Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Ivy's always in somebody's business, trying to tell them about their self based on what she heard.

That's actually true. I can't help but recall her buttinski bullcrap with Wyatt after ShoveintheWatergate. She only gets to do that without repercussions because the Stephanies, Steffys, Ambers and Sheilas (irony)of the B&B world are long gone. Has she attempted to full-on tango with Quinn yet? Ill-advised and I'm guessing Quinn ain't a fan of her meddling either, she did shove her in a river. If you are going to meddle she should really go all-in like Quinn in.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Yeah, I hope Maya gets knocked up with twins at this point. I am totally over this story of Maya appearing not to be good enough for Rick and Caroline looking like the wounded wife complete with the crocodile tears.

I only gave B&B a second look again because they appeared to be doing something with their black characters FOR ONCE, but they are on a thin line with me.

• Love 5

Yeah, I hope Maya gets knocked up with twins at this point. I am totally over this story of Maya appearing not to be good enough for Rick and Caroline looking like the wounded wife complete with the crocodile tears.

I only gave B&B a second look again because they appeared to be doing something with their black characters FOR ONCE, but they are on a thin line with me.

Preaching to the converted, right here but I'll happily stay for another sermon. A-men.

I'm exhausted of the 'worthless black girl', and 'everything she touches turns to gold' white girl trope as well. Even more on this show since Blonde girl is instantly equated with untouchable glittery hoo-ha, may all stand in exhaltation. Please.

Caroline did everything that Maya is doing and then some, 'breaking up a marriage' that already sucked doesn't translate on a scale of threatening to send someone to prison. Caroline is poison, she gets away with everything Maya doesn't because she's blonde, rich and has a psychopathic Uncle who's willing to commit felonies for her.

I can't wait until Maya's sister shows up so I can see Maya with someone in her corner. kia Thank you for posting that bonus clip, the insight into Maya's character is fantastic and KM is doing such wonderful things with these scenes.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

Eh, I'm kind of digging Maya/Rick for the so so wrong mistress and adulterer malicious and enjoying it scheming angle they're going for. Actually I'm all for Maya/Rick with Maya getting her big wedding and Forrester last name so that Caroline and Ridge are free to get their freak on and Maya then has to suffer the constant insecurity and rage of her man still obsessing over 'losing' to Ridge and she realizes she may have gotten the ring, but she didn't win the man.

Maya, you can't in one breath sneeringly threaten to send Ivy packing and then have the balls to whip out the big puppy dog eyes and quivering lip and ask 'What would be so bad having me in your family?' You just showed why by threatening the woman!

Caroline asking Rick about having a baby only means one thing in terms of story: she's off the pill to be knocked up by someone else when she has a one night stand/affair.

Pure speculation: This whole signing over the company irrevocably to Rick and playing Eric and Caroline and Eric giving Rick chance after chance leads me to believe that when Rick's schemes come out, it's coming out in a big way as in this might cause Eric to have a stroke or heart attack over Rick's mountain of betrayal and the issues Rick and Ridge thought they had will go to a new level in that Ridge will blame Rick for causing Eric's health issues and he will no longer hesitate to squash him. Rick will no longer be his brother and Ridge will go after Caroline who will be willing now knowing the crap Rick has done. Thing is Eric will have signed over the company to Rick at that point so Rick will be CEO but ar the cost of Eric.

As for Caroline and Ridge: TK plays Ridge as a man so besotted by Caroline that he can't take his eyes off her and she's aware of it and trying to ignore it. And that daydream of his? The man's got it so bad it is killing him and yet he seemed very sincere about giving Rick credit for stepping up and was not going to fight him on anything - Caroline or Forrester. The writers are nicely and subtly showing through his actions what Ridge won't admit - he's in love with the woman and is putting her before his ego. He thinks she wants Rick and wants him to be happy so he's backing off her and Forrester and just doing his job. But when he finds out Rick's been playing all of them? Its gonna be sooooo on.

• Love 15

Wow, Ivy, you certainly blew Maya's hair back today by pulling out the big "R" word.

If Rick hadn't been so defensive Ivy might have believed him. Funny little boy man, trying to threaten your cousin with an ousting; as if your dad wouldn't have something to say about that. Oh, that's right, Rick is CEO, so of course he controls the whole entire universe.

Do they still make chastity belts? If so, Carolline needs one post haste! I don't want that smarmy little weasel getting his nasty divining rod anywhere near Caroline. And NO friggin babies either. I would implode if Caroline turned up pregnant by Rick. Let that happen to Maya; that would be hilarious.

So, Carter is clearly going to be hooking up with someone. Maya's younger sister? Donna? Ivy?

I need more Ridge daydreaming of Caroline.

