What about us?" Ridge then should have grabbed her, kissed her, and told her, "I'm telling Katie tonight. You tell Rick."

Like I said, they could have had everyone blame Ridge's head injury as the reason for his sudden "infatuation" with Caroline, his inability to stay away from her and his reason for dumping Katie. Or, just have everyone tell him he was having a midlife crisis, hell. As for Caroline, everyone could have just blamed it on her being young and inexperienced, or needing a "father figure" from never having a daddy. I wish I could think of another soap opera couple as an example for comparison, but I know I've seen this type of storyline before where two people develop such an intense "attraction" they decide to throw all caution to the wind so they can be together, no matter what anyone else thinks about it. I'm guess I was thinking something along the lines of "Brill," but without the all the offensive parts? 

I just think that type of storyline might have worked better to portray Caroline as "the romantic heroine" type instead of this "damsel in distress" type who is waiting to be rescued from the "evil tyrant"--the same one she married because she just had to have him. That's what is making it difficult for me to view her as a "romantic heroine," because it just doesn't jibe well with the "Caroline" I know who was such a badass. To me, it feels like another rewrite, but that may just be me. I just want the writers to let "sweet Caroline" keep her edge. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 1

Perhaps the writers are putting the brakes on Caridge consummating their relationship due to the backlash from having Brooke and Bill have sex the second Katie left Brooke's bedroom after taking off her wedding rings.

I guess that I'm not seeing how Caroline's personality has really changed. She's just been on good behavior because of her transgression with Ridge. This has happened before when she pulled her claws back and actually atoned her treatment of Maya. She'll come swinging back again.

I know that I am the lone person who doesn't like the pairing of Ridge and Caroline. He just looks way too old and world-worn for her. I realize that the age differential is roughly the same as Eric/Donna, but it just seems so skeevy. (Although I won't deny that those two have chemistry.) What I am guessing is that if those two actually get together, Ridge, being Ridge, will eventually tire of the novelty and move on. Especially if Brooke is back and no longer involved with Bill and Deacon appears to be committed to Quinn. Bridge Redux would be a huge bore and disappointment, but what are they going to do with Brooke when KKL returns? The thought of Brooke actually having a storyline where she is a strong independent businesswoman is a figment of the imagination and now that she no longer has Hope to dote on, what?

Whether I like the pairings in question or not, these storylines are so much more compelling than the junior varsity ToD.

Anybody else think the writers are turning Ivy into Taylor II?

• Love 3

I know that I am the lone person who doesn't like the pairing of Ridge and Caroline. He just looks way too old and world-worn for her. I realize that the age differential is roughly the same as Eric/Donna, but it just seems so skeevy. (Although I won't deny that those two have chemistry.)

Not the lone person!  I think it's gross.

• Love 3

Perhaps the writers are putting the brakes on Caridge consummating their relationship due to the backlash from having Brooke and Bill have sex the second Katie left Brooke's bedroom after taking off her wedding rings.

I guess that I'm not seeing how Caroline's personality has really changed. She's just been on good behavior because of her transgression with Ridge. This has happened before when she pulled her claws back and actually atoned her treatment of Maya. She'll come swinging back again.

I know that I am the lone person who doesn't like the pairing of Ridge and Caroline. He just looks way too old and world-worn for her. I realize that the age differential is roughly the same as Eric/Donna, but it just seems so skeevy. (Although I won't deny that those two have chemistry.) What I am guessing is that if those two actually get together, Ridge, being Ridge, will eventually tire of the novelty and move on. Especially if Brooke is back and no longer involved with Bill and Deacon appears to be committed to Quinn. Bridge Redux would be a huge bore and disappointment, but what are they going to do with Brooke when KKL returns? The thought of Brooke actually having a storyline where she is a strong independent businesswoman is a figment of the imagination and now that she no longer has Hope to dote on, what?

I started out liking the idea of Ridge and Caroline together because of the chemistry between the actors, but now I'm starting not to care one way or another because of the writing. I personally don't feel any investment in them as a couple with the way things stand right now. I guess I'm just waiting to see what happens next, because what I thought was going to happen as outlined in my long, previous posts obviously isn't going to happen, lol. 

I guess for me the story lost some of the initial buildup that made it exciting, and it's made the initial chemistry between TK and LG suffer because that's been shoved to the backburner. To me, the story lost a lot of its momentum when Eric told Rick unless he reconciled with Caroline, he would be fired from the CEO position. 