Indeed! That was a sweet little tast they gave us, but it had been a veritable drought for weeks. But I am much more patient now that Hope is gone and they are focusing on the good stuff again.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 5

Why is there a rack of shirts in the CEO's office? And why is the CEO's office also used as a design studio? You'd think FC could afford to have a separate room for the designers, what with those exorbitant prices they're charging for the couture gowns.

Geez, could those shirtless scenes with Carter have been more gratuitous? If I didn't know better I'd think he was trying to flirt with Ridge. And why was Carter's chest so shiny? He probably has to have his shirts specially laundered to get huge oily stains out of them.

Oh Maya, get over yourself; it's not like Ivy called you a heaux. You slid your foot into that shoe without anyone's help. But I agree with comments upthread that Ivy probably needs to keep her nose out of it. Not out of fear but because there's just nothing to be gained by wallowing in someone else's filth.

Delusional

No kidding. Rick had better be careful with her. I can see Maya deliberately getting knocked up in hopes of forcing his hand. A Forrester anchor baby would basically set her up if not for life then at least the next 20 years or so. It'll be hilarious if macho man Rick has two women pregnant at the same time.

So, Carter is clearly going to be hooking up with someone. Maya's younger sister? Donna? Ivy?

Wasn't there a spoiler that it was going to be

Caroline

?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

Caroline

Yes, there was, but I refuse to entertain it.

But I agree with comments upthread that Ivy probably needs to keep her nose out of it.

Normally I would agree, but it was Maya's inability to keep her nose out of it that set this whole thing in motion. And all she saw was a hug, and started shouting about affairs and infidelity. I'd say Maya doesn't have a whole lotta wiggle room here, and should keep the threats to a minimum.

• Love 6

First off, I thought Carter & Ridge we're going to get it on. Carter kept taking off his shirt and then putting in another one again. All the while, asking for Ridge's opinion. If it walks like a duck, um,well, you know what I mean. I sort of like Ivy getting in Maya's face. It ain't her business but I like that she was being all judgy with Rick & sort of trying to help Maya out. LOL!!! I actually thought Rick was playing both Maya & Caroline but he really hasn't forgiven Caroline and can't bare to be with her. All in all, a good episode. Also, another plus......no Hope or Liam. See! The show can survive without them Brad Bell.

• Love 6

Preaching to the converted, right here but I'll happily stay for another sermon. A-men.

I'm exhausted of the 'worthless black girl', and 'everything she touches turns to gold' white girl trope as well. Even more on this show since Blonde girl is instantly equates with untouchable glittery hoo-ha, may all stand in exaltation. Please.

Caroline did everything that Maya is doing and then some, 'breaking up a marriage' that already sucked doesn't translate on a scale of threatening to send someone to prison. Caroline is poison, she gets away with everything Maya doesn't because she's blonde, rich and has a psychopathic Uncle who's willing to coit felonies for her.

I can't wait until Maya's sister shows up to see Maya with someone in her corner. kia Thank you for posting that bonus clip, the insight into Maya's character is fantastic and KM is doing such wonderful things with these scenes.

The line they are pushing is getting old and its starting to get on my nerves. The only thing I am not liking about this storyline is that Maya is not pushing Rick to state how he feels about her. 

I will say one thing Rick's tears today and this entire storyline seems to be more about Rick being upset that he's been bested by Ridge as opposed to Caroline cheating on him per se. Whatever, I hope it ends soon...Caroline can sex up Ridge, Carter, Wyatt or Eric (who loves her so darn much). 

• Love 3

Ivy desperately needs to take a class in Blackmail 101.  Rick is in no position to be issuing threats, it's the other way around!  If Ivy tattles on Rick, Rick will fire her...BUT if Ivy tattles on Rick, Eric will take the CEO position away from Rick (Rick is CEO, by the way) & would be in no position to fire her.  Maybe that dip into the Seine caused some kind of brain injury!

• Love 6

No kidding. Rick had better be careful with her. I can see Maya deliberately getting knocked up in hopes of forcing his hand. A Forrester anchor baby would basically set her up if not for life then at least the next 20 years or so. It'll be hilarious if macho man Rick has two women pregnant at the same time.

Caroline

?

So are we looking at a potential baby switch, then? Seems to be where that is headed if Caroline hooks up with Carter.

ETA:  The spoiler tag is just speculation on a previous spoiler.  I have no idea where they are going with this.  :-)

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 2

Ivy needs to worry about her so called boyfriend who was kissing all on another woman last week. I wonder does she know about that?

She's busy minding other people's business while her business is slipping out the door. Oh come home Steffy, come home.

This show is turning into some kind of crack addiction all I want to do is eat Pot of Gold and watch this crap on repeat. They really have struck gold with these storylines (however illogical).

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 5

I do think Steffy is a necessary character, but I hope she's written different.  Just my opinion, she became Hope, minus the goody-goody image.  When Steffy returns, I want a mature Steffy who couldn't be bothered with man-child Liam & plays a major part in the family business.  Maybe Rick could be found out & Steffy be made CEO?