Rick had already told Caroline, "Screw you," and was dating Maya very openly in public. After that, Ridge and Caroline seemed to be around each other almost 24/7, having hushed, close conversations all over the FC building. She even told him she "had fallen" for him after the fashion show.

I just think that instead of interjecting Eric into the storyline at that point, Bell should have been using that time to bring Caroline and Ridge closer together until he decided he wanted to leave Katie for her (but not have them sleep together until after that). It wouldn't have taken much more "convincing" by Caroline, Ridge was barely holding out as it was. Then once Ridge told Katie it was over, he and Caroline would have been free and clear to be together back then.

In fact, Bell still could kept the EXACT SAME SCENE with Katie being the one to break up with Ridge when she saw that he and Caroline had become too close, so Ridge wouldn't have to be the bad guy for hurting Katie. Katie could have still gone back to Bill. I still don't quite understand why Eric had to be interjected into the storyline at that particular point. Surely Rick could have tried to seize irrevocable control of FC some other way. 

(May I be honest here? Part of me wonders if this was all just a way to put the brakes on the "Caroline and Ridge" story to give BROOKE enough time to get back)? 

As for Caroline's "personality change," IMO, she should not have been behaving like Rick was this great "wronged victim." IMO, long before the big reveal this past Friday, she should have told Rick to kiss her ass if he couldn't forgive her and refused to sleep with her. Caroline should have reminded Rick every chance she got that she may have kissed Ridge a few times, but he had actual PIV sex with Maya. 

And after he turned her down enough times, she should have been packing her bags. That's why it felt to me like she was being rewritten into a (dumb) damsel, because the old Caroline probably would have hired a private investigator to follow Rick when he wasn't coming home late at night. Didn't she suspect even once that he could have still been shagging Maya since she had recently caught them together? Caroline never even once drove by Brooke's house to see if Rick's car was there? 

Most people have an instinct to know or at least suspect when their partner is cheating, but Caroline was suddenly too "sweet and naive" even for that. Most importantly, Caroline definitely should not have been asking the little bastard to make a baby with her, IMO. I understand she loved Rick and wanted to make things up to him, but to me all of that was way beyond overkill. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Love 3
I know that I am the lone person who doesn't like the pairing of Ridge and Caroline. He just looks way too old and world-worn for her. I realize that the age differential is roughly the same as Eric/Donna, but it just seems so skeevy.

Don't feel like the lone ranger. I don't like them either though I do understand why people might find them hot. TK really used to be able to sell that special kind of desperate ardor for a woman he perhaps can't or shouldn't have but right now I just can't get past his slovenly appearance. Plus the age difference thing. Both Ridge and TK are old enough to be Caroline and the actress' father. Ick.

Anybody else think the writers are turning Ivy into Taylor II?

In what way? (Other than she looks so much like a young Liz Taylor that they should hire her to update those White Diamonds perfume commercials.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

So rumor has it that

Brooke ends up as CEO with Steffy's help (?) when all of the dust settles.

There is another published spoiler that said that final control of FC would be a shocker.

If this is true, I'd like to see how Brad goes from Steffy hating Brooke and wanting her out of the company to going against her own father and backing her to be CEO.

• Love 2
Maybe Brooke supports Ridge and Eric supports Rick, driving a wedge between Brooke and Eric

Thinking aloud, but how would they get Brooke to side with Ridge after his attempted coup, and after his desertion of her in favour of her sister, and over her son whom she supported before? Rick would have to do something that has her change alleigances and off the top of my head I can't come up with anything drastic enough. (Other than have Brooke return to LA with newfound inexplicable all-consuming love for Ridge, of course.) And wouldn't that event also cause Eric to change sides, if he is in the habit of following Brooke? I like the idea of Brooke vs Eric but I'm not sure how that would happen - not saying that it couldn't at all, of course.

I was just thinking out loud too St3phForrester; I keep thinking about the article I read with BB, who said Brooke was going to have an explosive SL in 2015. Something that has never been done, and will take her in a new direction. And I keep trying to figure out how that is going to play out with this C/R/M/R stuff, cause you know, if it involves Ridge, Rick and FC's, Brooke is going to be involved somehow.

I actually liked it better that it was just a kiss or two, and not a full-on extramarital sex romp.