So are we looking at a potential baby switch, then? Seems to be where that is headed if Caroline hooks up with Carter.

Wow. Has that ever been done on a daytime soap before?

An interracial baby switch?

I'll be majorly impressed if B&B pulls that off.

ETA: Yeah, the spoiler tags are mostly speculation on the first actual spoiler about

Caroline and Carter gettin' it on

, a plot point which may have been dumped because right now it seems like something that would come out of thin air.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

Wow. Has that ever been done on a daytime soap before?

An interracial baby switch?

I'll be majorly impressed if B&B pulls that off.

Wait, what? Who does the switching? This sounds like a job for Dena Higley.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

That's actually true. I can't help but recall her buttinski bullcrap with Wyatt after ShoveintheWatergate. She only gets to do that without repercussions because the Stephanies, Steffys, Ambers and Sheilas (irony)of the B&B world are long gone. Has she attempted to full-on tango with Quinn yet? Ill-advised and I'm guessing Quinn ain't a fan of her meddling either, she did shove her in a river. If you are going to meddle she should really go all-in like Quinn in.

If Ivy thinks Hope was mean to her in Amsterdam, wait until Steffy gets back and decides she wants Liam again.  (Although I fear the show might not be able to resist going for a "Liam sleeps with one girl thinking she's the other" given the general physical resemblance.) 

Oh Maya, get over yourself; it's not like Ivy called you a heaux. You slid your foot into that shoe without anyone's help. But I agree with comments upthread that Ivy probably needs to keep her nose out of it. Not out of fear but because there's just nothing to be gained by wallowing in someone else's filth.

If it didn't involve the business they all work for, I'd agree.  But, since this affects the company, Ivy would be an idiot to just sit quietly.  If she doesn't tell right away, I'd like to see a scene where she learns Eric is contemplating signing that paper, and she goes running to tell him what's going on. 

• Love 3

Normally I would agree, but it was Maya's inability to keep her nose out of it that set this whole thing in motion. And all she saw was a hug, and started shouting about affairs and infidelity. I'd say Maya doesn't have a whole lotta wiggle room here, and should keep the threats to a minimum.

THIS!  Very well stated.  As far as I'm concerned...Ivy can butt in all she wants:  she's only doing the very same thing Myrna did and it's not like Ivy is trying to break up any relationships so she can get with the CEO and keys to mansion.    Ivy has every right to be concerned at what is going on.  I'm just hoping she gets a spine and realizes that she holds the trump card here and goes to Eric.  

Add me to the list that hopes it's Myrna who gets knocked up.  I need Rick to have that noose tied really tight around him and we'll see how Myrna deals when Rick is demoted or worse in the unemployment line.  

As for Caroline and Ridge: TK plays Ridge as a man so besotted by Caroline that he can't take his eyes off her and she's aware of it and trying to ignore it. And that daydream of his? The man's got it so bad it is killing him and yet he seemed very sincere about giving Rick credit for stepping up and was not going to fight him on anything - Caroline or Forrester. The writers are nicely and subtly showing through his actions what Ridge won't admit - he's in love with the woman and is putting her before his ego. He thinks she wants Rick and wants him to be happy so he's backing off her and Forrester and just doing his job. But when he finds out Rick's been playing all of them? Its gonna be sooooo on.

I love this!   I got chills at the bolded, because that's exactly what I see. 

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 6

If Ivy thinks Hope was mean to her in Amsterdam, wait until Steffy gets back and decides she wants Liam again.  (Although I fear the show might not be able to resist going for a "Liam sleeps with one girl thinking she's the other" given the general physical resemblance.)!

Aw crap! Do you think? Okay let's talk this out, he'd have to be pretty drunk to justify that, what would do it? A text from Hope saying she isn't coming back? That  does mean he'd have to pine for her until Steffy comes back though.

KerleyQ I'd totally agree with you on a business front except that she hasn't mentioned the good of the company once, it's all about butting into Rick's personal life. I definitely think she has the right to tell Rick to 'straighten up and fly right' if she sees the potential for him to run the business into the ground but right now she hasn't made the CEO connection and I don't think she even knows about Dumbo Eric's ultimatum and even if she did, confronting Maya is the last thing she should be doing. If she's soooo close to Caroline she'd be better just telling her and being done with it.

ETA Ridge isn't in love with Caroline at all IMO. The only person Waffle #1 has ever been in love with is Waffle. He should pour some syrup on himself and try to get married. I see a man who used Caroline to reclaim his identity, alleviate his nostalgia and stick it to Rick, I don't see a great love story between them at all. There's nothing noble about macking on your brother's wife then "coming to your senses" when you get caught. If Ridge were any less remorseful he'd be Quinn or Bill. For all the whining Bill does about the dressmaker him and Ridge are A LOT alike and they both enjoy hooking up with women young enough to be their daughter or who used to be their daughters (in Ridge's case) or are their sister-in-laws (Ridge AND Bill).