Me too; if they had allowed Ridge and Caroline to go the distance, there just wouldn't be a rootable couple here. While Ridge and Caroline may not own the moral high ground, in my mind, they are certainly several rungs up on the ladder. Now, if Rick had behaved better, and I will even give him his grief boink, because on B&B it seems that is how all folks handle despair, but his behavior since finding out about R/C has been off the chain. And another big thing for me is the whys of it all. Ridge and Caroline didn't set out to hurt anyone; they discovered a natural attraction, that led to some kissing, and some type of emotional bonding. Rick didn't initially set out to hurt Caroline, but Maya took over at this point, and stalked Rick to his mom's cabin and took full advantage of a broken down Rick. And this is when Rick started devising his little plots and schemes, and everything since has been for full effect, and to hurt anyone and everyone. If Rick had only been gunning for Caroline, then I think I might have been ok with it all, but in typical Rick fashion, everyone has to pay for his wife's betrayal.

No doubt Eric should have stayed out of it; part of me still believes this SL is to exhibit Eric's failing mental capacities, but Rick should have done the same thing Ridge did when Eric propositioned him about the CEO spot and Brooke. He should have told Eric no way. But Rick was already on the revenge track by then, and saw a perfect opportunity to stick it to Caroline and Ridge, and his dad, by using FC's.

Maya exemplifies the underside of infidelity, affairs and mistresses. She is a stalker, a user, an instigator, she has no integrity or grace. She has bitten the hand that feeds her by disrespecting nearly everyone in the Forrester family. If she wants to dislike Ridge because he see's Rick for what he is, she has that right, but she doesn't have the right to disrespect Ridge's accomplishments, and his contributions to FC's. But, just like any good Moll, Maya has it out for anyone who doesn't have her man's back. This dumb twit doesn't seem to realize that one of the major reasons there is even a company to argue about is largely contributable to Ridge. His and Eric's collaborations were the driving force at FC's, and without them, there would be no company. So, when Maya starts saying "Ridge will be the first to go", with her dismissive little hand wave, I susgest she take a seat and shut her pie hole. Or, she can go out to Macy's or some other retailer and by some dresses to model.

This is why I say I don't see Ridge and Caroline rolling over and playing dead for a year. Something is clearly going to happen to rectify this terrible mistake Eric made. And I keep going back to Brooke. It has been established that Eric cannot trust Ridge or Rick to run the company the right way. Rick wants to destroy it, and Ridge cannot keep his dislike for Rick out ot it either, but I don't think he would ever set out to sabotage FC's. Apparently Thorne doesn't want it. So who does that leave? Maybe this will be the new SL for Brooke? Taking over Forrester again, and maybe she will try and do something with her wayward, childlike, boyman son.

• Love 6

I want Brooke to come back wearing her red suit and a new hairdo and kick some Forrester business ass.

I hope that is the direction they are going, rather than toss her into another tired worn out romance triangle with Ridge/Bill/Liam/Oliver/Wyatt/Carter/Eric/Thorne/Deacon or any other male/female currently on the show.

She is supposed to be an awesome business woman, so show that to me rather than the worn out giggly sex kitten act that has been played out over and over again.

That is a Brooke I would root for against any of the dolts on screen - Ridge, Eric and Rick especially - I don't care about the family ties as they don't seem to matter in their intertwined love lives.

• Love 8

Wouldn't the Board be over the CEO? Couldn't they create a new position that would be over the CEO?

You would think so but the CEO is the top of the food chain. For Eric to give Rick irrevocable status without the permission of the board, could render the contract mute and be the loophole to ouster Rick. That all depends on the corporate by-laws of FC. But I'm forgetting this is not the real world which would include as a new CEO you don't tick your top employees off. What is a design house without its top designers.

I would just love to see $Bill doing his macho act on Rick dissing his beloved Caroline for much more than Quinn's actions, I would fear $Bill the most.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 3

She is supposed to be an awesome business woman, so show that to me rather than the worn out giggly sex kitten act that has been played out over and over again.

If I have to have Brooke on my screen, then this is what I prefer to see. I'm not a fan of the character (as all of you might have guessed from that first sentence) nor of KKL because I've been dead tired of the sex kitten nonsense for years now. I've never found Brooke compelling or interesting enough to be the be all and end all for so many male characters on this show.

In the past, I would totally believe Brooke would come back to town and Ridge would be panting after her again. Now? I'm not so sure. This isn't the same Ridge.

The one pairing of Brooke's that I enjoyed was with Thorne. Now I wouldn't mind a re-do of that while Brooke is situated as CEO.

• Love 5