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4
KerleyQ I'd totally agree with you on a business front except that she hasn't mentioned the good of the company once, it's all about butting into Rick's personal life. I definitely think she has the right to tell Rick to 'straighten up and fly right' if she sees the potential for him to run the business into the ground but right now she hasn't made the CEO connection and I don't think she even knows about Dumbo Eric's ultimatum and even if she did, confronting Maya is the last thing she should be doing. If she's soooo close to Caroline she'd be better just telling her and being done with it.

Even if she doesn't know, specifically, about the whole CEO for life thing (or whatever the hell Rick's pulling), I'd still see it as a work concern for her.  Rick is the CEO, Caroline is the designer, Maya is the "lead model."  This stuff has already spilled over into the business.  And there's zero chance, even without Rick's master plan, that the CEO cheating on the designer with the model isn't going to hurt the business eventually.  But, once she does get wind of that document, she'd be stupid to not blab to anyone who will listen and rip that pen out of Eric's hand. 

But, yes, she should tell Caroline, if they're friends. 

• Love 3

Someone up thread mentioned that Eric should find out in a big, major way, and as a result, he develops some sort of health issue. So, here is my scenario:

Rick goes to the love nest, and instead of turning his phone off, he actually puts in a call to Eric, who has left his phone in the office when he went downstairs for something. When he returns, he sees a missed call from Rick and starts listening, and hears his son and his sidepiece discussing their plans, and what they are going to have to do to get Eric to sign the papers. Eric listens in disbelieve, and has a heart attack. Ridge comes in and finds Eric slumped over the desk, and immediately calls for help, and without realizing it, he takes Eric's phone and puts it in his pocket. All the while, Eric has been mumbling about Rick and his betrayal, but it isn't until his father is safely in the hospital that Ridge starts thinking about things and remembers the phone. He looks to see what Eric was listening to and see's the message from Rick. After listening, he decides to talk to Carter for legal advise, because he knows he can trust him. Then, he tells Caroline, and the three of them team up to beat Rick and Maya at their own game. I don't know how they would do this, but it sure sounds good. 

But, yes, she should tell Caroline, if they're friends.

I got the impression that Ivy wasn't sure exactly what was going on, and was trying to give Rick the benefit of the doubt. Her opening volley's to Maya sounded like she thought Maya was chasing Rick (she was, but not now), and she was just trying to make Maya see reason. I don't think Ivy fully understood the enormity of things until Maya tried to get threatening. Something tells me that Ivy isn't going to be a pushover. I remember how she wasn't a fraidy cat about Quinn, and how she just waltzed over there and started using Quinn's blowtorch and welding gear. And Quinn is far more scary and threatening than Maya. And someone needs to step up and start reigning these two losers in. I didn't want it to be Ivy, but as long as the end result is the same I could care less.

Forgot to add in my last post how I guffawed at Maya's remark about being the next Forrester Family Matriarch. Really? So Maya thinks that being the Wife of the Irrevocable CEO means you get the Matriarch title too? I don't think Stephanie's picture would fall off the wall over that one; nope, I think it would fly across the room in an effort to knock some sense into this person.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11
First off, I thought Carter & Ridge we're going to get it on.

If only!

I think Carter should change shirts every time he and Ridge have a conversation.

I started watching again after I read here that Hope left town, I must admit I'm enjoying the show much more without her.

• Love 8

I've been wrapping Christmas presents while watching, so I may have missed something. I recall Rick telling Ivy the menacing "you are NOT going to tell anybody," but I do not remember Ivy threatening to tell anybody in the first place.  Did she say anything about telling in a moment I wasn't paying attention? 

• Love 2
I've been wrapping Christmas presents while watching, so I may have missed something. I recall Rick telling Ivy the menacing "you are NOT going to tell anybody," but I do not remember Ivy threatening to tell anybody in the first place.  Did she say anything about telling in a moment I wasn't paying attention?

No; because he is guilty Rick was getting all defensive and pretty much sold himself out with his petty whining and general angry attitude. 

• Love 1

I've been wrapping Christmas presents while watching, so I may have missed something. I recall Rick telling Ivy the menacing "you are NOT going to tell anybody," but I do not remember Ivy threatening to tell anybody in the first place. Did she say anything about telling in a moment I wasn't paying attention?

She intimated that she was or that he himself should. Aww hell just out them already then because I don't need Ivy in this storyline. The only time I like her is with Liam (and same for him).

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Aww hell just out them already then because I don't need Ivy in this storyline.

I definitely  agree with you there.  Personally I would have found it a hell of a lot more interesting if Aly had been the one to catch them.  I wonder if she'd start smelling the evil on both of them :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8

wtf with this dog crap? I know it's the holidays, but this is ridiculous and I don't ever need to see Ivy's father again.

Also, Ivy needs to say to Rick: Don't you threaten me, you little twerp. How long do you think you'd have YOUR job if Uncle Eric learned you're holding mine over my head in exchange for keeping secret the fact that you're fucking the help? Asshole.

• Love 2

All of those dogs were ugly.

Did they just let Fred what's his face just improv his lines during that scene? That dialogue was painful.

Rick saying that he and Maya would host the Christmas dinner next year was the closest I've heard him come to saying that he saw some kind of future with her. They also looked really cute dressed down when they showed up to the mission.

I missed the first five minutes, but I turned my nose up at Ivy when she said, "You're going to lose everything over th-- over Maya." No, boo boo. The characters of Caroline and Maya are basically the same in my eyes. They both do the same dirt and they both got got the same way, but only Maya has all of this disdain heaped upon her? I'm not feeling it. Real life is a different story, but this is Bell-A, where people have sex with all the brothers in a family, they have sex with their sister's husbands, they have sex with their niece's husbands, they engineer the rape of another person, they dump people out of helicoperters over the Persian Gulf, but Maya is relegated to a "that"? THAT'S why I wasn't mad when Ivy got her face cracked by Wyatt when he said she might want to actually find out if she still had plans with Liam.

• Love 2

I want to smack myself for saying this, but I saw chemistry between Ivy and Wyatt today, especially in that scene where they were standing right up close to each other.  I actually think that's more chemistry than I've seen from her and Liam (on her side, I think Liam is better with her than anyone else he's been involved with, although his best is still opposite Quinn or Katie).  

Even the dogs looked embarrassed to be a part of that corny mess today.  But I'll take Diablo, just send him my way, show. 

• Love 2

I like that this show supports the humane society but I'm confused by the message on today's episode. My local humane society always discourages people from giving animals as a Christmas present.

I hate Myrna. I just want to wipe that smirk off her face. That stupid look on her face when she and Rick went to the mission was enough to make me want to reach through the TV and slap her hard. That expression made me think she feels superior to the clients of the mission. DIAF Myrna!

• Love 4

I do think Steffy is a necessary character, but I hope she's written different. Just my opinion, she became Hope, minus the goody-goody image. When Steffy returns, I want a mature Steffy who couldn't be bothered with man-child Liam & plays a major part in the family business. Maybe Rick could be found out & Steffy be made CEO,

I would also much prefer a mature Steffy -- remember, she's quite a few years older than Hope. I would love for her to get involved in the business again -- she is the one who got Forrester back from Bill! (Steffy+Bill forever!)

• Love 1

All of those dogs were ugly.

Did they just let Fred what's his face just improv his lines during that scene? That dialogue was painful.

Rick saying that he and Maya would host the Christmas dinner next year was the closest I've heard him come to saying that he saw some kind of future with her. They also looked really cute dressed down when they showed up to the mission.

I missed the first five minutes, but I turned my nose up at Ivy when she said, "You're going to lose everything over th-- over Maya." No, boo boo. The characters of Caroline and Maya are basically the same in my eyes. They both do the same dirt and they both got got the same way, but only Maya has all of this disdain heaped upon her? I'm not feeling it. Real life is a different story, but this is Bell-A, where people have sex with all the brothers in a family, they have sex with their sister's husbands, they have sex with their niece's husbands, they engineer the rape of another person, they dump people out of helicoperters over the Persian Gulf, but Maya is relegated to a "that"? THAT'S why I wasn't mad when Ivy got her face cracked by Wyatt when he said she might want to actually find out if she still had plans with Liam.

Did Wyatt say that? Awesome. Somebody needs to remind her to keep her eyes on her own test. What a busybody and you're absolutely right about Maya catching all the heat and the double standard. What Caroline did to Maya is the same as what Maya did to Caroline, I'd even say Caroline took it further. Maya just took advantage when Caroline fucked up her own life. If she wasn't half deep with her hubby's bro this wouldn't have happened.

I will say though that Rick did mention a future when he first proposed the idea of sneaking around and CEO takeover-ing. He said "I'm doing this for our future."

I'm glad I have this forum to give me perspective with the back story because I never saw Caroline as anything other than a nice newlywed who accidentally got too close to her b-i-l.  Truly though, I do have a hard time imagining her as the mean girl.  Well, except for one scene not so long ago where she was kind of snippy with Maya and I did think it seemed OOC for her, from what little I knew. Which appears to be very little. :-)

The character of Maya I'm still not so sure of.  There are days that I like her and wouldn't mind rooting for her and then the next, no, not so much.  Maybe the problem is that I'm not sure what she sees in Rick.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1
Can't say she's not ambitious, huh? ;) Who says this stuff? I could understand that she wants to be Rick's wife, and LEAD MODEL, but matriarch?! How old is she? Sheesh, matriarchs to me are like grandmotherly figures that the whole family looks up to for sage advice from a long lifetime of smart decisions. Stephanie hit two out of three of those marks. But Maya as matriarch? Delusional!

Not at all trying to defend Maya but I think in her mind, she and Rick will be together for decades. They'll have children and grandchildren and eventually she'll be old enough to reign as the Forrester matriarch. Frankly I think the Forresters would all disown themselves and renounce their family name before they'd regard Maya as their matriarch but I guess a girl (named Maya) can dream...

Or, Ivy could just tell her dad, who would quickly rectify matters with Eric.

Yep. She probably should have gone straight to Eric to begin with instead of trying to reason with spoiled baby Rick and his gun moll. But I'm mostly still on the "stay out of it" train because although Rick may be a lot of bark and little bite, I think Maya would actually cut a bish.

I hate Myrna. I just want to wipe that smirk off her face. That stupid look on her face when she and Rick went to the mission was enough to make me want to reach through the TV and slap her hard. That expression made me think she feels superior to the clients of the mission. DIAF Myrna!

I can't stand this bitch either.  She was something today telling Ivy that she was trying to 'act all innocent'  when later it was she who strolled through the shelter with a side ponytail looking all doe eyed, trying to act like she was the essence off innocent.  Then there was the crack she made to Rick that the only reason Ivy came by her apartment was to 'judge me'.  Interesting that no one can judge her but that was exactly what she was doing to Caroline and Ridge and they really had only shared a few klssess.   Myrna really needs to climb down off that pedestal she's put herself on.   I could appreciate her game if she weren't so damn smug all the time.  She's only a mistress and she's acting like she's the next Stephanie Forrester.  This girl needs to have a few stadiums seats because she just doesn't have it like that.  I sort of hope that when her sister arrives it's to cause a shitload of trouble for Myrna.   I don't expect her to be team Caroline, but I sure as shit hope she has a bunch of dirt on her sister.     I'm personally rooting for a murder  down the road and hope it's Myrna they find murdered. I've had about enough of her trifling ass and those goofy grins aren't doing her any favors. 

I actually felt bad for Wyatt today and was glad to see Ivy comfort and remind him that he lost a child too.  Was it just me or did her eyes scan over his face as if she was seeing him in a new way?  Maybe there will be some chem testing with these two or a teasing of a relationship? 

I really wish they'd roll Oliver and Ally out more. I miss those two and think they need more story.   The actress who plays Ally is a model in real life.  I'd love it if they would consider Ally for some modeling and give Myrna something to sweat about in her career.  She loves to lord it over everyone how she's the lead model. 

Fred Willard is all sorts of goofy but I do think he and Pam could be cute together. 

• Love 5

I'm glad I have this forum to give me perspective with the back story because I never saw Caroline as anything other than a nice newlywed who accidentally got too close to her b-i-l. Truly though, I do have a hard time imagining her as the mean girl. Well, except for one scene not so long ago where she was kind of snippy with Maya and I did think it seemed OOC for her, from what little I knew. Which appears to be very little. :-)

The character of Maya I'm still not so sure of. There are days that I like her and wouldn't mind rooting for her and then the next, no, not so much. Maybe the problem is that I'm not sure what she sees in Rick.

Honestly, both Caroline and Maya should have been done with Rick last year. Rick emotionally and physically checked out of his and Caroline's relationship as soon as he met Maya without giving her an explanation and without just breaking up with her outright. This stuff that he's pulling now? Not really kissing her and not sleeping with her? This should feel very familiar to Caroline, since it's what he did before when he was sneaking around to see Maya. And Maya shouldn't have given Rick a second thought after he slept with Caroline, the woman who made it her life's mission to destroy his relationship with her, because he was mad that Maya kissed another man. Which is why I don't know what this whole "I let him slip through my fingers" crap is coming from. No, you dumped him for good reason.

But yeah, Caroline was ridiculous back then. She told Rick that Maya spent the night with Carter when all she had was second hand information. At least Maya actually saw what she exaggerated. Carter and Maya kissed while she was vulnerable in her relationship with Rick (albeit for a dumb reason) and Caroline's friend stole Maya's phone so that she and Rick couldn't get in contact with each other and when Rick showed up at her place, Caroline's friend lied and said that Maya wasn't there. Caroline's friend, whom she enlisted to help her break Rick and Maya up. But Maya was so wracked with guilt that she decided that she had to tell Rick what happened, unlike Caroline, who was just going to let that whole thing with Ridge slide. But Caroline got to Rick first and, instead of Rick hearing Maya out, he went home, drunk and mad. And guess who was there, ready to ply him with more wine and mount him while he was vulnerable. But you never heard anyone talking about Caroline in such dismissive terms like, "Rick, you just shacked up with the first warm body available." After that night, Rick decided he made a mistake and wanted to make up with Maya, but she'd already heard an earful from Caroline about what happened the previous night (including the ever classy "you were just his walk on the wild side") and decided she didn't want to deal with his crap anymore.

So should Maya and Caroline have a contentious relationship? Definitely! But for anyone else to look down on Maya, like Caroline is any better? No thanks.

Wyatt confiding in Pammy.

http://youtu.be/0JUclEznUM0

Edited by kia112
  • Love 4

Trying to watch The Bold and the Beautiful on youtube and all I hear is kia saying "All those dogs are ugly" and politichick's "what's with this dog crap?" bwahahaha hysterical. I guess next time I should watch the episode before I come on here.

I don't expect her to be team Caroline, but I sure as shit hope she has a bunch of dirt on her sister.

Why would her sister support a classist, racist asshole over her own flesh and blood?

The character of Maya I'm still not so sure of.  There are days that I like her and wouldn't mind rooting for her and then the next, no, not so much.  Maybe the problem is that I'm not sure what she sees in Rick.

Maya has undergone radical change, she started out as someone (like Dayzee) very skeptical of the Forresters, of course all black characters on CBS soaps start out poor as dirt (except Dr.Olivia Barber but I think her parents were supposed to be) her background is very sad, wrongfully accused and imprisoned, lost a child, back in town to reclaim her only to find that she had died. Then Rick started pursuing her hard core and Caroline, instead of talking it out with Rick decided to make Maya's life a living hell, which was not limited siccing Uncle Bill on her whom threatening to throw Maya back in jail if she didn't stop seeing Rick.

These people (the Spencers) are garbage humans, which isn't a problem on a soap opera, what is a problem for me is when a garbage human looks down at another human and calls them garbage hypocritically and that's what's happening with Maya. Everyone is conveniently forgetting (except Ivy who wasn't there) that Caroline was a creepy, stalker bitch on wheels who insinuated herself into Maya's life in every way possible, degrading her, threatening her and throwing herself at Rick at every turn. That's why the Maya hate doesn't fly with me, if you hate Maya on the "sidepiece" angle then there's no reason not to hate Caroline too, but whatever the case Caroline is no victim. All this going on now looks good on her, so Ivy can STFU.

(including the ever classy "you were just his walk on the wild side")

I reeeeeaaally hate Caroline. She's basically every solipsistic, spoiled, racist bitch I've ever met. She rather reminds me of Iggy Azalea.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

Maybe the problem is that I'm not sure what she sees in Rick.

I thought Wyatt and Liam were sad chasing after Hope but these 2 beautiful smart women chasing after a whining baby with a Napoleon complex are even worse. 

People may laugh but Aly''s Evil Super Sniffer* is 100% accurate so far.

Happy Holidays to all my fellow posters here !

*Apologies to Burton Guster

• Love 9

I'm fully aware that Caroline has done the same crap as Maya. Storywise, neither one is better than the other (though personally I tend to think messing in someone's marriage is worse than messing an engagement).

However, I don't like the actress who plays Maya. I watched her on Guiding Light and thought she was terrible all of the time. I think she's awful here too. That wide eyed look is not acting to me. Not at all.

I wasn't a big fan of the actress who played Caroline at first either, but once Caroline took that swan dive my opinion has changed. I think she's terrific.

For me it comes down to performance and I'd rather watch Caroline any day of the week. I want her as far away from Rick as possible. Frankly, I'd rather Maya dumped his whiny baby ass too.

Caroline and Ridge all the way for me!

I haven't missed Hope a bit. Brooke either. It's a pleasure  to  watch this show with neither of them around.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 9

Why would her sister support a classist, racist asshole over her own flesh and blood?

Re read my post please.  I never said I expected Myrna's sister to be pro Caroline.  I'm hoping that the sister's just don't get along.  I as a non Myrna fan would love to see her sister come to town with her OWN agenda, one that does not support Myrna.  I'd love to see Myrna squirm at the hands of someone who really knows the deal on her.   Not all sisters get along, at least not in my family.

Mileage an all that, but I don't see Caroline as racist.  I see her as a snob sure, but not racist. 

I'm fully aware that Caroline has done the same crap as Maya. Storywise, neither one is better than the other (though personally I tend to think messing in someone's marriage is worse than messing an engagement).

However, I don't like the actress who plays Maya. I watched her on Guiding Light and thought she was terrible pretty much all of the time. II think she's awful here too. That wide eyed look is not acting to me. Not at all.

I wasn't a big fan of the actress who played Caroline at first either, but once Carolyn took that swan dive my opinion has changed. I think she's terrific.

For me it comes down to performance and I'd rather watch Caroline any day of the week. I want her as far away from Rick as possible. Frankly, I'd rather Maya dumped his whiny baby ass too.

Caroline and Ridge all the way for me!

I haven't missed Hope a bit. Brooke either. It's a pleasure  to  watch this show with neither of them around.

Your whole post but especially the bolded parts.  Kara Moslely is a bit more enjoyable to watch lately but I still don't care for her acting.  The grinning and goofy faces take me right out, because it's the same trope over and over with her and I find myself simply annoyed rather than entertained.  

LG has really come into her own and I think that she really could be the next great heroine of the show.  I never found KM all that great of an actress, pretty to look at but not much else; with LG I am riveted to her scenes. 

Funny how having both Logan women gone can be like opening up with the windows and letting some fresh air in.  I don't miss either of them either.  I like KKL just fine, but this break from her has been wonderful! 

• Love 7

However, I don't like the actress who plays Maya. I watched her on Guiding Light and thought she was terrible all of the time. I think she's awful here too. That wide eyed look is not acting to me. Not at all.

I wasn't a big fan of the actress who played Caroline at first either, but once Carolyn took that swan dive my opinion has changed. I think she's terrific.

I agree that Linsey is a stronger actor than Karla. Or, rather, they started writing to Linsey's strengths. But, for me, many times even the actor's charisma can't overcome the character being a POS (see: Fitz, Scandal).

• Love 2

But for anyone else to look down on Maya, like Caroline is any better? No thanks.

I don't see it as a zero-sum game. It's possible to look down on Maya without necessarily supporting Caroline. I think they've both been wrong for various reasons at different times. Right now the writers seem to be tilting slightly in Caroline's favor but I expect that to end as soon as she either a) commits adultery herself (the PIV kind, not a few kisses) or b) finds out that Rick is playing her and is still with Maya.

FWIW, I don't think Crinoline is racist but I do think her "Myrna" crap is, intentional or no. Dear writers: please go re-read one of your HS history books. Pay closer attention to the parts in the antebellum era and how certain peoples' names birth names were disregarded and replaced. It's a disrespectful thing to do to anyone but in a historical context IMO it's particularly disrespectful to do to Maya (or Carter, or Justin, or Othello, etc.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

Fitz is terrible. :(

Mileage an all that, but I don't see Caroline as racist.  I see her as a snob sure, but not racist.

I see her as a racist. If you look at the name Myrna, which makes me cringe whenever I read it. Caroline dismissively insisting on calling her the wrong name is akin to seeing Maya as the help. Now, since she started this name-calling long before Maya ever worked for Forrester (and Maya has never operated in a food service capacity or house cleaning capacity for the Forresters or the Spencers) it calls to mind the old slave days when every house slave who took care of the children was named Mamie. The idea that she can call Maya anything really because it really doesn't matter what her name is as in Caroline's mind she's only there to serve her.

The Bells are sadly not above doing this sort of thing as they had an actual character named Mamie who was a nanny and maid on Young and the Restless, and I think it's how the deliberate mispronunciation of her name is meant. Further proof of this is illustrated in Caroline's "You don't belong here, you were his walk on the wild side." and basically any other way she has addressed Maya even up to the fact that she consistently interrupted the Raya relationship and feels absolutely no compunction about it because she doesn't see Maya as a person. Caroline (to my knowledge) doesn't have this relationship with anyone else on the show, only Maya, nor does anyone else have this relationship with Maya. Caroline doesn't treat the Logans or Oliver this way and one might say that the Logans are "Nouveau Riche" which rich snobs often like to look down upon, so that tells me it's not an issue of snobbery. The whole show seems to be written from a very skewed perspective so it's rather hard to watch it without bristling sometimes but if the writers didn't want Caroline to appear racist then they should have taken care to be less specific and pointed with the insults that she hurls at Maya.

but I do think her "Myrna" crap is, intentional or no. Dear writers: please go re-read one of your HS history books. Pay closer attention to the parts in the antebellum era and how certain peoples' names birth names were disregarded and replaced. It's a disrespectful thing to do to anyone but in a historical context IMO it's particularly disrespectful to do to Maya (or Carter, or Justin, or Othello, etc.)

Exactly, it really makes me cringe. I wish they would just make Maya and Caroline enemies like Brooke and Taylor and leave race and its ugliness out of it. I doubt they have black writers on staff so they shouldn't be treading in that water. If God don't like ugly then he doesn't like Maya or Caroline, there's plenty story to write without making it so imbalanced and bigoted, whether intentional or not, it's not cool.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4

I reeeeeaaally hate Caroline. She's basically every solipsistic, spoiled, racist bitch I've ever met. She rather reminds me of Iggy Azalea.

I think calling her a racist because she is nasty to the woman who is after her husband a bit if a stretch.  And could someone please explain why "Myrna" is racist? She's calling her by a name that is similar but incorrect to show that she is insignificant...and not insignificant because she is black.  Yeesh

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 12